Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:26 AM

Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m (23689 Views)

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * / For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This / Albert Einstein Is Wiser Than God (2) (3) (4)

Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by kennypoka2(m): 7:42pm On Dec 05, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
Leonardo Da vinci is way smarter and
more intelligent than einstein, and he still beleives in God!!

Where are you getting this nonsense? I hate when people lie confidently.. It pisses me off. Moreover why is leonardo's smartness so important to you? Is that why you believe in your god?

Please study to show yourself approved!!
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Blabbermouth: 8:53pm On Dec 05, 2018
LadyHal1:

Get your facts right pal Da Vinci was a gay and as crafty as a wizard the plane was first design by him.
He didn't say Da Vinci was holy, he said he Believed in God..... Einstein is no level with Da Vinci. The diff is clear
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Blabbermouth: 9:03pm On Dec 05, 2018
Alsayer:

Has it ever occurred to you that the reason why God's origins and some of his actions are hard to understand was because the Bibles were authored by men in the middle ages who had little scientific knowledge and didn't know how the world really worked?

Answer me this famous riddle: Can an all powerful and all capable God create a rock so heavy that he himself cannot lift it?

If he could not create a rock he can't lift, he cannot be an all capable God. If he could however, that would no longer make him all powerful.

Have fun with this dilemma.
Mumu, God is above the scope of Logic
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 9:19pm On Dec 05, 2018
kennypoka2:

Where are you getting this nonsense? I hate when people lie confidently.. It pisses me off. Moreover why is leonardo's smartness so important to you? Is that why you believe in your god?

Please study to show yourself approved!!
Leonardo da vinci lived nearly 400 Years before einstein yet he was able to outlearn his generation by inventing models of many machines and devices, he pioneered research and made remarkable discoveries in optics,anatomy.geology etc, wikipedia refers to him as a man "revered for his technological ingeinuity"
How do u compare the intelligence of a da vinci that created things far past his time and generation and albert einstein who only discovered things relevant and in tune with his time and generation
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by kennypoka2(m): 9:40pm On Dec 05, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
Leonardo da vinci lived nearly 400 Years before einstein yet he was able to outlearn his generation by inventing models of many machines and devices, he pioneered research and made remarkable discoveries in optics,anatomy.geology etc, wikipedia refers to him as a man "revered for his technological ingeinuity"
How do u compare the intelligence of a da vinci that created things far past his time and generation and albert einstein who only discovered things relevant and in tune with his time and generation

What are you saying? My question is, where did you get your information that Leonardo was a Christian or he believed in God? Leonardo that always poke fun at religious people!
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by vaxx: 9:48pm On Dec 05, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
This is not true. Both of them are inteligent and exhibit knowledge that is far ahead of their time.

Stop your dick measuring
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by CAPSLOCKED: 11:16pm On Dec 05, 2018
Yankiss:

No religion was forced on anyone. The Europeans and Americans got the Religion from Arabs. Did they also got forced? My brother, the TRUE GOD, YAHWEH, IS UNIVERSAL. IT IS LIKE THE AIR WE BREATHE.
Yankiss:

No religion was forced on anyone. If the Arabs forced it on our fore fathers, what about the Europeans and Americans? Are they not intelligent? Who forced it on them too? My brother, the TRUE GOD, YAHWEH, IS UNIVERSAL. IT IS LIKE THE AIR WE BREATHE.

AS IGNORANT AS EXPECTED.

Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Nobody: 11:43pm On Dec 05, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

AS IGNORANT AS EXPECTED.
But seriously...... How did these religions get to Europe from the Arabs and Jews?
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Bacteriologist(m): 12:12am On Dec 06, 2018
TheVictorious:

Atheism is a religion to someone who hasn't logically critiqued creationism

Many of these peeps believe that they'd appear to be more intelligent and shrewd than the creationist once they simply say I'm an atheist (without having any "scrutinizable" findings to weigh their stance upon). They simply follow the bandwagon, and they are no different from the majority of the people who follow religious authorities. Both are "socially conditioned" by a fallacy called argumentum ad populum.

Okay, let me ask you two quick questions: "1.is Stephen Hawken an atheist", "2. What do you understand religion to mean?"

1. What do I care for Stephen Hawking's religious affiliation? He's an atheist.

2. Religion is a system of beliefs in a god or gods.
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Yankiss(m): 1:06am On Dec 06, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

AS IGNORANT AS EXPECTED.
It is no USE debating with people like you, who deliberately choose to be ignorant and not seeking for TRUTH.
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by ijaw1stson: 6:10am On Dec 06, 2018
Damsyjay:
Thank you
you're welcome Sir
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by simplesearch: 3:23pm On Dec 06, 2018
Albert Einstein already knows better by now. If anyone scorn, disparage or hold God in contempt till discarded by death from this planet then that person is completely finished. There is definitely no hope or life in the afterlife outside God, we can brag and boast about our capacity to go far in this world without God but afterward. Even king solomon said it in one of his writings that, 'Too much learning brings weariness to the flesh', while Paul on his own stated that, 'Knowledge puffs up or makes one proud'. This is the irony of our made made quest for knowledge that conflicts and undermines God's sovereignty and existence. Many scientist have close affinity with Devils and most of their discoveries is the product of such affinity, especially those who think they can't go far outside this arrangement, God is the author of knowledge and the greatest scientist with infinite mind, whatever negative view we lesser creature hold of him therefore is inconsequential and do not amount to anything.
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Alsayer: 6:34am On Dec 09, 2018
Blabbermouth:

Mumu, God is above the scope of Logic

If God is above the scope of logic, why did he bother sending prophets and Jesus to make people understand his message?
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Alsayer: 6:40am On Dec 09, 2018
Delivar:

Let's leave the Bible alone. The Bible is what is causing all the confusion. Atheists feel because there are errors and unproven claims in the Bible it becomes the ultimate proof that there is no creator. When christians fail to explain these inconsistencies in the Bible the atheists feel like they have proven no God exists. If you want to know whether a God exists or not don't look at what the Bible says because the Bible may actually be fiction. Just grab a biology textbook and read. Then ask yourself if the things you read in the biology textbook are things that are collectively all happening by chance.

We need to accept we don't have the capacity to understand everything. Our intelligence and perception has a limit. God is just beyond our understanding. We haven't actually explained a lot happening on earth where we are living and we are trying to explain a God. That's ridiculous. We can't explain God because God is not even subject to the laws of the universe. The human mind can only explain things using the laws of the universe. The riddle you provided follows the laws of universe so it doesn't apply to God.

I can't believe anyone can type that much and not realize how ridiculous they sound. You mentioned how Christians have failed to explain everything in the Bible and you even admitted that it contains errors in it. Do you think an infallible God would present a holy book riddled with contradictions to guide a population?

Also, things in the universe do happen by chance sometimes. However, all living creatures around you are a manifestation of millions of years of evolution through trial and error. Science has already proven the remnants of evolution still inside the human genome, and yes, our kind evolved from homo habilis apes. I'll link a video below for you to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GfKZlTRNjA
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Alsayer: 6:43am On Dec 09, 2018
simplesearch:

Albert Einstein already knows better by now. If anyone scorn, disparage or hold God in contempt till discarded by death from this planet then that person is completely finished. There is definitely no hope or life in the afterlife outside God, we can brag and boast about our capacity to go far in this world without God but afterward. Even king solomon said it in one of his writings that, 'Too much learning brings weariness to the flesh', while Paul on his own stated that, 'Knowledge puffs up or makes one proud'. This is the irony of our made made quest for knowledge that conflicts and undermines God's sovereignty and existence. Many scientist have close affinity with Devils and most of their discoveries is the product of such affinity, especially those who think they can't go far outside this arrangement, God is the author of knowledge and the greatest scientist with infinite mind, whatever negative view we lesser creature hold of him therefore is inconsequential and do not amount to anything.

At least scientists are constantly finding ways to make life easier for our kind and they help us better understand our world. Religion has brought nothing but discrimination, arrogance and suffering and inequality to people. Heck, the Bible straight up says that Women are not allowed to speak in the church among other sexist verses.
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Delivar(m): 1:38pm On Dec 09, 2018
Alsayer:

I can't believe anyone can type that much and not realize how ridiculous they sound. You mentioned how Christians have failed to explain everything in the Bible and you even admitted that it contains errors in it. Do you think an infallible God would present a holy book riddled with contradictions to guide a population?

Also, things in the universe do happen by chance sometimes. However, all living creatures around you are a manifestation of millions of years of evolution through trial and error. Science has already proven the remnants of evolution still inside the human genome, and yes, our kind evolved from homo habilis apes. I'll link a video below for you to see.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2GfKZlTRNjA
I earlier told you to leave the Bible alone. I feel the bible is what is deceiving you atheists. You guys feel because the Bible contains inconsistencies it becomes a big pointer to suggest God is fake. The Bible may actually be fake. Anybody can easily write rubbish and claim it's from God. So does the Bible being fake actually become proof that a God doesn't exist?

You think evolution is behind creation? If Evolution created everything then evolution is certainly God himself cos evolution has done many intelligent things that a non-living can't do. Evolution as something of chance has failed to explain many things. If you think creation by chance is the answer then kindly explain how chance created the male and female species of many different animals. I await your explanation.
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Alsayer: 8:03am On Dec 10, 2018
Delivar:

I earlier told you to leave the Bible alone. I feel the bible is what is deceiving you atheists. You guys feel because the Bible contains inconsistencies it becomes a big pointer to suggest God is fake. The Bible may actually be fake. Anybody can easily write rubbish and claim it's from God. So does the Bible being fake actually become proof that a God doesn't exist?

You think evolution is behind creation? If Evolution created everything then evolution is certainly God himself cos evolution has done many intelligent things that a non-living can't do. Evolution as something of chance has failed to explain many things. If you think creation by chance is the answer then kindly explain how chance created the male and female species of many different animals. I await your explanation.

So you admit the Bible is fake and yet you still think God exists? If the very thing that says God is real is fake itself, how can God's existence be proven then?

Also, evolution is not God nor is it the action of God. There's no such thing as male and female species because both genders of a species would be the same species and not different species from one another. On that note, Organisms evolved to have different genders to encourage genetic diversity and prevent gene stagnation. Regardless, some creatures are hermaphroditic (snails for example) and can produce offspring independently while some species have only one sex like the all female lizard species.

If Adam and Eve existed like the Bible says, humanity would have gone extinct because a single pair of humans will not produce enough genetic diversity and their successive generations will die due to inbreeding.
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Delivar(m): 8:50am On Dec 10, 2018
Alsayer:

So you admit the Bible is fake and yet you still think God exists? If the very thing that says God is real is fake itself, how can God's existence be proven then?
This statement is making it clearer that the inaccurate Bible is what is deceiving atheists. Like I said before, any person or group of persons can write anything and claim it came from God. Therefore the Bible is not an object to be used to prove whether God exists or not. This implies that even if the Bible is fake it does not mean that God himself is fake. Studying things in existence is the ideal way to prove whether God exists or not and not the Bible

Also, evolution is not God nor is it the action of God. There's no such thing as male and female species because both genders of a species would be the same species and not different species from one another. On that note, Organisms evolved to have different genders to encourage genetic diversity and prevent gene stagnation. Regardless, some creatures are hermaphroditic (snails for example) and can produce offspring independently while some species have only one sex like the all female lizard species.
The part in bold shows you are personifying evolution as a living and intelligent entity for it to take a decision to encourage diversity and prevent gene stagnation. This thing cannot just happen by chance. Only an intelligent and conscious entity can make such a thing happen that way. You haven't explained how thousands of different advanced animals exist in pairs of male and female and STILL accurately look alike. Evolution by chance can NEVER do this. That's impossible. It's like saying a blind man can walk from Lagos to Abuja without hitting or touching any obstacle. Only something having intelligence can make creation happen this way.

If Adam and Eve existed like the Bible says, humanity would have gone extinct because a single pair of humans will not produce enough genetic diversity and their successive generations will die due to inbreeding.
I told you to leave the Bible alone. We have concluded the Bible is fake. We are now trying to prove God's existence only by looking at creation.
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Alsayer: 10:36am On Dec 10, 2018
Delivar:

This statement is making it clearer that the inaccurate Bible is what is deceiving atheists. Like I said before, any person or group of persons can write anything and claim it came from God. Therefore the Bible is not an object to be used to prove whether God exists or not. This implies that even if the Bible is fake it does not mean that God himself is fake. Studying things in existence is the ideal way to prove whether God exists or not and not the Bible

The part in bold shows you are personifying evolution as a living and intelligent entity for it to take a decision to encourage diversity and prevent gene stagnation. This thing cannot just happen by chance. Only an intelligent and conscious entity can make such a thing happen that way. You haven't explained how thousands of different advanced animals exist in pairs of male and female and STILL accurately look alike. Evolution by chance can NEVER do this. That's impossible. It's like saying a blind man can walk from Lagos to Abuja without hitting or touching any obstacle. Only something having intelligence can make creation happen this way.

I told you to leave the Bible alone. We have concluded the Bible is fake. We are now trying to prove God's existence only by looking at creation.

Your responses only make it clearer that you do not understand Jack shit about how evolution works. Also, your assessment that a male and female of the same species look alike is false because sexual dimorphism exists. Take a look at the peacocks, are you going to tell me the male and females look identical?

Evolution is a mechanism driven by the struggle of organisms to better adapt and survive in their habitats. It's why some creatures have very close relations between predator and prey. Like how the grasshopper mouse evolved a resistance to scorpion venom and how the scorpions they prey on have some of the deadliest neurotoxins to other animals.

It is not a God that drives evolution because if that were the case, God would have created all living creatures in perfect states from the start. You implying God drives evolution makes him sound incompetent because he'd be no different than a software developer releasing a broken program to the market and having to slowly improve it via consecutive software updates and patches
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Delivar(m): 12:47pm On Dec 10, 2018
Alsayer:

Your responses only make it clearer that you do not understand Jack shit about how evolution works. Also, your assessment that a male and female of the same species look alike is false because sexual dimorphism exists. Take a look at the peacocks, are you going to tell me the male and females look identical?
Just because a male and a female peacock have different feathers doesn't mean they look absolutely different. You can't also say because men grow beards there is no similarity between male and female human beings. Why didn't a male peacock look like a male lion and a female peacock look like an elephant? That's the kind of difference you should have talked about and not mentioning an irrelevant difference in feathers between male and female peacocks.

Evolution is a mechanism driven by the struggle of organisms to better adapt and survive in their habitats. It's why some creatures have very close relations between predator and prey. Like how the grasshopper mouse evolved a resistance to scorpion venom and how the scorpions they prey on have some of the deadliest neurotoxins to other animals.
You have made it sound like animals are the ones deciding what to evolve into in an effort to survive. A lot of animals in existence would wish they will be able to disappear out of sight or transform to a grass whenever they are in danger of being hunted by predators. That's part of a struggle to survive. So my question is, since is this is a part of a struggle to survive why hasn't any animal evolved to a varnishing animal or an animal that can transform to a log of wood to escape preys? I hope you understand this question.
And how did evolution decide the grasshopper mouse needs anti venom to survive the Scorpion venom? You keep talking about evolution like it's a living intelligent force who knows what it's doing. You are indirectly recognising the existence of an intelligent being in evolution but you don't realise it.

It is not a God that drives evolution because if that were the case, God would have created all living creatures in perfect states from the start. You implying God drives evolution makes him sound incompetent because he'd be no different than a software developer releasing a broken program to the market and having to slowly improve it via consecutive software updates and patches
How did you know things weren't created in perfect states from the start? Were you around witnessing when creation or your evolution was happening? So you have no authority to say whether things were created in a perfect state or not. And what exactly is your definition of perfect? If something is imperfect to you it doesn't mean it is imperfect to God because you don't exactly know God's intention for leaving things the way they are. God is not a human being like you with your limited intelligence and understanding so you in no position to say creation is imperfect.

Nigeria @ 58: Why Nigeria Is Not Great – Pastor Kumuyi / The Spiritual Controls The Physical / Pastor Paul Enenche: Compulsory Vaccination Is From The Pit Of Hell (Video)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86