Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,013 members, 7,821,552 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:51 PM

Is Fluency In English Not Really A Measure Of Intelligence? - Education (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Is Fluency In English Not Really A Measure Of Intelligence? (23396 Views)

According To Psychologist, There Are Three Types Of Intelligence. / Is proficency In Mathematics a measure of Intelligence? / English Is A Language Not A Measure Of Intelligence. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Fluency In English Not Really A Measure Of Intelligence? by edoairways: 11:27pm On Jun 13, 2021
TonyeBarcanista:

Were you taught tenses, grammar, comprehension, writing etc in your native language? NO

Was your organisation education done in your native language? NO

Is your native language the language of business in Nigeria? NO

So having terrible command of the English language is a pointer that the person isn't intelligent.

According to brainmatrix.com, intelligence is defined as the ability to solve general cognitive problems. English is a language and a medium of communication. It is used for reasoning, perceiving relationships and analogies, calculating, and quickly learning. Thus, it is unquestionably not just a proxy for intelligence. Additionally, Girish Sharma asserts that the language in which you communicate does not define your intellectual capacity; however, it is a universal human tendency that whoever performs non-routine work is regarded as superior to others.
Re: Is Fluency In English Not Really A Measure Of Intelligence? by Vipro(m): 5:59pm On Sep 02, 2021
ImaIma1:

These countries you mention...is English their lingua Franca? They probably speak their own lingua Franca fluently.

If a person is unable to speak the official language of his/her country fluently, what was that person busy learning?
Hello
Re: Is Fluency In English Not Really A Measure Of Intelligence? by ImaIma1(f): 9:13pm On Sep 02, 2021
Vipro:
Hello

Hello
Re: Is Fluency In English Not Really A Measure Of Intelligence? by hakym619(m): 10:49pm On Sep 02, 2021
StylesX:
I saw what a corper posted on fb today and i posted it on my status, so some aggressive girl picked offense and started saying many things, English is not a measure of intelligence is all i could pick from all she said, and i decided to bring the argument here, contributions please.

elementary biology or science in general has only been structured to introduce the unlearned mind to the basics in a way that they find it interesting without loosing interest.
Realistically, some of what we have learned in elementary science do not always conform with what is present in nature. Not that they are wrong but truth is always complex. Note that.
Back to your question. The simple answer us that beans is a carbohydrate food. Combined with fibers there are about 60℅ - 75% of carbohydrates in beans and just about 25% of proteins.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

OAU Graduates 78 First Class Students / All Hotels In Owerri Fully Booked! FGGC Owerri Old Students Stranded / Tension In Ibadan Poly As Student Dies At Medical Centre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.