Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,059 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:05 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (654) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2189753 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by cooooooks(m): 4:30pm On Jun 30, 2023
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by biggal: 4:51pm On Jun 30, 2023
This kind of things make me ask why life in its self is unfair. Congratulations to the dog

ChiefVal:
I moved my dog to Canada with me after several months! If anyone was wondering how to do it, I’ll just summarise here. I struggled to get info when I wanted to do it, hence this summary.
My dog is a small dog, so it was easier, there’s more restrictions for dogs over 8kg (carrier weight included).
What you need
1. Export permit, microchip and all vaccination certificates and records. (I got all these from my vet for about 80k). The quarantine section at MMIA will collect the export permit and ask you to pay 5k to affix some strap to your dog carrier.
2. An airline approved bag/carrier to fit your pet. If you dog is a big dog, they’ll send you to cargo department.
3. Inform your airline while booking your ticket to add your pet on your trip. I went with ET airline so I paid USD150 as the fee to add my dog to my ticket. This fee is payable upon checkin at the airport. I initially booked KLM but they won’t carry your pet if your stopover is over 3 hours plus they have some restrictions on certain kinds of planes as well.
4. Declare your pet when you arrive Canada. (I landed YYZ so I don’t know about any other airports) You’ll pay a fee of about CAD37 at the airport declaration place.

Hope this helps someone! grin

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by biggal: 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2023
Please I need advice.
I earnestly desire to relocate. I have a degree in Agricultural Economics. What do you advice me to do
1) run an Msc in Nigeria then apply for study visa for PhD in University of Saskatchewan being that it's cheaper than msc.
2) start all over in Nigeria by going back to study nursing maybe in open university
3) Apply for pnp
4) what other advice can you give me. Please my knees are on ground. Take me as your sister and tutor, advice me.
NB....I have two kids teaching in a private school but wants to take the bull by the horns.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aurorae1: 5:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
lawani:

If woman too no fine, no get job, no get money, no get home training, who go marry am?. Na only woman be hypergamous?.

That's the transaction we're talking about... In the 60s, home training and a nice enough appearance(child-bearing hips hello?) plus succinct family approval was the yard stick... It still is, money from a woman's perspective not so much... That part embedded deep in the very fibres of our beings that searches out a suitable provider(women) and a suitable homemaker(for men). What constitutes a suitable provider and suitable homemaker from the psychological and physical point of view, will differ just as much as I differ from you.

We can nitpick qualities from now till they kingdom come. Just hope and pray you find someone "right" enough for you.

8 freaking billion persons on the planet, 7/8th of whom you'll never get the chance to meet. Life ain't the internet and it sure isn't black and white.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Biola67: 5:44pm On Jun 30, 2023
lawani:

Most decent girls infact majority of girls will choose a man with a much lower income over a rich man with a questionable source of income
Just Dey play

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Lamzee(m): 9:14pm On Jun 30, 2023
Anyone in Edmonton for a shared apartment please

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lastkingsman: 10:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
oluayebenz:

Happy ending massage plenty for North York nah.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 8:17am On Jul 01, 2023
Overlooking Scarborough bluffs beach from Scarborough Crescent park. 🚴‍♂️

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lawani: 10:09am On Jul 01, 2023
Gerrard59:

Unfortunately, in the eyes of Nigerian women in Canada, he is currently poor as he does not have a job. I don't know why you people are running away from reality. This dude is unemployed. In Nigeria, the same calibre of women will not touch him with a pole, then he expects them to do the same in Canada? C'mon! Values come after the economics have been settled, not before. It is Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs.

If he gets a job with Google tomorrow, those same ladies will give him an audience even though he has a Nigerian passport. That is how relationships have worked for donkey years. My issue is that he refuses to accept this FACT. Now, he believes his best chances are with women in Nigeria, which is true. But largely because he is based in Canada. Meanwhile, in same Nigeria, there are men like him who have not been given an audience by the same women who he (OP) will target.

H for HYPERGAMY. Why is this too difficult to accept? Tell me, what does this man bring to the table? Mind you, we are talking about Nigerian women who were BORN and BRED in Nigeria, not those who were born and bred in Canada. These women know Nigerian men better than other women. So, what the heck is he bringing to the table? I love you, oya, talk your own?

It sounds unfair to men just starting life, but that is life, it has never been fair.

Then can you explain with hypergamy those ladies (I know many) who meet unemployed men, marry them and help them secure a job? Is that also hypergamy?.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by alakara(m): 10:35am On Jul 01, 2023
biggal:
Please I need advice.
I earnestly desire to relocate. I have a degree in Agricultural Economics. What do you advice me to do
1) run an Msc in Nigeria then apply for study visa for PhD in University of Saskatchewan being that it's cheaper than msc.
2) start all over in Nigeria by going back to study nursing maybe in open university
3) Apply for pnp
4) what other advice can you give me. Please my knees are on ground. Take me as your sister and tutor, advice me.
NB....I have two kids teaching in a private school but wants to take the bull by the horns.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Tahisa14: 2:52pm On Jul 01, 2023
Please Anyone going to Edmonton I am looking for a shared apartment please
Going by august
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by biggal: 3:47pm On Jul 01, 2023
God bless you

alakara:

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Gerrard59(m): 4:15pm On Jul 01, 2023
lawani:

Then can you explain with hypergamy those ladies (I know many) who meet unemployed men, marry them and help them secure a job? Is that also hypergamy?.

Exception not the norm. Not too common. We have to assess it as per a research paper. I need to see the data behind your claim on a wider scale. The current data (widely available on the net) show that most women marry men who earn more than they (women) do.

I am not saying all men should be rich (not mathematically possible), but an unemployed man should focus on getting a job rather than finding love in a highly capitalistic society. He can control finding a job, not finding love. As I opined, it is easier to find love with black women born and bred in Canada because those are at the apex of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs rather than fellow immigrants who toiled to migrate as single women, not married. They will have higher standards for men they want, especially a first generation man like OP. The same OP might find it difficult to meet up with their ethical standards as per no be fellow Nigerian women or have his ego bruised.

It could be how I was raised and what I witnessed growing up, but the only women I can rely on financially without issues are my mom and sister. But then let's ask ourselves, why is OP interested in finding love at this point in his life? Is it love that took him to Canada?

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Gerrard59(m): 4:17pm On Jul 01, 2023
lawani:

Most decent girls infact majority of girls will choose a man with a much lower income over a rich man with a questionable source of income

The chances of meeting a man with a questionable source of income in Canada are lower than in Nigeria. So Nigerian ladies in Canada are on the right side regarding vetting the men who meet them for relationship/marriage.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lawani: 4:33pm On Jul 01, 2023
Gerrard59:

Exception not the norm. Not too common. We have to assess it as per a research paper. I need to see the data behind your claim on a wider scale. The current data (widely available on the net) show that most women marry men who earn more than they (women) do.

I am not saying all men should be rich (not mathematically possible), but an unemployed man should focus on getting a job rather than finding love in a highly capitalistic society. He can control finding a job, not finding love. As I opined, it is easier to find love with black women born and bred in Canada because those are at the apex of Maslow's Hierarchy of Needs rather than fellow immigrants who toiled to migrate as single women, not married. They will have higher standards for men they want, especially a first generation man like OP. The same OP might find it difficult to meet up with their ethical standards as per no be fellow Nigerian women or have his ego bruised.

It could be how I was raised and what I witnessed growing up, but the only women I can rely on financially without issues are my mom and sister. But then let's ask ourselves, why is OP interested in finding love at this point in his life? Is it love that took him to Canada?

You can lose your job and etc. Shit happens and a real woman would stay with you no matter what happens after marriage. The first woman you can rely on should be your wife as a married man.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lawani: 4:35pm On Jul 01, 2023
Gerrard59:

The chances of meeting a man with a questionable source of income in Canada are lower than in Nigeria. So Nigerian ladies in Canada are on the right side regarding vetting the men who meet them for relationship/marriage.

Yes you are right but they have jails in Canada too because of criminals in their society
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by A14: 7:42pm On Jul 01, 2023
Happy Canada Day 🇨🇦

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Gerrard59(m): 2:55am On Jul 02, 2023
lawani:

You can lose your job and etc. Shit happens and a real woman would stay with you no matter what happens after marriage. The first woman you can rely on should be your wife as a married man.

Well, I stick to what I know. Nothing concerns me with woman's money other than my mom's and sister's.

Good luck to everyone.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by aestake: 3:42am On Jul 02, 2023
lawani:

You don't wanna be in that situation. If you see the men they sponsored to Canada, you can tell.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Afolavid: 6:56am On Jul 02, 2023
Nawa ooh... They don dissect, analyze and test run the OP condition and status like lab rat, I come weak to comment. I no wan be the next lab rat grin

Regardless if you believe it or not, true love still exists! Of course, It's hard to find but if/when you eventually find it, you'll enjoy the rewards that comes with it irrespective of your gender/status.

All the best to everyone!!!

📸::: Niagara Falls

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by enesty(m): 7:17am On Jul 02, 2023
Hello
Any reliable sites for sponsorship jobs to Canada?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Chinnychappy90: 9:18am On Jul 02, 2023
Hi Chrysto. Did you get any close to the uni?
chrysto:
Good evening all,

Please i will like to get intouch with anyone who has accommodation in halifax (nova scotia) close to Dalhousie university.

Kindly mail me as i will be coming around April for the May 2022 session.

Please any help on this will be appreciated .
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lawani: 9:54am On Jul 02, 2023
Gerrard59:

Well, I stick to what I know. Nothing concerns me with woman's money other than my mom's and sister's.

Good luck to everyone.

You sound like those kind of men who don't wish prosperity for their wives because if your wife prosper, you will eat. Women have been Owa Obokun of Ijesa land, Ooni of Ife, Queen of England and they had husbands and kids

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 10:39am On Jul 02, 2023
enesty:
Hello
Any reliable sites for sponsorship jobs to Canada?
indeed, job bank. You may have to apply for 2000 jobs to even get one willing to sponsor.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Raalsalghul: 11:16am On Jul 02, 2023
NuCypher:

You zay what!? Lol cheesy

The dude is naive, very naive.

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Gerrard59(m): 11:27am On Jul 02, 2023
lawani:

You sound like those kind of men who don't wish prosperity for their wives because if your wife prosper, you will eat. Women have been Owa Obokun of Ijesa land, Ooni of Ife, Queen of England and they had husbands and kids

Oga,

You are the one complaining of not finding a woman in Canada. Do I look like I am responsible for your inability to find a woman in the entire Canada? You sound like those Nigerian men who cannot do without sex then japa'd to a place with temperate weather, and with your Ojuju Calabar face, no woman is looking at you. You must be thinking something else if you think because I want to be financially stable, then it means I don't want my wife to succeed. Do you think you are more feminist than a dude who has written feminist articles for donkey years? Who has participated in debates arguing for women to earn more and be financially independent?

Focus on what you took you to Canada. Register on Tinder, Hinge, Bumble etc, screaming away your desperation for a partner. I am not the one who initiated the discussion that he needs a woman. The truth is, you people have never experienced what life is without sex, that is why marriage dey hungry una because una dey environment where one gives a fvck who you are. You cannot use money to entice them because they have theirs. Now, you lots are angry at fellow Nigerian women wey sabi una behaviour A - Z.

Whether women have been heads of traditional institutions is none of my freaking business! Do I come across to you as Prince Charles or Williams? !

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 11:31am On Jul 02, 2023
angry una no dey tire ni hahaha
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lawani: 11:45am On Jul 02, 2023
Gerrard59:

Oga,

You are the one complaining of not finding a woman in Canada. Do I look like I am responsible for your inability to find a woman in the entire Canada? You sound like those Nigerian men who cannot do without sex then japa'd to a place with temperate weather, and with your Ojuju Calabar face, no woman is looking at you. You must be thinking something else if you think because I want to be financially stable, then it means I don't want my wife to succeed. Do you think you are more feminist than a dude who has written feminist articles for donkey years? Who has participated in debates arguing for women to earn more and be financially independent?

Focus on what you took you to Canada. Register on Tinder, Hinge, Bumble etc, screaming away your desperation for a partner. I am not the one who initiated the discussion that he needs a woman. The truth is, you people have never experienced what life is without sex, that is why marriage dey hungry una because una dey environment where one gives a fvck who you are. You cannot use money to entice them because they have theirs. Now, you lots are angry at fellow Nigerian women wey sabi una behaviour A - Z.

Whether women have been heads of traditional institutions is none of my freaking business! Do I come across to you as Prince Charles or Williams? !

Are you drowsy or dreaming?. In which of my post did I talk about Canada?.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by lastkingsman: 12:45pm On Jul 02, 2023
Gerrard59:

Oga,

ojuju calabar grin

Nwanne, take it easy

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Jiggsbaby: 1:37am On Jul 03, 2023
dkingslayer99:

Great. Well I got a medical request but it’s passed now just waiting hopefully.
Niagara college as well. INT BUSINESS MGT
SEPT INTAKE
Congratulations in advance
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by jimpix11: 3:06pm On Jul 03, 2023
biggal:
Please I need advice.
3) Apply for pnp

Just to ask, is your spouse involved? You have two kids? Or you have two kids that are already teaching in a private school? Punctuation is very important here grin

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Officialarhnie(f): 8:09pm On Jul 03, 2023
Hi everyone,
Please I’m trying to find accommodation in Ontario, Brampton to be precise. Please anyone with any advice or link to how I can go about it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (651) (652) (653) (654) (655) (656) (657) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60