Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,581 members, 7,837,192 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (653) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2208793 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (715) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lawani: 3:29pm On Jun 28, 2023
Alchemist01:

It's not about law of karma lmao. I'm not just open to dating someone seriously that doesn't share the same culture as me.

For others it may be different.

Trust me if you don't have a morally defensible reason for anything then you are courting Karma. Not that you won't get another person but it won't be the same quality. If the first one truly loves you the next one sent by Karma won't. That's how it works.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 3:55pm On Jun 28, 2023
Alchemist01:

Lmao, so the fact that I don't have money or car means I should give up

Maybe I would just date someone back home, afterall I am traveling later this year.
Ha
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Alchemist01: 6:07pm On Jun 28, 2023
lawani:

Trust me if you don't have a morally defensible reason for anything then you are courting Karma. Not that you won't get another person but it won't be the same quality. If the first one truly loves you the next one sent by Karma won't. That's how it works.

What the Bleep are you talking about? I don't even express interest in girls of other races because I don't see a future with them and I have explained why.

And you are talking about courting karma? You can't be serious. Everybody has what their preferences is.

You better remove the karma fantasy from your brain cus it doesn't exist. If it did, all the terrible people in world wouldn't be living great lives but they are.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Alchemist01: 6:08pm On Jun 28, 2023
aestake:

Ha

Haa wetin??
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by wwwtortoise(m): 8:56pm On Jun 28, 2023
Gerrard59:

Young men these days still believe in love? grin grin What you have is hypergamical transaction in place. If you had say a US passport, those Nigerian ladies who declined your interest will swoon over you.

As it is, you bring nothing to the table. That is the truth. In fact, you don't have a table.

Comrade take it easy on the young man.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ahmadinho2010(m): 10:08pm On Jun 28, 2023
Good evening house , please I’m trying to get into Nova Scotia , please can anyone give me little gist on what to expect about this please
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Biola67: 10:09pm On Jun 28, 2023
Alchemist01:

What the Bleep are you talking about? I don't even express interest in girls of other races because I don't see a future with them and I have explained why.

And you are talking about courting karma? You can't be serious. Everybody has what their preferences is.

You better remove the karma fantasy from your brain cus it doesn't exist. If it did, all the terrible people in world wouldn't be living great lives but they are.
Na wicked people Dey last pass 😆😆

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Gerrard59(m): 10:44pm On Jun 28, 2023
Alchemist01:

Maybe I would just date someone back home, afterall I am traveling later this year.

And a major reason she will accept your interest is because you reside in Canada. That is the hypergamy in relationships. You need to understand the world for what it is rather than what you think it should be.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Alchemist01: 1:30am On Jun 29, 2023
Gerrard59:

And a major reason she will accept your interest is because you reside in Canada. That is the hypergamy in relationships. You need to understand the world for what it is rather than what you think it should be.

You are so obsessed with "hypergamy".

Every woman is hypergamous whether here or in Nigeria. Every woman wants a man that is doing well and can take care of them when need be.

So what you're saying doesn't matter.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by seguno2: 2:01am On Jun 29, 2023
Alchemist01:

Every woman is hypergamous whether here or in Nigeria. Every woman wants a man that is doing well and can take care of them when need be.

Why does a basic fact of life not matter to you

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Gerrard59(m): 2:36am On Jun 29, 2023
Alchemist01:

You knew this, yet you stated this?

Alchemist01:

Again, I repeat, you don't have a table. If you like hit on your head against the wall in Canada, those Nigerian girls with Canadian residency would not look at your face. You might even be lucky with black ladies who were born and bred there, but with first-generation Nigerian girls wey sabi the A - Z of how Nigerian men behave? What do you want to tell her that she does not know?

You claim to know that women need good life, but here you are lamenting that Nigerian girls are not interested in you. Like I do write on Nairaland, na Bolu and Amaka una go return to marry. grin

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lawani: 6:03am On Jun 29, 2023
Alchemist01:

Which one would you prefer?. Live lavishly to impress people through fraud and be disgraced or bankrupted during your old age or even on the last day of your life or suffer for a long time and be vindicated at the tail end with a glorious ending. It is always one of the two. The only difference is the length of the pain or length of the enjoyment period. Which do you prefer?. A good ending or bad ending?. You can't have both and it is the one you work for you will have

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ahmadinho2010(m): 6:50am On Jun 29, 2023
Please who had any info of what to expect in Sydney Nova Scotia when it comes to getting employment and general environment [color=#000099][/color]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by keleto(m): 6:54am On Jun 29, 2023
keleto:
[color=#006600]Please can someone kindly direct me on how to apply for POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE (PCC) for PR application from Canada to Nigerian Police.
I was told to there are private organisation that can help do that . Please i need detail explanation if you have done that before.

THANKS

PLS I REALLY RESPONSE. TIME IS RUNNING OUT.
The possap.gov.ng is not going through[/color]
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by okikiosibodu(m): 6:56am On Jun 29, 2023
Sommie2012:

I also live in Manitoba, and seeing a career path in IT. lets connect and possibly get your whatsapp details. thanks
Good morning. I don't mind mentorship in Data Analysis too.. Biko
Cc: Awys
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Biola67: 1:21pm On Jun 29, 2023
Gerrard59:

Again, I repeat, you don't have a table. If you like hit on your head against the wall in Canada, those Nigerian girls with Canadian residency would not look at your face. You might even be lucky with black ladies who were born and bred there, but with first-generation Nigerian girls wey sabi the A - Z of how Nigerian men behave? What do you want to tell her that she does not know?

You claim to know that women need good life, but here you are lamenting that Nigerian girls are not interested in you. Like I do write on Nairaland, na Bolu and Amaka una go return to marry. grin
Relax. Na man Dey do man. Na wa
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lawani: 2:05pm On Jun 29, 2023
Gerrard59:

When going into any kind of partnership, what you need is value and it means what the partnership needs that you have. It is not always money. Not everything is money, some people don't need more money than they already have and there have been people who turned down opportunities to make money. There are people that chose austerity over prosperity including both men and women. There are many things on offer outside money especially when poverty is not the problem of the intending partners

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 3:24pm On Jun 29, 2023
keleto:

PLS I REALLY RESPONSE. TIME IS RUNNING OUT.
The possap.gov.ng is not going through
call inspector moshood
https://www.nairaland.com/6829885/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/485#124099997
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 3:35pm On Jun 29, 2023
lawani:

When going into any kind of partnership, what you need is value and it means what the partnership needs that you have. It is not always money. Not everything is money, some people don't need more money than they already have and there have been people who turned down opportunities to make money. There are people that chose austerity over prosperity including both men and women. There are many things on offer outside money especially when poverty is not the problem of the intending partners
like......
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 3:41pm On Jun 29, 2023
Alchemist01:

Haa wetin??
Gerrard59 just explained it. I had no strength for back and forth. I believe you understand now.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by keleto(m): 8:04pm On Jun 29, 2023
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Raalsalghul: 8:34pm On Jun 29, 2023
Alchemist01:

He's actually right and it would do you a lot of good to listen to him.

Delete that illusion of "love" from your mentality because unfortunately that's the way the world operates.

Something I learned late in life.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 11:28pm On Jun 29, 2023
Raalsalghul:

He's actually right and it would do you a lot of good to listen to him.

Delete that illusion of "love" from your mentality because unfortunately that's the way the world operates.

Something I learned late in life.

Absolutely
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Gerrard59(m): 3:32am On Jun 30, 2023
lawani:

Unfortunately, in the eyes of Nigerian women in Canada, he is currently poor as he does not have a job. I don't know why you people are running away from reality. This dude is unemployed. In Nigeria, the same calibre of women will not touch him with a pole, then he expects them to do the same in Canada? C'mon! Values come after the economics have been settled, not before. It is Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

If he gets a job with Google tomorrow, those same ladies will give him an audience even though he has a Nigerian passport. That is how relationships have worked for donkey years. My issue is that he refuses to accept this FACT. Now, he believes his best chances are with women in Nigeria, which is true. But largely because he is based in Canada. Meanwhile, in same Nigeria, there are men like him who have not been given an audience by the same women who he (OP) will target.

H for HYPERGAMY. Why is this too difficult to accept? Tell me, what does this man bring to the table? Mind you, we are talking about Nigerian women who were BORN and BRED in Nigeria, not those who were born and bred in Canada. These women know Nigerian men better than other women. So, what the heck is he bringing to the table? I love you, oya, talk your own?

It sounds unfair to men just starting life, but that is life, it has never been fair.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lawani: 10:50am On Jun 30, 2023
Gerrard59:

Unfortunately, in the eyes of Nigerian women in Canada, he is currently poor as he does not have a job. I don't know why you people are running away from reality. This dude is unemployed. In Nigeria, the same calibre of women will not touch him with a pole, then he expects them to do the same in Canada? C'mon! Values come after the economics have been settled, not before. It is Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

If he gets a job with Google tomorrow, those same ladies will give him an audience even though he has a Nigerian passport. That is how relationships have worked for donkey years. My issue is that he refuses to accept this FACT. Now, he believes his best chances are with women in Nigeria, which is true. But largely because he is based in Canada. Meanwhile, in same Nigeria, there are men like him who have not been given an audience by the same women who he (OP) will target.

H for HYPERGAMY. Why is this too difficult to accept? Tell me, what does this man bring to the table? Mind you, we are talking about Nigerian women who were BORN and BRED in Nigeria, not those who were born and bred in Canada. These women know Nigerian men better than other women. So, what the heck is he bringing to the table? I love you, oya, talk your own?

It sounds unfair to men just starting life, but that is life, it has never been fair.

You need a stable source of income surely and there is nobody without a source of income else they would die but there are women who would take you as you are and there are women who would never marry you no matter how much money you have. Honour, value are better than cash. Money is highest value for some not even for most. Some want to marry into a good family, some want a well educated man, some want a caring, intelligent, handsome etc and of course what you lack or like should be part of what you are seeking for in a partner. Some women will lose interest in you immediately they know you are sneaking out to sleep with other women, they have their reasons, some others will stay. Bottom line is we are all looking for the best according to our own standards but you can only pick from those you have access to. Money is a very serious consideration only to poor people who lack money

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by oluayebenz: 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2023
lawani:

You need a stable source of income surely and there is nobody without a source of income else they would die but there are women who would take you as you are and there are women who would never marry you no matter how much money you have. Honour, value are better than cash. Money is highest value for some not even for most. Some want to marry into a good family, some want a well educated man, some want a caring, intelligent, handsome etc and of course what you lack or like should be part of what you are seeking for in a partner. Some women will lose interest in you immediately they know you are sneaking out to sleep with other women, they have their reasons, some others will stay. Bottom line is we are all looking for the best according to our own standards but you can only pick from those you have access to. Money is a very serious consideration only to poor people who lack money

I don't even understand your claim.

Money is number one most people look at, honour or value will now later come into play.

Everybody wants a comfortable life, so there's nothing like real love if money is not involved.

Money is the oga patapata of them all both home and abroad, rich or poor.

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aurorae1: 1:47pm On Jun 30, 2023
oluayebenz:

Money is number one most people look at, honour or value will now later come into play.

Everybody wants a comfortable life, so there's nothing like real love if money is not involved.

He said it's a serious consideration not the number one...
I wish we understand that when it comes to homo sapiens, it's not often black and/or white, there is a big grey area.

While we are shaped by nature, yes even in the 21st century, the female DNA is honed to go after the best provider, for her and her progeny. Yet, we are intelligent beings and therefore economic, ethnic and societal norms and shifts come into play...

All in all, try shine your eye when it comes to people.
Everyone above has made poignant points, no one is entirely right as well as totally wrong.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lawani: 2:06pm On Jun 30, 2023
aurorae1:

He said it's a serious consideration not the number one...
I wish we understand that when it comes to homo sapiens, it's not often black and/or white, there is a big grey area.

While we are shaped by nature, yes even in the 21st century, the female DNA is honed to go after the best provider, for her and her progeny. Yet, we are intelligent beings and therefore economic, ethnic and societal norms and shifts come into play...

All in all, try shine your eye when it comes to people.
Everyone above has made poignant points, no one is entirely right as well as totally wrong.

If woman too no fine, no get job, no get money, no get home training, who go marry am?. Na only woman be hypergamous?.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lawani: 2:09pm On Jun 30, 2023
oluayebenz:

Most decent girls infact majority of girls will choose a man with a much lower income over a rich man with a questionable source of income
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 3:15pm On Jun 30, 2023
lawani:

Most decent girls infact majority of girls will choose a man with a much lower income over a rich man with a questionable source of income
You zay what!? Lol cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Mackie1(m): 3:37pm On Jun 30, 2023
lawani:

Bruhhh lowkey I've been behind you... But this your take. Naaa.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lawani: 4:01pm On Jun 30, 2023
Mackie1:

Bruhhh lowkey I've been behind you... But this your take. Naaa.

If your daughter wants to marry a rich man, you would want to know what the source of income is. For instance not every family can agree that their daughter marry a yahoo boy.

(1) (2) (3) ... (650) (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) ... (715) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.