Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,249 members, 7,818,858 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:48 AM

If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. (7422 Views)

Those Who Say Nnamdi Kanu Is A Coward, Engage Me In A Debate. / Don't Run Against Me In 2019 Election, Buhari Begs Nigerian Youths / See What Buhari Is Taking With Him To Daura If He Loses 2019 Election - Adeyanju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by kanubiafra: 3:07pm On Dec 10, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Consent of the governed? grin Your naivety is cute. Those are idealistic and sound good on paper, but in the real world, in America (paragon of democracy) the US North went to war with the South when the South, with overwhelming support from the Southern people, wanted to secede from the union. Nigerian democracy is like centuries behind the UK, and even the British government for decades frustrated all efforts at a Scottish referendum. Come back down to the real world and adjust to reality. An uncouth, disorganized group of noisemaking nuisances can't just demand a referendum and expect to be taken seriously. Not just polite advocacy, but uncouth, crude, deranged ultimatums while insulting and denigrating other Nigerians. It bemuses me that Ipob followers just can't see the reputational damage that Kanu's cult does to their movement.
you guys keep saying kanu is right to demand biafra but wrong on style and methods when will you come up with the right way ?

1 Like

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Donelli: 3:29pm On Dec 10, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

It sounds far more practical than calling for election boycotts.
I'm still not convinced.

Again, as I have continued to repeat, every country in the world resists balkanization and I don't expect Nigeria to be any different.
When there's no justice and equity in a country, you can not write off these kinds of uprising.

No, I meant consequential. Read the sentence again.
Nnamdi Kanu is Ipob, and Ipob is Nnamdi Kanu. Ipob is not an open space for ideas. It is entirely reflective of the tyrannical whims of the person they declared "supreme leader". It is more a cult of Nnamdi Kanu than a serious intellectual movement. If Nnamdi Kanu didn't call for election boycotts, we wouldn't be here arguing about it.
My bad, I've modified it.
It's at your own discretion to describe NK any way you perceive though, all I can tell you is people are more likely to subscribe to actions if they understand why they are doing what they do. We have been voting for ages and nothing to show for it, let's try something new.

And don't delude yourself. IPOB are no different from those politicians. Power ultimately corrupts and Nnamdi Kanu is certainly a man corrupted by power. Hence the disgraceful images of people bowing and genuflecting and prostrating before him and kissing his feet and he accepted the reverential treatment rather than selling his movement as one of comradeship. Where are all those leaders of Niger Delta militants who claimed they were fighting for their people? Many of those militants like Tompolo, Asari Dokubo and Boyloaf are billionaires today from amnesty deals while their people live in the same squalor. If your politicians are incompetent, or they're corrupt, or they don't represent your interests, change them. Elect new officials. Wield the power that Ipob claim to have to effect grassroots change. That is hard work that shows you know what you're doing. Marching in the streets and shouting "zoo" upandan, and abusing Buhari and Fulanis is lazy and useless. If that is the only way Ipob can wield power, then it is an utterly useless organization. This is why serious intellectual movements should be led by people of intellect and steady temperament who can chart intelligent strategies and involve those they represent to contribute in an open space of ideas. If you leave your movement in the hands of crude, uncouth riffraffs, your movement would be one of riffraffs and no one would take you seriously. Again, name me any prominent Igbo sons that support Ipob. Why do you think they don't?
I say again, in due time we will all take stock.

Nnamdi Kanu has not outwitted anybody. He has not made one shred of difference to the Nigerian political space. He hasn't attracted international condemnation because the international community don't care about him and he's irrelevant to them. They're not exactly lining up to support or endorse him.
Are you in this country at all grin
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:37pm On Dec 10, 2018
kanubiafra:
you guys keep saying kanu is right to demand biafra but wrong on style and methods when will you come up with the right way ?

I have no desire for any Biafra because governance in Igbo land is as useless as everywhere else in Nigeria. Worse even. Biafra will not solve our problems. It is up to those with visions about a Biafran republic to articulate a strategy that does not insult the intelligence of Ndigbo.
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Obi1kenobi(m): 3:59pm On Dec 10, 2018
Donelli:

It's at your own discretion to describe NK any way you perceive though, all I can tell you is people are more likely to subscribe to actions if they understand why they are doing what they do. We have been voting for ages and nothing to show for it, let's try something new.

This is the equivalent of saying "I've been working hard and my career is not moving forward. Let me try something new and sit at home". It doesn't make any sense. I've outlined all the ways it doesn't make sense. One thing about many Ipob supporters is that many that shout loudest about boycotts were never voters in the first place. The South East has always been known for voter apathy. Many of these boycott advocates have never involved themselves in any serious way to influence their domestic politics. 99% of them can't name their LGA chairman. Yet, they critique a system that they have never tried to reform.
Plenty of charlatans in history, like Kanu, know how to whip up anger and resentment and bitterness and hate. But charlatans such as these are often more interested in their own power than governing. Communist movements throughout history for example have often exploited mass anger at the elites by the poor masses in trying to reform the system to create equality for all. But every communist government eventually end up as totalitarian regimes under which those same masses end up suffering more.

Anyone that cannot advocate practical solutions, but offers only anger and resentment is a charlatan and will never yield anything productive. And that is all that Nnamdi Kanu and Ipob are good at. They are very good at anger. They're very good at insults. But they're incapable of channeling their anger to productive endeavors, which is why despite building a movement with millions of followers, they have zero political power and only exist to be nuisances. They lack the intellectual capacity, or the temperament. All they have to offer is anger.

2 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Warship: 4:13pm On Dec 10, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

I have no desire for any Biafra because governance in Igbo land is as useless as everywhere else in Nigeria. Worse even. Biafra will not solve our problems. It is up to those with visions about a Biafran republic to articulate a strategy that does not insult the intelligence of Ndigbo.

When Biafra is established which will certainly be, you are free to relocate to Arewanistan Republic because your kind is not needed in our midst.
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Donelli: 4:28pm On Dec 10, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

This is the equivalent of saying "I've been working hard and my career is not moving forward. Let me try something new and sit at home". It doesn't make any sense. I've outlined all the ways it doesn't make sense. One thing about many Ipob supporters is that many that shout loudest about boycotts were never voters in the first place. The South East has always been known for voter apathy. Many of these boycott advocates have never involved themselves in any serious way to influence their domestic politics. 99% of them can't name their LGA chairman. Yet, they critique a system that they have never tried to reform.
Plenty of charlatans in history, like Kanu, know how to whip up anger and resentment and bitterness and hate. But charlatans such as these are often more interested in their own power than governing. Communist movements throughout history for example have often exploited mass anger at the elites by the poor masses in trying to reform the system to create equality for all. But every communist government eventually end up as totalitarian regimes under which those same masses end up suffering more.

Anyone that cannot advocate practical solutions, but offers only anger and resentment is a charlatan and will never yield anything productive. And that is all that Nnamdi Kanu and Ipob are good at. They are very good at anger. They're very good at insults. But they're incapable of channeling their anger to productive endeavors, which is why despite building a movement with millions of followers, they have zero political power and only exist to be nuisances. They lack the intellectual capacity, or the temperament. All they have to offer is anger.
No it's not. I can change jobs, change career, start a business, retire early and tour the world...

Unfortunately no advanced country is recruiting for the position of citizens. That analogy no follow at all.

Bro, I ask again, we have been voting-in and voting-out governments, how has it improved our lives.
Truly, most Igbos don't bother about the electoral process because it's a waste of time. Northerners are passionate about elections, whose living standards are better off...do the maths.

1 Like

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:50pm On Dec 10, 2018
Donelli:

No it's not. I can change jobs, change career, start a business, retire early and tour the world...

Unfortunately no advanced country is recruiting for the position of citizens. That analogy no follow at all.

Bro, I ask again, we have been voting-in and voting-out governments, how has it improved our lives.
Truly, most Igbos don't bother about the electoral process because it's a waste of time. Northerners are passionate about elections, whose living standards are better off...do the maths.

The same way you work to move out the politicians failing you as you're empowered to do in a democracy. What you're suggesting is passiveness as a solution. As I said, would be as nonsensical as solving your own personal problems by avoiding those problems instead of confronting them. It makes zero sense.
You've been voting the wrong governments which is why your system has failed. Simple. In your Biafran paradise, you'll still have to vote governments except you expect Kanu to rule for life. grin And yes, voting has benefited many of us. In my own state, Anambra, voting out PDP after the disastrous tenure of Mbadinuju has transformed our state for the better. Sullivan Chime worked in Enugu, and Umahi is doing great in Ebonyi. Voting works. Anybody that does not vote has no right to complain about the government that rules him. And governments will keep on ruling you whether you vote or not.

Why only Northerners. Yorubas vote more than Igbos too, and they keep attracting most of the investments to Nigeria while we keep shouting "marginalization". Buhari has worked more in Yorubaland than his own North, and when Buhari steps down, Tinubu will decide Buhari's successor when power shifts to the South in 2023. Yorubas will reap the benefits of intelligent politics, and we'll still be here shouting "marginalization", "biafra or death", "zoo this....zoo that" and all that nonsense and Yorubas will keep reaping the dividends of astute political manoeuvering. They are the ones outsmarting us, while you're claiming Nnamdi Kanu is outsmarting the FG. In the end, we'll be the ones crying in bitterness. I can guarantee you of that.

2 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Obi1kenobi(m): 4:57pm On Dec 10, 2018
Warship:

When Biafra is established which will certainly be, you are free to relocate to Arewanistan Republic because your kind is not needed in our midst.

1) Biafra will never be established because Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB cult are moorons who don't think.

2) I'm already long relocated. grin I live in Festac in Lagos, and majority of Festac residents are Igbos who have built livelihoods in Lagos: traders/businessmen, store owners, bankers and corporate professionals etc. None of them give the slightest fucckks about Biafra. I don't give 2 shiits if you "need" me.

This is one of the reasons for my hostility to Ipob. I tried reasoning with many of them years ago, but I found the only way to talk to many of them is to equally respond like beasts the way they like it.
Get ready for eternal frustration crying "marginalization" and "biafra or death" while the rest of the country keep outsmarting you. Because you will never see that Biafran paradise you're dreaming of.

1 Like

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Warship: 7:43pm On Dec 10, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

1) Biafra will never be established because Nnamdi Kanu and his IPOB cult are moorons who don't think.

2) I'm already long relocated. grin I live in Festac in Lagos, and majority of Festac residents are Igbos who have built livelihoods in Lagos: traders/businessmen, store owners, bankers and corporate professionals etc. None of them give the slightest fucckks about Biafra. I don't give 2 shiits if you "need" me.

This is one of the reasons for my hostility to Ipob. I tried reasoning with many of them years ago, but I found the only way to talk to many of them is to equally respond like beasts the way they like it.
Get ready for eternal frustration crying "marginalization" and "biafra or death" while the rest of the country keep outsmarting you. Because you will never see that Biafran paradise you're dreaming of.

Your words are like those of a drunkard.

Drunkards talk so authoritatively of the future as if they are omniscience.

Only God can say Biafra will never manifest and I will believe.

You are free to continue talking like a drunkard because it is a free world.
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:11pm On Dec 10, 2018
Warship:

Your words are like those of a drunkard.

Drunkards talk so authoritatively of a future as if they are omniscience.

Only God can say Biafra will never manifest and I will believe.

You are free to continue talking like a drunkard because it is a free world.

Says the drunkard that said "when Biafra is established". It is God that told you Biafra will be established, abi? Typical Ipob clown.

3 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Warship: 9:47pm On Dec 10, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Says the drunkard that said "when Biafra is established". It is God that told you Biafra will be established, abi? Typical Ipob clown.

Did God tell you that, Nigeria will last forever.?

From your comment, there is no difference between you and a drunkard

1 Like

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Obi1kenobi(m): 9:51pm On Dec 10, 2018
Warship:

Did God tell you that, Nigeria will last forever.?

From your comment, there is no difference between you and a drunkard

Mugu does not understand how this works. grin You're the one that asked my if God told me there will never be Biafra, and I simply directed your foolish question at you and you can't answer it, then you're now blabbering nonsense. It is you that God revealed to that "Biafra will be established", abi?

3 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Warship: 10:04pm On Dec 10, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Mugu does not understand how this works. grin You're the one that asked my if God told me there will never be Biafra, and I simply directed your foolish question at you and you can't answer it, then you're now blabbering nonsense. It is you that God revealed to that "Biafra will be established", abi?

Only an illiterate drunkard speaks about the future he has no control over with myopic confidence.

In your myopic & self delusional mind, you declared with certainty that Biafra will never arise when you are not God who is omniscience.

My advice to you is to stop drinking too much alcohol since it has made you assume the role of an omniscience being.

Drinking too much especially alcohol is not good.

1 Like

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Obi1kenobi(m): 10:15pm On Dec 10, 2018
Warship:

Only an illiterate drunkard speaks about the future he has no control over with myopic confidence.

In your myopic & self delusional mind, you declared with certainty that Biafra will never arise when you are not God who is omniscience.

My advice to you is to stop drinking too much alcohol since it has made you assume the role of an omniscience being.

Drinking too much especially alcohol is not good.

Yet, our resident cretin can still not answer which god told him that Biafra will be established. When you were rambling about "when Biafra will be established", Amadioha whispered it in your ear, abi?

4 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by banom(m): 10:58pm On Dec 10, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

A secession of the SE might lead to the Niger Delta fighting to form their own republic so that they would control 100% of their oil. The SW seeing that there is no oyel money again would also look to secede to solely enjoy the gains of being Nigeria's industrial hub and commercial nerve centre and gateway. All that VAT that Lagos are generating - they would want it to stop going to the North. These are the threats of allowing breakaway groups and the sensitive realities we have to navigate. Not insulting other people as "unity beggars" in a "zoo" as if the SE is that important to everybody: a region that is the least cosmopolitan in Nigeria with the lowest population of non-indigenes.
The FG deployed military might because Ipob were nuisances who generated provocative hate speech, and political thuggery that would have eventually led to violent conflict. Of course the FG overreacted and killing unarmed protesters is a moral outrage, but it was the state governors of the SE that asked the FG to intervene.

The FG keep ignoring demands for referendum because it is not made by consequential people. Who the hell is Nnamdi Kanu - an unemployed, uncouth riffraff from the UK, to tell the FG what to do? How many of your elected representatives have you lobbied to represent your Biafran interests before the National Assembly? Which politician in the whole of Igbo land at any tier of government was elected on the platform of advocating the Biafran cause? WHy couldn't Osita Chidoka, who expressed solidarity for the Ipob cause, get even 2% of votes in the Anambra elections? You see why Ipob is an unserious intellectual movement who prefer empty noisemaking to coherent strategy, when they couldn't even mobilize support for sympathetic politicians and preferred to shout "zoo" upandan? How many of the Igbo elite (politicians, businessmen, corporate executives, industrialists, academics and intellectuals and authors, royal fathers and prominent traditional rulers etc) ever raised their voice to support the Ipob cause? How many? In Catalonia for example, plenty of their elite class (including even football figures like Guardiola and Pique) support secession from Spain? Name prominent Igbos that support the Biafran cause? Again, who the hell is Kanu for the FG to take him seriously? If Ipob are too lazy to mobilize support through political advocacy, then they can either pick up weapons and fight or shut up.

The issue is not whether the SE is marginalized or not. That is not the point of my argument. The point is the strategy that Ipob have chosen which makes zero sense. I have never in my life heard a group that claims dissociation from politics is the solution to their problem rather than looking to reform the political system. If you're abandoning the political process, the only other strategy that makes sense is taking up arms to fight a war. Anything inbetween that like I said is a whole lot of empty noisemaking. Boycotting elections like I said earlier would be the equivalent of a prisoner in the Holocaust death camps in World War 2 going on hunger strike. If your jailers are already planning to kill you, why would they care if you eat or not? grin If the FG that are marginalizing you keep on winning elections while you keep on boycotting, what have you changed? Why would Buhari or his APC successor (who won't be Igbo for sure) care whether the SE votes or not? The less votes from the SE, the better for them, since the SE offers bloc votes to their opposition. Why would they care if you vote or not? What would you have achieved?

Ipob made a lot of threats before the Anambra elections. The harassed Obiano in a church service, and desecrated the funeral of Ezeemo's family. Naturally, there were fears on election day, they'd cause trouble. The FG were there to keep the peace. It is your right to stay at home during elections. It is not your right to disrupt and intimidate voters. That is a crime. They don't care about our boycott. They care about keeping the peace during elections. Massive police presence is always mobilized during elections in every state, so Anambra was no different. And after all the noise Ipob made, more people voted in Anambra's last elections than the one 4 years earlier.

Oga your ignorance is legendary. The summary of everything you wrote is that power belongs to the elites and not to the people. You are a typical African slave. A product of a failed Nigerian nation. Sorry.

2 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:22pm On Dec 10, 2018
banom:

Oga your ignorance is legendary. The summary of everything you wrote is that power belongs to the elites and not to the people. You are a typical African slave. A product of a failed Nigerian nation. Sorry.

Well, I guess you would surmise that if your English comprehension isn't what it should be. But I'd much rather enslave myself to those elites - 10 times better than being the slave of a jobless, uncouth charlatan. Go lick your masters boots:

4 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by kanubiafra: 12:46am On Dec 11, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

and so what the hell are you doing on a biafran thread? to the extent that you want to know how we intend to get it? why not find a way to correct your useless nigeria government? you should be asking and proferring solution to the problems of nigeria. biafra is an elixir to our problems take it or leave it . bye

1 Like

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by pazienza(m): 5:17pm On Dec 12, 2018
Obi1kenobi post

A secession of the SE might lead to the Niger Delta fighting to form their own republic so that they would control 100% of their oil. The SW seeing that there is no oyel money again would also look to secede to solely enjoy the gains of being Nigeria's industrial hub and commercial nerve centre and gateway. All that VAT that Lagos are generating - they would want it to stop going to the North. These are the threats of allowing breakaway groups and the sensitive realities we have to navigate. Not insulting other people as "unity beggars" in a "zoo" as if the SE is that important to everybody: a region that is the least cosmopolitan in Nigeria with the lowest population of non-indigenes.
The FG deployed military might because Ipob were nuisances who generated provocative hate speech, and political thuggery that would have eventually led to violent conflict. Of course the FG overreacted and killing unarmed protesters is a moral outrage, but it was the state governors of the SE that asked the FG to intervene

Ofcourse, SE secession will lead to cascade of events that will lead to SS groups forming their own countries or will only continue staying in Nigeria if 100% resource control were offered, a condition which will not be acceptable to neither SW or the North.

But you are wrong on SW. They stand to lose out if Nigeria disintegrates. As it stands, Lagos is the sea and air gateway to Nigeria. Lagos port and MMIA enjoy nearly total monopoly. Most foreign embassies and consulates are in Lagos or Abuja. It gives Lagos the edge as number one destination of companies coming to Nigeria as they usually set up their headquarters there to maximize on the proximity to Seaport and ease of travel to the rest of the world via Functional international airport. This is why most companies are concentrated in Lagos and are now moving to near by Ogun, it's the ease of international business a functional international airport offers and the convenience of importation of raw materials for manufacturing through the only fully functional Nigerian seaport that makes Lagos what it is today.

Should Nigeria disintegrate,SE will have its own international functional airport and possibly a River port , while SS will have functional seaports and international airports, companies to operate in SS and SE will not be allowed to produce goods in Lagos factories and dump on SS and SE, they would have to move in to SE and SS to establish, if they want a part of the market share.
This would mean that jobs usually found in Lagos will be located to these places and will cause depopulation of Lagos and her market share.

Countries will establish embassies in Biafra and Niger delta, the traffic of MMIA will shrink by more than 50% as people Of SE and SS origins can now process visas in their regions and travel using their international airports.
The end result will be shrinking of Lagos economy to serve just the NW and SW.

Disintegrated Nigeria will not really benefit SW in terms of Lagos. Lagos currently enjoys sea and air monopoly, it would not have in disintegrated Nigeria. Serious and real Yorubas know this deep down their hearts, which is why they are usually pro Nigeria.

SE don't need or want to be important to anybody. SE is probably the most literate region in the country. The region with the most homogeneous demographics in most things, ranging from culture, language, and religion.
It also boasts of a highly cerebral human resources scattered all of over the world.
Most importantly, we are the only region who would have suffered greatly to get a new country and have a deep sense of patriotism towards our new nation that was grown and watered for more than five decades. I have never seen a great country without highly patriotic citizens. SE have the ingredients needed to build a prosperous progressive nation.

FG deployed military and police personnels against MASSOB, and I don't remember MASSOB operating a radio station, I don't remember them making so called "provocative" comments you speak of. Yet they were hunted in numbers and killed in large numbers.
Truth is that Nigeria is afraid of Igbo Seccesion.

The FG keep ignoring demands for referendum because it is not made by consequential people. Who the hell is Nnamdi Kanu - an unemployed, uncouth riffraff from the UK, to tell the FG what to do? How many of your elected representatives have you lobbied to represent your Biafran interests before the National Assembly? Which politician in the whole of Igbo land at any tier of government was elected on the platform of advocating the Biafran cause? WHy couldn't Osita Chidoka, who expressed solidarity for the Ipob cause, get even 2% of votes in the Anambra elections? You see why Ipob is an unserious intellectual movement who prefer empty noisemaking to coherent strategy, when they couldn't even mobilize support for sympathetic politicians and preferred to shout "zoo" upandan? How many of the Igbo elite (politicians, businessmen, corporate executives, industrialists, academics and intellectuals and authors, royal fathers and prominent traditional rulers etc) ever raised their voice to support the Ipob cause? How many? In Catalonia for example, plenty of their elite class (including even football figures like Guardiola and Pique) support secession from Spain? Name prominent Igbos that support the Biafran cause? Again, who the hell is Kanu for the FG to take him seriously? If Ipob are too lazy to mobilize support through political advocacy, then they can either pick up weapons and fight or shut up.

It doesn't matter who makes the demand For Biafra. The FG will not give up any part of Nigeria without being pushed and left with no option.
Ojukwu, Zik, Okpara, Mbu and all the Eastern region Big names, including Akanu Ibiam who returned his Knighthood to the British Crown in protest to British genocidal war in Biafra were all big wigs in Eastern region political landscape in 1960s who supported Biafra at birth in the 1960s, yet it was not enough for the FG to back down..

What has changed since then that would make FG to change.
Moreover it's funny how you belittle current Biafran leaders, you forgot that revolutions are not always led by those within the system the revolution hope to topple. It's often the case that after the success of a revolution, the hitherto nobodies who led the revolutions, become etched in history as national heroes. Kanu and his ilks might be a nobody to you today, but who knows tomorrow.
Either way, support or non support of current Igbo political class, might not necessary change the outcome of the Biafran struggle. It didn't change it in 1960s. But I get that it would improve the legitimacy of the struggle before the international community.

The issue is not whether the SE is marginalized or not. That is not the point of my argument. The point is the strategy that Ipob have chosen which makes zero sense. I have never in my life heard a group that claims dissociation from politics is the solution to their problem rather than looking to reform the political system. If you're abandoning the political process, the only other strategy that makes sense is taking up arms to fight a war. Anything inbetween that like I said is a whole lot of empty noisemaking. Boycotting elections like I said earlier would be the equivalent of a prisoner in the Holocaust death camps in World War 2 going on hunger strike. If your jailers are already planning to kill you, why would they care if you eat or not? grin If the FG that are marginalizing you keep on winning elections while you keep on boycotting, what have you changed? Why would Buhari or his APC successor (who won't be Igbo for sure) care whether the SE votes or not? The less votes from the SE, the better for them, since the SE offers bloc votes to their opposition. Why would they care if you vote or not? What would you have achieved?

I am also a strong critic of the boycott elections stance of IPOB. I'm yet to see how tenable a solution it is.
But unlike you, I will not go overboard to start about denigrating Ndiigbo or fellow Igbos to pass across my point.
Freedom fight is long term thing. Catalonia with all their sophistication are yet to free themselves from Spain. If Election participation is the best method, why is Catalonia not yet independent, why was their political leader who led the referendum last time around arrested and imprisoned by Madrid with no consequences for Spain, ever thought of that?

Ipob made a lot of threats before the Anambra elections. The harassed Obiano in a church service, and desecrated the funeral of Ezeemo's family. Naturally, there were fears on election day, they'd cause trouble. The FG were there to keep the peace. It is your right to stay at home during elections. It is not your right to disrupt and intimidate voters. That is a crime. They don't care about our boycott. They care about keeping the peace during elections. Massive police presence is always mobilized during elections in every state, so Anambra was no different. And after all the noise Ipob made, more people voted in Anambra's last elections than the one 4 years earlier.

IPOB never made any threats on Anambra election. They simply mobilized, campaigned and created public awareness for their election boycott agenda. They went about it peacefully and strongly.

IPOB never harassed Obiano. Either way, they are part of his people, and have the right to made open their demands before his presence, it's called democracy. Political leaders are public servants and not demigods.

The Ezeemo burial thing was staged. IPOB denied involvement in that.
IPOB have always gone about their business peacefully, despite harassment and deaths, the FG in connivance with our state governments had meted on them.

Udo

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Obi1kenobi(m): 7:22pm On Dec 12, 2018
pazienza:
Obi1kenobi post

Ofcourse, SE secession will lead to cascade of events that will lead to SS groups forming their own countries or will only continue staying in Nigeria if 100% resource control were offered, a condition which will not be acceptable to neither SW or the North.

But you are wrong on SW. They stand to lose out if Nigeria disintegrates. As it stands, Lagos is the sea and air gateway to Nigeria. Lagos port and MMIA enjoy nearly total monopoly. Most foreign embassies and consulates are in Lagos or Abuja. It gives Lagos the edge as number one destination of companies coming to Nigeria as they usually set up their headquarters there to maximize on the proximity to Seaport and ease of travel to the rest of the world via Functional international airport. This is why most companies are concentrated in Lagos and are now moving to near by Ogun, it's the ease of international business a functional international airport offers and the convenience of importation of raw materials for manufacturing through the only fully functional Nigerian seaport that makes Lagos what it is today.

Should Nigeria disintegrate,SE will have its own international functional airport and possibly a River port , while SS will have functional seaports and international airports, companies to operate in SS and SE will not be allowed to produce goods in Lagos factories and dump on SS and SE, they would have to move in to SE and SS to establish, if they want a part of the market share.
This would mean that jobs usually found in Lagos will be located to these places and will cause depopulation of Lagos and her market share.

Countries will establish embassies in Biafra and Niger delta, the traffic of MMIA will shrink by more than 50% as people Of SE and SS origins can now process visas in their regions and travel using their international airports.

Disintegrated Nigeria will not really benefit SW in terms of Lagos. Lagos currently enjoys sea and air monopoly, it would not have in disintegrated Nigeria. Serious and real Yorubas know this deep down their hearts, which is why they are usually pro Nigeria.

SE don't need or want to be important to anybody. SE is probably the most literate region in the country. The region with the most homogeneous demographics in most things, ranging from culture, language, and religion.
It also boasts of a highly cerebral human resources scattered all of over the world.
Most importantly, we are the only region who would have suffered greatly to get a new country and have a deep sense of patriotism towards our new nation that was grown and watered for more than five decades. I have never seen a great country without highly patriotic citizens. SE have the ingredients needed to build a prosperous progressive nation.

FG deployed military and police personnels against MASSOB, and I don't remember MASSOB operating a radio station, I don't remember them making so called "provocative" comments you speak of. Yet they were hunted in numbers and killed in large numbers.

I'm not talking about who would gain the most or lose out the most. In any balkanization of Nigeria, the sequence of events I see is: the SE (where secession agitation sees the greatest fervour) breaking away; then the SS emboldened by this event will certainly start clamouring to control their resources or leave; and once the SS leaves, the SW having seen 2 of the more progressive regions of the country leave will not want to sit around for the troubled North to be a parasitic millstone around its neck and they'd look to break away too. Possibly the Middle Belt wouldn't want to be yoked with the core North as well and might move on to establish its separate state. The Yugoslav civil war started with conflicts between Serbs and Croats. Then the Bosnians too joined the conflict against Serbs. This spiraled into events that led to the formation of 7 different republics from former Yugoslavia.
I wasn't arguing about who would profit or lose the most in a schism of the country. The SS would definitely profit the most. How it plays out with other regions would remain to be seen.

It doesn't matter who makes the demand For Biafra. The FG will not give up any part of Nigeria without being pushed and left with no option.
Ojukwu, Zik, Okpara, Mbu and all the Eastern region Big names, including Akanu Ibiam who returned his Knighthood to the British Crown in protest to British genocidal war in Biafra were all big wigs in Eastern region political landscape in 1960s who supported Biafra at birth in the 1960s, yet it was not enough for the FG to back down..

Moreover it's funny how you belittle current Biafran leaders, you forgot that revolutions are not always led by those within the system the revolution hope to topple. It's often the case that after the success of a revolution, the hitherto nobodies who led the revolutions, become etched in history as national heroes. Kanu and his ilks might be a nobody to you today, but who knows tomorrow.
Either way, support or non support of current Igbo political class, might not necessary change the outcome of the Biafran struggle. It didn't change it in 1960s. But I get that it would improve the legitimacy of the struggle before the international community.

Of course it matters. Democracy is not just about civil liberties (free speech, rights to vote etc), but about institutions, and constitutionality and due process. Hence, I have kept repeating again and again and again that if IPOB are too lazy to wield their power effectively as a pressure group to ensure that all elected officials of ala Igbo represent our interests (including secession interests), then the only other thing that makes sense would be to arm themselves to fight against the state to actualize their vision. Anything else inbetween is a waste of time. We will not secede from Nigeria just because many IPOB supporters keep shouting "zoo" upandan.

IPOB is a group with great grassroots appeal to millions of Igbos, but cannot wield that power in any productive, constructive way. Why? Because it evolved into the cult of "supreme leader" Kanu, rather than a serious intellectual movement which is an open space for the contributions of all Igbos. This is why they can't chart a coherent strategy on how to actualize their aims. The best they can come up with is election boycotts - the single dumbest thing I have ever heard in politics in my life. Instead of channeling their rage inwards at the politicians that fail to represent the interests of Ndigbo and mobilizing to upend those politicians, they channel their frustrations outwards becoming a nuisance to all groups in Nigeria. I simply don't understand how they make sense in any way. It is clear that those who lead that organization lack the intellectual capacity to be taken seriously.

And of course the FG have to be "pushed". Pushed by our elected representatives, who themselves would be pushed by their constituents. All I see watching IPOB is a group that don't seem to understand the mechanism of government. They are very good in whipping up anger, like many revolutionaries (whether fascists, communists or whoever) are skilled at doing. But plenty of revolutionary figures skilled in channeling the anger of their followers often turn out to be very bad in governance and offering constructive solutions.
"No referendum, no election" is the mantra of IPOB, and as long as that is the sum of their philosophy, they aren't worth being taken seriously.

I am also a strong critic of the boycott elections stance of IPOB. I'm yet to see how tenable a solution it is.
But unlike you, I will not go overboard to start about denigrating Ndiigbo or fellow Igbos to pass across my point.
Freedom fight is long term thing. Catalonia with all their sophistication are yet to free themselves from Spain. If Election participation is the best method, why is Catalonia not yet independent, why was their political leader who led the referendum last time around arrested and imprisoned by Madrid with no consequences for Spain, ever thought of that?

I'm not denigrating Ndigbo. I'm denigrating IPOB. My allegiance to Ndigbo has no relationship with my loathing for IPOB. The very reason I loathe IPOB is because they are leading Ndigbo off a cliff. When Buhari wins the 2019 polls (which he certainly will), and we're outmaneuvered by Yorubas for the 2023 polls (which I believe in 90% likely) and start crying about "marginalization", that is when we will understand what these past few years of madness have done to our standing in Nigeria. And all the bridges they are burning is not even for a productive purpose which would yield anything of value, because they have no coherent strategies to do anything productive. Anger is all they have to offer our people.

IPOB never made any threats on Anambra election. They simply mobilized, campaigned and created public awareness for their election boycott agenda. They went about it peacefully and strongly.

IPOB never harassed Obiano. Either way, they are part of his people, and have the right to made open their demands before his presence, it's called democracy. Political leaders are public servants and not demigods.

IPOB have always gone about their business peacefully, despite harassment and deaths, the FG in connivance with our state governments had meted on them.

Udo

IPOB caused disruption in a mass service Obiano attended in St. Joseph in Ekwulobia, which was only repelled by Obiano's heavy security from desecrating the church. How is that not harassment? They repeated the trick recently in Abia:
https://www.nairaland.com/4821714/chaos-ipob-members-disrupt-church
They attempted to disrupt a restructuring summit held by Ohaneze, but were only repelled by heavy security presence deployed to protect the venue after they already made threats.
Ezeemo said IPOB disrupted his father-in-law's burial and every media outlet reported the same. Why would you say it was "staged"?

Nobody is claiming that they are Boko Haram, but why always deny that IPOB members have engaged in uncivil disruption or thuggery. Were you ever stuck on the road the times that IPOB blocked the Niger Bridge?

Udo diri gi.

2 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by banom(m): 6:31am On Dec 13, 2018
pazienza:
Obi1kenobi post

Udo

Thanks my bro, I salute your your intelligence. Obi1kenobi is only smart by half but he is yet to accept that. His trick can only fool a person not sophisticated enough to see through his motive and who he really is.

To start with, I don't believe he is igbo as he is claiming, forget his moniker, in a faceless forum any body can claim any identity or background. He is only playing an insidious game.

Observe that the two approaches (political or war) he is proffering for the agitation is exactly what the Nigerian government wishes that Ipob will take. A political approach is weak, Long, unreliable, and easy to sabotage , while war will be costly for us , and even with strong backers, we can not guarantee we will win in the end, and should we fail to win, the consequences will be unimaginable.

Another issue he claims he has with the agitation is the adoration Nnamdi Kanu gets from his followers, and this is exactly where he exposed true identity and motive. For God's sake, this is agitation we are talking about which naturally involves millions of people following and obeying the instructions of one person with clear purpose. Naturally any leader who can inspire his people, sacrifice for them, confront their common enemy and plight, give them courage, speak for them , and allay their fears will be well loved, adored and even worshiped by his people. And NNAMDI KANU fully ticked those boxes.

So what is wrong if his people adore and honour him for all that he has sacrificed and achieved for them ? Go to Yoruba land where I believe obi1kenobi is from, and you will see leaders and kings who have not done to his people half what Kanu has achieved for his people getting even bigger adoration. So what is wrong if I see Kanu and I prostrate and greet him? How is that a problem ? He is a royal Prince to start with, and a man who has stacked his life, his family, and is sacrificing everything to liberate his people. He is fully deserving of every respect and adoration he gets. He is the Moses of our time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Obi1kenobi(m): 11:04am On Dec 13, 2018
banom:

Thanks my bro, I salute your your intelligence. Obi1kenobi is only smart by half but he is yet to accept that. His trick can only fool a person not sophisticated enough to see through his motive and who he really is.

To start with, I don't believe he is igbo as he is claiming, forget his moniker, in a faceless forum any body can claim any identity or background. He is only playing an insidious game.

BINGO!!! grin I'm surprised it took this long for the typical IPOB cult member to suggest the emboldened above. I usually get it after my first comment on a thread where some snowflake who can't handle my eviscerating their foolishness decides the only way to get a word in is by delegitimizing my Igbo-ness. A telltale sign that he's losing the argument. grin You must think very poorly of Igbo people and their independence of thought if you believe we are all mindless sheep who must parrot your talking points. In any case, who cares whether some nonentity on an anonymous internet platform thinks I'm Igbo or not. Whatever makes you feel better is fine by me. smiley

Observe that the two approaches (political or war) he is proffering for the agitation is exactly what the Nigerian government wishes that Ipob will take. A political approach is weak, Long, unreliable, and easy to sabotage , while war will be costly for us , and even with strong backers, we can not guarantee we will win in the end, and should we fail to win, the consequences will be unimaginable.

It's nobody's fault if IPOB are an intellectually lazy cult of Nnamdi Kanu who don't understand the mechanisms and institutions of governance, but only exist to be noisemaking nuisances. It doesn't matter if a political approach is "long, unreliable and easy to sabotage". That is the only clear pathway to accomplish IPOB's goals in a democracy. That is how Quebec did it with decades of agitation from their elected representatives to get a referendum and eventually got the referendum and lost. That is how Scotland did it with decades of agitation and lobbying for a referendum from their elected representatives before they eventually got the referendum and lost. That is how Catalonia have continued to do it after decades of agitation and lobbying by their elected representatives to get a referendum and they are yet to get one.

I haven't said you must follow this path. The much shorter path to success is to pick up weapons and fight for independence like the Croats or Bosnians or the American South in the American civil war. Anything other than these 2 pathways is empty noisemaking. And noisemaking for the sake of noisemaking and attention seeking irritates me, which is what IPOB amount to: attention-seeking noisemakers. If you're going to damage the political standing of Ndigbo in Nigeria with "no referendum, no election" foolishness and insulting everybody in the "zoo", then it should be for a coherent strategy to get what you want. Not burning bridges while accomplishing nothing other than noisemaking. You can shout "no referendum, no election" from now till eternity - nobody will ever take your lot seriously. Not even the politicians you elect to represent you take you seriously, and they ignore you. Abaribe that stuck his neck out for Kanu is regretting it, and Chidoka that was trying to curry favour with IPOB couldn't get 2% of the votes in Anambra elections. Yet, you keep up with the same reetarded strategy ignoring your elected representatives to disturb other Nigerians with your insanity. Isn't that madness?

Another issue he claims he has with the agitation is the adoration Nnamdi Kanu gets from his followers, and this is exactly where he exposed true identity and motive. For God's sake, this is agitation we are talking about which naturally involves millions of people following and obeying the instructions of one person with clear purpose. Naturally any leader who can inspire his people, sacrifice for them, confront their common enemy and plight, give them courage, speak for them , and allay their fears will be well loved, adored and even worshiped by his people. And NNAMDI KANU fully ticked those boxes.

So what is wrong if his people adore and honour him for all that he has sacrificed and achieved for them ? Go to Yoruba land where I believe obi1kenobi is from, and you will see leaders and kings who have not done to his people half what Kanu has achieved for his people getting even bigger adoration. So what is wrong if I see Kanu and I prostrate and greet him? How is that a problem ? He is a royal Prince to start with, and a man who has stacked his life, his family, and is sacrificing everything to liberate his people. He is fully deserving of every respect and adoration he gets. He is the Moses of our time.

Indians followed Mahatma Gandhi. South Africans followed Mandela. American blacks in the Civil Rights movement followed Martin Luther King. IPOB follow Nnamdi Kanu: a deranged cretin unfit in intellect or temperament to lead any serious movement worthy of respect. A man who endangers the safety and livelihoods of millions of Igbos around Nigeria with unguarded, reckless, hateful utterances and insults against all Nigeria groups is unfit to lead a serious movement. This is not even mentioning the strategic foolishness of making provocative statements against SS and Middle Belt people who should ordinarily be our allies.
Nobody who makes utterances like this is fit to lead any movement:

"...When we speak, the Zoo trembles, that is what happens when a cattle rearing terrorist and paedophile is your ruler."

"If you find anybody in your village asking after Radio Biafra kill the baboon Awusa Fulani or Yoruba bastard. Let them keep searching as we keep tweeting for #Biafra."

"Buhari is a shameless Paedophile and rapist."

"Buhari is a Terrorist he should be killed."

"Nigeria is a zoo and everybody living in that Godforsaken zoo deserves to die."

"Kumuyi should be stoned and dealt with thoroughly if he comes to Aba for his planned crusade."

"The imbecilic Goodluck Jonathan is a disgrace to humanity and deserves to be skinned alive for handing over to an Hausa goat."

"By the time we finish dealing with the animals in the zoo, there'll be none left to tell the story."

"We are assembling weapons and we need some more money to thoroughly equip our military to enable us unleash mayhem on Nigeria."

"Niger Deltans are cowards; we know what to do to them. Akwa Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Rivers, Edo and Cross Rivers State are our territory and anybody who tries to oppose us will be crushed."

"Buhari married his wife after raping her several times, the records are there."

"No Ibo man should attend any Church where the pastor is a Yoruba man, they are criminals and fools."

"Nigeria should prepare for war, we are coming to annihilate you, my secret service are already studying the zoo and strategising."

"Its either Biafra or death..."

I have known Nnamdi Kanu since my final year in UNN when I used to listen to Radio Biafra. I always thought he was mentally unstable, but he was an irrelevance and I just found him funny. Who knew that millions of IPOB sheep years later would devote themselves to the cult of a mentally volatile charlatan.
See yourself insulting Yoruba activists, many of whom were persecuted under the military with their lives at stake: the likes of Fela and Soyinka and Falana and Gani Fawehinmi. Fela was a constant thorn in the military's side until he released "Zombie" prompting the destruction of his home and Kalakuta shrine, brutalization and torture of him and his followers and his mum thrown off a balcony by soldiers and murdered. You think the riffraff you support who abandoned his followers at the first sign of trouble is better than them. grin
That you retain "adoration" for him says a lot about your value system. Go prostrate before your master. Plenty of us still retain our senses and don't genuflect before any riffraff just because we are frustrated with Nigerian politics.

4 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by pazienza(m): 6:47pm On Dec 14, 2018
Obi1kenobi post

I'm not talking about who would gain the most or lose out the most.

Not true. By the below assessment, you indirectly implied that SW would fair better than SE in disintegrated Nigeria. You reached this narrow conclusion without taking cognizance of the changes loss of the international airport monopoly and seaport monopoly Lagos currently enjoys under Nigeria will have on future prospects of SW independent country, and how SE will be better off from such changes.

The SW seeing that there is no oyel money again would also look to secede to solely enjoy the gains of being Nigeria's industrial hub and commercial nerve centre and gateway. All that VAT that Lagos are generating - they would want it to stop going to the North. These are the threats of allowing breakaway groups and the sensitive realities we have to navigate. Not insulting other people as "unity beggars" in a "zoo" as if the SE is that important to everybody: a region that is the least cosmopolitan in Nigeria with the lowest population of non-indigenes.

Of course it matters. Democracy is not just about civil liberties (free speech, rights to vote etc), but about institutions, and constitutionality and due process. Hence, I have kept repeating again and again and again that if IPOB are too lazy to wield their power effectively as a pressure group to ensure that all elected officials of ala Igbo represent our interests (including secession interests), then the only other thing that makes sense would be to arm themselves to fight against the state to actualize their vision. Anything else inbetween is a waste of time. We will not secede from Nigeria just because many IPOB supporters keep shouting "zoo" upandan.

Freedom fighting modalities differs depending on the situation of the fighting group. Government participation by freedom fighting organizations, worked for Scotland, but have not worked for Catalonia. There is no guarantee that it would work for Biafra. It will be nice, if you would admit that IPOB getting involved in the political process of SE would not gurantee Biafra freedom anymore than it has done for Catalonia so far.
Arming themselves right now, to fight Nigeria might not work as well.
It was tried before and failed.

IPOB is a group with great grassroots appeal to millions of Igbos, but cannot wield that power in any productive, constructive way. Why? Because it evolved into the cult of "supreme leader" Kanu, rather than a serious intellectual movement which is an open space for the contributions of all Igbos. This is why they can't chart a coherent strategy on how to actualize their aims. The best they can come up with is election boycotts - the single dumbest thing I have ever heard in politics in my life. Instead of channeling their rage inwards at the politicians that fail to represent the interests of Ndigbo and mobilizing to upend those politicians, they channel their frustrations outwards becoming a nuisance to all groups in Nigeria. I simply don't understand how they make sense in any way. It is clear that those who lead that organization lack the intellectual capacity to be taken seriously.

Every successful movement needs a clear cut leader and not left at the mercy of hyenas parading as intellectuals.
You had already made it clear that you don't believe in Biafra, so what does it matter that you and your ilks are not allowed to contribute to IPOB course of actions? If you truly believe in Biafra, you can always raise your own intellectual Biafran group to succeed IPOB or slowly force them to come in terms with your own views.

Nnamdi Kanu built IPOB from the scratch and displaced MASSOB and Uwazuruike because he gave Biafrans a better platform( radio station) to rally forces for their cause.
Nothing stops you and the so called IPOB hating, but Nigeria loving Igbo intellectuals from doing same. MASSOB members were loyal to Uwazuruike, but NK won them over. If the so called Igbo intellectuals can't win Igbo grassroot support from NK, then they are no intellectuals, they are more like Pseudo intellectuals.

And of course the FG have to be "pushed". Pushed by our elected representatives, who themselves would be pushed by their constituents. All I see watching IPOB is a group that don't seem to understand the mechanism of government. They are very good in whipping up anger, like many revolutionaries (whether fascists, communists or whoever) are skilled at doing. But plenty of revolutionary figures skilled in channeling the anger of their followers often turn out to be very bad in governance and offering constructive solutions.
"No referendum, no election" is the mantra of IPOB, and as long as that is the sum of their philosophy, they aren't worth being taken seriously.

We all watched Catalonia elected representatives push Madrid, and the scene we saw when Madrid government pushed them back, was no different from what Nigerian soldiers do to protesting Biafrans, we saw Spanish security guards harassing Catalonian civilians who were determined to participate in the referendum.
And just as NK was incarcerated, so was Catalonia elected head.

Like I said, Electoral participation has not worked for Catalonia independence agitators. Even though I admire it, but it's also true that it has failed to yield Independence for Catalonia. These things are not as clear cut as you make them.

I'm not denigrating Ndigbo. I'm denigrating IPOB. My allegiance to Ndigbo has no relationship with my loathing for IPOB. The very reason I loathe IPOB is because they are leading Ndigbo off a cliff. When Buhari wins the 2019 polls (which he certainly will), and we're outmaneuvered by Yorubas for the 2023 polls (which I believe in 90% likely) and start crying about "marginalization", that is when we will understand what these past few years of madness have done to our standing in Nigeria. And all the bridges they are burning is not even for a productive purpose which would yield anything of value, because they have no coherent strategies to do anything productive. Anger is all they have to offer our people.

When you denigrate IPOB, you denigrate Ndiigbo.
Even though IPOB people delusionally see themselves as representatives of the entire SS/SE, the truth is that IPOB represents no one but Ndiigbo. Ndiigbo are the ones who bear the consequences of IPOB actions, no other ethnic group in SS does. The hate IPOB attracts from Nigerians is because it's associated with Ndiigbo. Those who hate IPOB also hate Ndiigbo. There is no separation of the two.
They hated MASSOB, they Hated other civil Biafran groups like Billie group, both of who never insulted or denigrated any Nigerian group.
You might be new to this forum, but I have been here since 2007, and I can tell you that MASSOB was hated by Nigerians as much as IPOB is hated. The default setting of the average Nigerian mindset is to oppose anything affliated to Ndiigbo.

You denigrate Ndiigbo when you try to present a false picture of Ndiigbo fairing worst than all other southern Nigerian groups in a disintegrated Nigeria.
There is no build that exists between Ndiigbo and Nigerians, and as such, IPOB can not burn what doesn't exist.

Who cares who will be the president of a sinking Nigeria, a third world country with increasing number of poor and impoverished people come 2019 and 2023.

If you don't know, many Igbos want Buhari to continue as Nigeria president, so that the country gets poorer and weaker and make it easier to present Biafra as a better alternative for Ndiigbo.
Also an Igbo president would be a Pyrrhic victory for our Biafra struggle, as such Igbo will likely be a stooge of the North who would do next to nothing for Ndiigbo, but Ndiigbo would be held responsible and accountable by hateful Nigerians for his inability to revive a country destined for death, what we saw with an Ijaw GEJ is a marker of what hate and negligence an Igbo president picked by caliphate will bring to Ndiigbo.

IPOB caused disruption in a mass service Obiano attended in St. Joseph in Ekwulobia, which was only repelled by Obiano's heavy security from desecrating the church. How is that not harassment? They repeated the trick recently in Abia:
https://www.nairaland.com/4821714/chaos-ipob-members-disrupt-church
They attempted to disrupt a restructuring summit held by Ohaneze, but were only repelled by heavy security presence deployed to protect the venue after they already made threats.
Ezeemo said IPOB disrupted his father-in-law's burial and every media outlet reported the same. Why would you say it was "staged"?

Nobody is claiming that they are Boko Haram, but why always deny that IPOB members have engaged in uncivil disruption or thuggery. Were you ever stuck on the road the times that IPOB blocked the Niger Bridge?

Udo diri gi.

Like I told you before, IPOB have every right to protest against any events they don't want in Igboland, so long as they go about it unarmed.
It's done like that in civilized climes.

1 Like

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by banom(m): 10:21pm On Dec 14, 2018
pazienza:
Obi1kenobi post

Not true. By the below assessment, you indirectly implied that SW would fair better than SE in disintegrated Nigeria. You reached this narrow conclusion without taking cognizance of the changes loss of the international airport monopoly and seaport monopoly Lagos currently enjoys under Nigeria will have on future prospects of SW independent country, and how SE will be better off from such changes.

Freedom fighting modalities differs depending on the situation of the fighting group. Government participation by freedom fighting organizations, worked for Scotland, but have not worked for Catalonia. There is no guarantee that it would work for Biafra. It will be nice, if you would admit that IPOB getting involved in the political process of SE would not gurantee Biafra freedom anymore than it has done for Catalonia so far.

Every successful movement needs a clear cut leader and not left at the mercy of hyenas parading as intellectuals.
You had already made it clear that you don't believe in Biafra, so what does it matter that you and your ilks are not allowed to contribute to IPOB course of actions? If you truly believe in Biafra, you can always raise your own intellectual Biafran group to succeed IPOB or slowly force them to come in terms with your own views.

Nnamdi Kanu built IPOB from the scratch and displaced MASSOB and Uwazuruike because he gave Biafrans a better platform( radio station) to rally forces for their cause.
Nothing stops you and the so called IPOB hating, but Nigeria loving Igbo intellectuals from doing same. MASSOB members were loyal to Uwazuruike, but NK won them over. If the so called Igbo intellectuals can't win Igbo grassroot support from NK, then they are no intellectuals, they are more like Pseudo intellectuals.

We all watched Catalonia elected representatives push Madrid, and the scene we saw when Madrid government pushed them back, was no different from what Nigerian soldiers do to protesting Biafrans, we saw Spanish security guards harassing Catalonian civilians who were determined to participate in the referendum.
And just as NK was incarcerated, so was Catalonia elected head.

Like I said, Electoral participation has not worked for Catalonia independence agitators. Even though I admire it, but it's also true that it has failed to yield Independence for Catalonia. These things are not as clear cut as you make them.

Even though IPOB people delusionally see themselves as representatives of the entire SS/SE, the truth is that IPOB represents no one but Ndiigbo. Ndiigbo are the ones who bear the consequences of IPOB actions, no other ethnic group in SS does. The hate IPOB attracts from Nigerians is because it's associated with Ndiigbo. Those who hate IPOB also hate Ndiigbo. There is no separation of the two.
They hated MASSOB, they Hated other civil Biafran groups like Billie group, both of who never insulted or denigrated any Nigerian group.
You might be new to this forum, but I have been here since 2007, and I can tell you that MASSOB was hated by Nigerians as much as IPOB is hated. The default setting of the average Nigerian mindset is to oppose anything affliated to Ndiigbo.

You denigrate Ndiigbo when you try to present a false picture of Ndiigbo fairing worst than all other southern Nigerian groups in a disintegrated Nigeria.
There is no build that exists between Ndiigbo and Nigerians, and as such, IPOB can not burn what doesn't exist.

Who cares who will be the president of a sinking Nigeria, a third world country with increasing number of poor and impoverished people come 2019 and 2023.

If you don't know, many Igbos want Buhari to continue as Nigeria president, so that the country gets poorer and weaker and make it easier to present Biafra as a better alternative for Ndiigbo.
Also an Igbo president would be a Pyrrhic victory for our Biafra struggle, as such Igbo will likely be a stooge of the North who would do next to nothing for Ndiigbo, but Ndiigbo would be held responsible and accountable by hateful Nigerians for his inability to revive a country destined for death, what we saw with an Ijaw GEJ is a marker of what hate and negligence an Igbo president picked by caliphate will bring to Ndiigbo.

Like I told you before, IPOB have every right to protest against any events they don't want in Igboland, so long as they go about it unarmed.

Thanks bro. Please keep educating the fool. Like his pay master jubril he is an impostor. A dirty Yoruba man claiming to be igbo. Igbo don suffer I swear.
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by pazienza(m): 12:08am On Dec 15, 2018
banom:

Thanks bro. Please keep educating the fool. Like his pay master jubril he is an impostor. A dirty Yoruba man claiming to be igbo. Igbo don suffer I swear.

He is not a Yoruba. He's one of those Igbos that call themselves Lagosians.
I know his sister on facebook. Her sister is a tigress and a die hard Igboist and Biafran. I also know his facebook account.
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:24am On Dec 15, 2018
pazienza:

Who would benefit most the disintegration of Nigeria wasn't even close to being a point of focus in my comment. I was talking about the sequence of events after the secession of the SE, and said that after the SE and SS leave, the SW wouldn't want the parasitic North exploiting it and would want to secede too. Read my comments again. Not sure why you're nitpicking on that cos whoever would benefit most was hardly important to any point I was making.

There was nowhere I ever suggested the long, arduous political process would "guarantee" anything. I simply presented the 2 practical methods to getting what IPOB want: influencing Eastern politics, especially our elected reps at the National Assembly (but they are far too intellectually lazy to properly wield their grassroots power in influencing politics - which requires great powers of organization and mobilization); or engaging in armed struggle. The current strategy just seems to be little more than being attention-seeking nuisances with pretty useless marches, and a whole lot of internet noisemaking.

Yes, clear cut leaders with the intellectual capacity and temperament to lead a movement. I'm genuinely bemused that there are sane, intelligent, educated IPOB supporters who are never embarrassed by the antics of Kanu. I'm proud to have a value system which makes me immune to charlatans who exploit anger and resentment in their followers, but clearly have nothing productive or constructive to offer but instead their movement evolves to a cult around a personality. That is all that IPOB is: a cult of Nnamdi Kanu. The same way you think those intellectuals are "hyenas" is the very same way I can see "charlatan" tattooed on Nnamdi Kanu's forehead.

"Me and my ilk" contributing to the debate is what helps to moderate groups like IPOB from tunnel-visioned extremism. All I got for trying to give my opinions about the objectives and strategy of IPOB were usually insults from mindless fanatics: which was the first time I realized I was dealing with a cult and not a group open to debate.

You seem to think that anybody that rises to political prominence should be immune to criticism. We've had this debate before where for some reason, you kept saying that I basically had no right to criticize Nnamdi Kanu since I didn't have his prominent political platform to make a difference. You eventually backed down somewhat when I sought to point out that that should then make every politician immune to criticism from their voters.
The funny thing about intellectuals is they hardly appeal to the emotions of people. Because there is greater clarity in their thought process and they weight the pros and cons, and resolve the tensions between these to arrive at a nuanced view. People like Nnamdi Kanu feed off mindless emotion. Nuances don't matter to them. As long as they assure you that all the problems of every Igbo man would be over once we're separate from the zoo in our Biafran paradise, their followers would cheer. There is great visceral appeal to that, but unfortunately, the world is a far more complicated place than charlatans make it out to be.

You're kidding with the emboldened, right? Sorry, but IPOB don't speak for me and don't speak for tens of millions of Igbos. If they violate my moral code and value system, or what they say makes no sense, I speak out. We take pride in our republican nature as Igbos, but IPOB supporters seem to prefer a totalitarian tyranny where we must not dissent against "our own". It's like telling an American Democrat that those who denigrate Republicans denigrate America, because America's enemies hate Democrats and Republicans. You're telling me to violate my personal convictions for blind tribalism. The unwillingness of many Igbos to call out the insanity of Kanu and his band of followers is precisely the reason IPOB are still led by the same unsavory characters who have nothing to add to Igbo society other than cult reverence of Kanu, desecrating our history and heritage with Jew-claiming rubbish, intolerance and hate-speech directed at all groups in Nigeria (core North, Middle Belt, Yorubas, SS people, Igbos that disagree with them - nobody is spared), and ceaseless, crazed insults directed at the President. IPOB is a hate-group and in civilized countries, they would be designated as such. You believe conflating a hate-group with your Igbo identity is a positive thing? Really?

They can want whatever they want. Doesn't make it any less delusional. In the first place, the fervour of IPOB was driven by the election of Buhari. If GEJ won re-election, IPOB would have gained about as much traction as MASSOB. The mass hysteria among Ndigbo after Buhari's election is what lit the fire under IPOB. So no, Igbos aren't nearly as disinterested in Nigeria's politics as the bravado they often put up suggests.
Are you actually trying to defend GEJ's failure by appealing to tribalism?

There are limits to civil disobedience even in Western democracies. Protests can be criminal even if you are unarmed. Attempting to shut down a gathering as they tried to do to Ohaneze is certainly not within the bounds of legitimate protest. Desecrating Mass services and a funeral is certainly contemptible behavior.

2 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:31am On Dec 15, 2018
pazienza:

He is not a Yoruba. He's one of those Igbos that call themselves Lagosians.
I know his sister on facebook. Her sister is a tigress and a die hard Igboist and Biafran. I also know his facebook account.

Yeah, easy for her to speak in the abstract from her comfy London abode. Yet, when she comes to the village for Christmas, she and her family sleep in hotels because they're afraid of being kidnapped in her Biafran paradise. grin

1 Like

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:34am On Dec 15, 2018
banom:

Comedian posts an article asking people to debate him.
People come to debate comedian.
Comedian offers no debate, but calling those that disagree with him Yoruba and forming cheerleader for other posters that are actually debating.

You're a funny comedian, sha. smiley

1 Like

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by pazienza(m): 1:38am On Dec 15, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

Yeah, easy for her to speak in the abstract from her comfy London abode. Yet, when she comes to the village for Christmas, she and her family sleep in hotels because they're afraid of being kidnapped in her Biafran paradise. grin

You are going to blame Biafra for the failure and uselessness of Nigerian security outfits, starting from police to the last of them? grin

If she is unable to sleep comfortably in her Oraukwu hometown after Biafra security agents take over from incompetent Nigerians, only then can you fault her allegiance to Biafra.

Infact, all you succeeded in doing, is highlight why she had given up on Nigeria and her failures, a country that her security agencies can't gurantee basic safety of citizens, is a failed one.

3 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by pazienza(m): 2:28am On Dec 15, 2018
[quote author=Obi1kenobi post=73855505]

Who would benefit most the disintegration of Nigeria wasn't even close to being a point of focus in my comment. I was talking about the sequence of events after the secession of the SE, and said that after the SE and SS leave, the SW wouldn't want the parasitic North exploiting it and would want to secede too. Read my comments again. Not sure why you're nitpicking on that cos whoever would benefit most was hardly important to any point I was making.

I got your points very well.
You subtly tried to paint a gloomy picture for Biafra post Nigeria independence, while you painted a rosy picture for SW.
I mainly busted the premise upon which your rosy prediction for SW was made, which was high VAT and investments in Lagos, which are all direct fall out of decades of Lagos serving as a monopolist via it's seaport and airport gateway status to the entire Nigeria.

would also look to secede to solely enjoy the gains of being Nigeria's industrial hub and commercial nerve centre and gateway. All that VAT that Lagos are generating - they would want it to stop going to the North.

See above quote of yours for clarification.
Truth is that there will be no VAT, industrial hub and commercial nerve centre left for Lagos to want to stop from going to the North, once Nigeria stops existing.
The ports in SS will be opened, river ports will spring Up in SE, international airports will become fully functional in both SE and SS, countries will have to open Embassies in the new country of Biafra and Niger delta. Companies will not be allowed to produce in Lagos and dump on Biafra and Niger delta. They will be provided with incentives to open production factories down here, if they want to sell products here. All that will lead to shrinkage of Lagos economy to serve the SW and NW. The current VATs will vanish.
Lagos needs Nigeria unity to remain bigger than other British colonial capitals like Accra, Lome, etc.

There was nowhere I ever suggested the long, arduous political process would "guarantee" anything. I simply presented the 2 practical methods to getting what IPOB want: influencing Eastern politics, especially our elected reps at the National Assembly (but they are far too intellectually lazy to properly wield their grassroots power in influencing politics - which requires great powers of organization and mobilization); or engaging in armed struggle. The current strategy just seems to be little more than being attention-seeking nuisances with pretty useless marches, and a whole lot of internet noisemaking.

Yes, clear cut leaders with the intellectual capacity and temperament to lead a movement. I'm genuinely bemused that there are sane, intelligent, educated IPOB supporters who are never embarrassed by the antics of Kanu. I'm proud to have a value system which makes me immune to charlatans who exploit anger and resentment in their followers, but clearly have nothing productive or constructive to offer but instead their movement evolves to a cult around a personality. That is all that IPOB is: a cult of Nnamdi Kanu. The same way you think those intellectuals are "hyenas" is the very same way I can see "charlatan" tattooed on Nnamdi Kanu's forehead.

What makes your electoral process participation idea a practical solution, if you can't gurantee that it would lead to Biafra Independence, just as it has not led to Catalonian Independence?
What made you think your Two solutions are the only practical solutions? Let me guess? Because you consider yourself an intellectual, while IPOB and her leaders are illiterates and charlatans, okwaya? Now tell me who suffers from grandiosity between you and IPOB leadership?

"Me and my ilk" contributing to the debate is what helps to moderate groups like IPOB from tunnel-visioned extremism. All I got for trying to give my opinions about the objectives and strategy of IPOB were usually insults from mindless fanatics: which was the first time I realized I was dealing with a cult and not a group open to debate.

I personally believe that you are your ilks are mere distractions. You lots don't believe that Biafra should exist to start with, it's only natural that you only see negatives and provide mainly criticism to those championing the Biafran cause. Your concern is not from a Biafran patriotic perspective, it's not a genuine concern, since you seek to perpetuate and foist the failed entity called Nigeria, on Biafrans.

You seem to think that anybody that rises to political prominence should be immune to criticism. We've had this debate before where for some reason, you kept saying that I basically had no right to criticize Nnamdi Kanu since I didn't have his prominent political platform to make a difference. You eventually backed down somewhat when I sought to point out that that should then make every politician immune to criticism from their voters.
The funny thing about intellectuals is they hardly appeal to the emotions of people. Because there is greater clarity in their thought process and they weight the pros and cons, and resolve the tensions between these to arrive at a nuanced view. People like Nnamdi Kanu feed off mindless emotion. Nuances don't matter to them. As long as they assure you that all the problems of every Igbo man would be over once we're separate from the zoo in our Biafran paradise, their followers would cheer. There is great visceral appeal to that, but unfortunately, the world is a far more complicated place than charlatans make it out to be.

Sensible Igbos know that severance from the failed Nigerian entity will not solve all our problems . But we know that it would offer us a better platform to solve our problems ourselves or have no one but ourselves to blame.

Any Igbo man who profess support for one Nigeria, to me can not be an intellectual, as there is no rational explanation to explain why Ndiigbo should continue remaining yorked in same political entity with groups of people who our ideologies, idiosyncrasies and socio cultural, economic and political leanings are at divergence with.
Intellectuals are supposed to be rational beings.

You're kidding with the emboldened, right? Sorry, but IPOB don't speak for me and don't speak for tens of millions of Igbos. If they violate my moral code and value system, or what they say makes no sense, I speak out. We take pride in our republican nature as Igbos, but IPOB supporters seem to prefer a totalitarian tyranny where we must not dissent against "our own". It's like telling an American Democrat that those who denigrate Republicans denigrate America, because America's enemies hate Democrats and Republicans. You're telling me to violate my personal convictions for blind tribalism. The unwillingness of many Igbos to call out the insanity of Kanu and his band of followers is precisely the reason IPOB are still led by the same unsavory characters who have nothing to add to Igbo society other than cult reverence of Kanu, desecrating our history and heritage with Jew-claiming rubbish, intolerance and hate-speech directed at all groups in Nigeria (core North, Middle Belt, Yorubas, SS people, Igbos that disagree with them - nobody is spared), and ceaseless, crazed insults directed at the President. IPOB is a hate-group and in civilized countries, they would be designated as such. You believe conflating a hate-group with your Igbo identity is a positive thing? Really?

IPOB actions or inactions will always be used against all Igbos. As it was for MASSOB, so it is for IPOB. There is usually a rift between what you want to believe, and what exists.
What exists is that other Nigerians see IPOB as representing all Igbos. That's what exists. I'm a realist and only works with reality. You denigrating or insulting IPOB will not make Nigerians love you, any more than they love IPOB. They hate IPOB because it's Igbo affliated, to start with. There is nothing IPOB and NK had said that is unlawful and that the worst of haven't been said against Ndiigbo from all other Nigerians, before IPOB was born.
NK was tried in Nigeria law courts for months and they couldn't prove that he committed any hateful crime. However, you are entitled to your own opinion, as long as its understood that your opinions are at variance with facts on ground.
Nigeria is a nation already built on Igbo hate. It doesn't matter what NK said or don't say, the hate was already there before he was born. He couldn't have created what(hate) was already in existence before he was born,neither could he have burnt a bridge that was non existent.

They can want whatever they want. Doesn't make it any less delusional. In the first place, the fervour of IPOB was driven by the election of Buhari. If GEJ won re-election, IPOB would have gained about as much traction as MASSOB. The mass hysteria among Ndigbo after Buhari's election is what lit the fire under IPOB. So no, Igbos aren't nearly as disinterested in Nigeria's politics as the bravado they often put up suggests.
Are you actually trying to defend GEJ's failure by appealing to tribalism?

Things don't exist in isolation. IPOB emergence has nothing to do with GEJ election loss. Infact, IPOB and NK were never GEJ fans. They called him a weak man and maintained that Ndiigbo should not queue behind him.
Nature does not tolerate vacuum. Biafran agitation reached a crescendo with MASSOB during OBJ era. Uwazuruike commanded god status in Igboland and obviously had the people support more than the SE governors. This didn't sit well with OBJ who imprisoned him.
Uwazuruike spent months in detention, and came out tarnished.
He betrayed the Biafran struggle, and the agitation slowly died under MASSOB watch. IPOB was then formed by NK and other MASSOB members who felt Uwazuruike was compromised and had killed the fire of the struggle. Uwazuruike created a vacuum in the Biafran struggle that nature couldn't allow. IPOB naturally took over and rekindled the dying flames in Biafrans. It had nothing to do with GEJ win or loss. MASSOB and Uwazuruike shook the nation even before GEJ came into national politics, OBJ had many Igbos in his government, yet the demand for Biafra remained loud. Reducing Biafran struggle to GEJ/Buhari by you and your ilks, is an insult to Biafrans. Biafra agitation goes beyond the presence or absence of Igbo political jobbers in Nigerian power corridors.

Ndiigbo are disinterested in Nigeria politics. Only Igbo political jobbers and their cronies are. Nigeria as a nation had failed the populace. Conduct a referendum in Igboland today, and see how many Igbo commoners would not vote for Biafra over Nigeria.

There are limits to civil disobedience even in Western democracies. Protests can be criminal even if you are unarmed. Attempting to shut down a gathering as they tried to do to Ohaneze is certainly not within the bounds of legitimate protest. Desecrating Mass services and a funeral is certainly contemptible behavior.

There is no limit to Civil disobedience. All the government do in civilized clime is to disperse the protesting crowd with tear gas and other Humane means, if she considers the protest improper.

2 Likes

Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Chinablack: 3:12am On Dec 15, 2018
Igbo politicians and their sycophants want ipob to participate in the Nigerian elections so that when you talk about Biafra tomorrow they will say we are the elected and representatives of the people, you can't talk about Biafra without consulting us, even when all of them know very that the elections that bring them to power are fraudulent. the surest and easiest way to ridicule and kill biafan dream is bring it closer to Nigerian politics, any day it happen, it Will die a natural death
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Chinablack: 3:31am On Dec 15, 2018
the main target of the elections boycott is the message it will send, you must be shortsighted not to recognize this fact,.some hypocrites say ipob should participate in Nigeria elections' but they will not tell you ipob were declared terrorists by Nigerian standard,the imports of this, are that no open advocate of Biafra will be allowed to be declared a winner by the dependent national electoral commission dnec. even if you as a biafran advocate get elected or announced as winner by Chance, sorry Will be your name any day you advocate for Biafra at national assembly, both the efcc and judiciary even the Nigerian sentimental media will declare war on you
Re: If You Think IPOB Should Not Boycott 2019 Election, Engage Me In A Debate. by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:22am On Dec 16, 2018
pazienza:

I got your points very well.
You subtly tried to paint a gloomy picture for Biafra post Nigeria independence, while you painted a rosy picture for SW.
I mainly busted the premise upon which your rosy prediction for SW was made, which was high VAT and investments in Lagos, which are all direct fall out of decades of Lagos serving as a monopolist via it's seaport and airport gateway status to the entire Nigeria.

would also look to secede to solely enjoy the gains of being Nigeria's industrial hub and commercial nerve centre and gateway. All that VAT that Lagos are generating - they would want it to stop going to the North.

See above quote of yours for clarification.
Truth is that there will be no VAT, industrial hub and commercial nerve centre left for Lagos to want to stop from going to the North, once Nigeria stops existing.
The ports in SS will be opened, river ports will spring Up in SE, international airports will become fully functional in both SE and SS, countries will have to open Embassies in the new country of Biafra and Niger delta. Companies will not be allowed to produce in Lagos and dump on Biafra and Niger delta. They will be provided with incentives to open production factories down here, if they want to sell products here. All that will lead to shrinkage of Lagos economy to serve the SW and NW. The current VATs will vanish.
Lagos needs Nigeria unity to remain bigger than other British colonial capitals like Accra, Lome, etc.

That you're still nitpicking over something so trivial and irrelevant doesn't show you understood my point. I didn't "subtly" state anything. You projected something on me, implying that I was somehow denigrating the SE and put your own spin on my comment while ascribing subtle, sinister motives to me. I've attempted to clarify the comment in the interest of a good faith debate, but you seem rather determined to hang onto trifles: especially misinterpreted trifles. Once again, I was outlining the sequence of events that could occur if the SE secedes and the motivations that would drive the actions of the other regions. It had absolutely nothing to do with who would benefit most from what.

Also, let's stop kidding ourselves here. The SW is more endowed than the SE. Leaving aside human capital which is debatable, their strategic geographic location by the sea, and sharing international borders with other countries and more developed infrastructural and industrial base, and far greater arable landmass, and far greater mineral deposits etc would put them in pretty good stead. Nigeria disintegrating won't significantly degrade the strategic value of Lagos as an important West African gateway and commercial hub because they cultivated this status for a century since the colonialists. The institutionalized advantages they have cultivated for so long won't be easily usurped. If you are so confident about the bright future of the SE when it secedes from Nigeria, then dismissing the future of the SW should strike you as ridiculous.
Despite whatever bad-faith intentions you project onto me, this was never what I was arguing about, but congrats for opening up another point of dispute to keep expanding an already long-winded debate. It seems you were simply wound up that I had the audacity to say something that could be construed as positive about the SW and somehow took that as a slight on the SE when I never compared both.

What makes your electoral process participation idea a practical solution, if you can't gurantee that it would lead to Biafra Independence, just as it has not led to Catalonian Independence?
What made you think your Two solutions are the only practical solutions? Let me guess? Because you consider yourself an intellectual, while IPOB and her leaders are illiterates and charlatans, okwaya? Now tell me who suffers from grandiosity between you and IPOB leadership?

Because they are the only solutions with clear trajectories to stated goals. Empty noisemaking and exceedingly dumb suggestions like boycotting elections certainly wouldn't accomplish anything. The 2 solutions might fail, but have a chance of success, however small the chance, and however long it takes. The current strategy seems to be just attention-seeking nonsense and there is no clear path forward from the attention-seeking nonsense.
Having opinions is not grandiosity. Else, your disputing my opinions is grandiosity. Your criticizing IPOB's call for election boycotts is grandiosity. I state my opinions and those who read them are free to agree, rebut them or ignore them. Unlike the supreme leader and his followers, I have no desire to lead or follow any cult.

I personally believe that you are your ilks are mere distractions. You lots don't believe that Biafra should exist to start with, it's only natural that you only see negatives and provide mainly criticism to those championing the Biafran cause. Your concern is not from a Biafran patriotic perspective, it's not a genuine concern, since you seek to perpetuate and foist the failed entity called Nigeria, on Biafrans.

I'm not that bothered about whether Biafra should exist or not, because I believe the same failures of governance afflicting the entire country afflicts the SE. This doesn't mean I'm not open to a Biafran republic. My solution to the problems of Nigeria is simply devolution of power from the center. But I'm not that passionate about whether we should secede or not. My biggest criticisms about IPOB is not in the details of their vision about a Biafran future (there are none in the first place, because hate-driven riffraffs can't produce anything constructive). It's in their general antics which utterly embarrass me. If I were not Igbo, I'd laugh my ass off at how ridiculous IPOB makes Igbos look with their crudeness, insane conspiracy theories, Jew-claiming, cult-like devotion to their supreme leader etc. They offer great comedy value when they are not lobbing hate speech at other Nigerians.
Something is skewed in your value system if IPOB neither embarrass you with their more insane antics, or alarm you with their spite and intolerance.

Sensible Igbos know that severance from the failed Nigerian entity will not solve all our problems . But we know that it would offer us a better platform to solve our problems ourselves or have no one but ourselves to blame.

Any Igbo man who profess support for one Nigeria, to me can not be an intellectual, as there is no rational explanation to explain why Ndiigbo should continue remaining yorked in same political entity with groups of people who our ideologies, idiosyncrasies and socio cultural, economic and political leanings are at divergence with.
Intellectuals are supposed to be rational beings.

There is plenty of rational explanation as to how Igbos would prosper more in a larger economic zone with less barriers than isolated. Especially seeing as we're a mercantile people who want as few trade barriers as possible. There is plenty of rational explanation as to how Nigeria's political system can be reformed. Ironically, 2 of the biggest architects of the modern unitary mess that is Nigeria were Azikiwe (godfather of "one Nigeria"wink and Ironsi who created the unitary system to consolidate his power. Perhaps, if Igbos focused on building a coherent platform with the SS, SW and Middle Belt who favour restructuring, they could get a Nigerian structure that is more palatable to them.

IPOB actions or inactions will always be used against all Igbos. As it was for MASSOB, so it is for IPOB. There is usually a rift between what you want to believe, and what exists.
What exists is that other Nigerians see IPOB as representing all Igbos. That's what exists. I'm a realist and only works with reality. You denigrating or insulting IPOB will not make Nigerians love you, any more than they love IPOB. They hate IPOB because it's Igbo affliated, to start with. There is nothing IPOB and NK had said that is unlawful and that the worst of haven't been said against Ndiigbo from all other Nigerians, before IPOB was born.
NK was tried in Nigeria law courts for months and they couldn't prove that he committed any hateful crime. However, you are entitled to your own opinion, as long as its understood that your opinions are at variance with facts on ground.
Nigeria is a nation already built on Igbo hate. It doesn't matter what NK said or don't say, the hate was already there before he was born. He couldn't have created what(hate) was already in existence before he was born,neither could he have burnt a bridge that was non existent.

Sorry, but this is just blind tribalism and toxic nationalism (in this case, Igbo nationalism). There is a pretty subtle, but considerable difference between nationalism and patriotism. You're not an Igbo patriot. You're an Igbo nationalist. Loyalty is higher in your value system than moral conviction.
And who says there is nothing unlawful Nnamdi Kanu said? Did I miss a trial where he got acquitted? In the very UK where he came from, hate speech laws are no joke there. Racially inflammatory, incendiary statements are criminal offences with jail terms there. Not to mention the number of times he invoked violent rhetoric (which again, is a criminal offence with jail time). Do I really need to post his quotes here or are you feigning ignorance of the crazed ramblings of the supreme leader?

And no, Nigerians do not believe IPOB represents all Igbos. I have plenty of non-Igbo friends that I've had discussions about IPOB with and even without knowing my opinions about IPOB, they refer to IPOB in the third person ("nawa for this Kanu psycho and his followers" and stuff like that) rather than presuming that IPOB represent me or all Igbos. The notion that you have to support what amounts to a hate organization because it is made up of Igbos is ridiculous, and as I said earlier, shows you value loyalty about any real moral convictions. And IPOB is a hate organization. You will not encounter a bigger gathering of hateful Nigerians on the internet than IPOB and many of their supporters.

Things don't exist in isolation. IPOB emergence has nothing to do with GEJ election loss. Infact, IPOB and NK were never GEJ fans. They called him a weak man and maintained that Ndiigbo should not queue behind him.
Nature does not tolerate vacuum. Biafran agitation reached a crescendo with MASSOB during OBJ era. Uwazuruike commanded god status in Igboland and obviously had the people support more than the SE governors. This didn't sit well with OBJ who imprisoned him.
Uwazuruike spent months in detention, and came out tarnished.
He betrayed the Biafran struggle, and the agitation slowly died under MASSOB watch. IPOB was then formed by NK and other MASSOB members who felt Uwazuruike was compromised and had killed the fire of the struggle. Uwazuruike created a vacuum in the Biafran struggle that nature couldn't allow. IPOB naturally took over and rekindled the dying flames in Biafrans. It had nothing to do with GEJ win or loss. MASSOB and Uwazuruike shook the nation even before GEJ came into national politics, OBJ had many Igbos in his government, yet the demand for Biafra remained loud. Reducing Biafran struggle to GEJ/Buhari by you and your ilks, is an insult to Biafrans. Biafra agitation goes beyond the presence or absence of Igbo political jobbers in Nigerian power corridors.

Ndiigbo are disinterested in Nigeria politics. Only Igbo political jobbers and their cronies are. Nigeria as a nation had failed the populace. Conduct a referendum in Igboland today, and see how many Igbo commoners would not vote for Biafra over Nigeria.

I didn't say IPOB emerged because of GEJ. I said the support they got was a consequence of GEJ's defeat. Buhari's win in the 2015 elections drove Ndigbo stark-raving mad. Not even GEJ's Ijaw kin were as traumatized by his defeat as Ndigbo. Ndigbo never hid their total disdain for Buhari right from the campaign period to the elections to the aftermath of the elections. Nnamdi Kanu's incarceration in this period was fortuitous for Kanu. Cos the building resentment against the incoming Fulani administration led many Igbos to adopt Kanu as the mascot/symbol of their resistance. To deny that Buhari's emergence contributed significantly to the ascendant support IPOB received is delusional.

There is no limit to Civil disobedience. All the government do in civilized clime is to disperse the protesting crowd with tear gas and other Humane means, if she considers the protest improper.

Unlawful assembly, public disorder, breach of public peace, trespassing, obstructing law enforcement in discharge of their duties etc are all crimes in English common law, or the American penal code. You do not have unlimited rights to disrupt public activity in any democracy in the world. You're certainly mistaken.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

NNPC, Partners Sign FID On $3.6 Billion Brass Methanol Plant / Bandits Release 5 More Baptist High School Students In Kaduna / President Buhari's 2021 Christmas Message

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 400
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.