Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. (3628 Views)

Learning About Holy Spirit / Temptations Vs Our Sight / What About 'holy Mary?' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by Enigma(m): 8:07am On Aug 13, 2010
Oh btw on when the Holy Spirit 'came into existence'', Hebrews 9 says He is eternal!
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by DeepSight(m): 5:29pm On Aug 14, 2010
nuclearboy:

Personally anyway, I still maintain that my true belief is "Hear O Israel, the Lord your God is One God". His manifestations however, may be myriad.

Excellent. Myriad manifestations. Why limit God to three manifestations. Three is a finite number. God is infinite. Infinite manifestations.

Thus unified (ONE) and yet INFINITE.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 8:13pm On Aug 14, 2010
@DS:

Please I said -

MAY!

MAY!

[size=15pt]MAY! [/size]

[size=18pt]MAY! [/size]

[size=24pt]MAY BE MYRIAD![/size]

NOT are myriad - I do not limit God. And that doesn't mean He is "infinity". Remember that before the words ineluctable, deductible, moot, indefensible etc come up in your posts in describing what I said!
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by vescucci(m): 12:20am On Aug 15, 2010
With you two, who needs the Charlie Chaplins of this world? grin
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 10:25am On Aug 15, 2010
@vescucci:

You're not been fair. grin On His side, you need to add "mathematical infinity" and "win by fire, by force"

On my side, you need to add "Pastor_AIO", "Viaro", Chrisbenogor", "Inesqor", "Davidylan", Noetic" and all the others whose worst nightmare is their words becoming "uncontestable, ineluctable, moot" PROOF that they are saying the opposite of what they said.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by vescucci(m): 12:44pm On Aug 15, 2010
Lol, Nuke, you're a Charlie Chaplin all by yourself.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by DeepSight(m): 12:45pm On Aug 16, 2010
nuclearboy:

@DS:

Please I said -

MAY!

MAY!

[size=15pt]MAY! [/size]

[size=18pt]MAY! [/size]

[size=24pt]MAY BE MYRIAD![/size]

"May" is good. Very good. You thus state that it is possible that God is infinite?

Is this your statement? Although your words are clear, i must confess i now live in mortal fear of being accused of having misrepresented you.

So if God "may" be infinite -

1. Is there any particulat reason you would limit his manifestations to three?

2. Why do you say "may"? Is there a possibility that he is not infinite, but finite?

And that doesn't mean He is "infinity"

God is not to be defined merely as "infinite" - however God is surely eternal and infinite as part of his attributes.

Again - is there a possibility that God is finite?
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2010
@DeepSight:

Let me put it like this - God is God! infinite, eternal, judicious etc are words we use to quantify our understanding of Him.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by DeepSight(m): 4:31pm On Aug 16, 2010
Agreed that God is God.

Also agreed that "infinite" is a word we use in describing God's attributes.

If God is agreed to be infinite then -

1. We cannot claim that he "may" be infinite. We are certain that God cannot be limited and as such is indeed infinite and eternal.

2. Since this is the case there then can be no reason to limit God's manifestations to a finite figure such as three.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 5:02pm On Aug 16, 2010
Oga:

Please have mercy. This is straight forward - My understanding of God is three manifestations - a Father (Creator Judge), a Son (Creator Bridge) and a Holy Spirit (Creator "friend" - my support system).

You on the other hand, have the following "gods": <<<------- "-4", "-3", "-2", "-1","0","1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6" ------->>

Fine by me. Please note I have not come after your "gods" or your understanding of them. My God says "I AM THAT I AM". whether that means He's female, looks like a wrist-watch or has two noses - HE IS THAT HE IS. Thats what I believe.

Stick to your convictions of YOUR god. Btw, apologies - I forgot the other number systems in yours - "1/8", "1/4" etc. My bad!
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by Rhino3dm: 5:04pm On Aug 16, 2010
@ Deepsight. i envy people like you that refused to be afraid of challenge of any kind, faith,reality or whatever.  Thus, i must confess this is one of my best moment in this life and may be the next. I like seeing things in multiple dimensional perspectives, hence the name Rhino.3-Dimension.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by DeepSight(m): 5:08pm On Aug 16, 2010
nuclearboy:

"1/8", "1/4" etc. My bad!

Lo! You really are a riot, Nuke!
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by PrinceEmek: 10:17pm On Aug 16, 2010
NuclearBoy;

Please, I’d counsel that you read the totality of my writing, before responding, should you choose to.  This way we may save us having to go back and forth on the same issue, argument, or evidence.  And if you are gonna throw scriptures at me, please find in you to address mine first, and then you can demolish me with yours.

nuclearboy:

PrinceEmek:

However I cannot for the life for me find any allusion (by self) to having DeepSight by the gonads. Please show me.
My reference to your victory parade was not designed from or for the literal angle.  Idiomatically expressed, my banter was fashioned to mildly needle your implied superlative scriptural understanding, which your anemic modesty lets seep through.  This takes into account the totality of your utterances from the first thread on the topic.  It was not intended to offend or indict any direct statement of yours.

However, since you insist on “show me,” I’ll oblige you.

nuclearboy:
“DeepSight, pray tell when you last called your thoughts or will or intents "He"? BTW, Hebrew dictionaries worsen your case.

nuclearboy:
So now we've see the HS as a "HE", whats your next port of call? Repetition perharps?”

nuclearboy:
“Your above is true but it might be better at times to erode their confidence by showing truth. Over time, someone in error confronted by truth repeatedly inevitably starts to feel shallow and baseless. Truth has that effect  ”

nuclearboy:
“Did you start University at 400 level OR jump from high school to graduate law school and get your degree thus? When you can answer yes to that, you'll get the point about shallowness in taking a portion rather than the totality.”

nuclearboy:
“Seems you jumped in without looking again, bro!   ”
If these don’t shout, DeepSight, I’ve got you cornered; you have nowhere to run,” I don’t know what does.  There are lots more.  But I trust you get the point.

nuclearboy:
I stated that DeepSight is not a Christian and thus I believe him unqualified to explain something which he has NOT experienced.
Are we to understand that a priest is not qualified to marriage counsel, for lack of experience?  Experience alone cannot qualify one to judge, given that experience can also fuel bias.

In my opinion, the debate is about our understanding and analysis of an already written material, not about participants’ religion or faith.  It, therefore, seems to me that any one who has access to the same information, and has read same, is free to throw his hat in the ring.  The last I checked, there were no restrictions placed on the thread, thus bringing under the microscope your competency in determining who does or doesn’t qualify.

And where does your “lawyering” analogy fit in?  DeepSight’s assertions are based on bible application.  I see no generalization or stereotyping there, as your example seems to insinuate.

nuclearboy:
You too have not passed our exam process here and thus are not qualified.
There you go again.  You still don’t think you slap your chest?  I don’t even wanna touch that one.  It reminds me of the Pharisee’s pompous praying ethics of Luke 18:10-13.  

nuclearboy:
You and DeepSight, on the other hand, seem to believe that since you have not experienced that, it is untrue. Says a lot what you actually think of our mental capabilities, does it not, whist doing the clap for our intellects in the same writeup?
Your deduction is erroneous.  I have never disputed the existence or potency of the HG.  Please, show me, to borrow your lingo.  My position (and to the best of my knowledge, DeepSight’s) is: The HG is not an individual personality, numbering among the population of heaven before creation of everything else.

Furthermore, I’ve not said a thing regarding my thoughts of your mental capabilities.  I wouldn’t waste my time debating with you if I thought that less of your intelligence.  Get a handle on this.  Who says that my accolade of your command of the English Language and not agreeing with you on intellectual or scriptural matters are mutually exclusive?  That I praise you does not preclude me from standing in opposition to your views.

nuclearboy:
Friend, you are in the wrong seeing as you don't have what we have - a personal encounter which will make you see not just the words but the person behind them!
You’ve made a whole lot about your personal encounter, presumably with the HG.  Tell, please do tell, I pray, of these encounters you talk about?  Your contemporaries who make such claims relate of warm fuzzy feeling, trance, and the like, which more often than not, prelude the speaking in tongues.  Your encounter peaks my curiosity, and has to be revealed if it is to be entered as your evidence.  We have to have the opportunity to examine your claim, in the light of bible teaching.  

nuclearboy:
The Bible refers to the Holy Spirit in Aramaic, Greek and English as "HE". All commentaries regard HIM as an individual, superhuman, a distinct personality. BUT you of course, ignore these and insist based on a portion (rather than totality) that He is a force. And then you complain about the word "shallow" which sincerely wasn't intended as an insult.
Firstly, the reason we have this avalanche of confusion is the activities of those who dub themselves experts and churn out commentaries.  There are many of them, fueling the reign of deception as foretold by our Lord.  Secondly, while majority may carry the vote, it is not always right.   After all,   “…wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:  Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it” (Matt 7:13-14).  

You imply that DeepSight made a far-reaching conclusion based on just the one factor.  I’d say you are the one guilty of such.  The only evidence offered to prop up your position is the animation of the HG.  You raised the issue of the HG being referred to in the 3rd person singular pronoun. I gave you examples of inanimate objects enjoying such treatment. 

Now, you bring in the invocation of the HG’s name, in certain human activities.  Is that enough to make him a person in the trinity?  I think not.  Would you believe that it is a normal occurrence that names of inanimate entities are invoked as though they were animate?  “By the power vested in me by the state of so and so,”  “In the name of the law,” “In the name of the crown,” In the name of my country,” “In the name of the throne,” or “In the name of decency” are just a few examples of the application of terms to give life to inanimate objects.

nuclearboy:
Now I ask - who are you? Are you not a Spirit with an essence living in an individual body? A personage? Well then, what have you defined here - an abstraction? OR did you not just infact, provide a brilliant description of the Holy Spirit of God's indwelling in men?
  No, he did not.  While DS is a personage, he is miles from being a spirit.  We contend that the HG is not a personage, but God’s active force, an attribute or characteristic of His that gives him control of creation and the administration of his government over his creations.  On a minor scale, the HG is to the deity as executive power is to the president.  The president can make his influence felt throughout the nation, by virtue of his executive power.  

nuclearboy:
[1] "It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the "force"""
[2] "I baptize  ,  ,   , to carry. He will baptize you with the "force" and with fire."
[3] "The angel answered, "The "force" will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you. "
[4] "how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the "force" and power, and how He,  "

BELOW EDITED FOR CLARITY since not all may understand the original sarcasm

What do you think of the above? Do you not see something is lost now? What would be the point of "force" and "power"? Repetition? Or why would "force" come upon you and then "power"? Daft, ain't it? What say you of being baptised by "force" and "fire" (who do you think would like to pour the petrol?)? How does one share in a "force"?”
  I possess no personal knowledge of what DS thinks of it, but I would say it’s a brilliant, almost comic, play with words.  But this is serious matter, not “Saturday Nite At The Improv.”  It is akin to the fireworks of 4th of July.  They go up with a bang, flare out, display an array of exquisite colors, and then go out.  In seconds, it’s all gone, as if nothing was ever there.

Meanwhile, you lost sight of the fact that the words you play with have run the gauntlet, in the wise of translation.  Originally written in Hebrew and Greek, the bible’s very first English version was translated from the Latin Vulgate into Old English.  We are talking about language practically different from what we have today.  Then came the Middle English versions, and later, the contemporary versions.  There are some translations, which, in an attempt to make the bible more understandable, miss the mark.  That, my friend, is the nutshell background of the language you play with.

nuclearboy:
I notice you refused to comment on my earlier reply (just following MyJoe's post) - it did not allow you continue your agenda so you ignored it
  I could say the same of your response.  How can you respond to my post without addressing some of the issues I raised?  Rather than hazard a repetition, I’d refer you to page one of this thread.  It’s impossible to discuss the HG, while those issues are ignored.

For all intent and purposes, the hereunder appearing excerpt is the bedrock of your argument, isn’t it?

nuclearboy:

Anyways, Christ said and I quote (NIV) - "The Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept Him, because it neither sees Him nor knows Him. But you know Him, for He lives with you and will be in you" - John 14: 17.

DeepSight, pray tell when you last called your thoughts or will or intents "He"? BTW, Hebrew dictionaries worsen your case.
What, if you were the one who got John 14:17 wrong?  Lets explore it for a bit.  This surfaced in the midst of Jesus preparing his apostles for his temporary leave of absence.  Reading the entire chapter reveals that at the core of this lecture were just two entities, the Father and his son.  No third person; no HG.

Knowing they would be troubled, Jesus promised a comforter.  But who was this comforter to be expected?  The very next verse reveals who was to come.
    “I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.”   There you have it.

Then the question becomes: if he were the one to come, why would he leave in the first place, why wouldn’t he have stayed and comforted the apostles?  The answer is simple.  He had to go get his reward for his conquest of the Devil, and his next appearance would see him on his throne.  Even though he can’t come again till his (the Lord’s) day, he has to exert influence on his baby church.  When the word, AKA Jesus, made us in his image, he copied one of the many attributes of himself that made him God.  He copied his human attribute. 

There are other attributes, such as the creator, spirit, almighty, and all-knowing attributes.  The sum total of all attributes makes him God.  It was his Spirit attribute that makes him omnipresent.  As human, he was not everywhere, but as God, sporting his spirit essence, that was a piece of cake.

He could not activate his spirit attribute while a human.  He had to go up to the Father, to do that.  In his human form, he couldn’t create, but he could multiply or modify.  As the creator, he didn’t need a coin, fish, bread, or water, to do his stuff.  All he had to say was: “Let there be this.” And it would be so.  But because he had only his human traits and attributes, he could only work miracles, which, by the way, he said we too could do if we prayed, fasted, and had faith.

This explains why he could summon Moses and Elias, but not his Spirit, because the first two were not part of him.  If the HG were a different entity, he would have summoned him while he was yet here.  Instead, he instructed his apostles to go into hiding until he is back again, projecting his Spirit attribute, as the comforter.

But of course he couldn’t do a thing without the authorization of the Father.  The Father has to authorize the spirit attribute of the Word to visit his church.  So, Jesus’ dwelling in us has to be by way of his Spirit attribute, and no other attribute.

Chew on this for a bit.  We know that creation is one of God’s attributes.  We also know that The Father created or begot the Word.  So, if the HG were God, he should be able to create or beget, right?  Now, hear the Word give us a front seat view of his heritage:

Psalm 8:
[22]
The LORD possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old.
[23] I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was.
[24] When there were no depths, I was brought forth; when there were no fountains abounding with water.  [25] Before the mountains were settled, before the hills was I brought forth:   [26] While as yet he had not made the earth, nor the fields, nor the highest part of the dust of the world.  [27] When he prepared the heavens, I was there: when he set a compass upon the face of the depth:   [28] When he established the clouds above: when he strengthened the fountains of the deep: [29] When he gave to the sea his decree, that the waters should not pass his commandment: when he appointed the foundations of the earth: [30] Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him; [31] Rejoicing in the habitable part of his earth; and my delights were with the sons of men. [32] Now therefore hearken unto me, O ye children: for blessed are they that keep my ways.  [33] Hear instruction, and be wise, and refuse it not.  [34] Blessed is the man that heareth me, watching daily at my gates, waiting at the posts of my doors.   [35] For whoso findeth me findeth life, and shall obtain favour of the LORD.   [36] But he that sinneth against me wrongeth his own soul: all they that hate me love death.

Now, we know that the Father gave life to, or created the Word.  We also know that, by the authority of the Father, the Word created everything else (John 1:1-3).  So, as a separate personage, and as God, just whom did the HG create or give life to?  We see the Father and the son.  What was the HG, Jesus’ younger brother, his cousin, the house help, a messenger, or what?  The Father and the Word had the host of Angels to do their chores.

If he were a distinct personage, the HG was not counted among the God family. There is no record of the Father creating him.  Did the Word create him?  What makes him God and thus a third of the divine family? 

Jesus assured us that whatever we asked the Father in his name, believing, it shall be done unto us.  So. Where does the HG figure in, as God?  When our request is approved, it would be “Holy Ghost-ed” (as in Fedexed) to us.  He is just one of the several God’s attributes.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 11:14pm On Aug 16, 2010
shocked shocked shocked ^^^

And I thought DeepSight was the legal one! shocked And why is everyone throwing all these grammar at me. Wetin I do una, abeg?

"Idiomatically expressed, my banter was fashioned to mildly needle your implied superlative scriptural understanding, which your anemic modesty lets seep through. "

All this just to tell me your desire was to show me my "prideful arrogance" over my assumed scholarship of the Bible showed through? shocked Wow!

Tell you what, friend - you need to take a closer less "serious" look at me! Vescucci just today said "he wouldn't take much of what I say too seriously". That doesn't mean he doesn't get my point - it just means he understands I have a humorous manner of passing my points across. DeepSight is likely not offended by my manner. Likely he gets it that the stuff I wrote/write is not based on this thread alone but on NL history - my history with DeepSight who will tell you himself that I have a great deal of respect for his brain but wonder at his repeated "attacks" on this one issue. And I am human in doing that. This is not a court where we deal as though nothing else exists outside the current issue.

So it does seem somewhat "Voltron-like" for you to come to his aid. That dude can take care of himself, I assure you. All he has to do is go into the "ineluctables", the "incontestables", etc and everyone on NL takes cover. cheesy

BTW, it makes not a jot of sense to me to inquire as to what you believe, and to condemn or applaud it. To each his own - I know that and wonder who else does kiss As for me, its the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Whosoever doesn't agree can follow whatever they choose. And I mean no offence by that.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by vescucci(m): 1:25am On Aug 17, 2010
I think Seun should codify a tab where members can input their profession. That way, I'll know whose trouble never to look for (lawyers)
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by PrinceEmek: 6:11am On Aug 17, 2010
@ NuclearBoy

nuclearboy:
All this just to tell me your desire was to show me my "prideful arrogance" over my assumed scholarship of the Bible showed through? shocked Wow!
Do you then marvel at my admiration of your command of the English language?  Nonetheless, I wouldn’t go as far as you in the wise of interpretation.  To let out a little air off your ego, maybe, just maybe.  "Prideful arrogance" is a harsh term.  I try not to insult, as I’m not notable for absorbing such.

nuclearboy:
Tell you what, friend - you need to take a closer less "serious" look at me… I have a humorous manner of passing my points across.
  I have no need to look to a third part for proof or validation of you humorous disposition.  Your writing tells the whole story.  All I wanna do is nudge you in the direction of easing off on your adversaries.  The implication that one disagreeing with you lacks understanding, or is unintelligent can be a turn-off.  One desiring to chime in on the discussion may be discouraged from doing so. 

I’m well aware that, over time, the noble gentlemen of NL may have advanced a culture.  But in my humble opinion, given that this is a public domain, the culture that should prevail is the posting rules.  We, the members, don’t always know each other.  The forum is our only medium of interaction.  We can only relate to one another by what we write and read.  You do appreciate the fact that not very one of your readers is as understanding or tolerant as DeepSight.

nuclearboy:
So it does seem somewhat "Voltron-like" for you to come to his aid. That dude can take care of himself, I assure you.
Don’t I know it?  Sure, he can take care of his business.  But determining that the odds were against him numerically, I sought to level out the playing field.  I wouldn’t have made a thing of it if you hadn’t dared me to show you.

nuclearboy:
BTW, it makes not a jot of sense to me to inquire as to what you believe, and to condemn or applaud it. To each his own - I know that and wonder who else does: -*
  I totally agree with you.  To each his own sums it all up. But be careful not to give the impression: “it’s your way or no way at all.”  It’s most important that you know where your expression freedom ends, and where your opponent’s right not to be talked down on begins.

I’d love nothing more than to meet you one day, shake your hand, point to you, and tell my fellows: there goes a philosopher of relevance, a formidable opponent, and a language maestro whom even the English words do obey.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by PrinceEmek: 2:29pm On Aug 17, 2010
vescucci:

I think Seun should codify a tab where members can input their profession. That way, I'll know whose trouble never to look for (lawyers)

Lol @ Vescucci.
Don’t let the profession or title fool you.  I assure you, there are lawyers you could take to the woodshed and administer the paddle on their hind parts, in the courtroom.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 9:10pm On Aug 17, 2010
@Bros Prince:

No wahala - Anything you say. All this "turenchi" is still on this desire to burst my boyish bubble? shocked I'm here clapping for you and singing "winner e e E, winner, winner e e EEEE, winner, Prince, you don win O, winner, patapata you go win for NL, winner".

And I admire your desire to flaunt your divinely commanded exposures of my "pride". But your vocab - I fear!

One question - please, is this a helping of your everyday vocabulary or was all this just in honor of my insolence? Cos if this is how you express yourself normally, mehn, maybe its time to leave NL (especially seeing I'm nobody's opponent and plan not to look over my shoulder).

Enjoy your days, Expounder! wink
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by vescucci(m): 9:21pm On Aug 17, 2010
Awaiting next post. . . . . . .
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 9:35pm On Aug 17, 2010
^^

@Vescucci:

If you were a lawyer, I just know you'd be Satan's advocate. grin
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by vescucci(m): 9:10am On Aug 18, 2010
Ouch. Why do you have to be a good judge of character? Satan is too sinister. Try Devil or Exu, eh?
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by Enigma(m): 9:58am On Aug 18, 2010
Edited posted in wrong thread
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by Rhino3dm: 10:29am On Aug 18, 2010
Nuclear boyy! Take am easy now. Me think say you you pass within you dey write above ooooooh.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 8:06pm On Aug 18, 2010
^^^ Bros:

I meant no offence. NONE whatsoever. I just brought a mirror into the discourse and mirrors can be "funny" when you look at your reflection!

But it remained in the spirit of light humor, at least to me! And thats the honest truth! And as for vescucci - he definitely knows I was laughing with him.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by PrinceEmek: 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2010
NuclearBoy;

nuclearboy:
@Bros Prince:

No wahala - Anything you say. All this "turenchi" is still on this desire to burst my boyish bubble?

I'm here clapping for you and singing "winner e e E, winner, winner e e EEEE, winner, Prince, you don win O, winner, patapata you go win for NL, winner".
A few entries ago, Deep Sight said you were a riot.  Believing that he didn’t see you as a wild or turbulent disturbance created by a large number of people, or a violent disturbance of the public peace by three or more persons assembled for a common purpose, I’m compelled to go for door number 3, an irresistibly funny person.  In that case, he has my vote.  And don’t ask if I went through all that just to say you are funny.  That’s the beauty of the language.

I thank Almighty you are in permanent employ.  I’d have advised you against seeking a career in singing, lol. 

I don’t know what it was I won.  I only win when, as a watchman, I’m able to sound my alarm for those who “hath ears to hear.”

nuclearboy:
And I admire your desire to flaunt your divinely commanded exposures of my "pride". But your vocab - I fear!
Just view it from the vantage point of an older brother, desiring to preserve and or improve that which is good.  You have a talent the world should romance and ogle with passion.  We wouldn’t want your language artistry to be distracted from, would we?

As for my “vocab,” I don’t know about that.  I don’t believe it’s the vocabulary.  I’d bet my bottom dollar that your diction vault is way richer than mine.  It’s not how much you have, but what you do with the much you have.  The vocabulary I muster is that of everyday use, and can be found in any primary school dictionary.  But much like you, I just find uncommon ways of handling common expressions.  That’s what inserts bookends between writers.

nuclearboy:
One question - please, is this a helping of your everyday vocabulary or was all this just in honor of my insolence? Cos if this is how you express yourself normally, mehn, maybe its time to leave NL (especially seeing I'm nobody's opponent and plan not to look over my shoulder).
Well, it depends on who my audience is, being that I see myself as a performer.  When I write for the benefit is the elite, present company not excluded, I bring my “A” game.  But for the not so endowed, I make it crisp but comprehendible.  I'd say this though.  I do know my way around my native tongue, Igbo, and I’ve been know to belch out a line or two of broken English.  Do those count?

I wouldn’t say there’s cause to bolt from NL.  To the degree this thread is handled, in the wise of language, beginning from the original thread, I’d say people might begin to take notice if it’s kept up.  Success is infectious, you know. 

Look around you. Doesn’t the English grammar appear to be a dying art?  The heretofore language of the elite, has turned into “anything goes.”  I don’t know about you, but this is my thinking: Maybe, just maybe, we could stir up some nostalgia in the older generation and they may wander back to the way it was.  For the younger generation, if we are lucky, we may provide them with something to emulate.

By the way, as I have said time and again, I wouldn’t go that far.  I would neither cite nor indict you for insolence.  But if you still perceive so as my evaluation of you, I have no other refuge than to extend my unqualified apologies.  You wear the shoe, and it’s not my intent, but your feeling, that ought to prevail. 

You enjoy yours too, brother of Expounder.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 7:22pm On Aug 19, 2010
^^ Bros:

That was good going! shocked shocked

I think I ought to have liked you better when you used all that amazing english. But now you've shamed me. Only MyJoe and Krayola have the distinction on this forum, to have made me clap in glee. So I think it right I confess I both like and love you more now.

Thanks for understanding it was not meant in bad faith - thats a rarity here with all the dudes just coming of age and behaving like young bull elephants in estress! Sadly, it means I have to watch my back more. Obviously, there are more people than I thought who have the power.

BTW, this much you won - much respect. kiss
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by DeepSight(m): 7:36pm On Aug 19, 2010
PrinceEmek:

That’s what inserts bookends between writers.

Staggering brilliance!
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by vescucci(m): 7:47pm On Aug 19, 2010
Oh brother. I know it is mind boggling but there indeed is a literature section on this forum. I swear to God
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by DeepSight(m): 7:51pm On Aug 19, 2010
Nuclear, you promised to revert on my comments on WoF in the thread titled Belief & Reality, but you never returned.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 8:16pm On Aug 19, 2010
Forgive me DeepSight, I changed my mind. My "boyish" manners have ensured the presence of too many people on NL who have me in their sights - Christian (mainly fake but they own the crowd), Muslim, Atheist.

There exist on your thread such as, assume they be atheist, would become deist if I said "God doesn't exist".

Whats the point of another lenghty conversation based on personality rather than truth. I tire easily these days except when I can find such as "PrinceEmec" and sincerely, even with him, I did get weary - but at least he was worth it. Most are not!

[size=5pt]BTW, you too usually are, except when your obsession with Jesus rises. [/size]
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by DeepSight(m): 8:24pm On Aug 19, 2010
^^^ That's sad. I felt alot of germane issues were raised there on the WoF doctrine. And unfortunately, it comes across as though you have really said some far-reaching things about the WoF but cannot be bothered to defend your remarks. I believe I extracted their core teachings from the links you provided and showed those teachings to be bible-based.

Most critically I cannot see how the issue would have been "about personalities and not truth."
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 9:01pm On Aug 19, 2010
^^^ Yes, its sad, isn't it?

Anyway, I am starting to learn that conversations on NL end before they start - reality here is abstract theories bandied about with the most well thought out receiving resounding applause, whether true or not.

Something you mentioned on that thread stands out - the "motives" (was that how you put it?) of those involved in the WOF movement! Since you gleaned that there exists a problem with the foundation, why are you sweating that the building is shaky? These people go past the bounds of reason. I have stated here I believe in "speaking in tongues". I believe in "miracles". I believe in "faith". But the definitions of these are what differs. Let me give an example

Whist the Bible defines faith easily understood by Hebrews 11 as belief, trust, obedience, sacrifice, holy fear; WOF tells us faith is "confession" and issues from what you say. In effect, I am to leave the Word of my God and follow "norman vincent peales" "the power of positive thinking", right? And not just that, but I must accept and teach that as superior to the Word of God because that teaching is "couched" in holy sounding words and poured out from pulpits.

You choose your reality, DS, and yours is abstraction but you find sense in it. I have mine and WOF stands against it, employing the insidiousness of "extra" and "substitutitory" doctrines, all the "germane issues" notwithstanding.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Are Men Of God Good Role Models? / 5 Facts You Should Ignore Before You Accuse Catholic Of Worshipping Mary! / CEO Of The Mount Zion, Mike Bamiloye Marks His Wife's Birthday In Style

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.