Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,985 members, 7,814,358 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:38 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (656) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2187359 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by affoncad: 11:02pm On Jul 08, 2023
ednut1:
there is a less than 5% chance of this happening because most employers will rather employ those on ground with permanent residency or post graduate permit. Many of the job applications they ask for your status during applying and if you have visiting you will be screened out. The way agents are marketing this thing ehn. Just deceiving people upandan.

Oga,if u tell them dey no go listen,some nigerians are already Stranded in toronto and some homeless .Agent don collect huge money for common visitor visa with high hope they will change to work visa inside canada .now they arrive and see it not that easy.to make matter worst their so many over nigth immigration adviser dishing out unprofessional quack advice like @Ruskov..if you read the canada visitor section you will be shock!

Quoting one of his statement
"Best bet once you have TRV, begin to process permanent residence immediately"

Under what is this all this fake misleading statement ..our people are just too Gullible!!

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 11:13pm On Jul 08, 2023
affoncad:

Oga,if u tell them dey no go listen,some nigerians are already Stranded in toronto and some homeless .Agent don collect huge money for common visitor visa with high hope they will change to work visa inside canada .now they arrive and see it not that easy.to make matter worst their so many over nigth immigration adviser dishing out unprofessional quack advice like @Ruskov..if you read the canada visitor section you will be shock!

Under what is this all this fake misleading statement ..our people are just too Gullible!!

English is a very big problem to you. You are in Canada , I wonder how you went past IELTS.
Well it's fine , you called me here . Let me clear the air.
I said this, because most employers would like to see you on ground before deciding to do "business" with you , discuss salaries , etc before handing in documents for job offers and what have you.
Now there are pathways, for immigration you should follow. And most employers after giving you jobs (if you deem fit for the role , and providing you with proper documentation) you may decide to take. Some are pilot programs , which you use to apply for PNP programs. An example of which is the OINP and SINP programs in this context that needs a job offer.
Now I have a question for you, if a province weighs this options and grants you PNP, what next is left ?

Without bias , answer this question.

@ednut1 pls answer this too.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 11:34pm On Jul 08, 2023
Ruskov:

English is a very big problem to you. You are in Canada , I wonder how you went past IELTS.
Well it's fine , you called me here . Let me clear the air.
I said this, because most employers would like to see you on ground before deciding to do "business" with you , discuss salaries , etc before handing in documents for job offers and what have you.
Now there are pathways, for immigration you should follow. And most employers after giving you jobs (if you deem fit for the role , and providing you with proper documentation) you may decide to take. Some are pilot programs , which you use to apply for PNP programs. An example of which is the OINP and SINP programs in this context that needs a job offer.
Now I have a question for you, if a province weighs this options and grants you PNP, what next is left ?

Without bias , answer this question.

@ednut1 pls answer this too.
false information. Most employers will not entertain you without pr or post graduate work permit. Most employers don’t know how immigration works talk-less of LMIA. Like i said earlier you have less than a 5% chance thats if you have a scarce skill self. There are people paying as much as 20k to 30k for LMIA self.

13 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 11:36pm On Jul 08, 2023
affoncad:

let them come 😆. Canada no be USA where you can survive without papers.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Nobody: 11:37pm On Jul 08, 2023
ednut1:
false information. Most employers will not entertain you without pr or post graduate work permit. Most employers don’t know how immigration works talk-less of LMIA. Like i said earlier you have less than a 5% chance thats if you have a scarce skill self. There are people paying as much as 20k to 30k for LMIA self.

Ok accepted. There is no problem then. I'd refrain from advising going forward.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 11:37pm On Jul 08, 2023
Downtown Toronto from Etobicoke 😎

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by askarachi: 6:08pm On Jul 09, 2023
Hello boss please I’ll like to speak to you about an agent I’m using also
House34:

This smell like the normal visa scam..embassy do not text ,,even the agent told you biometic is done at the agent office ..i guess on paper..another red flag...i have seen many scam like this ...one agent even paste a fake visa,inside a guy passpport after collect milloons and then advice he pass via dubai since na special visa...all na scam !!!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by askarachi: 6:10pm On Jul 09, 2023
Can I get your email please I’m facing a similar situation
Skale007:
Hello everyone,

Please I will appreciate an assistance with a matter that I have been pondering on all day.

I am still here in Nigeria tho and there is this agent who a friend introduced me to. My friend happens to know someone in the UK who he chatted with that he is interested in relocating and she shared a contact with him. She told my friend that she got to the UK through the same agent. She said he doesn’t process UK for now tho that he can help with Canadian Sponsorship Visa and all he has to do is get a form from him first and then follow the steps.

Since I have my passport ready, I decided to reach out to the agent too. I paid for my form and did a lot which includes a statement of account for funds confirmation.

Now since everything was accepted, a text was sent to me from Canada Emb on an appointment date at Abuja which will be in about 2 weeks time from now.

I was scheduled so I decided to ask the agent for things I am meant to bring along with and he then immediately, he sent a text to me. I will paste it here so maybe someone with more experience can help me out because I have not done this before and I don’t know how true it is.

For better explanation, I will paste the message I got from the agent after I received a text from Canada Emb.

I have my doubts tho but please how real is this NON APPEARANCE thing?

“Good morning, I will advise you do non apperance, For non apperance you will not be interview before your visa will be issue, I can direct you to our office in Lagos if you prefer or you can visit our office in Abuja. You will do your biometric and then submit your international passport and your Sponsorship visa will be issue without interview.
Then with DHL, we will send it to you
NON APPEARANCE fee is fifty thousand naira only.

Thanks.”

I got this and I have been thinking how real it is to travel without going to the Embassy.

Someone should please help me here with an opinion.

Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MrRector(m): 9:12am On Jul 10, 2023
Thanks sir/ma I just want to try my luck,[/quote]
Check your DM
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:47pm On Jul 10, 2023
askarachi:
Hello boss please I’ll like to speak to you about an agent I’m using also
another scam victim. Una no dey ever learn 😭

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tannystacey: 11:31am On Jul 11, 2023
sad
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by SayNo2SmallPrik: 11:35am On Jul 11, 2023
You can only get right information from those that are in the country not from agent wey no get Intl passport. Know this and know peace. No come later ddy shout don’t come to canada ooooo

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by LholarB(f): 11:43am On Jul 11, 2023
Hello Guys , please I would like to ask if one can apply for a visit visa form Canada as a Student . I would also like to know what’s the timeline to get the visa , and what documents do I need to present

Also, do I need to schedule an interview appointment at the US Consulate ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Yaltz: 12:07pm On Jul 11, 2023
Please I need 1bedroom flat in London Ontario area for couple,

What is the processing of getting a driver license in Canada especially Ontario please any info will be appreciated
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by askarachi: 5:00pm On Jul 11, 2023
I didn’t quote your tweet or ask you for advice so if you can’t reply politely keep quiet
ednut1:
another scam victim. Una no dey ever learn 😭
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 5:48pm On Jul 11, 2023
askarachi:
I didn’t quote your tweet or ask you for advice so if you can’t reply politely keep quiet
you have been scammed you dey talk polite lol. Better go and report the agent to police

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by askarachi: 5:50pm On Jul 11, 2023
Okay, thanks
ednut1:
you have been scammed you dey talk polite lol. Better go and report the agent to police
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MayorOfEdmonton: 7:32pm On Jul 11, 2023
Jobsites...check indeed...LinkedIn...Glassdoor.

Fact that you have a family in Ontario will ease your settlement if the family is open to hosting you for a few weeks while you sort out long-term accommodation.

Some folks are fortunate enough to get jobs before they land usually close to when they land. I did, & I know someone else who did get a job before he landed too.

Data analysis na good field. When you check the job websites lookout for possible certifications required (if you don't have them yet) and try to get it before you arrive to make it easier to get employment in ur field. Google careers certificates dey move market in Canada I've heard.

All the best

tannystacey:
Please i need some advice. Im currently waiting for ppr, (already submitted passport) and I'm planning to relocate before the end of the year.. No spouse or kids so i have no dependents..

I'm in tech, i work currently as a data scientist but can also take on data analytical roles.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Abigbo: 7:25am On Jul 12, 2023
Good day all, please I need advice from those on ground already, I have offers from lambton college in sarnia,nova scotia college and medicine hat in Alberta. Please I need advise on which province to pick,especially in terms of jobs and accommodation.
My husband will be joining later by God's grace.
Thanks for the response!
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 11:34am On Jul 12, 2023
ednut1:

It depends on the company. Some companies will help with the work permit process.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Officialarhnie(f): 11:34am On Jul 12, 2023
megastu:
Temporary or permanent place?

Permanent place
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 11:41am On Jul 12, 2023
In everything you do please be very careful and do not fall for scams. Try to do your research yourselves and ask questions. There are very helpful people on this forum who can put you through. Ask and learn from them.

I have followed ednut1 and the account holder is very knowledgeable and helpful. These are the people to learn from. Take good advantage.

So many fraudulent people around. Many Nigerians are fraudulent as well and many have taken their trade to Canada.

My recent visit to Canada revealed plenty of the damage Nigerians have done. They did plenty during the Covid-19 pandemic with frivolous claims.

All the best to Canada hopefuls

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 11:42am On Jul 12, 2023

Ok accepted. There is no problem then. I'd refrain from advising going forward.

Do not stop helping out. Continue to do good. Share your info and people will learn.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by shupy: 12:23pm On Jul 12, 2023
Does anyone know a Toronto police officer? One individual scammed me out of $550. I have filed a report with the police, and my bank is conducting an investigation. However, they will only share the findings with the police if contacted. Since Toronto police are primarily focused on emergencies, if you can connect me with a police officer, please help me.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Abigbo: 12:28pm On Jul 12, 2023
Good day all, please I need advice from those on ground already, I have offers from lambton college in sarnia,nova scotia college and medicine hat in Alberta. Please I need advise on which province to pick,especially in terms of jobs and accommodation.
Thanks for the response!
ednut1:
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 1:57pm On Jul 12, 2023
Enculer2:

It depends on the company. Some companies will help with the work permit process.
Which company?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by MayorOfEdmonton: 1:59pm On Jul 12, 2023
Dey play.... cheesy cheesy

Enculer2:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 3:11pm On Jul 12, 2023
shupy:
Does anyone know a Toronto police officer? One individual scammed me out of $550. I have filed a report with the police, and my bank is conducting an investigation. However, they will only share the findings with the police if contacted. Since Toronto police are primarily focused on emergencies, if you can connect me with a police officer, please help me.
Canada is not like Nigeria where a police officer can take things into their singular hands because you know them. Either contact a lawyer or go to the police station yourself to file a report, if you have the person's details.

6 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 3:21pm On Jul 12, 2023
aestake:

Which company?

Some companies do this. Nigerians have gotten jobs from Nigeria without PR. I am sure there are some success stories on here on Nairaland.

What is your field? I know companies in tech, energy and health care that do this.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 3:22pm On Jul 12, 2023
MayorOfEdmonton:
Dey play.... cheesy cheesy

Well, you would not know when you live in your little world, would you? What is so funny?

Not everyone has got basic skillset as you might have, which is why you are surprised.

Leave your hole then you will discover a lot about Canadian companies.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:13pm On Jul 12, 2023
Abigbo:
Thanks for the response!
ask in study visa thread. I have not lived in Nova Scotia, only visited Alberta once. I don’t know about jobs or accommodation there.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 4:15pm On Jul 12, 2023
Enculer2:

most does not mean all na. Some few companies do it for people with certain scarce skills. some also do arrangee. From indeed self most of the jobs ask for you work authorization true or false

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.