Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:35 PM

Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? (20425 Views)

This Is How To Dress For Your Husband, Even When You're Nursing A Baby / Dr Siju Iluyomade Biography: Age, State Of Origin, Brother, Husband, Mother, Net / My Husband Slapped Me For Asking Him To Wash Plates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by nkwuocha: 5:58pm On Jan 10, 2019
Daeylar:

I don't mind the lady washing clothes if that is what she wants, but it isn't right to insist that she does it.
Too stressful a job to insist on someone doing so.

They didn't warm it neither did they put it the fridge?
Just a sign of a person who will waste food and money.

Now,that's my mom's yardstick.Every other is secondary.
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Nobody: 6:01pm On Jan 10, 2019
jakandeola:
a maid DAT is a witch or steal or try to kill her. dear I dont like DAT. I feel is wrong to do DAT. a woman DAT have childrens matured in age dont need a maid
Then why don't you wash the clothes yourself, huh?
If the only reason you're getting married is to have someone who'll wash your mother's clothes, I suggest you don't marry at all. Doesn't your mom have a daughter?
It's all up to your wife sha. If she says no you gotta deal with it or divorce her. Your business.

7 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by InSanety: 6:02pm On Jan 10, 2019
jakandeola:
pls get out insane animal u lack sence.
the only animal here is you, a mentally unwell one at that, that is why you resort to creating mundane, mediocre threads on NL.

I bet you don't even have a woman to begin with, you wey fit create thread come tag hundred NL females to come and look at it. You obviously live a sad, lonely life and create imaginary women, because no real woman would like you enough to even engage you.

Keep creating threads like some psychopath. Loser

8 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by goodnewscliff(m): 6:03pm On Jan 10, 2019
IF SHE CANT!!!! FINE!!!

EVERYBODY GO HELP THEMSELVES BE DAT OHH

I AM NOT IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR BAES FAMILY...

i am not married to baes family....am married to bae....

we go dy runnam like dat!!!! grin grin grin angry angry

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by jakandeola(m): 6:04pm On Jan 10, 2019
chiefqueen:

Then why don't you wash the clothes yourself, huh?
If the only reason you're getting married is to have someone who'll wash your mother's clothes, I suggest you don't marry at all. Doesn't your mom have a daughter?
It's all up to your wife sha. If she says no you gotta deal with it or divorce her. Your business.
my dear I Neva marry for DAT reason but do u think u will enjoy any marriage when ur mum in law is against u?
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Jan 10, 2019
jakandeola:
my dear I Neva marry for DAT reason but do u think u will enjoy any marriage when ur mum in law is against u?
If my mother in-law is against me for not washing her clothes I'll try my best to avoid her. I married her son, not her. If my husband truly loves me he'd explain to her why I refused to do her laundry, and if she's a good person she'd understand. I did not come to this life to die because I'm a woman. I didn't choose my gender.
If you say you don't like housemaids, you can always get a houseboy. Case closed.

8 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by hatedisplace: 6:12pm On Jan 10, 2019
ShameOnAPC:
Foolish Question, this is my story

I experienced one silly act from my fiance (26) when we both went to celebrate new year with my family, they welcomed her , treat her nice, in fact my mom always want her by her side , we are to leave on the 3rd, I told her to wash my bedsheet and the wrapper that my mom gave her to tie, she declined ,saying we need to take them to laundry as she can't wash them(not a slave mindset) a Lady that her parent doesn't have a washing machine ,after nagging with me for long, I told her she should go back to her base alone as I won't drive her along with me neither will I give her tfare, I will never marry a bossy lady, not knowing my mom was watching her, she said to me secretly, don't fight with her, let her be, you haven't gotten a fiance, let her return to her base in peace and leave her to be dating herself. she later washed the wrapper and bedsheet.
When we were returning back to our base, guess what, my mom called her to her bedroom, talk nicely to her and cracked joke with her, bought 2 different ankara for her , gave her cash & some of her used jewelries .
She as been calling my mom on phone every now and then to thank her thinking she has gotten a mother in-law to be, but didn't know my mom as rejected her and I will soon dump her.

To the OP ,know the type of lady you'll marry, Courtship is very important, Linda ikeji that was shouting men are scum have been used and dumped .

Never marry a feminist
there is difference between washing the clothes she used and u and ur mother turning ur wife to laundry woman. If i may ask who was washing her clothes b4 the marriage? Is ur mother leaving with u? Does her have the time to do the washing? Is ur wife in good terms with ur mother and so
on. Don't be too fast to comdeme people. Some inlaws see themselves as god they always forgot that they have children. My inlaws are an example, always in a hurry to wash ur dirty clothes in puplic.

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by jakandeola(m): 6:13pm On Jan 10, 2019
chiefqueen:

If my mother in-law is against me for not washing her clothes I'll try my best to avoid her. I married her son, not her. If my husband truly loves me he'd explain to her why I refused to do her laundry, and if she's a good person she'd understand. I did not come to this life to die because I'm a woman. I didn't choose my gender.
If you say you don't like housemaids, you can always get a houseboy. Case closed.
did u want ur mum in law to see u as her daughter then act as her daughter. if u came back and saw ur mum with all her clothes dirty what will u do? we are in Africa don't let dose feminist animals decived u. wen u marry me u also marry my family

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by jakandeola(m): 6:14pm On Jan 10, 2019
ShameOnAPC:

I experienced one silly act from my fiance (26) when we both went to celebrate new year with my family, they welcomed her , treat her nice, in fact my mom always want her by her side , we are to leave on the 3rd, I told her to wash my bedsheet and the wrapper that my mom gave her to tie, she declined ,saying we need to take them to laundry as she can't wash them(not a slave mindset) a Lady that her parent doesn't have a washing machine ,after nagging with me for long, I told her she should go back to her base alone as I won't drive her along with me neither will I give her tfare, I will never marry a bossy lady, not knowing my mom was watching her, she said to me secretly, don't fight with her, let her be, you haven't gotten a fiance, let her return to her base in peace and leave her to be dating herself. she later washed the wrapper and bedsheet.
When we were returning back to our base, guess what, my mom called her to her bedroom, talk nicely to her and cracked joke with her, bought 2 different ankara for her , gave her cash & some of her used jewelries .
She as been calling my mom on phone every now and then to thank her thinking she has gotten a mother in-law to be, but didn't know my mom as rejected her and I will soon dump her.

To the OP ,know the type of lady you'll marry, Courtship is very important, Linda ikeji that was shouting men are scum have been used and dumped .

Never marry a feminist
nice one boss

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Daeylar(f): 6:16pm On Jan 10, 2019
nkwuocha:

Well, people have their own yardstick.How to know an industrious wife is what she does first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

Some woul be wives will leave soup unwarmed before they go to sleep.Now that's a bad flag.To someone like my mom,na!you're not coming in to her family.
She expects you go round the kitchen,warm what should be warmed and refrigerate what should be. grin grin.

People like me who expect who ever cooks a meal to preserve it nkor?.
We don fail test be that.
because For me this depends on who cooked.

If I'm the one who cooked then I should be able to preserve my food.
If I'm not the one who cooked then whoever that cooked should preserve his or her food. As for me I'm going straight to bed. grin

4 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Anonymous29: 6:18pm On Jan 10, 2019
I have helped my in-laws wash clothes... Yes with washing machine and hand. I see them as my parents.
Have always thought if my brother(s) gets married, I would be happy seeing their wives helping my parents. So I always think if I want that for my parents, I should do same.
Before I always thought couldn't. I understand better now.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by hatedisplace: 6:18pm On Jan 10, 2019
jakandeola:
Pls I need answer from matured ladies only
Do it if you have time and if she is the type that appreciates. But don't start what u can't finish. I can't sit in the same room with my mother inlaw because she is a 'psyco'. She acts like she is god because she has a son.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by jakandeola(m): 6:20pm On Jan 10, 2019
InSanety:
the only animal here is you, a mentally unwell one at that, that is why you resort to creating mundane, mediocre threads on NL.

I bet you don't even have a woman to begin with, you wey fit create thread come tag hundred NL females to come and look at it, you obviously live a sad lonely life and create imaginary women, because no real woman would like you enough to even engage you.

Keep creating threads like some psychopath. Loser
how many pole read ur blogs who know you here. my main pple know I mention both guys and girls so dey learn from it and improve my blogs. ur genaration is sad and lonely and DAT why ur pains make u insane. d woman I date in ur life time u can only shake thier hand in ur dream on ur pako bed and dirty house u lived in. I will ignore u

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by sacramento1212: 6:21pm On Jan 10, 2019
ShameOnAPC:

Never marry a feminist

@ the emboldened, medicine after death. I thank you for acting as a man that you are. They fail to understand little things matters but you will see them even on Nairaland claiming feminist, boss Lady and with autocratic lifestyle. No form of submission at all.

Not all that glitters is gold. Your mum sef na correct woman grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by 0ubenji(m): 6:24pm On Jan 10, 2019
InSanety:
We wouldn't have to entertain these idiotic questions if y'all would just buy freaking washing machines! This is 2019 for Christ's sakes, washing machines go for as low as 25k.

Buy one and all these foolish questions will not matter to you
who will take d clothes to the machine and oversee the operation and drying cool

Definitely not d mother that was hoping someone washed the clothes for her
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
jakandeola:
did u want ur mum in law to see u as her daughter then act as her daughter. if u came back and saw ur mum with all her clothes dirty what will u do? we are in Africa don't let dose feminist animals decived u. wen u marry me u also marry my family
First of all, I'm not an animal.
Secondly, you and your Africa need some enlightening on equality.
Even my own mother will understand if I can't do her laundry and I explain to her. If she wants to be my mother, let her act like my mother. You'd be 'lucky' if you find a woman who'd lick your ass for you in this century. Don't let your african mentality deceive you.

11 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jan 10, 2019
jakandeola:
cococandy yettymuse bukatyne ishilove efemenaxy sisisioge this on front page
No its not a bad thing.. Can I go now undecided

3 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by holysaint1(m): 6:26pm On Jan 10, 2019
Mac12:
I happily wash for my mother in law even without her asking. I don't see it as a big deal

u're beautiful all round.

if only you were not married... I would have..........

well.....

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by hatedisplace: 6:27pm On Jan 10, 2019
chiefqueen:

My sister help me tell them. Who dey wash her clothes b4 the marriage? Some in-law act like god

2 Likes

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by nkwuocha: 6:29pm On Jan 10, 2019
Daeylar:

People like me who expect who ever cooks a meal to preserve it nkor?.
We don fail test be that.
because For me this depends on who cooked.

If I'm the one who cooked then I should be able to preserve my food.
If I'm not the one who cooked then whoever that cooked should preserve his or her food. As for me I'm going straight to bed. grin

Well she will tell you to do it.And ones she asked you twice,as a smart person,the kitchen is no longer new to you.She believes the kitchen soon will no longer be her issues and you're there to take over.At this point as a new wife,the wife now will decide what to cook for the family and money will be provided.
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by ibkayee(f): 6:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
I don’t think it’s a bad thing, as long as she isn’t obnoxiously expectant. If I saw her doing any kind of domestic work I’d try to take over or at least help out.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by jakandeola(m): 6:32pm On Jan 10, 2019
yettymuse:
No its not a bad thing.. Can I go now undecided
lols dear u are married let here u xpirince. we agree to disagree I think ur opinion.
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by GIFTD: 6:33pm On Jan 10, 2019
All these feminist wet full nairaland una no get joy at all. What would u not do for love?
UyaiIncomparabl:
It's not right. Is she your maid? Is your mum so old and frail or doesn't have a daughter(s) to do them for her? If your mum needs help with the laundry(ies), please get her a washing machine.

That isn't a way to define a wife material, which in actuality, your fiancée is trying too hard to please and prove to you. Some girls and desperation are inseparable. I read your former thread, you were so incoherent, unwilling to adhere to people's advice and here you are again, fidgeting and pleading for us to give you another? For what? For you to perhaps chose a comment which best suits your interest and myopic/faulty thinking.

Simple, get your mother a maid or a washing machine, and of course I expect you also teach her how to use it. Don't stress someone else's daughter, and please, get a frigging life!

You're too egotistical. And errr, she's not your wife yet. Still a fiancée. She owes you or your immediate family no homely rights. You leave the important things undone and tend to the minute ones which are utmost inconsequential. Even if she eventually becomes your wife, she still owes no RIGHT. Grab that!
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Funky123(f): 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2019
InSanety:
not every woman grew up with a mother....and even those who did, some people grew up with washing machines, so, the concept of washing anyone's clothes is alien to them.

But in this Nigeria, they want to tell you that if you have not sweat and cried, you have done nothing.

We should all learn to respect people and their background in this nation rather than bully people into adopting a one-way thought process. This is 2019, washing machine is common place, so, no need to make it sound like it's a terrible concept. My grandfather had a washing machine before his death and he was 80.

What you do is just your own way of being brought up, and some others have a different way of being brought up. We should all learn to respect each other's backgrounds.

Namaste smiley
Uncle no one is bullying anyone here,You see that i can wash my MIL clothes doesn't mean someone else should,And for washing machine if it's available fine and if not it's also fine,My comment is not meant to ridicule any lady,Am running my race alone. Peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by nkwuocha: 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
hatedisplace:
Do it if you have time and if she is the type that appreciates. But don't start what u can't finish. I can't sit in the same room with my mother inlaw because she is a 'psyco'. She acts like she is god because she has a son.

You called your mil a psycho?!?
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by jakandeola(m): 6:36pm On Jan 10, 2019
nairaland still have girls wit sence and home training. it show not all that make noise in family and romance rooms. God help our girls of today and thier marriage am impress DAT thier still girls who are matured and knew what marriage is all anout
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by jakandeola(m): 6:40pm On Jan 10, 2019
nkwuocha:

You called your mil a psycho?!?
is that a wife? God help us not to marry DAT kind of person if u can call her dat if u are not around she can beat ur mum

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by diadem10: 6:41pm On Jan 10, 2019
jakandeola:
Buy her a washing machine. Better still, bring in the pile clothes and let your wife launder them in your washing machine and later return them. It's that simple.
Why are you bent on wearing out your woman?

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by nkwuocha: 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2019
jakandeola:

Well,any lady that's very comfortable with the family she is about to enter will definitely do everything to be accepted.If a lady is dragging her legs at first,or not trying to do things around the house,there maybe other options she is also contemplating.She may find herself reluctant to wash your mother's clothes but my do same for another person.Are you sure your woman truly care about you?just asking....

1 Like

Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by Mac12(f): 6:42pm On Jan 10, 2019
holysaint1:

u're beautiful all round.

if only you were not married... I would have..........

well.....

grin grin grin indeed God "nose" best
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by frozen70(f): 6:48pm On Jan 10, 2019
There is no big deal about it

It depends on your relationship with her
Re: Ladies, Is It A Bad Thing To Wash For Your Husband's Mother? by nkwuocha: 6:48pm On Jan 10, 2019
jakandeola:
is that a wife? God help us not to marry DAT kind of person if u can call her dat if u are not around she can beat ur mum

Adeola but you beat your woman na.How do you expect her to wash your mom's clothes when you reveal you often beat her up.Any issues that may arise in future will certainly be biased.

I don't think she respects you,since it seems you try to coerce it out of her.When a woman feels she doesn't care about your family members,it's better to stay off.
From my experience,anywhere I feel uncomfortable in,I rarely function well.Its a sign that place isn't for me.Let her go, you'd be doing yourselves a huge favour,trust me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Nigerian Couple Welcome Twins After Over 12 Years Of Waiting / Do You Fear For Your Kids Future In Nigeria? / I Am Tired Of My Mom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.