Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Africans May Never Recover From This Blow - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Africans May Never Recover From This Blow (6654 Views)

How Did You Recover From Backsliding? / Pastor 'One Blow' Involved In Accident After 'Betraying' Bishop Obinim / Chinese Authorities Blow Up Christian Megachurch With Dynamite (pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by budaatum: 4:37pm On Dec 31, 2018
vaxx:
i will recommend this book for you. Guns , germs and steel by jered diamond. Pls get a copy.
You are telling me to go back to my reading of like the late 90s, vaxx, a book in which Diamond showed Africans spread across the earth at a stage of very limited technological advancement! Jared Diamond himself did not stop at that stage and went on to build on that fantastic work in 2005 with [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collapse%3A_How_Societies_Choose_to_Fail_or_Succeed?wprov=sfla1]Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed[/url].

Perhaps you should consider Daron Acemoglu and James Robinsons 2013 book, Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity and Poverty. I'll also add [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapiens%3A_A_Brief_History_of_Humankind?wprov=sfla1]Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind[/url] by Yuval Noah Harari for some history.

Both of them continue Diamond's work from Collapse, and not so much from Guns Germs and Steel which his Collapse somewhat debunked!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by vaxx: 4:42pm On Dec 31, 2018
budaatum:

You are telling me to go back to my reading of like the late 90s, vaxx, a book in which Diamond showed Africans spread across the earth at a stage of very limited technological advancement! Jared Diamond himself did not stop at that stage and went on to build on that fantastic work in 2005 with [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Collapse%3A_How_Societies_Choose_to_Fail_or_Succeed?wprov=sfla1]Collapse: How Societies Choose to Fail or Succeed[/url].

Perhaps you should consider Daron Acemoglu and James Robinsons 2013 book, Why Nations Fail: The Origins of Power, Prosperity and Poverty. I'll also add [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sapiens%3A_A_Brief_History_of_Humankind?wprov=sfla1]Sapiens: A Brief History of Humankind[/url] by Yuval Noah Harari for some history.

Both of them continue Diamond's work from Collapse, and not so much from Guns Germs and Steel which his Collapse somewhat debunked!
impressive. Then you have an idea of my argument. I am 90s born. So permit me for bringing you back a bit.

But is the book debunked like the collapsed book.? I will like you to elucidate on it.
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by budaatum: 5:02pm On Dec 31, 2018
vaxx:
impressive. Then you have an idea of my argument. I am 90s born. So permit me for bringing you back a bit.

But is the book debunked like the collapsed book.? I will like you to elucidate on it.

90s born vaxx? That sure explains quite a lot about you! I'm going to need you to forgive me, though for 90s born, you are impressive! In fact, I don't believe you are 90s born, that's how impressed I am!

Debunked is my way of putting it. Evolved, would be a better way to put it.

1 Like

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by MuttleyLaff: 5:09pm On Dec 31, 2018
budaatum:
90s born vaxx? That sure explains quite a lot about you! I'm going to need you to forgive me, though for 90s born, you are impressive! In fact, I don't believe you are 90s born, that's how impressed I am!

Nah, I think its a typo, fat finger or something
but then yeah, if it wasnt, I concur with you without demur so you're absolutely right then, quite impressive

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by budaatum: 5:13pm On Dec 31, 2018
MuttleyLaff:
Nah, I think its a typo, fat finger or something
but then yeah, if it wasnt, I concur with you without demur so you're absolutely right then, quite impressive
It must be a typo! Even for 80s born, I'd be impressed!
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by kkins25(m): 6:29pm On Dec 31, 2018
vaxx:
i will not call that smartness. I will rather called that savagies .( why will you invade a peaceful nations that has nothing to do with you) Africa is by far peaceful compared to the west in antiguity, so there is no need to master the techniques of war to an advanced level that the west had learn.

We were doing well in other fied like economy , medicine and agriculture far better than the west. The record is there. What piss me off is the inability not to pefect the weaponry ideology after we were invaded.

The one who won the battle most have had some advantage over the other. Europeans invaded and defeated us in our own land. Even though they were at a disadvantage in terms of terrai, climatic conditions and probably numbers of warriors.
Africa did its best to withstand the intruders for some time, the ashanti tribe of ghana is one of those communities that were almost a formidable opponent. Nonetheless, the more cunning and crafty Party took the victory.
They may have won because of battle techniques and weaponry.

I am a black man, i do not beat my chest when I say the european man is somewhat an advanced sapien specie.
I say this because like us the Europeans or Caucasians once upon a time were infected with the same disease(religion) that infects us today.

They have evolved above it because they make use of their cerebrum. I stand to be corrected but if one African country was suffering from its ignorance then it would be silly to conclude that Africans have a defect or are not evolved as its Caucasian counterpart. But the whole Africa is suffering from the same white or foreign-man invented pathogen(just a factor though) .

Arabians came to take slaves from Africa, Europeans came to take slaves, Americans came to take slaves. They were all coming to Africa because they were the easiest bush meat to catch. Now China is putting chains on us again. It seems the level of intelligence our fore fathers left us with is the same one we use today.

Take a look at ghana with low rate of out of school kids but still development is going slow. They too are so damn religious,"Everything is in God's hands".
I've heard were someone says drugs can't work without God's permission or something like that. I was devastated. We Nigerian youths are so lazy and vision less that we are willing to kill ourselves for the same tyrants that sold us as slaves.

Blacks are evolving but at a very slow rate. I know this because, as a teacher I sometimes try to evaluate the faculty of reasoning of my students.

In a class of about 20+ just about 2 students find the Adam and Eve story to be some form of fairytale because it's completely lacks logic. Some of them would doubt for a sec and revert back to the default settings gs of "Adam and Eve are our ancestors". But the reaming 95% do not want to even consider anything.

They provide no room for analysis, critical thinking and i also noticed they are the ones with little or no self control.

We as African were doing so well in medicine like China but we now buy drugs from foreigners whom used African ideas to develop these drugs. We are not developing and it's not that the resources are unavailable, the resources are very much available but we are held down by ignorance. If Japan had the kind of resources and man power we had now im sure Japan would be standing shoulder to shoulder with China.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by kkins25(m): 6:30pm On Dec 31, 2018
budaatum:

I also don't believe it ohh. I'm 90s born too and would be very much ashamed if he is.

1 Like

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by vaxx: 6:47pm On Dec 31, 2018
kkins25:

I also don't believe it ohh. I'm 90s born too and would be very much ashamed if he is.
by the grace of God i am celebrating my 29th birthday tomorrow. Hope you will wish me well
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by kkins25(m): 6:53pm On Dec 31, 2018
vaxx:
by the grace of God i am celebrating my 29th birthday tomorrow. Hope you will wish me well
I'm 23. Your sure it ain't 49 or something other than 20- 9. Ohh you mean your online age..
If this is true I need to bury my head in books some more if only I can defeat the sleep demon dat lurks around me when I pick up a book. Lolzzzzz

1 Like

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by vaxx: 6:57pm On Dec 31, 2018
kkins25:

I'm 23. Your sure it ain't 49 or something other than 20- 9. Ohh you mean your online age..
If this is true I need to bury my head in books some more if only I can defeat the sleep demon dat lurks around me when I pick up a book. Lolzzzzz.
i am buzz already will reply you when i am back to my normal self.
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by budaatum: 7:21pm On Dec 31, 2018
vaxx:
29! Unbelievable! Young enough for me to have put my tit in your mouth and weaned you, and does explain why you reason like you do, no insult intended. You have a lot of information but have not had sufficient time to understand it's implication, and is what I hope to show on your thread but which you seem to be avoiding. Hope I did not stymie you by showing I am aware of what you mentioned.

Psychologically, I am a Jungian, and if you know anything about him, you'd know he was like one of the fathers of Cultural Psychology, though even he would admit to standing on the shoulders of the giants who went before him.

Do know that talking with you interests me immensely due to the wide knowledge you appear to have accumulated, but as Bloom, whom you made me aware of, showed, knowledge is just the beginning of thinking critically, which is what I've challenged you on thread after thread after thread on here.
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by budaatum: 7:30pm On Dec 31, 2018
kkins25:

If this is true I need to bury my head in books some more if only I can defeat the sleep demon dat lurks around me when I pick up a book. Lolzzzzz
You live in the best time ever as far as books are concerned. When I was about your age, I was robbing my parents for money to buy books. And when I grew up a little, I shipped books to my people back home, but these days, quite a lot are available for free on the Internet. You should take advantage of this fact in case like me, you go blind when you get older and can't read as much anymore.

Remember, you cannot teach unless you yourself have learnt.

1 Like

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by Nobody: 10:32pm On Dec 31, 2018
budaatum:

No one is saying "the black man was always at 'rock bottom'" ! Stop strawmaning people! Blacks never ruled the world! In fact, no race ever ruled the world! They might have ruled parts of it, but never the entire world, and the entire extent of any particular African empire never even ruled the whole of Africa, not to talk of the entire world!

I have mostly used the term 'THEN WORLD' as it pertains to the major empires that ruled during those periods, and in a way one can say they ruled the world because they were more civilised , advanced and less superstitious than other people in far reaching places on the planet.

I am a black Nigerian living amongst white folks and manage quite a few of them. Do you think I walk down the road subservient to them, or that I am a savage? When I say "go", they go, and when I say "come", they come, first note that!

Who's saying we have always been savages here?

Good, I am based on the UK in a similar sort of situation.

What I meant to say is that from your numerous posts, it almost seems as if you cannot bring yourself to believe that the African black man ruled the THEN WORLD at one time or another in human history.

I suppose sacrificing humans to gods would qualify as savagery, but were the British not savages at some point? Were the Romans not savages at some point? Were the Germanians not savages at some point? How about the Chinese and the Aztecs, all did after all sacrifice humans to their gods at some point, despite the fact that some have rewritten their savage history to hide the fact?

Almost every, if not all, races have savagery in their history if you dig back deep enough, is what we are saying, and no nation has progressed by going backwards. You progress by learning from others and when you refuse to learn from others, you decline! Going back to some mythical past state of unsavagery will only perpetuate savagery! Mao tried it and millions died!

Can you not find it within yourself an appreciation for the fact that the black man has also played a huge part in human development , civilisation, advanced technology, politics and culture.

Besides I have never in this article or out of this article suggested that we should go back to savagery, human sacrifice or superstition. My main point is that we do not need the White or Arab man's approval to define our identity. Just as you said that other races have evolved from savagery to form their own identity in a more civilised and advanced setting , similarly Africans also need to evolve from current religious fanaticism , superstition and savagery , to a more civilised existence that promotes reason , logic and appreciation for our culture and a strong belief that we can be better and make the lives of our people better from its current dire state. Further, we need to begin to hold our leaders accountable and use our voting power to get rid of the 'dead wood' that have held us back for ages.

That's a lie! The Aztecs never ruled the world, despite their greatness! The Chinese, the Indians, the Arabs all never ruled the world despite their greatness! Even the Romans, the Greeks, the Spaniards and the Germans never ruled the world despite their greatness All nations have never at one time ruled the world! In fact, no nation, or race even, has ever ruled the world, and no nation has ever even ruled the whole of Africa! Not Mansa Musa, not the Egyptians, or even the Europeans, for that matter!

I probably made a too generalised statement, however what I meant to say was that most races have at one time or the other in ancient history ruled the THEN WORLD. So this applies to African blacks, European white , Asians etc

Europe ruled the world through its empires , Rome ruled the world, America rules the world today ( believe it or not ) , Egypt once ruled the THE WORLD.

No we weren't "the only set of people who ABANDONED our way of life WHOLESALE for that of the foreigner"! The entire Europe abandoned their barbaric way of life and accepted foreign Christianity! The whole Arab world abandoned their barbaric way of life and accepted foreign Judaism and called it Islam! Britain abandoned its barbaric way of life and adopted foreign Christianity. And most, and if not all of those places are thriving!

Britain is mostly irreligious as we speak and the west in general is heading that way including America. Science could not and did not make any remarkable inroads in Europe until the church was subdued and people were free to invent, innovate and industrialise their economies. Many Europeans will tell you that religion i.e Christianity , held them back from progress for over a millennia. Christian Europe was also extremely superstitious, 'witches' were sought and killed, people were burnt at the stake etc. It was a period of immense savagery, intolerance and inhumanity. In other words they may have abandoned a previously barbaric life style , but this was not replaced with utopia, rather Europe became twice as barbaric because of religion. This is a fact.

Whenever I land in Nigeria, I feel like I have travelled back in time, as far as our religious fervour goes, I guess I know my history. All nations were at the fanatic stage when they 'initially' adopt a foreign religion. Do you know that Europe was thrown into the dark ages through its uncritical fanatical acceptance of Christianity and that it was the arrival of Islam that brought them out of its practice of "virulent forms of religious fanaticism and terrorism"? All over Europe in the dark ages, "Jesus was Lord", and God help you if you disagreed. You'd be burnt at the stake for not going to church at one point! But look at Europe today, thriving, despite Church in every parish. I look out my window and there's four already, albeit one has been converted to flats today and another is a mosque. I wonder what they would have been like if they had stuck to their barbaric ways and not accepted foreign ideology!!

Church in every Parish - looool.

Many churches are closing shop and are being replaced with mosques, shops and even museums. Besides, when you go to a typical Parish church here in the UK, you will mostly meet the elderly , a few families and foreigners. Church in the UK is very sparsely attended except for when there are weddings or other religious celebrations. I dare say that Christianity is only alive in name in the UK , it is almost totally dead in practice.

As I said, this is where your thread makes sense, but your approach doesn't. You seem to think it is foreign religion that has to die, where I would say it is our religious ideology that has to be killed.

Nope, I do not intend to go back to running around naked, worshipping pieces of wood and sacrificing animals. Life is more interesting now, thank you very much grin

I suppose we may be saying the same thing about religion from two slightly different angles

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by hayoholla(m): 10:46pm On Dec 31, 2018
kkins25:

which land hasn't suffered the pestilence of war? asians, native Americans all gnashed their teeths to the drums of war beaten by the might europeans. millions of asians were killed but take a look at asian countries now. they all moved forward despite the unbearable pain. whats stopping nigeria.

we are just to emotional and too sentimental to a fault. our greatest undoing. too sulky a continent! instead of moving on and pick up the pieces with pride, we instead chose to lick our wounds, in consequence, we suffer more infections, infection that manifest in even our reasoning! we are the architect of our misfortune, not some smart europeans

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by budaatum: 12:09am On Jan 01, 2019
frosbel2:
I suppose we may be saying the same thing about religion from two slightly different angles

frosbel2:
If we are ever going to move forward, we have to purge our land from these foreign religions and start again to build what we have destroyed.

The ancestors are crying.

And if you were paying attention, you might have seen where we agree and where we don't!

Anyway, I'm not going to waste anymore time on this. When you have the time, go over the thread and see what has been said so far. Just a few things.

There is nothing like a "then world". The world has always been "the world", even when people in one part of earth thought it was flat and the bit they were aware of, ignorantly, was the entire earth! Dishonesty was not brought to you by Europeans and neither was an inability to admit when wrong! Purge it please!

Second. There was no time when Africa could have been said to have been ruled by anyone, not Egypt, not Mansa Musa, and not the Europeans, who at one time split most of it, but not all of it, amongst them. There were still parts of it they never colonised, but even they adopted foreign ideology and the adoption of other people's ideas has moved us forward, on the whole

Third. No one is saying Africa did not contribute towards human progress, so stop insulting me without reason! Every society has contributed towards human development, and what we now have is an amalgamation of that contribution. And any purge of any bit of it is throwing away the baby with the bath water. Just remember, the so called foreigner who bought you your current religion also brought you other things like the ability to travel huge distances within a short time, the ability to hold conversations with people far away whom you don't know and may never see, and the ability to cure diseases you thought were inflicted on you by evil spirits, along with your desire to live amongst them, all of which I'm sure you'd not want to give up, or "purge and start again"!

Fourth. Ancestors crying my ass! To begin with ancestor worship is simply the art of holding on to the past, which in your case, I have continously described as mythical and false, with your glorious past which wasn't glorious at all! But greater than that is you not recognising that religion, including Christianity, Islam, or our own specific worship of our gods, is based on the worship of ideas promoted by the dead, even if some claim their god is a living god! Dead people don't cry, frosbel2!

And finally, stop letting your egotistical need to be right make you not accept when you are wrong. I'd ask someone to advise you on this, since it seems he finally learnt the error of his ways, but it is perhaps a lesson best learnt without anyone teaching it you. You will know when you've learnt it, for now, just take note

Once again thank you immensely for starting this wonderful educative thread, frosbel2. We are all improved by it.
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by budaatum: 12:13am On Jan 01, 2019
And one more thing! It is not true that we may never recover from this so called blow. You, frosbel2, are evidence of the glorious future we are walking into!

The blow would be if you were ignorant, which I assure you, you are not.
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by budaatum: 2:34am On Jan 01, 2019
For anyone interested in Why Nations Fail, referenced above, you can download a free copy here and I'll pay for it.

Just let me know you downloaded it if you please. And share it with as many people as you wish remembering that ignorance is not bliss, but poverty, short lives and death!
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by vaxx: 8:50am On Jan 01, 2019
budaatum:

29! Unbelievable! Young enough for me to have put my tit in your mouth and weaned you, and does explain why you reason like you do, no insult intended. You have a lot of information but have not had sufficient time to understand it's implication, and is what I hope to show on your thread but which you seem to be avoiding. Hope I did not stymie you by showing I am aware of what you mentioned.

Psychologically, I am a Jungian, and if you know anything about him, you'd know he was like one of the fathers of Cultural Psychology, though even he would admit to standing on the shoulders of the giants who went before him.

Do know that talking with you interests me immensely due to the wide knowledge you appear to have accumulated, but as Bloom, whom you made me aware of, showed, knowledge is just the beginning of thinking critically, which is what I've challenged you on thread after thread after thread on here.
Age has nothing to do with comprehension. It is too wrong to come with such excuses.

The basis of understanding needs to do with constant self development that maybe gotten thru books or ideas shared with intellectual. You may be aware of the book due to the age factor, but the understanding of the book does not tied up with age.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by vaxx: 9:37am On Jan 01, 2019
kkins25:

The one who won the battle most have had some advantage over the other. Europeans invaded and defeated us in our own land. Even though they were at a disadvantage in terms of terrai, climatic conditions and probably numbers of warriors.
Africa did its best to withstand the intruders for some time, the ashanti tribe of ghana is one of those communities that were almost a formidable opponent. Nonetheless, the more cunning and crafty Party took the victory.
They may have won because of battle techniques and weaponry.

I am a black man, i do not beat my chest when I say the european man is somewhat an advanced sapien specie.
I say this because like us the Europeans or Caucasians once upon a time were infected with the same disease(religion) that infects us today.

They have evolved above it because they make use of their cerebrum. I stand to be corrected but if one African country was suffering from its ignorance then it would be silly to conclude that Africans have a defect or are not evolved as its Caucasian counterpart. But the whole Africa is suffering from the same white or foreign-man invented pathogen(just a factor though) .

Arabians came to take slaves from Africa, Europeans came to take slaves, Americans came to take slaves. They were all coming to Africa because they were the easiest bush meat to catch. Now China is putting chains on us again. It seems the level of intelligence our fore fathers left us with is the same one we use today.

Take a look at ghana with low rate of out of school kids but still development is going slow. They too are so damn religious,"Everything is in God's hands".
I've heard were someone says drugs can't work without God's permission or something like that. I was devastated. We Nigerian youths are so lazy and vision less that we are willing to kill ourselves for the same tyrants that sold us as slaves.

Blacks are evolving but at a very slow rate. I know this because, as a teacher I sometimes try to evaluate the faculty of reasoning of my students.

In a class of about 20+ just about 2 students find the Adam and Eve story to be some form of fairytale because it's completely lacks logic. Some of them would doubt for a sec and revert back to the default settings gs of "Adam and Eve are our ancestors". But the reaming 95% do not want to even consider anything.

They provide no room for analysis, critical thinking and i also noticed they are the ones with little or no self control.

We as African were doing so well in medicine like China but we now buy drugs from foreigners whom used African ideas to develop these drugs. We are not developing and it's not that the resources are unavailable, the resources are very much available but we are held down by ignorance. If Japan had the kind of resources and man power we had now im sure Japan would be standing shoulder to shoulder with China.

Africa is not poor, it is poorly managed”. Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf. Former Liberia President .

Our resources enrich the rest of the world, Without our resources, forget about electronics (computers, cell-phones, etc), without Ghana and Ivory Coast, forget about chocolates, without DRC, Botswana, and South Africa, forget about fancy marriage rings, and jewerly or anything else. This list is endless.

There is another Africa that the media never wants to you to see. The positive Africa that is prosperous, progressive and just as developed as the West. Sadly, the NGO industry machine and the western countries never want you to see this side..

So many african state do have state of the art tech . we even use high tech gadgets like the rest of the world, I myself use a PS4 right in Nigeria before. while using LTE internet to stream and download online games at great speeds. In african countries (that i know of like Nigeria, ivory coast, Ghana)had an impressive banking system . wherever I am in the country as long as I have my phone or tablet. I. Can conduct my transaction anywhere.. i also know we have online shops which are similar to Amazon (such as jumia ). There is an impressive call cable tv . We called it. (DSTV) where we can also stream movies etc. we have smart TV’s. Abuja justl recenlty laucnh a high speed train system.. so dont be too carried away with this propaganda news about africa.

Though to an extent, we aren't on the same ladder with the west, but i beg to blame religion as the cause of it. The founder of the automobile industry "in Ghana "kantaka motors is an apostle. I will rather shift the blame on responsibility lays with governments, which consistently miss on opportunity to gradually increase expenses on the general educational and continue to throw money into the current consumption abyss. They are good brains in africa regardless of religion connection. What we don't have is good governance as Liberia female President put it.

2 Likes

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by urahara(m): 10:01am On Jan 01, 2019
vaxx:
i will recommend this book for you. Guns , germs and steel by jered diamond. Pls get a copy.

See Africa was the first to expand and conquer regions as far as India so i will not thoroughly accept superior technology though it is a factor to consider

Kingdoms from Africa expanded from Egypt to the Near East. The kingdom of Aksum expanded to establish governors in Yemen, that was from the 4th century (Abraha the Qur'anic character).

The Almoravid dynasty that occupied almost all southern Europe, and that was very recently (from around the 11th century to around the 14th century) came from Africa. They established themselves in all big European centers of that time and converted lots of Europeans to Islam.

Africa and Africans started exploiting other regions of the world first before anybody else. That situation lasted for millennials but this was much more peaceful compare to the way the European did it.

Unfortunately , horn Africans are not black
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by Nobody: 10:03am On Jan 01, 2019
vaxx:
Age has nothing to do with comprehension. It is too wrong to come with such excuses.

The basis of understanding needs to do with constant self development that maybe gotten thru books or ideas shared with intellectual. You may be aware of the book due to the age factor, but the understanding of the book does not tied up with age.

well said

1 Like

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by vaxx: 10:33am On Jan 01, 2019
urahara:

Unfortunately , horn Africans are not black
Humanity began in Africa. Humans have lived in Africa longer than they have lived outside of it. So, logically, there is more diversity within Africa than outside of it. And that is why there is a plethora of “looks” that various African ethnic groups may have.

There is still a great deal of ignorance people have about the continent and its history, especially from the people of the west. .

You have been reading a lot of western literature which tend to have a stereotypical image of what all Africans must belief, look like, behave, are capable of, and have done in their history. The truth is that the reality is often very different from what they imagine.

most people from the horn are part of the Hamitic subrace of the Caucasian race. These include the Oromo in Ethiopia and the Somali peoples. There are also Semitic people in the north of Ethiopia and Eritrea, they are a mix of the aforementioned Hamites and the Semites from Arabia.

1 Like

Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by urahara(m): 10:39am On Jan 01, 2019
vaxx:
Humanity began in Africa. Humans have lived in Africa longer than they have lived outside of it. So, logically, there is more diversity within Africa than outside of it. And that is why there is a plethora of “looks” that various African ethnic groups may have.

There is still a great deal of ignorance people have about the continent and its history, especially from the people of the west. .

You have been reading a lot of western literature which tend to have a stereotypical image of what all Africans must belief, look like, behave, are capable of, and have done in their history. The truth is that the reality is often very different from what they imagine.

most people from the horn are part of the Hamitic subrace of the Caucasian race. These include the Oromo in Ethiopia and the Somali peoples. There are also Semitic people in the north of Ethiopia and Eritrea, they are a mix of the aforementioned Hamites and the Semites from Arabia

Aren't we saying the same thing
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by vaxx: 10:45am On Jan 01, 2019
urahara:

Aren't we saying the same thing
Yes of course but does not make them less african due their race.
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by urahara(m): 10:48am On Jan 01, 2019
vaxx:
Yes of course but does not make them less african due their race.

They are African in the same way libyans and moroccoans are African , the main issue at ground is the negroid man.
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by vaxx: 11:09am On Jan 01, 2019
urahara:

They are African in the same way libyans and moroccoans are African , the main issue at ground is the negroid man.
This is what one of the famous atheist "" Richard Dawkins ""called 'tyranny of the discontinuous mind'. There are no distinct races - there is a smooth gradient of intermediates between races, with African ancestors of all humans migrating to produce all other 'kinds' of people. At each step, however, the change was no more remarkable than the changes between parent and child""
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by urahara(m): 11:27am On Jan 01, 2019
vaxx:
This is what one of the famous atheist "" Richard Dawkins ""called 'tyranny of the discontinuous mind'. There are no distinct races - there is a smooth gradient of intermediates between races, with African ancestors of all humans migrating to produce all other 'kinds' of people. At each step, however, the change was no more remarkable than the changes between parent and child""

Then let's exclude those with Eurasian ancestry on the spectrum
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by vaxx: 11:34am On Jan 01, 2019
urahara:

Then let's exclude those with Eurasian ancestry on the spectrum
Should we also exclude their geographical location which obviously is located in Africa. The kemet (land of the black people).
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by urahara(m): 11:36am On Jan 01, 2019
vaxx:
Should we also exclude their geographical location which obviously is located in Africa. The kemet (land of the black people).

Egyptians were never black .that is a hard core fact
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by vaxx: 11:40am On Jan 01, 2019
urahara:

Egyptians were never black .that is a hard core fact
This is not true as many evidence suggest otherwise. Even a prestigious university(Cambridge) attested to this as it written bodly and explained in their web link.
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by urahara(m): 11:41am On Jan 01, 2019
vaxx:
This is not true as many evidence suggest otherwise. Even a prestigious university attested to this as it written bodly and explained in their web link.

Evidence please . Post your source
Re: Africans May Never Recover From This Blow by urahara(m): 11:42am On Jan 01, 2019
vaxx:
This is not true as many evidence suggest otherwise. Even a prestigious university(Cambridge) attested to this as it written bodly and explained in their web link.

If that is so , why do modern egyptains look like berbers

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Is Thanksgiving Biblical? / Should Restitution Be Preached? / How Can I Join Ogboni Or Something Similar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.