Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,244 members, 7,811,684 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City (21920 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's Epistle Of Garbage By Femi Fani-kayode / Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price / You Cannot Treat People Like Garbage And Worship God - Zahra Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by fujirice: 7:00am On Nov 28, 2018
KingKingKing:

See what a black man here wrote!

and we wonder why Africa is a shit hole!

.a write up to call the state govt to attention is being seen as "politics" to this one!

What a pity, go buy sense biko
My brother, that is the bubble we find ourselves in. Everything in this our country is viewed with the eyes of politics.
And we wonder why we are where we are.
The first time I went to PH, I couldn't help myself but spit.
The city did not live up to its hype.
This is really a wake up call to everyone, not just the government.

11 Likes

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by MXrap: 7:01am On Nov 28, 2018
Ada George road Port Harcourt

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by MXrap: 7:03am On Nov 28, 2018
Waterline

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by MXrap: 7:05am On Nov 28, 2018
Riding across Agip flyover. Propaganda cannot change what is on ground

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by kotv: 7:05am On Nov 28, 2018
Lifestone:

Bro Checkout Lagos, the jewel of APC. Waste management is a national disgrace to Nigeria
Do not mind them. As if Lagos, Ekiti, Oyo, Ogun or Osun is doing better environmentallyental. I don't know why they always writing propaganda about Rivers as if it's by force to join APC. Rubbish people. Lagos is as filthy as it can get but, the focus is on River State which is environmentally cleaner. Useless OP and useless post
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by eazyman(m): 7:05am On Nov 28, 2018
Please let's not bring politics into everything... I'm a huge fan of Governor Wike and that's because of the several road projects in Rivers state which has made driving much easier than it used to be before he assumed office, but the truth is that the garden city is fast becoming very dirty and there is need to re-strategise to find a lasting solution to it!
Instead of living in denial, it's good to acknowledge that there is a problem and then tackle it!
Port Harcourt residents should also help by adhering to times by which refuse can be deposited and Government agencies in charge of cleaning up this refuse should up their game and clean the place ASAP, government should also provide refuse tanks at strategic points so that people don't throw refuse on the ground...
Refuse has completely covered one lane of the East west road between Eliozu and Rumuodara junction, Eleme junction is covered with refuse, Oyigbo, etc... So let's try to tell the truth and stop peanut politics!!

10 Likes

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by kotv: 7:09am On Nov 28, 2018
MXrap:
This same PH i visited last month. Liars continue

Thank you!!

1 Like

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by hisexcellency34: 7:12am On Nov 28, 2018
That Wike man is a complete failure

6 Likes

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:12am On Nov 28, 2018
MXrap:
Waterline
Why didn't u take pictures of waterlines junction, especially the bus stop area? 98% of the pictures you are taking are within an area in G.R.A which has always been clean. PH has been really dirty for some months. Imagine ppl throwing dirt in the middle of aba road. Go and take pictures of rumuola, rumuokwuta, artillery junctions, rumuomasi/elekahia road, okporo road, rumuokoro junction and stop showing us an area in GRA phase 2

11 Likes

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by otokx(m): 7:14am On Nov 28, 2018
eazyman:
Please let's not bring politics into everything... I'm a huge fan of Governor Woke and that's because if the several road projects in Rivers state which has made driving much easier than it used to be before he assumed office, but the truth is that the garden city is fast becoming very dirty and there is need to re-strategise to find a lasting solution to it!
Instead of living in denial, it's good to acknowledge that there is a problem and then tackle it!
Port Harcourt residents should also help by adhering to times by which refuse can be deposited and Government agencies in charge of cleaning up this refuse should up their game and clean the place ASAP, government should also provide refuse tanks at strategic points so that people don't throw refuse on the ground...
Refuse has completely covered one lane of the East west road between Eliozu and Rumuodara junction, Eleme junction is covered with refuse, Oyigbo, etc... So let's try to tell the truth and stop peanut politics!!

Allow them to keep posting pictures which misrepresent the issues.

6 Likes

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by MXrap: 7:15am On Nov 28, 2018
I don't have time for trolls. Please go and take your own pictures and prove your point. No city in this world is 100% clean, so why do you expect PH to be 100% clean.

VIPERVENOM:
Why didn't u take pictures of waterlines junction, especially the bus stop area? 98% of the pictures you are taking are within an area in G.R.A which has always been clean. Go and take pictures of rumuola, rumuokwuta, artillery junctions, rumuomasi/elekahia road, okporo road, rumuokoro junction and stop showing us GRA phase 2

2 Likes

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by Adakintroy: 7:15am On Nov 28, 2018
Things grow up. We grow down.
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by OyinO: 7:17am On Nov 28, 2018
From Garden City to Garbage City... How sad!!! Shaaaame!!!!

6 Likes

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by pope777(m): 7:21am On Nov 28, 2018
So lousy and loud, wicked Wike can't do anything about this?

6 Likes

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by frankmoney(m): 7:22am On Nov 28, 2018
gare:

OP this your post is very misleading, there's a difference between Port Harcourt and Oyigbo, the garden city status was just for the city of Port Harcourt, as the name implies 'Garden city' not garden state.

Oyigbo is almost and hour drive from Port Harcourt, mind you I am against the both places not kept clean, but you should carry out proper investigation and inform your readers with the right information
doesn't matter , oyigbo is still in Rivers State and thus should be kept clean

8 Likes

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by gare(f): 7:23am On Nov 28, 2018
frankmoney:
doesn't matter , oyigbo is still in Rivers State and thus should be kept clean

Did you read my post before commenting ? Please read again
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by frankmoney(m): 7:23am On Nov 28, 2018
MXrap:
Forget the media propaganda of APC against Rivers state. Port Harcourt is a very clean city. Lagos is not half as clean
oga keep quiet , go and take pics of other places , this pictures are places that have always been cleans since

6 Likes

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by gare(f): 7:29am On Nov 28, 2018
WisdomFlakes:
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-port-harcourt-went-from-garden-to-garbage-city.html

OP you can just bring just Oyigbo and make a write up like that, just because you are looking for who to call a bad name, it is a major problem in this country, we have not being able to perfect the act of waste disposal, every state in this country has similar issues.
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by VIPERVENOM(m): 7:29am On Nov 28, 2018
MXrap:
I don't have time for trolls. Please go and take your own pictures and prove your point. No city in this world is 100% clean, so why do you expect PH to be 100% clean.

I'm not d one driving and taking pics upandan. U get fuel for car na. U can drive to waterlines junction and take pics of the bus stop to prove me wrong oga photographer grin

10 Likes

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by maasoap(m): 7:32am On Nov 28, 2018
myners007:
Media! They will not relent in their biased report on certain issues. They can convince the gullible and make them believe that Bubu is a saint who has not stolen a penny in his entire lifetime. Port Harcourt as a city is not as degraded as portrayed in this write up. I think maybe someone is try to discredit the tremendous sustainable projects Wike as embarked on since becoming the governor.

Shame on you for writing this. This is not the way forward in this country.

8 Likes

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by donc26(m): 7:33am On Nov 28, 2018
helinues:
This must be a sponsored article. Wike is one of the best governor in Nigeria in terms of project.
Almost every state in Nigeria looks like this. Not until Nigeria bans plastic product, we should expect all our cities to be littered with dirt.
shut up. Do you stay in PH. come down and see how our once loved city has turned to a garbage city all thanks to woke the wicked and evil governor

6 Likes

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by helinues: 7:40am On Nov 28, 2018
donc26:
shut up. Do you stay in PH. come down and see how our once loved city has turned to a garbage city all thanks to woke the wicked and evil governor

Must you abuse before you express your views?
Reread what you wrote.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by Focusmind: 7:45am On Nov 28, 2018
AnthonyAk:
Lol if you notice all those areas are filled with indigines, they killed their own state

Cosmopolitan, multi-ethnic and multi-cultural centers prospers more than cities inhabited mainly by natives. Check some of the cities in UK, US and other western Europe. Compare it with that of Eastern Europe inhabited by natives mainly.

Come to Nigeria, Cities like Lagos and Abuja are inhabited by mostly by people from other states. Check also multinational companies, you see Chinese, Indians, Europeans, Americans and Africa, all working together. Each respecting one another

Compare it with companies dominated by one section or natives, in fighting, same with states dominated by natives, clan clashes are very common.

I love multicultural settings and institutions. Check all the United Nations establishment, do you know what it takes to be employed as a professional staff there? The organizations works so efficiently with everybody being respected irrespective of your ethnic origin. You wont see any verbal abuse. You don't know what you will do the next person will find offensive. So, there is always a mutual respect.

I love staying in company of people from diverse background than staying with people from my own clan or ethnicity or religion.

1 Like

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by Owaincouncil: 7:55am On Nov 28, 2018
myners007:
Media! They will not relent in their biased report on certain issues. They can convince the gullible and make them believe that Bubu is a saint who has not stolen a penny in his entire lifetime. Port Harcourt as a city is not as degraded as portrayed in this write up. I think maybe someone is try to discredit the tremendous sustainable projects Wike as embarked on since becoming the governor.

Go and sit down my brother. If it is Ambode, would you talk like this. But because it is wike, the report is now bias.
Honestly, the problem we are having in Nigeria is not from Buhari, Atiku, wike, Tinubu or any of this so call leader. The masses are the major problem. When we fail to say the truth because if hatred for a particular party or ethnic group.
May God deliver us.

5 Likes

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by HolySteph(f): 7:58am On Nov 28, 2018
SirHouloo:
I don't think this is applicable to PH alone but the whole country with the advent of Pet and satchet packages. Upgrading our recycling system will go a long way in providing a lasting solution to this.
Don't mind them.
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by Nobody: 8:05am On Nov 28, 2018
myners007:

In as much as I hate seeing post like the one the op just made, I agree with the write up 100%.
This is not the Port Harcourt I grew up in. The garbage everywhere in ph today is appalling.
Each time I visit uyo and come back to ph I weep at the level of degradation our dear garden city has become.
Port Harcourt of today stinks with rubbish everywhere.

Sad but this is the truth. Port Harcourt was truly the garden city about 18 years ago. Presently it's a gabbage city!

5 Likes

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by Nobody: 8:08am On Nov 28, 2018
AnthonyAk:
Lol if you notice all those areas are filled with indigines, they killed their own state

This one has never been to Ph. Tell me what city in Nigeria besides Lagos and Abj has multiple ethnicities than PH?
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by infohenry(m): 8:08am On Nov 28, 2018
gare:

OP this your post is very misleading, there's a difference between Port Harcourt and Oyigbo, the garden city status was just for the city of Port Harcourt, as the name implies 'Garden city' not garden state.

Oyigbo is almost and hour drive from Port Harcourt, mind you I am against the both places not kept clean, but you should carry out proper investigation and inform your readers with the right information
So Creek Road is also not port Harcourt.

3 Likes

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by Sleekfingers: 8:08am On Nov 28, 2018
Not just port Harcourt.....lagos is extremely dirty....and the state government is doing absolutely nothing....i am just waiting for may 29....so Sanwo olu can clear the mess...
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by gare(f): 8:10am On Nov 28, 2018
infohenry:
So Creek Road is also not port Harcourt.

Creek Road is Port Harcourt, I was referring to the Picture, if the OP had uploaded a Picture of Creek road fine with me, But Obigbo (Oyigbio is not part of the Garden City, if you are based in PH you should know that
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by Nobody: 8:11am On Nov 28, 2018
donc26:

If ph became a garbage city from Wike's tenure then you are just blind. Ph became dirty since the second tenure of odili and has progressively worsen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by TommyAnthem(m): 8:11am On Nov 28, 2018
You must be a very big fool, are you not a resident of port-harcourt to note the gabbage/stench that is all over the town. Must you defend something that is very obvious! I hate asslickers.
myners007:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ISWAP Attacks Boko Haram Terrorists Fleeing Military Bombardments In Borno / May 29 Inauguration: Tinubu To Unveil Cabinet Members Within 60 Days – Faleke / Rivers APC In Crisis As Factions Bicker Over 'Amaechi Directive’ To Back Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.