Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,899 members, 7,821,137 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:47 AM

If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. (7427 Views)

Those Who Say Nnamdi Kanu Is A Coward, Engage Me In A Debate. / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by kid23(m): 8:26am On Dec 09, 2018
helinues:
You started the thread with a threat, abuse,curse yet you do not want people like you to comments.

Having a 100% yes referendum still doesn't make any different cos both house and senate have to vote. Catalonia should have been there own country by now if it is about having a successful referendum

Sha don't let PDP people catch you.

That's my advise

please where is the threat in the write ups
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Donelli: 8:29am On Dec 09, 2018
Chinablack:
you want ipob to participate in Nigeria elections so that tomorrow the same you will be the first to rush to the social media and ask them to withdraw their elected representatives from Nigeria if really need Biafra. besides who is even deceiving you that your vote will count under this government that has refused to sign electoral law
You made a good point. Most people who argue against Biafra do not really understand why, especially those of us born from the mid-eighties down who did not have the benefit of history lessons. I have come across many people using the "form a political party" line (which I must admit, I once believed to be a brilliant idea till I did some studies that changed my mindset on a lot of things). For the older ones, it's quite complicated.

1 Like

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Donelli: 8:31am On Dec 09, 2018
helinues:
You started the thread with a threat, abuse,curse yet you do not want people like you to comments.

Having a 100% yes referendum still doesn't make any different cos both house and senate have to vote. Catalonia should have been there own country by now if it is about having a successful referendum

Sha don't let PDP people catch you.

That's my advise
The bolded is not clear, please explain
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Donelli: 8:42am On Dec 09, 2018
printemps:
... But if this is to see the light of the day, you guys should strategize to achieve this. I see this being possible with Sowore's "take it back" movement. Sowore promised calling for some sort of referendum on restructuring if elected which I feel Kanu and his Biafran comrades can support. If IPOB can take advantage of this movement by filling the whole southeast political post for this forthcoming election with Biafran agitators who would in turn sponsor bill in the house for referendum for secession if and after they are voted in...

...Like Asari adviced IPOB to take over the Southeast polity by getting involved like other secessionist group around the world are doing.
Sir, I can confidently say it's not likely. Atiku made same promise, no?

Why I say it is not likely is this... Sowore has a media house, if he was serious about it then shouldn't this be a major topic for Sahara reporters

The mistake we constantly make is believing empty promises. I judge by antecedents not promises made in the heat of the moment. About Dokubo, I personally do not regard him that much because after all the freedom fighting through which he gained megabucks, in what ways has he influenced development in the Nigerdelta.

2 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by helinues: 8:48am On Dec 09, 2018
Donelli:

The bolded is not clear, please explain

Referendum is a long process. A bill must be sent to HoR for debate. After debating then they vote. If majority supports the bill then they pass it forward to senate to vote. It means majority of senate must also approve the bill before considering referendum. After the referendum, the same process repeats in both houses.

Then same process in state assemblies before president can accent to it.

1 Like

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Warship: 8:51am On Dec 09, 2018
helinues:

Referendum is a long process. A bill must be sent to HoR for debate. After debating then they vote. If majority supports the bill then they pass it forward to senate to vote. It means majority of senate must also approve the bill before considering referendum. After the referendum, the same process repeats in both houses.

A UN Referendum can be induced through a crisis. So, you idea of Referendum is not the only way.

1 Like

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by kanubiafra: 8:53am On Dec 09, 2018
Turantula:
Woulda av preferred boycott but, Jubril should go
you think jubril is holding biafra? no its nigeria that is holding biafra not jubril. biafra was here before jubril and will be here after him. kanu never spared gej while he was president did you see him attack him now that he is out ? same thing when buhari leaves office who ever comes will face ipob/biafra so if jubril goes or stays its not our problem wether dead or alive.

5 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by kid23(m): 8:57am On Dec 09, 2018
Boycott of elections is what is highly needed in Nigeria Right now.

We need a revolution, it starts somewhere we have been voting and yet nothing seems to be working we need not repeat d same mistakes it high time we do try alternatives

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by helinues: 9:00am On Dec 09, 2018
Warship:

A UN Referendum can be induced through a crisis. So, you idea of Referendum is not the only way.

Nigeria is not in crisis. UN referendum is not applicable

2 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Donelli: 9:01am On Dec 09, 2018
Warship:
You said, boycotting election will cause a power vacuum and force the international community to put pressure on Nigeria to call for a Referendum.

Did the boycott of Anambra State election, caused a power vacuum in the state.?

Until we Biafrans realize that Nigeria is made up of wild animalistic ethnic groups who do not respect the desires of we the Biafrans to be a separate entity from them, we won't prepare ourselves for a forceful split when the opportunity arises.

We Biafrans have 3 options because of the wild animalistic nature of Nigerians and these options are:

1) International lobby to get a Referendum which only take effect after a severe crisis.

2) Political involvement and revolution.

3) Secret development of advanced military technologies and mass production facilities in order to build up the military might to secure our sovereignty.

So, Now Answer My Question.

Did the boycott of Anambra State election, caused a power vacuum in the state.?

I understand the point you're trying to make, but what you called election in Anambra State was more like allocation of numbers, that is one reason Obiano will not forgive IPOB. Don't take my word for it, find out from any of the inner circles. Do you know there was an agreement not to go to tribunal? Still, don't take my word for it. wink
I know you'll demand a binary answer, so NO, it did not but it caused some embarassment.

Bolded number 2, having understood these tendencies why do you think we should continue to bear these conditions?

Of the three methods you suggested, I can put it to you that you will be shooting yourself in the foot if you try 2 & 3 and I'll explain.

Method 1: I can assure you, Nigeria is on a crisis of leadership right now and there is international lobbying going on. Anti-IPOB elements should pray fervently that this Jibril issue does not end up being true.

Method 2: Political involvement has shown to be ineffective based on the current arrangement. Revolution? An opportunity to confirm the terrorist tag in addition to militancy. Don't forget, wild animalistic nature has no room for superior argument.

Method 3: Is this even legal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by kanubiafra: 9:04am On Dec 09, 2018
artofseduction:
M engaging u

Pls be logical with your points and don't throw tantrums

Can u in all honesty explain to me how boycotting elections will give you referendum and give examples of countries where it has worked.

Let me give you reasons why IPOB Should participate fully in politics.

First the present occupant of that seat i the worst person IPOB will wish to be there.

The Python dance u re seeing now is d tip of the iceberg cos he is coming back for another term. But come next year, na crocodile dance una go c.

First thing first
Get someone who will even dialogue with u instead unleashing military on u.

Separatist all over the world involve themselves in politics
Scotland
Catalonia
Kurds
Ireland's
California
Etc.
do you know that they pledge to defend the territorial int of nigeria while taking oath of office ? doing otherwise will only earn you an impeachment. guy pls google "election boycott", "civil disobedeince"

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Donelli: 9:10am On Dec 09, 2018
Ojiofor:

What have boycotting elections achieved for Massob/Ipob since 2003?
And whenever you boycott an election just like APC and their supporters are praying hard that you boycott the elections next year because they will benefit from it and the undesirables will continue to rule over you and if you make pim they will send Police and Army to treat your Bleep up.
What do you suggest and how effective do you think it will be? Explain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Donelli: 9:15am On Dec 09, 2018
helinues:

Alright, but I think you're getting it all mixed up. This is not a bill, but more like a convention if you may. Delegates [truly] representing the peoples of the region in question will vote to remain or leave.
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by whatmoreng: 9:18am On Dec 09, 2018
Am tired of Nigeria too. But all I know is that boycotting of elections is the surest way of NOT ACHIEVING BIAFRA.

2 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by kanubiafra: 9:19am On Dec 09, 2018
bannom. pls check out my name first while i'm 100 for a boycott , i have a few things about kanu and ipob since he came out on 19 oct. i just could not hold back my tears at the news. the thing is this jubril issue, while his live or death means nothing to me. i do not see how it will earn us a ref. i had hoped that kanu/ipob would have used same time dedicated to the jubril issue to lecture biafrans on the power of civil disobedience" election boycott etc and not this jubril thing at most he wouldn't have drag for so long. the other thing is to work for allies around the world. his appearance is very timely and the response of the world is great which he can bank upon to market biafra to the world. i do not know how to reach the ipob to offer my suggestions but pls if you let me know or you can still get to them so they can sensitize people ahead of the election people are willing to boycott but. they want to know its benefits thanks

2 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Donelli: 9:21am On Dec 09, 2018
whatmoreng:
Am tired of Nigeria too. But all I know is that boycotting of elections is the surest way of NOT ACHIEVING BIAFRA.
Voting will?

1 Like

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Donelli: 9:32am On Dec 09, 2018
kanubiafra:
bannom. pls check out my name first while i'm 100 for a boycott , i have a few things about kanu and ipob since he came out on 19 oct. i just could not hold back my tears at the news. the thing is this jubril issue, while his live or death means nothing to me. i do not see how it will earn us a ref. i had hoped that kanu/ipob would have used same time dedicated to the jubril issue to lecture biafrans on the power of civil disobedience" election boycott etc and not this jubril thing at most he wouldn't have drag for so long. the other thing is to work for allies around the world. his appearance is very timely and the response of the world is great which he can bank upon to market biafra to the world. i do not know how to reach the ipob to offer my suggestions but pls if you let me know or you can still get to them so they can sensitize people ahead of the election people are willing to boycott but. they want to know its benefits thanks
What do you think will happen if it is confirmed before the general elections that there's truly an imposter?

On marketing Biafra, that is ongoing. Courting Israel is strategic. If you win Israel over you're basically a "keep in view" with the US and you know how much influence uncle Sam wields. You don't expect every cough and sneeze to be reported on social media do you?

On the bolded, except you only listen to Radio Biafra on Saturdays I don't think this should be an issue. Radio Biafra runs continuously all day, everyday. If you actually think about it, does showing the world how fraudulent the system is not support the call for boycott?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by kanubiafra: 9:48am On Dec 09, 2018
Donelli:

What do you think will happen if it is confirmed before the general elections that there's truly an imposter?

On marketing Biafra, that is ongoing. Courting Israel is strategic. If you win Israel over you're basically a "keep in view" with the US and you know how much influence uncle Sam wields. You don't expect every cough and sneeze to be reported on social media do you?

On the bolded, except you only listen to Radio Biafra on Saturdays I don't think this should be an issue. Radio Biafra runs continuously all day, everyday.
means it has not been confirmed right? but with evidences shown by kanu it 'may' be likely right? so who will do what if he is not the one ? don't get me wrong the only thing it will do is that it will boost kanu's reputation more and his credibility too. few people will go down for it and nigeria will go on yet no ref. a ref can only come when our allies speak up and they wont speak until there is a crisis. since python dance we have

1 Like

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Donelli: 10:00am On Dec 09, 2018
kanubiafra:
means it has not been confirmed right? but with evidences shown by kanu it 'may' be likely right? so who will do what if he is not the one ? don't get me wrong the only thing it will do is that it will boost kanu's reputation more and his credibility too. few people will go down for it and nigeria will go on yet no ref. a ref can only come when our allies speak up and they wont speak until there is a crisis. since python dance we have
You have spoken well. Read the bolded again, pause, reflect on it. wink

You really believe there won't be crises...Who takes over the government?
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by bantudra: 10:02am On Dec 09, 2018
highcollide:
you have not made any meaningful contribution.

look....you can listen or you confront the nigerian militery....1960 was your biggest chance to separate and you blew it....

you thought you were smarter than other tribes and you would always rule over them....

enjoyin more education from those white morafvcker doesnt mean you are automaticaly smarter than other tribes because they didnt....

case and point....:
when your gragra didnt work,you then tried force and you got punched in your face....

1 Like

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Nobody: 10:04am On Dec 09, 2018
bantudra:

look....you can listen or you confront the nigerian militery....1960 was your biggest chance to separate and you blew it....

you thought you were smarter than other tribes and you would always rule over them....

enjoyin more education from those white morafvcker doesnt mean you are automaticaly smarter than other tribes because they didnt....

case and point....:
when your gragra didnt work,you then tried force and you got punched in your face....
you've still not made any point. Try harder, You can do it.

2 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by bantudra: 10:05am On Dec 09, 2018
Donelli:

I'm not exactly sure what your point is, but this is not a competition about who is smarter undecided

To start with, everyone agrees that things have gone hay wire and most argue that the north is drawing the country back. While political jobbers are screaming political marginalisation, I make bold to say that holding positions have not positively affected the lives of the common man (case study, the north).

All Igbos require is a level ground with justice and equity but only a mischievous fellows will deny the fact that there has been an overt and covert suppression and oppression of the economy of the current SE/SS majority of which make up Biafra. The only difference between IPOB and the average Igbo businessman is that the former, having recognized the reality that we are being trampled upon has taken up an active approach for liberation while the later, by his nature, will only just adapt to whatever condition he is exposed to and try to make the best of it...which is fine per se. But for how long?

you are still doing it till today....even kenyans call you boastful not only other nigerians....

people that you call ss today fought you and that is a historical fact....
my area is in south south and i have no desire atall to become biafran....you can deny me my identity online as you like,thats still not gonna change anything....referenwetin is a none issue for us....
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Donelli: 10:06am On Dec 09, 2018
bantudra:

case and point....:
Please explain what you mean by this. Are you sure we enjoyed more education? You might want to confirm that again
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Jombom: 10:07am On Dec 09, 2018
Pls foolish Igbos should engage each other Nigerians are marching on to 2023 with Buhari.

2 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by bantudra: 10:11am On Dec 09, 2018
highcollide:
you've still not made any point. Try harder, You can do it.

i will give you a point....:
even if you manage to place your people in goverment in south east,you will still not get biafra....
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Nobody: 10:13am On Dec 09, 2018
bantudra:

i will give you a point....:
even if you manage to place your people in goverment in south east,you will still not get biafra....

who told your we're interested in the government of this shithole?
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by bantudra: 10:13am On Dec 09, 2018
Donelli:

Please explain what you mean by this. Are you sure we enjoyed more education? You might want to confirm that again

your area allowed alot of idiootic white missionaries into your area....

others didnt trust them atall....
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by motherfucker: 10:15am On Dec 09, 2018
banom:
I agree 100% with Nnamdi kanu's call for Ipob boycott Of 2019 election , for those of you who want IPOB to participate in the election I challenge you for a healthy debate here. Tell me why you Think Ipob should participate in the election. If you are able to give me superior reasons why Ipob Should vote, I will vote in the election and I will equally ask my people to vote as well.

So bring it on. Debate time.

Caveat : for those of you who lack mental substance to engage in any healthy civilised Online debate, who would rather result into insults and name calling instead of maturely and intelligently discuss sensitive issues, please keep off this thread. Cus while I am not open to insults and fowl languages, I'm at the same time not allergic to using them myself. If you deviate from the thread and it's purpose and result into childish name calling and abuse, I guarantee a double dose of it in response.
Una no get PVC before jare. stop empty threats people who have PVC will. simple.
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by bantudra: 10:15am On Dec 09, 2018
highcollide:
who told your we're interested in the government of this shithole?

then go vote and atleast control your own area....you dont have to parcipate in presidential elections,but atleast have your people as governors in your area....
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by whatmoreng: 10:18am On Dec 09, 2018
Donelli:

Voting will?
Obviously.
Just imagine what will happen if ur IPOB endorse senators, house of reps, gubernatorial candidates that are truly sympathetic and genuine agitators to the Biafra movement from the south east. Definitely they will all win irrespective of their parties.
Just imagine having ur members in positions of authority. Imagine what it would do for the course.
Instead u decide to sit at home shouting " boycott, boycott". Who boycott epp? Nobody except APC.

1 Like

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Nobody: 10:19am On Dec 09, 2018
bantudra:

then go vote and atleast control your own area....you dont have to parcipate in presidential elections,but atleast have your people as governors in your area....
we've been voting for decades, what have my people gained?
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by bantudra: 10:22am On Dec 09, 2018
highcollide:
we've been voting for decades, what have my people gained?

because you continue votin the wrong people over and over again....shey na people from lagos dey vote in enugu or people from sokoto dey vote in abia....??...

you have no point...

btw....why were you people not shoutin referenwetin in the 80s,90s and so on....??

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Aregbesola: 3,906 Inmates Still At Large After Jail Attacks / The New Lagos / The Coup Of The Five Majors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.