Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,003 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

Early maturing Okra Seeds Available - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Early maturing Okra Seeds Available (23142 Views)

My Dry Season Rice And Okra Farm (pics) / Polythene Bag And Hybrid Seeds Available / 35 Days Early Maturing Hybrid Cucumber Seeds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by OluchiDelly: 9:35pm On Jan 23, 2020
bry8ted:
I need 250g. How do I reach you?
Available.

BTW,
Someone told me an experienced overhead/mobile crane operator is needed in a manufacturing firm in osun state. If you have one, mail me.
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by AfroAgroPower: 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2020
OluchiDelly:
5. Harvesting and Yield

Harvesting: Harvest pods while still tender. Okra should be harvested 2-3 times/ week. Regular picking increases yield. Harvested okra should be handled carefully to avoid bruising. Bruised pods will turn brown within a few hours. And, always wear cotton gloves when harvesting and handling pods to minimize bruising.
Keep harvested pods in a ventilated vessel such as baskets. Don't keep in sacks, except if your market is within a journey less than an hour, otherwise the pods becomes black like something you harvested 7days ago.

Yields: this is the corner most people are waiting for.
It will be a bit difficult to answer this question because of lots of factors need to be put in place.The factors are:

*cultivar: Yields of okra are dependent on cultivar. Good cultivars, good yield.

*frequency of harvest: if you don't harvest regularly, okra stops flowering,esp if there are too many hard and fibrous pods on the plants. If you harvest regularly, the life span of the plant will be long especially with irrigation and fertilizing/manuring.

* most veggie farmers are very poor in record keeping and documenting. including me self grin . probably because :
-we don't sell per weight in the open markets.
-we use and jam different sizes of vessels/baskets together during harvesting. For instance, today's harvest, 10 big baskets, 6 medium baskets, 7 small baskets. Next harvest, another set of different sizes of baskets jammed together. It continues like that for 3 months or more. When the plant dies, we can only account for money but not the volume/quantity of goods sold. I think we will change! grin

In conclusion, every business/agric venture has some levels of risk but with okra farming, its risk is very low. With good practices, okra farming is very profitable, you cannot farm okro and run at a loss especially during dry season. The cost of production is relatively low and is easy to maintain.

Shallom

Good one Mr Oluchi
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by AfroAgroPower: 4:31pm On Feb 02, 2020
OluchiDelly:

Currently out of stock.

BTW,
Someone told me an experienced overhead/mobile crane operator is needed in a manufacturing firm in osun state. If you have one, mail me.

Your phone number please?

Where can one get okra seeds?

Or when will your stock be available?
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by my2chains(m): 3:57pm On Feb 05, 2020
Okro is indeed hotcake this dry season,

it pains me i only planted a little few on our backyard,

but please anyone who stays around lagos that wants to invest on okro farming should contact me,
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by OluchiDelly: 5:42pm On Feb 05, 2020
my2chains:
Okro is indeed hotcake this dry season,

it pains me i only planted a little few on our backyard,

but please anyone who stays around lagos that wants to invest on okro farming should contact me,

Interesting how you become an okra pro within a space of 2 months. Same you that complained on this thread that you have no knowledge of okra markets/marketing 2 months ago.
Before you seek investors, take enough time out to learn the rope first. Any mistake that will cause their money go down the drains may put a scammer tag on you. My 50-cent.

Been afraid to update this thread cos of the overwhelming demands I used to get each time I posted. Those we couldn't reach out to should kindly pardon me.

Shallom.

1 Like

Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by my2chains(m): 6:25pm On Feb 05, 2020
OluchiDelly:

Interesting how you become an okra pro within a space of 2 months. Same you that complained on this thread that you have no knowledge of okra markets/marketing 2 months ago.
Before you seek investors, take enough time out to learn the rope first. Any mistake that will cause their money go down the drains may put a scammer tag on you. My 50-cent.

Been afraid to update this thread cos of the overwhelming demands I used to get each time I posted. Those we couldn't reach out to should kindly pardon me.

Shallom.

hmm, our dear pistotita death has caused us grieve a little

because of this i wont eat okro soup today,

just a gesture to respect this one time researcher we all knew him to be

farewell pistotita!

The man behind that moniker is a great man
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by my2chains(m): 6:30pm On Feb 05, 2020
OluchiDelly:

Shallom.

oga do not make me do this

I know the anger of pistotita that have left nairand made you to type all this,

even me myself is really pained here lets just tell ourselves the truth

Yes i asked about the marketing aspect because i have never taken okro to be sold in the market.

I only planted a few that can contain my backyard that i will only eat and share some to my neighbours,

even yesterday night i still ate okro soup,

but am contemplating on growing it commercially,
but i still have no space yet

please dont tag me a scammer because this was what led to the e-war of pistotita and healthserve,

now one is dead and the other one is alive and kicking well

indeed now i know there is no gain in aguements and fighting

for it brings no gain but death!

lets put our hands together to promote good works and success

i remembered i once prayed to the lord to help me locate and buy dwarf okro seeds from you,

but now that prayer is what i never knew existed here in lagos,

mind you i will never state down the place or the sellers location or phone numbers here,

so you can have a peacefull and a loving custormer base still patronizing you

now that you are out of stock it wont really hard me to drop his numbers here but i promise i wont do it for the sake of God in heaven

for i am a man of peace and i hate spoiling people's business

anyways i am not yet a pro in growing okro but still a learner

peace be upon you brother
i wish you well
shallom to you too
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by OluchiDelly: 9:42pm On Feb 05, 2020
my2chains:

oga do not make me do this

I know the anger of pistotita that have left nairand made you to type all this,

even me myself is really pained here lets just tell ourselves the truth

Yes i asked about the marketing aspect because i have never taken okro to be sold in the market.

I only planted a few that can contain my backyard that i will only eat and share some to my neighbours,

even yesterday night i still ate okro soup,

but am contemplating on growing it commercially,
but i still have no space yet

please dont tag me a scammer because this was what led to the e-war of pistotita and healthserve,

now one is dead and the other one is alive and kicking well

indeed now i know there is no gain in aguements and fighting

for it brings no gain but death!

lets put our hands together to promote good works and success

i remembered i once prayed to the lord to help me locate and buy dwarf okro seeds from you,

but now that prayer is what i never knew existed here in lagos,

mind you i will never state down the place or the sellers location or phone numbers here,

so you can have a peacefull and a loving custormer base still patronizing you

now that you are out of stock it wont really hard me to drop his numbers here but i promise i wont do it for the sake of God in heaven

for i am a man of peace and i hate spoiling people's business

anyways i am not yet a pro in growing okro but still a learner

peace be upon you brother
i wish you well
shallom to you too

Lol, funny guy. Don't get me wrong, I didn't call you a scammer. I only advised you to master the venture well before seeking for investors.
I like your spirit, I hav seen a thread where you directed someone to contact me for seed, so I don't have any issue against you and you are not in anyway a threat to me, I have a life outside NL and farming. we have sold well over 100kg dry seeds.

By the way, pls, i am not in anyway pained, or sad that anyone left NL. My life does not revolve around anyone. I hav been meeting wonderful ppl on this site and I will continue to meet more. There are many silent but wonderful people in this forum. For instance I once traveled to a deep jungle after oke-odan, very close to the border to check some lands. Coincidentally I saw a gathering of villagers with a "lecturer ", so i decided to gate-crash. After the training, I found out the lecturer was @organicfoods. Selfless, free of charge farm training from jungle to jungle. The international community/ western world noticed him and they backed him up. This is someone among us here that we did not value and he will never make any noise. I can continue to count more and more from professors and directors of research institutes who are silent members here. So let's be guided.

Shallom.
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by Bishopdolly: 2:28am On Feb 12, 2020
Please can you send me your number, I need the early maturing okra seeds with high yields. Location: Iwo @oluchidelly

Thank you.
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by EhiGid(m): 10:48pm On Feb 12, 2020
OluchiDelly:

Currently out of stock.

BTW,

I am a Bulldozar operator. Do reach me on 0-7-0-6-3-9&2-6-5-2+1 if there is any opening.
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by tailor47: 3:49am On Feb 13, 2020
I need the seed I'm in aba. 08131332356
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by tailor47: 3:59am On Feb 13, 2020
OluchiDelly:

Noted. Sorry, It's my current location. I didn't save ur number, would have called back. As from tomorrow morning my number wl be fully available. You can as well leave msg on my WhatsApp any time.
send me your number, I want buy seed.08131332356.
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by OluchiDelly: 5:13pm On Feb 13, 2020
EhiGid:

I am a Bulldozar operator. Do reach me on 0-7-0-6-3-9&2-6-5-2+1 if there is any opening.
You gat my respect sir. God bless our handworks.
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by revolutionary(m): 4:28pm On Mar 08, 2020
OluchiDelly:
Hello co-farmers,

Start your dry season vegetable farming with our unique okro seeds with the following features:

*early fruiting, less than 2months
*short fruit
*spineless fruits
*dwarf, about 1 ft tall
*long shelf life
*sweet taste n aroma.
*can resist drought well to a limit
please i need the okro seeds,09056813935
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by veggieman2be(m): 11:55pm On Mar 10, 2020
my2chains:

hmm, our dear pistotita death has caused us grieve a little

because of this i wont eat okro soup today,

just a gesture to respect this one time researcher we all knew him to be

farewell pistotita!

The man behind that moniker is a great man

Let me get something right. Pistotita as in death in real life or death on NL ( maybe no longer active)

Kindly clarify
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by my2chains(m): 6:48pm On Mar 13, 2020
veggieman2be:

Let me get something right. Pistotita as in death in real life or death on NL ( maybe no longer active)

Kindly clarify

he was de-activated here in nairaland
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by busky123: 8:04am On Apr 11, 2020
Bros please I'm I need of the 500g five packs. I'm based in Uyo Akwa Ibom. 08037951153 pls call urgently.
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by adelafe2019: 3:41pm On Apr 28, 2020
O.P. Oluchi, Let me quote you: 'ENSURE TO FERTILIZE BEFORE DAY 30.' Pls. how do we carry out the fertilization?
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by OluchiDelly: 6:53pm On Apr 28, 2020
adelafe2019:
O.P. Oluchi, Let me quote you: 'ENSURE TO FERTILIZE BEFORE DAY 30.'
Pls. how do we carry out the fertilization?
Dig up few inches away from ur plant
Drop your fertilizer/manure inside and cover it with d soil.
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by Victornezzar: 2:26am On May 03, 2020
OluchiDelly:

Some years ago, I got one n half bag on a plot at the peak harvest, I harvested 2ce a week, this amounted to 3 bag per week. If you work on population n feed them well, u can get more. I sold bag btw 5 to 7k depending on the scarcity(mind u, during glut, it can sell 2k, lol). Check it out in a month if u plant 2,3,..6 plots.
Those months u listed up there, are the periods where only northerners supply markets to the SW, and there type is the long pod which SW don't like, since they don't have options, they buy it like that.
Sorry to bug you sa

How many bags can I get from an acre weekly??
At what time will it be ready to harvest??
When does Okra plants die off
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by ventoh: 1:28pm On May 03, 2020
Kindly do inform us when you have the seed around...need like 250g in lagos....
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by AbuuUthaymeen(m): 2:49pm On May 03, 2020
ventoh:
Kindly do inform us when you have the seed around...need like 250g in lagos....

I will be pleased to hear you have seeds. When you do please indicate.
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by OluchiDelly: 4:58pm On May 04, 2020
Noted @all
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by OluchiDelly: 4:59pm On May 04, 2020
Victornezzar:

1.Sorry to bug you sa

2.How many bags can I get from an acre weekly??
3.At what time will it be ready to harvest??

4.When does Okra plants die off

1. No issue sire
2. Yield is a function of many factors: plant population, fertilization, disease control, timely weeding/harvesting.
If things are done righly, u can get 12bags or more per week. Harvesting is twice a week.
3. Its a function of your cultivar. There are those of 3, 4 months. Improved ones are less than 60days.
4. Prime time is about 2months of harvesting. Anything above that, diminishing returns set in.
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by Victornezzar: 5:32pm On May 04, 2020
OluchiDelly:

1. No issue sire
2. Yield is a function of many factors: plant population, fertilization, disease control, timely weeding/harvesting.
If things are done righly, u can get 12bags or more per week. Harvesting is twice a week.
3. Its a function of your cultivar. There are those of 3, 4 months. Improved ones are less than 60days.
4. Prime time is about 2months of harvesting. Anything above that, diminishing returns set in.
Please can I get your number
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by OluchiDelly: 6:19pm On May 07, 2020
Victornezzar:

Please can I get your number

Sorry for late response, had a very busy week. Do send a mail.
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by IRIENBOY(m): 9:44am On May 08, 2020
Nice work here
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by ideepaul: 10:08pm On May 11, 2020
I already sent you a mail grin grin grin
Btw,
How much would it cost to send the seeds to akwa ibom state?
What quantity of seeds would I need to cover the said 1½plots.
Would okro planted by 1st week of June survive the rains and would it be still be profitable
How many baskets(worst/best case scenario) can I get from this?
I need to get the seeds before next weekend all being equal
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by OluchiDelly: 11:15am On May 12, 2020
ideepaul:
I already sent you a mail grin grin grin
Btw,
How much would it cost to send the seeds to akwa ibom state?
What quantity of seeds would I need to cover the said 1½plots.
Would okro planted by 1st week of June survive the rains and would it be still be profitable
How many baskets(worst/best case scenario) can I get from this?
I need to get the seeds before next weekend all being equal

I responded to many mails, I don't know urs in particular.
You can plant in June, just endeavor to make ridge or anything raised soil. If you plant on flat surface,they may be stunted by heavy rainfall.
250g wl do for 1½ plot.
For yield, answers are already on this page. I cannot relate well wt basket cos of the different sizes that are available in the markets around me. I use rice bag, cos my market is very close.
With interstate lockdown, sending stuff wl be difficult. Before lockdown, we also used post office, they charge N1k upward depending on the weight.
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by ideepaul: 11:48am On May 12, 2020
OluchiDelly:

I responded to many mails, I don't know urs in particular.
You can plant in June, just endeavor to make ridge or anything raised soil. If you plant on flat surface,they may be stunted by heavy rainfall.
250g wl do for 1½ plot.
For yield, answers are already on this page. I cannot relate well wt basket cos of the different sizes that are available in the markets around me. I use rice bag, cos my market is very close.
With interstate lockdown, sending stuff wl be difficult. Before lockdown, we also used post office, they charge N1k upward depending on the weight.
I have seen the response, does the interstate lockdown affect movement of goods?... I will get back to you when I measure the land this weekend
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by revbcorah: 1:27pm On May 12, 2020
I'm desperately in need of the dwarf okra seeds in reasonable quantity.
Please do inform me when available.....08091297714
Re: Early maturing Okra Seeds Available by OluchiDelly: 12:11pm On May 13, 2020
revbcorah:
I'm desperately in need of the dwarf okra seeds in reasonable quantity.
Please do inform me when available.....08091297714

OK sir, if m not mistaken, we ve transacted b4.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Noisy Roosters Kept By Neighbour Driving Me Crazy / Locally Made Gas/charcoal Oven For Smoking Fish And For Baking / Rice To Hit ₦‎50,000 Per Bag As Floods Ravage Farms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.