Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,774 members, 7,817,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:38 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (655) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2189967 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ikay3502(m): 8:37am On Jul 04, 2023
Hello guys, Good morning to y'all from here.. pls I'll be moving to Ontario (Kitchener) to be precise by ending of this month, my school is Conestoga.. I'm looking for shared apartment , pls anybody with useful information as regard this should please help a brother.. e no easy settling in a new environment without knowing someone

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Alchemist01: 9:23pm On Jul 04, 2023
Hello guys,

My Nigerian passport expires in May 2024. I want to start working on the renewal from now. What is the most stress free way to renew my passport in Canada?

Without any issues.

Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by megastu(m): 9:47pm On Jul 04, 2023
Temporary or permanent place?
Officialarhnie:
Hi everyone,
Please I’m trying to find accommodation in Ontario, Brampton to be precise. Please anyone with any advice or link to how I can go about it?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by tenderjunkie: 1:11am On Jul 05, 2023
As an international student, owing to the scarcity of student jobs in the Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge region, will Cambridge be a better option to finding student jobs? Maybe as a result of not having as many students compared to the other regions?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 1:19am On Jul 05, 2023
Alchemist01:
Hello guys,

My Nigerian passport expires in May 2024. I want to start working on the renewal from now. What is the most stress free way to renew my passport in Canada?

Without any issues.

Thanks
visit the website of Nigerian embassy Ottawa to book an appointment and the procedures for renewal. Nothing like stress free because you have to travel to ottawa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by nonesense: 2:14pm On Jul 05, 2023
Any Nigerian in Fort Mcmurray, i need an apartment dm me please
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Serendipity2023: 5:25pm On Jul 05, 2023
AirBay:

Bro, it's not you, it's the girls and I don't blame them as well. I had this experience while hustling for papers in the UK, until canada PR saved me

9ja girls with PR/Citizens hardly give student chances cos the first thing that comes to their mind is you want to use them to sort papers.

If you're looking for love, find a student like you, hustle your PR together. No waste your time.

how did Canada or save you boss?

And how did you get it?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Serendipity2023: 5:30pm On Jul 05, 2023
cooooooks:
If you're landing in Montreal on a weekend, holla at me a week or so before and I could help you out. At cheaper than Uber or a taxi.

If you want immigration tips, here's mine: learn french.

Learn small small. When you can block out 2 - 3 months for intense study (even if you're working), prepare for an exam (even if it's a mock exam).

Why do you say learn French boss?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by safex(m): 6:23pm On Jul 05, 2023
Ikay3502:
Hello guys, Good morning to y'all from here.. pls I'll be moving to Ontario (Kitchener) to be precise by ending of this month, my school is Conestoga.. I'm looking for shared apartment , pls anybody with useful information as regard this should please help a brother.. e no easy settling in a new environment without knowing someone
Have you checked kijiji and Facebook marketplace?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by safex(m): 6:26pm On Jul 05, 2023
Serendipity2023:

Why do you say learn French boss?

Montreal/Quebec is a French-speaking environment hence it helps you integrate smoothly
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 7:47pm On Jul 05, 2023
Almost 37 C degrees in GTA. Those that like complaining about cold heat don show o grin

7 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 7:17am On Jul 06, 2023
ednut1:
Almost 37 C degrees in GTA. Those that like complaining about cold heat don show o grin
Lol. No mind them. The complaining is what they like to do. They don't really care about cold or heat like that. Watch as they complain about the heat this summer

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dralemania: 3:38pm On Jul 07, 2023
Please I need clarification about Health insurance. I'm coming to Calgary with my spouse for a master program. I noticed my health insurance has been included in my tuition fee by my school but then I'm concerned about what to do with respect to my spouse's. Please can someone help explain how to go about this and if there is any recommendation as to insurance package to use. THANKS
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by suavecool: 5:45pm On Jul 07, 2023
safex:

Have you checked kijiji and Facebook marketplace?

I am also in this hectic wahala. I am also looking for 1bed apartment within Waterloo, Kitchener or within. Facebook market is full of scam. I wish there were a dedicated Whatsapp or Telegram group with Nigerians for assistance

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by wengerly(m): 1:32am On Jul 08, 2023
dralemania:
Please I need clarification about Health insurance. I'm coming to Calgary with my spouse for a master program. I noticed my health insurance has been included in my tuition fee by my school but then I'm concerned about what to do with respect to my spouse's. Please can someone help explain how to go about this and if there is any recommendation as to insurance package to use. THANKS

Health Care Coverage: AHCIP (Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan)
If you are an international student with a family and you plan to reside in Alberta for more than 12 months with a valid study permit, your family members (your spouse and children) may be eligible to apply for AHCIP after they arrive.

https://www.ualberta.ca/international/international-student-services/prepare-for-ualberta/bringing-family/family-health-care.html

If your journey falls on any of my days off, I can come pick you at the airport for free.

8 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ahmedio2017(m): 12:59pm On Jul 08, 2023
Good day house please quick one
Is it true that one can secure job with visit visa now in Canada ?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Bless4real291: 2:12pm On Jul 08, 2023
ahmedio2017:

If you are able to find an employer who's willing to give you a job offer and a Labor Market Impact Assessment LMIA document. Then you use that to apply for a closed work permit.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Bless4real291: 2:14pm On Jul 08, 2023
Good morning guys.

Pls can I apply for a driving extract from FRSC portal with an expired driving license? My 9ja license expired in May 2023.

Thank you.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:16pm On Jul 08, 2023
ahmedio2017:

there is a less than 5% chance of this happening because most employers will rather employ those on ground with permanent residency or post graduate permit. Many of the job applications they ask for your status during applying and if you have visiting you will be screened out. The way agents are marketing this thing ehn. Just deceiving people upandan.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by AirBay: 2:31pm On Jul 08, 2023
ednut1:
there is a less than 5% chance of this happening because most employers will rather employ those on ground with permanent residency or post graduate permit. Many of the job applications they ask for your status during applying and if you have visiting you will be screened out. The way agents are marketing this thing ehn. Just deceiving people upandan.

Unfortunately Most of our People will think you don't want them to come here. Visit to work Perm is like 1 in 1000 chance. Agents will keep eating Good grin

4 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ahmedio2017(m): 2:33pm On Jul 08, 2023
ednut1:

Thanks sir/ma I just want to try my luck,
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:44pm On Jul 08, 2023
AirBay:

Unfortunately Most of our People will think you don't want them to come here. Visit to work Perm is like 1 in 1000 chance. Agents will keep eating Good grin
to make it worse Nigerians don't have companies like the Indians and Chinese that they use to help their fellow man. 4 of my friends have contacted me in the last 3 months about this stuff. After devil na to fear agents o.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 2:50pm On Jul 08, 2023
ednut1:
visit the website of Nigerian embassy Ottawa to book an appointment and the procedures for renewal. Nothing like stress free because you have to travel to ottawa

A pain in the b.alls
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 2:51pm On Jul 08, 2023
[quote author=ednut1 post=124294251]to make it worse Nigerians don't have companies like the Indians and Chinese that they use to help their fellow man. 4 of my friends have contacted me in the last 3 months about this stuff. After devil na to fear agents o. [/quot

Nigerians do not help themselves.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 2:59pm On Jul 08, 2023
[quote author=Enculer2 post=124294351][/quote]do Nigerians have the resources Chinese have Do Nigerians have the communal spirit of indian and jews . Can you live in a house with your sibling’s family plus grandparents like the Indians do to be able to acquire many real estate It is not true that Nigerians dont help each other. You can’t do more than your ability or powers na

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lastkingsman: 3:18pm On Jul 08, 2023
ednut1:
to make it worse Nigerians don't have companies like the Indians and Chinese that they use to help their fellow man. 4 of my friends have contacted me in the last 3 months about this stuff. After devil na to fear agents o.

1/1000 chance? No be die be that? grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lastkingsman: 3:19pm On Jul 08, 2023
ednut1:

I have seen the marketing too. Can one convert from visit to student visa?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 3:56pm On Jul 08, 2023
lastkingsman:

why not apply for student visa from Nigeria. Why waste money and time

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tcrown2020(f): 4:04pm On Jul 08, 2023
ahmedio2017:

Yes.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dralemania: 4:27pm On Jul 08, 2023
Thanks a lot cheif. I appreciate the response and the offer. I will send you PM to enquire abt your availability on my day of arrival.
wengerly:

Health Care Coverage: AHCIP (Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan)
If you are an international student with a family and you plan to reside in Alberta for more than 12 months with a valid study permit, your family members (your spouse and children) may be eligible to apply for AHCIP after they arrive.

https://www.ualberta.ca/international/international-student-services/prepare-for-ualberta/bringing-family/family-health-care.html

If your journey falls on any of my days off, I can come pick you at the airport for free.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by wengerly(m): 4:42pm On Jul 08, 2023
dralemania:
Thanks a lot cheif. I appreciate the response and the offer. I will send you PM to enquire abt your availability on my day of arrival.

I couldn't see the content of the PM but I replied anyway. My email is alagbaj@yahoo.com

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 6:45pm On Jul 08, 2023
lastkingsman:

https://www.nairaland.com/4783069/canada-spouse-family-sponsorship-visa/38#124227345 being in Canada on a visit visa does not give you any advantage. This is someone that has got denied twice. So why not apply from Nigeria🙄

(1) (2) (3) ... (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) (658) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.