Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,721 members, 7,816,970 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m (23676 Views)

Einstein On Freewill; Atheists & Religionists Respond * / For Atheist Doubting God , How Do You Explain This / Albert Einstein Is Wiser Than God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Megaflex(m): 1:25pm On Dec 05, 2018
Princeofnigeria:
for this word you just wrote if something bad didn't happen to you before this year ends know I'm not called
You're a fool for threatening someone with ur bullshit religion. Nothing will happen to him because ur god is a MIRAGE

2 Likes

Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Nobody: 1:25pm On Dec 05, 2018
Yankiss:

I understand that you need a little guidance. Sometimes I think like you do, but honestly there reigns an Almighty God. what we think is immaterial. God exists. How did life come about here on earth? By chance? Look at the sophistication of human beings design - our eyes, ears, brain, etc and the complex functions they perform. Doesn't this show you that a being greater than us was responsible for all that intricacy of design? Was ever a building that was never conceived and built? Have u ever seen a car that no one labored at to bring to being?

How did God come to exist? It says we are created in his image. Who is responsible for the complex intricacies of God?
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Megaflex(m): 1:30pm On Dec 05, 2018
HappyPagan:

Lol.

Since bad thing go happen to me, make I talk all the bad thing wey dey my mind

Jesus' mother was a lying hoe.

Jesus' father Joseph was an idiot. How will he believe his wife slept and woke up pregnant?

Jesus was a bastard. Still is... Thats why on the cross he screamed "Father, father, why have you forsaken me"?

Virgin Mary was not a virgin. Just like the Bible is not a Good Book.

May the evil you wish upon me, the evidence of your calling, be a sweet smelling sacrifice to your God.
Hahahaha
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Megaflex(m): 1:31pm On Dec 05, 2018
Grupo:

Yes o, Einstein is a very foolish man. Imagine, how could he not believe that snakes were talking in the past, donkeys were speaking, and there was a flood that destroyed the whole world? Coincidentally, all these happened in a small enclave in the middle east. Einstein the foolish man.
Hahahaha
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Nobody: 1:49pm On Dec 05, 2018
HappyPagan:
God is a mirage.

Just like man.
Your moniker says it all
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Lihyunpark(m): 1:50pm On Dec 05, 2018
kereman1:
Altho I hvnt read d Quran, and I don't know much about d religion. But I feel d Bible is a story book made up by d Roman or whatever nation, for them to blame their inefficient and shortcomings on some1 or something,
Right from the beginning when God created Adam and Eve, why did he plant d apple tree in their reach?
Wat is d usefulness of d tree?
Why sud God punish every1 for one person's mistake.
Why do we have more than one religion wit diff God and method of worship.
The Bible is simply filled with stories that never existed,

I also don't believe in diabolical this, harvesting humans part for ritual, charms, all those thgs are bullshiit.

what do you believe in?
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by frankblinkz(m): 1:53pm On Dec 05, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
The way white people auction things at super high prices marvels me, put that letter for auction in Nigeria and see if they will price it up to 200k!!
did u say 200k,Bros highest it gonna be priced is 5k....this is naija ooo
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Delivar(m): 2:01pm On Dec 05, 2018
Grupo:

Yes o, Einstein is a very foolish man. Imagine, how could he not believe that snakes were talking in the past, donkeys were speaking, and there was a flood that destroyed the whole world? Coincidentally, all these happened in a small enclave in the middle east. Einstein the foolish man.
I know the problem with you atheists. You guys are using the inconsistencies in the Bible as PROOF there is no God. I actually don't believe in the Bible but I believe there is a God and the evidence is in the intelligent organisation of things in the universe. Let's say the Bible is fake, but does it mean there is no creator? Have you really asked yourself this question?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by HappyPagan: 2:03pm On Dec 05, 2018
enemyofprogress:
to use you do ritual just dey hungry me
Your ignorance is commendable.
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by openmine(m): 2:04pm On Dec 05, 2018
GreatrAnalyst:

Thank you.
It is surprising that Einstein wrote something like that. My first time of hearing it.
He as enigma had many quotes attributed to existence of the Divine God...most likely towards the end of his life his hyper intelligence, IQ, got the better of him.
Charles Darwin too started a believer then until something happened in his latter years. Sometimes Too much knowledge and grand personal achievements can be dangerous.

God is R E A L and much more!

Don't quote me if your belief is contrary. Argument, not today
True!
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Vabasi(m): 2:09pm On Dec 05, 2018
I was reading the comments on this tread carefully and was almost left bewildered, before i came to this. At last there is a sensible person.

Yankiss:

I understand that you need a little guidance. Sometimes I think like you do, but honestly there reigns an Almighty God. what we think is immaterial. God exists. How did life come about here on earth? By chance? Look at the sophistication of human beings design - our eyes, ears, brain, etc and the complex functions they perform. Doesn't this show you that a being greater than us was responsible for all that intricacy of design? Was ever a building that was never conceived and built? Have u ever seen a car that no one labored at to bring to being? The bible is factual. Places mentioned in the bible are still here with us - the ruin of Babylon, Jerusalem, Syria, Egypt, Persia ( present day Iran), Mesopotamia, etc. That we do not understand certain things doesn't mean they are irrational or doesn't exist. It only means that our knowledge has limits. Look at the immensity of the universe. The stars, the planets, etc. Human beings are yet to unravel them all. In fact the proportion of the visible universe we have known is only less than one billionth of the universe. Think of all these. That I do not understand Latin or Greek doesn't mean these languages are unintelligible.

Again, a devil exists. It also has powers. But God is far greater. The devil gives you gifts that add sorrows. God gives of His fullness. Thus while you may have to sacrifice and do rituals to propagate demonically, God gives you freely and in all fullness. The choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Mccullum: 2:13pm On Dec 05, 2018
Bloooody:

So God was the one who made him to spend those sleepless nights studying?
Those parties he missed just to study?
The hard work he put into everything?
The sweat?
The stress?
Man some people aren't normal on this site.

You too can deny the existence of God and that won't stop Him from being God... I observed you're ignorant and people of your type always think that scriptures on Holy Books were tales written by one historian but it'll be clear until when you enter grave that there's God.
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by finalboss(m): 2:16pm On Dec 05, 2018
PhenomenalMorgan:
The way white people auction things at super high prices marvels me, put that letter for auction in Nigeria and see if they will price it up to 200k!!
shut up, what do you knw ?
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 05, 2018
openmine:
God does not play dice - Albert Einstein
"Don't tell God what to do with his dice" - Neils Bohr grin That shows Einstein himself was a confused guy grin
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Delivar(m): 2:18pm On Dec 05, 2018
kmcutez:

How did God come to exist? It says we are created in his image. Who is responsible for the complex intricacies of God?
The problem with humans like you is that you think that thing you house in your skull called a brain can explain and understand everything. That is just the problem. The day you accept your brain has a limitation in power and understanding is the day you will stop asking that question. To human understanding, everything in existence must have a beginning. But this law may not be the same outside the universe we exist. Things are not the way the are just because we see it that way.
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by openmine(m): 2:19pm On Dec 05, 2018
Noel1:
"Don't tell God what to do with his dice" - Neils Bohr grin That shows
grin
He was only trying to let Bohr know that God is not confused....Whatever he said or did was always for a purpose!
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Nobody: 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2018
openmine:

grin
He was only trying to let Bohr know that God is not confused....Whatever he said or did was always for a purpose!
He then went ahead to deny the existence of the same God? Einstein was confused grin
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by finalboss(m): 2:24pm On Dec 05, 2018
Valdblngx:
One can't possibly be smart as Einstein and still believe in magical sky genie cheesy cheesy
you re right
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by openmine(m): 2:26pm On Dec 05, 2018
Noel1:
He then went ahead to deny the existence of the same God? Einstein was confused grin
There are other quotes which still proves he believes in the existence of God!
Just just brought up that quote because it was my favourite!
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by openmine(m): 2:37pm On Dec 05, 2018
As a child I received instruction both in the Bible and in the Talmud. I am a Jew, but I am enthralled by the luminous figure of the Nazarene . . . . No one can read the Gospels without feeling the actual presence of Jesus. His personality pulsates in every word. No myth is filled with such life. Jesus is too colossal for the pen of phrase-mongers, however artful. No man can dispose of Christianity with a bon mot.”

–Albert Einstein, as cited in “What Life Means to Einstein,” The Saturday Evening Post, October 26, 1929.
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by vaxx: 2:38pm On Dec 05, 2018
Thugaa:
so did he accept god by this letter? You need to read and read that letter until you understand it. You can not get to the level of Eistein and still believe in fairy tales religious stories and beliefs. But everyone will get to that height of mind energy, we are all growing
— he is rejecting the idea of a “personal god”, a benevolent, human-like entity who took an interest in human affairs. He did not describe himself as an atheist, not in anyway what so ever.though he did not believe in an afterlife — he believed that God existed, but that he was nebulous, universal, and not comprehensible to the human mind.

What do you elven mean by you cannot get to the Level of Einesten and still believe in fiarry tales

The most famous chemist of all time is probably Marie Curie (a Catholic, until her mother’s death drove her to agnosticism, but never outright atheism, similar to Einstein). Many great mind of esteem figure are theistic like minded.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by CAPSLOCKED: 2:38pm On Dec 05, 2018
Yankiss:

I understand that you need a little guidance. Sometimes I think like you do, but honestly there reigns an Almighty God. what we think is immaterial. God exists. How did life come about here on earth? By chance? Look at the sophistication of human beings design - our eyes, ears, brain, etc and the complex functions they perform. Doesn't this show you that a being greater than us was responsible for all that intricacy of design?

THEREFORE THIS GREATER BEING MUST BE YAHWEH, THE GOD OF YOUR PARENTS PARENTS THAT WAS FORCED ON THEM BY THE SLAVE MASTERS FROM EUROPE.. HAHAHA

6 Likes

Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by justli: 2:46pm On Dec 05, 2018
kereman1:
Altho I hvnt read d Quran, and I don't know much about d religion. But I feel d Bible is a story book made up by d Roman or whatever nation, for them to blame their inefficient and shortcomings on some1 or something,
Right from the beginning when God created Adam and Eve, why did he plant d apple tree in their reach?
Wat is d usefulness of d tree?
Why sud God punish every1 for one person's mistake.
Why do we have more than one religion wit diff God and method of worship.
The Bible is simply filled with stories that never existed,

I also don't believe in diabolical this, harvesting humans part for ritual, charms, all those thgs are bullshiit.

ROMAN'S wrote the bible? Shows how shallow you are and secondly, how you know nothing other than bible stories you read as a child.

2 Likes

Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 2:48pm On Dec 05, 2018
Valdblngx:
One can't possibly be smart as Einstein and still believe in magical sky genie cheesy cheesy
Leonardo Da vinci is way smarter and
more intelligent than einstein, and he still beleives in God!!
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by theoriginalgood: 2:50pm On Dec 05, 2018
CallMeGod:
Tell them grin grin

Nobody has seen God in all his glory, that’s why there’s all this doubt. It’s not God’s mission to appear to any human. What makes you believe God and humanity are even friends? People all die someday while God lives forever. The two are definitely not equal.

https://www.nairaland.com/4831069/truth-set-free-john-8
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by oluxy(m): 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2018
HappyPagan:
God is a mirage.

Just like man.

You will soon know but then it will be too late for you to know He's not.
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by openmine(m): 2:51pm On Dec 05, 2018
justli:

ROMAN'S wrote the bible? Shows how shallow you are and secondly, how you know nothing other than bible stories you read as a child.
grin
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by OpenYourEyes1: 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2018
Einstein believed in God. "God does not play dice" was his quote while researching a phenomenon called Quantum Entanglement.

This is probably fake or was his beliefs in his early years in scientific research.

1 Like

Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by abbatoir(m): 3:04pm On Dec 05, 2018
Ok
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by Yankiss(m): 3:08pm On Dec 05, 2018
kmcutez:

Do you actually know your great great grand parents really well? Some questions are rather beyond our depth. It is safe to understand that we have a Supreme father. Asking me who made Him is like asking me to teach Greek in school. It is beyond our depth.
Re: Albert Einstein Letter Doubting God Auctioned For $2.89m by meobizy(f): 3:16pm On Dec 05, 2018
While Nairalanders continue to argue God vs Atheists I am here marveling at what Jay Z said:

“buy a portrait for two million/ a few years later that s-hit will sell for four million/ a few years later eight million/ I’m only waiting to pass it to my grand kids/“.

This letter appreciated from 400,000 USD in 2008 to 2.89m USD yesterday.
Give it twelve years or more, this thing will sell for 50 - 80m USD one day.
It’s now I understand why white people take original documents and artworks seriously.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Obadare To Be Buried In Gold- Plated Casket. / Nigeria @ 58: Why Nigeria Is Not Great – Pastor Kumuyi / Is The Hebrew Monotheistic Belief A Product Of Religious Syncretism?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.