Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,886 members, 7,817,611 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 (30819 Views)

Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦‎70,000 From ₦‎40,000 In Edo / Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To N40000, Reduces Workdays To Thrice A Week / Governor Obaseki Increases Minimum Wage To ₦40,000 In Edo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by buhariguy(m): 1:24pm On Nov 27, 2018
danjudchi:

Is lie south Africa currency is far better than our own
what is their inflation rate,
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by BluntBoy(m): 1:24pm On Nov 27, 2018
buhariguy:
40m of SA times 5=200m of Nigeria.

Then, you should have said that our population is 5 times of SA's population.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Princedapace(m): 1:25pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ihaveleftnaija:

People who earn minimun wage in South Africa usually live in townships or get free or subsidised housing from the government. You are probably talking about inner cities or suburbs which are occupied by professionals or those who earn better than the minimun wage. Free quality healthcare is also available from all corners of South Africa, plus these people don't have to pay school fees for their children up until university level, do you see the difference? undecided

Dont mind him.. Minimum wage means the least paid. My friend in SA, she is an SA citizen. She has just O level and she earns currently 18k rands.

Citizens can afford such expensive living. Standard countries have expensive living standard becus the money is there.

Now, it is easier for me to make 100 dollars in the USA than for me to make 33k in Nigeria. That is how we rate economy. Thank u for reminding him this.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by wiseone28: 1:26pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ihaveleftnaija:

What a silly and disgusting excuse for failure . Is Cyril Ramaphosa a white man? . If their leaders were as wicked ad ours , after white rule they would have given themselves salaries as high as our own, they would have never bettered the lives of the blacks etc but they did the opposite and we are still cùrsing our black skins for not voting in capable people ? undecided. It is people like you that keep our expectations so low, and no wonder our leaders ride on our heads .
Are you in that country to know the political atmosphere like?

How many years is the new president in office?

Since their president is too good why was Zuma impeached?

Am not supporting any Nigerian politicians

The problem is that if you are there..i can swear with my grandfather's grave you will still give the same excuse they are giving us today
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Nobody: 1:26pm On Nov 27, 2018
And some governors in nigeria are crying that they cant even afford the 30k minimum wage that is not even up to a hundred dollars. Naija o wich way. Look at SA outpacing nigeria and some ppl will still come here and open mouth and say nigeria is better than south africa. South africa obviously cares for its workers. Cc CaptainMitch.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Princedapace(m): 1:27pm On Nov 27, 2018
GavelSlam:

And that is where size of economy, GDP etc comes into play.

USA GDP: 19.39 trillion USD (2017)

Nigeria GDP: 375.8 billion USD (2017)

Did anyone force us not to grow? Did anyone force us to born kids anyhow? Shebi one region dey use population dey win election..

Una never hear am for naija. Naija will explode one day and the poor masses will pay with their lives while the elites fly out of the country. Make una dey defend the useless leaders.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Princedapace(m): 1:29pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ihaveleftnaija:

The only things they pay for is food and transportation . Their township houses are free, healthcare is free , they don't even pay school fees for their children so what cost of living are you talking about?

He fails to understand that minimum means least. My friend who is a south african earns 18k rands per month as an O level holder. Their graduates earn so high. They can afford a decent average life style without disturbing their bank accts that much.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Princedapace(m): 1:32pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ihaveleftnaija:

Can you compare their hospitals and clinics to what we have?. undecided. Be sincere with yourself , it's not world class but definitely better by Africa standard.

bros, they have some world class hospitals in SA. Every country has its own slums. SA is included. The most important aspect of any economy is what an average citizen can afford.

In SA, an average citizen can afford a decent life style.

If u have money for world class hospitals, u can get them in SA too.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Princedapace(m): 1:35pm On Nov 27, 2018
Fitbillionaire:
idiots before you compare, check the cost of houses there, check the amount you pay for light bill, parking space, water bill etc. check how much a plate of food cost there, check how much oloshos there cost too before you fucking make comparism.

U are the main idiots.

They can afford all that u mentioned becus they are well paid. Minimum means the amount the poorest and least paid worker should earn.

That doesnt mean u must earn that. My friend in SA, she is an O level holder and she earns 18k rands per month. She lives an average live in SA. She goes on vacation.

How much can an O level holder earn in Nigeria.

In USA, cost of living is high too but the money is there to spend. Any good country has high cost of living becus the money is there.

It is easier for me to make 100 dollars in SA than for me to make the same 100 dollars in Nigeria.

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by WendySalisu: 1:35pm On Nov 27, 2018
This is very sad to know, but for salary earners living in Lagos, there is a way for them to access more money to sort out the bills, especially the ones that they do not plan for.

With a quick cash loan from Page Financials, salary earners in Lagos can now access a quick loan of up N5million in 3 hours or less from Page Financials. The good thing about this loan is that you do not need a collateral or a guarantor to get a loan.

Just visit www.pagefinancials.com to get started.
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Adiwana: 1:40pm On Nov 27, 2018
yinchar:
Nigerians will never understand the dynamics of things...

Firstly to start with South Africa has an efficient Tax Revenue System, the minimum Tax is 25% flat, coupled with 15% VAT.

Everybody has a Tax number and the Tax on your salary or payment is automatically removed from the source, meaning you can't escape it.

Imagine earning N100,000 per mount and the government Tax Revenue service automatically removes N25,000.

Can that be possible in Nigeria without rioting?....And everything you buying is subjected to 15% VAT. Last time I checked VAT in Nigeria is still a miserable 5%, tax on salaries is 1-2%, one of the lowest in the world. And, yet we still want to government to be able to pay salaries with good infrastructures. Also, fuel is N145/Litre in Nigeria and almost N450/Litre in South Africa.

Let's stop comparing apples with mangos.

Food for thought.

Tax in Nigeria is not 2%.My mum works with one of the federal govt hospitals and pays over 10% tax.So wtf with the sitting down and conjuring Stats that you feel is what your mind tells you.I have access to her payslip so don't think am simply blabbing.Its facts
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by pooozeee(m): 1:41pm On Nov 27, 2018
South Africa economy is better than that of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by ogtavia(m): 1:42pm On Nov 27, 2018
Do you know in 2014, our GDP was nearly $600bn but has fallen to about $375bn now. Nearly half. Yes, we can make excuses like recession, our population is almost 4 times the population of south Africa. But let us face facts, india has a population of 1.3bn people with a PCI of $7000 which is understandable while Nigeria with a population of nearly 200million has a PCI of $5000. It goes to say that, human resources can be an asset to a nation's wealth index. Bill Gates advised Nigeria's leaders to invest in human capital development but people who know nothing about business or the modern world came out to defend mediocrity.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by CaptainMitch: 1:43pm On Nov 27, 2018
Na shithole country be this wey na unintelligent zombie dey rule us, My advise to all my friends is leave this shithole while you can. Politicians own na just mindless looting and relocating their families abroad.

lefulefu:
And some governors in nigeria are crying that they cant even afford the 30k minimum wage that is not even up to a hundred dollars. Naija o wich way. Look at SA outpacing nigeria and some ppl will still come here and open mouth and say nigeria is better than south africa. South africa obviously cares for its workers. Cc CaptainMitch.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Princedapace(m): 1:45pm On Nov 27, 2018
mofedamijo:

Don’t waste your clock bro, an average Nigerian youth is duller than Buhari

I dont get it. Have u also checked the cost of living in USA?

Britain, Canada?

See, any good economy has high cost of living. Do u know why? It is becus they can afford it.

There is money to be made. My SA citizen who is an O level holder earns 18k rands per month. She can afford a decent life style. That is what we talk about.

Their entry level jobs paying over 100k rands per month. There is no decent economy without high cost of living. Do u wana know how much people pay to go to stadium to watch EPL matches?

But can they afford it? Yes. That is what matters not the cost.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by efighter: 1:46pm On Nov 27, 2018
NaijaRoyelty:
And some suffer and smiling Nigerians still want the useless man back in 2019.

Why didn't your lord and saviour Goatluck Jonathieve increase the minimum wage to 200,000 naira when the idiot was there? Can you see that you are more dull than your ancestors?
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by deolu2000(m): 1:47pm On Nov 27, 2018
I thought SA economy was said to be in recession since Rampaphosa came to power? my second thought is that, where is SA, are they not affected by oil prices and Int'l instability?
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by einsteine(m): 1:52pm On Nov 27, 2018
It is stupid to expect minimum wage in Nigeria to be as high as in South Africa. The per capita income in south africa is over 3x as much as that of Nigeria. So for starters, Nigeria's minimum wage should be at most 1/3rd of that of south africa. That is, if there should be a minimum wage at all. China's minimum wage for Beijing, the most economically advanced province, is 2300 Yuan (120, 000 naira) and that is the second biggest economy in the world. Given the huge population in Nigeria, minimum wage should be not more than 10,000 naira.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Vivapros(m): 1:54pm On Nov 27, 2018
Yet,we are not better than SA...GOD PLZ WHERE ARE YOU?
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Ihaveleftnaija: 1:54pm On Nov 27, 2018
BluntBoy:

You people always think worse of your own government. What makes you think the SA government is doing more than our government?

There is also one thing many of you don't understand, and that is selflessness as per patriotism.

South Africans have comparatively much smaller numbers of billionaires but each of these billionaires assist communities heavily. So South Africa is not just a product of the government but of the citizens as well.

In Nigeria, reverse is the case. Selfishness is the reason why there is high rate of looting. And tribalism is so rife that it even affects political party affiliations. How can a country move forward when opposition take sides with looters because they don't like the ruling party? Looters are supposed to be our common enemy but some people hate the president so much that they will take sides with looters and frustrate efforts to penalise the looters.

The South African citizenry is not built this way, at least not so evidently and brashly.

So, instead of blaming government, why can't you review your own contributions to the mess?

A country needs more than her leaders to grow. When you wish your country bad simply because you want the president to be discredited, how would the country move forward. Many Nigerians have become so blinded by sentiment that they would rather curse their country than contribute their quota.

Bro I understand this, we are also responsible for the rot .I was not blaming the leaders only , but let's be fair they are setting a bad example for the followers. The same South Africa you are talking about, a leader who is receiving bad press because of poor performance or scandals doesn't wait to be fired, they readily resign , do Nigerian leaders do that? undecided. I know we have myopic people who would defend this people because of tribe , those are the idiots I wish death upon. I don't care for buhari, Jonathan or Atiku, they are all useless to this country.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Nov 27, 2018
By population

obonujoker:
How exactly is Nigeria the giant of Africa??.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Fitbillionaire: 1:55pm On Nov 27, 2018
Princedapace:

U are the main idiots.

They can afford all that u mentioned becus they are well paid. Minimum means the amount the poorest and least paid worker should earn.

That doesnt mean u must earn that. My friend in SA, she is an O level holder and she earns 18k rands per month. She lives an average live in SA. She goes on vacation.

How much can an O level holder earn in Nigeria.

In USA, cost of living is high too but the money is there to spend. Any good country has high cost of living becus the money is there.

It is easier for me to make 100 dollars in SA than for me to make the same 100 dollars in Nigeria.
u make no sense. i have businesses in s.a. that girl is a hoe. if you know u know. argue with OP
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Ihaveleftnaija: 1:59pm On Nov 27, 2018
wiseone28:
Are you in that country to know the political atmosphere like?

How many years is the new president in office?

Since their president is too good why was Zuma impeached?

Am not supporting any Nigerian politicians

The problem is that if you are there..i can swear with my grandfather's grave you will still give the same excuse they are giving us today

What exactly is your point ?. The political is intense because of the land redistribution taking place, nothing shocking here .

Ramaphosa is a new president, it's been a few months and the fact that he has improved this aspect of the lived of his people in a short time should be telling of the calibre of leader he is , so what is your point?

What does Zuma have to do with this improvement?
I don't understand your last point.
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Tijay90(m): 2:00pm On Nov 27, 2018
Oh...so,south Africans weren't satisfied with 97k+? Wow!!! I'm sorry fellow Nigerians...we've been dumb for long.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by yinchar(m): 2:00pm On Nov 27, 2018
Adiwana:

Tax in Nigeria is not 2%.My mum works with one of the federal govt hospitals and pays over 10% tax.So wtf with the sitting down and conjuring Stats that you feel is what your mind tells you.I have access to her payslip so don't think am simply blabbing.Its facts

Out of all the facts and information that I stated to explain to your inner senses that you can't compare apples with mangoes.

The only this you could say despite oozing hot air from your anus is that your mom tax is above 2%?

So does that now justify comparing the apples with mangoes?

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Princedapace(m): 2:01pm On Nov 27, 2018
Fitbillionaire:

u make no sense. i have businesses in s.a. that girl is a hoe. if you know u know. argue with OP

So, all American citizens are hoes abi?

bros, I travel to SA wella.

Any decent economy has high cost of living

Citizens can easily afford it.

I can easily make 100 dollars in SA than making 33k naira in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by abescom: 2:02pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ihaveleftnaija:

The only things they pay for is food and transportation . Their township houses are free, healthcare is free , they don't even pay school fees for their children so what cost of living are you talking about?
Free? That's an ill educated statement to make but I rest my case.
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 2:02pm On Nov 27, 2018
SIRTee15:

I admit white build south Africa...
The fact that the black led govt has been able to sustain the prosperity and even spread it across board should also be lauded...
Yeah the blacks starting from that legendary leader Mandela should be lauded.

There is the way president Cyril will lead his country that send it back to stone age and make those white men fled the country.

This is exactly what the people who have been leading naija have been doing. retrogressive leadership.
Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Ihaveleftnaija: 2:04pm On Nov 27, 2018
abescom:
Free? That's an ill educated statement to make but I rest my case.

We all know they pay high taxes, that's where all the benefits and infrastructure come from. So yes , they are free because they don't pay any upfront fee every time they have to use hospitals and the other facilities.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Toseenlove: 2:05pm On Nov 27, 2018
yinchar:
Nigerians will never understand the dynamics of things...

Firstly to start with South Africa has an efficient Tax Revenue System, the minimum Tax is 25% flat, coupled with 15% VAT.

Everybody has a Tax number and the Tax on your salary or payment is automatically removed from the source, meaning you can't escape it.

Imagine earning N100,000 per mount and the government Tax Revenue service automatically removes N25,000.

Can that be possible in Nigeria without rioting?....And everything you buying is subjected to 15% VAT. Last time I checked VAT in Nigeria is still a miserable 5%, tax on salaries is 1-2%, one of the lowest in the world. And, yet we still want to government to be able to pay salaries with good infrastructures. Also, fuel is N145/Litre in Nigeria and almost N450/Litre in South Africa.

Let's stop comparing apples with mangos.

Food for thought.

Do they leverage on Crude Oil as Nigerian does hun

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by DoubleO07: 2:05pm On Nov 27, 2018
Ventura1:
Weep no more Nigerians, the solution is here and he's Omoyele sowore of AAC, we can't afford to postpone our redemption by another 4 years, it may be too late..

Really wish I had more than 1 vote to make this man president in the best intrest of this country.

When this man said Nigeria can pay 100,000 naira without any issues if the gov is determined to pay, even young nigerias that should have the ability to think out of the box also said no and were part of the people shouting 2023 /next level/ Atikulated up and down.

I think people really are used to poverty/ backward way of thinking in nigeria so much that thinking the right way is far from alot of the citizens, because if not so why on earth will a set of people taking 13mill a month say they cant pay workers 30k and still some people are calm and want such people to rule forever.

It's really so painfull to see how divided nigerians are to the point of not thinking right.

Dont mean to be insulting but frankly any nigerian citizen of today that still wants any thing to do with PDP or APC really needs to be checked into a clinic.

We have a huge problem in our hands as a country and I just Pray things dont exploed in our hands at this rate.

Sowore speaks the truth all the time and other developed countries have proved him right on many occassion.
From minimum wage, to the cannabis issue to education/transport and others.

I urge any one who is yet to listen to him to go and watch all of his town hall meetings and others places where he has spoken about the country. Please leave religion or ethnic background aside and age, Just listen to him and do your own assesment based on what he says with respect to the so called developed nations we want nigeria to be like and you decide.

In one of sowores recent statements, he said never in this history of this nation have we had our military reaching out to the civilians to come to their aid after the attack from Boko Haram.

If this is still not a wake up call to some people that Nigeria is heading down a dangerous path, I dont know what will make people wake up and think.

Nigeria is ranked the poverty capital of the world, 13millions kids are out of school and the once in school are on stike, and the once out of school are jobless and the once with jobs are begging for 30k minimum wage and the list goes on. And people still think all is well and we can gamble another 4 year.

So the Gov. of Kano I read gave 10mill to EFCC to help in fighting corruption or so, ARE WE NOT A JOKE AND THE LAUGHING STOCK OF THE WORLD in a normal country that man should be in Jail and till today Mr Integrity (Uncle B) has not spoken 1 word about him all in the name of the 5million security vote from Kano.

I can only pray that more nigerians wake up and do the right thing.

We really dont have any thing to loose that we have not lost already as a country if we give AAC/ Sorowe 4 years and lets see if how he will lead.

From the way I have seen him do things I personally have no doubt he will be a better leader and one all Nigerians will be proud to have as a President.

Just my 1 kobo speech sad sad sad sad sad

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Struggles With N30,000, South Africa Increases Minimum Wage To N126,400 by Adiwana: 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2018
yinchar:

Out of all the facts and information that I stated to explain to your inner senses that you can't compare apples with mangoes.

The only this you could say despite oozing hot air from your anus is that your mom tax is above 2%?

So does that now justify comparing the apples with mangoes?

Shut the fvck up you dimwit.You gave out a false information that I quickly called your bullshit on.And where did I make any mention about every other thing you said??I know when to talk and when not to.I don't know anything about SA's economy and am not wallowing in my ignorance to go lift off 'facts' on the internet to sound educated or something.Who knows whether anything you even said up there is true but if you are not on govt payroll or know anybody that is on one,please don't go exposing your ignorant ass all over the internet claiming workers pay only 2% of tax.Pinche pendejo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Before Parents Start Eating Their Kids - VANGUARD / Former Emir Of Kano Sanusi Vs Muhammad Sani Abdullahi (Video) / Doyin Okupe Dumps PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.