Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,511 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:46 PM

Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? (42033 Views)

Prophet Oluwaseun Akinnubi Impregnates Friend’s Wife In Ondo / My Friend’s Wife Is Cheating / Should A Man Consult His Wife Before Giving Money To His Own Mother? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by cho25bc(f): 11:47pm On Dec 07, 2018
oloriLFC:
You have to stop o before she turns it to something else. The woman is a parasite. Don't let her ruin your friendship with her husband. Antenatal ko! Brodanatal ni! Shey na you impregnate her?
lols. you know get chills. but u are 100% right grin
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by cho25bc(f): 11:58pm On Dec 07, 2018
alimaa:
I have a very close friend who has been like a brother to me right from our days in the university, we also worship in the same church, he was my best man when I wedded a few years ago. He got married this year and after the wedding things were not rosy for them the following month and I gave my little assistance as a friend. Around July this year his sister had a life threatening ailment and when he reached out to me I quickly responded with something meaningful. After some weeks his wife told me she was sick when we met in church, I quickly went to an ATM, made withdrawal and gave her money to buy drugs since her husband who happens to be my friend was not in town.

The irony of the whole thing now is
that my friend's wife now thinks that I am Father Christmas and now calls and sends texts requesting for money to take care of her antenatal drugs but I have refused to help because I believe it is wrong and she keeps pestering me.

Please what is your advice?

She's a nonsense woman. she is tarnishing your friend as an incapable man not fit for marriage. Report her to her husband and give all your financial supports through him. That kind of woman is dangerous. later she will start seducing you to sleep with her in exchange for money. As time goes on,she will pin a pregnancy on you. it's painful especially since they just got married. this is not a healthy foundation.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Nobody: 12:02am On Dec 08, 2018
vingeophysicist:
Always assist with the consent of your friend. Don't be surprised that her husband provides her with those things she equally asked from you.
Best response so far.
It's not all about helping someone, there are some help that may put you into trouble.
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by arrestdarrester: 12:03am On Dec 08, 2018
Tell her you'll send the money to her husband and study her response...Her response should be 'a word is enough for the wise' to you
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Rocktation(f): 12:07am On Dec 08, 2018
You don't know women. Majority will abuse any opportunity. Married or not.
I don't want to talk plenty. I busy.
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by chris51(f): 12:09am On Dec 08, 2018
In the name of Almighty God, do not send any money to your friend's wife directly. Send anything you have for them to your friend.

How they utilise it is between husband and wife.
Your friend still needs self respect. If you are not careful this woman will lure you to bed.

To be fore warned is to be fore armed
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by chris51(f): 12:09am On Dec 08, 2018
chris51:
In the name of Almighty God, do not send any money to your friend's wife directly. Send anything you have for them to your friend.

How they utilise it is between husband and wife.
Your friend still needs self respect. If you are not careful this woman will lure you to bed.

To be fore warned is to be fore armed
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by doggedfighter(f): 12:16am On Dec 08, 2018
dancewith:
I don't think it's right that she gets money from you without informing her husband

That's akin to adultery. If he knows and doesn't think he should thank you for it, then you may review the gesture

Its more likey he isn't aware which makes the entire act risky and morally suspect. The bible says to flee from all appearances of evil. It doesn't have to be evil as long as it looks like ones you should flee

Receiving money is adultery and morally suspect? I hear !
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Nobody: 12:37am On Dec 08, 2018
Op engage ur friend before giving her more money.. I see nothing wrong in helping out but everything is wrong with ur friend in the dark.
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by chukwunonso03: 12:39am On Dec 08, 2018
Give help to your friend's family through your friend, anything help you are giving to his wife without his involvement would be wrong and can backfire!!!! Call your friend and tell him the whole story!!!
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by safarigirl(f): 2:08am On Dec 08, 2018
brodalikeme:
No sane person will love to beg another person for help perpetually, and people always go back to where they have received help before.
I would have preferred if it's your friend that is doing the asking but he might have become tired and frustrated that he is now a charity case. Borrowing without end and not knowing even if he can ever pay back.
Please continue doing your bit, God sees your heart, like I always say life is like a pendulum, you don't know which direction it might swing tomorrow.
this is funny.

There are people who love begging perpetually because they know they have an available mugu.

OP for all you know, your friend and his wife are in cahoots to keep taking from you since you're such a giver. Is your friend no longer responsible for his wife? Are you buying shares in their family with your money?

Call your friend and ask him why he doesn't pay his wife's antenatal. Do not foolishly waste money you should be saving for the future on someone who is saving theirs and collecting from you. There are people who are very much fine with begging from others as long as they are saving their own money. I know a man who trained all his kids with money he got from begging his friends and acquaintances.

You also have a marriage to protect, so, make sure you don't put yourself in a terrible place in a bid to do a good deed

4 Likes

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by showafrica(m): 3:16am On Dec 08, 2018
samysmoothfresh:
The people above have said it all.

If you get, give but first let the husband know.

Technically though, she no suppose dey ask you for money sha o..................

Some women are just crazy, see how confident she feels asking another man for money. She get luck no be one Mara fakar who for fuxkk her lik crazy.
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by bucho8888: 3:42am On Dec 08, 2018
TheCongo2:

What was your story of you don't mind me asking. Please kill the CAPS.

FUNNY STORY. MY RELATIONS WIFE CALLED ME ASKING 4 FINANCIAL HELP. BASE ON RELATION ISSUE, I DIDNT BOTHER 2 CHECK HER STORY OR CALL D HUSBAND 2 VERFIY IF ITS OK WITH HIM. I WILL JUST SEND MONEY 2 HER. AS TIME WENT ON, SHE WILL CALL ONCE IN AWHILE ASKING 4 FINANICAL HELP. I DIDNT NO SHE WAS LYING 2 ME, UNTIL ONE DAY MY RELATION CALLED ME N ASK WE HAVE A PRIVATE CHAT. WEN I WENT 2 C HIM. D GUY NOW TOLD ME HOW DIS WOMAN WAS CHEATING ON HIM, N ALL D WHILE SHE WAS USING ME AS A PAWN. SHE WILL COLLECT MONEY FROM HER LOVER N SAY I WAS D ONE DAT SENT IT 2 HER. HONESTLY IF IT WASNT DAT WE WERE RELATED, D GUY WOULD HAD KILLED ME DER. MY HUMBLE OPINION IF WANT 2 HELP A MARRIED WOMAN, PLZ ASK 4 PREMISSION FROM HER HUSBAND. SOME WOMEN CAN PUT U IN SERIOUS TROUBLE. DATS D SUMMARY OF MY STORY. N SORRY I LIKE USING CAPS.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Spy360(m): 4:15am On Dec 08, 2018
bucho8888:

FUNNY STORY. MY RELATIONS WIFE CALLED ME ASKING 4 FINANCIAL HELP. BASE ON RELATION ISSUE, I DIDNT BOTHER 2 CHECK HER STORY OR CALL D HUSBAND 2 VERFIY IF ITS OK WITH HIM. I WILL JUST SEND MONEY 2 HER. AS TIME WENT ON, SHE WILL CALL ONCE IN AWHILE ASKING 4 FINANICAL HELP. I DIDNT NO SHE WAS LYING 2 ME, UNTIL ONE DAY MY RELATION CALLED ME N ASK WE HAVE A PRIVATE CHAT. WEN I WENT 2 C HIM. D GUY NOW TOLD ME HOW DIS WOMAN WAS CHEATING ON HIM, N ALL D WHILE SHE WAS USING ME AS A PAWN. SHE WILL COLLECT MONEY FROM HER LOVER N SAY I WAS D ONE DAT SENT IT 2 HER. HONESTLY IF IT WASNT DAT WE WERE RELATED, D GUY WOULD HAD KILLED ME DER. MY HUMBLE OPINION IF WANT 2 HELP A MARRIED WOMAN, PLZ ASK 4 PREMISSION FROM HER HUSBAND. SOME WOMEN CAN PUT U IN SERIOUS TROUBLE. DATS D SUMMARY OF MY STORY. N SORRY I LIKE USING CAPS.
obviously you stole the moniker...
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Lexusgs430: 5:23am On Dec 08, 2018
alimaa:
I have a very close friend who has been like a brother to me right from our days in the university, we also worship in the same church, he was my best man when I wedded a few years ago. He got married this year and after the wedding things were not rosy for them the following month and I gave my little assistance as a friend. Around July this year his sister had a life threatening ailment and when he reached out to me I quickly responded with something meaningful. After some weeks his wife told me she was sick when we met in church, I quickly went to an ATM, made withdrawal and gave her money to buy drugs since her husband who happens to be my friend was not in town.

that my friend's wife now thinks that I am Father Christmas and now calls and sends texts requesting for money to take care of her antenatal drugs but I have refused to help because I believe it is wrong and she keeps pestering me.

Husband out of work and getting his wife pregnant? How does he intend to look after baby? Don't worry they would name the child after you and make you a Godfather.....
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by walozanga(m): 5:30am On Dec 08, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
My brother for the sake of God,don't withdraw your helping hands from them. As long as you have,keep helping them but make sure you do so through your friend .

your are a responsible person my brother.
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by samsononifade(m): 6:06am On Dec 08, 2018
make u dey help her u her.U go go bankrupt but search your heart am i helping because i love helping?
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by okc49: 6:09am On Dec 08, 2018
Just stop giving her any money. I had the same experience, and my friend started telling his wife that I was her second husband. She even asked me to never let her husband know, so I took to my heels. Just stop it before it becomes too late

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by DWJOBScom(m): 6:21am On Dec 08, 2018
Lonestar124:
Don't start what you can't finish....even though you want to help your friend is OK, you don't extend it to his wife to complete yourself as good man.

Except your money flowing heavily to exhaust or don't you have responsibilities?

Well said
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by samysmoothfresh: 6:53am On Dec 08, 2018
showafrica:

Some women are just crazy, see how confident she feels asking another man for money. She get luck no be one Mara fakar who for fuxkk her lik crazy.

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Genea(f): 8:07am On Dec 08, 2018
alimaa:

Please don't stop giving her, Just tell the husband before you do. They might really need the money or she might be scamming you. Either way, let the husband know first.
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by PS712: 8:12am On Dec 08, 2018
alimaa:

Based on what you shared, it is ok to describe your friend as bossom. Things may be rough today for him & tomorrow better,likewise you have today & may need his help tomorrow,life is dynamic!
As for the wife,she ought not to turn you to atm,however,tell her you are not comfortable helping her directly without your friend's consent,so whenever she has need,she should channel it through her husband and you'll oblige!
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:16am On Dec 08, 2018
walozanga:

your are a responsible person my brother.
... Thanks bro. You are too.
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by grandstar(m): 10:08am On Dec 08, 2018
alimaa:
Iespecive a very close friend who has been like a brother to me right from our days in the university, we also worship in the same church, he was my best man when I wedded a few years ago. He got married this year and after the wedding things were not rosy for them the following month and I gave my little assistance as a friend. Around July this year his sister had a life threatening ailment and when he reached out to me I quickly responded with something meaningful. After some weeks his wife told me she was sick when we met in church, I quickly went to an ATM, made withdrawal and gave her money to buy drugs since her husband who happens to be my friend was not in town.

Be very careful. You may actually start developing feelings for her and I suspect you already are and that's why you're here. Unselfish acts of kindness can lead to develooment of strong feelings towards the opposite sex.

Best step you can take is go meet her husband and inform him that if he needs any help especialky cash, you'll be there for him.

Or tell him,you'll be contributing a certain amount towards antenatal care monthly.

1 Like

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by wese90(m): 10:35am On Dec 08, 2018
Shibaraba:

If you ask me... Na who I go ask?
Your Bible says whatever the right does the left shouldn't know about it. You just told the world. Blessing forfeited.
You think you're helping her? You're helping yourself.
No imagine she's reading this because you described her perfectly. Ask yourself...

Chai, see reasoning... I wish you d best..

Op, I feel for you... Cut her off, or else you will loose your sanity
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by eaglez(m): 10:41am On Dec 08, 2018
Ops y will you refuse her money? This is your season father Christmas, please don't stop
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Happyfela(m): 10:58am On Dec 08, 2018
Already looks like trouble,you didnt tell us the sexual tension is building between you too, soon U go Nak her abi....probabably months from now,after she has goven birth

you are playing with Naked wire Oga,E go shock you
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by JoseRaji(m): 11:08am On Dec 08, 2018
Shibaraba:

If you ask me... Na who I go ask?
Your Bible says whatever the right does the left shouldn't know about it. You just told the world. Blessing forfeited.
You think you're helping her? You're helping yourself.
No imagine she's reading this because you described her perfectly. Ask yourself...
Funny dude. Minister of Blessing... See as he use speed forfeit another person blessing.

Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by medropoly(m): 11:56am On Dec 08, 2018
bros as u dey giv make u ma dey collect wink wink wink... notin goes 4 notin grin grin grin grin
Re: Should I Continue Giving Money To My Friend's Wife? by Benjamin08: 3:23pm On Dec 08, 2018
Homeboiy:
Make sure her husband is aware before you give her money

This small comment for 583lyks? wen some1 wld write a whole chapter and still get 5 lyks bcausr it makes no sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Let's Be Sincere. "Can You Marry A Woman Like Your Mother?" / My Wife Denies Me Sex, Gives It To Church Members Freely – Pastor / Missing Girl In Kaduna : Pls Have You Seen This Girl?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.