Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:31 AM

Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered (17094 Views)

How Police Refused To Shoot As Fulani Militias Wiped Plateau Community / Police Refused To Come As Robbers Attacked, They Have Killed My Husband / Police Auctions Stolen Range Rover In Port Harcourt After It Was Recovered (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Liftkid(m): 7:08pm On Nov 28, 2018
dreamworld:

My brother don't let bet9ja deceive u.
The money was paid to Bet9ja account. They also have the right to reverse the payment to your bank account
they reversed the money
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by mercydaniel: 7:14pm On Nov 28, 2018
demmydy:
I tink u should call berekete family. Voice of the voiceless. Mr ordinary president can connect u with pple who will help u recover it in no time. TANK ME LATER
thank u later for what? ordinary armed don't do things like ds, dey do serious issues, when d police were going around God knows how much dey put in to get ur keke u did not post it, now u need to appreciate dem u are here, mchew if you find out what ds ppl put in to get answers to some cases u I'll pity dem, shey dey should use there salaries Abi?it not everything you call bribe.
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Nobody: 7:24pm On Nov 28, 2018
mercydaniel:
thank u later for what? ordinary armed don't do things like ds, dey do serious issues, when d police were going around God knows how much dey put in to get ur keke u did not post it, now u need to appreciate dem u are here, mchew if you find out what ds ppl put in to get answers to some cases u I'll pity dem, shey dey should use there salaries Abi?it not everything you call bribe.

Govt pays them to protect lives and properties. Those expenses are captured in the yearly budget - indirectly paid by you and I - in the form of taxes and levies

1 Like

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Chuksfela1(m): 7:50pm On Nov 28, 2018
Bros how much are dey demanding if it is like 20 or 30 k u better pay dem and collect ur Kele or x
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by dreamworld: 7:56pm On Nov 28, 2018
Liftkid:
they reversed the money
So why complaining if u have received ur money
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by backnbeta(f): 7:56pm On Nov 28, 2018
Wow!!! @ the responses here shocked

The average Nigerian is so used to the corrupt ways things are done here that we have accepted it as normal!

1 Like

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Liftkid(m): 8:01pm On Nov 28, 2018
dreamworld:

So why complaining if u have received ur money
you dont seem to have knowlegde of what am saying; i have not gotten value from the bank despite the money been reversed to access bank by quick teller
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by consultancy: 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2018
of all these suggestions, which has the OP tried. update the house
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 28, 2018
I would hate to admit, but you're "caught between a rock and hard place." You are in Nigeria-a lawless and very corrupt country. You have two choices: Either (1) Hire an attorney to help you with it or (2) Negotiate with the cops for a lower amount. In advanced democracies where the rule of law and citizens rights are very sacrosanct, a vehicle that was was recovered as an evidence of a criminal act is NEVER released to the victim [owner] until the case is disposed of in the court of law or if the court orders its release under an exigency circumstance. The vehicle is to be impounded and kept in a secured facility and when the case is done with, the vehicle is released to the owner at no cost to the victim. So, I am sorry to hear of your travails but you have to decide which of the two choices would be best for you. Good luck!
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by dreamworld: 8:08pm On Nov 28, 2018
Liftkid:
you dont seem to have knowlegde of what am saying; i have not gotten value from the bank despite the money been reversed to access bank by quick teller
Ok
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by pek(m): 8:18pm On Nov 28, 2018
demmydy:
I tink u should call berekete family. Voice of the voiceless. Mr ordinary president can connect u with pple who will help u recover it in no time. TANK ME LATER
You want him to "tank" you later? Hope it will be easy getting out that is, if you don't suffocate.
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by horlique(m): 8:42pm On Nov 28, 2018
Karatum:

Thanks, but am a girl not guy. Immediately they noticed the owner of the keke was a lady, they started acting weird.
my sister they want sex. That's why they are acting weird.. get a lawyer but in all you will spend money
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by horlique(m): 8:48pm On Nov 28, 2018
Guyman02:
Report the matter to any popular lawyer in Onitsha who has access to the Police CP and can assembly journalists call a world media conference on the matter, the commissioner will quickly order the immediate release of your Keke to avoid a scandal.
Nigerian police are scandals themselves.. Not afraid of one..

1 Like

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by jonath0012(m): 8:50pm On Nov 28, 2018
I swear 99% of Nigerians are not well educated. Or should I say educated illiterate going by all the comments flying around here..

For God sake we have hot lines directly to Police complain unit in Abuja..You don't need to spend a dime to recover your stolen keke. It is your ignorance that made you to pay that 30k in the first place.

Someone has dropped some numbers already. Call on of those numbers and in less than 30 minutes you will get you keke back without paying a kobo.
In fact, those police will even apologize for their unruly behavior.

1 Like

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by horlique(m): 8:51pm On Nov 28, 2018
IbrahimDamola:

That's how the nigeria police works, Enugu don collect their share. Please look for 20k (dem sef wan chop) and 'settle' obosi police or they'll let your Keke rot in their station in the pretext of 'charging the suspect to court with the exhibit'. I'm sure you saw other vehicles rotting in their station.

Whenever a police man see a 'police case', he smells money. The police station is their 'farm' and you are their 'customer'.

Please look for 20k, put 15,000 in an envelop, go directly to the DPO and exchange pleasantries, tell him about the issue and how you've suffered so much losses, drop the envelop on his table and request that he tells his boys to release your keke. If he complains, you can add 3-4K, and tell him you are keeping 1k-2k for your transport. The idea is to make him believe he has milked you dry.

Rule of the Thumb: Never start with settling the low-ranked police officers, it is expensive as you'll keep 'settling' till you get to Oga DPO. Start from the top with the DPO.

Else, Corporal go collect, refer you to Inspector, Inspector go collect, refer you ASP, ASP go collect, come carry you go see Oga DPO, Oga DPO sef go ask for him Elephant share, sotey you sef go come frustrate. But when you start with DPO at the top, once you settle am, he will give his orders, once he gives his orders, the junior korofos must obey. Whatever you decide to give the korofos they'll take as they'll have no choice anymore.

No junior ranked korofo will take you to go see DPO until he has collected his share if you start down below with the junior officers.

NLders should pay me for this free lecture. I don see 35 before I reach for 25years. Chei this country. grin
see our Nigeria so sad but that's the truth
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Goddys(m): 8:55pm On Nov 28, 2018
Police intimidation was one of the major reasons I became a lawyer. I wish I could assist you. Get a lawyer to petition Commissioner of Police

2 Likes

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Ukpor1(m): 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2018
my guy thank God dat they found d keke.the only advice I will give you is to look 10k or 15k and give those dem and take ur back home.if d matter entered court you will spend more Dan dat.in Lagos here any keke dat get lose u will never never found it again.just thank God u see d keke

1 Like

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Guyman02: 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2018
Karatum:

Paying for services of a lawyer wont be easy for me now. I will do that when I raise the money. The keke will have to be there till I raise the money needed to get a lawyer. Thanks for the advice

You don't have to pay, some of them do pro bono on matters like these, they use it to shine against the Police

1 Like

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by KIDpretty(m): 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2018
Karatum:
Please guys, I need your suggestions and opinions on this.

I reside in onitsha and here goes my story.

I bought a keke and gave it to a young guy on hire purchase. Unfortunately, the keke was stolen the same Sunday that the guy I gave it to - drove it home. Its a brand new keke. I went to the police to make entry about the stolen keke.

After about a week, I got a call from some police guys at Enugu state police command, that I should come down to Enugu state - as my keke was found somewhere in Nsukka. The police guys demanded that I come with 50k to 'bail out' the keke. Luckily for me, the keke was found same way it was stolen and also, the thief was caught too.

I sourced for money and went down to Enugu to bail out the recovered keke. After parting with 30k, I was handed over the keke and was asked to go to obosi station to write and sign that the keke has been found. The police guys from Enugu drove the suspect down to obosi (anambra state). According to them, that's the jurisdiction where the keke was stolen.

On getting to Obosi station, the police there demanded for some money and I told them that I had nothing left on me after parting away with 30k for the Enugu police guys. Next thing they did was that they decided to seize the keke, saying it will be "charged to court with the suspect".

My question is; Arent the police suppose to hand over a recovered property to a victim of theft? What do I do? I am very confused now as to next action to take.

take your story to twitter and share it with the police account @policeNG and @policeNG_PCRRU and you'll get positive results,

1 Like

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by technicallyrich(m): 10:21pm On Nov 28, 2018
Karatum:

All ladies are not the same; same with guys.
dont mind me i was just joking and babyApple.
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by nkemdi89(f): 10:36pm On Nov 28, 2018
Please pay them, they are not supposed to release it for you, since the suspect has not been prosecuted in court, the keke is the only evidence.
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 28, 2018
Karatum:
Please guys, I need your suggestions and opinions on this.

I reside in onitsha and here goes my story.

I bought a keke and gave it to a young guy on hire purchase. Unfortunately, the keke was stolen the same Sunday that the guy I gave it to - drove it home. Its a brand new keke. I went to the police to make entry about the stolen keke.

After about a week, I got a call from some police guys at Enugu state police command, that I should come down to Enugu state - as my keke was found somewhere in Nsukka. The police guys demanded that I come with 50k to 'bail out' the keke. Luckily for me, the keke was found same way it was stolen and also, the thief was caught too.

I sourced for money and went down to Enugu to bail out the recovered keke. After parting with 30k, I was handed over the keke and was asked to go to obosi station to write and sign that the keke has been found. The police guys from Enugu drove the suspect down to obosi (anambra state). According to them, that's the jurisdiction where the keke was stolen.

On getting to Obosi station, the police there demanded for some money and I told them that I had nothing left on me after parting away with 30k for the Enugu police guys. Next thing they did was that they decided to seize the keke, saying it will be "charged to court with the suspect".

My question is; Arent the police suppose to hand over a recovered property to a victim of theft? What do I do? I am very confused now as to next action to take.
involve ur lawyer
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by AniwetaluEmma(m): 11:44pm On Nov 28, 2018
My dear you have two choices here.
You can involve a lawyer or decides to settle them. Involving a lawyer will complicate a lot of things. Due process will set in which you night not have all the time to bear. If you can not stand thego
involve a man to go for you. It will be cheaper for you.
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by israelmao(m): 3:50am On Nov 29, 2018
The best to change a nation starts with changing self.
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Lucifer66(m): 6:51am On Nov 29, 2018
thesicilian:

You mean, baby lawyers?
Which one is baby lawyer again?
Lawyer na lawyer.

1 Like

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by SilentBang(m): 2:23pm On Nov 29, 2018
Karatum, Do you have a twitter account?? you ll be surprised what one can do for you... share your story on there, copy the Police PRO and the likes... ask for retweets... help will come within 48hrs hopefully... all the best.

1 Like

Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by mercydaniel: 10:13am On Jan 06, 2019
Karatum:

Govt pays them to protect lives and properties. Those expenses are captured in the yearly budget - indirectly paid by you and I - in the form of taxes and levies
do d so call IPOs get it?
Re: Police Refused To Hand Over My Stolen Keke To Me After It Was Recovered by Ibukun558(m): 11:08am On Apr 09, 2022
Lucifer66:
Police is your friend.
Yeah

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

63-year-old Businessman Withdraws N173,000 From Man’s Account Via ATM / Slain Lagos Lawyer, Bolanle Raheem Was Expecting Twins - Husband / Woman Dupes Bureau De Change Operator Of N4.2 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.