Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,365 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:18 PM

High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available (11961 Views)

One Of The Best Pepper Seeds You Should Be Planting / Broad Leaf Variety Ugu Seeds From The East / Nigeria Releases First Transgenic Crop – Cowpea Resistant To Pod Borers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by Mrkellz: 5:46pm On Jul 19, 2019
okoroemeka:
pepper is #10,000k for 20 grams, maturity is 70-75 days.you can plant garden egg now,this is the season we are still planting a second batch nursery of Cameroon pepper and garden egg today.

Greetings.nice thread.
Pls is the Cameroon pepper open pollinated or hybrid?
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 9:12pm On Jul 19, 2019
Mrkellz:

Greetings.nice thread.
Pls is the Cameroon pepper open pollinated or hybrid?
it's heirloom local variety,but it's standing the test of this rainy season,our crops are fruiting now, will share pics tomorrow
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by Elizadath: 5:44pm On Jul 28, 2019
okoroemeka:
If you have a good and fertile land, don't let it lie fallow,with good management ₦100k will start and maybe finish pepper project on 2 plots,if know what u are doing with good agricultural practice you can get ₦500k easily before it dies off.this is the rough estimate we used to set up a 2 plot farm,but note the cost may vary from location to location.(1) clearing 4 workers₦6,000(2) digging of holes and preparation 2 workers ₦4,000or ridges ₦8,000(3)manure/application ₦6,000,(4)seed 20gram ₦10,000,(4) fungicide/foliar/insecticide ₦10,000,(5)npk151515 one bag ₦8,000,(6)1st weeding 4 workers ₦4,800.(7)2nd weeding ₦5,000.this is what will push 2 plots of roughly 1000 pepper stands.
1. Pls what is the function of the hole to dig and what preparation are you talking about?
2. Where can I get the black nylons to transplant to make it stand alone? And how much are the bags?
You didn't mention it in your analysis.
3. Hope I can still plant now?
Thanks
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 7:29pm On Jul 28, 2019
Elizadath:

1. Pls what is the function of the hole to dig and what preparation are you talking about?
2. Where can I get the black nylons to transplant to make it stand alone? And how much are the bags?
You didn't mention it in your analysis.
3. Hope I can still plant now?
Thanks
the main function of hole is to retain manure /fertilizer so it will not be easily washed away by rain,also during dry season makes watering easier if u are using hose and pump.the black nylon is sold in markets,look for the size u want they have it and puncture the bottom when filled with soil,₦100-150 for 100 pieces,you can plant now if you know what you are doing.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by PoWConsulting: 7:38pm On Jul 28, 2019
FAST SELLING 500 Naira only

GET AGRIBUSINESS MANUALS INSTANTLY!!!PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!BUY FIVE, GET ONE FREE!!!

Purchase five of the following Business Manuals and get one FREE!!! You get to choose!

1. Manual on Cosmetics and Soap Production: How to produce 35 Soap and cosmetics products… Black Soap (Liquid and Bar), Detergent powder, Solid detergent, Liquid mSoap, Toilet Soap, Toilet Cleanser, Medicated Soap, Laundry Soap (Paste and Bar), Car wash Soap , Olive oil Soap, Anti-dandroff shampoo, Bleach, Toilet roll, Body Cream, Hair Cream, Hair Conditioner, Relaxer, Styling Gels etc.

2. Manual on Bakery, Pastries and Confectioneries: How to produce 28 products…Cassava bread, Plain bread, Wheat bread, Cakes, Meat pie, Doughnut, buns, Sausage roll, Scotch egg, Ice cream, Yoghurt, Cookies etc.

3. Manual on Fruit Juice and Drink Production: How to produce, preserve and package Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Zobo Drink and Palm wine Drink. This process technology will extend the shelf life of the products for more than six months!

4. Manual on Edible Mushroom Cultivation: The process technology for cultivating, harvesting, Processing and Packaging Edible Mushrooms. A great, Unique and Profitable Agribusiness.

5. Manual on Vegetables Farming: How to cultivate Ugwu leaf, Bitter leaf, Water leaf, Jute leaf, Shoko leaf, Dwarf pawpaw and Cucumber using the best cultivation practices, organic fertilizers and seeds

6. Manual on Cassava processing into Gari

7. Manual on Cassava processing into Odourless Fufu Flour

8. Manual on Cassava processing into High Quality Cassava Flour

9. Manual on Cassava processing into Industrial Cassava Starch

10. Manual on Cassava processing into Fermented Cassava Flour (Lafun)

11. Manual on Cassava processing into Adhesives from Cassava Starch

12. Manual on Plantain Chips Production, Preservation and Packaging

13. Manual on Instant Plantain Flour Production

14. Manual on Poundo Yam Flour Production, Preservation and Packaging

AND MANY MORE!!!

These manuals contain information on the best production practice, improved variety of seeds, best fertilizer for planting, best process technology from foremost research Institutes in Nigeria. It also contains practical photos of the processes, procedures, equipments and machineries, and source of these inputs (ingredients, chemicals, equipments etc) in Nigeria.

Contact our Agribusiness Investment Analyst on +2347039664655 for more information

WhatsApp: +2347039664655

Visit our Facebook page at Pillars of Wealth Consulting Limited for more agribusiness investment opportunities

Email: pillarsofwealthconsulting@gmail.com

Promo valid till July 31, 2019
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by excess4luv: 8:46am On Jul 30, 2019
PoWConsulting:
FAST SELLING 500 Naira only

GET AGRIBUSINESS MANUALS INSTANTLY!!!PROMO! PROMO!! PROMO!!!BUY FIVE, GET ONE FREE!!!

Purchase five of the following Business Manuals and get one FREE!!! You get to choose!

1. Manual on Cosmetics and Soap Production: How to produce 35 Soap and cosmetics products… Black Soap (Liquid and Bar), Detergent powder, Solid detergent, Liquid mSoap, Toilet Soap, Toilet Cleanser, Medicated Soap, Laundry Soap (Paste and Bar), Car wash Soap , Olive oil Soap, Anti-dandroff shampoo, Bleach, Toilet roll, Body Cream, Hair Cream, Hair Conditioner, Relaxer, Styling Gels etc.

2. Manual on Bakery, Pastries and Confectioneries: How to produce 28 products…Cassava bread, Plain bread, Wheat bread, Cakes, Meat pie, Doughnut, buns, Sausage roll, Scotch egg, Ice cream, Yoghurt, Cookies etc.

3. Manual on Fruit Juice and Drink Production: How to produce, preserve and package Orange Juice, Pineapple Juice, Zobo Drink and Palm wine Drink. This process technology will extend the shelf life of the products for more than six months!

4. Manual on Edible Mushroom Cultivation: The process technology for cultivating, harvesting, Processing and Packaging Edible Mushrooms. A great, Unique and Profitable Agribusiness.

5. Manual on Vegetables Farming: How to cultivate Ugwu leaf, Bitter leaf, Water leaf, Jute leaf, Shoko leaf, Dwarf pawpaw and Cucumber using the best cultivation practices, organic fertilizers and seeds

6. Manual on Cassava processing into Gari

7. Manual on Cassava processing into Odourless Fufu Flour

8. Manual on Cassava processing into High Quality Cassava Flour

9. Manual on Cassava processing into Industrial Cassava Starch

10. Manual on Cassava processing into Fermented Cassava Flour (Lafun)

11. Manual on Cassava processing into Adhesives from Cassava Starch

12. Manual on Plantain Chips Production, Preservation and Packaging

13. Manual on Instant Plantain Flour Production

14. Manual on Poundo Yam Flour Production, Preservation and Packaging

AND MANY MORE!!!

These manuals contain information on the best production practice, improved variety of seeds, best fertilizer for planting, best process technology from foremost research Institutes in Nigeria. It also contains practical photos of the processes, procedures, equipments and machineries, and source of these inputs (ingredients, chemicals, equipments etc) in Nigeria.

Contact our Agribusiness Investment Analyst on +2347039664655 for more information

WhatsApp: +2347039664655

Visit our Facebook page at Pillars of Wealth Consulting Limited for more agribusiness investment opportunities

Email: pillarsofwealthconsulting@gmail.com

Promo valid till July 31, 2019

tomorrow is 31st July, 2019 make we no see you here after the date.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 2:10pm On Jul 30, 2019
excess4luv:

tomorrow is 31st July, 2019 make we no see you here after the date.
haaaaahaaa!!!he will definitely shift the goal post to 31st August.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by Mrkellz: 3:17am On Aug 09, 2019
okoroemeka:
it's heirloom local variety,but it's standing the test of this rainy season,our crops are fruiting now, will share pics tomorrow

Thanks for the info.
Pls can we see the fruiting plant?
Also when next will the seeds be available?
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 3:24pm On Aug 09, 2019
Mrkellz:

Thanks for the info.
Pls can we see the fruiting plant?
Also when next will the seeds be available?
pepper plant fruiting,we got a ripe one yesterday and it's slowly coming because of the cold rainy season,we are waiting for the weather to warm up before the next phase,the crops in the pics below was not topped or pruned,but we topped the second phase to compare yield.

Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by Mrkellz: 6:17pm On Aug 10, 2019
okoroemeka:
pepper plant fruiting,we got a ripe one yesterday and it's slowly coming because of the cold rainy season,we are waiting for the weather to warm up before the next phase,the crops in the pics below was not topped or pruned,but we topped the second phase to compare yield.

Lovely...
I always look forward to your posts. Expert farmers here always motivate me. I'm going into pepper farming fully next yr.at least 10 plots of 100x100. For now I wanna do a nursery and test different species.
I will keep shadowing you all here and hopefully visit one of ur farms soon.
Pls how often do u harvest now? cuz u said it's coming in slowly.
Also have u tested d effects of fish pond waste water on pepper? Cuz I just discovered a fish pond and they just discard it,even stinks up d area.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 7:04pm On Aug 10, 2019
Mrkellz:

Lovely...
I always look forward to your posts. Expert farmers here always motivate me. I'm going into pepper farming fully next yr.at least 10 plots of 100x100. For now I wanna do a nursery and test different species.
I will keep shadowing you all here and hopefully visit one of ur farms soon.
Pls how often do u harvest now? cuz u said it's coming in slowly.
Also have u tested d effects of fish pond waste water on pepper? Cuz I just discovered a fish pond and they just discard it,even stinks up d area.
due to the cold weather the peppers are riping slowly, peppers love heat, during dry season it's harvested every 4-5 days,that abandoned fish pond make sure there's no crocodiles in it before going close.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by Mrkellz: 10:59pm On Aug 10, 2019
okoroemeka:
due to the cold weather the peppers are riping slowly, peppers love heat, during dry season it's harvested every 4-5 days,that abandoned fish pond make sure there's no crocodiles in it before going close.

Lol...it's not abandoned. I will collect it whenever they drain it.i have about 8 25litre cans.
Pls how many days does it take to ripen during the rains?
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 6:57am On Aug 11, 2019
Mrkellz:

Lol...it's not abandoned. I will collect it whenever they drain it.i have about 8 25litre cans.
it takes the same 4-5 days but the growth,vigor and movement is poor during rainy season,the perfect time to do that your 10 plots project is,you do nursery December 20-28,put in single grow bags January 15-20 in a well shaded location,by this time you must have finished preparing the land, January ending top the whole crops, February 1st week-2nd week field transplant.plant avenir 50% and efia 50%,to get a good mix of big , medium and small fruits,avenir is just too big.you will start harvesting by Easter or April and if your management is good,you will harvest till next dry season.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 7:35am On Aug 11, 2019
Mrkellz:

also don't waste your time collecting fish pond waste,let's be practical and do things that are realistic,just apply manure on your nursery bed before sowing,apply manure in holes before transplant and apply npk fertilizer every 2 weeks or more depends on soil fertility, switch to npk 151515 when fruiting,also spray foilar ferts every 2 weeks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by Mrkellz: 10:59am On Aug 11, 2019
okoroemeka:
it takes the same 4-5 days but the growth,vigor and movement is poor during rainy season,the perfect time to do that your 10 plots project is,you do nursery December 20-28,put in single grow bags January 15-20 in a well shaded location,by this time you must have finished preparing the land, January ending top the whole crops, February 1st week-2nd week field transplant.plant avenir 50% and efia 50%,to get a good mix of big , medium and small fruits,avenir is just too big.you will start harvesting by Easter or April and if your management is good,you will harvest till next dry season.
Thanks for the info. I also thought about starting the nursery early but it means I'll need to set up irrigation,cuz of irregular rainfall, which I can't Afford. Also I was considering some shombo, heard they have real good resistance. So far the pepper I have tested have zero disease attack,so few insects eat it too, but it's our local variety. I ordered some bell pepper seeds to see how d christmas market does well cuz that's when people mostly use it.

This is our local variety in Benin city.we use it for dry pepper. I think it's cayenne. I'm also trying giant chilli pepper, then I'll test the quality of the dried powder,its still growing.

Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by Mrkellz: 11:05am On Aug 11, 2019
okoroemeka:
also don't waste your time collecting fish pond waste,let's be practical and do things that are realistic,just apply manure on your nursery bed before sowing,apply manure in holes before transplant and apply npk fertilizer every 2 weeks or more depends on soil fertility, switch to npk 151515 when fruiting,also spray foilar ferts every 2 weeks.

I have free supply of poultry manure, I intend to also use npk 151515 or 121217, then manure tea and dissolved palm bunch ashes to drench the roots during production and Haifa bonus.later I'll upload pics of the palm byproduct I want to use as mulch.

The pond waste is just to reduce cost and reduce inorganic fertilizer use.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 11:12am On Aug 11, 2019
Mrkellz:

Thanks for the info. I also thought about starting the nursery early but it means I'll need to set up irrigation,cuz of irregular rainfall, which I can't Afford. Also I was considering some shombo, heard they have real good resistance. So far the pepper I have tested have zero disease attack,so few insects eat it too, but it's our local variety. I ordered some bell pepper seeds to see how d christmas market does well cuz that's when people mostly use it.

This is our local variety in Benin city.we use it for dry pepper. I think it's cayenne. I'm also trying giant chilli pepper, then I'll test the quality of the dried powder,its still growing.
of all the peppers we have tried so far the shombo variety we got from nihort almost had no problem with disease,even though an avenir farm just inches from the shombo was devastated,the shombo not only survived but yielded for 2 yrs.Bell pepper is were you need to watch it,they don't take prisoners,very easy to catch disease,make sure you apply good GAP, also it matures faster than hot peppers,thank GOd for that .
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 11:18am On Aug 11, 2019
setting up irrigation in a pepper farm can be a real hassle because of the spacing,,can use blank tapes,if u intend to use drip,but if u don't have the financial power to get a drip system,a good China water pump,lengths of hose,nearby water source and an unshakable will is enough, peppers are irrigated every other day or 3 days interval depends on soil type.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by Mrkellz: 1:14pm On Aug 11, 2019
okoroemeka:
of all the peppers we have tried so far the shombo variety we got from nihort almost had no problem with disease,even though an avenir farm just inches from the shombo was devastated,the shombo not only survived but yielded for 2 yrs.Bell pepper is were you need to watch it,they don't take prisoners,very easy to catch disease,make sure you apply good GAP, also it matures faster than hot peppers,thank GOd for that .

Wow... I keep hearing good things about shombo.pls what's d spacing? Cuz I have been considering using the 10plots for shombo then another 5 or more for fresh pepper. There is even way more space but I don't want to rush into problems.would just plant cucumber, watermelon, sweet potato, okra and plantain on those places.the plantain would be next to a farm. Nairaland farmers have really given me d zeal for farming.i thank you so much.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by Mrkellz: 1:36pm On Aug 11, 2019
kiss
okoroemeka:
setting up irrigation in a pepper farm can be a real hassle because of the spacing,,can use blank tapes,if u intend to use drip,but if u don't have the financial power to get a drip system,a good China water pump,lengths of hose,nearby water source and an unshakable will is enough, peppers are irrigated every other day or 3 days interval depends on soil type.

I believe for the population I'm planting, it'll be very risky to try that, considering distance from a water source and work ethic of these workers, thats how they messed up my first nursery.but when I did it myself at home I got 90%+ germination rate, especially shombo.
I'll probably transplant April. I'll probably face watermelon/peanut, okra/potato and maybe seed yam production by march. Time will tell.
By fire by force we will get there.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 8:24pm On Aug 14, 2019
Mrkellz:
kiss

I believe for the population I'm planting, it'll be very risky to try that, considering distance from a water source and work ethic of these workers, thats how they messed up my first nursery.but when I did it myself at home I got 90%+ germination rate, especially shombo.
I'll probably transplant April. I'll probably face watermelon/peanut, okra/potato and maybe seed yam production by march. Time will tell.
By fire by force we will get there.
the best time to transplant pepper is January-march you will harvest during the rainy season when prices are at the highest
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by Mrkellz: 11:15pm On Aug 15, 2019
okoroemeka:

Pls what's the name of the shombo variety and how can I get it?
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by Mrkellz: 11:28pm On Aug 15, 2019
okoroemeka:
the best time to transplant pepper is January-march you will harvest during the rainy season when prices are at the highest

You're very right.i actually followed the market process for a little while till june-july which I was told was the peak period.

I think I found a solution.but I have to ask if you think a seedling can stay 3months in a grow bag, a biodegradable one.

Im thinking 8x10

Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 11:52pm On Aug 15, 2019
Mrkellz:

You're very right.i actually followed the market process for a little while till june-july which I was told was the peak period.

I think I found a solution.but I have to ask if you think a seedling can stay 3months in a grow bag, a biodegradable one.

Im thinking 8x10

I don't think that's possible,a seedling will mature in 55-60 days from transplant,so you see if it stays 3 months in a bag it will be root bound
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by Mrkellz: 12:56am On Aug 16, 2019
okoroemeka:
I don't think that's possible,a seedling will mature in 55-60 days from transplant,so you see if it stays 3 months in a bag it will be root bound
The bag degrades in 3 months probably less.anyway won't use it without testing it out.

Thanks for your input.
Pls what's the spacing for shombo?
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by Mrkellz: 2:46pm On Aug 18, 2019
okoroemeka:
pls would it still be root bound to biodegradable bags because that's what I had in mind?

Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 3:20pm On Aug 18, 2019
Mrkellz:
pls would it still be root bound to biodegradable bags because that's what I had in mind?
have you tried this tactics before,try out a little before going full scale,that bag looks like it will melt if watered seriously.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by Mrkellz: 7:48pm On Aug 18, 2019
okoroemeka:
have you tried this tactics before,try out a little before going full scale,that bag looks like it will melt if watered seriously.
I intend to try it this yr. "I can't play bet9ja" with 10plots.
If it's not doable I'll find an alternative.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 8:11pm On Aug 18, 2019
Mrkellz:
I intend to try it this yr. "I can't play bet9ja" with 10plots. If it's not doable I'll find an alternative.
smart move
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by FMCASH(m): 6:22am On Aug 27, 2019
okoroemeka:
hello bro the chili pepper you harvest for two years did they pause production within if yes for like how many month. I've some few demon f1 I transplanted.

1 Like

Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 6:30am On Aug 27, 2019
FMCASH:
hello bro the chili pepper you harvest for two years did they pause production within if yes for like how many month. I've some few demon f1 I transplanted.
I think that shombo is not chili,maybe jalapenos,chilis are smaller and very spicy,but that shombo is fatter finger like and less spicy,the crop stopped production from November ,it withered and dried up so much that you can use it for firewood,if anyone told us that it's still alive I will not believe,but when the rains came march-april it regenerated and started production again.i believe that with irrigation it may not have stopped production at all.

1 Like

Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by FMCASH(m): 1:17pm On Aug 27, 2019
okoroemeka:
I think that shombo is not chili,maybe jalapenos,chilis are smaller and very spicy,but that shombo is fatter finger like and less spicy,the crop stopped production from November ,it withered and dried up so much that you can use it for firewood,if anyone told us that it's still alive I will not believe,but when the rains came march-april it regenerated and started production again.i believe that with irrigation it may not have stopped production at all.
thanks

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8 Reasons You Should Grow A Tree Today / Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) / What You Stand To Gain When You Register Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.