Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,537 members, 7,823,337 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:55 AM

If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. (7431 Views)

Those Who Say Nnamdi Kanu Is A Coward, Engage Me In A Debate. / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by banom(m): 11:18pm On Dec 08, 2018
I agree 100% with Nnamdi kanu's call for Ipob boycott Of 2019 election , for those of you who want IPOB to participate in the election I challenge you for a healthy debate here. Tell me why you Think Ipob should participate in the election. If you are able to give me superior reasons why Ipob Should vote, I will vote in the election and I will equally ask my people to vote as well.

So bring it on. Debate time.

Caveat : for those of you who lack mental substance to engage in any healthy civilised Online debate, who would rather result into insults and name calling instead of maturely and intelligently discuss sensitive issues, please keep off this thread. Cus while I am not open to insults and fowl languages, I'm at the same time not allergic to using them myself. If you deviate from the thread and it's purpose and result into childish name calling and abuse, I guarantee a double dose of it in response.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by abdulazeez1002(m): 11:22pm On Dec 08, 2018
You are rightgrin

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Turantula(m): 11:24pm On Dec 08, 2018
Woulda av preferred boycott but, Jubril should go

2 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by oyin44: 11:36pm On Dec 08, 2018
Foolish people....since kanu and his henchmen..had no military leg to stand to stand upon..why not try politics ..on the Question of Nigerian unity,l agree with Buhari....

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Chieftroller(m): 11:51pm On Dec 08, 2018
shocked

My fellow afonjas no count book �
They are going to avoid this thread or they be shouting say baba

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by artofseduction: 11:57pm On Dec 08, 2018
M engaging u

Pls be logical with your points and don't throw tantrums

Can u in all honesty explain to me how boycotting elections will give you referendum and give examples of countries where it has worked.

Let me give you reasons why IPOB Should participate fully in politics.

First the present occupant of that seat i the worst person IPOB will wish to be there.

The Python dance u re seeing now is d tip of the iceberg cos he is coming back for another term. But come next year, na crocodile dance una go c.

First thing first
Get someone who will even dialogue with u instead unleashing military on u.

Separatist all over the world involve themselves in politics
Scotland
Catalonia
Kurds
Ireland's
California
Etc

In absence of this, d only option left for IPOB is to rebel and since you don't have the fire power. So what else?

IPOB should've adopted.a political party even if u can't muster presidential candidate

Have governors, National Assembly members

Take over the SE Political block and from their u plan economically and politically.

Lets be honest with ourselves.

PRIDE is KANU PROBLEM.

Boycotting elections will worsen our situation.

IPOB was declared a terrorist organization because the Governors advised the F2F 2 do so.

Imagine if IPOB controls the SE political block.

Wallahi, the FG would've given them a referendum.

They can even push for an independence government, lobby the international communities politically.

Dre is something these Igbos don't understand.

The UN will never give u referendum because its being controlled by countries that have separatist agitations in their home countries.

If they do, they will be giving them hope to push forward their own demand.

These includes
USA (California )
UK (Scotland )
Spain (Catalonia )
Russia (Crimea /Ukraine etc)
CHINA (Taiwan)

If these countries has separatist issues in their own countries
While will they want to risk it to give Biafran referendum.

IPOB should open their eyes and stop swallowing whatever jargons KANU throws at them people.

21 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Ojiofor: 12:09am On Dec 09, 2018
banom:
I agree 100% with Nnamdi kanu's call for Ipob boycott Of 2019 election , for those of you who want IPOB to participate in the election I challenge you for a healthy debate here. Tell me why you Think Ipob should participate in the election. If you are able to give me superior reasons why Ipob Should vote, I will vote in the election and I will equally ask my people to vote as well.

Caveat : for those of you who lack mental substance to engage in any healthy civilised Online debate, who would rather result into insults and name calling instead of maturely and intelligently discuss sensitive issues, please keep off this thread. Cus while I am not open to insults and fowl languages, I'm at the same time not allergic to using them myself. If you deviate from the thread and it's purpose and result into childish name calling and abuse, I guarantee a double dose of it in response.

I asked this question last time nobody have been able to provide me with answer. The question is.
If federal government continues to ignore IPOB call for referendum what will be IPOB next step or will they continue to boycott elections till eternity?

7 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by whatmoreng: 1:06am On Dec 09, 2018
artofseduction:
M engaging u

Can u in all honesty explain to me how boycotting elections will give you referendum and give examples of countries where it has worked.

First the present occupant of that seat i the worst person IPOB will wish to be there.

The Python dance u re seeing now is d tip of the iceberg cos he is coming back for another term. But come next year, na crocodile dance una go c.

First thing first

Scotland
Catalonia
Kurds
Ireland's
California
Etc

In absence of this, d only option left for IPOB is to rebel and since you don't have the fire power. So what else?

IPOB should've adopted.a political party even if u can't muster presidential candidate

Take over the SE Political block and from their u plan economically and politically.

True talk. But my brothers won't listen. Waiting for the op to come and debate.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by BigIyanga: 1:28am On Dec 09, 2018
While u boycott, they participate, win and keep ruling you. They’ll order shoot at sight, if you constitute any nuisance.

3 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by ImperialYoruba: 1:47am On Dec 09, 2018
banom:

First of all Ipob should not even have PVC. So how would your boycott hurt the election, no one will miss your absence. Any ipob that has a pvc is a Biafran traitor. Do you have a pvc?

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Donelli: 1:52am On Dec 09, 2018
artofseduction:

First thing first

Scotland
Catalonia
Kurds
Ireland's
California
Etc

I'm curious about these points you raised.

The first highlight suggests that since it hasn't been done, it can not be done.

The second highlight is rather reactive. In my opinion, voting with that mindset is even counterproductive...that's how we got ourselves in this mess in the first place.

For the third highlight, I actually find it amusing because I don't see that happening in another 10 years.

Most people who have similar reasoning with the fourth highlight makes one believe we don't pay attention to history. This same suggestion was tried out by Ojukwu and we all know how it turned out.

In my opinion, I think it's rather absurd that we're even discussing this because the system is clearly messed up and those who are passionately advocating for voting are not doing so for its effectiveness or absolute believe in it but due to it being a "safer" way. It's just similar to a case of waiting for the stench to ease off rather than searching for and evacuating the rotting mouse that died because it's too much work. undecided

8 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by banom(m): 2:46am On Dec 09, 2018
artofseduction:
M engaging u

Welcome dear and thanks for this reasonable question. Boycotting the Nigerian election Is a civil disobedience and one of the many pressure and negotiation tools IPOB intends to use to press home for a date for referendum from the Nigerian government.

IPOB as you know is Indeginous people of Biafra: an umbrella movement that is agitating and championing for the emancipation of BIAFRA from Nigeria in a peaceful and civilised manner.

For BIAFRA to successfully secceed from Nigeria in a peaceful globaly acceptable way without war, a referendum must be conducted in this BIAFRAN area, and for this to happen, Nigeria must agree to it. But to seat down and ask Nigeria for this referendum she will not agree, and that is a waste of time. And to come out on the Nigerian street to protest for it is suicidal as Nigeria government has a penchant to kill unarmed protesters.
So one of the most effective ,peaceful and harmless ways to press home for it is to result or threaten to result into civil disobedience which one of them is election boycott.
Observe that IPOB never said its members will not be participating in the forth coming general election, rather they said" give us a date for referendum or we will not participate in the election. They are too different things here. To simply ask citizens who are still part of a constituted entity not to participate In her election Is undemocratic and uncivilised but to threaten to boycott the election except the Nigerian government gives them a listening ear on their demand for referendum is civilised and democratic.

For Nigerian government to stand in the way of referendum against Biafrans is evil, undemocratic and uncivilised for two major reasons.

One, referendum is enshrined in the African union and United Nations charter which Nigeria is a full member and signatory to. To simply sign something and when it's time to lmplement or practice it you refuse to honour is evil and fraudulent. It's akin to to someone issuing you a dude cheque.

Second, Nigeria as a nation was never put together with any form of consensus agreement or consultation of the people. Lord Lugard woke up one morning possibly after a bad night and for reasons best known to him decided to merge us together and call us a nation. He did that without respect for for us as a people and with total disregard to our differences in value systems, religious and cultural orientation. But what he failed to remember is that that same backward black people he was seeing that time will one day get educated ,get civilised , know their right and worths, ask questions and push to determine who they are and correct this abnormalities . And that is exactly what you are seeing today.

So this call for election boycott while being a civil disobedience is justified by the fact that Nigerian government is the one failing to live up to her constitutional obligation to accept to fix a date for a referendum and will cold bloodedly murder her citizens for demanding for a referendum which is part of their fundamental human right.

One effect the boycott will achieve if "absolute " will be to create power vacum. Another will be to help send messages to the global community who will in turn help pressure the Nigerian government to accept to fix a date for a referendum as they wouldn't want the menace a power vacum will create.

Finally you demanded I give you examples of people that achieved their freedom by boycotting elections. And my answer is this, if you go through history and see how different nations achieved their freedom and come to exist, you will observe that these different nations achieved their freedom in different ways . some of those ways includes through war, referendum or some judicial process. While the methods they employed differes, one thing that is common among them is that they were methods they deemed effective in their place and time and according to realities they confronted in those places.

In our own case, we will equally be seeking for our own freedom through methods that suits the realities obtainable in our plight. IPOB are peace loving people, we will not chose the option of war to gain our freedom from Nigeria, we go for the option of a referendum. And since the Nigerian government is adamant in giving us a date for a referendum, we will use every risk free, effective democratic means withing our limited reach to pressure the Nigerian government to give us a date for referendum. And boycotting the election is one of the most potent and 100% risk free means we can achieve that. If we boycott the election, we have everything to gain and absolutely nothing to lose in our quest for freedom. Thank you.

19 Likes 5 Shares

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Npfn: 2:55am On Dec 09, 2018
why is buhari not campaigning for 2019 elections.

could it be that he has accepted his loss already or is he dead

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by banom(m): 3:09am On Dec 09, 2018
Ojiofor:

I asked this question last time nobody have been able to provide me with answer. The question is.
If federal government continues to ignore IPOB call for referendum what will be IPOB next step or will they continue to boycott elections till eternity?

My answer is this, if the federal government ignores us if we boycott the election, will they listen to us if we vote ?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by banom(m): 3:17am On Dec 09, 2018
BigIyanga:
Whild u boycott, they participate, win and keep ruling you. They’ll order shoot at site in you constitute any nuisance.

We have been voting and they have been rulling us, and at the same time issuing shoot at sight order on us. So can you now tell me the difference if we decide not to vote anymore?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by nwanyionitsha: 3:41am On Dec 09, 2018
abdulazeez1002:
You are rightgrin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by bantudra: 3:54am On Dec 09, 2018
1960 was your chance to separate....southern cameroon did it....some stayed in nigeria,others choose cameroon....

where were you then....??...their were already igbos livin in britain even before 1960....why didnt they said they wanted their own country back then....??

you can not just start shoutin biafra now because things are not going your way....nobody will take una serious now....una thought una are too smart for other tribes and you were schocked that other tribes are smart too...

its una hubris as usual that put una in this situation....and you still have that nasty hubris till today....

anyways,other nigerians dont want to be with una too....who want to be toghether with such hatefilled people....?

una have una selfs to blame and nobody else.....

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by dokie: 4:53am On Dec 09, 2018
banom:

One effect the boycott will achieve if "absolute " will be to create power vacum. Another will be to help send messages to the global community who will in turn help pressure the Nigerian government to accept to fix a date for a referendum as they wouldn't want the menace a power vacum will create.

The bolded is the issue.

Having absolute boycott of elections or any other form of civil disobedience is totally impossible under the present circumstance. At least 50% of igbos living within and outside the south east will not engage in civil disobedience. Why? Because some of them do not want to secede and the others do not believe that the process will yield any result in the crude Nigerian system of today where the government does not give a damn if it's citizens live or die for as long as they keep their positions and the oil money is flowing. And if Civil disobedience is not consistently absolute it cannot achieve its purpose.

Nnamdi Kanu is jumping the gun. He seems to have forgotten that the Biafra struggle started before he was born and does not necessarily need to be actualized in his lifetime. If he did, he would have realized that one needs to be more strategic in approach, take it the extent he can, and another person takes it from there.

The initial steps NK took to garner support and large followership was great and should have been consolidated upon for the next ideal level which was to take over south east political leadership. And don't say votes don't count it's not true. IPOB has the capacity to win 80% of the electoral seats in igboland. You cannot be rigged out in a place where you have overwhelming support, it cannot happen. But unfortunately he went to declare election boycott which was a penalty to throwing kinda thing.

If he had done that, IPOB would have had political power in 2019, and further consolidated in 2023. I don't want to go further than this regarding further steps after getting the power but know that holding the political power of the south east has limitless possibilities for the Biafran struggle. Ojukwu was able to declare Biafra simply because he was in control of the government of the eastern region.

A good example of what power can do is Catalonia where most if not the entire political class are in support of the secession. See the impact they are making. Theirs is a question of time, while ours is a question of how (under the present circumstance). .

Now, that opportunity has been lost and elections will hold and the boycott will not achieve anything because most igbos with pvc will vote, especially with the Peter Obi factor, and the hatred for Buhari.

In a nutshell 'absolute' boycott cannot be achieved. what could have been achieved (and can still be achieved but in the next election season), is a major participation to enthrone IPOB members in the seat of power, and continue the struggle from that point.

10 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Chinablack: 5:03am On Dec 09, 2018
you want ipob to participate in Nigeria elections so that tomorrow the same you will be the first to rush to the social media and ask them to withdraw their elected representatives from Nigeria if really need Biafra. besides who is even deceiving you that your vote will count under this government that has refused to sign electoral law

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by helinues: 5:04am On Dec 09, 2018
You started the thread with a threat, abuse,curse yet you do not want people like you to comments.

Having a 100% yes referendum still doesn't make any different cos both house and senate have to vote. Catalonia should have been there own country by now if it is about having a successful referendum

Sha don't let PDP people catch you.

That's my advise

4 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by victorvezx(m): 5:32am On Dec 09, 2018
banom:

My answer is this, if the federal government ignores us if we boycott the election, will they listen to us if we vote ?
The federal government won't still listen to ur demand for referendum even if u vote. It is basically a loose-loose situation for ipob. Plus their great Enemy and terror Buhari gets to continue ruling even if ipob or south east don't vote lol

4 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Nobody: 7:02am On Dec 09, 2018
helinues:
You started the thread with a threat, abuse,curse yet you do not want people like you to comments.

Having a 100% yes referendum still doesn't make any different cos both house and senate have to vote. Catalonia should have been there own country by now if it is about having a successful referendum

Sha don't let PDP people catch you.

That's my advise
Read properly, don't always be in a hurry to type nonsense

1 Like

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by helinues: 7:07am On Dec 09, 2018
wizzyrich:

Another one.

Oya clap yourself

Anyways, happy Sunday to you

2 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by dometome: 7:14am On Dec 09, 2018
wizzyrich:
those fools don't know how to read

2 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by printemps: 7:18am On Dec 09, 2018
banom:

I am here to speak to rational minds and not to be insulted. Biafrans agitators really don't need violence, propaganda, castigating of other tribes and people in order to actualize their dream of a sovereign Biafran State.I am of the view that the bringing together of the different tribes that now constitute the country called Nigeria today was and is flawed from her conception. The possible way out of this troubled almagation of disunited peoples and tribes of Nigeria is that they should go separate ways. But if this is to see the light of the day, you guys should strategize to achieve this. I see this being possible with Sowore's "take it back" movement. Sowore promised calling for some sort of referendum on restructuring if elected which I feel Kanu and his Biafran comrades can support. If IPOB can take advantage of this movement by filling the whole southeast political post for this forthcoming election with Biafran agitators who would in turn sponsor bill in the house for referendum for secession if and after they are voted in. The implications of this is that, if the whole governmental machinery of Biafran land is controlled by IPOB this way you guys would be able to bring about your yearnings for a sovereign state of Biafra through collective efforts with the majority people of Biafra behind your movement. There are different route to achieving Biafran secession without violence or seeking support from foreign countries. If Kanu is indeed sincere about Biafran secession,he and his comrades should look to working with this "Take it Back" movement.
Like Asari adviced IPOB to take over the Southeast polity by getting involved like other secessionist group around the world are doing.

2 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Warship: 7:21am On Dec 09, 2018
banom:

Welcome dear and thanks for this reasonable question. Boycotting the Nigerian election Is a civil disobedience and one of the many pressure and negotiation tools IPOB intends to use to press home for a date for referendum from the Nigerian government.

IPOB as you know is Indeginous people of Biafra: an umbrella movement that is agitating and championing for the emancipation of BIAFRA from Nigeria in a peaceful and civilised manner.

For BIAFRA to successfully secceed from Nigeria in a peaceful globaly acceptable way without war, a referendum must be conducted in this BIAFRAN area, and for this to happen, Nigeria must agree to it. But to seat down and ask Nigeria for this referendum she will not agree, and that is a waste of time. And to come out on the Nigerian street to protest for it is suicidal as Nigeria government has a penchant to kill unarmed protesters.
So one of the most effective ,peaceful and harmless ways to press home for it is to result or threaten to result into civil disobedience which one of them is election boycott.
Observe that IPOB never said its members will not be participating in the forth coming general election, rather they said" give us a date for referendum or we will not participate in the election. They are too different things here. To simply ask citizens who are still part of a constituted entity not to participate In her election Is undemocratic and uncivilised but to threaten to boycott the election except the Nigerian government gives them a listening ear on their demand for referendum is civilised and democratic.

For Nigerian government to stand in the way of referendum against Biafrans is evil, undemocratic and uncivilised for two major reasons.

One, referendum is enshrined in the African union and United Nations charter which Nigeria is a full member and signatory to. To simply sign something and when it's time to lmplement or practice it you refuse to honour is evil and fraudulent. It's akin to to someone issuing you a dude cheque.

Second, Nigeria as a nation was never put together with any form of consensus agreement or consultation of the people. Lord Lugard woke up one morning possibly after a bad night and for reasons best known to him decided to merge us together and call us a nation. He did that without respect for for us as a people and with total disregard to our differences in value systems, religious and cultural orientation. But what he failed to remember is that that same backward black people he was seeing that time will one day get educated ,get civilised , know their right and worths, ask questions and push to determine who they are and correct this abnormalities . And that is exactly what you are seeing today.

So this call for election boycott while being a civil disobedience is justified by the fact that Nigerian government is the one failing to live up to her constitutional obligation to accept to fix a date for a referendum and will cold bloodedly murder her citizens for demanding for a referendum which is part of their fundamental human right.

Finally you demanded I give you examples of people that achieved their freedom by boycotting elections. And my answer is this, if you go through history and see how different nations achieved their freedom and come to exist, you will observe that these different nations achieved their freedom in different ways . some of those ways includes through war, referendum or some judicial process. While the methods they employed differes, one thing that is common among them is that they were methods they deemed effective in their place and time and according to realities they confronted in those places.

In our own case, we will equally be seeking for our own freedom through methods that suits the realities obtainable in our plight. IPOB are peace loving people, we will not chose the option of war to gain our freedom from Nigeria, we go for the option of a referendum. And since the Nigerian government is adamant in giving us a date for a referendum, we will use every risk free, effective democratic means withing our limited reach to pressure the Nigerian government to give us a date for referendum. And boycotting the election is one of the most potent and 100% risk free means we can achieve that. If we boycott the election, we have everything to gain and absolutely nothing to lose in our quest for freedom. Thank you.

You said, boycotting election will cause a power vacuum and force the international community to put pressure on Nigeria to call for a Referendum.

Did the boycott of Anambra State election, caused a power vacuum in the state.?

artofseduction
ojiofor
whatmoreng
Donelli

Until we Biafrans realize that Nigeria is made up of wild animalistic ethnic groups who do not respect the desires of we the Biafrans to be a separate entity from them, we won't prepare ourselves for a forceful split when the opportunity arises.

We Biafrans have 3 options because of the wild animalistic nature of Nigerians and these options are:

1) International lobby to get a Referendum which only take effect after a severe crisis.

2) Political involvement and revolution.

3) Secret development of advanced military technologies and mass production facilities in order to build up the military might to secure our sovereignty.

So, Now Answer My Question.

Did the boycott of Anambra State election, caused a power vacuum in the state.?

5 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Donelli: 8:10am On Dec 09, 2018
dokie:
The initial steps NK took to garner support and large followership was great and should have been consolidated upon for the next ideal level which was to take over south east political leadership. And don't say votes don't count it's not true. IPOB has the capacity to win 80% of the electoral seats in igboland. You cannot be rigged out in a place where you have overwhelming support, it cannot happen. But unfortunately he went to declare election boycott which was a penalty to throwing kinda thing.

If he had done that, IPOB would have had political power in 2019, and further consolidated in 2023. I don't want to go further than this regarding further steps after getting the power but know that holding the political power of the south east has limitless possibilities for the Biafran struggle. Ojukwu was able to declare Biafra simply because he was in control of the government of the eastern region.
You have a very interesting perspective sir. However, I also want to point out that it is one thing to gain political control of the south east, yet it still does not translate to actualizing the demand for referendum because two-third majority vote in the national assembly is required.

Ojukwu you mentioned was already in charge of a cohesive region. I read also, that he was even given a marching order to declare not like he was prone to secession in the first instance. He was still pressing for peaceful negotiations and calling on the world to see to it that Gowon respects the Aburi accord.

If we ran a regional government your model would have been workable but no matter the hand you deal, you'll still be at the mercy of the caliphate as long as it is a central government.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Ojiofor: 8:17am On Dec 09, 2018
banom:

What have boycotting elections achieved for Massob/Ipob since 2003?
And whenever you boycott an election just like APC and their supporters are praying hard that you boycott the elections next year because they will benefit from it and the undesirables will continue to rule over you and if you make pim they will send Police and Army to treat your Bleep up.

4 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 09, 2018
banom:

It is shocking that Nigerians disregard the above. That a white man and his prostitute woke up and determined the destiny of millions of people. Shocking!!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Donelli: 8:23am On Dec 09, 2018
bantudra:
1960 was your chance to separate....southern cameroon did it....some stayed in nigeria,others choose cameroon....

where were you then....??...their were already igbos livin in britain even before 1960....why didnt they said they wanted their own country back then....??

you can not just start shoutin biafra now because things are not going your way....nobody will take una serious now....una thought una are too smart for other tribes and you were schocked that other tribes are smart too...

its una hubris as usual that put una in this situation....and you still have that nasty hubris till today....

anyways,other nigerians dont want to be with una too....who want to be toghether with such hatefilled people....?

I'm not exactly sure what your point is, but this is not a competition about who is smarter undecided

To start with, everyone agrees that things have gone hay wire and most argue that the north is drawing the country back. While political jobbers are screaming political marginalisation, I make bold to say that holding positions have not positively affected the lives of the common man (case study, the north).

All Igbos require is a level ground with justice and equity but only a mischievous fellows will deny the fact that there has been an overt and covert suppression and oppression of the economy of the current SE/SS majority of which make up Biafra. The only difference between IPOB and the average Igbo businessman is that the former, having recognized the reality that we are being trampled upon has taken up an active approach for liberation while the later, by his nature, will only just adapt to whatever condition he is exposed to and try to make the best of it...which is fine per se. But for how long?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Nobody: 8:24am On Dec 09, 2018
bantudra:

you have not made any meaningful contribution.
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Warship: 8:24am On Dec 09, 2018
highcollide:
It is shocking that Nigerians disregard the above. That a white man and his prostitute woke up and determined the destiny of millions of people. Shocking!!

Nigeria is made up of uncivilized ethnic groups.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Falana To EFCC: Sealing Assets Of Suspects Not The Way To Fight Corruption / PDP Appoints Caretaker Committee For Lagos State / Which Local Government Is The Largest In Terms Of Landmass?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.