Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,766 members, 7,955,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:40 PM

Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria (25107 Views)

Pastor Kumuyi Condemns Spending So Much On Church Buildings / Coronavirus: 3 Nigerian Church Buildings That Can Be Used As Treatment Centres / Big Church Gospel Talent Show Commences Online Exhibition For Dancers, Singers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by felixomor: 8:34pm On Dec 02, 2018
princfred:
lol maybe the guy full name na flexible mor0n. Soo the short form is, you know,...... grin

"Flexible" "mor0n" grin
When a f00! Gets a dictionary
He begins to combine words out of concord.

Ignorance is really expensive.

1 Like

Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by PropertyDeals(f): 8:36pm On Dec 02, 2018
This is interesting.

But what's more interesting is the offer in my signature below as profitable as it is. Click on the WhatsApp Chat link in for inquiries.
Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by PropertyDeals(f): 8:40pm On Dec 02, 2018
This is interesting...

But what's more interesting is the offer in my signature below as profitable as it is. Click on the WhatsApp Chat link in for inquiries.
Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by NPComplete: 8:41pm On Dec 02, 2018
felixomor:

Hehehe. See epistle
The anencephalic dolt is still pained grin

So now u have agreed u are the jobless person abi? Lol. I must have touched a nerve

Like I said stop projecting. A lot of people on Nairaland are doing far better than u in life. Just get used to it.

1 Like

Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by NPComplete: 8:44pm On Dec 02, 2018
princfred:
lol maybe the guy full name na flexible mor0n. Soo the short form is, you know,...... grin

Lol. U get am well. Felixomor has always had the reputation of inimitable stupidity on Nairaland. Unfortunately the guy has no shame. And he will keep coming back to disgrace his both his progeny and ancestors. It is most likely a curse.

1 Like

Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by felixomor: 8:48pm On Dec 02, 2018
NPComplete:

[s]Lol. U get am well. Felixomor has always had the reputation of inimitable stupidity on Nairaland. Unfortunately the guy has no shame. And he will keep coming back to disgrace his both his progeny and ancestors. It is most likely a curse[/s].

NPComplete:

[s]So now u have agreed u are the jobless person abi? Lol. I must have touched a nerve

Like I said stop projecting. A lot of people on Nairaland are doing far better than u in life. Just get used to it[/s].
As usual,
Rubbish grin

Next please
Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by princfred(m): 8:48pm On Dec 02, 2018
NPComplete:

Lol. U get am well. Felixomor has always had the reputation of inimitable stupidity on Nairaland. Unfortunately the guy has no shame. And he will keep coming back to disgrace his both his progeny and ancestors. It is most likely a curse.

Ancestors too oo.....Chai grin Maybe we need to be ashamed for him too.
Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by princfred(m): 8:52pm On Dec 02, 2018
felixomor:

"Flexible" "mor0n" grin
When a f00! Gets a dictionary
He begins to combine words out of concord.

Ignorance is really expensive.
Am ashamed of your ancestors for you Felix the flexible mor0n. grin

I have promised HigherEd not to mess up this thread, i'll respect that, enjoy your moronic state, am off and no longer responding to you.
Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by felixomor: 8:53pm On Dec 02, 2018
princfred:

Ancestors too oo.....Chai grin Maybe we need to be ashamed for him too.

Says the peasant cool
Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by felixomor: 8:53pm On Dec 02, 2018
princfred:
[s]Am ashamed of your ancestors for you Mor0n Felix.

I have promised HigherEd not to mess up this thread soo enjoy you moronic state am off[/s].
Keep your shame
anencephalic peasant
Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by AdedoyinO(f): 8:55pm On Dec 02, 2018
1. God was not necessarily impressed with the building of the temple. How do i know?

a. He never asked for that kind of temple to be built for Him. He was only impressed with the heart David had towards Him to have decided to build a temple. See 2 Samuel 7:1-17.Emphasis vs 5-7; 1 Kings 8: 16-18.

b. God was more interested in Solomom walking in His statues and executing His judgement than in the house Solomon built for Him. 1 Kings 6:12-13.

c. Although God blessed the temple as Solomon requested, He equally placed judgement on it if they failed to obey His laws. 1Kings 9:6-9. The temple was gradually stripped off its gold and silver and eventually destroyed by the Chaldeans.

1 Like

Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by nellynonso: 8:58pm On Dec 02, 2018
In order to support what you say, you should quit your job and start living in your big church, and whenever you fall sick please don’t ever see a doctor, your big church will heal you too.
bobowaja:
You are on point Mr OP.

Who needs a factory when there is a big church to pray for God's favor?

Who needs a good and standard hospital when a big church can perform miracles and heal and cure our sickness?

And why should we build our country individually when we can build big church as our own mode of development. Big churches beautifies the environment of course.

Who needs to open a big business when you can just open a big church and earn in several currencies? This atheist are too dumb to realize that our church is the business of our God and it yields its dividends.

Who needs security when it is the sole responsibility of the government. We don't need to ensure our security but blame the government when the terrorists knocks on our doors?

May God bless the big shops sorry churches of our pastors and make them flourish among the abject poverty of their sheep. And we shall by the grace of our God always contribute towards the good work of God even though all we can achieve is a mighty house in heaven.

May these fooli*h atheist perish in the everlasting fire our father is providing for them. Amen.

Hallelujah!!!
Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by AdedoyinO(f): 9:20pm On Dec 02, 2018
2. Poor people had always mattered to God even before Solomon's era.

He talked about not oppressing the poor, widows and fatherless in the entirety of the Bible.

3. Yes, there should be poor people during Solomon's era; Jesus said 'the poor you will always have with you'.

However, Solomon's reign brought huge prosperity to the land and people. 1Kings 10: 8-9. Vs 27 says 'And the king made silver to be in Jerusalem as stones, and cedars made he to be as the sycomore trees...', vs 21 says silver was accounted as nothlng in the days of Solomon.
Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by sheyoroniyen(m): 9:21pm On Dec 02, 2018
HigherEd:
1) Why Was God Happy About The Construction Of Solomon's Temple?

2) Did Poor People Matter To God During Solomon's Era Or Was God Merely Concerned About Temples?

3) Where There Poor People In Isreal When Solomon Built The Temple?

4) Why Didn't God Complain When Taxes Collected MANDATORILY From The Rich And Poor Was Used In Constructing The Temple Which Would Cost Billions Of Naira In Today's Economy?

5) Why Did God Not Tell Solomon To Use The Temple's Budget To Feed The Poor?

6) If God Despite The Existence Of Poor People Felt Honored And Excited About The Temple Built In His Honor, How Are You Sure He Isn't Happy About The Cathedrals Also Being Built In His Honour Today?

7) Where The Worshippers In The Solomon's Temple Perfect People?

cool Did The Inperfections Of Solomon Nullify The Gift He Gave To God?

9) Is It Possible That God Is Still Happy That An Impoverished Nation Like Nigeria Still Has Worshippers Dedicating Great Buildings In His Name?

you made less or no sense at all.....,.......hw many cathedral are dere in developed countries........ even with d number of churches in nigeria....poverty is sky rocketing, ritual killing is increasing day by day.......you come here making sily assumptions abt God as if you know God's mind............i hope we pray our way to development........ it seem china also prayed dere way to development... grin
HigherEd:

2) Did Poor People Matter To God During Solomon's Era Or Was God Merely Concerned About Temples?

4) Why Didn't God Complain When Taxes Collected MANDATORILY From The Rich And Poor Was Used In Constructing The Temple Which Would Cost Billions Of Naira In Today's Economy?

6) If God Despite The Existence Of Poor People Felt Honored And Excited About The Temple Built In His Honor, How Are You Sure He Isn't Happy About The Cathedrals Also Being Built In His Honour Today?

9) Is It Possible That God Is Still Happy That An Impoverished Nation Like Nigeria Still Has Worshippers Dedicating Great Buildings In His Name?

you made less or no sense at all.....,.......hw many cathedral are dere in developed countries........ even with d number of churches in nigeria....poverty is sky rocketing, ritual killing is increasing day by day.......you come here making sily assumptions abt God as if you know God's mind............i hope we pray our way to development........ it seem china also prayed dere way to development...

1 Like

Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by drmikeadams(m): 9:31pm On Dec 02, 2018
If germans ;japanese ;koreans were busy building churches,,all dese yeye pastors for no see luxury cars drive,,,make huna continue dey build church grin cheesy,,,..anu manu,,,,,blind followers continue donating ur cash....

1 Like

Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by oruma19: 9:47pm On Dec 02, 2018
HigherEd:

Bro, let me sound like a good christian for once, i wont insult u but do u know Yehoshua (Jesus)? Is He relevant in ur life? How come u dont read the new testament na? Pls old things are past away..remember Jesus is the perfection of all the laws and prophets. Learn about Jesus pls. Forget solomon and his temple. Thank God i was able to comment without insulting u cos i actually almost said u a dumb.
Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:48pm On Dec 02, 2018
spongeisback:
OP you're pure evil WOW!

How many temples was built during the during the time of Solomon? Solomon built ONE(1) temple for all of Israel, so this men of god that claim to be directed by the "holy spirit" why can't they build one temple like Solomon since you want to make that comparison.

Why do "Oyedopo's sons" need different mega structures if they're really inspired by god and not
greed?!

Oyedopo built his, eneche followed and David's own shrine is under construction. Why's it that they're all following the same template?
1) build church
2) build expensive school
3) build a city
4) rinse and repeat
If this doesn't tell you no God sent this men I don't know what will, but you're blinded by greed and ignorance and you feel "oh if I keep supporting them one day I will get mine"

Of course "god" is happy that an impoverished nation like Nigeria is building temples for him, he's sooooooo happy that he's blessing us. Last week while the dedication of the "glory dome" was going on we lost our biggest oil buyer....thank you god!
Ritual killings is on the all time high because of the level of poverty and hunger...you're awesome god!

Compare now to when the Pentecostal vampires haven't flooded Nigeria to then when we had fewer churches and no mega structures....god is really really happy!

Thank you daddy god!!!!

Satan is so wicked.

I expect him to equip you guys that he sends on mission to ridicule the church with some little amount of Sense at least. But the reverse is the case most of you argue blindly. And its a pity.

When I hear many of you argue I wonder if you reason with half of the brain or you don't use it at all.

By the nature of my profession I have traveled to lots of African countries and I was first baffled when they hate Nigerians so much but after some time I discovered their hate is based on pure Jealousy.

They claim Nigerians come to their countries to take their money because Nigerians are always successful.
One question I use to ask them is Do they pick your money on the road? They work for the money.

Same way you guys blame Christians for the woes of the country because of jealousy and hate.

You claimed that while the Eneche Dome was being commissioned Nigeria was losing our Biggest Oil Buyer.

And fuckinng what?

Who's fault?

Let Nigeria lose the whole of her Economy as long as the Children of God are not part of the Thieves that run her down, as long as they continue to do well in it. God is pleased.

So because Nigeria is losing her Oil Buyer Christians should not build church or not commission the one built.

Is the Church Responsible for her woes?

In fact your reasoning stinks!

How many Christians do you find in Politics. And among those with Christian Names how many are genuine Christians.

Ooh You wonder if God is happy if an impoverished Nation like Nigeria is building temples.

I will tell you that God is Very Happy that His Children are doing wonders in an Evil and Sick impoverished Nation like Nigeria.

Christians will continue to excellent and do greater things than this in the midst of poverty.

That alone is a mystery that Satan himself can't explain and he and his children like you will continue to wail.

The Bible says " with your eyes you shall see the reward of the wicked and non shall come near you ..."

Its says when the world says there is a cast down thou shall say there is a lifting up.

So the Church is not responsible for your woes, stop blaming the Church for the recklessness of your politicians.

Building a Church has nothing to do with Nigeria's misfortune.

Christians are not Complaining and its their money.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by ollah2: 9:53pm On Dec 02, 2018
LeBron James didn't talk about the government before giving back to the community by building a free school with free lunch, free bike, free uniforms etc.

LeBron James did this with his own money

LeBron James would be categorised as hell gatekeeper by Nigerian Pentecostal pastors.

Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by LemonBoy1: 10:14pm On Dec 02, 2018
spongeisback:
OP you're pure evil WOW!

How many temples was built during the during the time of Solomon? Solomon built ONE(1) temple for all of Israel, so this men of god that claim to be directed by the "holy spirit" why can't they build one temple like Solomon since you want to make that comparison.

Why do "Oyedopo's sons" need different mega structures if they're really inspired by god and not
greed?!

Oyedopo built his, eneche followed and David's own shrine is under construction. Why's it that they're all following the same template?
1) build church
2) build expensive school
3) build a city
4) rinse and repeat
If this doesn't tell you no God sent this men I don't know what will, but you're blinded by greed and ignorance and you feel "oh if I keep supporting them one day I will get mine"

Of course "god" is happy that an impoverished nation like Nigeria is building temples for him, he's sooooooo happy that he's blessing us. Last week while the dedication of the "glory dome" was going on we lost our biggest oil buyer....thank you god!
Ritual killings is on the all time high because of the level of poverty and hunger...you're awesome god!

Compare now to when the Pentecostal vampires haven't flooded Nigeria to then when we had fewer churches and no mega structures....god is really really happy!

Thank you daddy god!!!!

Which biggest buyer?
Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by wisdomkid: 10:17pm On Dec 02, 2018
bobowaja:
You are on point Mr OP.

Who needs a factory when there is a big church to pray for God's favor?

Who needs a good and standard hospital when a big church can perform miracles and heal and cure our sickness?

And why should we build our country individually when we can build big church as our own mode of development. Big churches beautifies the environment of course.

Who needs to open a big business when you can just open a big church and earn in several currencies? This atheist are too dumb to realize that our church is the business of our God and it yields its dividends.

Who needs security when it is the sole responsibility of the government. We don't need to ensure our security but blame the government when the terrorists knocks on our doors?

May God bless the big shops sorry churches of our pastors and make them flourish among the abject poverty of their sheep. And we shall by the grace of our God always contribute towards the good work of God even though all we can achieve is a mighty house in heaven.

May these fooli*h atheist perish in the everlasting fire our father is providing for them. Amen.

Hallelujah!!!

Black man and his wisdom...
Yet, they're doom forever.

So the church should provide all the basis amenities, and the government should kindly be eating our money, abi? grin
I Like Nigerians oh grin grin

The church is the problem of Nigerians now..
It's the cause of Joblessness in Nigeria
High price of Oil

1 Like

Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by salford1: 10:21pm On Dec 02, 2018
princfred:
Building only Cathedrals without equal or even more focus on those weightier matters you youself pointed out is wrong. Remember what Jesus told the rich man who talked good on how he gives to the church....."sell all you have, give it to the poor"........can any of the pastors do what Jesus said ...."sell all and give to the poor" or can they do what the apostles did.....share contributions to the poor....until then their big cathedrals are, you know............
In my church. That is exactly what we do. Gave majority of our donation to feed the poor in Africa, Asia and South America. However my church is not in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by Iamzik: 10:36pm On Dec 02, 2018
HigherEd:

Only one question for you....

HOW MANY TEMPLES WERE IN ISRAEL??
Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by Iamzik: 10:51pm On Dec 02, 2018
kareemkamil:
Any common Nigeria who adopt this is a big fool. How many churches Jesus Christ built, where did Jesus Christ said will should be exterblish churches. Christianity is a false religion.

The head slammer also has an opinion...
Move your a s s over to your passworded Islamabad section

1 Like

Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by Oritsewhandey(m): 11:20pm On Dec 02, 2018
HigherEd:

HigherEd or Higher Education;
You hurdled tertiary institution and still can RULE OVER YOUR TENSES?
Please, change those 'WHERE' to 'WERE'
God bless you my brother. One love.

2 Likes

Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by seguno2: 11:30pm On Dec 02, 2018
desiredhome:

your blind mind should be open to let you know that there are people who are not Christian yet they are living far better than a lot of you greedy follower of man instead of worshiping God.
Suffering and smiling

Is Dangote a Christian or Rabiu, Buhari, Gandollar and the other northern Muslims?
Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by benedictuyi(m): 12:33am On Dec 03, 2018
I just want to categorically say that the OP is a renowned Idiot.
To the op and the people like him, my advice is to seek the right knowledge about Christianity

1 Like

Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by KingSango(m): 1:10am On Dec 03, 2018
HigherEd:

Well He was happy when the Temple was built. So by that assumption he is probably happy about glory dome, faith tabernacle, potters house and the likes.

God is not a fool, he knows man and His treacherous soul more than anyone ever. He sees how they build multi billion stadiums across the world and spend their lifetime chanting and hailing football stars but remember industries and poor people when same is done for him.

The truth is God built an entire human race for self glory, an entire league of Angels was adorned to praise Him. Whether you like it or not that is who He his. Our ambitions, economy, vision is expected to be secondary to our Worship of Him.

My life philosophy is this Nothing must be built that has never been built for God God doesn't mind his worshippers raising praises for him at Wembley stadium or O2Arena.

A truth that transcends scripture is this, whenever something good is done in God's name he seems to appreciate and accept it despite the political incorrectness. The expensive perfume used on Jesus is another example.

You try too high for elegance. No need to be graceful to greedy cult run churches who lavious in riches of off the death of widows and poor mothers. Women are the sheep not the man. Sheep are female ram, the male ram never follow Shepard but will head smash him. The woman is sacred. Communities suffer because grandmother's suffer and can't help their daughter and grandchildren eat because they have nothing to eat. Christianity keeps communities in poverty always waiting government spending to come their way. Projects could be completed with all the money given to tithes and the pastors grandizement. Let's see how much money these cults will make with a dome that can pack a 100,000 sheep. 300 Naira a head would easily equal a several million Naira a session. This dome will pay for itself in no time and the pastors will be back in profits.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by geezyk(m): 1:10am On Dec 03, 2018
HigherEd:

Great contribution. However it is arguable that Nigeria today has far more mineral wealth than the Isrealites but pure mismanagement brought us to where we are. This is why we must hold our govt accountable on all levels to acheive the desired results that we desire.

And of course there were very poor people in Isreal. There is no need to argue about that.

Of course we are to build the body and not structures but you don't expect enenche to lay members on the sea shoreline. The cathedral he built realistcally cannot contain his members. Branching out will also cost more so what do you expect him to do.

Next time you guys should hold sai baba, obj, gej, ibb, tinubu for the state of the nation and leave adeboye et al out of this.
Truer words have never been said, kudos to you.
Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by es144000: 3:51am On Dec 03, 2018
HigherEd:

This was the old testament when God dwelt in temples made by men which was a sample of that which was to come.Today we are that temple and God dwells in us.Is there anywhere in the new testament the apostles built any structure?
Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by semyman: 4:06am On Dec 03, 2018
Churches and pastors on the prosperity train are behind most of the ritual killings in Nigeria
Re: Questions For People Against Big Church Buildings In Nigeria by princfred(m): 5:20am On Dec 03, 2018
salford1:

In my church. That is exactly what we do. Gave majority of our donation to feed the poor in Africa, Asia and South America. However my church is not in Nigeria.
Wow this is beautiful and in line with true christianity. Now people (even government people) will see you are different from the world and seek to learn and improve.

Really commendable. Some churches, though few also tow that part in Nigeria. Last sunday in one of the church, I heard, it was about donating to HIV patience and for pastors welfare since many pastors dont have the chance to run a business as they have to attend to members when they call. All members responded to the call gallantly without telling them to go meet the government like is usually the go to response of some members of some other church.

Its phony that one has to go out of his way to explain such a concept to even most of the church members in Nigeria as its such an alien idea to them because most of their pastors skip the part of giving to the poor as a matter of priority and church responsibility even though it was soo infancized in the Bible. How about establishing a branch in Nigeria where your kind of christianity will be practised? It will really help to shine the light so people see what is obtainable in saner climes by people dedicated to helping people as a matter of culture and not waiting on government first.

If only the churches in Nigeria will have that kind of sense and imbibe the concept you practise there wont be need for you to contribute to feed Nigerians as their contribution will be enough to extend to even other African nations. Its a big shame and pity that whites will be cintributing to feed Africans while Afticans will be contributing to pursue their leaders self aggrandizemenr goals and be pushing them to blame government even blame whites sometimes for their hunger without making it a top priority like you do to alleviate their poor state. I dont where they learnt such irresponsible self centered brand of Christianity from as they cant sensible put the blame on the Bible on apostles or on missionaries. Such a shame on blacks Church leaders others are contributing mainly to feed their flock while they get their flock contributing mainly to build auditoriums. I wonder who will feed their flock if others stop contributing mainly to feed them aha government! I wonder if they want people to blame government for the Church little comparative sense of responsible towards their fellow blacks and contributors. And how that is sensible to them for people to blame government for the church failure to do as you wrote.

Please also pray for a better humanitarian heart for black church leaders soo they become more responsible and people oriented and stop acting like the irresponsible politicians (whom they push the people to) towards the people after collecting the peoples tithe and contributions.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

"If You Catch Your Wife Cheating & Forgive Her, Her Respect For You Will Go" / Antagonists Of The Gospel Of Infinite Grace; Answer This Question!! / Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.