Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,899 members, 7,834,985 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Is It Worth That Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Worth That Relationship? (322 Views)

Take Sex Away, Will You Still Continue In That Relationship? / If Your Boyfriend/fiance Can't Do This For You, Please Quit That Relationship. / I Finally Quit That Relationship With Irresponsible Girl (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Worth That Relationship? by Hegela(m): 6:33am On Dec 05, 2018
Uncle Segun and Aunty Funke got married. Both of them were from the Western part of Nigeria, so cultural shock wasn't a part of their expectations.

Within the first week of being married, different ways of doing things started surfacing. Stuffs Uncle Shegun never knew Aunty Funke does are the things he started seeing, and vice versa.

In fact, she never knew he snores! Like, really? How can a spiritual and 'look gooding' brother like Uncle Shegun snore when sleeping?
On the other hand, Aunty Funke does not like the smell of 'Fufu'! What? How can a woman not like the smell of Fufu when her husband's best meal should include Fufu and soup?

OK o. That one by the side, they woke up one morning, about preparing for church and when it was time to brush their teeth, Aunty Funke started pressing the toothpaste from the middle? 'Funkeee!!! How dare you press it from the middle?' He asks. 'People who press toothpaste from the middle don't have managerial skills! They can't manage resources! They are wasters!' And that's how Uncle Shegun kept ranting and his wife kept singing along. Fews days later, they divorced.

Please how much is a toothpaste in your area? Maybe around the 200 - 800 naira range. So how exactly should this be the reason why a man and his wife should divorce? Is it worth it? Maybe if they had counted their cost first before proceeding to keep arguing over toothpaste, it would not have ended this way.

"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but harsh words cause quarrels." Proverbs 15:1 (TLB).

Beloved, having a relationship is one thing; keeping the relationship is another. Praying to get married is one thing, remaining in marriage is another.

The rate of divorce around the world is skyrocketing! Never in history have we had it this bad. Couples file for divorce for the slightest of reasons. Some go into counselling sessions with a preconceived notion; others do just for the sake of it.

Challenges in every relationship or marriage are real. Don't let anyone deceive you. EVERY marriage suffers setbacks. ALL marriages and relationships have ups and downs. If anyone (man or woman) tells you they have never had issues with their spouses and they have already been married for at least 6 months, then that person is a LIAR!!!

Your '6 packs' is easier to keep or maintain when single. Trust me, the moment you get married they start reducing. Even your wife's 'figure 8' will change to 'figure 0' soon; just let her take in first!

Understand though, that the challenges you will encounter in every relationship or marriage are only placed there to make you stronger, bond you both together and ensure that you are truly knighted in love in every sense of the word.

So the next time you see a reason to raise your voice and shout at your partner, simply walk away. Don't say anything. Go and think about how the birds are able to identify their husbands and children since they all have the same feather colour. Or better still think about why corruption is still prevailing in Nigeria. Trust me, after thinking about all these, your mind would have calmed down. Then return, and discuss whatever issues are still remaining.

Usually, when you take that time apart, you will see things from a different angle! You will understand what your spouse has been trying to communicate to you.

"Post this at all the intersections, dear friends: Lead with your ears, follow up with your tongue, and let anger straggle along in the rear. God's righteousness doesn't grow from human anger." James 1:19-20 (MSG).

At the end of the day, every time you see a reason to quarrel with your spouse or anyone you're having a relationship with, ask yourself this question: 'Is this worth my relationship? If placed on a scale, will I choose this argument or my relationship?'

I call your marriage and relationships a success! God will grant you the wisdom and patience to live with your spouse in peace and sweetness. He will grant your heart's desires and before the end of this year, every delayed blessings are coming to you with speed in Jesus name! Amen.

God bless you excessively!

PS:
If you'll like to receive Jesus into your life please say this prayer: "Dear God, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge that I am a sinner. I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived. Lord, I want to start afresh; come into my heart and be the Lord of my life. Make me a new creature in You. Thank You Father. Amen!

#AlegehPrince
#TheSage!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Women:signs Of Miscarriage / I Love Myself / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.