Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,348 members, 7,819,241 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:12 PM

Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? (19367 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues / "Meet Escobar Smith, a moving Bullion Van who doesn't use calculator when Spendi / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by jaxxy(m): 3:34pm On Dec 19, 2018
Attitude is more important. Who cares if she can cook or not. She can always learn that later on. A bad attitude is harder to fix. I don’t eat reckless either so it’s fine.

When I’m in the mood I can cook like a top chef tongue

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Hilbertrudolf(m): 3:35pm On Dec 19, 2018
what was she learning when her mates where learning at a tender ageangry
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by emperorzillion: 3:37pm On Dec 19, 2018
marylandcakes:
Yes, you can teach her how to cook, order your stew and pot of soup and you will have peace.
Which of the Stew? The one wey Tiwa dey prepare?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by DanDeeBoss(m): 3:41pm On Dec 19, 2018
As my girlfriend, if I notice that you can't cook,,, Catering school straight... Before even thinking of marriage...

5 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by xianah(f): 3:42pm On Dec 19, 2018
Can you cook.
Hilbertrudolf:

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by xianah(f): 3:43pm On Dec 19, 2018
Nice one.
jaxxy:
Attitude is more important. Who cares if she can cook or not. She can always learn that later on. A bad attitude is harder to fix. I don’t eat reckless either so it’s fine.

When I’m in the mood I can cook like a top chef tongue
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by 2buffagain(m): 3:45pm On Dec 19, 2018
Chenzee:
I can vividly recollect, during my university days how beans(cowpea) and garri were so popular in the male hostel. Meanwhile, provision shops prefer to stock more than half of their shops with indomie (noodles) without any sceptism. These shop owners know very well that these noodles will be devoured completely by none other than those in the female hostels.
A friend of mine visited his girlfriend come fiancee several times in her house, and was always welcomed with garnished noodles and chilled soft drinks. It continued for their two years of courtship. Anytime he asks why she isn't cooking any other food, she says it's because she has been busy all through the day.
If he tells her to cook a special delicacy, she spends the whole day cooking and then serves him with a delicious and palatable rubbish (tasteless meal).
I told him that I can only marry a woman who can cook exceptionally well, and can also cook meals I can't cook (especially my traditional meals). I told him that I will be so proud to invite anyone to my house.
They ( My friend and his fiancee) are preparing to get married soon, though they haven't fixed a date yet.
I need your candid and unbiased advice. Thanks.

Depends. What else is she bringing to the table?
Is she bringing money? resources? Managarial business skills? Can I confidently leave a business in her hands and trust in her education and talent to handle it? Can we chill and vibe? Is she sexy to me?

These are the things I care about in a spouse.
Food and all that can be outsourced.

Learning to cook is not hard. I just recently learned how to make ofada stew on youtube.
Na just recipe you go follow abi e pass dat?

7 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Dec 19, 2018
tragergeorge:
me my own I no get problem with the food side,,,if she tire to cook I go run am,if na d one she no sabi well,,I go run am,,but make she no try any day say work was stressful and no sex for me ooo,,,infact me no fit marry woman wen de complain say sex too much,,,wen I kW say no b everyday we de fhuck ,,,I rather do the cook make she de rest wait the night life
Your own problem is sex.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by DanDeeBoss(m): 3:45pm On Dec 19, 2018
Hilbertrudolf:
Lol.gringrin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Dec 19, 2018
It's ok to teach her
But my question is, ,,,what has she been learning since she has been living with her parents? Is it How to ground tomato or how to wash the fathers car.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by BeiFangLaye(m): 3:49pm On Dec 19, 2018
Yes, I can marry a woman who doesn't know how to cook over love only if she's ready to learn.
Next?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by DanDeeBoss(m): 3:50pm On Dec 19, 2018
mogbojaiye:
It's ok to teach her
But my question is, ,,,what has she been learning since she has been living with her parents? Is it How to ground tomato or how to wash the fathers car.
Hmmm.... thought provoking..
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2018
Chenzee:
I can vividly recollect, during my university days how beans(cowpea) and garri were so popular in the male hostel. Meanwhile, provision shops prefer to stock more than half of their shops with indomie (noodles) without any sceptism. These shop owners know very well that these noodles will be devoured completely by none other than those in the female hostels.
A friend of mine visited his girlfriend come fiancee several times in her house, and was always welcomed with garnished noodles and chilled soft drinks. It continued for their two years of courtship. Anytime he asks why she isn't cooking any other food, she says it's because she has been busy all through the day.
If he tells her to cook a special delicacy, she spends the whole day cooking and then serves him with a delicious and palatable rubbish (tasteless meal).
I told him that I can only marry a woman who can cook exceptionally well, and can also cook meals I can't cook (especially my traditional meals). I told him that I will be so proud to invite anyone to my house.
They ( My friend and his fiancee) are preparing to get married soon, though they haven't fixed a date yet.
It’s obvious you are still a KID....
Ordinary COOKING.
When GUYs are looking for LADIES with Potentials

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by bigkahuna704(m): 3:54pm On Dec 19, 2018
PrettySleek:
Ok. Most men will say they can't marry a woman that can't cook, which is fine. I have no problem with it at all! Everybody has what they can and can't do without so who am I to say otherwise? Dfferent strokes for different folks,but as for me, I can't marry a man that cannot cook or some house chores, I feel it's a sign of laziness. If we are dating and I discover it, he will learn how to do them, not just for me but for the entire family. What if I travel and I leave him with the children, what if I am sick? What if I am on duty? Does it mean he would starve? That's bad. All parents should teach their children how to do these things to avoid stories that touch. No woman would use food to punish my brother or my son. Marriage na partnership o! Help your spouse in their responsibilities.
You Have Spoken Well.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by DONADAMS(m): 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2018
IMO, which applies to me...I don't think I care so much if you can cook or not..I just think it's an additional advantage cos we can get a cook or she can even learn to cook..I just feel love, and understanding and happiness are what matters every other thing is inconsequential... buh I'll only feel bad when maybe my friend or relative tastes your food and discovers you're not a good cook...nonetheless I have no problem with that tho.. it's just a plus to me

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 3:56pm On Dec 19, 2018
DanDeeBoss:
Hmmm.... thought provoking..

When a lady tells me she can't cook, ,,,i day first shift back, ,,,because I don't even have time for myself dat I will start lecturing someone how to cook, ,,,,,,na wa ooo

Though I taught my ex how to cook, ,,,but guys if u b hustler, ,,u will not have such time and b ready to swallow anything she brings to d table
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by scarybeeeee: 3:57pm On Dec 19, 2018
PrettySleek:
Ok. Most men will say they can't marry a woman that can't cook, which is fine. I have no problem with it at all! Everybody has what they can and can't do without so who am I to say otherwise? Dfferent strokes for different folks,but as for me, I can't marry a man that cannot cook or some house chores, I feel it's a sign of laziness. If we are dating and I discover it, he will learn how to do them, not just for me but for the entire family. What if I travel and I leave him with the children, what if I am sick? What if I am on duty? Does it mean he would starve? That's bad. All parents should teach their children how to do these things to avoid stories that touch. No woman would use food to punish my brother or my son. Marriage na partnership o! Help your spouse in their responsibilities, it would improve your marriage, I can't allow my husband to provide for the family alone it might be overwhelming sometimes, no be slavery! He should also do the same for me. That's love.
so much use of your brain.God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 3:59pm On Dec 19, 2018
EVILFOREST:

It’s obvious you are still a KID....
Ordinary COOKING.
When GUYs are looking for LADIES with Potentials

Oga I assume u are still a teenager, ,,,,or probably u are still living under ur parents room.....when u start living on ur own then come back and comment again......what's potential? Or u wan just blow grammar?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:01pm On Dec 19, 2018
mogbojaiye:

When a lady tells me she can't cook, ,,,i day first shift back, ,,,because I don't even have time for myself dat I will start lecturing someone how to cook, ,,,,,,na wa ooo

Though I taught my ex how to cook, ,,,but guys if u b hustler, ,,u will not have such time and b ready to swallow anything she brings to d table
Lol....Highest, I'd enrol her into catering school.... I'd prefer she tells me earlier, even before wedding...
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by emmie14: 4:01pm On Dec 19, 2018
akinreals:
What's big deal in cooking sef? In my house, anybody that get home first will cook, I love cooking and most time I intentionally get home before my wife just to cook and yes, I have been married for 6 years now and cooking has never been an issue in my house

I married abroad.I cook my food
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by banio: 4:05pm On Dec 19, 2018
Secret of marriage.
1) 50% cooking skill or less
2) 50% of behavior or less
3) 100% bedmatics.

Every man will die for you and won't cheat.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 4:09pm On Dec 19, 2018
DanDeeBoss:
Lol....Highest, I'd enrol her into catering school.... I'd prefer she tells me earlier, even before wedding...

Then u will have to date her abit long enough, ,,some ladies can hide dat part die (cooking)
Remember wen there is lve IT IS ALWAYS BLIND

I want to rush home I don't sleep late outside my parents will b made at me

Let's go to the eatery (when she know say hunger don day hammer una Belle)

If she manage cook, ,,it is likely na from her hux they from cook am come or na occasion food or na collective effort from every member of her family

Bro women too get tactics na God day save person, ,,,,,,,better woman is rear to find and even more rearer to find in nigeria this days
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 19, 2018
banio:
Secret of marriage.
1) 50% cooking skill or less
2) 50% of behavior or less
3) 100% bedmatics.

Every man will die for you and won't cheat.

Nigeria ladies way b like dead log of wood for bed
Bro dat ur 100% bedmatics doesn't work in nigeria o

When I try foreign girls I will compare your data well

But d bed part 9ja girls lazy die,,,,,,,,they b like tortoise......missionary style u go beg....doggystyle na force u go use for them
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:16pm On Dec 19, 2018
mogbojaiye:

Then u will have to date her abit long enough, ,,some ladies can hide dat part die (cooking)
Remember wen there is lve IT IS ALWAYS BLIND

I want to rush home I don't sleep late outside my parents will b made at me

Let's go to the eatery (when she know say hunger don day hammer una Belle)

If she manage cook, ,,it is likely na from her hux they from cook am come or na occasion food or na collective effort from every member of her family

Bro women too get tactics na God day save person, ,,,,,,,better woman is rear to find and even more rearer to find in nigeria this days
Lol... I tell you... Na God go help us.... Though I don't wish to have a lady who doesn't know how to cook,,,, but it won't stop me from marrying her if doesn't ... Make we just dey patch together..
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Naijazure: 4:17pm On Dec 19, 2018
Where is that love supposed to come from nah?

When I can Cook, a woman who should cook can't! Ehrrm, mama might need you back home for some training before we continue tthe marital journey... No offence!

I don't only mean cook, it must be good cookingi or I simply marry a caterer.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by davillian(m): 4:19pm On Dec 19, 2018
Y not we eat out side until she graduates from the catering school.
No body is perfect as long as she is willing to learn then we are good
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by dingbang(m): 4:20pm On Dec 19, 2018
Yes I can marry a woman who doesnt know how to cook on the grounds that she is willing to learn
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 4:22pm On Dec 19, 2018
naijaboiy:
How will I fall in love with a lady that cannot cook in the first place?

Some of you are here saying as long as she is good in other things it doesn't matter. Let me tell you, cooking shouldn't even be counted as what a woman should know how to do. It is expected that she should have learnt it on her own, not because of marriage but as a necessity in taking care of her home in future.

Is it me that will join the women in the kitchen when I take her home to see my parents and we are having a dinner or an occasion? Is it the man that will still cook whenever there are visitors coming to his house? Probably colleagues from work or church members?

Oh! She will have to rush to a restaurant to buy fried rice and chicken when the extended family comes to visit or I should always be cooking and leave my job since I know how to cook. A woman that doesn't know how to cook is not fit to start a family with any man, and I stand on that.

I don't know how we'll allow values to erode us simply because we want to copy something that we can't even practice correctly. Nobody is saying a man shouldn't support, but dammit if you cannot do simple house chores as cooking for the family why am I marrying you? Nobody is asking you to be a chef, just learn how to prepare simple delicacies. Why is that difficult?

Will a lady Fall in love and get married to a jobless man? Abeg stop with senseless questions this sunny afternoon. angry
Different stroke for different persons. Lady may know how to cook but many have bad character many ladies are pretenders

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 4:27pm On Dec 19, 2018
DanDeeBoss:
Lol... I tell you... Na God go help us.... Though I don't wish to have a lady who doesn't know how to cook,,,, but it won't stop me from marrying her if doesn't ... Make we just dey patch together..

Except there is something else u are benefiting from her probably d sex part. ,then u can keep on patching with her o.i will just ask her kindly to spend more time with her mother in the kitchen, ,,while some bring up flamezy excuse of MY MOTHER DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO STAY IN D KITCHEN WITH HER,,,,,,,,,,,me way b hustle I go con get dat time day do add dis add at ....na for university I take get dat time not now again.......

I met one babe one time ago ordinary jollof rice dis baby kw fit cook, ,,,my guy I test test for kitchen tire, ,,baby come and check if d salt is ok, ,come and test if d pepper is ok, ,,come and check if d rice is soft enough

Bro I tire for d matter I know go lie, ,,,i chop d food con tire me self lost appetite completely
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by joepepsy(m): 4:29pm On Dec 19, 2018
You are very timid,old school block head,if your wife can't cook wear the apron and do the cooking,relationship is not about food.
Chenzee:

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Of The Prettiest Nigerian Girls You Are Ever Going To Find On Instagram / I Just caught House Boy Forcing Himself On my Kid Sister / A Nairalander Pre Wedding Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.