Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? (20390 Views)

This Is How To Dress For Your Husband, Even When You're Nursing A Baby / Dr Siju Iluyomade Biography: Age, State Of Origin, Brother, Husband, Mother, Net / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Nobody: 5:13am On Jan 11, 2019
XDaBOSS:
3 things a lady needs to enjoy and rule her marriage:
1. Win your mother in-law heart
2. Be a good cook
3. Be humble to your husband.

And all other thing(s) will be an added bonus.
he will still cheat so what is the point

6 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Nobody: 5:39am On Jan 11, 2019
Treasuredlove:
thank you jare...you are indeed wise

And to add to what he has put down, all those shouting with holy rage, I have a question:
Do you still wash your mummy/daddy's clothes? Or do you pass the task to a younger one, washerman/woman, maid, dry cleaner?
Be truthful o
When was the last time your mom/dad, elderly one sent you an errand and did not grumble?
Hmmm...answer truthfully o
the way i grew up, everyone washes their clothes, even my dad, unless someone iS ill or busy and asks for your assistance. I didnt grow up with washing machine, but this is the rule. For years my mum pestered my dad about getting a washing machine. When she saw he had a lot of financial responsibilities, she went and got one. That washing machine is 8 years old today with no issues and my dad still washes his clothes himself with the washing machine till today.

If your mother in law can wash the clothes herself, then she should. If MIL is ill or old or asks for your help and assistance then you should help. But forcing her or coercing her or using your marriage to blackmail her to wash the clothes is plain wrong, it is a sign of a double minded family. We should learn to respect each other.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by pocohantas(f): 5:41am On Jan 11, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Mehn. Bae. Leave these pained creatures. I find it very hard washing my clothes sef, to top another na hassle on him own.

If I will do it, I will. If I won't, you won't force me.

The question people ask on certain issues will give an insight to how they view that topic.

E.g,
...If my sister slaps you, what will you do?
...Can you wash for your MIL?
...What will you do if you find out your husband is cheating?
...Can you resign your job for the marriage?
...Should married women change their number?
...Who should sit in the front seat of a man's car, his wife or mother?
...Who do you love most, your wife or mother?

Observe the questions and trend. It will tell you a lot on how they view marriage/wife. Which is why I will always say, if you meet the one that has sense...marry him immediately and respect him. Lots of them do not have sense.

9 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Nobody: 5:46am On Jan 11, 2019
pocohantas:

The question people ask on certain issues will give an insight to how they view that topic.

E.g,
...Who should sit in the front sit of a man's car, his wife or mother?

Observe the questions and trend. It will tell you a lot on how they view marriage/wife. Which is why I will always say, if you meet the one that has sense...marry him immediately and respect him. Lots of them do not have sense.
my dear, it is one thing for the men to talk, it is another thing for them to do what they say. Actions speak louder than words. Have you noticed the threads in romance section calling us recently?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by sacramento1212: 5:52am On Jan 11, 2019
OladimejiRufai:

And it is not a curse to die single.

Even Jesus was single before he left the world.

But he is coming back though... maybe he will marry then grin

[img]https://media1./images/e82c2cd09db0bf410917cda2ef22ffd4/tenor.gif?itemid=4986298[/img]
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by pocohantas(f): 5:55am On Jan 11, 2019
funmisticqueen:
my dear, it is one thing for the men to talk, it is another thing for them to do what they say. Actions speak louder than words. Have you noticed the threads in romance section calling us recently?

Nawa o, this is 2019 and someone is obsessed with who washes clothes. I see them, but I get more serious things to do biko cheesy

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Ishilove: 6:34am On Jan 11, 2019
pocohantas:

E.g,

You are a very sensible person.

5 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by ShameOnAPC: 7:19am On Jan 11, 2019
funmisticqueen:
your loss
stop quoting me, take your lowlife else where. Evening newspaper in the making

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by SURElee(f): 8:17am On Jan 11, 2019
tamethem:

Laziness and Pride are the problems of you ladies. No sane man would want his loving wife to be a slave for his family members.
But some situations warrant a good wife to be good to her mother in-law. Is it an everyday thing? No!

If they visit their In-laws like spending days with them. What stops a good girl from a good home to help her mother in-law with Kitchen chores and Laundry? If it
was her own parents home would she watch her mum wash her cloths while she folds her arms?

The same way you don't expect me as a man to visit my in-law and my Father in-law goes out into the compound to wash his car and I sit down reading the News paper, watching TV or Chatting.

Do I need anyone to tell me what to do before I know
its my duty as a son in-law to help out in such situation. Should I watch him Iron his cloth and walk pass. Or he goes into the backyard farm to weed and I start acting potche

There some things you don't need someone to tell you is right to do before you know its right.

This might sound weird or arkward. If I meet my mother in-law washing her cloths , I will attempt to do it for her. if she accepts I will do it. But most mothers won't want that to happen because it is a man .

I'm very sure because I mentioned washing machine and laundry woman to wash on weekly basis, you rushed to reply me. You didn't read where I said if the wife can wash her own mother's clothes, nothing stops her from her Mother in laws clothes(MIL)? Abi is it the MIL you didn't understand? Now if a wife works and faces Lagos traffic like I said and has weekends to rest, and attend to family chores and kids, so you expect her to use the 48hrs of weekend rest to do laundry? Biko, how much is washing machine on konga, Jiji, and jumia or cash and carry outlet on Allen Avenue? Oh! Na only the one the wife wash with her hand go clean abi? Oh! Till she overwork herself to exhaustion before you know she is a humble and hardworking wife abi? No wonder some wives look like grannies. Call me lazy all you want I'm entitled to my opinion, there are men who know they married a wife and not a slave. And why will you work round the clock year in year out and not even be able to afford simple basic equipment to make life easy for you? As I dey, I'm waiting for oyibo man to invent the machine that will be bathing me sef hahaha.

Bottom line is enjoy life, reduce stress and get the basic things to ease stress. So before you call me lazy, know that some people who have equipments at home, have then so that the time spent on those chores can be channeled else where.

Have a great day.

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by stephnie44(f): 8:20am On Jan 11, 2019
nkwuocha:
There's nothing wrong in washing ones mother inlaw clothes.Although not everyone likes washing clothes.Some are used to giving out their clothes for washing.A working class lady may find this chores very demanding but wouldn't mind cooking and serving your mother in law or any other chores.

If you can afford it,get her a washing machine.If not,your wife should try and help ones in a while.But it's not supposed to be by force by fire.
Come to think of it;
She 4cks you
Get Belle for you
Born for you
Cook for you
Of course wash your clothes
Wash your pikins clothe
Still add your mama own
She go still go shop and market

Kuku kill your wife grin

Bros you self get hand,wash your mama clothes na.
i cant nd wont.my mil is ######.can u imagine after visiting her for class.bought chicken for celebration.was about to fry d chicken during newyr celebration she walked up to me saying her husband counted d chicken.i was like wtf
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by SURElee(f): 8:20am On Jan 11, 2019
pocohantas:

E.g,

Are you minding them? Men who ask these questions are control freaks who feel yes, they now have a slave they paid for they can now control, they forget we no longer live in the cave man Era. Las Las they will be alright when reality dawns on them

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Nobody: 8:20am On Jan 11, 2019
ShameOnAPC:
stop quoting me, take your lowlife else where.
coming from a mama's boy who can't think for himself. Lol!

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by JONNYSPUTE(m): 8:44am On Jan 11, 2019
NWANZEH:

Matured Mind
.. Thanks nne..
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Nobody: 8:57am On Jan 11, 2019
SURElee:

I'm very sure because I mentioned washing machine and laundry woman to wash on weekly basis, you rushed to reply me. You didn't read where I said if the wife can wash her own mother's clothes, nothing stops her from her Mother in laws clothes(MIL)? Abi is it the MIL you didn't understand? Now if a wife works and faces Lagos traffic like I said and has weekends to rest, and attend to family chores and kids, so you expect her to use the 48hrs of weekend rest to do laundry? Biko, how much is washing machine on konga, Jiji, and jumia or cash and carry outlet on Allen Avenue? Oh! Na only the one the wife wash with her hand go clean abi? Oh! Till she overwork herself to exhaustion before you know she is a humble and hardworking wife abi? No wonder some wives look like grannies. Call me lazy all you want I'm entitled to my opinion, there are men who know they married a wife and not a slave. And why will you work round the clock year in year out and not even be able to afford simple basic equipment to make life easy for you? As I dey, I'm waiting for oyibo man to invent the machine that will be bathing me sef hahaha.

Bottom line is enjoy life, reduce stress and get the basic things to ease stress. So before you call me lazy, know that some people who have equipments at home, have then so that the time spent on those chores can be channeled else where.

Have a great day.

grin

God go help u
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by ShameOnAPC: 9:14am On Jan 11, 2019
funmisticqueen:
coming from a mama's boy who can't think for himself. Lol!
grin you'll die of high bp on top my matter ,I don't even know you exist until you mention me, when you marry, be dragging gender equity with your husband .okponu,evening newspaper in the making

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by jakandeola(m): 10:14am On Jan 11, 2019
funmisticqueen:
the way i grew up, everyone washes their clothes, even my dad, unless someone iS ill or busy and asks for your assistance. I didnt grow up with washing machine, but this is the rule. For years my mum pestered my dad about getting a washing machine. When she saw he had a lot of financial responsibilities, she went and got one. That washing machine is 8 years old today with no issues and my dad still washes his clothes himself with the washing machine till today.

If your mother in law can wash the clothes herself, then she should. If MIL is ill or old or asks for your help and assistance then you should help. But forcing her or coercing her or using your marriage to blackmail her to wash the clothes is plain wrong, it is a sign of a double minded family. We should learn to respect each other.
dey didnt train u well and I feel pains u are Yoruba. I pray u got a man to marry u with dis ur useless shakara and itk. pocohantas have no hope again but if u join her na u sabi

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by 77up(m): 10:41am On Jan 11, 2019
Alero3Arubi:

There has been a previous post on this matter on family section.
So this is a follow up.
Try look for it and read then understand the FTC.
You know that kind of sisy, kid @38 op can actually make you offend the wrong person, i have marked his Monica already though I have retraced back my comment already , i have even editted some of my harsh comments and the beautiful ftc grin with her forgiven spirit has responded.

Thank you ma'am kiss

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by SURElee(f): 11:51am On Jan 11, 2019
tamethem:

grin

God go help u

Amem o!
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by ShameOnAPC: 12:32pm On Jan 11, 2019
funmisticqueen:
the way i grew up, everyone washes their clothes, even my dad, unless someone iS ill or busy and asks for your assistance. I didnt grow up with washing machine, but this is the rule. For years my mum pestered my dad about getting a washing machine. When she saw he had a lot of financial responsibilities, she went and got one. That washing machine is 8 years old today with no issues and *my dad still washes his clothes himself* with the washing machine till today.

grin this shows the type of broken home you come from, its a pity your Dad still washes his clothes himself, am sure your mom is the breadwinner grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 11, 2019
funmisticqueen:

exactly..my parents use washing machine till date. They wash themselves and even when you go visiting and you do mistake to remove just one cloth, they will pack everything and wash. Lol. They call it exercise, even me I am not understanding it.if she isn't too strong, sure, help her...it's the human thing to do or get someone to do it....but to be forcing.

This op ehn na wa
When you marry, na goat them tell u say you buy abi na wife you marry?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 11, 2019
ShameOnAPC:
grin this shows the type of broken home you come from, its a pity your Dad still washes his clothes himself, am sure your mom is the breadwinner grin
Nope. My dad foots all the bills and trained us all to tetiary level, my mum takes care of miscallenous bills. My dad is just like that, he wont alloow you to wash or iron his clothes. He cooks 3 course breakfast every christmas easter and birthday. Daddy is bae. kiss To top it all. My dad is a highly educated man at the pinnacle of his career who believes wives are meant to be treated like companions, not slaves and taught us to go for men with such qualities.

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 11, 2019
jakandeola:
dey didnt train u well and I feel pains u are Yoruba. I pray u got a man to marry u with dis ur useless shakara and itk. pocohantas have no hope again but if u join her na u sabi
Oga. Find your squareroot and mind your business.
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by 9JAFULLBREED(m): 3:21pm On Jan 11, 2019
Khallyella:
This man again, the mature comment you crave for is right after your post, but I'll ask you, is it a bad thing to wash for your wife's dad? angry

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by XDaBOSS(m): 9:33pm On Jan 11, 2019
funmisticqueen:
he will still cheat so what is the point

Only if the love he has for you is not genuine....that's when he may cheat.
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Raalsalghul: 10:18pm On Jan 11, 2019
ShameOnAPC:
grin you'll die of high bp on top my matter ,I don't even know you exist until you mention me, when you marry, be dragging gender equity with your husband .okponu,evening newspaper in the making
grin grin grin grin
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by lexy2014: 6:35am On Jan 12, 2019
hatedisplace:
there is difference between washing the clothes she used and u and ur mother turning ur wife to laundry woman. If i may ask who was washing her clothes b4 the marriage? Is ur mother leaving with u? Does her have the time to do the washing? Is ur wife in good terms with ur mother and so
on. Don't be too fast to comdeme people. Some inlaws see themselves as god they always forgot that they have children. My inlaws are an example, always in a hurry to wash ur dirty clothes in puplic.

He didnt condemn. He only shared his experience
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by beeijeoma: 1:00am On Jan 13, 2019
I am a woman and I have been married for 10years. I personally see nothing wrong in washing my mother-in- law's clothes. If his parents have unwashed clothes I will pack them and wash. I cannot imagine being in a house with them and I see them washing clothes and not help out. I love my husband and so his parents are my parents. I spent a week with my in-laws after my husband and I got married and while I was there my father- in -law asked me to help him with some of his laundry which I did willingly. The idea of being used as a slave didn't even cross my mind. I was not trying to impress them or gain anything material because my parents are quite comfortable financially. I was just raised to value relationships and it has paid off so far.

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by jakandeola(m): 11:38am On Jan 13, 2019
beeijeoma:
I am a woman and I have been married for 10years. I personally see nothing wrong in washing my mother-in- law's clothes. If his parents have unwashed clothes I will pack them and wash. I cannot imagine being in a house with them and I see them washing clothes and not help out. I love my husband and so his parents are my parents. I spent a week with my in-laws after my husband and I got married and while I was there my father- in -law asked me to help him with some of his laundry which I did willingly. The idea of being used as a slave didn't even cross my mind. I was not trying to impress them or gain anything material because my parents are quite comfortable financially. I was just raised to value relationships and it has paid off so far.
sisisioge cococandy funmisticqueen yettymuse pocohantas and other useless feminist see a real woman wit 10ywars marriage. see sence you can learn here.
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by jakandeola(m): 11:39am On Jan 13, 2019
beeijeoma:
God bless u dear when ur husband married you he found a tresure of gold.
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by sisisioge: 1:54pm On Jan 13, 2019
jakandeola:
sisisioge cococandy funmisticqueen yettymuse pocohantas and other useless feminist see a real woman wit 10ywars marriage. see sence you can learn here.

Oloshii alainironu agbalagba akan...stop mentioning me up and down. I am not responsible for your situation! Forkkiiing retardina! Wussssss!

Whew! That's sounds like a perfect description of you! grin
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jan 13, 2019
jakandeola:
This boy! tongue
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by sisisioge: 2:16pm On Jan 13, 2019
yettymuse:
This boy! tongue

Biko you are encouraging the shittthead too much! I don't want him mentioning me! The irritant irritates the heck outta me! Dang! Warn him biko.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

6 Ways To Be A Better Listener / I Am Tired Of My Mom / What Does 'submission' Of Women In Marriages Mean Exactly?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.