Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,346 members, 7,819,232 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 PM

I'm In A Fix, Need Help! - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm In A Fix, Need Help! (3296 Views)

I'm In The Church Now But, I'm Not Understanding Anything / Send Your Prayer Points, I'm In Church Now / God I'm In Need Of A Job!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by Nobody: 7:33am On Dec 12, 2018
HardMirror:
says a dolt that cant think for himself. He has to quote tesla cos you cant reach your own truth. This is the issue with religious people, you appeal to authority. Nikola tesla is intelligent but that does not make him right on all matters. There were intelligent people who supported slavery and many things we dont agree to today. So shove your quotations up ur arse.
'When the debate is lost, slander becomes the tool of the loser.'

1 Like

Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by CAPSLOCKED: 7:35am On Dec 12, 2018
HardMirror:
god talks to them yet there is nothing fantastic about their lives. You would expect that their lives would be so wonderful and mysterious to those of us who cant hear god. God would never tell them secret and revolutionary things. Only telling them to pay tithes and seeds. Daft people

THE MUSLIM GOD TELLS BELIEVERS PLACES TO BOMB, WHILE THE HINDU GODS SHOWS THEM WHICH WOMEN TO BEAT, OR HOW MANY LITRES OF COW URINE THEY SHOULD DRINK PER DAY. MY MAN RELIGION IS SERIOUS TROUBLE.

HardMirror:
says a dolt that cant think for himself. He has to quote tesla cos you cant reach your own truth. This is the issue with religious people, you appeal to authority. Nikola tesla is intelligent but that does not make him right on all matters. There were intelligent people who supported slavery and many things we dont agree to today. So shove your quotations up ur arse.
HardMirror:
case closed cos you have quoted Isaac Newton. Lol!!! Now calling you daft is actually a compliment. As i said before quoting intelligent people does not make their superstitions and religious whims an authority. What do you have to say about the great philosophers of ancient greece without which we would have the likes of Isaac newton, cos they paved way for modern day education? I guess socrates and aristotle who were pagans must be right too with their religious beliefs. I knew you were daft but i am surprised u are this thoughtless. I am not insulting you by the way. Just stating facts

BROTHER I STOPPED READING WHEN I SAW GALILEO IN THE FIRST LINE. I MEAN THESE GUYS ARE TOO GOOD IN PROVING US RIGHT WHEN WE SAY THEY LACK KNOWLEDGE OF THE THINGS THEY BELIEVE.

GALILEO GALILEI CHALLENGED RELIGION BY CHAMPIONING HEILIOCENTRIC THEORY. HISTORY KNOWS THIS.
GALILEO WAS FORCED TO STAND TRIAL IN ROME AND FOUND “VEHEMENTLY SUSPECT OF HERESY”, MAINLY FOR HIS SUPPORT OF THE HELIOCENTRIC VIEW OF THE UNIVERSE (A ROUND EARTH AMONG OTHER PLANETS ORBITING THE SUN, OPPOSING THE CATHOLIC CHURCH'S BELIEF THAT THE ONLY PLANET, EARTH WAS FLAT AND THE SUN REVOLVES ROUND IT).

BY PUBLICLY RENOUNCING HIS OPINION, GALILEO MANAGED TO AVOID THE DEATH PENALTY BUT WAS FORCED TO SPEND THE REST OF HIS LIFE UNDER HOUSE ARREST. DESPITE ALL OF THIS, BY OFFICIAL ACCOUNTS, GALILEO REMAINED A COMMITTED CATHOLIC RIGHT THROUGH TO HIS DEATH.

MANY SCIENTISTS LIVED IN PRETENCE AS CHRISTIANS TO SAVE THEIR LIVES. ALL THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS AND PRIZES WERE RECORDED AS WORKS BY CHRISTIANS WHEN IN REALITY, CHRISTIANITY WAS BUSY KILLING UNBELIEVERS IN ORDER TO UPHOLD THE LIES.

GIORDANO BRUNO THE PHILOSOPHER WAS EXECUTED BY BURNING BY CATHOLIC RULERS FOR HAVING CONTRARY OPINIONS. IF THEY STILL HAD THAT POWER RICKY, SAM HARRIS, AND THE REST OF US WOULD NOT BE HERE TODAY.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by Nobody: 7:36am On Dec 12, 2018
HardMirror:
case closed cos you have quoted Isaac Newton. Lol!!! Now calling you daft is actually a compliment. As i said before quoting intelligent people does not make their superstitions and religious whims an authority. What do you have to say about the great philosophers of ancient greece without which we would have the likes of Isaac newton, cos they paved way for modern day education? I guess socrates and aristotle who were pagans must be right too with their religious beliefs. I knew you were daft but i am surprised u are this thoughtless. I am not insulting you by the way. Just stating facts
What do you have to say about the great philosophers of ancient Greece ;
'Whatever comes from God is impossible for a man to turn back.'
Thucydides
'God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant, and the cat. He has no real style. He just keeps on trying other things.'
Epictetus (50-120) Greek philosopher.

Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by HardMirror(m): 8:18am On Dec 12, 2018
SUCKABLE88:

What do you have to say about the great philosophers of ancient Greece ;
'Whatever comes from God is impossible for a man to turn back.'
Thucydides
'God is really only another artist. He invented the giraffe, the elephant, and the cat. He has no real style. He just keeps on trying other things.'
Epictetus (50-120) Greek philosopher.
more foolishness on display. Went to dig up quotes from philosophers cos i mentioned philosophers. You really slow honestly. Are there pagan philosophers? Are there muslim philosophers? Are there Buddhist philosophers? Are there atheist philosophers? Are there christian philosophers? Are there hindu philosophers?

The answer is yes. So does religion affiliation interpret to intelligence?

Do you know Allan Turing? So cos he is gay, it means we should start quoting him to make everyone gay?

What if nikola tesla is gay? Would that be a reason for you to be gay too?

So because they talk about god and your religion, it interpreted to them being right?

So their morale principles must also be right?

Do you see me quoting people here? I dont because i can think. I dont need to start searching for quotes to think. But people like you without ability to think need to search for peoples quotes before you know what to believe. You cannot think

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by Nobody: 8:21am On Dec 12, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THE MUSLIM GOD TELLS BELIEVERS PLACES TO BOMB, WHILE THE HINDU GODS SHOWS THEM WHICH WOMEN TO BEAT, OR HOW MANY LITRES OF COW URINE THEY SHOULD DRINK PER DAY. MY MAN RELIGION IS SERIOUS TROUBLE.

BROTHER I STOPPED READING WHEN I SAW GALILEO IN THE FIRST LINE. I MEAN THESE GUYS ARE TOO GOOD IN PROVING US RIGHT WHEN WE SAY THEY LACK KNOWLEDGE OF THE THINGS THEY BELIEVE.

GALILEO GALILEI CHALLENGED RELIGION BY CHAMPIONING HEILIOCENTRIC THEORY. HISTORY KNOWS THIS.
GALILEO WAS FORCED TO STAND TRIAL IN ROME AND FOUND “VEHEMENTLY SUSPECT OF HERESY”, MAINLY FOR HIS SUPPORT OF THE HELIOCENTRIC VIEW OF THE UNIVERSE (A ROUND EARTH AMONG OTHER PLANETS ORBITING THE SUN, OPPOSING THE CATHOLIC CHURCH'S BELIEF THAT THE ONLY PLANET, EARTH WAS FLAT AND THE SUN REVOLVES ROUND IT).

BY PUBLICLY RENOUNCING HIS OPINION, GALILEO MANAGED TO AVOID THE DEATH PENALTY BUT WAS FORCED TO SPEND THE REST OF HIS LIFE UNDER HOUSE ARREST. DESPITE ALL OF THIS, BY OFFICIAL ACCOUNTS, GALILEO REMAINED A COMMITTED CATHOLIC RIGHT THROUGH TO HIS DEATH.

MANY SCIENTISTS LIVED IN PRETENCE AS CHRISTIANS TO SAVE THEIR LIVES. ALL THEIR ACHIEVEMENTS AND PRIZES WERE RECORDED AS WORKS BY CHRISTIANS WHEN IN REALITY, CHRISTIANITY WAS BUSY KILLING UNBELIEVERS IN ORDER TO UPHOLD THE LIES.

GIORDANO BRUNO THE PHILOSOPHER WAS EXECUTED BY BURNING BY CATHOLIC RULERS FOR HAVING CONTRARY OPINIONS. IF THEY STILL HAD THAT POWER RICKY, SAM HARRIS, AND THE REST OF US WOULD NOT BE HERE TODAY.
Mr Man here is a quote from a private(letter by Galileo to the Grand duchess Christina;

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use."
Galileo Galilei
"Letter to the Grand Duchess Christina". Essay by Galileo Galilei, 1615.
Galileo did not live in pretence of his faith #fact.
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by HardMirror(m): 8:22am On Dec 12, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

it is really laughable that these christians cant think. They go about looking for comfort in the belief of others that they think are better than them. If oyedepo comes out to say there is no god today, many of them will follow him cos they never had ability to think for themselves

1 Like

Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by HardMirror(m): 8:26am On Dec 12, 2018
SUCKABLE88:

Mr Man here is a quote from a private(letter by Galileo to the Grand duchess Christina;

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with senses, reason, and intellect has intended us to forego their use."
Galileo Galilei
"Letter to the Grand Duchess Christina". Essay by Galileo Galilei, 1615.
Galileo did not live in pretence of his faith #fact.
and yet you cannot use your own senses. You just go about following.

You have mentioned rich people who are christian. You also mentioned intelligent people who are christians.

I asked you a simple question which you have not answered. Are christians the only rich people? Are christians the only intelligent people?

Are there not hundreds of millions of poor christians?
Are there not hundreds of millions of fooolish christians?

Now let's see if you have the 'sense' you are talking about and if you are ready to use it
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 12, 2018
It is obvious you guys just want a shouting contest since you can't disprove the Fact that 'Man is better with God than without God.'
For the record Christians are not the only rich people but they are the richest, they are not the only intelligent group but they are the most intelligent(highest Nobel laureates) #fact
My Advice: Seek God for real wisdom that stands the test of time.
byeeeeee
@ OP God bless you, comfort you and open your eyes to his understanding..
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by Solksjaer: 9:54am On Dec 12, 2018
SUCKABLE88:
It is obvious you guys just want a shouting contest since you can't disprove the Fact that 'Man is better with God than without God.'
For the record Christians are not the only rich people but they are the richest, they are not the only intelligent group but they are the most intelligent(highest Nobel laureates) #fact
My Advice: Seek God for real wisdom that stands the test of time.
byeeeeee
@ OP God bless you, comfort you and open your eyes to his understanding..
I could see that you guys have deviated from the discourse but I feel what you're personally trying to do is appeal to authority...
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by enilove(m): 11:35am On Dec 12, 2018
Solksjaer:
I could see that you guys have deviated from the discourse but I feel what you're personally trying to do is appeal to authority...

You need to address your problems and get solutions to it b4 considering your mum , because someone who needs help cannot be a good helper.

Why do you think there is no God ?

Read these scriptures and do a deep thinking about it :

Exodus 14:21-31 KJV
And Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the Lord caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea dry land , and the waters were divided.
[22] And the children of Israel went into the midst of the sea upon the dry ground : and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.
[23] And the Egyptians pursued, and went in after them to the midst of the sea, even all Pharaoh's horses, his chariots, and his horsemen.
[24] And it came to pass, that in the morning watch the Lord looked unto the host of the Egyptians through the pillar of fire and of the cloud, and troubled the host of the Egyptians,
[25] And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily: so that the Egyptians said, Let us flee from the face of Israel; for the Lord fighteth for them against the Egyptians. [26] And the Lord said unto Moses, Stretch out thine hand over the sea, that the waters may come again upon the Egyptians, upon their chariots, and upon their horsemen.
[27] And Moses stretched forth his hand over the sea, and the sea returned to his strength when the morning appeared; and the Egyptians fled against it; and the Lord overthrew the Egyptians in the midst of the sea.
[28] And the waters returned, and covered the chariots, and the horsemen, and all the host of Pharaoh that came into the sea after them; there remained not so much as one of them. [29] But the children of Israel walked upon dry land in the midst of the sea; and the waters were a wall unto them on their right hand, and on their left.
[30] Thus the Lord saved Israel that day out of the hand of the Egyptians; and Israel saw the Egyptians dead upon the sea shore.
[31] And Israel saw that great work which the Lord did upon the Egyptians: and the people feared the Lord , and believed the Lord , and his servant Moses.

THE EGYPTIANS ARE STILL EXISTING AND ARE THERE4 WITNESS TO WHAT HAPPENED because THE REMAINS OF THE ISRAELITES ARE STILL EVIDENT IN GOSHEN WHERE THE ISRAELITES ONCE LIVED.
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by Nobody: 11:49am On Dec 12, 2018
[quote author=CAPSLOCKED post=73763633]

EXCUSE ME.
I WOULDN'T PUBLICLY DECLARE THAT I DON'T BELIEVE IN JESUS CHRIST. YOU KNOW WHY?
I'LL LOSE THE TRUST AND RELATIONSHIP OF MANY NIGERIANS. DO YOU THINK WIZKID AND KUNLE GOLD WOULD HAVE SUCH AMOUNT OF FANS IF THEY REPLACED OLUWA WITH "THERE ARE NO GODS" IN THEIR MUSIC?
ORDINARY THAT DADDY FREEZE TALKED AGAINST THIEVING PASTORS HE LOST FANS AND JOBS.
IN THE NORTHERN PARTS OF THIS COUNTRY MANY CHRISTIANS DRESS LIKE AND PRETEND THEY'RE MUSLIMS FOR SAFETY AND FAVOURS. SO MY GUY, THAT THESE GUYS IDENTIFY WITH CHRISTIANITY DOESN'T NECESSARILY MEAN THEY BELIEVE IN YOUR FAVORITE DEITIES.

WE KNOW THE EFFECTS OF "GOD TOLD ME", "GOD BLESS YOU", "BECAUSE OF GOD" AND OTHER NONSENSE PHRASES WHICH INCLUDES THE WORD "GOD" ON THE BRAINS OF YOU RELIGIOUS CLOWNS, THAT'S WHY THE WISER PEOPLE USE THEM TO MILK YOU GULLIBLE FOLKS.

TRULY, YOU RELIGIOUS FOLKS ARE NOT VERY SMART. YOUR OWN POST IS AGAINST YOU. cool
[/quote But Burna boy once said he'd beat up pastors and he still has a lot of fans...
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by LordReed(m): 10:31am On Dec 13, 2018
Solksjaer:
To start with, I'm from a family of eight, the only male and five sisters. My dad died recently and the burial was held some few days ago and almost every member of the extended family was present.
Here is where the problem lies, I don't believe in the existence of God and I've been like that for seven years now when I found no evidence for his existence. My mom kinda knows I don't really care about religion but doesn't know i don't believe in God. I'm having a conflict with myself right now and It's really driving me crazy no doubt I love my mom but this I'm going through is really killing me inside. Seems its me against the world.
Now everyone wants me to lead the morning devotion, wants me to start holding vigils and night prayer. To cap it all, what most of them are saying is "if you want this woman to live long, you have to accept Jesus and be prayerful you have to do this u have to do that. I really feel what they are trying to do 8s manipulate me emotionally but at the same time my mum.
So folks, I'd seek for your perspective on this issue. Should I give in to this because of my mom or should I Discard all what they're saying because of myself?
CC. CAPSLOCKED, urahara, Hardmirror, johnnydon, Seun ET Al

You are under no obligation to be religious or to tell anybody that you no longer believe. As someone already pointed out it is the consequences of your actions you must weigh and judge if you have the capacity to deal with those consequences. I started to tell my family when I was good and ready because I was certain that I could deal with the consequences so far the worst that has happened is my sister shouting " You will go to hell!". Meanwhile we all still laugh and play like before because they realise that I haven't become a demon just because I no longer believe but then again we don't live in the same house so you really need to judge based on your own circumstances. The other day my mum asked me anoint and pray for her (I haven't told her), I did and didn't burst into flames. Don't be hard on yourself over this, it is mostly for people's comfort the things they believe, you can grant them on occasion, it does no harm to you at least.

4 Likes

Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by luvmijeje(f): 12:24pm On Dec 13, 2018
Op, I had nothing more to add because there have been a lot of beautiful responses from those that I didn't expect it from.

But let me share this short story with you. I still believe in God but I've stop going to church for the past 1 year because I no longer believe in Christ being divine. Those close to me knows that I've stop going to church but they don't know I've stop believing in christ. So there was a time a family friend came to visit us and when leaving, we that are present are forced to pray.

When it was my turned, I discovered I couldn't pray without putting Jesus. So I quickly weigh the option, don't pray and cause a scene or pray and don't cause a scene. I choose to pray and not cause a scene.

2 Likes

Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by enilove(m): 1:11pm On Dec 13, 2018
luvmijeje:
Op, I had nothing more to add because there have been a lot of beautiful responses from those that I didn't expect it from.

But let me share this short story with you. I still believe in God but I've stop going to church for the past 1 year because I no longer believe in Christ being divine. Those close to me knows that I've stop going to church but they don't know I've stop believing in christ. So there was a time a family friend came to visit us and when leaving, we that are present are forced to pray.

When it was my turned, I discovered I couldn't pray without putting Jesus. So I quickly weigh the option, don't pray and cause a scene or pray and don't cause a scene. I choose to pray and not cause a scene.

WHY DON'T YOU BELIEVE IN THE DIVINITY OF CHRIST ?

1 Like

Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by Solksjaer: 1:48pm On Dec 13, 2018
LordReed:

You are under no obligation to be religious or to tell anybody that you no longer believe. As someone already pointed out it is the consequences of your actions you must weigh and judge if you have the capacity to deal with those consequences. I started to tell my family when I was good and ready because I was certain that I could deal with the consequences so far the worst that has happened is my sister shouting " You will go to hell!". Meanwhile we all still laugh and play like before because they realise that I haven't become a demon just because I no longer believe but then again we don't live in the same house so you really need to judge based on your own circumstances. The other day my mum asked me anoint and pray for her (I haven't told her), I did and didn't burst into flames. Don't be hard on yourself over this, it is mostly for people's comfort the things they believe, you can grant them on occasion, it does no harm to you at least.
oops! I forgot to mention, my late dad was a pastor and they wanted me to fill the void he left, most of his colleagues came to me on a one on one telling me the same thing: ranging from fasting praying, going to mountain and all those rites associated with religion. Seriously, I feel like running away cuz I'm kinda self sufficient but my MOM is really the issue here. Its really crazy bro.
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by luvmijeje(f): 2:03pm On Dec 13, 2018
enilove:

WHY DON'T YOU BELIEVE IN THE DIVINITY OF CHRIST ?

Thank you for asking.

I've gotten to discover he's a man like you and me with his own flaws. That a certain group of men sat down in a cubicle and decides to play God by creating a mystery around him.

Do you know the first manuscript ever discovered in relation to the new testament was the the book of Revelation. The first set of manuscripts that should have been discovered if we go according to the Bible should be the 4 books of gospel. And in carrying out my research, I found that the authors of the four gospel books are not witness talk less of christ's disciples. How can you write about someone when you're not a witness?
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by luvmijeje(f): 2:23pm On Dec 13, 2018
Solksjaer:
oops! I forgot to mention, my late dad was a pastor and they wanted me to fill the void he left, most of his colleagues came to me on a one on one telling me the same thing: ranging from fasting praying, going to mountain and all those rites associated with religion. Seriously, I feel like running away cuz I'm kinda self sufficient but my MOM is really the issue here. Its really crazy bro.

Thank them for the honor and let them know you just finish 7 days praying and fasting on the issue and God told you if you dabble into it, you will forfeit your life just like your father did. Tell your mother the same story, they will leave you shaperly.
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by LordReed(m): 2:36pm On Dec 13, 2018
Solksjaer:

Then tell them you cannot be a pastor, you are not called or led to be one.

As for your mom, you may need to start preparing her mind towards you revealing your lack of belief.
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by enilove(m): 7:34pm On Dec 13, 2018
luvmijeje:

Thank you for asking.

I've gotten to discover he's a man like you and me with his own flaws. That a certain group of men sat down in a cubicle and decides to play God by creating a mystery around him.

Do you know the first manuscript ever discovered in relation to the new testament was the the book of Revelation. The first set of manuscripts that should have been discovered if we go according to the Bible should be the 4 books of gospel. And in carrying out my research, I found that the authors of the four gospel books are not witness talk less of christ's disciples. How can you write about someone when you're not a witness?

What exactly do you mean by " discovered" ?
Where they at anytime lost ?

Secondly , what research did you carryout and how did you come to the conclusion that the writters of the gospel were not the disciples of Jesus ?

Do you think the Bible just started existing 100 Yeats ago ?
Why was the Bible allowed in the land of Israel , which is the centre of it all , or was it not known to them that Jesus never existed ?

Why did the Israelites Pharisees not dispute the occurrences of these events ?

Pls , don't decieve yourself , I know PERSONALLY that Jesus is real , and he is our Lord and Saviour .

1 Like

Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by budaatum: 7:55pm On Dec 13, 2018
enilove:

Secondly , what research did you carryout and how did you come to the conclusion that the writters of the gospel were not the disciples of Jesus ?
Have you done any research into this at all? There's quite a lot out there pointing to none of the gospels being written by the disciples of Jesus. The earliest gospel is said to be Mark, and it's author is anonymous.

And sorry luvmi. Revelations was one of the later documents. The letters of Paul being the first.

Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by enilove(m): 8:48pm On Dec 13, 2018
budaatum:

Have you done any research into this at all? There's quite a lot out there pointing to none of the gospels being written by the disciples of Jesus. The earliest gospel is said to be Mark, and it's author is anonymous.

And sorry luvmi. Revelations was one of the later documents. The letters of Paul being the first.

Was mark the only gospel ?
What about Matthew and John , were the Two not disciples of Jesus ?

One thing is clear , and that is , researches into the long past can be right or wrong. What is available from that long past years is enough and more authentic than mere probabilities set by researchers.

The Bible had been existing more that 2000 years , any research after more that a Thousand year is a guess work or mere opinion .

I wonder what your type would have said , had it been the Bible was not written or documented .
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by budaatum: 9:04pm On Dec 13, 2018
enilove:

Was mark the only gospel ?
What about Matthew and John , were the Two not disciples of Jesus ?
The Gospels according to Matthew and John were not written by the disciples Matthew and John, eni. And it isn't true that "What is available from that long past years is enough and more authentic than mere probabilities set by researchers", nor is it true that "any research after more that a Thousand year is a guess work or mere opinion".

The Bible itself has benefited immensely from research done in the past thousand years. If it hadn't, you'd have had to learn Latin or Greek to be able to read it!
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by Nobody: 10:39pm On Dec 13, 2018
Solksjaer:
It's like you're deliberately ignoring my own suggestion, and those that are responding are not the ones it was meant for.

You didn't mention that your dad was a pastor right?

Of course it's not about him being a pastor or not but I sensed that God was trying to tell you something with all that's happening to you.

See ironically I have been in a similar shoes and I say ironically because In my own case It wasn't because I wanted keep away from God but that i wasn't satisfied with what is being called church today, so I wanted to take it up a notch higher to the level it was when it first began where it was all about God.

And you know what that meant, I had to go against my parents wishes, and plans and expectations for me, in the process of achieving that.

And they were so so disappointed with me and disapproved of my actions and decisions taken in this respect, and they weren't atheists or Muslims but Christians who not just went to church, but were very active and ordained members of the church. But they were even binding and casting and praying against the result of my resolve to give God my everything thinking it was the devil that was behind it.

But i stood by own decision and I could remember telling my dad that I was going to be responsible for the consequences of my actions, although I would admit that it was sad for me to see the reproach my parents had to go thru because of my decisions in the respect of loving God to the extent I thought He deserved to be loved.

But such a situation made me to understand why Jesus said one has to hate His father, mother, etc.,(Lk 14:26) because at that level of walk with God one can not have two masters, for he will have to decide between the two, who to hate and who to love, who to despise and who to hold on to(Mt 6:14).

So in my case as much as I loved and respected my parents more than any other persons on the face of the earth, I had to choose God.

And it's was very hot and crazy then but this is over fifteen years since I made that choice and let them know about it, so obviously even though they were disappointed and yet are, but over time they've come to understand that It's my decision and there's nothing they could do about it, so they just have to bear with it.

So you can see the irony in it because to put God first, na problem, to be atheist, na still problem, but I think it's possible that your mum could even prefer for you to be an atheist than to love God as I do because at least you would make her proud in other areas, than someone like Jesus who had a dream, and the dream was to die on a cross for the sins of mankind.

But I think your decision should be based on the value you place on atheism, how far would you go for it? Do you love your mum more than it or the otherwise? Who is your number one? Pretty much the same thing as you having to choose between your mum and atheism who your master is, because your eventual decision would reveal that to you.
So that one na your own cross of atheism for you to carry.

In my own case it was clear that i loved God more than my parents and I proved it by chosing Him instead of them, and therefore carried my cross of whatever consequences that came with that love.
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by enilove(m): 10:57pm On Dec 13, 2018
budaatum:

The Gospels according to Matthew and John were not written by the disciples Matthew and John, eni. And it isn't true that "What is available from that long past years is enough and more authentic than mere probabilities set by researchers", nor is it true that "any research after more that a Thousand year is a guess work or mere opinion".

The Bible itself has benefited immensely from research done in the past thousand years. If it hadn't, you'd have had to learn Latin or Greek to be able to read it!

Mathew was the Jewish tax collector for the Roman govt who was called by Jesus tp become one of the Twelve apostles.
Thus , his Gospel often gives an eye -witness account.

The book of John was written by John the brother of James who were followers of John the Baptist until Jesus called them to follow him. Jesus referred to them as " Sons of Thunder " , but later as "disciple whom Jesus loved".
John also wrote the 123 books of John and the bpok of Revelation.
He was very close to Jesus. This gives , also , a vivid eye - witness account .

Lastly , translations from one existing language to another existing language is not a research work per se but more of education .
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by HardMirror(m): 11:03pm On Dec 13, 2018
enilove:

Mathew was the Jewish tax collector for the Roman govt who was called by Jesus tp become one of the Twelve apostles.

The book of John was written by John the brother of James who were followers of John the Baptist until Jesus called them to follow him. Jesus referred to them as " Sons of Thunder " , but later as "disciple whom Jesus loved".

Lastly , translations from one existing language to another existing language is not a research work per se but more of education .
he said those books were not written by mathew and john.
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by budaatum: 11:49pm On Dec 13, 2018
enilove:

There is no evidence for any of this, eni, and the accounts you claim were written by the people you mention does not indicate they wrote it!

And the research was not simply translating "from one existing language to another existing language".
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by enilove(m): 5:58am On Dec 14, 2018
budaatum:

There is no evidence for any of this, eni, and the accounts you claim were written by the people you mention does not indicate they wrote it!

And the research was not simply translating "from one existing language to another existing language".

One of the evidences is this below :

John 21:24-25 KJV
This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.
[25] And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

These are the very last two verses of the book of John , which serve as an identify of the writer and his signature.
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by luvmijeje(f): 11:02am On Dec 14, 2018
enilove:

What exactly do you mean by " discovered" ?
Where they at anytime lost ?

Do you think the Bible just started existing 100 Yeats ago ?
Why was the Bible allowed in the land of Israel , which is the centre of it all , or was it not known to them that Jesus never existed ?

Why did the Israelites Pharisees not dispute the occurrences of these events ?

Pls , don't decieve yourself , I know PERSONALLY that Jesus is real , and he is our Lord and Saviour .

Let me answer it accordance.

Firstly, I used the word discover because I don't have knowledge of it before.

Research are done by reading documents in relating to what you are interested in. It won't kill if you do it too. In in this case I simply queried the authors of four books of the gospel.

No the Bible didn't start 100 years ago. It was made public 500 years ago when a man named Martin Luther interpreted the Bible and fought for it to be made public. Do you know about that? Meaning the Bible was accessible to a few group of men who called themselves priests. Again do you know about that?

The Bible was not made public. The new testaments was written after every single one involve were dead and buried. It's like writing a book on Oduduwa the so called founder of Yoruba race. Where will I get my materials from? The four books of gospel was based on I hear and them say and not on what the writers saw and heard.

There is a reason Christians are still in minority and not majority in the Land of Isreal. They are mainly jews.

Jesus is your lord and personal saviour and not mine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by frank317: 3:34pm On Dec 14, 2018
I told my family about my nonreligious stand and they tried to bring the persecution wahala.

Guess what, I persecute them instead. Na them de fear me self. As it is now, even God is afraid to ask me to come to him... He knows I will take his beloved followers away from him... And as a loser that he is, he cannot even dear come close to me.
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by budaatum: 7:00pm On Dec 14, 2018
I suggest you study more into how the gospels came about. There's quite a lot of research done about it that not knowing is a choice.
enilove:

One of the evidences is this below :

John 21:24-25 KJV
This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true.
[25] And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

These are the very last two verses of the book of John , which serve as an identify of the writer and his signature.
Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by Nobody: 10:29pm On Dec 14, 2018
luvmijeje:

Jesus is your lord and personal saviour and not mine.
I'm really sorry for Interrupting you conversation here but I couldn't just ignore this comment you made, for it seems as if you were actually speaking to me.

For Jesus is my Lord and personal Saviour and even so much more.

For He's also my personal motivator, inspiration, mentor, heart, lover, oga at the top, in short he's my everything.

And I don't just love Him jeje, but welu welu, in fact I love Him with all of my heart, soul, mind, liver, kidneys, brain, understanding, ignorance, wisdom, foolishness, knowledge, and what's else is left?

Infact Jesus just dey scatter my head as i dey here dey type this thing, and I fit go to any extent for am.

And wahahi talahi nothing fit come In between me and am for ever, ti ti lai lai. Jesus for life, Jesus forever, Jesus for better for worse etc.

And this is not just empty talk but me for real!

Sorry about this but that your comment was so inspiring, it struck the right cord in me and I just couldn't contain myself. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I'm In A Fix, Need Help! by luvmijeje(f): 5:17am On Dec 15, 2018
jesusjnr:
I'm really sorry for Interrupting you conversation here but I couldn't just ignore this comment you made, for it seems as if you were actually speaking to me.

For Jesus is my Lord and personal Saviour and even so much more.

For He's also my personal motivator, inspiration, mentor, heart, lover, oga at the top, in short he's my everything.

And I don't just love Him jeje, but welu welu, in fact I love Him with all of my heart, soul, mind, liver, kidneys, brain, understanding, ignorance, wisdom, foolishness, knowledge, and what's else is left?

Infact Jesus just dey scatter my head as i dey here dey type this thing, and I fit go to any extent for am.

And wahahi talahi nothing fit come In between me and am for ever, ti ti lai lai. Jesus for life, Jesus forever, Jesus for better for worse etc.

And this is not just empty talk but me for real!

Sorry about this but that your comment was so inspiring, it struck the right cord in me and I just couldn't contain myself. cheesy

Good for you and again I'm going to say I like you and I'll give you 3 reasons why I've to say it again.

1. I was expecting arrows and darts(I've not finish going through my mentions.... So I may still receive some arrows) but I got sweetness.

2. You remind me of the beautiful part of being religious(But I've found something more beautiful than it)

3. Coming out against something that has given me a lot of good memories hurt a little and you made it hurt more but it's something I've to do to reach out to someone who's a little bit like me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Signs And Symbols Of Satan And His Agents / Pray For Pastor Chris And Christ Embassy If You Love Christ / The God That Never Was *

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 150
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.