Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,185 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. (7424 Views)

Those Who Say Nnamdi Kanu Is A Coward, Engage Me In A Debate. / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Nobody: 1:12am On Dec 16, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

1) Biafra will never be established because Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB cult are moorons who don't think.

2) I'm already long relocated. grin I live in Festac in Lagos, and majority of Festac residents are Igbos who have built livelihoods in Lagos: traders/businessmen, store owners, bankers and corporate professionals etc. None of them give the slightest fucckks about Biafra. I don't give 2 shiits if you "need" me.

This is one of the reasons for my hostility to Ipob. I tried reasoning with many of them years ago, but I found the only way to talk to many of them is to equally respond like beasts the way they like it.
Get ready for eternal frustration crying "marginalization" and "biafra or death" while the rest of the country keep outsmarting you. Because you will never see that Biafran paradise you're dreaming of.
Oga, small, small on top your people na!

Haha! grin

As a Yoruba, we try to see the situation for what it is, to get the best possible outcome for us as a people.

It seems your generation of Igbo's (particularly IPOB) are yet to grasp that facing the facts/truth of anything is the shortest way to progress.

Anyways, one love.
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by banom(m): 2:32am On Dec 16, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Comedian posts an article asking people to debate him.
People come to debate comedian.
Comedian offers no debate, but calling those that disagree with him Yoruba and forming cheerleader for other posters that are actually debating.

You're a funny comedian, sha. smiley

I intentionally ignored and refused to debate you because from the onset I noticed that even though you are quite intelligent, you are also, unfortunately, daft in reasoning. Scoring own goals with your own argument. I equally observed that you are not only annoying but unrealistic with your ideas and you are also a very closed minded person who is permanently lost and imprisoned in his own thoughts and ideas. And any challenge of your ideas seems to hit straight at your obviously fragile ego.

The essence of any healthy debate is to learn, reflect and improve. But that doesn't seem to be the case with you. You are buried in your own ideas and consider it unchangeable. Can't you see all pazienza's efforts to enlighten your ignorance seems to be a waste of time as you keep coming back with the same faulty line of thoughts, and keep arguing against the obvious realities on the ground.

This doesn't mean I will only consider you an open minded person if you bend and accept anybody's or everyone's thoughts and arguments, no, your independent mind is quite admirable. But you must understand that the ultimate independence is flexibility of one's mind and it's ability to learn, relearn, unlearn and improve. That is being equally independent of your own ideas and existing preconceptions.

One big reality you have refused to come to terms with is that freedom struggle is a very difficult and complicated thing as it aims to challenge or terminated some already existing deep rooted interests. And as such doesn't require grey approach but a black and white one.

I was one of the people who initially didn't fully buy into some of kanu's methods. For instance, I for once thought he should have been moderate and not extreme with his choice of words, but I later realised I was wrong. I came to understand the underlying strategic reasons behind his choice of words. It was all conciuos and calculated. And I give it to his strategic brilliance and fore thought.

He for instance, ( as I already pointed out in my earlier posts on page one of this thread) calculated that some of the greatest oppositions and sabotage this struggle
will encounter will come from Igbo political class. These are igbo men and women who are already well seated and hugely benefiting from Nigeria and her politics, and will continue benefiting from her in so many years to come. Such men, even though are igbos, in all honesty, wouldn't want Nigeria to disintegrate and will do anything to keep her going and their power and money flowing.

Having known that, he from the onset, black listed them in his strategy for the struggle, and instead , crafted his strategy and choice of words in a way it will resonate with the common man who has the final say in the society, and awakend and inspired the strongest revolutionary feelings in them. He consciously used words that will highlight the evil, hopelessness , and slump Nigeria is already Into, and made his listeners totally dissatisfied With her and desirous of a better life in a free progressive nation.

He equally understood that a moderate reasonable approach will not work with Nigeria and her leaders as most Nigerian leaders are not reasonable at all. They think and act like animals and will prefer to offer bribes or kill than to debate or dialogue.

It is based on this backdrop that I consider your ideas and suggestions unrealistic or even childish to even warrant a debate. You suggest political solution to the struggle without first pondering on its far reaching implications and workability in this part of the world. You insist on its viability with emphasis on western countries trying it out already even when pazianza have pointed out to you that even with all the majestic civility, and strong , enlightened, political institutions of these western countries, political solution is still yet to work out for them. If it hasn't worked out in the UK and Spain, what makes you think it will work out in this barbaric backward part of the world ?

Another thing I found very childish of you is the way you insult IPOB members and nnamdi kanu. While ironically, I am yet to see you critisize the federal government for its backwardness and her systematic marginalisation of the South East and south south people which inspired the agitation in the first place. And am also yet to see you condemn the federal government for the way she has been murdering our people for demanding for their freedom. The truth is, even if you don't agree with some or all of IPOB methods, at least be reasonable and sensitive enough to recognise that these are men and women who are not only spending their last hard earned pennies, but are also putting their lives on wire to liberate you and I. Somehow they deserve some of our respects.
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:52pm On Dec 16, 2018
banom:

[s]I intentionally ignored and refused to debate you because from the onset I noticed that even though you are quite intelligent, you are also, unfortunately, daft in reasoning. Scoring own goals with your own argument. I equally observed that you are not only annoying but unrealistic with your ideas and you are also a very closed minded person who is permanently lost and imprisoned in his own thoughts and ideas. And any challenge of your ideas seems to hit straight at your obviously fragile ego.

The essence of any healthy debate is to learn, reflect and improve. But that doesn't seem to be the case with you. You are buried in your own ideas and consider it unchangeable. Can't you see all pazienza's efforts to enlighten your ignorance seems to be a waste of time as you keep coming back with the same faulty line of thoughts, and keep arguing against the obvious realities on the ground[/s].

Focus more on cogent debates than the comical attempts at psychoanalysis and psychological projection. None of this is worth a serious response.

This doesn't mean I will only consider you an open minded person if you bend and accept anybody's or everyone's thoughts and arguments, no, your independent mind is quite admirable. But you must understand that the ultimate independence is flexibility of one's mind and it's ability to learn, relearn, unlearn and improve. That is being equally independent of your own ideas and existing preconceptions.

Yes, calling people "dirty Yoruba" because their opinions were unacceptable to you certainly showed your "open mind" and "flexibility of your mind" and "ability to learn, relearn, unlearn and improve". You're hilarious. grin

One big reality you have refused to come to terms with is that freedom struggle is a very difficult and complicated thing as it aims to challenge or terminated some already existing deep rooted interests. And as such doesn't require grey approach but a black and white one.

Yes, because suggesting a political process that lasts several years to decades, or war, is evidence of this refusal to come to terms with the difficulty and complications of freedom struggle. Ironically, I was saying the opposite of your ridiculous interpretation. That "freedom struggle" is an exceeding difficult, complicated task which needs cool heads, strategic thought and organization: a task that is clearly above the intellectual capacity of the miscreants who lead IPOB.

I was one of the people who initially didn't fully buy into some of kanu's methods. For instance, I for once thought he should have been moderate and not extreme with his choice of words, but I later realised I was wrong. I came to understand the underlying strategic reasons behind his choice of words. It was all conciuos and calculated. And I give it to his strategic brilliance and fore thought.
He for instance, ( as I already pointed out in my earlier posts on page one of this thread) calculated that some of the greatest oppositions and sabotage this struggle
will encounter will come from Igbo political class. These are igbo men and women who are already well seated and hugely benefiting from Nigeria and her politics, and will continue benefiting from her in so many years to come. Such men, even though are igbos, in all honesty, wouldn't want Nigeria to disintegrate and will do anything to keep her going and their power and money flowing.

You think crazed insults of Buhari, Fulanis, Middle Belters, Niger Deltans etc, shouting "zoo" upandan, peddling nonsensical Jew-claiming myths, calling for election boycotts (the dumbest political strategy I have ever heard in my life) etc is "strategic brilliance and forethought"? grin Stop deceiving yourself. Nnamdi Kanu is a deranged riffraff with no strategic thought in his head. He and IPOB are the definition of an impulsive group who don't think things through: the very opposite of being "strategic". The profound gullibility and cycle of hate among his cult followers is the reason he has any relevance: not because of any "brilliance". He appeals to mindless emotion, not strategic vision.

Having known that, he from the onset, black listed them in his strategy for the struggle, and instead , crafted his strategy and choice of words in a way it will resonate with the common man who has the final say in the society, and awakend and inspired the strongest revolutionary feelings in them. He consciously used words that will highlight the evil, hopelessness , and slump Nigeria is already Into, and made his listeners totally dissatisfied With her and desirous of a better life in a free progressive nation.

He equally understood that a moderate reasonable approach will not work with Nigeria and her leaders as most Nigerian leaders are not reasonable at all. They think and act like animals and will prefer to offer bribes or kill than to debate or dialogue.

He didn't "blacklist" anyone. He is simply too crude to appeal to those that reject him. He didn't "craft" his words. He's a natural-born riffraff and that is the way he speaks. I've listened to his crudity and deranged, rabid utterances long before he became famous. There is nothing strategic about his antics. It is who he is: a crude, insolent, obnoxious loon who crafts conspiracy theories that his gullible followers love to hear.
Whether most Nigerian leaders are "reasonable" or not doesn't magnify the legitimacy of his movement. Just because Nigerian policemen are unreasonable for example doesn't mean I would profit more from an adversarial approach with a policeman I have a conflict with rather than trying to find common ground in my approach. Nnamdi Kanu and his fanboys shouting "zoo" upandan and insulting everyone with crude, hateful speech wouldn't bring them any closer to their objectives.
Also, if Nigerian leaders were not "reasonable", Nnamdi Kanu wouldn't dare step a foot in this country to spread his inflammatory rhetoric. If the leader of Nigeria was General Buhari, or General Abacha or General Obasanjo rather than President Buhari, he would not have shown his face in this country. He capitalized on months of illness of Buhari where Acting President Osibanjo completely ignored him. The mooron thought he'd be ignored forever. The moment Buhari returned from months of illness to show him just a little bit of how "unreasonable" he could get, he fled. And you had the audacity to compare him with people like Fela before. Like I said earlier, you're a good comedian. grin

It is based on this backdrop that I consider your ideas and suggestions unrealistic or even childish to even warrant a debate. You suggest political solution to the struggle without first pondering on its far reaching implications and workability in this part of the world. You insist on its viability with emphasis on western countries trying it out already even when pazianza have pointed out to you that even with all the majestic civility, and strong , enlightened, political institutions of these western countries, political solution is still yet to work out for them. If it hasn't worked out in the UK and Spain, what makes you think it will work out in this barbaric backward part of the world ?

Another thing I found very childish of you is the way you insult IPOB members and nnamdi kanu. While ironically, I am yet to see you critisize the federal government for its backwardness and her systematic marginalisation of the South East and south south people which inspired the agitation in the first place. And am also yet to see you condemn the federal government for the way she has been murdering our people for demanding for their freedom. The truth is, even if you don't agree with some or all of IPOB methods, at least be reasonable and sensitive enough to recognise that these are men and women who are not only spending their last hard earned pennies, but are also putting their lives on wire to liberate you and I. Somehow they deserve some of our respects.

My ideas and suggestions are "childish". But a man who says Buhari is Jubrin from Sudan is not childish, abi? The man who calls Buhari a pedophile and rapist is not childish, shey? The man who brags about his "secret service" and how they'll unleash mayhem on the "zoo" and calls for Kumuyi and all Yoruba pastors' stoning is not childish, abi? The man that insults Niger Deltans as cowards and claims all their territory as belonging to Biafra is not childish, abi? That is the brilliant strategy that impressed you, shey?

You're yet to see me criticize the Federal Government? Because you read all my posts to know when I criticized them and when I haven't, abi? Because you've ever seen me support the FG applying lethal force to unarmed citizens, or its marginalization of the SE? Somebody will just sit down and make up whatever comes to his head when he has no point.

Once again, for your easier comprehension, nowhere have I portrayed the political process leading to secession as an easy or short one. There is not a single place I made such a claim, so best to stop peddling that nonsensical interpretation of my comments. I have sought to:
1) Point out that the only 2 solutions involving clearly mapped out strategies to accomplish the secession goal are through a parliamentary effort and armed conflict. Nowhere have I stated either would be easy. But they have a higher chance of success than empty noisemaking.
2) I have sought to outline the foolishness of not mobilizing the grassroots support of IPOB to gain serious traction in politics. If mobilizing and organizing to overthrow elected elites who don't represent the interests of Ndigbo is a task too difficult and complex for IPOB, then it is an utterly useless, intellectually bankrupt organization.
If IPOB's mission is only defined through blind cult followership of its supreme leader, it serves no purpose to its thinking followers.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Eid-el-kabir: Be United Despite Security Challenges, Jonathan Urges Nigerians / Plateau: Tribunal Sacks 2 PDP Reps Members, Affirms Ajang (LP), Vincent (APC) / 2013 Budget - Education Gets Highest Allocation - First Time In Nigerian History

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.