Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,071 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:00 AM

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 - Travel (658) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 (2189790 Views)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / Living In The USA - Life Of An Immigrant Part 1 / Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 2) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) ... (713) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Olybobo(m): 3:28am On Jul 24, 2023
Eazyfella:
Please , I need someone in Canada to respond to this question.
Which is better/ cheaper traveling to Canada, buying your cloths here or leave it when you get there. Someone else told me its a bad idea to buy all your cloths here to Canada, that's it is like taking water to a river 😒

Depends on when you're coming, summer or winter?
Buy in Canada, cheap places like "value village" or "walmart". Or other places doing cheap sales.
But nothing is wasted if you buy few clothes in 9ja, so do half & half if you compare dollar to naira, Instead use the luggage space for dry foods.

3 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 3:28am On Jul 24, 2023
Mopefe:

Why not share the information for many to benefit rather than contacting you, just come out that you need the referral benefit. Lots of schools offer refer to earn.

I have met lots of good Nigerians here but the ones that go extra miles want something in return.
Meanwhile, there's a running scam in such schools where, in the end, both the school and the referrer just want to dip their hands into your student loan. Some of the students don't even go to school after collecting the student loan. And then, someone will now go and use the student loan to make a down payment for a house. What kind of foolery is that? You take a loan and use it to go "take another loan", so to speak. But Nigerians have never surprised me with their foolery. On the one hand, you'll be paying the student loan and on the other the mortgage. Later you will say your village people followed you to Canada and can't quit the Amazon warehouse job that you must hold to keep up payments! Crazy!

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pristine664: 3:34am On Jul 24, 2023
Please who knows if transit visa is needed for Airfrance? My trip is Lagos to Toronto.

And hope there is no issue with one-way ticket??

Urgent pls.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 4:17am On Jul 24, 2023
Pristine664:
Please who knows if transit visa is needed for Airfrance? My trip is Lagos to Toronto.

Urgent pls.
Where's your connection? Paris? If it's Paris, you don't need a transit visa.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pristine664: 8:04am On Jul 24, 2023
NuCypher:

Where's your connection? Paris? If it's Paris, you don't need a transit visa.

Yeah Paris.

Thank you very much.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 2:46pm On Jul 24, 2023
So many Nigerians travel through Paris these days.

Saw loads of them last time we travelled to Toronto. They stood out. Rowdy and noisy.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Pristine664: 3:48pm On Jul 24, 2023
Enculer2:
So many Nigerians travel through Paris these days.

Saw loads of them last time we travelled to Toronto. They stood out. Rowdy and noisy.

Hahaha
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 4:11pm On Jul 24, 2023
Pristine664:

Hahaha

It is remarkable. They always stand out like a sore thumb. I told my madam, I do not see that many "dudu" guys heading to Toronto from Paris. I told her, I bet you 50 bucks most are Nigerians and before you could say Jack, the screaming at the top of their voices started.

I was like, yep, baby, you owe me 50 bucks.

The japa is real but they can do it quietly.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by NuCypher: 4:56pm On Jul 24, 2023
Enculer2:

It is remarkable. They always stand out like a sore thumb. I told my madam, I do not see that many "dudu" guys heading to Toronto from Paris. I told her, I bet you 50 bucks most are Nigerians and before you could say Jack, the screaming at the top of their voices started.

I was like, yep, baby, you owe me 50 bucks.

The japa is real but they can do it quietly.
Honestly, it's not a fault of character that Nigerians are loud. It's a consequence of a society where, if you are not loud, you may suffer unendingly and get the short end of the stick each time.

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by ednut1(m): 5:54pm On Jul 24, 2023
NuCypher:

Honestly, it's not a fault of character that Nigerians are loud. It's a consequence of a society where, if you are not loud, you may suffer unendingly and get the short end of the stick each time.
i was at a fuel station in 9ja last year during scarcity. The attendants stopped selling and their manager was instructing them on who to sell to . That was how kasala burst o. People started shouting and screaming. Something in my body woke up and made me smile. Too much quietness self like we have here self no good 🤣🤣

5 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by saskatoonguy: 10:21pm On Jul 25, 2023
Any guidance on how to prepare my goods to follow.
Should I just type the list of things I am traveling with and those I am sending Via Cargo and take it along
Or there is a form to fill?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by OlumisiI: 8:59am On Jul 26, 2023
Hi all,

I am presently in Nigeria with an expired passport and the renewal process is taking forever. Can I travel to Canada with an expired passport and my PR Card?
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Marpol: 2:54pm On Jul 26, 2023
Pristine664:

Urgent pls.

If you're a student, there is no issue with one way ticket.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by dymanicboss: 11:03am On Jul 27, 2023
Good Morning
Please I need a 1 bedroom apartment or shared apartment for rent in Peterborough Ontario.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Ofoegbus(m): 11:19am On Jul 27, 2023
Actually, i use this location finder tool. each time I am travelling I just keep refreshing to get my current city location
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Misstolaly(f): 2:31pm On Jul 27, 2023
Hello Here,

Good afternoon, Please i need pointers/contacts/WhatsApp group link for accommodation in Fredericton, NB for a family of 4.

I'm travelling first week of August.

Many thanks in Advance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by safex(m): 2:48pm On Jul 27, 2023
I know people have bad experiences about Facebook Mktplace et al but people still use them anyways and get positive result. There are red flags to watch out for and please don't make advance payment for any reason.

Alternatively, if you belong to any Nigerian group on Whatsapp it may also be helpful.

All the best dear.

suavecool:

I am also in this hectic wahala. I am also looking for 1bed apartment within Waterloo, Kitchener or within. Facebook market is full of scam. I wish there were a dedicated Whatsapp or Telegram group with Nigerians for assistance
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by safex(m): 2:50pm On Jul 27, 2023
No way. You can only travel to your home country (not sure if all countries sef) with an expired passport.
OlumisiI:
Hi all,

I am presently in Nigeria with an expired passport and the renewal process is taking forever. Can I travel to Canada with an expired passport and my PR Card?

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by safex(m): 2:58pm On Jul 27, 2023
As long as you have Canada visa (be it visitor, study or PR) on your passport you have no problem transiting in Paris.

If you are coming with visitor's visa on a one-way ticket, you'd most likely escape Lagos but be prepared to give a detailed and convincing speech in Paris/Toronto on why you don't plan to return after your visit in Nigeria. Some people speak in tongue in lieu of the speech. Lol

Pristine664:

Urgent pls.

1 Like

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Electroweb(m): 4:10pm On Jul 27, 2023
Hello Everyone,
I want to travel with yam. I don’t know if it is allowed.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by badpitch(f): 4:20pm On Jul 27, 2023
Please how can I get international driver's license in Nigeria, Abuja
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by signature2012(m): 9:39pm On Jul 27, 2023
OlumisiI:
Hi all,

Hell No!

You can’t.

I did same years ago but had to make sure I renewed my PP before returning back.

You should have planned this before you travelled to Naija.

2 Likes

Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Malcolmx12: 12:42am On Jul 28, 2023
badpitch:
Please how can I get international driver's license in Nigeria, Abuja
Reach FRSC drivers licensing office. You will be directed how to go about it.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Samdav12345: 2:28am On Jul 28, 2023
Have you gotten any? Please reach back

Ikay3502:
Hello guys, Good morning to y'all from here.. pls I'll be moving to Ontario (Kitchener) to be precise by ending of this month, my school is Conestoga.. I'm looking for shared apartment , pls anybody with useful information as regard this should please help a brother.. e no easy settling in a new environment without knowing someone
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Saverin: 8:39am On Jul 28, 2023
Nbv1:

OMG , 200cad bro wtf no cheaper joints

Go for premium services grin
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by TOSM: 12:42pm On Jul 28, 2023
Hi everyone, please does anyone here know how to get a job as a laboratory assistant or microbiologist in Canada from Nigeria. I have over 4 years of experience and would like to relocate to Canada. I would appreciate any info I can get, pls. Thanks
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Enculer2: 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2023
Good people,

Need an advice on this one. So I have been accepted on a short term lease with a landord and I would like a monthly receipt of payment for rent. Landlord does not have a copy. Does anyone know how we can get one? Or if you are a landlord, how do you issue receipts to your tenants on short term leases and can they tender such a receipt in the event of reimbursement?

Kind regards.
Re: Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 by Afolavid: 2:46pm On Jul 28, 2023
Enculer2:
Good people,

Need an advice on this one. So I have been accepted on a short term lease with a landord and I would like a monthly receipt of payment for rent. Landlord does not have a copy. Does anyone know how we can get one? Or if you are a landlord, how do you issue receipts to your tenants on short term leases and can they tender such a receipt in the event of reimbursement?

Kind regards.

A printed or even hand-written receipt is acceptable, as long as it is duly completed and signed by both parties.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (655) (656) (657) (658) (659) (660) (661) ... (713) (Reply)

Canada Visit/tourist Visa Discussion. / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program Connect Here

Viewing this topic: Codeblues(m), SchwarzMann

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.