Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,308 members, 7,819,051 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:37 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2193049 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by JesusBabyyy: 7:01pm On May 30, 2019
Hello my people

Please seniors in the house, do customs in Murtala airport disturb if one declares traveling with above 20k usd?..
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by subuolaba: 7:02pm On May 30, 2019
finishedworks:

Yes, but they collected the naira equivalent. We paid about 86k something.

Thank you and very best in Canny
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by subuolaba: 7:13pm On May 30, 2019
finishedworks:

Yes, but they collected the naira equivalent. We paid about 86k something.

Thanks. Wishing you and ur family the very best in Canny.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Natalie27: 9:18pm On May 30, 2019
Thanks . Can he be added if I provide his username .. he has downloaded the app

Chirolechick:
There is telegram group

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by teepee4Him(m): 12:13am On May 31, 2019
GozyNA:
As earlier promised,

Landing Gist!!! grin

Hello bro, Congrats on your arrival. In your landing post, you said you didn't shine your eyes before opening an account. Do you have suggestions that may be useful while deciding between RBC and Scotia Bank for newcomers?

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by teepee4Him(m): 12:26am On May 31, 2019
Greetings all, I plan to land in Toronto in a couple of days and will like to inquire about a suitable bank account to open. I am interested in an account that will waive monthly fees (now and in the future) with a direct deposit or with a minimum balance of not more than $500 CAD.

Also, tips/connections on how to get a 'survival job' immediately after landing will be deeply appreciated.

Much thanks.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Mudicua: 12:34am On May 31, 2019
Hello everyone.
Please i am asking for a friend who has PR and wants to visit the US. But wondering if they have to apply for a visitor visa to US with a Canadian PR?

Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by CanadianNaija: 12:55am On May 31, 2019
Mudicua:
Hello everyone.
Please i am asking for a friend who has PR and wants to visit the US. But wondering if they have to apply for a visitor visa to US with a Canadian PR?

Your response will be greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

Yes. He/she is still a Nigerian citizen.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by damilola1978: 1:23am On May 31, 2019
Please anyone has room for let in markham?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ronnie1984(f): 3:15am On May 31, 2019
Hello please am in edmonton and will like to know about the shaw deal. Please kindly tell me how to reach u.

Tone23:

@Iamdoingthings, I've just replied your email.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ronnie1984(f): 3:20am On May 31, 2019
Hi...please can you hook me up...?
Tone23:

@Iamdoingthings, I've just replied your email.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by enemyofprogress: 4:37am On May 31, 2019
I'm still job hunting o,if anyone has any info about job pls kindly PM me.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 5:29am On May 31, 2019
Ronnie1984:
Hi...please can you hook me up...?

Done. You got connected just in time!!!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by mosky47: 8:36am On May 31, 2019
Nice.
Congrats!!!
GozyNA:
As earlier promised,

Landing Gist!!! grin

I will probably put up interesting pictures as they come and as I see fit. Also if there is a whatsapp group for Calgary, please I would like to be added to it.

Forgot to add earlier that I had to explain the Express Entry process in summary twice to different officials at the airport.

I pray this land favors us all. Amen!!!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Adabekee005: 10:42am On May 31, 2019
Please is there any whatsapp group for Canadian permanent residents? I'll love to be added to it.

I just received my copr and preparing to travel by end of July. I'll stay with my friend in Mississauga till I find my footing and get a job so I can't say where I'll be based for now.

Please I really want to join a whatsapp group. �
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by gbengaolu360: 12:07pm On May 31, 2019
Is there any watsapp group for APEGA Alberta engineers?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by fizzile(m): 3:37pm On May 31, 2019
Adabekee005:
Please is there any whatsapp group for Canadian permanent residents? I'll love to be added to it.

I just received my copr and preparing to travel by end of July. I'll stay with my friend in Mississauga till I find my footing and get a job so I can't say where I'll be based for now.

Please I really want to join a whatsapp group. �
Yes there is a group for those who wana reside in the GTA
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tochai007(m): 4:09pm On May 31, 2019
fizzile:
Yes there is a group for those who wana reside in the GTA

Hi @fizzile, I'll like to be added to this group.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by fizzile(m): 4:55pm On May 31, 2019
Tochai007:

Hi @fizzile, I'll like to be added to this group.
Send a pm to me
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Gec8: 8:31pm On May 31, 2019
enemyofprogress:
I'm still job hunting o,if anyone has any info about job pls kindly PM me.

How long have you been on this?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by enemyofprogress: 10:33pm On May 31, 2019
Gec8:

How long have you been on this?
just few weeks old
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Hadampson(m): 10:40pm On May 31, 2019
enemyofprogress:
just few weeks old

Subscribe to ziprecruiter, monster and indeed for job openings.

17 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by enemyofprogress: 10:41pm On May 31, 2019
Hadampson:

Subscribe to ziprecruiter, monster and indeed for job openings.
ok thanks

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Hadampson(m): 10:45pm On May 31, 2019
enemyofprogress:
ok thanks

You welcome boss smiley
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by damilola1978: 10:59pm On May 31, 2019
damilola1978:
Please anyone has room for let in markham?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by WeAreDLucky1s: 12:55am On Jun 01, 2019
MummyJaygirls:
The way Edmonton looks right now, thanks to the wild fires in Highlevel, Alberta.

Edmonton is about 7hr away from Highlevel, so imagine as the place is.

Kudos to the firefighters and others combating the fires

...wow! Are you into professional Photography?...you sure do. This landscape is awesome. 100%

Well well, not forgetting the wildfire story...sure you guys are fine?

I just had to give a thumbs up. Permit me tell you a secret, keep this image, a year time, pick it up, and you'll see beauty in it!, so much more than today.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by asla007: 2:09am On Jun 01, 2019
Hello all. Pls is it possible to land at a province with no prior relationship with anyone and still do well, I mean in terms of settling in. I have someone in BC but will love to land and start off in Alberta.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jhoci: 6:39am On Jun 01, 2019
Welcome to Calgary!

GozyNA:
As earlier promised,

Landing Gist!!! grin

I will probably put up interesting pictures as they come and as I see fit. Also if there is a whatsapp group for Calgary, please I would like to be added to it.

Forgot to add earlier that I had to explain the Express Entry process in summary twice to different officials at the airport.

I pray this land favors us all. Amen!!!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 7:53am On Jun 01, 2019
MummyJaygirls:
The way Edmonton looks right now, thanks to the wild fires in Highlevel, Alberta.

Superstore close to claireview if I'm not mistaken lol
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by otokx(m): 8:24am On Jun 01, 2019
MummyJaygirls:

Wonder how it smells

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.