Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,896 members, 7,817,643 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:13 PM

Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off (46990 Views)

Man Who Was Cut In Half By Forklift Reveals How He Survived / Kenyan Boy's Hands Re-attached By Doctors After It Was Cut Off. Graphic Photos / My Wife & Others Have Abandoned Me – Man With Swollen Stomach (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off by DavSagacity(m): 7:28pm On Dec 13, 2018
He should sign into WWE Monday night raw and Challenge Brock Lesnar
Re: Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off by Enmas078(m): 7:29pm On Dec 13, 2018
This is natural transgender process ooo.. Lmao

1 Like

Re: Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off by mechanics(m): 8:22pm On Dec 13, 2018
Wow, so does it mean he will remain like that for life?
Re: Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off by WiseStarr(m): 8:48pm On Dec 13, 2018
Whatever the case may be,He needs treatment ASAP,someone should come to his aid and save him,If he is a Nigerian,He will get better treatment
Re: Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off by bayelsaowei(m): 8:50pm On Dec 13, 2018
xcelentattitude:
When you think you have seen it all.

But, I didn't know all these before o, I thought diving is kind of nice and easy. I may never learn to swim again because of this let alone diving.
deep diving is actually dangerous and can only be controlled through slow ascension to the surface and also a decompression chamber for pressure equalization...nitrogen messed up the guy pretty bad ...

1 Like

Re: Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off by chuckjonesbaba(m): 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2018
RoyalBlak007:
A deep sea diver was left with arms and a chest like Popeye after a fishing accident off the coast of Pisco, in southern Peru.

Alejandro 'Willy' Ramos, 57, was deep sea diving for shellfish four years ago with a colleague and his son when a huge cargo ship cut across his vital air hose.
This was Willy's only source of compressed air and though he was able to swim to the surface, the change in pressure caused irreparable damage to his chest and arms and added 30 kilos to his frame.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6491413/Diver-left-swollen-body-like-Popeye-air-supply-cut-Peru.html?ito=social-twitter_mailonline

cheesy grin grin cheesy
Re: Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off by chuckjonesbaba(m): 10:32pm On Dec 13, 2018
Enmas078:
This is natural transgender process ooo.. Lmao

Lol!
Re: Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off by 12inchDickson: 5:13am On Dec 14, 2018
LuciferRedeemer:
If you've ever worked offshore or on the sea, you'll get to know this.

Divers have one of the riskiest jobs on earth.

They must ascend very slowly to the surface to avoid this and even after getting to the surface, they are kept in a decompression tank/chamber for up to two days to get rid of all the nitrogen in their system. Some even pass out on getting to the surface because the deep sea pressure can crush a human being.

They earn much though.
you know very much about this.... Good morning
Re: Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off by kingreign(m): 7:13am On Dec 14, 2018
The nitrogen in his system emulsyfied the fatty tissues in his body. Rapid accension to the sea surface from in deep sea diving actually causes the already very compressed gases in the body to quickly expand and some will reach boiling point. This causes a phenomenon called "the bends". He's very lucky to be alive but he still needs very serious health care.
Re: Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off by MightyFortress: 2:17pm On Dec 15, 2018
na WA o
Re: Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off by Cannonleo(m): 7:00pm On Dec 15, 2018
LuciferRedeemer:
If you've ever worked offshore or on the sea, you'll get to know this.

Divers have one of the riskiest jobs on earth.

They must ascend very slowly to the surface to avoid this and even after getting to the surface, they are kept in a decompression tank/chamber for up to two days to get rid of all the nitrogen in their system. Some even pass out on getting to the surface because the deep sea pressure can crush a human being.

They earn much though.
exactly deep sea diving is a big risk, pressure at that depth only needs a small tear ot space to flood a sub or submersile , it would have been less risky if he wore a dry suit and buoyancy compressor before going down
Re: Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off by eletu11(f): 8:19pm On Dec 16, 2018
Royalblak007,pls sir dnt forgot me abt the wig..I will really appreciate it if i am consider becos I quoted you first nd i will like to wear it for my son naming wen I birth..I will be glad if i won it,am in lagos presently and will be going back to my base Enugu after delivery....God bless you..Amen.
Re: Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off by Ayobami7(m): 11:34am On Dec 18, 2018
Na wa o
Re: Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off by Nobody: 6:47am On May 31, 2019
If you really wanted to do that, then why wouldn't you do that? Instead you do this. It makes no sense. grin
Re: Peru Diver Left With Swollen Body 'like Popeye' After His Air Supply Was Cut Off by Nobody: 12:53am On Jun 02, 2019
Sexy smiley I adore the use of hero and type! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My 15 Minutes Agony With A Lady With Smelly Hair In A Queue / Some Dangerous Mistakes We Make While In The Toilet / New Organ Discovered Inside Human Body By Scientists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.