Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,808 members, 7,813,658 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:46 PM

Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. (3629 Views)

Learning About Holy Spirit / Temptations Vs Our Sight / What About 'holy Mary?' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by PrinceEmek: 4:31am On Aug 21, 2010
Deep Sight:
That’s what inserts bookends between writers.
  Staggering brilliance!
Deep Sight, thanx for noticing.

vescucci:
Oh brother. I know it is mind boggling but there indeed is a literature section on this forum. I swear to God
Lol, I hear you, loud and clear, bro man, Vescucci.

nuclearboy:
^^ Bros:

That was good going! shocked shocked

I think I ought to have liked you better when you used all that amazing english. But now you've shamed me. Only MyJoe and Krayola have the distinction on this forum, to have made me clap in glee. So I think it right I confess I both like and love you more now.

Thanks for understanding it was not meant in bad faith - thats a rarity here with all the dudes just coming of age and behaving like young bull elephants in estress! Sadly, it means I have to watch my back more. Obviously, there are more people than I thought who have the power.

BTW, this much you won - much respect. kiss
  NuclearBoy, courtesy of yours truly, yours will be the last word on the matter,
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 6:01am On Aug 21, 2010
^^^ Actually, courtesy of the above, you likely will have the final word.

So you are vain? tongue grin Nice to know you have an achilles heel. Looking back in light of this, seems my quoted "last" post came too early. Especially since DeepSight wasn't the only one to notice your hammer. Some just felt large hearted enough to allow you your hard-won "victory" wink kiss Ah well, small boys remain naughty (by nature). Its the rioter in them.

[size=3pt]Back to Krayola and MyJoe, then![/size]
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by vescucci(m): 12:09pm On Aug 21, 2010
I'll have the bleeding last word if you both will be playing honorable. Usually the second mouse gets the cheese but I guess this mouse trap is a dual spring stainless steel super deluxe XLR model.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by PrinceEmek: 5:48pm On Aug 21, 2010
NuclearBoy;

Ok, I think I’m beginning to feel what Christ felt when the Sadducees and Publicans called him Master, while devising snares to entrap him, lol. 

You know I’m not vain by any stretch of the imagination.  To the best of my knowledge, you made it clear that I won RESPECT, and I presume yours.  Incidentally, I saw respect there to mean “earn,” as opposed to securing superiority resultant of a struggle or competition.  From my vantage point, there was neither victor nor vanquished.

I took your nod as reciprocation to my long-standing and vividly expressed, admiration for your artistry, and possibly superior wealth of diction, in the English language department.  For obvious reasons, I failed to see the need to seesaw (teeter-totter) complements in the fashion of two alternately bowing Japanese gentlemen. It’s ad infinitum.

Observing Vescucci, standing there with a sign, pointing to the Literature section, I thought it was time to exit.

However, if the “hard-won ‘victory’” you made reference of alludes to your capitulation in the Holy Ghost status debate, it didn’t show.  I still remember these words of yours to Deep Sight:
Please have mercy. This is straightforward - My understanding of God is three manifestations - a Father (Creator Judge), a Son (Creator Bridge) and a Holy Spirit (Creator "friend" - my support system),
or this one:
Friend, you are in the wrong seeing as you don't have what we have.
Seeing there’s no clear evidence of a reversal of these assertions, believing you agree with me would be ultra-presumptuous.  I’m a very poor assumer.  So, setting aside the reciprocated respect afore explored, wherefore art the hard-won victory?  Granted I have been dubbed “Expounder.” But an expounder of what, truth or falsehood, am I?  I’m no fan of ambiguity.

As a matter of fact, were I certain that you saw my writing as bible truth, I would have given you what I call, the final nail.  It would come in handy should you see it fit to argue on my side of the fence. Truth be told, I’ve always seen you as Paul.  How many apostles did Jesus bring into his service, in chains, post resurrection?  Just Paul.  He saw qualities in Paul that were indispensable to the growth of his church.  Firstly, Paul was of dual citizenship, a Jew as well as a Gentile (Roman); Perfect vehicle for launching salvation into non-Jewish territory.  Secondly, he was a brilliant lawyer; well versed in the law and the prophets (Old Testament).  He would not only talk and reason his way out of any troubles, but also had the ability to blow away any opponents by oratory.  And Paul delivered.

In like vein, you will not be bashful in obliterating any stumbling block in your path, in the defense of the faith.  I see God employing your talents in unimaginable ways.  Chances are this is not going to be the last time we both will go head to head.  When that time comes, all I ask is for us to come loaded with open mind.  New doctrine and old beliefs are a volatile combination.

I guess the fat lady is yet to sing.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 8:13pm On Aug 21, 2010
^^^

Last I heard of a "fat lady singing" was at an occasion for the "fullhouse" star. Not very nice of you, that cry Especially seeing Mr "Ineluctable" will be around soon to detect the infinitesimal scope of the brilliance involved in that).

Now if you feel like Christ persecuted yet see me like Paul an "obliterator" ( shocked), I'd not want to "detect" you as being either of Satan or "PrinceEmek", both scary prospects right now. Again though, I will defer but NOT quantify that deference yet. But you're good - very very good.

[size=4pt]A good egg all around. Sad that we all know where eggs come from[/size]. That is one huge salute - knowing my audience "gets it" and thus, not worrying at being misunderstood. cool
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by PrinceEmek: 8:30pm On Aug 21, 2010
nuclearboy:

^^^
But you're good - very very good.

The feeling is mutual.  Peace, out, my brother.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 8:50pm On Aug 21, 2010
@PrinceEmek:

On a hunch, I took the liberty to check out your previous posts - Now I know where you are coming from and I apologize FOR taking you so flippantly. Thats sincere and now I also know why I felt here was someone worthy of "testing" as I did. Truth is, most people who go against me especially concerning the GodHead can't handle my teeth. Your few posts, on the other hand show more than a solid footing.

I will take you serious onwards and will take off some time to go through your previous posts on this thread. If I am right, I musta missed a lot cos I was somewhat cursory going through your responses. Sorry - NL is starting to get to me. Just forgive me if I allow the comedian in me show at times and please remember, behind every comedian is a sad person.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by vescucci(m): 8:56pm On Aug 21, 2010
Your last sentence chills me to the bone
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by PrinceEmek: 4:37am On Aug 22, 2010
NuclearBoy;

You had me scratching my head there for a bit.  I sensed something was off, but couldn’t quite put my finger on it.  I thought my comparison of you to Paul was a stellar endorsement.   You can understand why your response, coming on the heels of my almost being accused of lacking magnanimity in the face of complements, couldn’t engender any more wonder.

Nonetheless, I think it is what it is, just an eyebrow raiser, nothing more.  I’m not offended, and so see no cause for such profuse apology.  I’ve already formed my opinion of you, and it would take more than a slight hiccough to dislodge my conviction.

Just for the record, I’m flabbergasted at your consideration of revisiting my scribble.  Coming from you, I can’t contemplate a more gracious honor and approval.

nuclearboy:
That’s sincere and now I also know why I felt here was someone worthy of "testing" as I did. Truth is, most people who go against me especially concerning the Godhead can't handle my teeth. Your few posts, on the other hand show more than a solid footing.
Bowing gleefully as I accept your commendation, with unbridled gratitude, I’m compelled to ask this one question. Do I take it that you still cling to the Trinity doctrine?
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 7:48am On Aug 22, 2010
@PrinceEmek:

Trinity is embedded in the Bible. I did not put it there! Take a look at https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-497445.0.html#msg6612928 and the 4 posts that follow that one. I have this against DeepSight - choosing "some" scripture upon which to base all his theories and absolutely neglecting others. It is a poor commendation for one who would have truth. But my guy is a lawyer so we get the point - you come to win!

And when reading them, please remember - Intellect and communication skills are NOT a substitute for the truth. Thats why it is sad coming against a brilliant liar. "A little folly spoils much wisdom"
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 7:56am On Aug 22, 2010
@PrinceEmek:

Trinity is embedded in the Bible. I did not put it there! Take a look at https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-497445.0.html#msg6612928 and the 4 posts that follow that one. I have this against DeepSight - choosing "some" scripture upon which to base all his theories and absolutely neglecting others. It is a poor commendation for one who would have truth. But my guy is a lawyer so we get the point - you come to win!

And when reading them, please remember - Intellect and communication skills are NOT a substitute for the truth. Thats why it is sad coming against a brilliant liar. "A little folly spoils much wisdom"
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by PrinceEmek: 12:38am On Aug 23, 2010
NuclearBoy;
I beamed over to the linked page.  Unfortunately, they belong to a different thread that escaped my notice.  I’m glad you pointed me in its direction.  I have a thing or two to say.  How I wish you would read all herein written before responding. 

Contrary to the suggestion of your preemptive strike, this is not about intellect or flowery grammar.  Let’s just focus on bible truth; for it’s only by the truth can one be set free. 

It was an interesting read, albeit grossly flawed.  While the excerpts may convey your sentiments, they are hardly your words.  They are excerpts from someone else’s commentaries, and not as the truth is revealed to you.  These commentaries visit havoc on Christ’s doctrine, as they generate confusion.  As a bible student, did you investigate, as instructed by Paul, to see if these things were so?  Or do you think it’s enough to echo the understanding of another who may not share the same destiny with your?

Notice the few incidences of appears, apparently, seems, suggest, probability, etc.   Those are telltale signs of uncertainty and wobbly footing, the same tactics employed by evolutionists to dispossess God of his glory.   You find terms like probably, must have been, chances are, possibly, could have been, may have been, etc.  Jesus thought with authority, and any follower, possessing sound background of Christ’s doctrine, ought to teach with power and authority, as Jesus did.

I’m beginning to wonder how many times I’m going to say this.   No one is disputing the existence and potency of the Holy Spirit.  The primal excerpt and subsequent entries only establish the existence of the HG.  That is not the point.  Any one desiring to prove that the HG is God should do so, beyond reasonable doubt.  Proving that he exists does nothing for the issue at hand.  We need proof that the HG is God

This Agent is said to speak, warn, reveal, predict, teach, remind, enable, help, witness, testify, encourage, counsel, know, and pray.
  We don’t dispute these traits.  But which one of the enumerated traits makes the HG God?  Don’t you find it odd that the most important characteristic in the identification and definition of God is left out?  You may be better off defining God, first, and then see what attributes in your definition that does not apply to the HG.  Any entity devoid of the creative ability cannot be God.  Now, if you want to prove me wrong start from here.  But if you agree with me, this, then, is the end of the road.

This Agent is apparently invested with active authority over the mission of God--[/b]leading, selecting workers for tasks, selecting workers for positions of authority, dispatching workers, evaluating situations, making decisions about distribution of spiritual gifts, 'steering' and directing.
  The author uses apparently, meaning the way it seems to him.  But considering that “There is a way that seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death” (Prov 16:25),   should we put all our eggs in what seems reasonable to this fellow?

Furthermore, what we have here is the job description of a head messenger, prime servant, manager, or supervisor.  Considering that he was [b] “apparently invested with active authority over the mission of God,”
I don’t see God there, do you?

The commonness reinforces the idea that God is one and that the Father, Son, and Spirit are all God.
  How, in the world, could any citizen of academia alight at this conclusion?  So, besides a million biological traits we share, my dog loves, hates, has a name, and can feel guilt.  He also is loyal, friendly, grateful, obedient, protective, dutiful, intelligent, etc.   Does that make him Prince Emeka, even if I named him after me?

Even though the grammar would predict otherwise, this Agent is referred to by non-neuter personal pronouns in several situations (i.e. 'he').
  This is where our man should have come in to sort things out.  If the grammar and the content don’t agree, he should find out why, and not just throw a dart.  The bible cannot contradict itself, and God is not a God of confusion.  He ought to have married the seeming opposing views to produce one solid doctrine.  The bible is no Literature, and should not be treated as such.  One of the 8 keys to understanding scripture is found in Isaiah 28:9-10 “Whom shall he teach knowledge? and whom shall he make to understand doctrine? them that are weaned from the milk, and drawn from the bosoms.  For precept must be upon precept, precept upon precept; line upon line, line upon line; here a little, and there a little,”

In 1 Corinthians 2:9 we read, “‘No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him’ - but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit. The Spirit searches all things, even the deep things of God. For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him? In the same way no one knows the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God” [1 Corinthians 2:9-11]. Here you see an understanding - a power of knowledge is ascribed to the Holy Spirit. Now, if there are any persons here whose minds are of so absurd a character that they would ascribe one attribute to another, and would speak of a mere influence having understanding, then I give up all argument. But I believe every rational person will admit, that when anything is spoken of as having an understanding, it must be an existence - it must, in fact, be a person.
  Our man here is attempting to interpret the scriptures.  That is not his duty.  The bible interprets itself.  Humans don’t have that wisdom. 

This guy’s power of deduction is less than glistening, to say the least.  After reading and citing scripture that contains this: “For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him,” he still goes on to deduce that the spirit and the man are different personages?  If the spirit dwells within God, how can he be a separate personage from God?  Look who’s taking about what a rational person would admit.  Does the referenced line not show that only the spirit dwelling in a man can understand the man’s thoughts?  By simple transposition, according to the statement, only the spirit living within God can know the thoughts of God.  Is this not what I’ve bee saying all along, that The HG is the spirit attribute of God just as Christ is the human attribute of God?  Follow this guy, and you’ll never get to the truth.

The foregoing just deals with the first excerpt.  The others I did read, and are just a play with words.  Of them I’d say the same thing I told you about playing with language very different from ours today.

OK, let us suppose briefly that the HG is a distinct personage from The Word, and both of them are God.  What would be the rationale of the following scripture?
“As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them” (Acts 13:2).   The HG didn’t call any of the Apostles; Christ did.  Can the HG take credit for their vocation?  The last I checked it was Our Lord who ambushed him, and roped him in, for a purpose.  Factoring in that the bible cannot contradict itself, the only explanation is that both Christ and the HG, as human and spirit respectively, are not God, are both attributes of The Word, who is God. 

If the human Christ were God, is it possible to imagine the amount of power any one would have to wield, to be able to execute him?  God is indestructible; he cannot even kill himself, let alone mere mortal weaklings.  It’s therefore important to distinguish Jesus from The Word.  The human attribute of The Word was a High Priest and sacrificial lamb, not God.  Recall that Jesus never at any time referred to himself as God.  He insisted on being the Son of Man.  This is important.  I’ll explain.

This is not the first time The Word visited us in his human form.  Melchizedek was King and High Priest.
  “And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he [was] the priest of the Most High God” (Gen 14:18).       But who was he?  Check out his heritage.  Heb 7 records [1] For this Melchizedek, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;  [2] To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;  [3] Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually” (Heb 7:1-3).     Pay special attention to verse 3.  Who do you know could fill those boots?  One guess!

Adam sold humanity to the highest bidder, and we needed being bought back.  And only by the blood of the blemish-less lamb can that happen.  If the human attribute of the Word had materialized out of nowhere, the sacrifice would have been impossible.  For starters, he would be immortal, as in the case of Melchizedek.  Besides, nobody would be courageous enough to touch him.  He had to come through human bloodline, as the Christ.  For the sake of simplicity, regard the Word as the CPU, while his various attributes are like the programs.  To jump from one program to another, you have to go back to the CPU.  None of the programs is a computer, but without the programs, the CPU wouldn’t function as a computer.

Hold on to your shorts, it gets crazier.  In the middle ages, I would be burned at the stake, or hanged in a public square, for what I’m bout to say.  So, if you see me hanging somewhere, just know I died for the truth.

Did you know that The Word assisted in the population of this earth, not by creation, but by procreation?  We read in the 6th chapter of Gen:
[1] And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them, [2] That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.  [3] And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.  [4] There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.”   Notice what the bible calls these busy bees. Sons of God, that’s what (verse 1).  How many sons do you know God to have?  He has just the one, right?  No, don’t even think it.  You are probably thinking Angels, I used to.  Oh no, Angels are gender neutral, having no ability to create or procreate.  Did you see what The Word called “them rascals?”  He called them My Spirit (verse 3), which lives within him.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by PrinceEmek: 12:48am On Aug 23, 2010
Now, NuclearBoy, this is where I give up.  I almost rolled off my stool when I read you say that the Holy Trinity is embedded in the bible.  Please show me where the Trinity is expressly nominated in the bible or where it is said that there are three persons in one God, or where there is reference of God the Holy Ghost.  I have seen folks make that leap, but you?  I’m doubly shocked.

I asked you once before: We have the Father. We have the Son. What is the HG, neighbor, wife, brother, servant?

If, after running through my response with the proverbial fine-tooth comb, you still hold the Holy Ghost is a separate personage from the Father and The Word, and therefore a distinct member of the Trinity, I can’t do any more.  We just have to agree to disagree.  This is where I wish you God’s speed and blessing.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by vescucci(m): 1:59am On Aug 23, 2010
Nice posts, Prince Emeka. I like that you've come to YOUR own conclusions and try to understand things YOURSELF. Your reasoning to me is sound. I'd like you to meet one Enigma. If I know my Nuke, it won't be long before he goes weary and lunge for your offer of agreeing to disagree. Enigma has most zest if you will. I'll enjoy you both express your views and counter views. How to get hold of Enigma?

P.S. I might be asking you questions soon, your excellency, Prince Emeka.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by PrinceEmek: 3:33am On Aug 23, 2010
@ Vescucci;

Thanks, bro man, for reco’nizing (ghetto lingo).

I wish I could take the credit for my understanding of the scriptures.  I had a phenomenal teacher in the person of Herbert Armstrong (diseased) of the defunct Worldwide Church of God.  The only way I can explain it is in Our Lord’s own words:
“I thank thee, O Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because thou hast hid these things from the wise and prudent, and hast revealed them unto babes” (Matt 11:25). 

I’ve run into Enigma’s writing a few times.  I judge him as astute and meticulous.  Yes indeed, he’s zesty.  If only I can get him to pay more attention to detail.  As a matter of fact, the excerpt NuclearBoy linked, which I dealt with on post #75, was posted by Enigma.  Truth is: I’m fresh out of ammunition.  Anything that needs to be said on the Trinity has already been said.  Anything said beyond this would amount to re-frying stale beans.

However, I’m open to questions on this or any other issue, from any and all quarters.  So, if you have any, please you are welcome to fire away.  Until next, God keep you and yours.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by PastorAIO: 11:13am On Aug 23, 2010
PrinceEmek:

I asked you once before: We have the Father. We have the Son. What is the HG, neighbor, wife, brother, servant?

Houseboy?
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by KunleOshob(m): 11:40am On Aug 23, 2010
^^^
grin grin grin
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 5:07pm On Aug 23, 2010
@PrinceEmek:

Interesting stuff.

PrinceEmek:

I’m beginning to wonder how many times I’m going to say this. No one is disputing the existence and potency of the Holy Spirit.
The primal excerpt and subsequent entries only establish the existence of the HG. That is not the point. Any one desiring to prove that the HG is God should do so, beyond reasonable doubt. Proving that he exists does nothing for the issue at hand. We need proof that the HG is God

But which one of the enumerated traits makes the HG God? Don’t you find it odd that the most important characteristic in the identification and definition of God is left out? You may be better off defining God, first, and then see what attributes in your definition that does not apply to the HG. Any entity devoid of the creative ability cannot be God. Now, if you want to prove me wrong start from here.

Furthermore, what we have here is the job description of a head messenger, prime servant, manager, or supervisor. Considering that he was “apparently invested with active authority over the mission of God,” I don’t see God there, do you? [/i][/size

God is not a God of confusion. He ought to have married the seeming opposing views to produce one solid doctrine.

This guy’s power of deduction is less than glistening, to say the least. After reading and citing scripture that contains this: “For who among men knows the thoughts of a man except the man's spirit within him,” he still goes on to deduce that the spirit and the man are different personages? If the spirit dwells within God, how can he be a separate personage from God? Look who’s taking about what a rational person would admit. Does the referenced line not show that only the spirit dwelling in a man can understand the man’s thoughts? By simple transposition, according to the statement, only the spirit living within God can know the thoughts of God.

OK, let us suppose briefly that the HG is a distinct personage from The Word, and both of them are God. What would be the rationale of the following scripture? [/i][/size][/color] “As they ministered to the Lord, and fasted, the Holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul for the work whereunto I have called them” (Acts 13:2). [color=#000099][size=10pt][i] The HG didn’t call any of the Apostles; Christ did. Can the HG take credit for their vocation? The last I checked it was Our Lord who ambushed him, and roped him in, for a purpose. Factoring in that the bible cannot contradict itself, the only explanation is that both Christ and the HG, as human and spirit respectively, are not God, are both attributes of The Word, who is God.

If the human Christ were God, is it possible to imagine the amount of power any one would have to wield, to be able to execute him? God is indestructible; he cannot even kill himself, let alone mere mortal weaklings. It’s therefore important to distinguish Jesus from The Word. The human attribute of The Word was a High Priest and sacrificial lamb, not God. Recall that Jesus never at any time referred to himself as God. He insisted on being the Son of Man. This is important. I’ll explain.

Prince:

I read through your posts twice to be sure I saw what was in them right. As I earlier said, "intellect and comms skills won't substitute for truth". And as Vescucci rightly said about me "I will throw in the towel soon". But, let me show you some major issues before I go.

Firstly, I won't harp or sit on the idea that you've actually done worse in your post to the author of those posts than I ever dreamt of doing to DeepSight. Does it work that way with you too? When you do it, its fair but others are cruel when they do it? You're critical and disparaging even to the point of saying this is a false teacher that can never lead to truth and you say it over and over. Do as I say not as I do is applicable to who in the new testament? And I thought only our subject here (the HS) can lead to all truth, not Him plus PrinceEmek (or is it Herbert whatchacallim?).

Anyways, in my selected excerpts from you above,

first you say what you you need "proven" is that the HG is God!
Then you ask which trait makes Him God
For to you, the most important trait for that is missing i.e the creative ability

Your post says He is only "apparently invested with active authority over the mission of God"
which "is the job description of a head messenger, prime servant, manager, or supervisor"

Then you now deduce that since "only the spirit dwelling in a man can understand the man’s thoughts?", "By simple transposition, according to the statement, only the spirit living within God can know the thoughts of God. "
WHICH IN OTHER WORDS MEANS THE HOLY GHOST LIVES INSIDE GOD AND THUS IS GOD! Your own words, Sir!

Yet above and according to you, He lacks the creative ability! So God lacks the creative ability? I wonder at you, today!

So, PrinceEmek, in your post and your words then, your dog is also you whist also being your messenger, manager, supervisor or as Pastor_AIO says "your Houseboy"! But more -

You ALSO state "both Christ and the HG, as human and spirit respectively, are not God, BUT are both attributes of The Word, who is God." Is that so, Prince? They both are not? Wow! See understanding shocked

Basically then, your own Bible misses out the words, "In the Beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was with God in the Beginning. " John 1:1 & 2. Then please jump to verse 14 which says " The Word became flesh and made His dwelling amongst us, , " OR no, your Bible does not miss them; you just prefer to negate them, right?

Welcome DeepSight PrinceEmek!

So lets rephrase and see what you said - "In the beginning was God and God was with God and God was God. He was with God in the beginning." THEN verse 14 which is really interesting " THE GOD became flesh and made His dwelling amongst us".

All those Hebrew, Greel and Aramaic writers must really have loved repetition, over-emphasis and technical jargon. Haba! Imagine God being God and being with God. Wonderment!

Friend, ket me stop here before it starts to get gross!

Remember what I said I have against DeepSight - Its this ^^^ - Taking a portion whist ignoring others, twisting it around into a pretzel in the name of being intellectual and presenting it as truth. Abstraction is not brilliance - its just a way of hiding ignorance!

AND Please edit your post and remove the "revelation knowledge" of Genesis 6 you have. Even Joagbaje knows better than that! I wouldn't want to come against such - it is an insult to elementary reasoning and such only comes from this new wave of "I heard a voice saying I'm special" i,e, Revelation Knowledge.

I hope you didn't get all these from Herbert Whatshisname. Very poor recommendation for the dude, if you ask me.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by DeepSight(m): 6:38pm On Aug 23, 2010
^^^ As a certain respected poster on this forum often states - The rays of the sun are not the sun.

The Holy Spirit is as the rays of God. Not God.

Here -

Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 6:45pm On Aug 23, 2010
^^^ totally lovely picture that I'll download for a temp screensaver - but what does it stand for in your post? tongue Anyways, chew on this for awhile - Jesus said "Baptize them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.". Would you be kind enough to substitute the "rays of the sun" in that statement?
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by PrinceEmek: 9:20pm On Aug 23, 2010
NuclearBoy;

All I can say is this:  You got it all wrong.  Yours was a grossly errant interpretation of what I wrote, every one of my points.  When I debate, I isolate the point of my opponent I believe to be in error, and discuss it.  If that is his keystone, the whole argument collapses.  But if I do that with your response, it would take forever, seeing that you got every one of my points wrong.

You care nothing about whether I made a point or not.  From the goings on, you fly off the handle just because I oppose your position.  You go to lengths to discredit me, if you have to go outside the confines of debate ethics.  You employ what, in American politics, is called the stickman syndrome.  That is making a point an opponent never made and setting forth to attack it.  Abstraction may not be brilliance, but sarcasm, misrepresentation, and insult are worse.   

As I said at the door of this forum, I stumbled into here, and I was impressed.  I see that you get your kicks from casting insults and sarcasms at people who don’t tow your line of belief.  You have no knowledge of me, and I, you.  Rather than disrespect me, I would you show and prove to me what needs to be proved. 

I came across where you styled yourself a loudmouth.  There’s no doubt that you are an institution in Nairaland.  But if this’s how you relate to those who don’t agree with you, and given that there could be an awful lot we may not agree on, it’s no skin off my nose disappearing as speedily as I appeared.

I have about three sites I own and run, and a number of others I contribute to.  At the risk of sounding conceited, I’d like to think I contribute, albeit to an infinitesimal degree, to the growth of any site I have an account with.  If you desire to be the only big fish in this pond, you can achieve that without stepping on the toes of other site members.  Nonetheless, the stage is all yours.  I hope I’m wrong about my perception.

On that ominous note, may we shake hands and part ways?  That the Lord may guide your path, and protect you and yours is my fervent supplication.  Later, dude.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 9:58pm On Aug 23, 2010
Even DeepSight wouldn't say what you just did! And if you read my past posts here, you will find I readily apologise when I see fault proved against me. So lets answer this issue -

[1] What you said I did to DeepSight and that you showed to me AS OPPOSED TO what you just tried to do to whoever wrote the posts I quoted here - which is worse? Especially considering me and Deep are well acquainted and you were sticking a pin in my ever present ballon whist the author of the posts whom you called flawed, unable to lead to truth, uncertain and wobbly, "no citizen of academia" etc, was not even here to defend himself. embarassed
[2] As I asked, is it okay when you do it but NOT ok when others do it (assuming ridicule and chest beating was their motive and not friendly bantering)?
[3] Sarcasm is a language construct and here I used it to place you on the seat you had happily placed me in earlier. You even thanked those who applauded your efforts. Without knowing we'd get to this point, I went so far as to state my comedy was rooted in sadness. This is true - sadness that we tell so many lies deliberately at the expense of truth just to show ourselves brilliant in one way or the other.
[4] I QUOTED YOU. EVERYTIME! Often, what we say is not seem apparent to us but others can see it - I saw/showed another angle to your words and you have right to correct me. The words are there so please tell us what they mean if I was wrong.

Loudmouth, institution, disrespect! Nuclear BIG FISH? shocked shocked shocked Please, playing "victim" doesn't suit you - You cannot accuse others, be praised as brilliant for using language against others then complain when accused or when they use language against you. Thats beneath you. I wish you met Krayola here. Him, MyJoe, Mazaje, Pastor_AIO, Viaro have "destroyed" me in arguments here even when maybe they didn't know - know why? They had more knowledge and truth than I had. And me, quickly, I acquiesed.

I agree you contributed here, albeit not in the way I wished. I said from the start - don't come with selections of what you decide are enough, ignoring other stuff and using said "selections" only for eisegesis. That is the only thing I have/had against DeepSight who is a brilliant debater. You too are from all I see, very extremely intelligent. But again - intellect cannot replace truth and it only shows total disregard for the other (me) when you believe you can bambozzle with intelligence. That applies to Christian, Muslim, Deist or Atheist.

Truth 1st. Then - "give and it shall be given unto you, , ., for with what measure you mete, shall it be meted unto you".

I apologise if I was too abrasive. Still, I wonder how you'd feel if DeepSight was to find "staggering brilliance" in my 2nd to last post!

What I want an explanation to remains "baptising them in the Name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit" Matt 28:19. How do you baptize in the name of God's "Power"?
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by Rhino3dm: 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2010
^^^ with this nuclear explosion i doubt to see any survival except lord Deepsight, all tiny tiny cabals have been affected by EMT. The other prince is AWOL. . . .
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by DeepSight(m): 12:55pm On Aug 24, 2010
@ Nuclear - I feel there is much too much personal emotion in the post you have above.

As always I would adjure you towards the issues being debated and not the persons doing so.

It seems to me that this has regrettably become the standard that you set forth in more recent times; and I would very much like to see a return to focus on issues and not persons: as that is in every respect more salutary than that which has recently and regrettably been the case.

Cheers.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 1:16pm On Aug 24, 2010
^^^ Apologies if that seems the case to you. However, it seems I am accused and thats all right but when I turn the tables, its not all right. Doesn't seem fair to me.

Again I'm sorry but PLEASE LOOK at the words used to quantify whoever wrote what I quoted from Enigma's thread. Are those impersonal? Do they address the issue rather than casting aspersions on someone who cannot defend himself (or herself since we don't know the person)? Would you wish to be cast in such light? And what does it make me if I then, am following the rationale of the "so-called" illegal immigrant to the land of academia?

I apologise. I really do apologise but it seems very unfair to me to describe me as following that (knowing that the greater, as it were, blesses the lesser) then complain when I say you are doing what you'd earlier complained I did.

I notice you have no comments on the words "Loudmouth, NL institution, disrespectful, sole bigfish" etc.

Just as "bookends between writers" commanded your amazement at its "brilliance"!

But again, I apologise for my daring to say what others have likely thought but kept quiet about.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by Enigma(m): 1:33pm On Aug 24, 2010
@nuclearboy

I don't really think there is that much, if anything at all, to apologise for.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by DeepSight(m): 1:48pm On Aug 24, 2010
^^^ Indeed, that is not what is sought: simply that all parties should focus issues and not persons. All parties.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by vescucci(m): 4:18pm On Aug 24, 2010
Sigh
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 9:33pm On Aug 25, 2010
^^^ What does an expression of boredom and 3rd party regret from the 3rd rock portend for NL?

You've been quiet - shey you dey sha?
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by vescucci(m): 10:11pm On Aug 25, 2010
Lol. You, I and about 7billion of us are on this rock together. I'm sadly cursed to feel distress when good relationships go south (especially mine, naturally) especially when it's not even formed yet. I've learnt more in the last half dozen months about human relations than in all my previous two dozen years.

I'm holed up somewhere. Thanks for asking, Nuke.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by nuclearboy(m): 8:46pm On Aug 26, 2010
@Vescucci:

Time and experience informs that good relationships are not built till each party has been pushed to breaking and got hang of the other. Aside confrontation, whatever obtains an uneasy truce built on the fake laws of civility we see expressed everyday.

Like the Lord I believe in and serve, I hold onto "Do unto others as you would they do unto you". In others words, - If you can't take it, do NOT dish it. Conversely, "if you dish it, get ready, its coming back".

Such confrontations build deeper understandings, friendships and rapports. I, like you, am coming to know what I can trust differing personalities for. Those who are straight and upright, the vain, the sly and cunning, the withdrawn yet sincere, the noisy, the attention seekers, etc. It all shows over time as character is like smoke and cannot be hidden.

Whatever, Bro, get out of whatever hole you got stuck in pronto, and get back here.
Re: Ok. Deep Sight, Am Listening You. Tell Me About Holy Spirit. by vescucci(m): 11:33pm On Aug 26, 2010
Lol. One would think himself safe with a disposition such as yours but I find people like you (and I) absolutely unwary to the insidious fact that not many people are the same. Many people pathologically think they have immunity from this simple rule. I don't know what I'm compensating for with my patience with people. Always trying to right things. Futile. What am I even talking about?

You'll have to forgive me, Nuke. It'll be some days more before I emerge from this hole that's getting cozy in spite of itself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chance Or Intelligent Design (creation) / To That Moniker Called Frustratedman-God Loves You / http://frnjoku.org : Rev. Fr. Stephen Njoku Messages Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.