Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,987 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:00 AM

How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada (28966 Views)

How I Helped My Client Find Out His Landlord Was Tapping From His Prepaid Light / I Finally Helped My Birthgiver Get To The Hospital - TheGidRedpiller / Son Destroys Food Items In The Kitchen After Mum Refused His Request (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Goodlady(f): 9:07am On Feb 13
How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada.
Recently, my sister escaped from this hard country to Canada for greener pastures. Many of you knew me on this site as that young girl with sharp mouth. Well, I may be choleric but I m also nice.
So this February, sister went to Ontario. I knew she'd miss home. I went to Wuse market and nearby street shops n bought varieties. I waka-waka my rubber slippers cut. My sister is a picky type that eat light foods but she still love our local dishes. She's going to miss home 😭 and I just want her to v her favorite foods as long as she can. Though she can patronize African stores over there too.
As I m typing this, I can't wait to see her, am so happy for her and I hope to relocate too via marriage in future. Hm, God when?

Anyways I ll list some of the items as I post them here. They are educative and useful for people going abroad too. There are some items you can take along like razor blades, shaving sticks, stock fish, palm oil, locust beans, garri, beans, rice, onions, matches, polish, makeup props, grinded beans for moinmoin or akara, crayfish, beans, balls, sellotape, dried pepper, potash, bathroom slippers, cleansers, needles and threads to sew post letter tear-tear undies or clothes. πŸ˜‚ In fact, just carry any small daily use item we use here and conceal them well cos of over sabi long throat immigration officers at airport. It ll shock you you can buy a packet of blade that's not up to N1,000 for over $20 Canadian dollars, that's over N20K in Nigeria. Imagine blade pack kan for N20K? It no shock you?
So below are items I packed for her and she's enjoying them there. πŸ˜‚

Pic 1, Carton of coaster biscuit, table size mortar and pestle for her to grind pepper and packs of match sticks.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Goodlady(f): 9:14am On Feb 13
Grinded beans for moinmoin or akara, crayfish, beans, cheeseballs, sellotape, dried pepper, potash, nylon for packing moinmoin etc.

6 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Goodlady(f): 9:21am On Feb 13
Stock fish, dried pepper (ata gbigbe), cheese ball, blades, Vaseline.

omoadeleye:
Dem ask which courier service she used, she no answer
She packed am with her luggage. They removed some but went with most.
BennyDGreat:

Which courier service did you use?
She packed them with her clothes, other goods. Some were removed
gratefulheart:
How did you send the items?

She packed them with her goods. But some were removed.

1 Like

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by LoveLeadsLand(m): 9:28am On Feb 13
So,people still uses match sticks? Why not a lighter? You're a good sister though. And I hope some of the items you put there will not be a reason why they will send her back.

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Goodlady(f): 9:28am On Feb 13
Grinded dried okro, grinded crayfish, locust beans, ashes (I won't tell you what this is used for). But it's a secret tool for women with facial hair. That's a topic for another day.
Rest of the items. As you can see, I labelled them. Sister was so grateful till now, she calls to say thank you n pray for me. πŸ’•

I hope this is helpful to aspiring ladies that are going to abroad and ll miss home delicacies or items we just get easily here.

Have a great week.
Seun, I love your site o, I feel at home here but boys here are not nice. πŸ™‚
Oloriburuku alawin lo poju ninu won!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by alterego17: 9:40am On Feb 13
Goodlady:
Grinded dried okro, locust beans, ashes (I won't tell you what this is used for). Grinded crayfish.
Rest of the items. As you can see, I labelled them. Sister was so grateful till now, she calls to say thank you n pray for me. πŸ’•

I hope this is helpful to aspiring ladies that are going to abroad and ll miss home delicacies or items we just get easily here.

Have a great week.

So how did u send it down to Canada?...wich courier service did u use??

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Yashita: 9:44am On Feb 13
Goodlady:
Grinded dried okro, locust beans, ashes (I won't tell you what this is used for). Grinded crayfish.

Have a great week.

My dear, I hope your sister has landed and successfully passed through the Canadian immigration at their airport over there?

I watched a video just this morning about a guy that was deported immediately he entered Canada, simply because they checked his luggage and found that he packed his documents thereby giving a sense of job seeker on a visiting visa.

Canada is strict o.

62 Likes 6 Shares

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by advanceDNA: 9:56am On Feb 13
Yashita:

Simply because they checked his luggage and found he packed his documents giving a sense of job seeker on a visit visa.

Village pple are real oooo grin grin grin grin grin.

34 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Goodlady(f): 10:20am On Feb 13
Yashita:

My dear, I hope your sister has landed and successfully passed through the Canadian immigration at their airport over there?

I watched a video just the morning about a guy that was deported immediately he entered Canada, simply because they checked his luggage and found he packed his documents giving a sense of job seeker on a visit visa.

Canada is strict o.
She has landed and is devouring them. Some were removed but she went there with almost all items. Especially blades for shaving pubic areas cos she told me a pack of blade was $20. And the blade na nacet wey no strong reach tiger. $20 is over N22K in Nigeria.
Most of the food items too, she's enjoying them. Thanks sister.

41 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by BennyDGreat: 11:05am On Feb 13
Goodlady:

She has landed and is devouring them. Some were removed but she went there with almost all items. Especially blades for shaving pubic areas cos she told me a pack of blade was $20. And the blade na nacet wey no strong reach tiger. $20 is over N22K in Nigeria.

Which courier service did you use?
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by VeryWickedMan: 11:18am On Feb 13
I'll look out in the Crime Section later for her mugshots.

38 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by CandidAdmin(m): 12:32pm On Feb 13
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by CandidAdmin(m): 12:43pm On Feb 13
Congrats to your sis for making it out of this hardship.

Yashita:

I watched a video just the morning about a guy that was deported immediately he entered Canada, simply because they checked his luggage and found he packed his documents giving a sense of job seeker on a visit visa.

Canada is strict o.

Damn!!! Enemies at work!

advanceDNA:

Village pple are real oooo grin grin grin grin grin.

No be lie.

VeryWickedMan:

I'll look out in the Crime Section later for her mugshots.

Idiaaaat!!!!!!

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by slaawomirr: 2:41pm On Feb 13
Damnnn niggar

Isoright
I did same for my cousin brother always
But the weight should not be too much o

I dey pity them for that side sha

How do dey cope without our local food that way

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by inoki247: 2:42pm On Feb 13
Lol I think say food cheap for Canada dey don't have problem with foods and all the accessories are cheap over dere than Nigeria...

I just pray all doz food ingredients will not be bounced back at the Airport...

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by phonny22: 2:42pm On Feb 13
S
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Andyblaze: 2:43pm On Feb 13
shocked I am in new Brunswick

5 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by MrRemedyAlagbo(m): 2:44pm On Feb 13
Well done good sister

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Caramia2020(m): 2:45pm On Feb 13
That's good
Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by delishpot: 2:46pm On Feb 13
You have tried. God bless you. The items look neat too. Good job

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Woodshot: 2:46pm On Feb 13
Packaged Real Nigerian foodstuffs and sent to herπŸ’―βœ”οΈ
Packaging razor blades, Vaseline, biscuit, matches, sellotape, lip glosses, tooth paste is utterly outrageous. What were you thinking? Come on dude! This shit is crazy!

And if really the one why you packaged those is this: It ll shock you you can buy a packet of blade that's not up to N1,000 for over $20 Canadian dollars, that's over N20K in Nigeria. Imagine blade pack kan for N20K? It no shock you?

Then you really need your ass whipped real good.

She earns in CAD and the minimum wages over there is not 30 thousand smelling naira.

Was expecting to see the 21 year old human hairdresser you picked up from oyinbo market in package. Don't you think she needs a Nigerian head dresser sent to her ?

I don't want to wake tomorrow realising you remove the sun from the sky and sent to her.

Girlie you're funny.

Please send Tinubu to her too I'm pretty sure she misses him too.

18 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by iamoyindamola(m): 2:47pm On Feb 13
Why blade and matches

4 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by LordIsaac(m): 2:47pm On Feb 13
I carried all these things during my time. Besides the food, all else is useless. I’ve not even used some things. We have 1 dollar shop there. You just made her carry unnecessary heavy load.😊

22 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Primusinterpares(m): 2:48pm On Feb 13
Congratulations... Japa is now for the super rich ones

2 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by omoadeleye(m): 2:48pm On Feb 13
Dem ask which courier service she used, she no answer

24 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by Zeewirld: 2:48pm On Feb 13
Goodlady:
How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada.
Recently, my sister escaped from this hard country to Canada for greener pastures. Many of you knew me on this site as that young girl with sharp mouth. Well, I may be choleric but I m also nice.
So this February, sister went to Ontario. I knew she'd miss home. I went to Wuse market and nearby street shops n bought varieties. I waka-waka my rubber slippers cut. My sister is a picky type that eat light foods but she still love our local dishes. She's going to miss home 😭 and I just want her to v her favorite foods as long as she can. Though she can patronize African stores over there too.
As I m typing this, I can't wait to see her, am so happy for her and I hope to relocate too via marriage in future. Hm, God when?

Anyways I ll list some of the items as I post them here. They are educative and useful for people going abroad too. There are some items you can take along like razor blades, shaving sticks, stock fish, palm oil, locust beans, garri, beans, rice, onions, matches, polish, makeup props, grinded beans for moinmoin or akara, crayfish, beans, balls, sellotape, dried pepper, potash, bathroom slippers, cleansers, needles and threads to sew post letter tear-tear undies or clothes. πŸ˜‚ In fact, just carry any small daily use item we use here and conceal them well cos of over sabi long throat immigration officers at airport. It ll shock you you can buy a packet of blade that's not up to N1,000 for over $20 Canadian dollars, that's over N20K in Nigeria. Imagine blade pack kan for N20K? It no shock you?
So below are items I packed for her and she's enjoying them there. πŸ˜‚

Pic 1, Carton of coaster biscuit, table size mortar and pestle for her to grind pepper and packs of match sticks.
...You are a good sister, and I pray that you will meet and get marry to a guy that will love you wholeheartedly.

Looking at your pictures and post,I know without doubt that your culinary skills will be top-notch

4 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by odaniel1(m): 2:48pm On Feb 13
I wanted to ask, aren't these things measured and isnt't there a limit for some of these things in terms of weight capacity?

1 Like

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by nairalanda1(m): 2:49pm On Feb 13
CandidAdmin:
Congrats to your sis for making it out of this hardship.

Damn!!! Enemies at work!

No be lie.

Idiaaaat!!!!!!

Ordinarily i would agree with you, but there is a reason why many countries forbid foreign foodstuff coming in

The foreign stuff may contain bacteria, parasites even insects that are not native to the country of destination and may cause havoc to thw country wildlife and even diseases to flora and fauna

Countries like Australia learned that lesson the hard way.

14 Likes

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by otipoju(m): 2:50pm On Feb 13
Goodlady:

Lol. Sometimes I feel guilty after using $50 to barb hair every two weeks. And dem no sabi barb well sef... na the annoying thing be that.

She will adapt when she starts making good money. Tell her not to settle for less

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Helped My Sister With Food Items And Accessories To Take To Canada by daveP(m): 2:50pm On Feb 13
Who wrote Granded Beans and Later, Grinded Crayfish? Lol

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

My Wife Pretends To Be Sick Whenever I Ask For Sex - Man Laments / Lady Dedicates Her NYSC Certificate To Husband As She Completes Service (video) / "My Wife Put Poison In My Meals’’, Retired Naval Officer Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.