Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,205 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:14 AM

Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? (19322 Views)

My Girlfriend Doesn't Know I Have Mental Issues / "Meet Escobar Smith, a moving Bullion Van who doesn't use calculator when Spendi / Ladies, Can You Marry A Guy Who Doesn't Spend On You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by xianah(f): 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2018
No big deal if she can't cook,she can learn,I have frnds that can't cook reason because after secondary school straight to university,if u have a babe dat can't cook please teach her,and cooking shuldnt be for the ladies alone please naija guys also learn how to cook so u can assist ur woman in the kitchen;don't say because u gonna get marry,u will now turn ur wife to house maid,always assist .

3 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Dec 19, 2018
Sultty:
D choice is for your friend to decide. So far that there is Love who cares about food, if they are rich they can even hire a stay-in cook and on the other hand she can be thought how to cook
It is not advisable for them to hire a cook even if they are rich. The woman should know how to cook while she might have an assistant to help in the house chore
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Dec 19, 2018
maxiuc:
cheesy

I know how to Cook so I can teach her
But she should make sure that she is an expert in za oda room I can't be teaching you how to Cook and also be teaching you how devour me in za oda room ,she should either be expert in Cooking or expert in za oda room two options let her choose from it

But seriously I can't marry because of love only who love help

I Love many girls but I trust none is all about marrying who you trust
As grow with time you would understand the power of love.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Dec 19, 2018
asuustrike1:

Different stroke for different persons. Lady may know how to cook but many have bad character many ladies are pretenders

No lady will show her tru character untill u don marry them put for hux

Only few don't pretend

That's why many marriages don't last today because, ,,,most lady are after what day tend to get from the marriage and not d love for the person(man)

Only to enter d marriage and discover that they are not satisfied, ,,,,and wahala start coming watin go end am na divorce.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Sultty(m): 4:34pm On Dec 19, 2018
asuustrike1:

It is not advisable for them to hire a cook even if they are rich. The woman should know how to cook while she might have an assistant to help in the house chore
Typical naija mentality. We should out do these old school ideas of "by force she must always cook" if she learns it good for her and if not a cook is fine for d few rich ones

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2018
asuustrike1:

Don't mind d person no b only higher a cook
Watin I con pay bride price for?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Dec 19, 2018
mogbojaiye:

No lady will show her tru character untill u don marry them put for hux

Only few don't pretend

That's why many marriages don't last today because, ,,,most lady are after what day tend to get from the marriage and not d love for the person(man)

Only to enter d marriage and discover that they are not satisfied, ,,,,and wahala start coming watin go end am na divorce.
If you court a lady for certain period, you should be able to figure it out if she is pretending or not. A character can not be hidden for long

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Dec 19, 2018
asuustrike1:

If you court a lady for certain period, you should be able to figure it out if she is pretending or not. A character can not be hidden for long

U never jam dats y

Why do u think most white guys don't do marriage instead they will just tell d lady to move in with them, ,,,,born there if she start misbehaving day part ways (separate)

Woman way get motive will just stay low key, ,,,
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by don4real18(m): 4:39pm On Dec 19, 2018
kennygee:
This issue of marrying a woman who doesn't know how to cook, I use to think it was a big deal till I met someone who told me her dad cooks their meals cause their mum doesn't know how to. Plus her dad enjoyed cooking.

Her parents are grandparents now and still together.

If you know you can't deal with it as a man, let her know. If she's willing to learn, teach her or enroll her in catering school.

Or be the chef in the marriage. different strokes, different folks.
90% of your likes came from girls who can't cook... Stop encouraging them grin

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:40pm On Dec 19, 2018
mogbojaiye:

Except there is something else u are benefiting from her probably d sex part. ,then u can keep on patching with her o.i will just ask her kindly to spend more time with her mother in the kitchen, ,,while some bring up flamezy excuse of MY MOTHER DOESN'T ALLOW ME TO STAY IN D KITCHEN WITH HER,,,,,,,,,,,me way b hustle I go con get dat time day do add dis add at ....na for university I take get dat time not now again.......

I met one babe one time ago ordinary jollof rice dis baby kw fit cook, ,,,my guy I test test for kitchen tire, ,,baby come and check if d salt is ok, ,come and test if d pepper is ok, ,,come and check if d rice is soft enough

Bro I tire for d matter I know go lie, ,,,i chop d food con tire me self lost appetite completely
buhahahahahaha... Wetin dey pain me pass na the flimsy excuses wey dem dey give.... Most weren't serious to learn..... Make she Just go catering school kawai...
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 19, 2018
DanDeeBoss:
buhahahahahaha... Wetin dey pain me pass na the flimsy excuses wey dem dey give.... Most weren't serious to learn..... Make she Just go catering school kawai...

That's better......I know wahala way I face while growing up
So make she kw just bring her own wahala come join my own
Make she just go learn, ,,,we go split d bill so she go serious for the learning else, ,,she will think she is doing the you a favor
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Seandisputed(m): 4:43pm On Dec 19, 2018
This talk of a lady not knowing how to Cook baffles me...is it that most times their food is tasteless or they are really bad at it?

Those ones are the types that would know every nooks and crannies in the neighborhood while their moms sweat their asses off in the kitchen but when it comes to sex, they know everything about karma sutra.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Legendguy(m): 4:44pm On Dec 19, 2018
If you can cook as a woman, then what have you being doing with your life since, doing oloshoism?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 4:45pm On Dec 19, 2018
Chenzee:
I can vividly recollect, during my university days how beans(cowpea) and garri were so popular in the male hostel. Meanwhile, provision shops prefer to stock more than half of their shops with indomie (noodles) without any sceptism. These shop owners know very well that these noodles will be devoured completely by none other than those in the female hostels.
A friend of mine visited his girlfriend come fiancee several times in her house, and was always welcomed with garnished noodles and chilled soft drinks. It continued for their two years of courtship. Anytime he asks why she isn't cooking any other food, she says it's because she has been busy all through the day.
If he tells her to cook a special delicacy, she spends the whole day cooking and then serves him with a delicious and palatable rubbish (tasteless meal).
I told him that I can only marry a woman who can cook exceptionally well, and can also cook meals I can't cook (especially my traditional meals). I told him that I will be so proud to invite anyone to my house.
They ( My friend and his fiancee) are preparing to get married soon, though they haven't fixed a date yet.
I need your candid and unbiased advice. Thanks.

It takes less than 30 days to learn how to cook all dishes within a tribe
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by DanDeeBoss(m): 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2018
mogbojaiye:

That's better......I know wahala way I face while growing up
So make she kw just bring her own wahala come join my own
Make she just go learn, ,,,we go split d bill so she go serious for the learning else, ,,she will think she is doing the you a favor
Lol Abi... God help us...
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Dec 19, 2018
Sultty:

Typical naija mentality. We should out do these old school ideas of "by force she must always cook" if she learns it good for her and if not a cook is fine for d few rich ones
You wouldn't understand until you enter marriage. Just food alone can scatter marriage. From oga come chop to oga come do
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2018
mogbojaiye:

U never jam dats y

Why do u think most white guys don't do marriage instead they will just tell d lady to move in with them, ,,,,born there if she start misbehaving day part ways (separate)

Woman way get motive will just stay low key, ,,,
We are saying same thing from different angle
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Dec 19, 2018
DanDeeBoss:
Lol Abi... God help us...

U wan teach woman how to cook except u are jobless as a man....make she go meet her mama or make she go register for eatery
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 4:56pm On Dec 19, 2018
okwabayi:
No. It will force me to learn cooking on my own.
If I can cook then of what use are you?

So, in essence, what you're saying is, a woman solely belongs to the kitchen?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2018
Seandisputed:
This talk of a lady not knowing how to Cook baffles me...is it that most times their food is tasteless or they are really bad at it?

Those ones are the types that would know every nooks and crannies in the neighborhood while their moms sweat their asses off in the kitchen but when it comes to sex, they know everything about karma sutra.

Lol those girls knows all the bad boys in the area .
They can even tell u how the bed of the area guys looks like
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by mechanics(m): 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2018
For a would be wife that don't know how to cook won't auger well for the family, a good wife should also be a good cook, and you know it's her food that will attract him to the house immediately after work, but when she can't cook the reverse is the case.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 5:00pm On Dec 19, 2018
don4real18:

90% of your likes came from girls who can't cook... Stop encouraging them grin

Don't mind d foolish guy
The father must b a pussy nigger.....with his big mouth saying his mother doesn't know how to cook

Shame on the guy
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 5:01pm On Dec 19, 2018
asuustrike1:

We are saying same thing from different angle

Am adding to ur point
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by DanDeeBoss(m): 5:02pm On Dec 19, 2018
mogbojaiye:

U wan teach woman how to cook except u are jobless as a man....make she go meet her mama or make she go register for eatery
Me wey be guy lock up learn how to cook talk less.... That's the highest I can do.... I fit dey put her through in the course of her learning,that's if I no dey busy
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by lorhema(f): 5:03pm On Dec 19, 2018
PrettySleek:
Ok. Most men will say they can't marry a woman that can't cook, which is fine. I have no problem with it at all! Everybody has what they can and can't do without so who am I to say otherwise? Dfferent strokes for different folks,but as for me, I can't marry a man that cannot cook or some house chores, I feel it's a sign of laziness. If we are dating and I discover it, he will learn how to do them, not just for me but for the entire family. What if I travel and I leave him with the children, what if I am sick? What if I am on duty? Does it mean he would starve? That's bad. All parents should teach their children how to do these things to avoid stories that touch. No woman would use food to punish my brother or my son. Marriage na partnership o! Help your spouse in their responsibilities, it would improve your marriage, I can't allow my husband to provide for the family alone it might be overwhelming sometimes, no be slavery! He should also do the same for me. That's love.

Your view makes sense. I believe it's important for a man to know how to cook.

Unfortunately, even in this day and age, talking with some women, I find that in spite of their education, they feel their sons shouldn't cook but should do other things around the house. Some of these ideas are carryovers from their cultures. So there will be some men who don't know how to cook because they didn't have the opportunity to learn to do it.

I think you might miss something if you insist on ticking that box. My beloved didn't know how to cook but he is no longer a stranger in the kitchen. When I'm tired, he helps out. He's not like my dad who shopped and cooked but he has tried.

You can help your man to understand why he needs to know how to cook and then teach him to cook especially in the early days of marriage when there's just the two of you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by viktor01(m): 5:04pm On Dec 19, 2018
naijaboiy:
How will I fall in love with a lady that cannot cook in the first place?

Some of you are here saying as long as she is good in other things it doesn't matter. Let me tell you, cooking shouldn't even be counted as what a woman should know how to do. It is expected that she should have learnt it on her own, not because of marriage but as a necessity in taking care of her home in future.

Is it me that will join the women in the kitchen when I take her home to see my parents and we are having a dinner or an occasion? Is it the man that will still cook whenever there are visitors coming to his house? Probably colleagues from work or church members?

Oh! She will have to rush to a restaurant to buy fried rice and chicken when the extended family comes to visit or I should always be cooking and leave my job since I know how to cook. A woman that doesn't know how to cook is not fit to start a family with any man, and I stand on that.

I don't know how we'll allow values to erode us simply because we want to copy something that we can't even practice correctly. Nobody is saying a man shouldn't support, but dammit if you cannot do simple house chores as cooking for the family why am I marrying you? Nobody is asking you to be a chef, just learn how to prepare simple delicacies. Why is that difficult?

Will a lady Fall in love and get married to a jobless man? Abeg stop with senseless questions this sunny afternoon. angry

[b]Bar Man...!

A chilled maltina for this man filled with sense.[/b]

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Bigjoe15: 5:06pm On Dec 19, 2018
[color=#000099][/color]i love cooking myself
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by viktor01(m): 5:07pm On Dec 19, 2018
Like seriously what will I be doing with a woman who can't cook?

As far as I am concerned, that on it's own is a red flag which cannot be overlooked.
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by nextstep(m): 5:18pm On Dec 19, 2018
viktor01:
Like seriously what will I be doing with a woman who can't cook?

As far as I am concerned, that on it's own is a red flag which cannot be overlooked.

Good love is not that easy to find; somebody can always learn to cook, and if love is there, will do it for your sake.

1 Like

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by bimgo: 5:19pm On Dec 19, 2018
Must it be only wife that should know how to cook, both of us cook at home, wash plate, sweep etc. Woman should not also marry a lazy man in the kitchen probably a man that can not cook. spit.

2 Likes

Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Dec 19, 2018
chiefqueen:

Cho Cho Cho until you fall in love
You want to tell me that if you meet someone now, fall for her, and you propose to her, then you find out she can't cook you'd break up with her?
Easier said than done man, easier said than done. Unless you're not marrying for love.

There is more to marriage that just loving!

Don't push your opinion on others, why being so excessive?
Re: Can You Marry A Lady Who Doesn't Know How To Cook Because Of Love? by Nobody: 5:34pm On Dec 19, 2018
bimgo:
Must it be only wife that should know how to cook, both of us cook at home, wash plate, sweep etc. Woman should not also marry a lazy man in the kitchen probably a man that can not cook. spit.

Marriage is not 50/50

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Population Of Single Ladies Are Becoming Too High, how Can We Help / NGOs Distribute Free Condoms In Abuja / DEMONIC: Airforce1 Vs Explorers — This Is What I Found [PICTURE]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.