Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,962 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:05 AM

Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking (61263 Views)

What I Saw At The Ibadan Explosion Site (pics/ Video) / My Weekend Getaway Visit To Agodi Zoological Gardens In Ibadan / Pictures From Ibadan Zoological Garden (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by spiralwedge(m): 9:58pm On Dec 23, 2018
IMASTEX:
It was a nice experience for me over the weekend to visit Ogba Zoological Garden once again after a long time. The atmosphere was cool & serene to allow me the opportunity to appreciate the work of nature. Saw some animals, though not much. Being a snail farmer, it was more like a homely visit for me because of my general likeness for animals.

Just as I was moving around seeing the animals. I saw an inscription "AFTER ANIMALS ARE GONE. WHAT NEXT?" Then, I began to bonder on how the world without animals would be like. Especially, the way some Nairalanders are always willing to hunt down any creeping animals for food or just for the fun of killing them. There after coming on this platform to inquire of the name and all what not.

Now the big question is:
* AFTER ANIMALS ARE GONE. WHAT NEXT?"

* CAN WE HUMANS REALLY DO WITHOUT ANIMALS LIVING IN IT WITH US?

I've never heard of this zoo. Where in Ogba is it? Kindly describe

MODIFIED:
I've just checked on google. It's in Benin City, I thought it was in Ogba, Lagos.
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Nobody: 10:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
tolugar:

Hunger is real bro.

Also most of these animals don't spare us either.

And this rat that's eating everything in my house including door "imagine eating door"

Killing it is a most

lagos rat nah bastard

1 Like

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Murphybayo(m): 10:07pm On Dec 23, 2018
Like say animals no dey reproduce, like say human beings no dey die. Bullshit question

1 Like

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Boyooosa(m): 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
Simplep:
Let them go first...when we get to that bridge,we will cross it grin
Supposed intelligent comment.
Me clapping...

1 Like

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by boujeeassnigga(m): 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2018
Me sef i bonder oh
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by troublemakea(m): 10:13pm On Dec 23, 2018
Simplep:

Lmao

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Magnifico2000: 10:14pm On Dec 23, 2018
Simplep:
Lol.. nice reply.. oya are u married cos I like ur picture.....
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by troublemakea(m): 10:15pm On Dec 23, 2018
publicenemy:
You just won't to tell us you went to a zoo

Lool grin grin

enemy indeed
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by troublemakea(m): 10:22pm On Dec 23, 2018
gr8tone:
This Your question remains of an inscription on a particular dangerous road in Nassarawa state. "many have gone you are the next" I was on my way to Jos. The kind of shock this inscription couple with the nature of the road sent down my spine, only God knows. Until we pass that place, I wasn't the one seating in the vehicle

chai nawa o.....wha road is that bro? i've never seen such inscription bfr
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by LOVEGINO(m): 10:23pm On Dec 23, 2018
Buhari badt luck nor affect dis guy at all. #BringBackOurCoruption
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by ericmor: 10:27pm On Dec 23, 2018
tolugar:

Hunger is real bro.

And this rat that's eating everything in my house including door "imagine eating door"

Killing it is a most
I don’t know why those rat eat door self, just to get entrance to d house. But they can’t eat my entrance door only if dem wan break teeth
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by delerx(m): 10:34pm On Dec 23, 2018
Naija lions no dey ever fat. Kilode now
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Notatribalist(m): 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
Nonso92:

So you're comparing yourself with an animal?

The natural instinct of a wild animal (predator) is to either be defensive when threatened or attack.

Man (Higher Animal), you can make a choice to attack, or just walk away. Or better still, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!
will should then allow them to kill us?what then can u say about the Animals being killed daily by lions and other cani animals? Don't then also deserve to leave?what about the chicken and fishes you consume everyday?don't they also deserve to live?

2 Likes

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by delerx(m): 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2018
No wonder all the animals lean die
Edonojie007:
W
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by avalontony(m): 10:47pm On Dec 23, 2018
olan4ward:
Look like the lion is on 40 days fasting.Is it by force to create zoo. This creature could have live better in their natural habitat than this hell call zoo

grin

When half of the meat meant for the lion is been diverted by the zoo keepers.
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by DavSagacity(m): 10:51pm On Dec 23, 2018
Nonso92:
The rate at which we kill animals in this country is alarming.

Take Lala for instance, I'm not sure I can count how many snakes that man has killed this year alone.
U want make uncle Lala ban u for eternity Abi..??.
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by gr8tone: 10:52pm On Dec 23, 2018
troublemakea:

chai nawa o.....wha road is that bro? i've never seen such inscription bfr
it's Nassarawa state. While going to Jos when you follow through Akwanga
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by troublemakea(m): 10:58pm On Dec 23, 2018
gr8tone:
it's Nassarawa state. While going to Jos when you follow through Akwanga

May God continue to protect you bro.

I pass there mostly at Night coz when coming frm ibadan you will always reach Akwanga at late night and begin the journey to jos again at 5am probably is why i've not seen it

I wonder when peace would return to these regions undecided
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by ReneeNuttall(f): 11:04pm On Dec 23, 2018
tolugar:

Hunger is real bro.

Killing it is a most

That rat is from ur village mbok, haven't heard rats eat doors. grin
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by gr8tone: 11:06pm On Dec 23, 2018
troublemakea:

May God continue to protect you bro.

I pass there mostly at Night coz when coming frm ibadan you will always reach Akwanga at late night and begin the journey to jos again at 5am probably is why i've not seen it

I wonder when peace would return to these regions undecided
Amen. It is not about conflict or war but the condition and position of the the road. Hawan kibo is a very nice road compare to that place.
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by biggy26: 11:25pm On Dec 23, 2018
tolugar:

Hunger is real bro.

Killing it is a most
Lol, cheap or expensive wood, Dem must chop am. Is it their door?
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Redman44(m): 11:28pm On Dec 23, 2018
You see now cool cool cool ? When they tell you Lagos State was once a province of the Benin Kingdom, you will start arguing. The Ogba Zoo is in Benin City, Edo State.

Ogba is a Benin/Edoid/ Edo name. Same as Oshodi, Agege, Idumagbo, Idumota, Iju etc ( All areas in Lagos State ). These place names should tell you that Lagos was once occupied and dominated by people and immigrants from Benin and other parts of Edo State. The name 'Eko' means War Camp. There is a place in Benin City known as 'Ekosodin', very near the University of Benin. Oshodi, Agege, Iju etc are all Benin names. Cheers.
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Nobody: 11:29pm On Dec 23, 2018
tolugar:

Hunger is real bro.

Killing it is a most

Your own is door
My own finish my paint rubber where I kept my cray fish, ,,,,

1 Like

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Redman44(m): 11:34pm On Dec 23, 2018
Can someone tell me the meaning of 'Iju' in Yoruba Language?

Thank you. I am waiting for your answer cool cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Nobody: 11:37pm On Dec 23, 2018
Yes,with 5 kids
Magnifico2000:

Lol.. nice reply.. oya are u married cos I like ur picture.....
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Homeboiy: 11:42pm On Dec 23, 2018
chukwukahenry:

Dianyi ime aga?

Ichie adim oyi

api kresmas
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by omoadeleye(m): 12:00am On Dec 24, 2018
Nonso92:

So you're comparing yourself with an animal?

The natural instinct of a wild animal (predator) is to either be defensive when threatened or attack.

Man (Higher Animal), you can make a choice to attack, or just walk away. Or better still, RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!

go and swagger in the front of a lion na
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Judybash93(m): 12:01am On Dec 24, 2018
IMASTEX:

So many animals will soon be going into extinction if care is not taken.

So many have gone into extinction...
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by showafrica(m): 1:42am On Dec 24, 2018
tolugar:

Hunger is real bro.

Killing it is a most

Lol, you know everything in Africa is angry even the animals. Nigeria rat and USA rat no be the same so don't judge all rats with that one in your house. E fit be one woman from edo self so don't judge.

2 Likes

Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by drakeli: 2:23am On Dec 24, 2018
CreepyBlackpool:
After the animals are gone we start recreating them in the labs through genetic engineering, cloning and other branches of zoological and biological science

Why haven’t you done one to bring back dinosaur?
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by missioner(m): 2:36am On Dec 24, 2018
DoggoneDogg:
Where in Ogba is this zoo please?
Please quote me when you're answered...
I'm in Ogba, I'd like to take myself there this Yuletide.
Re: Ogba Zoological Garden: What I Saw At The Zoo That Got Me Thinking by Fxwarrior: 3:51am On Dec 24, 2018
IMASTEX:
It was a nice experience for me over the weekend to visit Ogba Zoological Garden once again after a long time. The atmosphere was cool & serene to allow me the opportunity to appreciate the work of nature. Saw some animals, though not much. Being a snail farmer, it was more like a homely visit for me because of my general likeness for animals.

Just as I was moving around seeing the animals. I saw an inscription "AFTER ANIMALS ARE GONE. WHAT NEXT?" Then, I began to bonder on how the world without animals would be like. Especially, the way some Nairalanders are always willing to hunt down any creeping animals for food or just for the fun of killing them. There after coming on this platform to inquire of the name and all what not.

Now the big question is:
* AFTER ANIMALS ARE GONE. WHAT NEXT?"

* CAN WE HUMANS REALLY DO WITHOUT ANIMALS LIVING IN IT WITH US?

Yes, some deadly animals are better killed. What if a black mamba that could have killed you making you not to post this on nairaland was killed beforehand? Wouldn't you like that?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigeria Airways Air Hostess In 1973 - What Do You Think? / Christmas Shoppers Storm Onitsha, Overloaded Vehicles Spotted Leaving The City / Eko Atlantic City Updates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.