Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,674 members, 7,820,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:46 PM

Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers (71846 Views)

Do DSS ON Suit Wear Bullet Proof Vest? / DSS Raids Bandit Camp In Kaduna, Intercepts ‘Sophisticated Weapons’ / Fulanis Herdsmen Marching Into Southern States With Sophisticated Weapons (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Shookonekilla: 12:15pm On Dec 05, 2018
[s]
pooozeee:
That weapon you see with the dss has short firing range while the military has a long firing range

Dss weapon can jam at the event of dust particles does weapons of the military can't jam even in water mod or dust particles
[/s]

See the nonsense this one is typing?

Ak 47 doesn't not work in water or when flooded
.the tavor does (what the dss carry I'd a tarvor)

Close your mouth sometimes and stop talking nonsense

Tarvor doesn't jam , ak47 does notoriously

Tarvor has a longer range of fire and better recoil than the ak47

Please shut up

4 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by RealOne042: 12:15pm On Dec 05, 2018
FarahAideed:
Pound for pound the AK47 is a better and more deadly rifle by every yardstick ...The Tarvor BullPup is just a carbine for close qtr fire fights and can't stand the AK 47 in any yardstick ..May Ignorance not let us make the wrong choices in Jesus Name
Boko Boys still use AK 47? Even looking at the gun self, all I see is "Outdated" they should upgrade it
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by FarahAideed: 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2018
RealOne042:
Boko Boys still use AK 47? Even looking at the gun self, all I see is "Outdated" they should upgrade it

You know nothing about weapons ..you think aesthetics is weapons

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by bantudra: 12:16pm On Dec 05, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
balls u cant survive it
bullet proof dey chest na

chai...look wickedness....what...?
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by lexy2014: 12:17pm On Dec 05, 2018
Fynline:
Not all use AK 4. There is a shift already from AK47.

Those guys are special forces.

19 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by bantudra: 12:17pm On Dec 05, 2018
Shookonekilla:
[s][/s]

Please shut up

ak47 does work under water...i saw the video test....

1 Like

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Hoodbilonia: 12:17pm On Dec 05, 2018
call me S
cause am heartless
ruthless
fearless
my coupe roofless
kill u all on ps
bantudra:

chai...look wickedness....what...?
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Fynline(m): 12:18pm On Dec 05, 2018
More

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by QDubz(m): 12:18pm On Dec 05, 2018
bantudra:

balls....??...why balls...??...other body parts is not enough....??

In the military it called critical hits Only special forces and sniper crew make such hit. Body parts like the neck, blood vessels etc The aim is to make the enemy suffer slow,bloody, and painful death. Sumtyms it a trap!

1 Like

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by platorepublic(m): 12:18pm On Dec 05, 2018
The fundamental difference between an AR-15 and an AK-47 is that the AK-47 is a military rifle that fires more than one bullet per trigger pull, and fires a larger caliber, while the AR-15 is a civilian rifle that only fires one bullet per trigger pull and uses a smaller caliber bullet.[color=#990000][/color]
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by oluwaahmed: 12:18pm On Dec 05, 2018
The isreali Trevor (which DSS uses)is used for close quarter/urban combat operations. That does not mean it cant be used for conventional warfare with modification. N/B -NAF Specops use dis weapons too. However AK is rugged and does not jam even under water. AK hits its target faster and fires round quicker. However the AR15 is their king. Enhanced with scope for long range targets and sometimes with a grenade launcher its the ultimate death machine.
The AR 15 with grenade launcher is the standard primary weapon for US Marine Corp and USASF

14 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by foreshore(m): 12:18pm On Dec 05, 2018
yusufu16:
I think AK 47 is an outdated riffle. Anytime I see DSS officer, my heart just melt.

Why cant our military officers have those modern rifles used by US marines to fight Boko Haram.

Below is what our DSS use.

That's not true. That is the only sophisticated weapon the DSS has whereas the military have different assorted assault rifle depending on the task to be carried out

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Hoodbilonia: 12:18pm On Dec 05, 2018
soldier dey carry beards
stop fooling yoyraelf
Fynline:
More
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Shookonekilla: 12:18pm On Dec 05, 2018
[s]
SALIMAN:
Don't even name it, our DSS rifle are just plastics, they can't stand long fire rate , where DSS rifle dey tire AK-47 is just warming up
[/s]

So many ignorant dummies here typing what they don't know

See the rubbish this one typed

What is the name of the rifle the dss carry ?

See ignorance talking as if it knows what it is typing
Please I beg if you

Shut the hell up

Go and learn the difference between the two properly ..learn the name even

Rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by bantudra: 12:19pm On Dec 05, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
call me S
cause am heartless
ruthless
fearless
my coupe roofless
kill u all on ps

chai....
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by lexy2014: 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2018
Shookonekilla:
[s][/s]

Please shut up

Am sure u would have been able to make ur point without all this foul language. No one has a monopoly of knowledge & that includes u. Respect 4d opinion of others is important

6 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by foreshore(m): 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2018
yusufu16:
I think AK 47 is an outdated riffle. Anytime I see DSS officer, my heart just melt.

Why cant our military officers have those modern rifles used by US marines to fight Boko Haram.

That's not true. That is the only sophisticated weapon the DSS has whereas the military have different assorted assault rifle depending on the task to be carried out.
For your information the military also uses the Travor.
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by groovie(m): 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2018
You can't use a cutlass to do the job of a hoe. The US prefer rifles in the M series because of sentiments(1), and they prefer accuracy to power. AK packs alot of power, Ar can give u some serious accuracy. The tar 21 is for close range combat, when u need rapid fire for defence. Not for assault. The AK is full assault. The army don't go to negotiate when they are going to the field. That's why i wonder why regular policemen still carry AK as primary weapon

18 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Fynline(m): 12:20pm On Dec 05, 2018
lexy2014:

Those guys are special forces.

No they are not. They are NAF regiment

1 Like

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Nobody: 12:21pm On Dec 05, 2018
Mexyz:
Here to learn also, I seriously want to know why DSS carry such weapons and our military are asked to carry AK47.

Go read about the Vietnam war, then you'll appreciate the AK47. AK47 is for war. Very rugged, it's not called an assault rifle for nothing.

7 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by bantudra: 12:22pm On Dec 05, 2018
oluwaahmed:
The isreali Trevor (which DSS uses)is used for close quarter/urban combat operations. That does not mean it cant be used for conventional warfare with modification. N/B -NAF Specops use dis weapons too. However AK is rugged and does not jam even under water. AK hits its target faster and fires round quicker. However the AR15 is their king. Enhanced with scope for long range targets and sometimes with a grenade launcher its the ultimate death machine.
The AR 15 with grenade launcher is the standard primary weapon for US Marine Corp and USASF

tell am...somebody is trying to say that ak47 does not work under water,what is realy not true....
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by lexy2014: 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2018
Fynline:

No they are not. They are NAF regiment
NAF regiment that does what?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by peeps4u: 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2018
kingharzy:
undecided

AK-47 o0o, AR-15 o0o all i know is when y'all are done arguing you should show us proof of how you acquired knowledge of firearms (sophisticated or not) OR we invite the DSS to open your files.

Open your mind to knowledge, knowledge comes from many ways.

This thread alone has in one way or the other educated one in the knowledge of firearms.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Denikayan: 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2018
yusufu16:

Shallow question

Why does the FBI fall in same class

We talking of national security here at its peak.
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by fkj950ax(m): 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2018
The rifle carried by the DSS is the FN2000, while the Army uses the AK57 (A variant of the AK47). Most are produced in Nigeria by DICON.
The AK is cheap, rugged, easily repaired with picking a disused one on the floor and swap parts and even magazine.

The FN2000 is designed for CQB (Close Quarter Battles), while the NGArmy do not engage in a lot of CQB.

The range of the FN2000 is 500m, while the AK57 is around 350m.

The major reason for use in Nigeria is price. The AK goes for $600, while the FS2000 goes for $1500. And we save on the $600 when we build locally at DICON.

So its more about cost consideration coupled with the design of the weapon.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Shookonekilla: 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2018
[s]
VULCAN:
You have spoken well.

But you forgot to name an alternative for our army. After all Western govts don't still use AK, I understand its most popular with rebels and guerrilla fighters and even then it's the updated versions not the dinosaurs our troops are carrying

[/s]wtf

He told you a.load of garbage and you accepted as truth ?

What is the kill zone diameter of an ak47 vs the combat rifle the dss carry ?

Infact what is the model the dss carry ?

What is the recoil angle per burst of that rifle vs ak47?

What he typed was total garbage

That rifle is a hundred times better than the ak47

7 Likes

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by politicalpastor: 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2018
yusufu16:

Same question am asking, they should be used as special forces to eliminate key target in the war against boko haran like the American special forces.
Not to just protect the president who's life is not in danger
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Fynline(m): 12:23pm On Dec 05, 2018
Hoodbilonia:
soldier dey carry beards
stop fooling yoyraelf

You are the Mofo and the usual nairaland ignoramus

1 Like

Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by greenprince(m): 12:24pm On Dec 05, 2018
QDubz:

In the military it called critical hits
Only special forces and sniper crew make such hit.
Body parts like the neck, blood vessels etc
The aim is to make the enemy suffer slow,bloody, and painful death.
Sumtyms it a trap!

Damn! You ooze experience.
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by Fynline(m): 12:24pm On Dec 05, 2018
lexy2014:

NAF regiment that does what?

Primarily base protection
Re: Why Do DSS Carry Sophisticated Weapons Than Our Soldiers by bigcasava1(m): 12:24pm On Dec 05, 2018
FarahAideed:
Pound for pound the AK47 is a better and more deadly rifle by every yardstick ...The Tarvor BullPup is just a carbine for close qtr fire fights and can't stand the AK 47 in any yardstick ..May Ignorance not let us make the wrong choices in Jesus Name
u no know u no go know.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

The New Map Of Nigeria Fulani/hausa Majority. / Wike: Vote my Candidate as President, save my Political career / President Buhari, Abba Kyari, Monguno At Juma'at (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.