Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,860 members, 7,810,287 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:43 AM

My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. - Romance (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. (48132 Views)

My Relationship Of 9 Months Just Crashed / I'm About To Break Up My Relationship Of 3 Years Due To Indecent Dressing / Help! My Relationship Of 7 Years Is About To Sink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Dayg88(m): 8:09am On Dec 21, 2018
I hope the poster gets to see this. You have made your decision to go ahead for the February date, you are only seeking validation. How can you defend your girl and her family so much and not see the good or truth in what your mum is telling you? Do you even value yourself? I mean, your girl's family should give you respect and regard and not threaten you at every opportunity they get to do that. Even if you think she is better than you, is that how you want to be second guessed in your marital life?
Please, if you know what is best for you, consult your mummy, get a date you feel is final and revert to your girl's family. Give them a take it or leave it offer like they gave to you. Then see if your girl will fight for you or let you sink without a fight.
Like some people said earlier, I don't think you are ready in the real sense of readiness for marriage....
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Nobody: 8:15am On Dec 21, 2018
It's not easy to leave relationship of 2years and above. Even if you don't like your partner anymore due to some attitude you not satisfied with, you will still find it difficult to quit the relationship because you have been together for long.

So you are used to it. The callings, seeing eachother e.t c unless u get a better replacement ASAP to occupy the void.
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by excessmon(m): 8:16am On Dec 21, 2018
Y are most comments favouring the guy and hitting hard on the lady.....I observed some key points in the write up of the op

1. If his Lady is 30 he is in early 30s or late 30s.....is it too early for him to get marry?

2. A man at early 30s is he too early to marry?

3. A man at early 30s that can't take decisions for himself what kind of man is he?

4. A relationship of three years without a reason to continue....what kind of man is that?

5. Y will a guy be so irresponsible to be scared cos his woman works and earn for herself to help him......

Finally as a man decide with your mother and not ur mom deciding for you cos she will blame you for the decisions you are suppose to take....

I adore the lady for trying to mend the life of a man that can't decide like you!!!!

My piece though

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Dayg88(m): 8:17am On Dec 21, 2018
LadyHeaven:
Lol, very hypocritic forum, if it where to be the other way round that the lady keeps asking the dude to shift the wedding after 3 years of dating, i am pretty sure the whole forum would have brutally cussed out and demeaned the lady as not been ready and probably taking D from someone behind, the Op reasons for shifting the date isn't convincing no sane human being would be comfortable been treated that way, doubt would start tricking in, fears start building, is he waiting for someone else, am i really his choice, does he want to dump me and travel out secretly with someone else? why does he keep shifting the goal post everytime for flimsy reasons?

We are all human Op before we make decisions we should learn to flip the coin and put ourselves on the receiving position, ignore all this chop clean mouth guys on NL a lot of them are loners who cant even keep a pet or are in extremely loving relationships but choose to be online trolls, Love is rare to find if she is the one make it work, you are the man

You are not getting the point ma'am. Love alone is not everything. In fact, what a man desires most is respect/regard. From what I see, the poster is not consistent. But should his in-laws threaten him by asking the wedding to be called off if it doesn't take place in February. He went ahead to beg the family to marry their daughter which is something demeaning to do. You ask for a girls hand in marriage not beg. If he is not taking her serious, then why would he wanna ho against his mum. If you had a brother in his shoes, you'll really tell him to go ahead with his in-laws wishes when it is obvious he will be treated like shit? And if he was your son, you'll keep quiet and let him go ahead?
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by NathanAnomaly: 8:17am On Dec 21, 2018
2buffagain:
You need to call both your fiance and your mother to order.
Both females are over reaching and misbehaving.
Be sure to address and treat the disrespect from both of them...

Regarding your mom...I can tell you are a weak mama's boy who has never had the gall to call your misbehaving parents to order before and setting boundaries. You need to have become comfortable with this prior to your wedding....or it will not end with the wedding. You are less able to do this though if you are not paying for your own wedding....which you should tbh.

Regarding your girl, If you decide not to marry the girl, she'll see who will lose.
You are the man. Your desires matter too. If she doesn't believe this, tell her to go find another groom for HER wedding.

After you are done treating each person's fuckup and bringing them to reality, sit down like a man and choose how you want to move forward.

bro u have said it all, even the guy mama get her own fault,

he should treat all their fvck ups separately.

he should call his mom to order, and also talk sense into his girlfriend.

that's how u lay down the marker, stamp your foot down take authority as a man.

I am a guy and I so much hate mom's boys eh, I wonder how girls who date them do cope.

the major problem here is the guy, even if he is 40 years old, I don't care, he is still too immature to get married.

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Dayg88(m): 8:19am On Dec 21, 2018
excessmon:
Y are most comments favouring the guy and hitting hard on the lady.....I observed some key points in the write up of the op

1. If his Lady is 30 he is in early 30s or late 30s.....is it too early for him to get marry?

2. A man at early 30s is he too early to marry?

3. A man at early 30s that can't take decisions for himself what kind of man is he?

4. A relationship of three years without a reason to continue....what kind of man is that?

5. Y will a guy be so irresponsible to be scared cos his woman works and earn for herself to help him......

Finally as a man decide with your mother and not ur mom deciding for you cos she will blame you for the decisions you are suppose to take....

I adore the lady for trying to mend the life of a man that can't decide like you!!!!

My piece though

Being ready for marriage is not age related in anyway. And the girl is not mending his life, she is destroying it. Why is the girl's family dictating for her too? You think that is cool?
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Nobody: 8:20am On Dec 21, 2018
Dogalmighty17:
I have dated this girl for three years. We fixed a date for the wedding for late this year. However, events seemingly out of my control necessitated that I shift the wedding to February next year. Initially, she was against the shift but I pleaded with her.

Sometime in August this year, we had a disagreement because I noticed she was being disrespectful towards me. She is hardworking, cooks well and is very business oriented. But her sense of independence makes her struggle with submission to her man. I told her how uncomfortable I was with it and she's promised to make amends. She has but from time to time, her old self comes out.

I was at a loss on what to do that I had to voice out the issue to her family. When they asked her, she told them that since I requested for a shift in wedding date, she became uncomfortable with the relationship. Her family then told her to call off the relationship. I got to know about this decision and I called her and she said she was going to obey the wishes of her family. Her mom also told me that since I keep complaining about her daughters lack of respect, I should leave her daughter alone. It took serious pleading from me before the family accepted the continuing of the relationship. They asked me that since the date I initially agreed for the wedding wasn't going to be convenient for me, when then do I think will be convenient? Since I didn't want to loose my woman, I mentioned February. The desperation on my path was much.

My mom on the other hand wants a wedding in April. She has said February is not convenient for her. All my pleas have fell on deaf ears. She has threatened not to bless the union and has even gone as far as threatening to curse me with her breasts if I wed in February.

My girl has refused to even entertain the thought of shifting the date again. She maintains that it is better that we outrightly call off the wedding, than shift it again. I understand her fears. She feels that I may just be wasting her time. I am not

This is my dilemma. Should I go with my woman who has spent three years of her life with me or do I go with my mom?

I must also mention that my mom was informed of the initial date of the wedding over a year ago. But she foot dragged in her support for months until much later in the year that I now had to take issues into my own hands.

This exactly what happen to me in 2015 September. My brother leave that lady and her family cause your going to regrets after 2 years. The lady will try all her best to control you and when she fail she seek assist of her family and when the family fail they will call her back to leave the marriage. And if God want to suffer you the Union will be blessed with a child by the time they call her back you start paying for child and mother care while planning to marry again.that lack of respect is reason the family want her out as fast as you can't imaging. Leave her for your future, I witness what your passing through today she gone and am happy married

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by descartes400: 8:20am On Dec 21, 2018
chloride6:
Sorry OP but your mom is daft

grin

If only you knew who you father was from the numerous men that visited your Mother at night, you won't be here advertising your stupidity on cyberspace for the world to see.
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Nobodys(f): 8:22am On Dec 21, 2018
lawman88:
you mean your mother threatebed to curse you just because she is not comfortable with the wedding date? please go with your woman. A CURSELESS CURSE SHALL NOT STAND....
That part got me though......

Try to explain things to your woman, this is a woman that you want to spend forever with, she should understand you and your fears, your desperation, literally she should be able to read you..... If you both can't settle something as simple as wedding dates then I wonder what will happen when complex issues arise in the future....

She needs to understand that you ain't playing her, btw Feb and April Na just 3months, she should understand, talk to her....

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by akinbode1(m): 8:27am On Dec 21, 2018
Don't let Love blind fold you, if she can't submit to you now, she won't submit when you get marry to her that is the reality and her parent will still be controlling your Home.

My advice!!!!

God and pray, stand on ur word and be a Man..
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Nobodys(f): 8:27am On Dec 21, 2018
Dayg88:

Being ready for marriage is not age related in anyway. And the girl is not mending his life, she is destroying it. Why is the girl's family dictating for her too? You think that is cool?
Isn't the guy's family dictating for him also?....

The mum ain't a saint though, she should be considerate as a mother and not threaten to curse her own child, who does that?.....

Don't know Y some peeps like building mountains out of mole hills.
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Dayg88(m): 8:30am On Dec 21, 2018
Eberechi24:

You didn't read this part
"I was at a loss on what to do that I had to voice out the issue to her family. When they asked her, she told them that since I requested for a shift in wedding date, she became uncomfortable with the relationship."

It's not as if the girl is stubborn, she is type that listen to critique and tries to amend, am not holding brief for her.

February shift is not the issue here, he is proposing another shifting to April-his mom didn't approve the February shift which the girl won't be comfortable with. She may feels the guy is not serious and deliberately delaying the whole thing.

Dude, if the guy wants this marriage to work, he has to be realistic with himself. He is obviously in this relationship for both of them. Will he marry for both of them? Why are you ignoring the key point of this write up. Love is cool and all, but rejection hurts. The guy has been rejected and seems he needs validation from the lady's parent. Is he gonna continue that for the rest of his life? If it were the guy that threatened to cancel the wedding I am sure most of the female folks supporting the lady would have been crying foul.
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by excessmon(m): 8:31am On Dec 21, 2018
Nope its not that way....I'm not comfortable with it ...however I believe if the guy had been man enough I'm sure things won't get to this level
Dayg88:

Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Dayg88(m): 8:35am On Dec 21, 2018
Nobodys:
Isn't the guy's family dictating for him also?....

The mum ain't a saint though, she should be considerate as a mother and not threaten to curse her own child, who does that?.....

Don't know Y some peeps like building mountains out of mole hills.

The guy's mum will definitely have issues when she is trying to protect her son. You don't get what it feels to be rejected? How would you feel ma'am, if your son is been treated that way. First, he has to beg the family so he can marry the girl due to an attitude he asked her to change. I am sure the mum was aware of that. Then the issue of change in date came up. You threatened also that if it doesn't hold in that month, the wedding is over. If he is not taking the girl serious, would he have to beg? I mean who begs to marry someone? Is he gonna do that for the rest of his life? The mum probably saw this and she is not cool with that.

The son sees issues with his mum for the April date but no issues in being given an ultimatum by his in-laws?

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Dayg88(m): 8:41am On Dec 21, 2018
excessmon:

Nope its not that way....I'm not comfortable with it ...however I believe if the guy had been man enough I'm sure things won't get to this level

I agree, the guy is not man enough and the in-laws wanna take advantage of that. Mum is 'maybe' trying to protect himself or herself. Is it proper to threaten the guy? It is like the girl is not really into getting married to the guy. Let her get a groom to get married to in February
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Benbobola(m): 8:45am On Dec 21, 2018
Dogalmighty17:
I have dated this girl for three years. We fixed a date for the wedding for late this year. However, events seemingly out of my control necessitated that I shift the wedding to February next year. Initially, she was against the shift but I pleaded with her.

Sometime in August this year, we had a disagreement because I noticed she was being disrespectful towards me. She is hardworking, cooks well and is very business oriented. But her sense of independence makes her struggle with submission to her man. I told her how uncomfortable I was with it and she's promised to make amends. She has but from time to time, her old self comes out.

I was at a loss on what to do that I had to voice out the issue to her family. When they asked her, she told them that since I requested for a shift in wedding date, she became uncomfortable with the relationship. Her family then told her to call off the relationship. I got to know about this decision and I called her and she said she was going to obey the wishes of her family. Her mom also told me that since I keep complaining about her daughters lack of respect, I should leave her daughter alone. It took serious pleading from me before the family accepted the continuing of the relationship. They asked me that since the date I initially agreed for the wedding wasn't going to be convenient for me, when then do I think will be convenient? Since I didn't want to loose my woman, I mentioned February. The desperation on my path was much.

My mom on the other hand wants a wedding in April. She has said February is not convenient for her. All my pleas have fell on deaf ears. She has threatened not to bless the union and has even gone as far as threatening to curse me with her breasts if I wed in February.

My girl has refused to even entertain the thought of shifting the date again. She maintains that it is better that we outrightly call off the wedding, than shift it again. I understand her fears. She feels that I may just be wasting her time. I am not

This is my dilemma. Should I go with my woman who has spent three years of her life with me or do I go with my mom?

I must also mention that my mom was informed of the initial date of the wedding over a year ago. But she foot dragged in her support for months until much later in the year that I now had to take issues into my own hands.
Mr. Man, take a walk. You won't die if you don't marry her.
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Benbobola(m): 8:52am On Dec 21, 2018
prettyesther20:
From this, I think your mom is the problem. She is not accommodating maybe u are a mummy's boy and she's trying to wrap her fingers around you. Oga man up biko

Why will a mother even having a thought of cursing his son just because of wedding date. Hmm your mom is trouble
This right here is the problem. How does a curse come into play just because of wedding date? Haba!
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Nobody: 8:53am On Dec 21, 2018
BabaIbo:

I know none of them is good, I'm only saying should incase the guy is in already. When the in law are good and the wife has a bad character, the in law will always criticize the wife when she misbehave and support the husband, that action always go a long way to correct the wife. Unlike bad in laws that will always support their daughter even when she did something bad

Yeah u are right

And it take a very sensible in laws to b neutral wen a disagreement occur bw the wife and d husband, remember say na who first report case they win case, mostly when the lady doesn't write about good report about d husband,

And the truth is many ladies ladies of these days marry because of what they stand to gain from the guy house hold (e people get money, e people day abroad), and not because of love which is just 20% ....dats y any little matter they don run go their papa hux

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by AdeniyiA(m): 8:54am On Dec 21, 2018
Dogalmighty17:

Her family has been very accommodating. They have been open to see my mom. My mom however, keeps finding one excuse or another not to go.
Bro your story is both complicated nd simple. Maybe if we hear from your mum her own side we could know what to say but if it's only date that warranted curse then you have no mother, sorry to say. Mothers are always happy and supportive of their sons getting married if they don't have issues with d girl or her family.
You need to sit your wife down and;
1.thrash out how you will keep your home from parental/external influence
2. Decide on what type(glamourous ,moderate or court) of wedding you wish to do.
I dont know how financially buoyant you're but from the kind of woman u described, you need a stable source of income wt 6digits salary to keep her continually submissive ,if she starts sustaining the home just kiss submission goodbye. Use your brain NOW! Or else you might regret it in marriage. I speak from experience.
Do not let desperation sets in or make her family sense it, they should want d wedding more than you do.
I can also say that the girl seems not completely into you. By and large you've been together for 3 yrs so you should know her better.
I might be wrong but i suspect she might be having someone else besides you as a backup, do you?
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by excessmon(m): 8:54am On Dec 21, 2018
Mum won't be involved if ideal things are done...mum is acting like a typical Yoruba woman ...he should know wat to do....guy should just liberate himself first cos he don fuckup himself
Dayg88:

I agree, the guy is not man enough and the in-laws wanna take advantage of that. Mum is 'maybe' trying to protect himself or herself. Is it proper to threaten the guy? It is like the girl is not really into getting married to the guy. Let her get a groom to get married to in February
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Nobodys(f): 8:55am On Dec 21, 2018
Dayg88:

The guy's mum will definitely have issues when she is trying to protect her son. You don't get what it feels to be rejected? How would you feel ma'am, if your son is been treated that way. First, he has to beg the family so he can marry the girl due to an attitude he asked her to change. I am sure the mum was aware of that. Then the issue of change in date came up. You threatened also that if it doesn't hold in that month, the wedding is over. If he is not taking the girl serious, would he have to beg? I mean who begs to marry someone? Is he gonna do that for the rest of his life? The mum probably saw this and she is not cool with that.

The son sees issues with his mum for the April date but no issues in being given an ultimatum by his in-laws?
..you ain't getting it at all, if the boy's mother felt like her child is getting into a bad marriage then she would have told the son to call off the marriage, she ain't being protective as you see it... she only wants the marriage to be done in April because that month is convenient to her....

What happens to the girl's parents, aren't they important?...The girls parent isn't at fault here, the man clearly said FEBRUARY so he should stick to that, in fact the girl's parents are being over protective cause they think the man is trying to play their daughter....

The OP has a lot of work to do, First, don't ever make decisions out of desperation..... second, try to bring both families together, family gathering, get together, try to create a bond cause that is evidently lacking.....

I still insist that the girl should be considerate enough to understand you... if the date is shifted, that means more planning and everything, she should just overlook it, it's not worth the stress...She needs to understand that sometimes we need to apologize even when we are not wrong....
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Eberechi24(f): 8:59am On Dec 21, 2018
Dayg88:

Dude, if the guy wants this marriage to work, he has to be realistic with himself. He is obviously in this relationship for both of them. Will he marry for both of them? Why are you ignoring the key point of this write up. Love is cool and all, but rejection hurts. The guy has been rejected and seems he needs validation from the lady's parent. Is he gonna continue that for the rest of his life? If it were the guy that threatened to cancel the wedding I am sure most of the female folks supporting the lady would have been crying foul.
The question is why would you propose when you know you ain't ready? The threat from girl and her family maybe know the man stands. To know if he is serious with their sister and not playing her. It's up to the man to the make the girl understand whats on ground.
After proposing, you start making excuses, who does that? If the girl is your sister you would advise her to keep calm. She is 30! For crying out loud
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by SmilingMary(m): 9:04am On Dec 21, 2018
AlfaAce:

The man has low self esteem. If not,why will I be afraid of losing a woman who doesn't respect me in the first place? to the extent that even the family do not also respect me? They are treating him as if it's a favour to have him marry their daughter.If na me,even if it's 10years,there are some signs that when I see them finally,I can NEVER go ahead with that relationship, talkless of marriage.In less than a year of marriage he will come on nairaland to tell us stories that touch.

U r spot on. The guy just have to let go to avoid story that touch in the future.
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Dannjay(m): 9:06am On Dec 21, 2018
Stupid and fake story
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Dayg88(m): 9:09am On Dec 21, 2018
Nobodys:
..you ain't getting it at all, if the boy's mother felt like her child is getting into a bad marriage then she would have told the son to call off the marriage, she ain't being protective as you see it... she only wants the marriage to be done in April because that month is convenient to her....

What happens to the girl's parents, aren't they important?...The girls parent isn't at fault here, the man clearly said FEBRUARY so he should stick to that, in fact the girl's parents are being over protective cause they think the man is trying to play their daughter....

The OP has a lot of work to do, First, don't ever make decisions out of desperation..... second, try to bring both families together, family gathering, get together, try to create a bond cause that is evidently lacking.....

I still insist that the girl should be considerate enough to understand you... if the date is shifted, that means more planning and everything, she should just overlook it, it's not worth the stress...She needs to understand that sometimes we need to apologize even when we are not wrong....

Lemme play a scenario into your mind.
The Guy's mum has no issues with the girl. The guy is just too foolish to handle the matter. My point you are not getting is this; would you still go ahead to marry your hubby if the parents tell you to leave him if you cannot deal with a certain attitude of his you complained about? The statement quitting the relationship which was initiated by the girls mum is the main issue I have here, and that to me, is the origin of the problem. Means the guy is not worth the girl.
Secondly, why would he have to go and beg(which is obviously the guys fault) the girls family to let the marriage continue.
Now, he was asked when he felt the marriage would take place which he could have asked to consult his family before picking a date but he ansd in panic. Now, I don't know if you are married ma'am or not, but when the date is being picked, is it the groom and the bride's parent that does that selection or the groom's parent and the bride's parent?
If you are the grooms parent, would you be happy being bullied into accepting that date that was chosen (without your opinion), or would you call your son to order and let him think?
We will all lay blames on the guy, but they all have equal blames to share, except the boy's mum.
If the girls parent valued the guy, they would have requested the presence of the guy's family and that consensus date chosen will hold more ground that that of the panicked date chosen by the guy. They can even make it obvious to the mum that her presence validates every other reason or doubt they have

Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Dayg88(m): 9:11am On Dec 21, 2018
excessmon:
Mum won't be involved if ideal things are done...mum is acting like a typical Yoruba woman ...he should know wat to do....guy should just liberate himself first cos he don fuckup himself
Marriage is a collective family thing.
Why is the ladies family the one making the decision and not the guy and the girl alone. The dude is not mature enough to me and that is not a result of the age
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by holocron: 9:11am On Dec 21, 2018
mogbojaiye:

There is another guy in d picture already that's why the girl has d boldness to say she wan comot from d 3 year old relationship........op never smart for woman matter

Correct. You are very experienced.
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by PeacenLove2: 9:11am On Dec 21, 2018
When you turn relationships into competition, a battle for superiority, you have no business getting married.

You say you love this woman but you came here spewing nonsense about her disrespectful attitude towards you and how her family is being controlling. You come here amongst nairaland women-bashing infants and expect to get validation for what you already know you want to do.

You already said it in not so many words your mother does not like this woman .... yes women being their own worst enemies since 2000 BC.
Why don't you ask her why she is against the date? Better still ask her why she does not like the girl. Wedding dates are to be agreed by both sides of the family. You have a sit down, propose several dates and both parties meet at a point.

Bruh, you really need to make up your mind and stop making excuses. Do you have a sister? If your sister were to be in your girl's shoes right now, I bet your mom wouldn't be so relaxed right now. 3 years into a relationship, this is how you repay her. Better fear God and fear Karma. Her parents are not being controlling, they are just trying to protect their daughter because of stories that touch like this.

If you really care for this woman, this is the time to man up and make peace between the families. Its not being a pussy, it's you taking charge, knowing what you want. Nairaland haters wont help you, my friend. Stop throwing her and her family at social media frustrated hungry wolves. God help you oooo. grin

1 Like

Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by temmy59: 9:16am On Dec 21, 2018
Dogalmighty17:

Her family has been very accommodating. They have been open to see my mom. My mom however, keeps finding one excuse or another not to go.

The problem here is your mum; she had one year to prepare herself. She does not like your fiancee , you need to fix that, if she is willing to frustrate your marriage to her for no reason, then know there is fire on the mountain. I would never go to war with my mother for no reason ( depending on the type of person your mom is though). She is not contributing a dime infact there is no enough reason here for her to threaten you with curse. You should be wary of her.

Lastly, other people trying to blame your lady are just spitting trash; from what you wrote, you have picked the date over one year. Do you know how disappointing it would be for your woman.

Women are sensitive creatures. This wedding stuffs is mainly for them. She has being with your 3 years mehn; do you know different advice going on in her head. It difficult to process.

Ps: about here disrespect issue; no woman is perfect, you can't eat your cake and have it, as long as she is OK otherwise and she corrects herself.

But if her level of disrespect fears you, you should not marry her;
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Dayg88(m): 9:17am On Dec 21, 2018
Eberechi24:

The question is why would you propose when you know you ain't ready? The threat from girl and her family maybe know the man stands. To know if he is serious with their sister and not playing her. It's up to the man to the make the girl understand whats on ground.
After proposing, you start making excuses, who does that? If the girl is your sister you would advise her to keep calm. She is 30! For crying out loud

My dear sister, I understand what you are saying. Clearly both the girl and guy are not ready. If she is 30 and really ready for marriage, why would her parents be making decisions like quitting the relationship just because the guy asked her to change an attitude if hers. Whether they like it or not, if they manage and patch up all the inconsistencies and get married, it would still have an impact in the marital life

And to your question if she was my sister, would I ask her to keep calm? If all these information is available to me, I would give her the options, ask her to not involve me or parents in quitting or not quitting. Let she and her guy talk things thru and if they have a common ground, they should go ahead and if not, they should go their separate ways. But that decision, has to be hers and her guys, not mine or my parent or the guy's parents
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by gideonvalor98(m): 9:20am On Dec 21, 2018
You no wan loose fine girl...na only she dey follow you on your profile.she suppose reason with you na
Re: My Relationship Of 3 Years May End Because Of Wedding Date. by Nobodys(f): 9:25am On Dec 21, 2018
[quote author=Dayg88 post=74041725][/quote]being bullied to accept a date you chose?... Lols....

You can't say everyone is at fault except the guys mum, that's not fair.... The guy clearly stated in his various posts on the thread that his mum foot dragged the whole thing and that was why he picked a new date without her consent, cause of her actions toward the initial date picking.....

The mother's reason isn't even reasonable enough, convenience? really?....

my only concern is the mum's attitude, threatening to curse her child, hindering a marriage just because of convenience, says a lot.....

Anyways, let's not drag this anymore....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

See The Conversation Between An Online Female Beggar And Myself / Girlfriend Drives Lover's $100k Benz Into Pool For Ending The Relationship (pics / My Relationship Is About To Hit The Rock, Pls Advice ,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 135
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.