Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,975 members, 7,821,414 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:39 PM

My Journey To Freethinking - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Journey To Freethinking (7302 Views)

My Journey to The Spirit World And How God Delivered Me / How I Embraced Sexual Purity And Chastity - My Journey / My Journey Into heaven (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Journey To Freethinking by MuttleyLaff: 11:26pm On Dec 24, 2018
budaatum:
Many demons, One buda.
Na wa ooo. Sorry ooo.
"Ko easy", loosely translated means, "it aint easy for you"
"O ku eru, o ku ajo," loosely translated means, "steady with the load, uneasy lies the head that wears a crown"

budaatum:
What are demons, muttley?
budaatum, its a very great question you asked

Funnily enough, it's only being recently, a few months ago, I was thinking to myself about this question you've asked too.
I had a flurry of thoughts, like what's demons? What's demon in the context of the bible? Why

I havent come to a conclusion yet but managed to figure out that though the word demons is a "replace word"
demons are phenomena that have influence, power, control, jurisdiction, mobility and authority characteristics
They can be formless or have forms, they can be visible, hardly visible or not be visible
I was trying to see the usage in the bible in relation to ailments of all sorts etcetera too
I found out again, whilst still going on the study of the word demons, that man, is his own worst enemy

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Freethinking by Omoluabi16(m): 11:51pm On Dec 24, 2018
raptex:
It all started as a quest to know God more (I'm still on that quest).I'd pray to God to reveal himself and for the holy spirit. I started reading the bible more than before. I noticed many cringe- worthy stories but I'd brush them aside because I was taught never to question God. Our Pastors, churches and the Nigerian society at large do not encourage rational questions and thinking.

I started to use the internet more frequently.I discovered Nairaland and started reading as a guest. I'd see posts about Daddy freeze challenging respected "Men of God" on issues they avoid in church. It became clear to me that most of them are thieves. I discovered that the bible was inconsistent and full of errors. I discovered that a lot of books that expose the bible for what it is have been removed to keep people enslaved.I started reading thought- provoking posts on Nairaland. Posts from people like Hardmirror,CAPSLOCKED, Joseph1013, Seun and so on.This forum has helped me in a lot of ways.

I still go to church to please my parents and so as not to arouse suspicion.I see Church these days only as a center for comic relief.

you will burn.
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by budaatum: 1:31am On Dec 25, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Na wa ooo. Sorry ooo.
"Ko easy", loosely translated means, "it aint easy for you"
"O ku eru, o ku ajo," loosely translated means, "steady with the load, uneasy lies the head that wears a crown"
As I said, I like my demons. If I didn't, I'd cast them out. It is easy for me!
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by Nobody: 9:17am On Dec 25, 2018
Omoluabi16:
you will burn.
*hisses* undecided
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by MuttleyLaff: 9:05pm On Dec 25, 2018
budaatum:
As I said, I like my demons
To each his own

budaatum:
If I didn't, I'd cast them out.
It is easy for me!
I never for a moment doubted you like your demons but out of curiosity,
what of your Faustian contract for this symbiotic arrangement?
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by budaatum: 1:37am On Dec 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
To each his own

Faustian contract? There you go again, muttley! Please consider my previous response about what I'd do when I like them no more. That's the beauty of choice.
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by budaatum: 5:43pm On Dec 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:

Please explain how you've concluded I must have a faustian contract.
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by MuttleyLaff: 5:58pm On Dec 26, 2018
budaatum:
Please explain how you've concluded I must have a faustian contract.
The abridged version explanation is that a Faustian contract
is standard for the symbiotic arrangement you're enjoying with the demons budaatum

My original response is finished
but sitting on my laptop, waiting to be published when I finish what I am at the moment doing
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by budaatum: 6:30pm On Dec 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
The abridged version explanation is that a faustian contract
is standard for the symbiotic arrangement you're enjoying with the demons budaatum

My original response is finished
but sitting on my laptop, waiting to be published when I finish what I am at the moment doing
Wouldn't your definition of demons and their nature have bearings on whether one's relationship with them were faustian or not, muttley? Or are you assuming a nature for demons you have not yet defined?
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by MuttleyLaff: 6:42pm On Dec 26, 2018
budaatum:
Faustian contract? There you go again, muttley!
Please consider my previous response about what I'd do when I like them no more.
Wow, didnt sign one

budaatum:
That's the beauty of choice.
Yeah, choice is a beautiful thing

From the word go, from the very beginning, was choice
however a moment of choice is a moment of truth, that, there's the ugly of consequence

Free to choose but not free from the consequence of choice

Our lives is the sum total of all our choices up to this present minute.
May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears my dear friend and brother

budaatum:
Wouldn't your definition of demons and their nature have bearings on whether one's relationship with them were faustian or not, muttley?
Or are you assuming a nature for demons you have not yet defined?
Demons are relative
and each demon exists, going its way, according to its nature

That's an oversimplified definition of demons
This is part of what I've learnt or found out looking under the bonnet

You forced my hand to publish the post sitting on my laptop

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Freethinking by budaatum: 9:17pm On Dec 26, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Wow, didnt sign one

Yeah, choice is a beautiful thing

From the word go, from the very beginning, was choice
however a moment of choice is a moment of truth, that, there's the ugly of consequence

Our lives is the sum total of all our choices up to this present minute.
May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears my dear friend and brother

Demons are relative
and each demon exists, going its way, according to its nature

That's an oversimplified definition of demons
This is part of what I've learnt or found out looking under the bonnet

You forced my hand to publish the post sitting on my laptop
Please muttley, but I think your demons may be very different to mine, or why would you claim my choices reflect my fears? Fear of what exactly? Why would I be unhappy with my freely chosen demons which I can discard at will if I weren't happy with them?

Would I be wrong if I accuse you of completely discarding whatever I say and giving it the meaning you wish it to have despite my extensive explanation of my position? If such an accusation is true, would you blame me for ignoring you? You did at one point claim not to wish to assume, so why do so now?

Demons are indeed relative, and mine are relative to me. I choose to have the ones that I have and if I happen to not like them anymore all I need say is "Go", and out they will go, and when they go out, they go, not into the herd of swine since I happen to like pigs and would not inflict such on them, but run violently down the steep place into the sea and perish.

Or do you assume that buda would say "go" to duda's freely chosen legion and they'd dare tell buda to fuq off and stay? I tell you, even more so than this does buda do!
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by MuttleyLaff: 11:50pm On Dec 26, 2018
budaatum:
Please muttley, but I think your demons may be very different to mine,
or why would you claim my choices reflect my fears?
Fear of what exactly?
Why would I be unhappy with my freely chosen demons which I can discard at will if I weren't happy with them?
You could and would be right to think your demons may be very different to mine
As a matter of truth, if at all I have any, they aren't fed, they're starved

I never said your choices reflect your fears
please re-read slowly out loud, to see that, what I said was
from the word go, from the very beginning, was choice

Our lives, is the sum total of all our choices, up to this present minute.
May your choices reflect your hopes
and not your fears, my dear friend and brother

When you talked of the beauty of choice
and I brought in the ugly of consequence

Now when you're now asking: "Fear of what exactly?"
Well, the ugly, in the "ugly of consequence", we know can be painful and/or harmful, thats the fears

budaatum:
Would I be wrong if I accuse you of completely discarding whatever I say
and giving it the meaning you wish it to have despite my extensive explanation of my position?
If such an accusation is true, would you blame me for ignoring you?
You did at one point claim not to wish to assume, so why do so now?
Yeah, choice is a beautiful thing, is what I wrote
and isnt that corroborating your "That's the beauty of choice" remark
So how does that mean or equate to completely discarding whatever you say?

You read to respond to undervalue my response
and not appreciate I never disagreed to anything in what I responded to
You'll find, if checked, there was no picking holes of your post in my response

budaatum:
Demons are indeed relative,
and mine are relative to me.
Yeah demons are relative indeed

Demons being relative is not exclusive to you alone budaatum,
because demons are relative to whomever or whatever the host is

budaatum:
I choose to have the ones that I have
and if I happen to not like them anymore all I need say is "Go", and out they will go,
and when they go out, they go, not into the herd of swine
since I happen to like pigs and would not inflict such on them,
but run violently down the steep place into the sea and perish.
Demons are complex incorporeal phenonema
and so there's more to demons than meets the eye

Case in point, not all demons can audibly participate or engage in dialogue exchanges
in order to respond to a command like "Go"
Demons that can audibly engage in dialogue exchanges, when disembodied with a command like "Go"
usually will request unhindered passage to go into herd of swine
Pigs being foul, dirty and/or unclean animals made and makes them convenient choices

I am yet to hear, see or read about demon on their own, running violently down steep places into the sea and perish
Have you budaatum?

budaatum:
Or do you assume that buda would say "go" to duda's freely chosen legion
and they'd dare tell buda to fuq off and stay?
I tell you, even more so than this does buda do!
I am intrigued,
please do tell, share the "even more so than this does buda do!" moments
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by budaatum: 2:23am On Dec 27, 2018
Unlike you, my words are chosen to communicate, and my demons unlike yours it would seem, do not delight nor have the freedom to be many when brevity would best put my point across. You might want to learn to starve yours more so they don't delight in distorting what you may intend to mean or your ability to comprehend for that matter! Telling me to read slowly or out loud is an insult beneath contempt that I would rather not respond to.

As I said, my demons are mine by choice, so any fear,
pain and/or harm and ugly consequences associated (though be assured there aren't any), would be a choice. How could anyone chose something ugly, consequence or demon, that is painful or feared or that they'd rather not have and can chose to dispel? Mine are mine because I delight in having them along with any consequences associated in their being mine, "that's the beauty of choice" which you would have understood if you had not completely discarded what I have been telling you about my demons all along. Only a fool would feed their fears and/or pain or ugly consequences, and I have not yet seen anywhere where you have called me a fool. All buda's demons "audibly participate and engage in dialogue exchanges" with buda. They are fed because it is my desire that they thrive. If I didn't wish them to exist and thrive, I would not starve them, I'd just engage them in dialogue and audibly tell them to go, muttley, and go they would wherever I send them and not where they demand to go. Do correct me if I have missed where you have called buda a fool please.

My "even more so than this does buda do!" is in reference to text I know you are perfectly familiar with, so take it in that context please. To your, "yet to hear, see or read about demon on their own, running violently down steep places into the sea and perish", please desist from lying, muttley. You've clearly heard of it now, or would you wish to again completely discard that you did read me say so about my very freely owned demons that are very relative to me and subject to my commands? My choices do reflect my hopes, muttley, along with my demons and consequences and all.

Out of curiosity, and I've been meaning to ask, why are there carriage returns in your sentences? Do your demons insert them for you or are they there out of choice? I've referenced a few with {cr} just so you know what I refer to. Perhaps you should starve them more, or tell them to go, if you can, as their not being there would increase your ability to "engage in dialogue exchanges".

I do not undervalue your response, muttley. Those who's responses I undervalue do not receive in return the time and care I take to respond to you. Perhaps you would better be served by showing equal regard by not "completely discarding" whatever I say. I do not seek that you agree. That you comprehend would suffice. buda's demons are not muttleys demons as we all have demons that are relative to us. Please stop assuming your relationship to your demons are buda's relation to buda's.

MuttleyLaff:
You could and would be right to think your demons may be very different to mine
As a matter of truth, if at all I have any, they aren't fed, they're starved

I never said your choices reflect your fears
please re-read slowly out loud, to see that, what I said was {cr}
from the word go, from the very beginning, was choice {cr}

Our lives, is the sum total of all our choices, up to this present minute.
May your choices reflect your hopes
and not your fears, my dear friend and brother

When you talked of the beauty of choice
and I brought in the ugly of consequence

Now when you're now asking: "Fear of what exactly?"
Well, the ugly, in the "ugly of consequence", we know can be painful and/or harmful, thats the fears

Yeah, choice is a beautiful thing, is what I wrote
and isnt that corroborating your "That's the beauty of choice" remark
So how does that mean or equate to completely discarding whatever you say?

You read to respond to undervalue my response
and not appreciate I never disagreed to anything in what I responded to
You'll find, if checked, there was no picking holes of your post in my response

Yeah demons are relative indeed

Demons being relative is not exclusive to you alone budaatum,
because demons are relative to whomever or whatever the host is

Demons are complex incorporeal phenonema
and so there's more to demons than meets the eye

Case in point, not all demons can audibly participate or engage in dialogue exchanges {cr}
in order to respond to a command like "Go"
Demons that can audibly engage in dialogue exchanges, when disembodied with a command like "Go" {cr}
usually will request unhindered passage to go into herd of swine
Pigs being foul, dirty and/or unclean animals made and makes them convenient choices

I am yet to hear, see or read about demon on their own, running violently down steep places into the sea and perish
Have you budaatum?

I am intrigued,
please do tell, share the "even more so than this does buda do!" moments
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by MuttleyLaff: 8:41am On Dec 27, 2018
budaatum:
Unlike you, my words are chosen to communicate, and my demons unlike yours it would seem, do not delight nor have the freedom to be many when brevity would best put my point across. You might want to learn to starve yours more so they don't delight in distorting what you may intend to mean or your ability to comprehend for that matter! Telling me to read slowly or out loud is an insult beneath contempt that I would rather not respond to.

As I said, my demons are mine by choice, so any fear,
pain and/or harm and ugly consequences associated (though be assured there aren't any), would be a choice. How could anyone chose something ugly, consequence or demon, that is painful or feared or that they'd rather not have and can chose to dispel? Mine are mine because I delight in having them along with any consequences associated in their being mine, "that's the beauty of choice" which you would have understood if you had not completely discarded what I have been telling you about my demons all along. Only a fool would feed their fears and/or pain or ugly consequences, and I have not yet seen anywhere where you have called me a fool. All buda's demons "audibly participate and engage in dialogue exchanges" with buda. They are fed because it is my desire that they thrive. If I didn't wish them to exist and thrive, I would not starve them, I'd just engage them in dialogue and audibly tell them to go, muttley, and go they would wherever I send them and not where they demand to go. Do correct me if I have missed where you have called buda a fool please.

My "even more so than this does buda do!" is in reference to text I know you are perfectly familiar with, so take it in that context please. To your, "yet to hear, see or read about demon on their own, running violently down steep places into the sea and perish", please desist from lying, muttley. You've clearly heard of it now, or would you wish to again completely discard that you did read me say so about my very freely owned demons that are very relative to me and subject to my commands? My choices do reflect my hopes, muttley, along with my demons and consequences and all.

Out of curiosity, and I've been meaning to ask, why are there carriage returns in your sentences? Do your demons insert them for you or are they there out of choice? I've referenced a few with {cr} just so you know what I refer to. Perhaps you should starve them more, or tell them to go, if you can, as their not being there would increase your ability to "engage in dialogue exchanges".

I do not undervalue your response, muttley. Those who's responses I undervalue do not receive in return the time and care I take to respond to you. Perhaps you would better be served by showing equal regard by not "completely discarding" whatever I say. I do not seek that you agree. That you comprehend would suffice. buda's demons are not muttleys demons as we all have demons that are relative to us. Please stop assuming your relationship to your demons are buda's relation to buda's.
With the greatest respect budaatum, I do feel like walking on eggs when replying to your post(s) sometimes.
Or feel like walking through a minefield, not knowing what I'll step on, that possibly will trigger something
Why, please tell why in the world will I want to insult you?
What is my gain, what is the benefit? Huh?

It is something I do often I recommended to you
I often go back to posts, reading them slowly out loud to myself, to improve making more sense of what I've earlier read
It never was intended to be disrespectful so please to read it as an insulting remark sir.
Just like you, and as the saying goes, great minds think alike, you know, if you'd admit
that I too consciously choose my words and construct my sentences to communicate

As for the carriage, that is a very good catch observation you had there
As a point of correction, it is actually called "line feed" and not carriage returns.
budaatum, line feed is another conscious thing I do because of aethestic need
and concern with how my content is going to appear displayed by the browser

"I never said your choices reflect your fears
"

"I never said your choices reflect your fears, please re-read slowly out loud, to see that, what I said was, from the word go, from the very beginning, was choice however a moment of choice, is a moment of truth, that, there's the ugly of consequence"

Case point is above, same content, reproduced line fed and not line fed
Notice with the line feeds, I left align my content on the browser
and I also save the readers' eyes from moving across long lines
by letting the eyes read, kpa-kpa-kpa, drop to next line, off you go. Easier.

Again, budaatum, you wouldnt find any evidence of me discarding what you wrote, talkless completely discarding
The truth of the matter, is I've been acknowledging what you say
and actually going further, broadening and/or expanding the scope with my contribution(s)

Take for example, would you honestly say here that,
you have never in your life had cause to take or made choices, that had ugly consequences?
Did you delight or looked forward to taking the choice(s), that has ugly consequence(s)?

I never assumed anything budaatum, demons are relative is suffice, just like I earlier said.
If I wanted you to agree or accept something, trust me I will ask you
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by budaatum: 9:55am On Dec 27, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
With the greatest respect budaatum, I do feel like walking on eggs when replying to your post(s) sometimes.
Or feel like walking through a minefield, not knowing what I'll step on, that possibly will trigger something
Why, please tell why in the world will I want to insult you?
What is my gain, what is the benefit? Huh?

It is something I do often I recommended to you
I often go back to posts, reading them slowly out loud to myself, to improve making more sense of what I've earlier read
It never was intended to be disrespectful so please to read it as an insulting remark sir.
Just like you, and as the saying goes, great minds think alike, you know, if you'd admit
that I too consciously choose my words and construct my sentences to communicate

As for the carriage, that is a very good catch observation you had there
As a point of correction, it is actually called "line feed" and not carriage returns.
budaatum, line feed is another conscious thing I do because of aethestic need
and concern with how my content is going to appear displayed by the browser

"I never said your choices reflect your fears
"

"I never said your choices reflect your fears, please re-read slowly out loud, to see that, what I said was, from the word go, from the very beginning, was choice however a moment of choice, is a moment of truth, that, there's the ugly of consequence"

Case point is above, same content, reproduced line fed and not line fed
Notice with the line feeds, I left align my content on the browser
and I also save the readers' eyes from moving across long lines
by letting the eyes read, kpa-kpa-kpa, drop to next line, off you go. Easier.

Again, budaatum, you wouldnt find any evidence of me discarding what you wrote, talkless completely discarding
The truth of the matter, is I've been acknowledging what you say
and actually going further, broadening and/or expanding the scope with my contribution(s)

Take for example, would you honestly say here that,
you have never in your life had cause to take or made choices, that had ugly consequences?
Did you delight or looked forward to taking the choice(s), that has ugly consequence(s)?

I never assumed anything budaatum, demons are relative is suffice, just like I earlier said.
If I wanted you to agree or accept something, trust me I will ask you

I am so sorry that you walk on eggs muttley. I do however find it insulting when people ask me to read slowly or carefully as if I didn't to start with. And I too go back and read stuff over and over and over again.

I must confess that I have a lot less patience with you than I have with some others on here, and I do not hide it when communicating with you. With the more simple, I have no choice, but not with you since I know you are far from simple and intelligently minded. That's why I get frustrated whenever I think you have not engaged your mind when communicating with me. When you don't engage your mind, I am insulted because I know you have a mind that is engagable, so why the heck would you hide it from me? Do you not find me worthy of your very best maybe? That said, whenever you do engage your mind, I henceforth promise to ensure the eggs you walk on are hard boiled first. As to walking through a minefield, that I cannot help you with since I am that complex, legion and all, but I hereby cover you with the blood of Jesus and promise that none of the mines will blow you up. You, muttley, must fear no evil.

Your aesthetic line feeds just make you more difficult to read, do note, since we are very capable of moving our eyes along long lines and expect to. Do you yourself find it difficult reading long lines perhaps? If we have difficulty moving our eyes along long lines we would hardly move our minds now would we! Besides, most probably read on a phone screen with lines that are not long at all. Stop trying to make us too lazy to move our eyes if you would please that is, and divert the effort to moving minds instead. You, sir, are more than capable.

Now, let's see how far we've gotten, shall we. Yes I have likely taken or made choices that had ugly consequences, and did not delight or look forward to the choices I made that had ugly consequences, but not in relation to my freely chosen demons which exist at my pleasure and go when I tell them to go.

By the way, you never did ask what my demons are, not that I'd tell you if you did, mind.
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by MuttleyLaff: 10:04pm On Dec 29, 2018
budaatum:
I am so sorry that you walk on eggs muttley.
Walking on eggshells is what I obviously meant to type out

budaatum:
I do however find it insulting when people ask me to read slowly or carefully as if I didn't to start with. And I too go back and read stuff over and over and over again.
You're just too sensitive
There is nothing to find abusive in recommending to you, something I regularly do myself and find gainful when I do it

budaatum:
I must confess that I have a lot less patience with you than I have with some others on here, and I do not hide it when communicating with you. With the more simple, I have no choice, but not with you since I know you are far from simple and intelligently minded.
To be really honest with you, when you have those moments, I just put it down to you waking and getting up from the wrong side of the bed, you just be unneccesarily grouchy and/or letting off steam at my expense. Take it out on easy and close target MuttleyLaff I guess.

budaatum:
That's why I get frustrated whenever I think you have not engaged your mind when communicating with me. When you don't engage your mind, I am insulted because I know you have a mind that is engagable, so why the heck would you hide it from me? Do you not find me worthy of your very best maybe? That said, whenever you do engage your mind, I henceforth promise to ensure the eggs you walk on are hard boiled first. As to walking through a minefield, that I cannot help you with since I am that complex, legion and all, but I hereby cover you with the blood of Jesus and promise that none of the mines will blow you up. You, muttley, must fear no evil
Thank you budaatum, but I havent the spirit of fear in me that'll make me fear no evil. So you need not be concerned for me. You see, no weapon fashioned against me prospers budaatum. That's why I can refute everyone (e.g. luvmijeje, jesusjnr etcetera) who tries to falsely accuse me.

budaatum:
Your aesthetic line feeds just make you more difficult to read, do note, since we are very capable of moving our eyes along long lines and expect to. Do you yourself find it difficult reading long lines perhaps? If we have difficulty moving our eyes along long lines we would hardly move our minds now would we! Besides, most probably read on a phone screen with lines that are not long at all. Stop trying to make us too lazy to move our eyes if you would please that is, and divert the effort to moving minds instead. You, sir, are more than capable.
I completely see your point. You're God sent budaatum. You showed me how careless & sloppy I've being with my test scenario. I only tested and viewed the test result outcome using my MacBook only. If I had included the smartphone as another test scenario I would have realised what you actually pointed out to me that it is rendered differently on phone screens browsers
I tested out what you said, looked at the same content on both laptop and phones screens, my line feeds, carriage returns for you, where not rendered the exact way seen on my laptop screen.
I also found out that the only way my tested content is rendered on the phones, exactly the same it is seen on my Mac laptop, is when the phone i sturned from potrait to landscape view. Anyway I've now adapted, to the barest minimum, of living without line feeding.

budaatum:
Now, let's see how far we've gotten, shall we. Yes I have likely taken or made choices that had ugly consequences, and did not delight or look forward to the choices I made that had ugly consequences, but not in relation to my freely chosen demons which exist at my pleasure and go when I tell them to go.
Well, I was talking generally and on a broaden scope anyway. I widened the goal post, so to speak or as it were with the remark

budaatum:
By the way, you never did ask what my demons are, not that I'd tell you if you did, mind.
I dont have to ask you what your demons are budaatum.
Have you forgetten I remarked that demons are complex incorporeal phenonema and so there's more to demons than meets the eye.

Demons, I reiterate, are relative.
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by Ihedinobi3: 8:37am On Jan 06, 2019
budaatum:

Please note that I do not hold the position described here, that God's love "should not allow Him to punish sinners for sinning", nor do I think I said anything of the sort!

I think it would be best if you state clearly what your position is. At the moment, my inference from everything I have read you say is wrong by the above. I don't want to wrongly attribute arguments to you. So, please, for the sake of clarity, describe clearly to me what you believe to be the case in this matter.

And a happy new year to you, budaatum.

Happy New Year to you too, MuttleyLaff. Thank you for your message. I obviously disagree with some of what you said but I understand the sentiment.
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by ecstasy357(m): 8:47am On Jan 06, 2019
raptex:
It all started as a quest to know God more (I'm still on that quest).I'd pray to God to reveal himself and for the holy spirit. I started reading the bible more than before. I noticed many cringe- worthy stories but I'd brush them aside because I was taught never to question God. Our Pastors, churches and the Nigerian society at large do not encourage rational questions and thinking.

I started to use the internet more frequently.I discovered Nairaland and started reading as a guest. I'd see posts about Daddy freeze challenging respected "Men of God" on issues they avoid in church. It became clear to me that most of them are thieves. I discovered that the bible was inconsistent and full of errors. I discovered that a lot of books that expose the bible for what it is have been removed to keep people enslaved.I started reading thought- provoking posts on Nairaland. Posts from people like Hardmirror,CAPSLOCKED, Joseph1013, Seun and so on.This forum has helped me in a lot of ways.

I still go to church to please my parents and so as not to arouse suspicion.I see Church these days only as a center for comic relief.

You read the Bible but never allowed God to speak to u.
You went to the stream with a basket to fetch water. No matter how many times you draw, ya basket will never be full.

I like u began my journey to free thinking in 2016. I read the Bible everyday until I got to Judges and learnt bout Gideon and how he asked God for signs.
I unlike u put the things that I learnt from the Bible into practice. God showed me His power every time I was in doubt simply because I asked Him to show me, to help my faith.
I unlike did not go to nairaland or some social media for verification of an invincible God.

I hope you get the message

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Freethinking by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 06, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Children of God,

I hope you are seeing this?

When a masturbator, fornicator liar, and a sexual pervert convinced a theist to become an atheist,

You should know what is really at play here.

They are the ones questioning God's holiness and authority...

A child of God who lives his life for Christ in holiness and righteousness (or striving to attain these) will then listen to them ....

....and then become converted by them...

The Devil is a liar and the Father of it.

Beware, children of God.

Now i am certain you are a hypocrite....
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by Nobody: 10:22am On Jan 06, 2019
Originakalokalo:

I don't have any evidence to prove his conviction wrong.

It is his conviction, not mine.
Dont shut your mouth up
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 06, 2019
Originakalokalo:

I don't have any evidence to prove his conviction wrong.

It is his conviction, not mine.
Then shut your mouth up
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by LordReed(m): 10:36am On Jan 06, 2019
ecstasy357:

You went to the stream with a basket to fetch water. No matter how many times you draw, ya basket will never be full.

I like u began my journey to free thinking in 2016. I read the Bible everyday until I got to Judges and learnt bout Gideon and how he asked God for signs.
I unlike u put the things that I learnt from the Bible into practice. God showed me His power every time I was in doubt simply because I asked Him to show me, to help my faith.
I unlike did not go to nairaland or some social media for verification of an invincible God.

How did the god show you its power? What things did it do? And how did you know it was the god doing them?
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by ecstasy357(m): 11:08am On Jan 06, 2019
LordReed:

How did the god show you its power? What things did it do? And how did you know it was the god doing them?

If I share d "how He showed me" u will doubt.

How I knew He was the one? I asked Him and He answered. Not once, not twice, not thrice... As long as I am alive, I will always testify cause He showed me His power.

If you want to know, ask Him earnestly and He will answer. He said ask me of things to come and I will show u. Trust me, God is ever ready to reveal Himself. (I stand at d door of ya heart and knock... He's knocking)

I said ask God not ya pastor or priest. Many of them r phonies misleading pple.

One more thing, forget bout doctrines and study d Bible like a baby learning how to speak

1 Like

Re: My Journey To Freethinking by LordReed(m): 11:21am On Jan 06, 2019
ecstasy357:

If I share d "how He showed me" u will doubt.

How I knew He was the one? I asked Him and He answered. Not once, not twice, not thrice... As long as I am alive, I will always testify cause He showed me His power.

If you want to know, ask Him earnestly and He will answer. He said ask me of things to come and I will show u. Trust me, God is ever ready to reveal Himself. (I stand at d door of ya heart and knock... He's knocking)

I said ask God not ya pastor or priest. Many of them r phonies misleading pple.

One more thing, forget bout doctrines and study d Bible like a baby learning how to speak

FYI I used to be a Christian so these your suggestions are things I have done over many years.

What I want to know is how you determined that it is your particular god answering you and not any other thing happening.

I had someone tell me their child had a hole in the heart and they prayed and god healed the child. I asked them well how do you know it was the god when hole in the heart does heal by itself, they couldn't be specific. This is the same type of question I am asking you, how do you know it is the god answering you and not any other thing happening.
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by ecstasy357(m): 11:31am On Jan 06, 2019
LordReed:

FYI I used to be a Christian so these your suggestions are things I have done over many years.

What I want to know is how you determined that it is your particular god answering you and not any other thing happening.

I had someone tell me their child had a hole in the heart and they prayed and god healed the child. I asked them well how do you know it was the god when hole in the heart does heal by itself, they couldn't be specific. This is the same type of question I am asking you, how do you know it is the god answering you and not any other thing happening.

FYI I don't used to b a Christian. I stopped church when I was 10yrs old, was tired of their plenty talk.

God is Almighty and all powerful. Miracle n deliverance is one way He can show u His power. In my case, I asked bout the future...not some blunt future more like what Gideon did in d book of Judges.

Honestly, if it were to b a miracle, I'd probably still be in doubt. So I will suggest u ask Him to show u in whatever way that best suits u.

NB: For this to happen, you have to open ya heart to Him like a baby crying for his mother's milk
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by LordReed(m): 12:00pm On Jan 06, 2019
ecstasy357:

FYI I don't used to b a Christian. I stopped church when I was 10yrs old, was tired of their plenty talk.

God is Almighty and all powerful. Miracle n deliverance is one way He can show u His power. In my case, I asked bout the future...not some blunt future more like what Gideon did in d book of Judges.
Honestly, if it were to b a miracle, I'd probably still be in doubt. So I will suggest u ask Him to show u in whatever way that best suits u.

NB: For this to happen, you have to open ya heart to Him like a baby crying for his mother's milk

So you just assumed it was god?

Again I have done all those things you suggested for many years, you are are not telling me anything new that I haven't done many, many times.
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by ecstasy357(m): 12:32pm On Jan 06, 2019
LordReed:

So you just assumed it was god?

Again I have done all those things you suggested for many years, you are are not telling me anything new that I haven't done many, many times.

Private chat me
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by budaatum: 2:26pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I think it would be best if you state clearly what your position is. At the moment, my inference from everything I have read you say is wrong by the above. I don't want to wrongly attribute arguments to you. So, please, for the sake of clarity, describe clearly to me what you believe to be the case in this matter.

And a happy new year to you, budaatum.

Happy New Year to you too, MuttleyLaff. Thank you for your message. I obviously disagree with some of what you said but I understand the sentiment.
My position is that there are no gods and no hell. However, if one sins, as in, do the wrong thing, one will reap ones just reward, the wages of sin. One reaps what one sows, is a universal rule.

Happy New Year to you too.
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 06, 2019
ecstasy357:

I prayed to God to reveal himself many times. I even still do.
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by Ihedinobi3: 8:38pm On Jan 06, 2019
budaatum:

My position is that there are no gods and no hell. However, if one sins, as in, do the wrong thing, one will reap ones just reward, the wages of sin. One reaps what one sows, is a universal rule.

Happy New Year to you too.
I was aware that you are an atheist, budaatum. My question was about your objection to that existence of hell. What is your argument in that regard? Assuming that a God exists, why would hell not make sense then? Or is it your position that if a God does exist, then it follows that Hell should exist as well and this would not be a contradiction in any way?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Journey To Freethinking by budaatum: 8:52pm On Jan 06, 2019
Ihedinobi3:

I was aware that you are an atheist, budaatum. My question was about your objection to that existence of hell. What is your argument in that regard? Assuming that a God exists, why would hell not make sense then? Or is it your position that if a God does exist, then it follows that Hell should exist as well and this would not be a contradiction in any way?
Assuming a God does exist, and that God creates a hell, there would be no reason for the hell such a God creates to not exist since it is has created it. And if the purpose for that God creating hell is to punish people for what it considers sin, it would be rather odd for such a God not to use the hell it created, even if it is only used as a threat.

Do be aware that one can equally assume a god exists that has no desire to create a hell. And provided everything that does exist is created by that god, and the desire of that god does not change, the only way that a hell can possibly exist is if there were some other god that exists to create it.

The added assumption here is that hells are created by gods, of course. My arguments above stops working once one assumes hells just exist regardless of creating gods, or not.
Re: My Journey To Freethinking by Ihedinobi3: 9:34pm On Jan 06, 2019
budaatum:

Assuming a God does exist, and that God creates a hell, there would be no reason for the hell such a God creates to not exist since it is has created it. And if the purpose for that God creating hell is to punish people for what it considers sin, it would be rather odd for such a God not to use the hell it created, even if it is only used as a threat.

Do be aware that one can equally assume a god exists that has no desire to create a hell. And provided everything that does exist is created by that god, and the desire of that god does not change, the only way that a hell can possibly exist is if there were some other god that exists to create it.

The added assumption here is that hells are created by gods, of course. My arguments above stops working once one assumes hells just exist regardless of creating gods, or not.
All right. This sounds fair enough to me. I stand corrected about your position then.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Does God Truly Exist? I Am Dumbfounded / the secret of prayer and instant answers, by authority not by begging / Trinity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 171
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.