Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,627 members, 7,816,577 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:25 PM

My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! (4791 Views)

My Wife Is Seeking For Divorce And She Is Crying / Woman Gives Birth To A Baby 5 Months After Giving Birth To Twins In Lagos (Photo / My Wife's Sister Is About To Crash My Marriage, Please Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 16, 2018
Stay with her and comfort her! I no of a woman that gives birth to 6gals before having a boy.. Tell her that it is God that makes and gives children not our presumed efforts!
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by NoToPile: 4:51pm On Dec 16, 2018
It seems nobody wants to ask the main question.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Oyindidi(f): 5:40pm On Dec 16, 2018
bamidelee:

why don't you think.before typing thrash, she could have other ish not known to her family.
What ish? I've seen mothers refusing to breastfeed their children cos its not the sex they wanted. Next time say your opinion don't quote me

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Hisduchess(f): 6:23pm On Dec 16, 2018
my ex told me straight that we gonna have two kids their gender wouldn't matter
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by DrFlora: 7:35pm On Dec 16, 2018
DUNKA:
Probably the pressure from the husbands family for a male child. She needs counseling as she is psychological scarred. She should be happy as some women cannot even give birth and would give the world just to even have 1 girl.

Well, I will say that there's no "actual" pressure from the husband's family.

The major pressure here is the one my sister put on herself simply because the wife of her husband's brother is giving birth to boys.

So, it appears there's an unwritten rivalry or will as say "dare"

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by DrFlora: 7:37pm On Dec 16, 2018
Alexk2:

Please let her seek medical help immediately. She's probably depressed and the "gender issue" of the baby is just and alibi to make you all think otherwise until it's too late.
FOR the sake of the baby and her very self, let her see a qualified doctor immediately pls.

Thank you. We will consider getting a psychologist for her.
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by DrFlora: 7:43pm On Dec 16, 2018
chiommy123:
I also believe its pressure from her inlaws maybe but she should know that many women pray each passing day just for God to even bless them with one and she has three. But it's very easy to advice someone until you feel their pains. You guys should look for a way and caution your in laws if you don't want your sister to die of B.P

Firstly, there's one of my sisters that has been married for 19 years going to 20 without any child.

My sister that is directly younger to this one has just one female child that is 4 years now and they are planning on doing IVF soon.

So you see, she has enough life experience to learn from and be grateful.

But then again, I understand it's not easy for her. But one of the parts of being an adult is accepting things that we cannot change

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by DrFlora: 7:45pm On Dec 16, 2018
Katier00:
She is depressed. I know how she feels. She wants a boy and probably just 3 children. Give her some time

You are not far from the truth. She said that she doesn't want to give birth again and that explains the reason that she desperately needs a boy.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by DrFlora: 7:48pm On Dec 16, 2018
carammel:
Stop calling her over the phone, pay her a visit and talk to her, make her see reasons why she should be grateful. She may have other things bothering her that is beyond having girls only.
My cousin has three delivery through CS already and she always lose the babies after delivery, she's even afraid of trying again, she'd give anything just to have one girl.

I wish it is possible to visit her. But we're living miles away from each other. We will ask our sister living close to the state that she is, to visit her.

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by DrFlora: 7:51pm On Dec 16, 2018
sean079:
Why can’t you explain to her in detail the mystery behind baby gender. It aint her doing but the husband chance. Having sex during ovulation increase chance of baby boy while before result in baby girl.
She n her husband should just be patient to have sex a day before ovulation or day of ovulation n increase their chance of having baby boy.

The man is responsible for baby gender n not wife. Whatever u sow, u shall harvest or reap

One of my sisters is a nurse. She followed them through when they were about to conceive and put them through on when to have sex to have a male child.

Unfortunately, it didn't work.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by DrFlora: 7:57pm On Dec 16, 2018
ifyalways:
So your sister put to bed and y'all could not afford to pay her a visit?

No one from your family visited to see her or the baby? No relative or nothing. All y'all do is to disturb a nursing mother with calls when she needs all the rest and help she can get angry

Besides the obvious PPD, the fake love from y'all is enough to break down any woman. You lots are wicked.

Shioooor.

One thing that I have noticed about some nairaland commenters is that they can stay in their home and tell what is happening in another man's home.

If you read through my post, you will see where I stated that she just delivered few days ago.

Do you think we are not working? Do you know the distance between where we are and where she is? So, if you were in our shoes, you will just jump and start rushing to visit a woman that just delivered without any preparation?

Think before you judge!

9 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by DrFlora: 8:02pm On Dec 16, 2018
nnamdibig:
Is she not aware that she and her husband can decide the gender of their baby(at least to a great extent)?
There is no sense in trying to kill a baby after carrying her for 9 months. Instead of being depressed or trying to harm herself and the innocent child, when next she wants to get pregnant, she and hubby should plan it well at least do their own part to ensure they have up to 80% chances of having a boy. Let her educate herself more.

She tried this method but it failed. Thus the reason it seems to her all hope is lost as she has tried everything within her knowledge as human.

Unfortunately, it cost minimum of 3 million to do IVF that can allow you select the gender of the child.
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by sean079: 10:04pm On Dec 16, 2018
DrFlora:

One of my sisters is a nurse. She followed them through when they were about to conceive and put them through on when to have sex to have a male child.

Unfortunately, it didn't work.

That is why i said its a chance/probabilty which in entirely rely on the husband properties like his sperm Health, mobility, etc. Even the room temperature play its own role but she aint need to give up if sure she already got dat knowledge. Trying n trying again with accurate precision will win the war for her
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by thorpido(m): 10:04pm On Dec 16, 2018
You didn't say anything about the husband.Is he putting her under pressure even if it is subtle?
At this day and age,education should have changed the perception of people about the gender of the babies they have.

Unfortunately,your sister is depressed and needs expert counseling to come out of it.Family members should make out time to see and be around her.
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Nobody: 10:23pm On Dec 16, 2018
Mtcheewwwwwwwww! In quarter to 2019, a woman is still beating herself because of the gender of a child!.. Radarada!
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Uyi168: 10:42pm On Dec 16, 2018
ifyalways:
So your sister put to bed and y'all could not afford to pay her a visit?

No one from your family visited to see her or the baby? No relative or nothing. All y'all do is to disturb a nursing mother with calls when she needs all the rest and help she can get angry

Besides the obvious PPD, the fake love from y'all is enough to break down any woman. You lots are wicked.

Shioooor.
Don't just jump into conclusions..
Maybe they live very far apart..

4 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Katier00(f): 10:48pm On Dec 16, 2018
DrFlora:

You are not far from the truth. She said that she doesn't want to give birth again and that explains the reason that she desperately needs a boy.
give her time, she will come around
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by DrFlora: 7:13am On Dec 17, 2018
thorpido:
You didn't say anything about the husband.Is he putting her under pressure even if it is subtle?
At this day and age,education should have changed the perception of people about the gender of the babies they have.

Unfortunately,your sister is depressed and needs expert counseling to come out of it.Family members should make out time to see and be around her.

The husband cares less.

Both my sister and the husband are educated so they know that the man determines the gender of the child.

But you know, men are cunning. They will say that it doesn't matter, but in future, their opinion will change.

3 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by thorpido(m): 8:33am On Dec 17, 2018
DrFlora:

The husband cares less.

Both my sister and the husband are educated so they know that the man determines the gender of the child.

But you know, men are cunning. They will say that it doesn't matter, but in future, their opinion will change.
Keep talking to her on phone till you can be around her.Talk to the hubby too so he canhelp change her mood.
She will overcome the phase.
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Nobody: 10:31am On Dec 17, 2018
Oyindidi:
What ish? I've seen mothers refusing to breastfeed their children cos its not the sex they wanted. Next time say your opinion don't quote me
low IQ on display

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Oyindidi(f): 10:39am On Dec 17, 2018
bamidelee:

low IQ on display
See what the op said up there. Take yourself out of my mention
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Nobody: 10:42am On Dec 17, 2018
Oyindidi:
See what the op said up there. Take yourself out of my mention
oloun je ya
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Oyindidi(f): 10:45am On Dec 17, 2018
bamidelee:

oloun je ya
Back to sender! Type in English
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Nobody: 10:47am On Dec 17, 2018
Oyindidi:
Back to sender! Type in English
you too like food you're temperamental
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Oyindidi(f): 12:04pm On Dec 17, 2018
bamidelee:

you too like food
you're temperamental
grin who no like food. You are right about the temperament cool
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by ifyalways(f): 12:31pm On Dec 17, 2018
Uyi168:
Don't just jump into conclusions..
Maybe they live very far apart..
I will jump into conclusions because family means everything to me. It comes first always.

Pregnancy is a nine months journey. She claimed her sister refused scan or any type of care from her pregnancy days. I dont care if they all live abroad, they have no excuses.

If they all cared, as siblings truly should. They could get their mom, MIL, an aunt, a female cousin even if it means contributing money to pay whoever to go visit and spend at least a week with their sister.

Imagine the depressed lady alone battling with her depression, child care and perharps trying to get some rest and her phone keeps ringing from busy, " caring" siblings.

If she harms herself or baby now, they wil have time to visit and type lenghty fake love epistles online.

Shioooooor

2 Likes

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by ifyalways(f): 12:33pm On Dec 17, 2018
DrFlora:

One thing that I have noticed about some nairaland commenters is that they can stay in their home and tell what is happening in another man's home.

If you read through my post, you will see where I stated that she just delivered few days ago.

Do you think we are not working? Do you know the distance between where we are and where she is? So, if you were in our shoes, you will just jump and start rushing to visit a woman that just delivered without any preparation?

Think before you judge!

GTFOH with your excuses.

Fake love siblings. I detest your likes.

I will never be in your shoes, God forbid. My family comes first. You have no excuse!!!

1 Like

Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Nobody: 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2018
Oyindidi:
grin who no like food. You are right about the temperament cool
you dey alright
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Oyindidi(f): 1:28pm On Dec 17, 2018
bamidelee:

you dey alright
angry
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Nobody: 1:35pm On Dec 17, 2018
Oyindidi:
angry
I no abuse you na
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by victorian(f): 3:16pm On Dec 17, 2018
Her husband is the one putting pressures on her to give birth to a male child.

She might be going through hell at home, then the in-laws may also have a hand in her depressive state.

May we not marry the wrong man and wrong in-laws for God sake!
Amen!

Poor woman marry, no peace of mind henceforth.
God forbid! Some married people are in hell already. Na wa angry
Re: My Sister Is Crying Inconsolably After Giving Birth. Please Help! by Oyindidi(f): 3:20pm On Dec 17, 2018
victorian:
Her husband is the one putting pressures on her to give birth to a male child.

She might be going through hell at home, then the in-laws may also have a hand in her depressive state.

May we not marry the wrong man and wrong in-laws for God sake!
Amen!

Poor woman marry, no peace of mind henceforth.
God forbid! Some married people are in hell already. Na wa angry
How you come to this conclusion weak me.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Co-habitation Before Marriage / See This Lady's View On Wife Beater Picture Inclusive / Please Help Advice Me In This Would-be Marriage Decision

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.