Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,105 members, 7,814,878 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? - Politics (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? (34102 Views)

JEGA, going! going!! gone!!! ''Clueless'' GEJ Outfoxes APC and JEGA / ACN Going! Going!! Gone!! In Ondo / Edo Line Going! Going! Gone! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by tkb417(m): 9:40am On Aug 02, 2010
Beaf

whats with the mama and Papa thing?
thats taking it too far mehn
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by tkb417(m): 9:44am On Aug 02, 2010
Are we sure our eastern brothers have not sold Obudu to Cameroon already? May be they are about to claim what is legitimately theirs. Our Ndigbo brothers are very schrewed businessmen; they can sell their mothers

You Yoruba men have been inventing all sorts of evil vices in Nigeria - ashawo biz, juju biz, money ritual , GBOMOGBOMO etcetera . .But thank God that some bad elements in Igboland are yet to learn how to sell their mothers from Yoruba peeps.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

u guys wont kill me on NL
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nixo: 11:43am On Aug 02, 2010
Satellite imagies please, people get ready for changes in the long-known map of Nigeria,

Sud we say bye to TinapaCross-Rivers state na wa for una o, Nigerian Surveyors wake up and get busy fast, grin grin grin grin grin shocked shocked shocked
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by homerac7: 11:55am On Aug 02, 2010
hmmmmm, ,

i waited so long to c how d arguments on ds topic will finally run out. i am exceedingly glad dt my very opinion and feelings about the true love for ds nation dat is displayed in every conceivable form, even frustrations, has finally been confessed overtly or tacitly by all indigenous parties. i am proud of every nigerian who has genuinely contributed so far, God bless us all.

earlier, d topic started as an adrenaline bomb. some foreign vultures tried to take advantage of d rowdy session to spread poisons coated with sweet rhetorics and double-talks. at som point, i remember some of us and myself havn to challenge dr audacities. i also remember mentionin dt if nigerian nation is at civil war and outsiders think dy cn take advantage of dt, d nigeria nation i know will rather suspend d war, fight the hyena, then resume her civil war. in other words, what unites us as a nation is greater dn our differnces, and we shaln't forfeit dt, period!

to my igbo kinsmen, i recognize d pain and frustration of being part of ds ramshackle national entity, neither is d unfortunate history of our ppl lost to me. i will never blame ur feelings or sentiments since i know dt deep withn we all, we knw we can hav a better deal in d nation dn we currently do hav. never d less, ds is a new century, d biggest enemy we face as igbo nation is no other, but our very selves.

to my non igbo kinsmen, i am proud of ur loyalty and support as displayed in our opinions. others say we r nation divided, mayb they r right from point of ignorance, but they owe us xplanations on why we r still able to exist together with all d challenges. d explanation is dt we hav learnt to exclude d foreigners from our 'family ' affairs. though sometimes back, i held d xtreme 'greater biafra' sentiments until i temporarily resided in d 'enemy' northern territories. havn freely related wt d 'enemies', i know better who and where d real enemies r. d true national feelin can best b seen at moments of common challenges; talk abt bakassi handing-over, MEND bombing of lagos jetty, ikeja cantonment explosion, victorious sporting outings, electoral reforms debate, and others. at dos moments, nobody cared if d individuals, party or places involved r near or far, as long as it is within d boundary of 'our nation', we respond together unanimously: dt is our power, dt is our strenght and dt is our glory as a nation. as long as such feeling can b guaranteed at such moments, then everybody waitin for ds nations failure can as well wait for d hell to freeze over.

burning issues as electoral reform, constitutional conference and true federalism r sine qua non to our national advancement, otherwise we remain stunted and bitter strange bed fellows. it is only my candid opinion dt there is no fear in implementing d above as it will can only end as win-win deal. and for those who think we share more history wt our cross boundary neighbours thn sister national tribes, i thnk it is false, one-sided, delusional and at best, myopic. i can only refer d proponents to an objectiv historical studies of the ppl wt ours. it will cost us much less to work for national reform progress as part of d nigerian nation dn tryn to pull out. renegotiating our terms of alliance is d most credible option available to all units of ds national fractions. and i dare we all to channell our energies to making that work, it is for ourselves and our future. it is only sure way to keep away all foreign opportunist, snakes, hyenas and land-grabbers.

i believ in nation where u and i r free to be who we r without d fear of other ppl being who they r or where they r from. dat shld b our legacy for n nxt generation. viva nigeria!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by excanny: 12:12pm On Aug 02, 2010
What i want cameroonians to claim is Lagos. I can be of assistance to them if they need.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by excanny: 12:16pm On Aug 02, 2010
What i want the cameronoians to claim is Lagos. They stand a lot to gain from such a move.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by excanny: 12:18pm On Aug 02, 2010
cry
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by tkb417(m): 12:29pm On Aug 02, 2010
^^^ only the street urchins in Mushin and Oshodi will level cameroon
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by googles: 12:41pm On Aug 02, 2010
excanny:

What i want the cameronoians to claim is Lagos. They stand a lot to gain from such a move.

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

angry

tkb417:

^^^ only the street urchins in Mushin and Oshodi will level cameroon

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

tell him please
grin
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Bodiesel(m): 12:47pm On Aug 02, 2010
This thread has been very interesting for active participants and silent observers (as myself) alike. However it has served its purpose and deserves to be laid to rest. It would be better to continue discussions about our sovereignty and differences as a nation in some other thread(s) dedicated to that purpose. Could the op and all those who 'fought' a good fight for what they believe(d) take a bow and a moderator (aisha2?) kindly close the curtain on this? Long live FRN.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Beaf: 1:37pm On Aug 02, 2010
tkb417:

Beaf

whats with the mama and Papa thing?
thats taking it too far mehn

If you check, you will see that I didn't start it. I only paid back in kind.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Beaf: 1:44pm On Aug 02, 2010
Bodiesel:

This thread has been very interesting for active participants and silent observers (as myself) alike. However it has served its purpose and deserves to be laid to rest. It would be better to continue discussions about our sovereignty and differences as a nation in some other thread(s) dedicated to that purpose. Could the op and all those who 'fought' a good fight for what they believe(d) take a bow and a moderator (aisha2?) kindly close the curtain on this? Long live FRN.

The sad thing is that it has taken the threats of a foreign a foreign country to bring about the levels of civil discussion we have had here. Moving to another thread without another external focus, might only bring out the worst in NL as usual.

Faeb = Beaf, for those who don't know.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by tpiah: 2:31pm On Aug 02, 2010
Beaf:

If you check, you will see that I didn't start it. I only paid back in kind.

a sane person does not reply this:

tpiah:

that is so your problem.

i could care less.

if it pains you, go and cry. wink

with this:

Beaf:

You are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo funny!
You think because you are possessed by 7 wicked demons that are wrecking your life, others should see you and start crying? grin grin grin grin

If you ever see anybody crying after they set eyes on you, it is only because they pity you.

but dont worry- i know you and the other chimps live to quarrel over rubbish and you have met your match. wink

nigeria needs ranches in other parts of the country.

anybody who doesnt like that statement, bang your head very hard against a wall.

you wont be missed cheesy
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Beaf: 2:53pm On Aug 02, 2010
^So that is justification for abusing my parents?
Funny! Cos you got worsted! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Anyway, I'm moving on and letting it go. There's a topic being discussed and we are spoiling it.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by jokingmary(m): 4:34pm On Aug 02, 2010
Thread locked tongue
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by chiogo(f): 4:37pm On Aug 02, 2010
What a sad bunch!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by rethink: 5:02pm On Aug 02, 2010
@homerac7

Thank God for another Nigerian brain emerges from the brain atrophy lot that exist on NL. But I disagree with you on true Federalism. Can you school me on what is true federalism.

hmmmmm, ,

i waited so long to c how d arguments on ds topic will finally run out. i am exceedingly glad dt my very opinion and feelings about the true love for ds nation dat is displayed in every conceivable form, even frustrations, has finally been confessed overtly or tacitly by all indigenous parties. i am proud of every nigerian who has genuinely contributed so far, God bless us all.

earlier, d topic started as an adrenaline bomb. some foreign vultures tried to take advantage of d rowdy session to spread poisons coated with sweet rhetorics and double-talks. at som point, i remember some of us and myself havn to challenge dr audacities. i also remember mentionin dt if nigerian nation is at civil war and outsiders think dy cn take advantage of dt, d nigeria nation i know will rather suspend d war, fight the hyena, then resume her civil war. in other words, what unites us as a nation is greater dn our differnces, and we shaln't forfeit dt, period!

to my igbo kinsmen, i recognize d pain and frustration of being part of ds ramshackle national entity, neither is d unfortunate history of our ppl lost to me. i will never blame your feelings or sentiments since i know dt deep withn we all, we knw we can hav a better deal in d nation dn we currently do hav. never d less, ds is a new century, d biggest enemy we face as igbo nation is no other, but our very selves.

to my non igbo kinsmen, i am proud of your loyalty and support as displayed in our opinions. others say we r nation divided, mayb they r right from point of ignorance, but they owe us xplanations on why we r still able to exist together with all d challenges. d explanation is dt we hav learnt to exclude d foreigners from our 'family ' affairs. though sometimes back, i held d xtreme 'greater biafra' sentiments until i temporarily resided in d 'enemy' northern territories. havn freely related wt d 'enemies', i know better who and where d real enemies r. d true national feelin can best b seen at moments of common challenges; talk abt bakassi handing-over, MEND bombing of lagos jetty, ikeja cantonment explosion, victorious sporting outings, electoral reforms debate, and others. at dos moments, nobody cared if d individuals, party or places involved r near or far, as long as it is within d boundary of 'our nation', we respond together unanimously: dt is our power, dt is our strenght and dt is our glory as a nation. as long as such feeling can b guaranteed at such moments, then everybody waitin for ds nations failure can as well wait for d hell to freeze over.

burning issues as electoral reform, constitutional conference and true federalism r sine qua non to our national advancement, otherwise we remain stunted and bitter strange bed fellows. it is only my candid opinion dt there is no fear in implementing d above as it will can only end as win-win deal. and for those who think we share more history wt our cross boundary neighbours thn sister national tribes, i thnk it is false, one-sided, delusional and at best, myopic. i can only refer d proponents to an objectiv historical studies of the ppl wt ours. it will cost us much less to work for national reform progress as part of d nigerian nation dn tryn to pull out. renegotiating our terms of alliance is d most credible option available to all units of ds national fractions. and i dare we all to channell our energies to making that work, it is for ourselves and our future. it is only sure way to keep away all foreign opportunist, snakes, hyenas and land-grabbers.

i believ in nation where u and i r free to be who we r without d fear of other ppl being who they r or where they r from. dat shld b our legacy for n nxt generation. viva nigeria!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by homerac7: 11:44am On Aug 03, 2010
@ rethink,

thx 4 ur kind words. when i say true federalism, i only canvass for a type of mix dt suits our current demands and challenges. while there is no standard ratio for power sharin between d central and regional (state) governments, i simply propose for a structure where more of d central powers r directed at foreign relation interests and military control while states recieve more powers to develop and advance economic resources, education and citizens welfare. i believe dt will empower states to grow at own natural paces and foster healthy rivalry. d FG also regulate inter-state trades on milder level and many of d current functions r eithr reallocated or abrogated. i believe dt will create a more directional central, satisfied and vibrant states and effective federal structure. guess where such issues as FG vs Lagos state on local govts creation, resource control, state police, etc. will b? settled and bye gone.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by GabrielJr: 2:36pm On Aug 03, 2010
Now! when is these gonna end? Bin reading since like yesterday and had to skip many pages to get to the end. The truth is in our minds, as an Igbo man or a yoruba man or a hausa man we know from birth that we are Nigerians and Nigerians aint cowards. we make things happen everywhere we go, we have so many examples off the shores of our country. we will remain Nigerians and the true is we will NEVER divide, you know why? NIGERIANS ARE PEACE LOVING PEOPLE. we have bin tru alot and we are still here. crawling, maybe! but we are moving. CMR needs us as much as we do need them. i have a student in my class who is from CMR and i respect him alot, very level headed guy with plenty respect, of all my students, he talks when necessary. am not a historian, so i wont go into all that details but the much i know about life, nobody dies for a cause that doesnt benefit him/her. we die for what we want to live to see. this is all a rumor but one thing it has done is prove to us all that regardless of our location, year of birth, background etc we have a passion to see that our country gets better and division dont make u better or stronger, it only shows your weakness. i could go on and on but will rest my case here. love y'all. salom
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by udezue(m): 4:41pm On Aug 03, 2010
^^^Peace loving?
With yearly ethnic religious riots?
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by babariches: 6:16pm On Aug 03, 2010
Please every help me tell our government this is not a political matter now
as in the case of bakassi.

We Nigerian are ready to fight both the cameronian or any international court of law.
what are they even taking us for. i know very well that baba iyabo himself will be regretting
his action for giving out bakassi to the cameronians because that is what gave them courage
to take such move about Obudu.

In short am starting a group now on facebook "SAFE OBUDU CATTLE RANCH FROM CAMEROON" search for and join.

God bless you all let stand for Naija
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by ducci: 1:37pm On Aug 04, 2010
some of you,nayah and co make me laf a lot.Its ignorance that is actualy your problem since you can even compare cameroun military to nigerian military,do you even know what a military migth is,in terms of manpower,equipment,resources,training,capabilities,records,morale etc?of course you dont.the ratio between nija and cameroun in all this aspects is about 50:1. With the armaments nija military have,it wouldnt need to really record any casualty on own side,because we dont need to reach yaounde before it falls,launcher missiles will be sent by air, land and sea before ground troops invade to consolidate.Now, it also amazes me when I hear nigerians believing the military couldnt handle militants,do you know the rules of engagements there?we dont attack without provocation.It would have taken the nija military 4hrs to clear out those militants,forget about the propaganda you hear,its politics,the militants are nigerians, no president will order it during his time,reason, he will pay for it in international criminal court someday.i even wonder why this comparism can be made, maybe possible in another lifetime or 200 years.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by babariches: 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2010
@Ducci

You too talk. Who told you we are afraid of the cameroon here. the fear here is that of our leaders
nobody can take any thing from us except by our self giving it out.

There are a lot you need to understand about foreign policy of a country. may be you don't even know
more about Nigerian foreign policy. don't be shock to hear one day that Obudu now belong to Cameroon.

Remember the bakassi issues has been there even since 1979 before Baba Iyabo left years later it was resolved to be for the Cameroonians.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by babariches: 12:36pm On Aug 05, 2010
@Ducci

You too talk. Who told you we are afraid of the cameroon here. the fear here is that of our leaders
nobody can take any thing from us except by our self giving it out.

There are a lot you need to understand about foreign policy of a country. may be you don't even know
more about Nigerian foreign policy. don't be shock to hear one day that Obudu now belong to Cameroon.

Remember the bakassi issues has been there even since 1979 before Baba Iyabo left years later it was resolved to be for the Cameroonians.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by margaritav(f): 6:18am On Dec 27, 2010
shocked
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nobody: 8:07am On Dec 27, 2010
^^even with all of that ranting Cameroon still took over so wtf is the point?
Anyway I love Cameroon. Sexy guys grin
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by OchiAgha2(m): 8:12am On Dec 27, 2010
MzDarkSkin:

^^even with all of that ranting Cameroon still took over so wtf is the point?
Anyway I love Cameroon. Sexy guys grin

Do not come into a Naija forum and talk about that nonsense! angry Anyway, we Igbos and other Eastern groups are similar to the good people of Cameroon, so they get their looks from us. grin Only a border is separating us.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Dede1(m): 3:07pm On Dec 27, 2010
Intelligent and socially cultured people follow precedents. If I may say anything about this alleged claim of Obudu Ranch by Cameroonian government, it is possible to come through. The ICJ decided the case of Bakassi based primarily on the fact that the imaginary boundary line between German-Cameroon and British-Nigeria ran from the Atlantic Ocean to Lake Chad. Inside the boundary line on the Cameroon’s side are places such Bakassi, Obudu Ranch, some part of Oguja, Adamawa and Borno.

If precedent had established that Bakassi belongs to Cameroon, I shall not bet against Obudu Ranch and some other places now in Nigeria being ceded to Cameroon if its government decides to pursue such course of action.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by margaritav(f): 3:28pm On Dec 27, 2010
shocked
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Dede1(m): 4:08pm On Dec 27, 2010
margaritav:

They might as well claim the whole of Cross River State, arrgghh!!!

I suggest you apply a little bit of intelligence to this discuss. The load of emotional outburst in your posts will bereave your argument any streak of intellectualism. You are not more annoyed than me because Bakassi was ceded to Cameroon. I maybe more disturbed than you because of the circumstances surrounding ceding of Bakassi to Cameroon. All I am saying is precedent had been established between Nigeria and Cameroon in the department of ceding territories to each other. Nigeria could equally post claim on Kumba.
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nobody: 12:18am On Dec 28, 2010
Ochi_Agha:

Do not come into a Naija forum and talk about that nonsense! angry Anyway, we Igbos and other Eastern groups are similar to the good people of Cameroon, so they get their looks from us. grin Only a border is separating us.

LMFAO. you guys are the same ppl dammit! Besides you are right Igbos and some Cammies do look alike. My ex-boyfriend is from Yaounde Cameroon and he gets mistaken for being Igbo ALL of the time!
Re: Wow! Like Bakassi, Obudu Going, Going, Gone To Cameroon? by Nobody: 4:00am On Dec 28, 2010
margaritav:

They might as well claim the whole of Cross River State, arrgghh!!!

My sentiment exactly.

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (Reply)

Supreme Court Judgement that Upheld INEC Power to Declare Election Inconclusive / PDP Releases Statement On Dokpesi’s Arrest / Late Umar Yar'adua With Turai In The Early 70s (Throwback Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.