Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,963 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:14 AM

Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers (71647 Views)

Do DSS ON Suit Wear Bullet Proof Vest? / DSS Raids Bandit Camp In Kaduna, Intercepts ‘Sophisticated Weapons’ / Fulanis Herdsmen Marching Into Southern States With Sophisticated Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Nobody: 3:49pm On Feb 17, 2020
lexy2014:

How does what u said answer d questions I asked? What award did u receive for coming early? Is there a law that forbids "late coming" on NL? Meanwhile, look thru d thread & see my contributions.
Your quote came late
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by lexy2014: 8:35pm On Feb 17, 2020
Hizzy:

Your quote came late

How does what u said answer d questions I asked? What award did u receive for coming early? Is there a law that forbids "late coming" on NL?
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by NimrodEndOfDays(m): 8:46pm On Feb 17, 2020
Calibrator:
Though corruption is still rampant in the country.

After all the kickbacks have been deducted from the defense allocation.
It is more economical to arm the military with Aks than the AR 15.
Don't underestimate the power of Ak 47, it is 70% more rugged than the AR 15.

Besides America's defense budget alone is more than the entire budget of your country.
I don't even know whether to laugh or cry with this statement!!
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by LordAzubuike(f): 12:19pm On Feb 24, 2020
Fynline:
Not all use AK 4. There is a shift already from AK47.
Nigerian navy and airforce use different weapons to the army
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by orisa37: 2:46pm On Feb 24, 2020
Buhari's special Expertise, but not enough to defeat Bokoharam. It's to protect RIFA.
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by richeeyo(m): 12:09pm On Feb 29, 2020
FarahAideed:
Pound for pound the AK47 is a better and more deadly rifle by every yardstick ...The Tarvor BullPup is just a carbine for close qtr fire fights and can't stand the AK 47 in any yardstick ..May Ignorance not let us make the wrong choices in Jesus Name
The American AR-15 is a better gun than the Ak47
M16, M4 Cabin are all better than the Ak
With good Accuracy and Recoil
The Ak is very bad when its on full Automatic, in a simple term it just prays all over with out a pin point accuracy
Even with a foregrip its still a mess
Nigeria soldiers are adding a foregrip which is just more like Making it look good looking than working better,
The Ak is good as a Rebel choice weapons not as an organized army weapon, even the Russian army dumped it long ago
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by richeeyo(m): 12:18pm On Feb 29, 2020
FarahAideed:

An AR15 is a full rifle and not a carbine ..know the difference
It as a carbine
The rail are just changed
They sell the carbine rain as modification
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by richeeyo(m): 12:20pm On Feb 29, 2020
NimrodEndOfDays:
I don't even know whether to laugh or cry with this statement!!
Bro abeg lecture am
AR 15 can fire longer than Ak47 without jamming
AR 15 is more rugged and lighter
Watch you tube videos of the argument
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by richeeyo(m): 12:26pm On Feb 29, 2020
KingThreatzz:

AK47 outdated rifle? What do you know about guns? AK47 wins wars
Its outdated even the Russians dumped it along time ago
Thats why only the poor nations use it and rebels
Even Ghana army don't use it
They use the M16
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by richeeyo(m): 12:29pm On Feb 29, 2020
tstx:
In war what matters is how many rounds your weapon can expunge in a minute... Thats where Ak47 comes in.... Ak47 is the most deadly riffle ever made @op
You can shoot a thousand rounds per minute without any accuracy its nonsense
And 150 rounds with accuracy is more deadly
For the record AR shoots faster than the Ak
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by richeeyo(m): 12:31pm On Feb 29, 2020
[quote author=Fadelex post=73570372]nope...Tavor is just an advanced pistol, short range,small ammunition and slow rapid. Ak47 remain the best automatic rifle invented in terms of range (450yards)and rapid. G3 and Fabric national (FN) has longer range but lower rapid response[/quote
AR 15 600 yards
Why did you skip math class ]
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by richeeyo(m): 12:34pm On Feb 29, 2020
DREAMZZZ:
which war had ak47 won?
Bro abeg i follow you dey ask oo
Name the war ooo0
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by richeeyo(m): 12:38pm On Feb 29, 2020
Kalashnikov did not design the AK 47. All of his designs were thrown out until he was moved to the design station where Hugo Schmeisser was at. Schmeisser was a German firearms designer and he designed the STG44. The AK 47 is a very similar design to the STG44. Schmeisser was captured by the Soviets at the end of the war and taken to Russia and was forced to work on Russian Weapons designs. The Soviet union did what they have always done and that is to copy another country's designs and alter them enough and then claim they designed it themselves.
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Okayobi3: 11:28am On Apr 29, 2020
Blacknight28:

I quite disagree with ur assessment on AK47 been the best out there, if u say its an all weather and terrain gun, i agree with u but when it comes to accuracy, the M4 carbine is the best.
. I disagree with you I have compared m4 and Ak47 on YouTube Ak47 is better even I can say there is no assault rifle that is better than Ak47
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Nodogragra4me(m): 11:24am On Nov 10, 2020
FunkyAlhaji2015:

It costs the US govt about 15 million naira equivalent to fully kit one soldier. Can our govt afford that?

Just the gun is what we are concerned with. Nobody is asking them to buy all the gadgets we see on the us army

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Joins ShettimaChallenge (Pictures) / Photos From The Accident Scene Of Solomon Dalung's Convoy / Nigerians Criticize Buhari After French President Was Spotted Doing This. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.