Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,204 members, 7,818,685 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:45 PM

Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? (42013 Views)

Prophet Oluwaseun Akinnubi Impregnates Friend’s Wife In Ondo / My Friend’s Wife Is Cheating / Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by queenfav(f): 7:58pm On Dec 07, 2018
DBestDoc:

Get ready for hospital bills, pampers, baby food, immunization and make sure you keep some cash aside for emergencies.

Things aren't smooth for them yet and they're already expecting in less than 4 months of marriage. No proper planning and the next thing is to rope God into their foolishness.

@OP only start what you can finish.

can i hug you? I am amazed at the level of some people's entitlement mentality.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by donshady(m): 7:58pm On Dec 07, 2018
FATHER Christmas cheesy
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by tabithababy(f): 8:03pm On Dec 07, 2018
donshady:
FATHER Christmas cheesy

cheesy
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Chuksmonika(m): 8:05pm On Dec 07, 2018
queenfav:
Wow.. Please barr her number. If she can't reach you, she will get the message. What kind of woman does that? Some men can even use that as an opportunity to proposition her for se.xx. That's a perfect opportunity for some bad guys to arrange how they will knack her even with that pregnancy. If she is asking for the money with her husband's consent, he would be the one to contact the op directly not her. Maybe she is seeing marriage to her husband as a mistake and wants to switch to the op. Because this is one of the most disregarding things a woman can do to her husband's ego.

Who impregnate woman different, who she dey disturb for antenatal drug dey different! They could have held off on having a baby until they are in a better place financially. But no, most Nigerians prefer to live their lives to please the society even to their detriment. She is rubbishing her husband by asking you for money. Dunno how some women see themselves sha.
leme borrow an expression that my Brother and Friend Antiriot uses frequently,I Put it to you that you are the wisest Lady in Nairaland

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by queenfav(f): 8:06pm On Dec 07, 2018
Chuksmonika:
leme borrow an expression that my Brother and Friend Antiriot uses frequently,I Put it to you that you are the wisest Lady in Nairaland
lol abeg o. That one pass me. I am just a humble realist..

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by TheCongo2: 8:09pm On Dec 07, 2018
bucho8888:

BROS FLEE OOO, AM TELLING U DIS COS SAME HAPPENED 2 ME. IF SATAN WANT CAUSE WAHALA U WOUNLDNT C IT COMING. PREFERABLY, CONTACT D HUSBAND B4 SENDING THING HER. OR ELSE D STORY WILL DEFINIETLY TOUCH D HEART

What was your story of you don't mind me asking. Please kill the CAPS.
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by obinna58(m): 8:10pm On Dec 07, 2018
alimaa:
I have a very close friend who has been like a brother to me right from our days in the university, we also worship in the same church, he was my best man when I wedded a few years ago. He got married this year and after the wedding things were not rosy for them the following month and I gave my little assistance as a friend. Around July this year his sister had a life threatening ailment and when he reached out to me I quickly responded with something meaningful. After some weeks his wife told me she was sick when we met in church, I quickly went to an ATM, made withdrawal and gave her money to buy drugs since her husband who happens to be my friend was not in town.

The irony of the whole thing now is
that my friend's wife now thinks that I am Father Christmas and now calls and sends texts requesting for money to take care of her antenatal drugs but I have refused to help because I believe it is wrong and she keeps pestering me.

Please what is your advice?

Render help to people if you think it worth it, it gives a peaceful mind, if you really think she needs help and you're in position to, forget the ones you've done before and do more for her.

Remember if only it worth it
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by delpee(f): 8:10pm On Dec 07, 2018
Why don't you give your friend and let him give his wife? Consistent direct communication with and payments to her without involving your friend could lead to trouble.

Also be careful. It's wiser to assist your friend by assisting to set him or his wife up in a viable business if he's unemployed. You'll get tired of giving someday if they don't relent. Giving is great and attracts amazing blessings but one should give those truly in need.

The Bible says a man who can not provide for his family has denied the faith. 1 Timothy 5:8. It also says a woman must be a homemaker (in summary) by being a valuable helpmate for her husband. Prov.31:10-31
She's not expected to be totally dependent on her husband.

Give by all means but plan your own life too.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by juneman: 8:13pm On Dec 07, 2018
Shibaraba:

If you ask me... Na who I go ask?
Your Bible says whatever the right does the left shouldn't know about it. You just told the world. Blessing forfeited.
You think you're helping her? You're helping yourself.
No imagine she's reading this because you described her pe[color=#006600][/color]rfectly. Ask yourself...
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by bleskid: 8:18pm On Dec 07, 2018
nothing bad about it....bro
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by negbike(f): 8:19pm On Dec 07, 2018
HarunaWest:

See it as charity...the husband doesn't have to no...abi u wan chop the thank you from him

Very stupid comment. My take is help them if you can but through her husband. This isn't proper.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Ehinmola(m): 8:23pm On Dec 07, 2018
If care is not taken, she will soon end up in your bedroom. Much as I appreciate your guestures, you still need to be very careful. Let her husband know so as to avoid issues.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Chiefochiefo(m): 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2018
With your question bro, I think you are pompous and always seek public attention cool you must be greedy and selfish in your giving. Am sure you must have also told your wife that you are doing good to your friend and you know pretty well that women talks anyhow grin Try and be conservative next time. ....Chiefo....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by negbike(f): 8:25pm On Dec 07, 2018
Oyindidi:
Call me a proud person the bolded is the reason I don't ask people for help. The woman may send you another message begging for your help later but see what you're saying behind her back. I don't think if the husband is doing well she'll come to you for help.

Mr rich man, if she ask anything from you again tell her you can't help her. She won't kill you

Very STUPID comment. The issue is that she's a MARRIED woman and asking behind her husband's back. Not proper. He's asking for advice to protect himself.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by negbike(f): 8:27pm On Dec 07, 2018
Chiefochiefo:
With your question bro, I think you are pompous and always seek public attention cool you must be greedy and selfish in your giving. Am sure you must have also told your wife that you are doing good to your friend and you know pretty well that women talks anyhow grin Try and be conservative next time. ....Chiefo....

Another DUMB comment. The issue is that she is MARRIED and going behind her husband's back. That's wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Oyindidi(f): 8:29pm On Dec 07, 2018
negbike:

Very STUPID comment. The issue is that she's a MARRIED woman and asking behind her husband's back. Not proper. He's asking for advice to protect himself.
Hey! I don't care if you disagree with my post. What is he protecting himself from?
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Princezibk: 8:29pm On Dec 07, 2018
Honestly,some women lack shame... or do you look like Santa clause?
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Oyindidi(f): 8:29pm On Dec 07, 2018
negbike:

Another DUMB comment. The issue is that she is MARRIED and going behind her husband's back. That's wrong.
Advice the op wise man
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by melodyogonna(m): 8:32pm On Dec 07, 2018
oloriLFC:
You have to stop o before she turns it to something else. The woman is a parasite. Don't let her ruin your friendship with her husband. Antenatal ko! Brodanatal ni! Shey na you impregnate her?

And she might also try to ruin OP's marriage with this.
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Childofaking: 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2018
brodalikeme:
No sane person will love to beg another person for help perpetually, and people always go back to where they have received help before.
I would have preferred if it's your friend that is doing the asking but he might have become tired and frustrated that he is now a charity case. Borrowing without end and not knowing even if he can ever pay back.
Please continue doing your bit, God sees your heart, like I always say life is like a pendulum, you don't know which direction it might swing tomorrow.
"Life is like a pendulum. You dont know which direction it might swing tomorrow"

This your word got me. Very true. And the fact is that life is not a straight line. It moves in waves. The one receiving today may be the giver tomorrow and vice versa.

He who has ears to hear should better hear now o.

3 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by AuroraB(f): 8:33pm On Dec 07, 2018
brodalikeme:
No sane person will love to beg another person for help perpetually, and people always go back to where they have received help before.
I would have preferred if it's your friend that is doing the asking but he might have become tired and frustrated that he is now a charity case. Borrowing without end and not knowing even if he can ever pay back.
Please continue doing your bit, God sees your heart, like I always say life is like a pendulum, you don't know which direction it might swing tomorrow.
God bless you for this wisest comment so far. You are wise. He wrote the husband isn't working yet previous poster's are calling on the husband? Wow!

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Lomprico2: 8:34pm On Dec 07, 2018
alimaa:
I have a very close friend who has been like a brother to me right from our days in the university, we also worship in the same church, he was my best man when I wedded a few years ago. He got married this year and after the wedding things were not rosy for them the following month and I gave my little assistance as a friend. Around July this year his sister had a life threatening ailment and when he reached out to me I quickly responded with something meaningful. After some weeks his wife told me she was sick when we met in church, I quickly went to an ATM, made withdrawal and gave her money to buy drugs since her husband who happens to be my friend was not in town.

that my friend's wife now thinks that I am Father Christmas and now calls and sends texts requesting for money to take care of her antenatal drugs but I have refused to help because I believe it is wrong and she keeps pestering me.

Don't give her again without her husband's consent!
Because if you do, you are belittling your friend, its like he is not man enough to take care of his wife. And if she have a quarell with her husband, she might use it against him to hurt him which will definitely affect the relationship with ur friend.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Beavalue: 8:34pm On Dec 07, 2018
if you can continue to help her,pls do.You never know where your act will take you to tomorrow. you mentioned that your friend sometimes asks you for help......well maybe things aren't going so well n he's tired of asking you for help all the time.thats y his wife is doing the asking
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by nnaeyes6: 8:37pm On Dec 07, 2018
I think there is something or a picture that is missing here! Is ur wife aware of these helps before u start explaining itself to nairaland on how women are wicked. please tell ur wive that ur guys wife needs antenatal care for her approval. then let ur guy know what his wife is demanding from u for his own approval. Remember how women do their DEFAULT SETTING. Ur friends wife may have fallen in love with u because u have, or she might be demanding all these things thinking that it is her right in Nigerian Constitution as amended 1999, section 5, subsection 2c.

6 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by maisauki: 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2018
U can now since u want d relationship wit ur friend to end
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by alimaa: 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2018
AuroraB:
God bless you for this wisest comment so far. You are wise. He wrote the husband isn't working yet previous poster's are calling on the husband? Wow!
Her husband has a good job.
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Evagbosoria: 8:39pm On Dec 07, 2018
HarunaWest:

Pls help her...since it's antenatal...Just do it,Am Sure God Has bigger plans for you...Health is very important for an individual.
Shey na op give am belle? Rubbish. No give am Shishi abeg. Greedy woman

2 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by fykes(m): 8:42pm On Dec 07, 2018
It's a no no... As a principle, I don't give money or financial assistance to any married lady... Except of course she is my sister.
Thats how my colleague has been pestering me for money even though I know her hubby.
That woman is only trying to make money the only way she knows how to... Sex appeal to men and lies.
Don't be surprised even in his state her husband still sends her money.
Some women are shameless.

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Nobody: 8:43pm On Dec 07, 2018
alimaa:

first I will say you are extremely nice, not many people will respond to other people's needs no matter the kind of relationship they share. Having said this, I will encourage you to help her in any way you can knowing that if she or her husband had the money, they wouldn't bother you with their problems. Life is all about seasons, you might be their rock today and tmr, they might be yours
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by DBestDoc(f): 8:44pm On Dec 07, 2018
queenfav:
can i hug you? I am amazed at the level of some people's entitlement mentality.

Hahaha. e-hugs my dear.
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by semyman: 8:46pm On Dec 07, 2018
Counselors without any certification everywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

My Husband Threatened To Divorce Me Because Of His Friend. / My Wife Denies Me Sex, Gives It To Church Members Freely – Pastor / Missing Girl In Kaduna : Pls Have You Seen This Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.