Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,688 members, 7,809,601 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:51 AM

His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit (56888 Views)

15 Giant Snails From Nigeria Seized At US Airport (Video) / Biodun Adedeji Hammed's Lost Travel Documents And Tickets Found / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Control7: 11:35am On Dec 11, 2018
At first it is hard to believe but that is it. The bottom line is that he has paid back his dues yet his Uncle still lay hold of his documents

kamez:
this story makes no sense..how did his uncle get his travelling documents and passport when the guy had already gotten his work permit? or did he ask his uncle to hold the documents for him, in which case he is a slowpoke...

then he sheepishly followed his uncle back to Nigeria. abeg are u talking about an adult or an adolescent??

I can't give u any advice because honestly I don't believe this story.....
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by linearity: 11:37am On Dec 11, 2018
It did not take me up to 1 min to find this information on google...

https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/lost-stolen-damaged

Let him follow the process and he will get a replacement.

2 Likes

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Control7: 11:38am On Dec 11, 2018
They came to Nigeria together, even as we speak the Uncle is still in Nigeria planning to go back and still has the documents with him.

seangy4konji:
And he dropped his work permit for his uncle and passport...

The Gods must be crazy

PS.. Did they pass immigration? No UK border patrol officer will allow you pass without your documents in your hand... Face match..yell us another story..
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by kenny5811(m): 11:38am On Dec 11, 2018
SAMBARRY:
He should go to the embassy to report the matter or go to court since there is a breach of contract however I'm fearing if he goes to court he might loose the case because no agreement was signed about the uncle giving him back his documents when he gives him his money.he should pray too and involve the uk embassy in the embassy
he shld hv just wrestled his documents from d said uncle sharp sharp..... d documents na him personal stuff, no b uncle get so uncle no get ryt to seize am... now uncle Don travel..... my brother, jst go claim say ur house burn or u get accident nd evritin burn etc...
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by MarianaTrench: 11:39am On Dec 11, 2018
Control7:
Good Morning All,

I need to seek advice from good people of Nairaland. A friend of mine was taken to UK some years back, all expenses paid by his Uncle, got a working permit. There was a misunderstanding between them, the Uncle seized his travelling document including Passport and was told to pay back all the money he used in bring him from Nigeria to UK (5 Million Naira) before he is going to release his document.

After my friend worked and payed, his Uncle just woke up one morning booked ticket to Nigeria for both of them saying they need to go home. As we speak my friend is back to Nigeria without anything and after paying the 5M, the uncle still didnt release his Travelling document.

Please I need advice, Can he apply for a replacement of both working permit and Passport, let's assume he was robbed and everything was taken away, though he has them snapped on his phone. This guy is already depressed.

This story is incomplete...

You have not told us why your friend refused to fulfil his own end of the bargain.

Please come back when you're ready to tell us the full story!

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by keryj(f): 11:39am On Dec 11, 2018
Your friend should Call a family meeting to iron out the serious issue between your friend and his uncle.

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by obaataaokpaewu: 11:40am On Dec 11, 2018
Control7:

Same thing I told him but the deed is done already, how does he get back?
I don't know, I never cross River Niger before but I hope people that know will advice him
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Waffarianman(m): 11:40am On Dec 11, 2018
D's story no add up @all. Next
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by seangy4konji: 11:41am On Dec 11, 2018
Control7:
They came to Nigeria together, even as we speak the Uncle is still in Nigeria planning to go back and still has the documents with him.

ti come and do what in Nigeria exactly

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Mutemenot(m): 11:42am On Dec 11, 2018
I don't believe the story but if it actually happened, UK is an advanced nation where all data are stored online . So you just get a new passport with same data page of the previous one, then report to the Embassy here in naija with police report and affidavit. They have your data in the system so it won't be an issue to them
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by wiseone28: 11:42am On Dec 11, 2018
franklingud:
God punish all wicked and useless uncles in Jesus name. Amen!

Was the uncle wicked when he spent 5mil to bring him out from the shithole

3 Likes

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by keepingmum: 11:42am On Dec 11, 2018
Control7:

Oga start by been honest with your self and with us then perhaps we can accurately advise you
1- What visa did you leave Nigeria with when you initially left
2 - How long have you spent in the UK
3 - What visa do you currently hold
4 - How old are yo
5 - What type of work did you do in the UK and how many hours do you work per week, how much are you paid .
If you dont want to answer, then PM me, i may be able to advise you offline

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by adetes: 11:43am On Dec 11, 2018
grin

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by taiwolomo1: 11:44am On Dec 11, 2018
Hope the dude hasn't slpt with his uncles wife grin
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by idonhammer: 11:44am On Dec 11, 2018
His uncle needs to be shot in the head immediately. Tell your friend to kill the greedy bastard ASAP.
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by freshdude99(m): 11:46am On Dec 11, 2018
seangy4konji:
And he dropped his work permit for his uncle and passport...

The Gods must be crazy

PS.. Did they pass immigration? No UK border patrol officer will allow you pass without your documents in your hand... Face match..yell us another story..
gods u meant?

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by blackgold2018(m): 11:46am On Dec 11, 2018
Ikem11:
U are a bad son and ungrateful to your uncle. Better go kneel down and beg your uncle for forgiveness for that evil thing u did. Why did u say so?

First, your uncle single handedly spent up to 5milling naira in bringing u to U.K.( I can picture how long u been begging him to help u come over)

Not just spending such amount on u, I know u were not stranded when u came to UK... He still feeds u, clothes you, gives u pocket money.

He finally got u a mini job u were doing to survive while he applied fora permit for u.

After u got the permit ... U feel u don balance. U now need to be a man on ur own.

He advice you and u started thinking he is a wicked man that doesn't want u to progress.

Then friends adviced u to move out of his home to be free and be a guy cos now u getting ur own money Then u listened and did as u were told.

Uncle now got angry and sent u back.

Sorry mate, without your uncle u can never step foot in that country again cos he can easily deport u without even u knowing

So stop being ungrateful and leave bad friends. Focus on your future and follow that man cos he got better plans for u.

Anụ mpama

Thank you jaree. Fools are here calling the uncle wicked. Someone that singlehandedly brought him(OP) abroad with his money, time and still went ahead to make sure he's comfortable.
There sluggish brains here didn't notice the uncle meant well for him. The Op must have done a TERRIBLE thing for the uncle to take such actions. I stand with the uncle. I admire strict and principled people.. step on there toes you will regret you did.

2 Likes

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by bidemi1190: 11:46am On Dec 11, 2018
keepingmum:

Oga start by been honest with your self and with us then perhaps we can accurately advise you
4 - How old are yo
5 - What type of work did you do in the UK and how many hours do you work per week, how much are you paid .
bro you have said it all. Is like kpali racket dey involved

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by CDMHELPDESK007: 11:47am On Dec 11, 2018
There is more to this story. pls tell us your friend's side of the story tanx.
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by greggng: 11:49am On Dec 11, 2018
This story is as fake as buhari been a clone
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Captainsklyer(m): 11:49am On Dec 11, 2018
Get the full story... It doesn't make sense
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 11, 2018
Control7:
Good Morning All,

I need to seek advice from good people of Nairaland. A friend of mine was taken to UK some years back, all expenses paid by his Uncle, got a working permit. There was a misunderstanding between them, the Uncle seized his travelling document including Passport and was told to pay back all the money he used in bring him from Nigeria to UK (5 Million Naira) before he is going to release his document.

After my friend worked and payed, his Uncle just woke up one morning booked ticket to Nigeria for both of them saying they need to go home. As we speak my friend is back to Nigeria without anything and after paying the 5M, the uncle still didnt release his Travelling document.

Please I need advice, Can he apply for a replacement of both working permit and Passport, let's assume he was robbed and everything was taken away, though he has them snapped on his phone. This guy is already depressed.

so how did he travel out of the UK. In a box?

I hope this ur friend and his uncle werent deported because story doesnt add up.

2 Likes

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Mankosi: 11:53am On Dec 11, 2018
Did he sleep with his uncle's wife? Tell us the whole story and nothing but the truth.
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Nobody: 11:54am On Dec 11, 2018
Control7:
Good Morning All,

If the uncle seized his documents before they travelled or before he either coerced, bullied or convinced him to travel to Nigeria, which documents did he travel with??

Did the uncle release those documents to him in the UK before the travel to Naija, then collected them when they landed in Nigeria?

This story get as e be.
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Jaydear: 11:54am On Dec 11, 2018
Control7:
Good Morning All,

I strongly suspect the guy in question slept with his Uncles wife.
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Jaydear: 11:54am On Dec 11, 2018
Control7:
Good Morning All,

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Sharic: 11:54am On Dec 11, 2018
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Ikem11(m): 11:54am On Dec 11, 2018
keepingmum:

4 - How old are yo

Make una no mind that boy. He change his Monika just to post this story na him offend his uncle make him go beg the man or stay in that naija. Bad friends go kill am 1day

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by ipobarethieves: 11:55am On Dec 11, 2018
sad it is always ur friend.Anyway,i knw u are ur own friend.Pls dnt do anything stewpid,fight/insult him.Go see one of his best paddy/elderly pipu u knw he respect dem,talk to Dem to help u out.Prostrate b4 him.Once he release ur document, go back/relocate elsewhere. Change ur mobile number. Dnt go visit him until he reach 90 years old.Wish u well
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Ianmaduka(m): 11:55am On Dec 11, 2018
kamez:
this story makes no sense..how did his uncle get his travelling documents and passport when the guy had already gotten his work permit? or did he ask his uncle to hold the documents for him, in which case he is a slowpoke...

then he sheepishly followed his uncle back to Nigeria after paying him back 5million naira. abeg are u talking about an adult or an adolescent??

I can't give u any advice because honestly I don't believe this story.....
mehn this dude need to rules this gadem country o...so people like dey here na those yeye old men dem dey use our future dey play sweel �

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Trailer Saved Another From Falling This Morning In Lagos / Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) / Gabriel Diya, Son & Daughter Drown In Swimming Pool In Spain - Inquest Hears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.