Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,826 members, 7,817,410 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? - Romance (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? (19357 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues / "Meet Escobar Smith, a moving Bullion Van who doesn't use calculator when Spendi / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by PunditAfrica(m): 9:24pm On Dec 19, 2018
How A 27 years Old Lagosian Transformed From Being A Lonely Sad Single Guy To Having Three Women FIGHTS Over Him In 3 days: https://adultng.com

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Chenzee(m): 9:26pm On Dec 19, 2018
MannieA:
I cannot enter my husband's house without knowing how to cook like a pro. imma treat him like a king..pump him with food..lolll

I think I like you pieces ooo....
Thank God am still looking for a wife.,
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Chenzee(m): 9:32pm On Dec 19, 2018
elsom:

What's ur bizness

What's ur use....Coz I think ur visiting this thread is useless since u don't have anything to say
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by MannieA(f): 9:38pm On Dec 19, 2018
enambobo:

Confirmed baby! 100% wife material sighted. If you want to kill a man with Love, give him good food.

.as in ehnnn..dey give am better food make e body dey well.
na better food dey make person dey soft o

And I like when guyz eat well.lol.I legit beg my male friends DAT don't eat to eat well
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Mhizrohzz(f): 9:44pm On Dec 19, 2018
okwabayi:
No. It will force me to learn cooking on my own.
If I can cook then of what use are you?
Are u marrying her solely for the purpose of cooking ur meals?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Dec 19, 2018
tragergeorge:
so sex na problem abi?
You are making it look as if its a big deal.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by enambobo(m): 9:58pm On Dec 19, 2018
MannieA:

.as in ehnnn..dey give am better food make e body dey well.
na better food dey make person dey soft o

And I like when guyz eat well.lol.I legit beg my male friends DAT don't eat to eat well
You know that sound he makes when u guys are chatting while eating. He'll be like, urrhhhmm yesh babee urrhhmmm hmm!!
My sister even u self go feel joy inside.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by PrettySleek(f): 10:59pm On Dec 19, 2018
lorhema:

Your view makes sense. I believe it's important for a man to know how to cook.

Unfortunately, even in this day and age, talking with some women, I find that in spite of their education, they feel their sons shouldn't cook but should do other things around the house. Some of these ideas are carryovers from their cultures. So there will be some men who don't know how to cook because they didn't have the opportunity to learn to do it.

I think you might miss something if you insist on ticking that box. My beloved didn't know how to cook but he is no longer a stranger in the kitchen. When I'm tired, he helps out. He's not like my dad who shopped and cooked but he has tried.

You can help your man to understand why he needs to know how to cook and then teach him to cook especially in the early days of marriage when there's just the two of you.

Hmmmm thanks, I appreciate your view. I have learnt a thing or two.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by PrettySleek(f): 11:00pm On Dec 19, 2018
Snow87:
I don't know that we still have young ladies that reason like this. Abeg how much is bride price for ur area, I am in love already.
Young ladies like me are many o, you guys call us boring grin, bride price no expensive at all
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by tatacherie: 11:38pm On Dec 19, 2018
No big deal
Enroll her in a catering school before d wedding
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Franklyine: 11:51pm On Dec 19, 2018
Mariangeles:
But it's normal if she gets back from an energy sapping job and dashes straight into the kitchen abi ??
angry
Like that STUPID AD from Maggi ... angry
I get stressed for that woman just by watching that STUPID AD angry
We know she is lying. She has dozens of helpers.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by agylistic77: 11:53pm On Dec 19, 2018
Any girl that want to get married to a man should know how to cook delicious food.. My aunty that cannot cook suffers it now because her husband does not eat her food but prefer to pay someone else to prepare food for him and he use that opportunity to bring different women home by calling them catering..I'm sure this cooking thing delay her marriage because as soon as she visit her boyfriend they will just call off the relationship.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 12:30am On Dec 20, 2018
secpowell:
Every lady that comments above me,keep talking about love. I repeat,many Nigeria women are only in love with your money. I wonder why the keep deceiving themselves with love stories.
well, I know I believe in love, and I know I've never been drawn to a guy because of his money. I depend completely on my parents and sometimes work for my own money. I've never known what its like to be rich. To get what you want when you want it. So, for a guy to think I'd be attracted to him because he's rich even if he's a complete asshole...that's like an insult to me. In fact, the reason am still single is because am BROKE. I practice what I preach man. Am not saying it because I want to impress you, just so you know every 'Nigerian girl' is not the same. Truth is, most of y'all keep going after those girls who are after your money. They reject you because you're broke, you go out and make small money and run after them again. Now almost every guy thinks that he has to make money If he ever wants to get a girl. That 'real' men are the ones who have money. That in a relationship it's their duty to provide for their girlfriends. Our society has accepted this stereotype. Now 'every' girl thinks she's entitled to her boyfriend's money. ALSO, I've heard a lot of men say Nigerian girls have nothing to offer apart from sex. Truth is.. I think most Nigerian guys have nothing to offer apart from MONEY. It's really not just about the money, but most of y'all make about the money now that's how everyone sees it. So, you think every girl is in love with the money. Oh no. Those girls think they got themselves a 'real' man. That's why. So are we gonna blame?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 12:38am On Dec 20, 2018
OneSentence:

lol...you have a point there but unlike most people I fall in love with my head and not my heart. I've been able to train myself to look at a girl I admire, no matter how pretty, and treat her like any other gurl and with time the feeling dies.
You're scared of falling in love?
And you get tired of people easily?
I can almost relate though. If I ever have a crush on someone... I'd never really admit that I like them. Lol. And with time the feeling fades. I don't know if in this life I could ever love someone as much as I love myself, but I keep believing that the right thing will happen at the right time, and when you meet the right person, somehow you'd know.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by MissRaine69(f): 1:21am On Dec 20, 2018
okwabayi:
No. It will force me to learn cooking on my own.
If I can cook then of what use are you?
You will forever be disappointed with that archaic mindset of yours.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 5:42am On Dec 20, 2018
akinreals:
What's big deal in cooking sef? In my house, anybody that get home first will cook, I love cooking and most time I intentionally get home before my wife just to cook and yes, I have been married for 6 years now and cooking has never been an issue in my house
I am sure you live in abuja, cos I am sure as hell if you live in lagos you will want to run home first to cook..
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by tragergeorge(m): 5:46am On Dec 20, 2018
Valerie47:
You are making it look as if its a big deal.
abi na u de take as big deal,,you no see d part wen I say I go gladly do the cooking anytime she don't feel like,,na d sex part wen b say woman no de tire for
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by MannieA(f): 6:35am On Dec 20, 2018
enambobo:

You know that sound he makes when u guys are chatting while eating. He'll be like, urrhhhmm yesh babee urrhhmmm hmm!!
My sister even u self go feel joy inside.

confam!!!lol..Good morning

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Snow87(m): 8:54am On Dec 20, 2018
PrettySleek:

Young ladies like me are many o, you guys call us boring grin, bride price no expensive at all
come let's reason together na
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by DBlackCeazer(m): 9:09am On Dec 20, 2018
Ẹ go hard o, really like a healthy, tasty meal
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Dshocker(m): 9:58am On Dec 20, 2018
Chenzee:
I can vividly recollect, during my university days how beans(cowpea) and garri were so popular in the male hostel. Meanwhile, provision shops prefer to stock more than half of their shops with indomie (noodles) without any sceptism. These shop owners know very well that these noodles will be devoured completely by none other than those in the female hostels.
A friend of mine visited his girlfriend come fiancee several times in her house, and was always welcomed with garnished noodles and chilled soft drinks. It continued for their two years of courtship. Anytime he asks why she isn't cooking any other food, she says it's because she has been busy all through the day.
If he tells her to cook a special delicacy, she spends the whole day cooking and then serves him with a delicious and palatable rubbish (tasteless meal).
I told him that I can only marry a woman who can cook exceptionally well, and can also cook meals I can't cook (especially my traditional meals). I told him that I will be so proud to invite anyone to my house.
They ( My friend and his fiancee) are preparing to get married soon, though they haven't fixed a date yet.
I need your candid and unbiased advice. Thanks.

Let him enroll her in a cooking class,that runs during the weekend
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Anfieldboss: 9:59am On Dec 20, 2018
Yeah if that's her only flaw, I can. I will teach her, I am a good cook myself.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by KhadyM(f): 10:21am On Dec 20, 2018
maynia:
Where did the traditional African go to?, the woman who cooked, cleaned, took care of the house and was submissive

Blame God you werent born in a different generation
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Chenzee(m): 11:07am On Dec 20, 2018
Am learning alot..Thanks.... I guess my friend got some little tidying he needs to do before d wedding abi?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by moko123: 11:18am On Dec 20, 2018
Info

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 12:45pm On Dec 20, 2018
KhadyM:

Blame God you werent born in a different generation

craze world
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by MrMacinterchi1: 1:06pm On Dec 20, 2018
SweetBuns:
What the hell happened to brushing her up and teaching her?
Nigerian men and their unrealistic expectations form us.
Tell me if you don't have any shortcomings yourself. Love is not all about food. Its way more than that.
You need to change the way you see and think about love and marriage. It goes beyond a delicious meal

What if the person doesn't want to learn?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by MrMacinterchi1: 1:14pm On Dec 20, 2018
maxiuc:
cheesy

I know how to Cook so I can teach her
But she should make sure that she is an expert in za oda room I can't be teaching you how to Cook and also be teaching you how devour me in za oda room ,she should either be expert in Cooking or expert in za oda room two options let her choose from it

But seriously I can't marry because of love only who love help

I Love many girls but I trust none is all about marrying who you trust

There you are bro, love and trust should/must go hand in hand for one to have total rest.

But eeh this one u come de love many beauties on skirt.. Hehe
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by MrMacinterchi1: 1:36pm On Dec 20, 2018
joepepsy:
You are very timid,old school block head,if your wife can't cook wear the apron and do the cooking,relationship is not about food.

My bro, na lie u lie so. E follow join.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by joepepsy(m): 2:06pm On Dec 20, 2018
If the girl you really love and you later discover she can't cook, and you are a very good cook,will end the relationship?
MrMacinterchi1:

My bro, na lie u lie so. E follow join.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2018
chiefqueen:

You're scared of falling in love?
And you get tired of people easily?
I can almost relate though. If I ever have a crush on someone... I'd never really admit that I like them. Lol. And with time the feeling fades. I don't know if in this life I could ever love someone as much as I love myself, but I keep believing that the right thing will happen at the right time, and when you meet the right person, somehow you'd know.
well said ma'am. at the right time everything falls into place with such ease. it not that I get tired of people easily. I make a conscious effort to kill whatever crush I have on them. it's normal to hav such crushes but it takes strength to avoid acting on them.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations In Nigeria. / What To Do With A Cheating Boyfriend? / Types Of Breast You Can Find In Nigeria (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.