Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,191 members, 7,822,012 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit - Travel (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit (56940 Views)

15 Giant Snails From Nigeria Seized At US Airport (Video) / Biodun Adedeji Hammed's Lost Travel Documents And Tickets Found / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD*** (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by RalphJean: 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2018
Control7:
Good Morning All,

I need to seek advice from good people of Nairaland. A friend of mine was taken to UK some years back, all expenses paid by his Uncle, got a working permit. There was a misunderstanding between them, the Uncle seized his travelling document including Passport and was told to pay back all the money he used in bring him from Nigeria to UK (5 Million Naira) before he is going to release his document.

After my friend worked and payed, his Uncle just woke up one morning booked ticket to Nigeria for both of them saying they need to go home. As we speak my friend is back to Nigeria without anything and after paying the 5M, the uncle still didnt release his Travelling document.

Please I need advice, Can he apply for a replacement of both working permit and Passport, let's assume he was robbed and everything was taken away, though he has them snapped on his phone. This guy is already depressed.

LIE LIE story

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Medunah: 12:46pm On Dec 11, 2018
Control7:
They came to Nigeria together, even as we speak the Uncle is still in Nigeria planning to go back and still has the documents with him.

Sorry to say this but your friend isn't smart.
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Agbaletu: 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2018
RalphJean:

LIE LIE story
Don't mind the boy.

How did his friend go through the immigration checks without his travelling document?

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Das77herbal: 12:55pm On Dec 11, 2018
AreaFada2:

Your brain dey sharp.

He wants people to believe this infantile story.
From all indications he still lived with the uncle in UK.
How did he crossed UK immigration without holding his own passport? Once he had his passport, he had the opportunity to refuse returning home right at the UK airport and go live with a friend.
If an uncle would not release passport in UK, what makes him think he would in Nigeria? shocked

How do you know the Uncle did not apply for Emergency travel certificate for him ? That crosses you through UK immigration as well.

Or are we talking of a mentally retarded person here?
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by igwefivestar(m): 1:01pm On Dec 11, 2018
obailala:
Actually a very poor attempt at fiction. Too many holes in the story.
grin grin grin
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by seangy4konji: 1:03pm On Dec 11, 2018
freshdude99:

gods u meant?
u v an idea of what I mean
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Tats(m): 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2018
ednut1:
so the uncle presented the passport to immigration for him hahahaha, ur a joker. if true he would simply go to nigeria embassy in london and report it missing. ur story no gel. ur guy prob has a visiting visa which had expired

There is usually no immigration checks on exit from the UK. The only place where you need to show your passport is at check in counter and when boarding the aircraft. It is possible to hold onto someone else's passport in this scenario if you are travelling with them and are the main traveller. Boarding pass alone is enough to get into security for checks after check in.

To the OP,
What category of work permit is it? If it is tied to an employer and the employer is the uncle, then getting it reissued in Nigeria would be difficult. Even if it isn't tied to the uncle, it may be difficult to get it reissued in Nigeria. I wonder why the person agreed to return to Nigeria. Returning for holiday is a known trick to return people to Nigeria against their will.

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by igwefivestar(m): 1:06pm On Dec 11, 2018
[quote author=Das77herbal post=73747627][/quote]maybe he thought UK is like Nigeria grin grin where u bribe everybody even a governor
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by ithink7: 1:08pm On Dec 11, 2018
Control7:
Good Morning All,

I need to seek advice from good people of Nairaland. A friend of mine was taken to UK some years back, all expenses paid by his Uncle, got a working permit. There was a misunderstanding between them, the Uncle seized his travelling document including Passport and was told to pay back all the money he used in bring him from Nigeria to UK (5 Million Naira) before he is going to release his document.

After my friend worked and payed, his Uncle just woke up one morning booked ticket to Nigeria for both of them saying they need to go home. As we speak my friend is back to Nigeria without anything and after paying the 5M, the uncle still didnt release his Travelling document.

Please I need advice, Can he apply for a replacement of both working permit and Passport, let's assume he was robbed and everything was taken away, though he has them snapped on his phone. This guy is already depressed.

I think he should first involve family members. If they can't help, then he should visit the UK embassy and talk to someone. They might have a way to go about it. Except if they documents are oluwole or this story is fake.
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by GeneralOjukwu: 1:10pm On Dec 11, 2018
This guy must have been caught committing a serious crime like rape or child abuse and thats why his uncle deported him wink
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by semiworld1: 1:12pm On Dec 11, 2018
This story has elements of lie, and maybe the bearer of the story is trying to outsmart his uncle without paying his uncle back, how is it possible to get back to nigeria without this documents mentioned above. Oga go beg ur uncle or dey here make you dey hustle with us

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by AlphaStyles(m): 1:18pm On Dec 11, 2018
This story no complete

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by frank317: 1:23pm On Dec 11, 2018
how did he travel back to naija without his documents... i am not understanding
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Princezibk: 1:45pm On Dec 11, 2018
Report him to ayilala
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Mizwisdom(f): 1:55pm On Dec 11, 2018
Why do people keep creating false stories like this? Are you saying your fake friend doesn't have a copy of his work permit, can't he get an affidavit or write a letter to the home office regarding his work permit? I hate lies
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by dajoaneke(m): 2:13pm On Dec 11, 2018
Emzyme:
How strong is this uncle of his
that he cant wrestle his document from him

alternatively purchase snake venom nd d vaccine

sharply inject d uncle tell him u will only release d vaccine to him once he gives u ur documents

watch the docs suddenly appear
Wicked man. Hahahaha. Honestly na the best option be that.
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by hysteriabox(m): 2:15pm On Dec 11, 2018
Control7:
Good Morning All,

So the uncle gave him his papers at the airport on their way back to Nigeria... He showed the relevant authorities at various points... Then on arrival, he jejely handed them back to the uncle abi?

Super story
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by Hassan88(m): 2:20pm On Dec 11, 2018
Tell him to remain in Nigeria
And not to get atikulated.
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by JoseVanMoyes: 2:42pm On Dec 11, 2018
Control7:
Good Morning All,

u r a liar Oga..
before u leave or enter any country, u must stamp out or stamp in with ur passport...

so his uncle presented his passport to immigration for stamping in and stamping out...

stop lying u this silly liar
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by def111(m): 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2018
Your friend mumu die ... As them reach airport for UK, his passport will be in his hand... From that point he should hold his passport tight and be sharp...
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by tolani4real: 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2018
Control7:
Good Morning All,

The story or script doesn't add up. So his uncle forced him to travel with him to Nigeria. Nigerians and fake stories. He doesn't report to authority while both of them in UK. Better still he can obtain another one by informing UK authority that he lost the card. This is a made up story, totally fake
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by CableWire: 2:45pm On Dec 11, 2018
Honestly, this is a sorry case and a why why scenario.....
a. Why did he submit his documents to his uncle? Even if he was under some forces
b. Why didn't he report his ordeal to the home office even before now? Even a young immigrant toddler knows he/she can't trade with his/her paali
c. Why did he sacrificially and obediently accept his evil ploy of coming to Nigeria even when his documents were not in his care?
Why didn't he and his crew scream for help before now?
d. Why seeking for help now when the deal has been done?
e. Why did he allow the devil in his uncles' heart to over-power and hunt him down?
f. Why again did he allow powers of his fathers'house to over-shadow him?

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by tolani4real: 2:45pm On Dec 11, 2018
def111:
Your friend mumu die ... As them reach airport for UK, his passport will be in his hand... From that point he should hold his passport tight and be sharp...

The story is nothing but fake
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by babamadiba(m): 2:48pm On Dec 11, 2018
EVILFOREST:

That GUY must have INSULTED him beyond measure.
Why do you call him WICKED, when the STORY had already told you that his UNCLE also saw him through all the expenses he paid.

Something must have happened.
People become erratic the moment they arrive the UK, the US and Canada because FREEDOM abounds
#fact
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by dubbiskelly(m): 2:59pm On Dec 11, 2018
He should contact the Uk police and report his uncle for modern slavery. Sad to say this but it is very rampant with yorubas in the UK.
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by andyanders: 3:06pm On Dec 11, 2018
I think OP is not telling the truth here. How can an adulth not have his travel documents with him at the point of departure when he is not a minor? How come your so called friend cannot come here on nairaland forum to say the truth and you op, the story teller is here saying what you do not know. There is no way an adult will board an aircraft without his travel documents with him, even if he is been deported, the law officers must get travel permit to have the individual be allowed to board the aircraft with the law officers with the individual onboard

1 Like

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by 4dor: 3:09pm On Dec 11, 2018
This story is false. It was his Uncle that handled his documents at the airport too? His Uncle submitted his boarding pass?
Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by VajanahDischaj(f): 3:52pm On Dec 11, 2018
whats he going to do there? abeg relax here and lets fight this yeye govt out of power!! UK my foot

Control7:
Good Morning All,

Re: His Uncle Seized His Travelling Documents And UK Work Permit by DAramis: 3:54pm On Dec 11, 2018
What if it turns out that he slept with the uncle's wife or daughter?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Skylines Of Africa's Capital Cities (pictures) / Man's Leg Crushed In An Accident In Ajah, Begs God To Take His Life(Graphic Pix) / Gabriel Diya, Son & Daughter Drown In Swimming Pool In Spain - Inquest Hears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.