Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,453 members, 7,812,384 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:34 PM

High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available - Agriculture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available (11962 Views)

One Of The Best Pepper Seeds You Should Be Planting / Broad Leaf Variety Ugu Seeds From The East / Nigeria Releases First Transgenic Crop – Cowpea Resistant To Pod Borers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by OLUSESANFP(m): 4:54pm On Aug 27, 2019
okoroemeka:
Limited quantity of the Cameroon pepper seed is available,if it finishes will take time to mount another James bond like mission to Cameroon to get another batch,this people hold on to the seeds and don't like selling to outsiders,to maintain it unique Ness but we will break Thatcher cartel,come hell,come highwater
Hello Okoroemeka, I am a regular follower of your posts. Regards the above, is it not possible to replant the seeds from your crops? Also, the Sombo you got from the research Institute, pls what variety is it and how much. Thanks.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 8:11pm On Aug 27, 2019
OLUSESANFP:
Hello Okoroemeka, I am a regular follower of your posts. Regards the above, is it not possible to replant the seeds from your crops? Also, the Sombo you got from the research Institute, pls what variety is it and how much. Thanks.
the pepper been a heirloom variety can be replanted using saved seeds if you can preserve it very well,it doesn't have variety just shombo,I can't remember the cost,but it's not costly around ₦400-500 for 5-10 grams
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 7:34pm On Nov 01, 2019
fresh batch of green garden egg and Cameroon pepper seed is available from across the border in Cameroon,after we finish this batch we will definitely stop trying to get this things,the heat and bullets flying on the border is simply to great a risk to take, previous escapeds are worthy of a James bond movie but this last one is more like a Rambo film.whatapp 08119942049 for more info

1 Like

Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 1:45am On Nov 29, 2019
limited quantities still available,this is now time for pepper and garden egg nursery,so commercial harvest will start by Easter next year, Stop blaming buhari,MR TRY DOES MANY THINGS.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by REUBEN010(m): 7:26am On Nov 29, 2019
okoroemeka:
limited quantities still available,this is now time for pepper and garden egg nursery,so commercial harvest will start by Easter next year, Stop blaming buhari,MR TRY DOES MANY THINGS.

@Okoroemeka
Based on your experience, which is more profitable comparing scotch bonnet pepper and garden egg overtime?
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 8:47am On Nov 29, 2019
REUBEN010:

@Okoroemeka
Based on your experience, which is more profitable comparing scotch bonnet pepper and garden egg overtime?
it's pepper without any doubt,for garden egg you will battle red spider mite, nematodes and if rain stops no more production due to fruit borer invasion
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by REUBEN010(m): 9:38pm On Nov 29, 2019
okoroemeka:
it's pepper without any doubt,for garden egg you will battle red spider mite, nematodes and if rain stops no more production due to fruit borer invasion

Okay. Thanks
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 11:09pm On Jan 18, 2020
smile to the bank this rainy season with high yeild green garden egg variety,5-6 months confirm production,Mr try does many things.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 9:13pm On Feb 19, 2020
field transplanting of garden egg on going at the eggplant site at a frantic pace,we are busy doing other things while our pepper and eggplant nursery are growing out of hand

Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 9:16pm On Feb 19, 2020
limited quantity of Cameroon variety vegetable seeds still available for the determined farmer.no retreat,no surrender!!
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by Mrkellz: 12:39am On Feb 20, 2020
okoroemeka:
field transplanting of garden egg on going at the eggplant site at a frantic pace,we are busy doing other things while our pepper and eggplant nursery are growing out of hand
Well done sir
You're an inspiration to the youths.
I'm going into pepper production this year by God's grace. Good luck with your project.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 8:55am On Feb 20, 2020
Mrkellz:

Well done sir
You're an inspiration to the youths.
I'm going into pepper production this year by God's grace. Good luck with your project.
tough times don't last but tough people do,
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by Mrkellz: 8:18am On Feb 21, 2020
okoroemeka:
tough times don't last but tough people do,

Well said...
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by FarmTech(m): 10:52pm On Feb 23, 2020
okoroemeka:
red is the color of the ripe variety,it turns brown when you blanched it in hot boiling water for drying.
Hello Okoro. When u blanch any pepper in water and dry, it will retain its color. Is this cameroun pepper different?
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 8:37pm On Mar 09, 2020
mega green garden egg nursery on the drawing board,10,000 stands of healthy eggplants in single grow bags,money must come out from the bush,no retreat no surrender !!!

Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 8:49pm On Mar 09, 2020
first batch we transplanted February 19 are flowering already and one leg is already across the finish line,buhari or not we don't care money must come.pics will come tomorrow of that batch.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by FarmTech(m): 9:46pm On Mar 09, 2020
FarmTech:

Hello Okoro. When u blanch any pepper in water and dry, it will retain its color. Is this cameroun pepper different?
Pls I need this info because I'm interested in selling dried pepper. People have always associated Cameroon pepper with any pepper with dark color.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 1:33am On Mar 10, 2020
FarmTech:
Pls I need this info because I'm interested in selling dried pepper. People have always associated Cameroon pepper with any pepper with dark color.
from careful observation we found out that all habaneros and scotch bonnet varieties both opv,avenir hybrids or any hybrid and Cameron pepper always turn a brown color when blanched and dried,we have successfully dried and prepared a batch of avenir that even the market women cannot tell the difference between original Cameron pepper,but we're I am skeptical is chili peppers because they always retain their red colour even dried,that makes me to wonder if they are only sun dried or is it the blanching the changes the colour to brown,these are interesting questions that need answers,I think it's time to put on our thinking caps and conduct further experiments.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by FarmTech(m): 10:07am On Mar 10, 2020
okoroemeka:
from careful observation we found out that all habaneros and scotch bonnet varieties both opv,avenir hybrids or any hybrid and Cameron pepper always turn a brown color when blanched and dried,we have successfully dried and prepared a batch of avenir that even the market women cannot tell the difference between original Cameron pepper,but we're I am skeptical is chili peppers because they always retain their red colour even dried,that makes me to wonder if they are only sun dried or is it the blanching the changes the colour to brown,these are interesting questions that need answers,I think it's time to put on our thinking caps and conduct further experiments.
Thanks a lot. I have blanched some nsukka peppers and dry them. They maintain their color. May be it has to do with chemical composition.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 8:40pm On Mar 11, 2020
FarmTech:

Thanks a lot. I have blanched some nsukka peppers and dry them. They maintain their color. May be it has to do with chemical composition.
maybe,or soil pH,but what I know is that 80% of dried ground pepper in the market today are not Cameroon pepper,but ordinary habaneros blanched,dried and crushed.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 8:46pm On Mar 11, 2020
open field green garden egg site phase 1,transplanted February 19, flowering in progress

Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by FarmTech(m): 9:23pm On Mar 11, 2020
okoroemeka:
open field green garden egg site phase 1,transplanted February 19, flowering in progress
How do u plan irrigating this one?
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 9:48pm On Mar 11, 2020
FarmTech:

How do u plan irrigating this one?
haba,@farmtech this your question has expired now,we transplanted February 19 and irrigated it till flowering and fruiting now March 11,also rains are coming and you are still asking how we are planning to irrigate,we have already won the battle,my workers uses flexible hose connected to a borehole to water them every 2 days.they can water 1000 crops in 45 mins.note the hole system used, it contains and reserves more water
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by FarmTech(m): 10:55pm On Mar 14, 2020
okoroemeka:
haba,@farmtech this your question has expired now,we transplanted February 19 and irrigated it till flowering and fruiting now March 11,also rains are coming and you are still asking how we are planning to irrigate,we have already won the battle,my workers uses flexible hose connected to a borehole to water them every 2 days.they can water 1000 crops in 45 mins.note the hole system used, it contains and reserves more water
Now I remember you once talked about it. Thanks bro. It is a good low-cost method.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 8:21pm On Apr 02, 2020
our green garden eggplant happily flowering and fruiting, hopefully we all be alive to see the end of this global health crisis and we will use this garden eggplant,kola and Gordon dry gin to celebrate life.

1 Like

Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by FarmTech(m): 10:38pm On Apr 02, 2020
okoroemeka:
our green garden eggplant happily flowering and fruiting, hopefully we all be alive to see the end of this global health crisis and we will use this garden eggplant,kola and Gordon dry gin to celebrate life.
Nice one. Keep it up. How long does garden eggs fruit?
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 5:56am On Apr 03, 2020
FarmTech:

Nice one. Keep it up. How long does garden eggs fruit?
like the farm above will start production by April month end and it will continue till rainy season will stop by October end,then inevitably due to no more rain fall fruit borer attacks will increase in such a way that it will be impractical to spray insecticides,best thing is to give up and step aside and prepare for next season,but there some farmers that have ways to keep on harvesting during the dry season,how they manage to keep insects at Bay is a mystery.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by FarmTech(m): 6:33pm On Apr 10, 2020
okoroemeka:
like the farm above will start production by April month end and it will continue till rainy season will stop by October end,then inevitably due to no more rain fall fruit borer attacks will increase in such a way that it will be impractical to spray insecticides,best thing is to give up and step aside and prepare for next season,but there some farmers that have ways to keep on harvesting during the dry season,how they manage to keep insects at Bay is a mystery.
Thanks. I strongly believe that all stubborn pests and diseases can be effectively controlled by spraying under the leaves.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 7:03pm On Apr 10, 2020
FarmTech:

Thanks. I strongly believe that all stubborn pests and diseases can be effectively controlled by spraying under the leaves.
my brother when rain reduces or stops from October/November there is no type of pesticide that can rid an eggplant farm from fruitborer (oti) invasions,there mode of operations is simple they will just land on a developing fruit bore a tiny hole inside and lay egg and then fly off, all your crops will be healthy greenish and full of fruit,but if you harvest 70% of the fruits will have maggot like larvae inside,we have tried every thing possible believe me,but rainfall is the only check for those pestz.
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by FarmTech(m): 7:30pm On Apr 10, 2020
okoroemeka:
my brother when rain reduces or stops from October/November there is no type of pesticide that can rid an eggplant farm from fruitborer (oti) invasions,there mode of operations is simple they will just land on a developing fruit bore a tiny hole inside and lay egg and then fly off, all your crops will be healthy greenish and full of fruit,but if you harvest 70% of the fruits will have maggot like larvae inside,we have tried every thing possible believe me,but rainfall is the only check for those pestz.
I'll try it and see what happens. Using insecticides like chlorfenapyr, emamectin benzoate and imidacloprid may work. Which insecticides did u guys tried?
Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by okoroemeka(m): 9:15pm On Apr 10, 2020
FarmTech:

I'll try it and see what happens. Using insecticides like chlorfenapyr, emamectin benzoate and imidacloprid may work. Which insecticides did u guys tried?
you also have to make sure of what you spray on a fruit that is harvested and eaten raw every 4 days, Even before you are aware of them the whole farm is totally infected,there's a reason a bag can go as high as #12-14,000k a bag, during dry season,70-80% of eggplant farms are shut down by that nuisance,if a farmer is getting 10 bags every 4 days@₦5k per bag do you think he fold his hands and watch such money go away,he will try everything under the sun to chase the pest away,but unfortunately nature is the one factor that eradicates the pest 100%

1 Like 1 Share

Re: High yielding,heat resistant vegetables/pepper seeds from Cameroon available by FarmTech(m): 9:33pm On Apr 11, 2020
okoroemeka:
you also have to make sure of what you spray on a fruit that is harvested and eaten raw every 4 days, Even before you are aware of them the whole farm is totally infected,there's a reason a bag can go as high as #12-14,000k a bag, during dry season,70-80% of eggplant farms are shut down by that nuisance,if a farmer is getting 10 bags every 4 days@₦5k per bag do you think he fold his hands and watch such money go away,he will try everything under the sun to chase the pest away,but unfortunately nature is the one factor that eradicates the pest 100%
I'll look into it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

8 Reasons You Should Grow A Tree Today / Abia Signs MOU For Palm Estate, Targets 5000 Jobs (photos) / What You Stand To Gain When You Register Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.