Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,165 members, 7,811,374 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City (21918 Views)

Chimamanda Adichie's Epistle Of Garbage By Femi Fani-kayode / Garbage Pile Up On Abeokuta Roads, Waste Company Blames Diesel Price / You Cannot Treat People Like Garbage And Worship God - Zahra Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 28, 2018
This is why I dislike Nigeria media. Too biased. No balanced reporting anymore. This article is grossly flawed. This is not the true picture of PH. Wike is performing excellent. Please let's stop calling good bad for political interest.
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2018
AnthonyAk:

Lol I was born an raised in ph of course its multi ethnic but go an tip sand and say you want to start something and see how the locals will come out

Then you made your comment out of hate, else you wouldn't have made such comment to deceive the gullible ones.
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by cool318(m): 8:10pm On Nov 28, 2018
TommyAnthem:
101% Correct, I doff my hat for you, how I wish others can see from your own perspective.
My Brother, what an elder see while sitting down, even if a child climbs an Iroko tree, the child will still be dwarfed to visualize it beyond his horizon.
Everything has been politicized in Port Harcourt, its just a big Pity.
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by Okwyjesus(m): 8:25pm On Nov 28, 2018
WisdomFlakes:
https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/how-port-harcourt-went-from-garden-to-garbage-city.html

On this one. Wike failed.l have been complaining about it before now. PH is dirtier now than before. But then Wike all the way.....

1 Like

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by AnthonyAk(m): 9:27pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ekinematics:

Then you made your comment out of hate, else you wouldn't have made such comment to deceive the gullible ones.

No PH is trash , i made the comment as some one who has lived there from birth. I still stand by it , technically everything Wike is doing should have been done 16 years ago by Odili. So in a sense , the city is behind by over a decade.

Minus Genesis how many businesses have thrived in PH? Most are a shell of their former selves , today a joint cant even open and be maintained for 2 years. Even Silverbird Cinema , just go look at the carcass of a building , how long did that last?

Spar mall that just opened is already going to rot , The skytrain that Ameachi went to hang infront of govt house as decoration isnt even worth discussing.

i just call it how i see it. I was in PH on June btw the only good thing is that there is light in my house now 24/7 and that wasent govt.

Transformer that was promised for over 20 years finally came and was a donation from my mums friend , we had to use their own money to connect it meanwhile the indigines that live up stream close to the original transformer now dont have light.

Common road that was promised we still dont have it to my house. See as some one has to be jumping like mario to get home
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by Abagworo(m): 10:28pm On Nov 28, 2018
myners007:
Media! They will not relent in their biased report on certain issues. They can convince the gullible and make them believe that Bubu is a saint who has not stolen a penny in his entire lifetime. Port Harcourt as a city is not as degraded as portrayed in this write up. I think maybe someone is try to discredit the tremendous sustainable projects Wike as embarked on since becoming the governor.

You're right but truth be said for the past 2 months there has been refuse disposal crisis. Words on the street is that the evacuators are owed hundreds of millions and have not been able to meet up.
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by Abagworo(m): 10:35pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ekinematics:

As of 1995 it was more serene than 98% of Nigerian cities, but presently even in the SS PH doesn't rank in the top 5 cleanest cities, not to talk of Nigeria as a whole.

No city has experienced the level of invasion from migrants like Port-Harcourt in the entire Nigeria apart from Lagos and Abuja. Port-Harcourt wasn't prepared for such population growth and unlike Lagos and Abuja lacks federal presence.
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by Nobody: 10:38pm On Nov 28, 2018
Abagworo:

No city has experienced the level of invasion from migrants like Port-Harcourt in the entire Nigeria apart from Lagos and Abuja. Port-Harcourt wasn't prepared for such population growth and unlike Lagos and Abuja lacks federal presence.

Fact!
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by escapefromusa(f): 10:57pm On Nov 28, 2018
myners007:
Media! They will not relent in their biased report on certain issues. They can convince the gullible and make them believe that Bubu is a saint who has not stolen a penny in his entire lifetime. Port Harcourt as a city is not as degraded as portrayed in this write up. I think maybe someone is try to discredit the tremendous sustainable projects Wike as embarked on since becoming the governor.

www.nairaland.com/attachments/8222816_screenshot20181123105739_pngcb8c849a98dbcc2a166a3cc4ca38c0dd
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by escapefromusa(f): 11:04pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ekinematics:

Ph then was 95% Rivers indigenes, not now that it's filled with Nigerians from every part of the country especially SE peeps looking for a better life.

Not indigenes ?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8186659_screenshotfrom20171213160143_png2258f2e94406888ab9a821e7bd6a3341
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by Nobody: 11:10pm On Nov 28, 2018
escapefromusa:

Not indigenes ?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8186659_screenshotfrom20171213160143_png2258f2e94406888ab9a821e7bd6a3341

If you live, lived or been to ph before then you'll understand.
Currently it's as if they told all the SE people to move to ph for greener pasture. Especially those from Imo and Abia.
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by escapefromusa(f): 11:19pm On Nov 28, 2018
Ekinematics:

If you live, lived or been to ph before then you'll understand.
Currently it's as if they told all the SE people to move to ph for greener pasture. Especially those from Imo and Abia.

But Rotimi Ameachi is Ibo!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8186624_maxresdefault_jpega7a20d23424d1f4e3dd0c48c741188d6
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by Nobody: 11:25pm On Nov 28, 2018
escapefromusa:

But Rotimi Ameachi is Ibo!
www.nairaland.com/attachments/8186624_maxresdefault_jpega7a20d23424d1f4e3dd0c48c741188d6

Is Amaechi from the SE?
How many Rivers people or SS people you see move to the SE for greener pasture?
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by yjgm(m): 5:03pm On Nov 30, 2018
helinues:

Which state pls?
Niger state
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by yjgm(m): 7:12am On Dec 02, 2018
helinues:

Which state pls?
Niger State
Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by nengibo: 7:27am On Dec 02, 2018
AnthonyAk:

Ph is garbage, I might as well be an indigine as I was born an raised there.

Garbage is the least of our worries, the locals never want anything good, always want something for nothing in the name of community.

I just call it how I see it, it's been in steady decline for 20 years Atleast goto lagos and you see change.

PH is Warri 2.0 all one needs to do is scratch the surface just a little bit
You can never be an indegene even if your grand parents were born here, because with your statements you don't take it as yours, you can go to Lagos nobody hold you, where there are no indegenes or omoale or even garbage.

1 Like

Re: How Port Harcourt Went From Garden To Garbage City by nengibo: 7:30am On Dec 02, 2018
Ekinematics:

The waste management in our dear ph has been nonexistent in the last 18 years.
Everything is politics in Rivers state. What does Felix Obuah know about waste management that Wike had to give him the contract?
He gives it out to subcontractors, I still don't understand why there are no longer receptacles and refuse is collected from medians

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Atiku Campaign DG Accuses Obiano Of Betraying Igbo’s Interest / APGA, Ararume Flag Off Governorship Campaign In Imo State (Pictures) / Obi Leads Atiku Campaign To Obosi, Nkpor, Ihiala And Nnewi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.