Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered (17112 Views)

How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community / Police Refused To Come As Robbers Attacked, They Have Killed My Husband / Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Dantedasz(m): 6:21pm On Nov 28, 2018
Karatum:
Please guys, I need your suggestions and opinions on this.

I reside in onitsha and here goes my story.

I bought a keke and gave it to a young guy on hire purchase. Unfortunately, the keke was stolen the same Sunday that the guy I gave it to - drove it home. Its a brand new keke. I went to the police to make entry about the stolen keke.

After about a week, I got a call from some police guys at Enugu state police command, that I should come down to Enugu state - as my keke was found somewhere in Nsukka. The police guys demanded that I come with 50k to 'bail out' the keke. Luckily for me, the keke was found same way it was stolen and also, the thief was caught too.

I sourced for money and went down to Enugu to bail out the recovered keke. After parting with 30k, I was handed over the keke and was asked to go to obosi station to write and sign that the keke has been found. The police guys from Enugu drove the suspect down to obosi (anambra state). According to them, that's the jurisdiction where the keke was stolen.

On getting to Obosi station, the police there demanded for some money and I told them that I had nothing left on me after parting away with 30k for the Enugu police guys. Next thing they did was that they decided to seize the keke, saying it will be "charged to court with the suspect".

My question is; Arent the police suppose to hand over a recovered property to a victim of theft? What do I do? I am very confused now as to next action to take.

My dear,
These police guys are animals.
You are caught between the devil and the deep blue sea. If you leave your tricycle (Keke) in their custody till they charge the case to court,trust me they will expose that tricycle to the weather elements. (Sun,rain and dust). They could even cannibalise the parts such as side mirrors or engine. The case could be in court for up to one year.
While I hate my suggestion,the point is to dine with the devil,you use a long spoon.
Go and settle with them and take possession of your tricycle.
It is the way we are as Nigerian's.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Talk2ndsure(m): 6:21pm On Nov 28, 2018
Call this number....08057000001. Police complaint respond unit

1 Like

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Nobody: 6:22pm On Nov 28, 2018
Alepa:

No .theyre not supposed to hand over a recovered property to you because they need it as evidence in court .
It’s the court that should return your property to you .
But . This is Nigeria. You only need to “settle” the police men and they will return it to you .

They asked if I needed them to charge the case to court and I said NO, as I wasn't interested in pressing charges. So i wouldn't know the court they are talking about here..
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by arabralph(m): 6:23pm On Nov 28, 2018
oka4ugoo:
You can and will get ur keke but on bond to produce same during trial to be tendered as an exhibit. Contact me via my email, I stay in Onitsha also.
Very on point,I have experienced the bond thing at SARS Ikeja. All you need is sign and prepare to produce the Keke as evidence or like sum meaning the equivalent in amount of the keke.There are still good and honest guys in the Police Force.

2 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by BabyApple(m): 6:25pm On Nov 28, 2018
Call this number , you will get your 30k and your keke back if you have prove of ownership 08057000001 : it is direct to IG office in abuja

4 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by mechanics(m): 6:26pm On Nov 28, 2018
Write to the IGP through courier service.
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by mechanics(m): 6:27pm On Nov 28, 2018
BabyApple:
Call this number , you will get your 30k and your keke back if you have prove of ownership 08057000001 : it is direct to IG office in abuja
nice one, hope the number is genuine.
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by technicallyrich(m): 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2018
These simple thing.
Cant you fuk one of them,propably the dpo with condom and he will give you the keke and if he is generous plus fuel money.you will also use the one you fukd to intimidate people.
They there they form.after all you have done worst before.i know because i know no all of you are the same.
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by BabyApple(m): 6:30pm On Nov 28, 2018
mechanics:
nice one, hope the number is genuine.
walahi the number is genuine.. The problem now be say.. The lady does not have evidence to prove that 30k was collected from her.. But i am 101% sure that she will get her keke back today.

2 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by BabyApple(m): 6:31pm On Nov 28, 2018
technicallyrich:
These simple thing.
Cant you fuk one of them,propably the dpo with condom and he will give you the keke and if he is generous plus fuel money.you will also use the one you fukd to intimidate people.
They there they form.after all you have done worst before.i know because i know no all of you are the same.
i pity your unborn children.

1 Like

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by ib22003(m): 6:31pm On Nov 28, 2018
Send a twit to @PoliceNG_PCRRU on twitter, they will resolve the issue for you
Karatum:

I bought a keke and gave it to a young guy on hire purchase. Unfortunately, the keke was stolen the same Sunday that the guy I gave it to - drove it home. Its a brand new keke. I went to the police to make entry about the stolen keke.

After about a week, I got a call from some police guys at Enugu state police command, that I should come down to Enugu state - as my keke was found somewhere in Nsukka. The police guys demanded that I come with 50k to 'bail out' the keke. Luckily for me, the keke was found same way it was stolen and also, the thief was caught too.

I sourced for money and went down to Enugu to bail out the recovered keke. After parting with 30k, I was handed over the keke and was asked to go to obosi station to write and sign that the keke has been found. The police guys from Enugu drove the suspect down to obosi (anambra state). According to them, that's the jurisdiction where the keke was stolen.

On getting to Obosi station, the police there demanded for some money and I told them that I had nothing left on me after parting away with 30k for the Enugu police guys. Next thing they did was that they decided to seize the keke, saying it will be "charged to court with the suspect".

My question is; Arent the police suppose to hand over a recovered property to a victim of theft? What do I do? I am very confused now as to next action to take.
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Alepa(m): 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2018
Karatum:

They asked if I needed them to charge the case to court and I said NO, as I wasn't interested in pressing charges. So i wouldn't know the court they are talking about here..
You didn’t include that in your post.
Or Did you expect us to read your mind?
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by pwettyeddy(f): 6:33pm On Nov 28, 2018
If they decide to charge the theif to court, yoir keke will become exhibit before the court. The case might take years after which your would have post value. And if you apply to court during the pendency of the case, it will still cost money.
So give them funds and take your keke home. Sorry this is the Nigeria we ve found ourselves.
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by technicallyrich(m): 6:35pm On Nov 28, 2018
BabyApple:
i pity your unborn children.
i know because i know all of you are the same.
If not to beg me money dont qoute me again.
Billonaires like us are always busy
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 28, 2018
ib22003:
Send a twit to @PoliceNG_PCRRU on twitter, they will resolve the issue for you

Thanks sir. I will do that right away
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Nobody: 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2018
BabyApple:

God bless you sir. I will call the number in the morning. I don't think calling the number now is a good idea considering its past working hours. Thanks so much for the number
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by TruckFit(m): 6:39pm On Nov 28, 2018
thesicilian:

You'll be surprised how far a bottle of N1,500 non alcoholic wine can go.

Bad advice.. what's non alcoholic wine with NPF..?

4 bottle of Guinness with better barbecue...
You'll be surprised to see IPO making call asap..
Tested, and Verified by me..
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by mechanics(m): 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2018
BabyApple:
walahi the number is genuine.. The problem now be say.. The lady does not have evidence to prove that 30k was collected from her.. But i am 101% sure that she will get her keke back today.
wow, so her 30k is gone, nice one, well done BabyApple.
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 28, 2018
technicallyrich:

i know because i know all of you are the same.
If not to beg me money dont qoute me again.
Billonaires like us are always busy

All ladies are not the same; same with guys.
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by awa(m): 6:43pm On Nov 28, 2018
Karatum:

Thanks, but am a girl not guy. Immediately they noticed the owner of the keke was a lady, they started acting weird.

This might not necessarily be true because if you were guy it could have been worst. They might have accused you of Yahoo work

1 Like

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by thesicilian: 6:45pm On Nov 28, 2018
TruckFit:

Bad advice.. what's non alcoholic wine with NPF..?

4 bottle of Guinness with better barbecue...
You'll be surprised to see IPO making call asap..
Tested, and Verified by me..
Lol.
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by technicallyrich(m): 6:47pm On Nov 28, 2018
Karatum:

All ladies are not the same; same with guys.
prove it by fukn me and dashing me that keke. Because i know all women are stingy and takes money before you suk or fuk them. So be the difference.i will lash you wel and you wont regret it although all men are not the same,while other men give women,i take from women.
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by id911(m): 6:51pm On Nov 28, 2018
technicallyrich:

prove it by fukn me and dashing me that keke.
Because i know all women are stingy and takes money before you suk or fuk them.
So be the difference.i will lash you wel and you wont regret it
although all men are not the same,while other men give women,i take from women.

Warris dis?
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Johilo(m): 6:53pm On Nov 28, 2018
Bruhs.... Do de normal tin drop sometin for dem and dey go wash and dry am for u
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by BabyApple(m): 6:54pm On Nov 28, 2018
[quote author=Karatum post=73386364]

God bless you sir. I will call the number in the morning. I don't think calling the number now is a good idea considering its past working hours. Thanks so much for the number [/quote ] its 24 hours line.. Call them now.
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Nobody: 6:55pm On Nov 28, 2018
technicallyrich:

prove it by fukn me and dashing me that keke.
Because i know all women are stingy and takes money before you suk or fuk them.
So be the difference.i will lash you wel and you wont regret it
although all men are not the same,while other men give women,i take from women.

Why not look for a girl and marry instead of living this your kind of life. If you continue like this, you may end up contracting a deadly disease and die
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by OgogoroFreak(m): 6:58pm On Nov 28, 2018
Karatum:

Thanks, but am a girl not guy. Immediately they noticed the owner of the keke was a lady, they started acting weird.
write your story on Twitter, Instagram and copy popular blogs and puplic complaint rapid response unit of police (PCRRU)

2 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by 0monnak0da: 6:59pm On Nov 28, 2018
Karatum:

Do you have a receipt?
If you do you can claim a refund under consumer protection law
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by technicallyrich(m): 7:02pm On Nov 28, 2018
Karatum:

Why not look for a girl and marry instead of living this your kind of life. If you continue like this, you may end up contracting a deadly disease and die
no i wont.
Stop the pretends.i will suk and fuk you well.
I will do you well,i mean it dash me the keke na pepe.
And i will always be at your service to service you.
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by SOFTENGR: 7:05pm On Nov 28, 2018
Karatum:

Just go to their complaint website and report. You will be surprised that they will even call you to come and carry your wahala b4 they enter wahala.

1 Like

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by speedyconnect3: 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2018
0monnak0da:

Do you have a receipt?
If you do you can claim a refund under consumer protection law

Which consumer protection law is that?
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by jej3013(m): 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2018
Post the contact information of IGP Desk in Abuja. Thanks

id911:

You guys in Nigeria don't know how to make the Police work for you because even the educated ones allow the Law Enforcement Agents to treat them anyhow. Most Nigerians unfortunately are so ignorant about a lots of things and the way to go about it.

I have some issues with the Police recently when I reported a case, like your own, to them. The suspect was arrested through my help and my items recovered but the Police decided to play pranks by collecting my items and some 'other things' from the suspect then released the suspect without my knowledge and decided to informed me the suspect has escaped and there's nothing they can do about the matter again.

I left them and reported the case immediately to the IGP Desk in Abuja. I can tell you that within an hour of the report, I can't recall how many calls I received from the Police. The DPO of the station called and requested I see him immediately in his office. I went and he begged me to inform them in Abuja that the case has been settled after so much pleading with me. He gave my items to me immediately and sanctioned the subordinate right in front of me.

Mind you, I'm just an ordinary Nigerian like you and you may even have connections than me

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

IGP Orders Nationwide Arrest Of Persons Inciting Violence. Take note e-warriors / Slain Lagos Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem Was Expecting Twins - Husband / Army Accused Of Causing Disappearance Of Thousands In North-East (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.