Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,814 members, 7,827,992 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 08:50 PM

My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views (50649 Views)

Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by abdullkabar(m): 2:25pm On Jan 02, 2019
Olril18:

well,my decision is that you are speaking absolute Nonsense.
religion is nothing but a scam.
and before u say more shitt, I was born in to a staunch and strong Muslim family.
Religion my foot!
All the best

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by mainanalyst: 2:37pm On Jan 02, 2019
Lihyunpark:

exactly this is what im saying... People dont understand Islam... Slaves of Allah is just a metaphorical statement bro.... We are refered to as slaves of Allah because he created us and he demand our worship but even with that, he gave us freewill we can choose to worship him or not has you've decided to distance yourself from him. We are slaves to him in the sence that we worship him, and we give total submission and humble our selfs to him. For example christians called themselve sons of God they failed to understand this is a metaphorical statement. God has no wife so his above begetting sons.. But the bible reffered to certain people as sons of God simply because they are dear to God, God loves them and they do Godly things. Another example is the people of Isreal being refered to as sheeps. All this word are just metaphorical.. So muslims being reffered to as slaves doesnt means God doesnt love you. Allah is ready to accept you back if you are ready to go back to him ask for forgiveness and he's ready to forgive you. He is the most beneficient the most merciful!
Stop arguing mate, Islam sees nothing wrong in slavery.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Olril18(m): 2:47pm On Jan 02, 2019
abdullkabar:
All the best
good
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Lihyunpark(m): 3:07pm On Jan 02, 2019
mainanalyst:

Stop arguing mate, Islam sees nothing wrong in slavery.

When Islam came, there were many causes of
slavery, such as warfare, debt (where if the
debtor could not pay off his debt, he became a
slave), kidnapping and raids, and poverty and
need. Slavery did not spread in this appalling manner
throughout all continents except by means of
kidnapping; rather the main source of slaves in
Europe and America in later centuries was this
method. The texts of Islam took a strong stance against
this. It says in a hadeeth qudsi: “Allaah, may He
be exalted, said: ‘There are three whose
opponent I will be on the Day of Resurrection,
and whomever I oppose, I will defeat … A man
who sold a free man and consumed his price.’” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (2227). It is worth pointing out that you do not find any
text in the Qur’aan or Sunnah which enjoins
taking others as slaves, whereas there are
dozens of texts in the Qur’aan and the
ahaadeeth of the Messenger (peace and
blessings of Allaah be upon him) which call for manumitting slaves and freeing them. There were many sources of slaves at the time
of the advent of Islam, whereas the means of
manumitting them were virtually nil. Islam
changed the way in which slavery was dealt
with; it created many new ways of liberating
slaves, blocked many ways of enslaving people, and established guidelines which blocked these
means. Islam limited the sources of slaves that existed
before the beginning of the Prophet’s mission to
one way only: enslavement through war which
was imposed on kaafir prisoners-of-war and on
their womenfolk and children. Shaykh al-Shanqeeti (may Allaah have mercy on
him) said: The reason for slavery is kufr and
fighting against Allaah and His Messenger. When
Allaah enables the Muslim mujaahideen who are
offering their souls and their wealth, and
fighting with all their strength and with what Allaah has given them to make the word of
Allaah supreme over the kuffaar, then He makes
them their property by means of slavery unless
the ruler chooses to free them for nothing or for
a ransom, if that serves the interests of the
Muslims. End quote from Adwa’ al-Bayaan (3/387). He also said: If it is said: If the slave becomes Muslim then
why keep him as a slave, when the reason for
slavery is kufr and fighting against Allaah and
His Messenger, so this reason no longer applies? The answer is that the well known principle
among the scholars and all wise people, which is
that the previously established right cannot be
erased by a right that is established later, and
that what came first takes precedence, is
obvious. When the Muslims captured kuffaar, their right
to possession was affirmed by the law of the
Creator of all, Who is All Wise and All Knowing.
So this right is confirmed and established. Then if
the slave became Muslim after that, his right to
escape slavery by embracing Islam was superseded by the mujaahid’s prior right to take
possession of him before he became Muslim, and
it would be unjust and unfair to annul the prior
right because of a subsequent right, as is well
known to all wise people. Yes, it is good for the master to free the slave if
he becomes Muslim. The Lawgiver enjoined and
encouraged that, and opened many doors to it.
Glory be to the Most Wise, the All Knowing. “And
the Word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth
and in justice. None can change His Words. And He is the All‑Hearer, the All‑Knower” [al-An’aam
6:115].

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Jonra(m): 3:23pm On Jan 02, 2019
Here's an honest answer to your proud boasting.

Hello my Muslim Friend,

In Surah 29:46, the Qur'an says "We believe in what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to you. Our God and your God is one, and to him we submit"

But many Muslims do not believe in the gospel, saying it's been corrupted and that the Christian God is false.

If the Qur'an affirms it, why do Muslims still deny it? Several reasons are given below.

According to the Bible;

1. God is a trinity (one in nature or essence, but three in person) (Matthew 28:18-20)
2. The son entered creation as Jesus (John 1:1-14)
3. Jesus died on the cross for sins (Mark 10:32-34, 45)
4. Jesus rose from the dead (Luke 24)

However, there's a serious problem with denying all four claims (made in the gospel) and affirming that the - the Torah, the Gospel were revealed by Allah as the Qur'an does in Surah 3:3-4

"He has revealed to you the book with truth, verifying that which is before it. And he revealed the Torah and the Gospel aforetime a guidance for the people, and He sent the Qur'an"

Therefore, any Islamic claim that the gospel is corrupted is in fact a statement that the guidance which Allah sent couldn't be protected and it ended up misguiding people.

Which creates another problem, because the Qur'an says in Surah 18:27 that no one can change the word of God.

"And recite what has been revealed to you of the book of your lord. There is none who can change his words. And you shall not find any refuge besides him"

Now, some Muslims would say that this verse only refers to the Qur'an. But the verse clearly says 'NONE CAN CHANGE ALLAH'S WORDS', which includes the Torah and the Gospel according to the same Qur'an.

Despite Allah's declaration that no one can change his words, many Muslims still say that the Bible was corrupted by Apostle Paul or by some later Christians. But if the gospel was corrupted, one begins to wonder why the Qur'an says that Christians still had the gospel during the time of Muhammad? See Surah 7:157

"Those who follow the messenger. The unlettered prophet whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures) - in the Torah, and the Gospel - it is they who will prosper"

And so more questions arise:

1. How can Christians find Muhammad mentioned in the scriptures when it was supposedly corrupted centuries earlier?

2. Allah says we'll find Muhammad mentioned in our corrupted scriptures - but we don't find him at all. Except as part of a general warning about false prophets who come to lead people away from Christ.

3. And if we did, how would we know this is not one of the corrupted parts?

4. And since our scripture contradicts Islam, why would Allah appeal to them as evidence of Islam? (As in Surah 7:157)

To compound the issue, Allah goes further to command Christians to judge by the Gospel in Surah 5:47

"Let the people of the for Gospel judge by what Allah has revealed therein. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah has revealed, they are no better than those who rebel"

Why does Allah command Muslims to judge by a corrupt book?

Clearly, Olobedience to this injunction leads to judgement by the gospel which leads to the conclusion that Islam is false.

Allah continues along the lines of Surah 5:47 in Surah 5:68 with the declaration

Say:"O people of the book! You have no ground to stand upon unless you stand fast by the Torah, the Gospel, and all the revelations that has come to you from your lord."

And yet again more questions arise,

1. Why would Allah tell us we have no ground to stand upon unless we stand upon a corrupt book?

2. If the gospel has been corrupted, wouldn't Allah just tell us to get rid of it and pick up the Qur'an?

Without doubt, the Qur'an clearly maintains that the gospel is authoritative for Christians; which only makes sense if the author of the Qur'an believed that Christians have the word of God.

But the Gospel wasn't just authoritative for Christians, it was authoritative for Muhammad and therefore Muslims.

When Muhammad had doubts about his revelations, Allah commanded him to go to the people of the book (Jews and Christians). - Surah 10:94

"But if you (o Muhammad) are in doubt as to what we have revealed to you, ask those who read the book before you; certainly the truth has come to you from your lord. Therefore you shouldn't be of the disputers"

Many Muslims today act as if the Qur'an stands in judgement over the Bible but this is far from the truth. It is in fact the Bible which stands in judgement over the Qur'an. Muhammad himself could only confirm his revelations by checking to see if they line up with the scriptures of the people of the book.

But you see, Muhammad continued preaching Islam. He apparently never took the test (Surah 10:94) very seriously. If he had gone to the people of the book in search of confirmation, he would have been forced to reject the Qur'an, because the Qur'an puts Muslims in an inescapable dilemma.

EITHER CHRISTIANS HAVE THE INSPIRED, PRESERVED AND AUTHORITATIVE WORD OF GOD OR THEY DON'T?

ONLY 2 POSSIBILITIES

1. IF WE DO HAVE THE INSPIRED PRESERVED AND AUTHORITATIVE WORD OF GOD, ISLAM IS FALSE BECAUSE IT CONTRADICTS WHAT WE HAVE.

2. IF WE DON'T HAVE THE INSPIRED PRESERVED AND AUTHORITATIVE WORD OF GOD, ISLAM IS FALSE BECAUSE THE QUR'AN AFFIRMS THE INSPIRATION, PRESERVATION AND AUTHORITY OF THE GOSPEL.

Either way my Muslim friend, the Qur'an self-destructs by its affirmation of scriptures that contradicts its core teachings.

Finally, if you don't want to live with all the contradictions, let us obey the gospel of Christ Jesus as both books command.

Shalom!

Friend01:

Contradiction in Christianity is well documented, but in Islām? It has being a challenge the Qur'ān has thrown at those who are willing to take up this challenge.
Just show us one contradiction in the Qur'ān to disprove Islām and I will stop being a Muslim.
We have being waiting for over a millennia and over four centuries yet, not even one man has being able to do that.
You can try if you wish.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Jonra(m): 3:26pm On Jan 02, 2019
Now I'm wondering 'what is your philosophy of life?'

jetz:
more like 7.3billion doing wrong to me
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Jonra(m): 3:29pm On Jan 02, 2019
Rest easy Sis.

I've listed all the contradictions on the 9th page of this thread.

Let's hope someone sees the truth and accepts it with an open heart.

Ezilytina:

Bro, did you say there are no contradictions in Quran? You are indirectly mocking yourself!
Why do you see the truth and choose to hide it because of your hatred for Christianity?

If there are no contradictions in Muslim,
why do you have a divided religion (those that believe that Muslim is a religion of war and the other believing that it is of peace) ?
Why do we have Boko-haram today?
Are they not Muslims?
Are they not practicing what your Mohammed clearly stated in your Quran and yet some people are still insisting that it is a religion of peace.

Even if I should state hundreds of contradictions in Quran, you will still not leave because going by all your post on this thread I can see that you are the type that can never accept the truth.

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Jonra(m): 3:31pm On Jan 02, 2019
But with contractions!

Lihyunpark:

You might be a practicing muslim but still doesnt understand Islam. Nobody who truely understand what Islam truely means and teaches leaves... It's too beautiful.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Lihyunpark(m): 3:35pm On Jan 02, 2019
Jonra:
But with contractions!
and what do you mean by the contractions?
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Jonra(m): 3:43pm On Jan 02, 2019
Hello my Muslim Friend,

In Surah 29:46, the Qur'an says "We believe in what has been revealed to us and what has been revealed to you. Our God and your God is one, and to him we submit"

But many Muslims do not believe in the gospel, saying it's been corrupted and that the Christian God is false.

If the Qur'an affirms it, why do Muslims still deny it? Several reasons are given below.

According to the Bible;

1. God is a trinity (one in nature or essence, but three in person) (Matthew 28:18-20)

And so, there's a serious problem with denying all four claims (made in the gospel) and affirming that the - the Torah, the Gospel were revealed by Allah as the Qur'an does in Surah 3:3-4

"He has revealed to you the book with truth, verifying that which is before it. And he revealed the Torah and the Gospel aforetime a guidance for the people, and He sent the Qur'an"

Therefore, any Islamic claim that the gospel is corrupted is in fact a statement that the guidance which Allah sent couldn't be protected and it ended up misguiding people.

Which creates another problem, because the Qur'an says in Surah 18:27 that no one can change the word of God.

"And recite what has been revealed to you of the book of your lord. There is none who can change his words. And you shall not find any refuge besides him"

Now, some Muslims would say that this verse only refers to the Qur'an. But the verse clearly says 'NONE CAN CHANGE ALLAH'S WORDS', which includes the Torah and the Gospel according to the same Qur'an.

Despite Allah's declaration that no one can change his words, many Muslims still say that the Bible was corrupted by Apostle Paul or by some later Christians. But if the gospel was corrupted, one begins to wonder why the Qur'an says
that Christians still had the gospel during the time of Muhammad? See Surah 7:157

"Those who follow the messenger. The unlettered prophet whom they find mentioned in their own (scriptures) - in the Torah, and the Gospel - it is they who will prosper"

1. How can Christians find Muhammad mentioned in the scriptures when it was supposedly corrupted centuries earlier?

2. Allah says we'll find Muhammad mentioned in our corrupted scriptures - but we don't find him at all. Except as part of a general warning about false prophets who come to lead people away from Christ.

4. And since our scripture contradicts Islam, why would Allah appeal to them as evidence of Islam? (As in Surah 7:157)

To compound the issue, Allah goes further to command Christians to judge by the Gospel in Surah 5:47

"Let the people of the for Gospel judge by what Allah has revealed therein. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah has revealed, they are no better than those who rebel"

Clearly, Olobedience to this injunction means to judge by the gospel which leads to the conclusion that Islam is false.

Allah continues along the lines of Surah 5:47 in Surah 5:68 with the declaration

Say:"O people of the book! You have no ground to stand upon unless you stand fast by the Torah, the Gospel, and all the revelations that has come to you from your lord."

1. Why would Allah tell us we have no ground to stand upon unless we stand upon a corrupt book?

2. If the gospel has been corrupted, wouldn't Allah just tell us to get rid of it and pick up the Qur'an?

Without doubt, the Qur'an clearly maintains that the gospel is authoritative for Christians; which only makes sense if the author of the Qur'an believed that Christians have the word of God.

But the Gospel wasn't just authoritative for Christians, it was authoritative for Muhammad and therefore Muslims.

When Muhammad had doubts about his revelations, Allah commanded him to go to the people of the book (Jews and Christians). - Surah 10:94

"But if you (o Muhammad) are in doubt as to what we have revealed to you, ask those who read the book before you; certainly the truth has come to you from your lord. Therefore you shouldn't be of the disputers"

Many Muslims today act as if the Qur'an stands in judgement over the Bible but this is far from the truth. It is in fact the Bible which stands in judgement over the Qur'an. Muhammad himself could only confirm his revelations by checking to see if they line up with the scriptures of the people of the book.

But you see, Muhammad continued preaching Islam. He apparently never took the test (Surah 10:94) very seriously. If he had gone to the people of the book in search of confirmation, he would have been forced to reject the Qur'an, because the Qur'an puts Muslims in an inescapable dilemma.

EITHER CHRISTIANS HAVE THE INSPIRED, PRESERVED AND AUTHORITATIVE WORD OF GOD OR THEY DON'T?

ONLY 2 POSSIBILITIES

1. IF WE DO HAVE THE INSPIRED PRESERVED AND AUTHORITATIVE WORD OF GOD, ISLAM IS FALSE BECAUSE IT CONTRADICTS WHAT WE HAVE.

2. IF WE DON'T HAVE THE INSPIRED PRESERVED AND AUTHORITATIVE WORD OF GOD, ISLAM IS FALSE BECAUSE THE QUR'AN AFFIRMS THE INSPIRATION, PRESERVATION AND AUTHORITY OF THE GOSPEL.

Either way my Muslim friend, the Qur'an self-destructs by its affirmation of scriptures that contradicts its core teachings.

Finally, if you don't want to live with all the contradictions, let us obey the gospel of Christ Jesus as both books command.

Shalom!

Lihyunpark:

and what do you mean by the contractions?
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Abbeyrazaq20(m): 3:46pm On Jan 02, 2019
Jonra:

Hello my Muslim Friend,

According to the Bible;

However, there's a serious problem with denying all four claims (made in the gospel) and affirming that the - the Torah, the Gospel were revealed by Allah as the Qur'an does in Surah 3:3-4

Despite Allah's declaration that no one can change his words, many Muslims still say that the Bible was corrupted by Apostle Paul or by some later Christians. But if the gospel was corrupted, one begins to wonder why the Qur'an says that Christians still had the gospel during the time of Muhammad? See Surah 7:157

Clearly, Olobedience to this injunction leads to judgement by the gospel which leads to the conclusion that Islam is false.

ONLY 2 POSSIBILITIES

Shalom!

smiles... your comment has shown that you are really confused buddy. all what you have quoted from Quran about bible is enough for you to know that ISLAM is truly a true religion.

About the man seeking advice, May Allah heal you. there's something people do get wrong about ALLAH. And it goes thus :
If you worship ALLAH, it's for your own good and if you don't it is your own palava.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Lihyunpark(m): 4:18pm On Jan 02, 2019
Jonra:
Hello my Muslim Friend,

Shalom!

waow nice write up bro... But you dont understand the Qur'an...

The Qur'an commands Muslims to believe in the revelations given to all of God's prophets. These prophets include Moses, David, and Jesus (peace be upon them). Muslims must believe in the revelations received by such prophets. Books associated with them are called by the names Torah, Psalms, and Gospel. Muslims, therefore believe in the original Torah, Psalms and Gospel. The Bible contains books by the same names and other books besides. Muslims are not commanded to believe in the other books. To be more specific, the Bible contains 66 books in the Protestant version, and 73 in the Catholic version. In the Bible, consisting 66 or 73 books, the Torah is represented as 5 books, the Psalms as 1, and the Gospel in 4 versions. This makes a total of 10 books within the Bible.

Muslims are not required to believe in any more than the ten books. But that assumes that the 10 books referred to are the same as what the Qur'an refers to when the Qur'an speaks of the Torah, Psalms and Gospel. A further check proves that these books changed contents over time although their names remained the same. To understand this concept, consider that a book like the Encyclopedia Britannica changes its contents and size several times throughout its history, yet is called by the same name. Obviously the Encyclopedia Britannica is not the same as it used to be. A closer check shows that something similar occurred with the Torah, Psalms, and Gospel. For a long time many people believed that Moses wrote the five books called Torah in the Bible. But now it is widely known that Moses could not have written those books in their entirety. One evidence for this is that Chapter 34 of the book of Deuteronomy describes the death and burial of Moses, and how the people mourned for him after his death. Obviously, Moses did not write that passage. Biblical scholars also acknowledge that the present composition of the Psalms cannot in its entirety be traced back to David. The Gospels is a more complex matter because the Bible contains not one but four. There is only one true Gospel which Jesus preached, but these are represented in four versions each according to a different author. The Qur'an requires Muslims to believe in the original Gospel that Jesus preached before the four versions were written. Everyone agrees that the four versions were written long after Jesus.

So mathew mark luke and john were after jesus was long gone. Furthermore it's funny when you quote a verse in the qur'an where God told prophet muhammad to ask people of the book if he is in doubt it's funny how you bible this verse is talking about bible but you fail t vse that talk about prophet muhammad being prophesized in the book
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by OkunrinMeta: 4:53pm On Jan 02, 2019
Lihyunpark:

Islamic bombing you say?... Majority of people living in maiduguri are muslims majority of people living in syria, in Iraq, palestine are muslims... Muslim are the majourity of those who are killed in those places I mentioned. Boko haram bomb mosques, they killed people in Jumuat (friday prayer) they killed people in market place and streets. Do not use the act of some groups of terrorists to justify billions of muslims all over the world. Islam doesnt preach terrorism

So is it Christians that disguise as Muslims and kill in the name of Islam? Shey Christians do this and shout alaukabar and record video of themselves boasting about killing in the name of Allah.?? All the kaduna religious crisis that have happened in Nigeria before bolo haram started was also not done by Muslims? It is the Christians in kaduna that caused it. It's just that the Christians in Christian states don't "cause" it?

Is it also Christians, disguised as Muslims that have been causing unrest in Pakistan and Iraq and Iran? And many other Islamic nations?
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by prettyboi1(m): 5:52pm On Jan 02, 2019
Friend01:

Contradiction in Christianity is well documented, but in Islām? It has being a challenge the Qur'ān has thrown at those who are willing to take up this challenge.
Just show us one contradiction in the Qur'ān to disprove Islām and I will stop being a Muslim.
We have being waiting for over a millennia and over four centuries yet, not even one man has being able to do that.
You can try if you wish.

Religion on a general note has so many contradictions. Stop excusing Islam. I respect your religion & your views, but I'm just saying. There are so many contradictions, biases & religion is full of dogma. You're expected to not question anything.

Usually the people of all religious sects don't see the biases. If they did, religion would not be causing as much division as it causes in the world today. Like I said, I respect your views but I'm just being open in this discussion.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Friend01(m): 8:27pm On Jan 02, 2019
Jonra:

Hello my Muslim Friend,

According to the Bible;

ONLY 2 POSSIBILITIES

Shalom!

Jonra:

Hello my Muslim Friend,

According to the Bible;

ONLY 2 POSSIBILITIES

Shalom!

I must say this should be about the most lengthy reply I have read for a very long time here on Nairaland.

Inshaa'a Allāh (God willing) I will give answers to every seeming contradiction you brought from the Qur'ān.
But before we go into that. We need to make some ground rules so that we don't end up mistaking foul for fish and fish for foul.

We believe as Muslims in all the prophets mentioned in the Torah(revealed to prophet Moses, peace be upon him) and as well as Gospel(revealed to Jesus Christ, peace be upon him) .In fact, we believe all the revelations sent down to previous prophets of the Jewish origin down to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Almighty Allah be upon him) this we believe without any contradiction or support from outside .

Now let's delve into the contradictions you brought.

1. The Surah (in English it, means chapter) you brought - 29:49 it simply stated the obvious about what I just elucidated above.
We(muslims) believe in the revelation given to Jesus Christ which is the injeel that is, Gospel but we do not believe the Bible completely to be the word of God.
Why? It is because the Bible itself is not a revelation but a compilation of books of different accounts.
Even bible scholars will tell you that the words Jesus spoke in the NT can only fill up two and half pages of a news paper and the rest are reports of eyewitnesses of his disciples,accounts of historians and the epistles of Paul.
I would have expanded on the gospels according to John, Mathew and the rest to see if there were really written or even 'inspired' by the God through the Holy Ghost as christains believe .
Well, that's a different subject matter entirely let's not it distract us from the bone of contention.

The four points you brought to contradict the yourself (not the Qur'ān ) can easily be answered in the following biblical verses.

OT reads in Deuteronomy 6:4-5:
"Hear O Isreal:The Lord our God is one Lord. "

Isaiah reads:
"...I am the first, and I am the last and besides Me there is no God.

NT reads in 1st Corinthians 17:20
"O Lord, there is none like You, neither is there any God beside you, according to all we have heard with our ears "

Paul even writes in 1st Timothy 2:5:

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the MAN (not God oh, but MAN) Christ Jesus. "

I can go on and on just reeling out one verse aftwr another from your bible to show how shallow and feeble your arguments are.

2.Like I said in my first point, we believe in the gospel revealed to Jesus not the Bible as a whole.
Please, do not mistake the phrase "as a whole" to mean the whole. There are not the same.
Some parts of the bible are clearly affirmed in our Qur'ān which is consistent with the unchanging word of God we you talked about. I hope this is clear now.

The verse of 18:27 you also cites is clearly addressed to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) about the preservation of the Qur'aan not the Bible.

It clearly states... "the book that have been revealed to you " which book? We may curiously askf which book? is it the Bible?
No. It is the Qur'ān sent to You; that is,Muhammad (peace be upon him)
The book is the Qur'ān, not another other book.

You also insisted that it was not the Qur'ān despite you knew what we would say. Here are your words:
"Now, some Muslims would say that this verse only refers to the Qur'an. But the verse clearly says 'NONE CAN CHANGE ALLAH'S WORDS', which includes the Torah and the Gospel according to the same Qur'an."

You can't be reading a verse in segments.
Even if the words of Allaah don't change it was not referring to any other revelation here specifically. It was clearly referring to the Qur'ān not the Torah or the Injeel(the Gospel) like you claimed.

We Muslims agree the words of Allah don't change.
Like He, almighty God has said in several places in the Qur'ān.
He only complements what He has sent before with another revelation giving a fuller meaning to the previous revelation.
A good example of this is the gospel of Jesus (not the Bible as a whole,so you don't mistake it ) came to give a fuller meaning to the Torah (revealed to Moses, peace be upon you) like he said in Mathew 5:17-19 .

4.The Surah 7:157 is not talking about the Bible.
Stop calling the Bible the gospel(see my earlier explanation on this point).

The Qur'ān is simply referring to the original message of Jesus which he prophesied about the comforter to come in John 14:26 and particularly in John 16:7
I know you might disagree that the comforter is the Holy Ghost, but the Holy Ghost was already there before Jesus was even born. He was with Elizabeth and Mary and it even came like a dove upon Jesus's shoulder during his baptism.

So, your argument on that is flawed.

From the four questions you asked concerning the prophesy of Muhammad in your scripture of accepting a 'corrupt' scripture to support our claim can be answered in two ways:

1.The bible as a whole is not the gospel,but it does not mean we can't find relevant passages that are consistent with the unchanging word of God like I cited earlier in the beginning of this reply .If you read Deuteronomy 18-19 of the OT ;and John 14:27 and John 16:7 NT you will get what I am saying.

2. When we say the previous books(most of gospels in the bible of the OT and NT )were corrupted :it means there were interpolations which are not consistent with the truth(In the Psalms of David, Torah of Moses and the Qur'ān ) that conciliates with what came before.

For instance, like the Trinitarian idea and Jesus becoming God are in total contradiction to what all prophets in the OT called to and believed in which is, the belief in One true God.

The Surah 5:7 is clear and explicit enough to those who can see what the Qur'aan calls to.
You were suppose to judge with the revelation which are in the Torah and gospels that are consistent with what the Qur'aan exhorts to:

Is it not in your Bible that Jesus (peace be upon him) tells you that he came to fulfill the laws of the previous prophets by worshipping God alone like he did in the garden of Gethesamne during the last hour and how he also taught his disciples the Lord's Prayer).

Is it not in your Bible that a comforter (that is Prophet Muhammad ,peace be upon him) will come?

Is it not in your Bible that Jesus prohibited worshipping of others than God?

Is it not in your Bible that Jesus prohibited adultery and fornication?

There are many more of such verses that you are not judging by in your book(though corrupted verses are abound there in)

Surah 10:94 is again, simply talking about prophesies of the Prophet Muhammad in your book not asking you Christians or Jews about guidance or how to worship.

The matter is very clear. if it wasn't so, why would God reveal to him to call you to accept him as a prophet since according to you he was asked to seek guidance from the Christians.
Does it make any sense?

And my final answer would be, the Bible is not one of the revelations we believe and neither is it a book Jesus Christ spoke about. It is a compilation NOT a revelation.
The Qur'ān stands on it own as a revelation from God has it affirms for itself with this verse from Surah Yunus(chapter Jonah) 10:37:

"And it was not [possible] for this Qur’an to be produced by other than Allah, but [it is] a confirmation of what was before it and a detailed explanation of the [former] Scripture, about which there is no doubt, from the Lord of the worlds."

I want you to produce just one single verse from your big bible(s) where the word "bible" can be found claiming to be a revelation from God.
Just one oh.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Friend01(m): 8:29pm On Jan 02, 2019
Jonra:

Hello my Muslim Friend,

According to the Bible;

ONLY 2 POSSIBILITIES

Shalom!

And If you think I am through you are mistaking.

I want you to disprove the following contradictions. in your Bible before you stand in judgement over other people's book.

Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. —2 Kings 24:8

Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem… —2 Chronicles 36:9

Is it eighteen years old or eight years old?
I know I don't have the Holy ghost and I am carnal minded like you would say .
But, e joor,Ma Bi nuu, please, tell your Holy Ghost to give us the answer since this great book was 'inspired ' by God through him.

Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy…and they shall be your possession…they shall be your bondmen forever. —Leviticus 25:45-46

Undo the heavy burdens…let the oppressed go free,…break every yoke. —Isaiah 58:6

Bondsmen forever or go free?

For I am the Lord; I change not. —Malachi 3:6

And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people. —Exodus 32:14

An unchanging Lord or one that repents?

For I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation. —Exodus 20:5

The Lord is good to all. —Psalms 145:9

Is Lord the one the visits iniquity upon some children or good to all?

No man hath seen God at any time. —John 1:18

For I have seen God face to face. —Genesis 32:30

Seen or not seen?

For every man shall bear his own burden. —Galatians 6:2

Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. —Galatians 6:2

Who bears the burden :everyone or you can share the burden?

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. —Romans 3:23

There was a man…who name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright. —Job 1:1

Is it all or one or none?

Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign. —II Kings 8:26

Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign. —II Chronicles 22:2

Even Hollywood can't produce this!
22 years old or 42 years?
Please, tell us.

Submit yourself to every ordinance of man…to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors. —I Peter 2:13

We ought to obey God rather than men. —Acts 5:29

Please, just answer.

And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.  —Mark 16:2

The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre. —John 20:1

Is it they or Mary?
or the Holy Ghost forgot to tell John what he told Mark?

And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.—Mark 15:25

…about the sixth hour…they cried out…crucify him….Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. —John 19:14-16

Is it the third or another added three hours(six hours).
Tell us.

Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned… —Romans 5:12

Very truly I tell you, whoever obeys my word will never see death. —John 8:51

Just answer!?

Please ,you. should be able to tell me If these verses have being expunged or revised(like yriu always do) revising the word of God without permission -since you agree the word of God does not change.

For your information :Qur'ān is the ONLY book on the face of the planet that has not undergone any revision, interpolation, concoction, aberration, destruction, confusion or even abrogation since it was revealed;even Sir William Murray a staunch Qur'ān critic had to unwillingly accept this.

Oga, the floor is yours.

I won't tell you shalom or salaam.
You have to finish what you started.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Friend01(m): 8:46pm On Jan 02, 2019
prettyboi1:

Religion on a general note has so many contradictions. Stop excusing Islam. I respect your religion & your views, but I'm just saying. There are so many contradictions, biases & religion is full of dogma. You're expected to not question anything.

Usually the people of all religious sects don't see the biases. If they did, religion would not be causing as much division as it causes in the world today. Like I said, I respect your views but I'm just being open in this discussion.
Islām is not dogmatic in the sense that you understand it.
It is open to criticsm not some unquestioned religious views fixated upon personal opinions.
Like everything in. life has it rules and principles so. is Islām, saying dogmatism defines Islām is not really doing justice to this religion .

You are open to ask any question that makes you think the way you do about Islām.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by prettyboi1(m): 10:17pm On Jan 02, 2019
Friend01:

Islām is not dogmatic in the sense that you understand it.
It is open to criticsm not some unquestioned religious views fixated upon personal opinions.
Like everything in. life has it rules and principles so. is Islām, saying dogmatism defines Islām is not really doing justice to this religion .

You are open to ask any question that makes you think the way you do about Islām.

I'm not being specific to Islam alone. I'm talking about all religions.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by PeacenLove2: 12:02am On Jan 03, 2019
prettyboi1:

I'm not being specific to Islam alone. I'm talking about all religions.

People who argue religions are the most rigid ignorant puppets of all time. If only they could be more honest with themselves, use their God-given intelligence to embrace progress and grow in wisdom.

Laissez-faire, people. It doesn't have to be your way and yours only all the time, others have something great in them too only if you just stop being so self absorbed. grin
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Alennsar(f): 1:40pm On Jan 03, 2019
Jonra:
Hello my Muslim Friend,

According to the Bible;

And so, there's a serious problem with denying all four claims (made in the gospel) and affirming that the - the Torah, the Gospel were revealed by Allah as the Qur'an does in Surah 3:3-4

Despite Allah's declaration that no one can change his words, many Muslims still say that the Bible was corrupted by Apostle Paul or by some later Christians. But if the gospel was corrupted, one begins to wonder why the Qur'an says
that Christians still had the gospel during the time of Muhammad? See Surah 7:157

Clearly, Olobedience to this injunction means to judge by the gospel which leads to the conclusion that Islam is false.

ONLY 2 POSSIBILITIES

Shalom!

and where is the Injil or Injilah? the book that was given to Jesus the son of Mary, servant of the most high God.

and please don't mention the Bible because Wikipedia is your friend.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Jonra(m): 5:54am On Jan 04, 2019
Thank you. I'll respond to all the points raised, and I hope you'll be open minded enough to accept truth at the end of it all.

Though how any of these your points contradict the central tenet of Christianity is difficult to spot. At the minimum, there's no unresolvable dilemma as in Islam.

Nasr Abu Zayd, Abdolkarish Soroush, Abdel Razik, Mahmoud Muhammad Taha and many Islamic thinkers have all tried to make fundamental reforms to Islam but failed because Islamic clerics fear that allowing critical thought will lead many to leave Islam.

Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, a staunch Medina Muslim and a prominent leader of the Muslim Brotherhood, has said: “If they had gotten rid of the apostasy punishment Islam would not exist today. Islam would have ended with the death of the Prophet, peace be upon him. Opposing apostasy is what kept Islam to this day.”

Before we carry on, I need to know if you have the capacity to question your religion?

Friend01:

And If you think I am through you are mistaking.

I want you to disprove the following contradictions. in your Bible before you stand in judgement over other people's book.

Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. —2 Kings 24:8

Jehoiachin was eight years old when he began to reign, and he reigned three months and ten days in Jerusalem… —2 Chronicles 36:9

But, e joor,Ma Bi nuu, please, tell your Holy Ghost to give us the answer since this great book was 'inspired ' by God through him.

Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy…and they shall be your possession…they shall be your bondmen forever. —Leviticus 25:45-46

Undo the heavy burdens…let the oppressed go free,…break every yoke. —Isaiah 58:6

For I am the Lord; I change not. —Malachi 3:6

And the Lord repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people. —Exodus 32:14

For I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation. —Exodus 20:5

No man hath seen God at any time. —John 1:18

Seen or not seen?

For every man shall bear his own burden. —Galatians 6:2

Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. —Galatians 6:2

Who bears the burden :everyone or you can share the burden?

For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. —Romans 3:23

There was a man…who name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright. —Job 1:1

Please, tell us.

Submit yourself to every ordinance of man…to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors. —I Peter 2:13

Please, just answer.

And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.  —Mark 16:2

The first day of the week cometh Mary Magdalene early, when it was yet dark, unto the sepulchre, and seeth the stone taken away from the sepulchre. —John 20:1

Is it they or Mary?

…about the sixth hour…they cried out…crucify him….Then delivered he him therefore unto them to be crucified. —John 19:14-16

Tell us.

Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all people, because all sinned… —Romans 5:12

Just answer!?

Please ,you. should be able to tell me If these verses have being expunged or revised(like yriu always do) revising the word of God without permission -since you agree the word of God does not change.

For your information :Qur'ān is the ONLY book on the face of the planet that has not undergone any revision, interpolation, concoction, aberration, destruction, confusion or even abrogation since it was revealed;even Sir William Murray a staunch Qur'ān critic had to unwillingly accept this.

Oga, the floor is yours.

I won't tell you shalom or salaam.
You have to finish what you started.

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Jonra(m): 6:56am On Jan 04, 2019
Nice. I like you already!

There's a lot for me to learn from our conversation. For one, I never knew that you regard Muhammad as the promised comforter whom Jesus Christ explicitly called 'Spirit of God' and who will glorify Jesus (John 16: 13-15). Muhammad is as far from Jesus as far can be.

I also noticed that you don't believe the trinitarian idea. I hope after when we're done talking about this, you'll begin to see the connection. Even if you haven't voiced it, one of your fundamental question is where did Jesus say, 'I am God, Worship me'?

Answering this question will strengthen my previous arguments and the divinity of the Bible.

And I pray you'll end up like my Lebanese brother Pastor Muhammed Yamout who's now proclaiming the gospel in Lebanon.

PS: Your hermeneutic gymnastics to inject Ahmad into scripture did not start with you. Even your scholars failed at it.

Friend01:

I must say this should be about the most lengthy reply I have read for a very long time here on Nairaland.

Inshaa'a Allāh (God willing) I will give answers to every seeming contradiction you brought from the Qur'ān.
But before we go into that. We need to make some ground rules so that we don't end up mistaking foul for fish and fish for foul.

We believe as Muslims in all the prophets mentioned in the Torah(revealed to prophet Moses, peace be upon him) and as well as Gospel(revealed to Jesus Christ, peace be upon him) .In fact, we believe all the revelations sent down to previous prophets of the Jewish origin down to Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of Almighty Allah be upon him) this we believe without any contradiction or support from outside .

Now let's delve into the contradictions you brought.

1. The Surah (in English it, means chapter) you brought - 29:49 it simply stated the obvious about what I just elucidated above.
We(muslims) believe in the revelation given to Jesus Christ which is the injeel that is, Gospel but we do not believe the Bible completely to be the word of God.
Why? It is because the Bible itself is not a revelation but a compilation of books of different accounts.
Even bible scholars will tell you that the words Jesus spoke in the NT can only fill up two and half pages of a news paper and the rest are reports of eyewitnesses of his disciples,accounts of historians and the epistles of Paul.
I would have expanded on the gospels according to John, Mathew and the rest to see if there were really written or even 'inspired' by the God through the Holy Ghost as christains believe .
Well, that's a different subject matter entirely let's not it distract us from the bone of contention.

The four points you brought to contradict the yourself (not the Qur'ān ) can easily be answered in the following biblical verses.

OT reads in Deuteronomy 6:4-5:
"Hear O Isreal:The Lord our God is one Lord. "

Isaiah reads:
"...I am the first, and I am the last and besides Me there is no God.

NT reads in 1st Corinthians 17:20
"O Lord, there is none like You, neither is there any God beside you, according to all we have heard with our ears "

Paul even writes in 1st Timothy 2:5:

"For there is one God and one mediator between God and men, the MAN (not God oh, but MAN) Christ Jesus. "

I can go on and on just reeling out one verse aftwr another from your bible to show how shallow and feeble your arguments are.

2.Like I said in my first point, we believe in the gospel revealed to Jesus not the Bible as a whole.
Please, do not mistake the phrase "as a whole" to mean the whole. There are not the same.
Some parts of the bible are clearly affirmed in our Qur'ān which is consistent with the unchanging word of God we you talked about. I hope this is clear now.

The verse of 18:27 you also cites is clearly addressed to the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) about the preservation of the Qur'aan not the Bible.

It clearly states... "the book that have been revealed to you " which book? We may curiously askf which book? is it the Bible?
No. It is the Qur'ān sent to You; that is,Muhammad (peace be upon him)
The book is the Qur'ān, not another other book.

You also insisted that it was not the Qur'ān despite you knew what we would say. Here are your words:
"Now, some Muslims would say that this verse only refers to the Qur'an. But the verse clearly says 'NONE CAN CHANGE ALLAH'S WORDS', which includes the Torah and the Gospel according to the same Qur'an."

You can't be reading a verse in segments.
Even if the words of Allaah don't change it was not referring to any other revelation here specifically. It was clearly referring to the Qur'ān not the Torah or the Injeel(the Gospel) like you claimed.

We Muslims agree the words of Allah don't change.
Like He, almighty God has said in several places in the Qur'ān.
He only complements what He has sent before with another revelation giving a fuller meaning to the previous revelation.
A good example of this is the gospel of Jesus (not the Bible as a whole,so you don't mistake it ) came to give a fuller meaning to the Torah (revealed to Moses, peace be upon you) like he said in Mathew 5:17-19 .

4.The Surah 7:157 is not talking about the Bible.
Stop calling the Bible the gospel(see my earlier explanation on this point).

The Qur'ān is simply referring to the original message of Jesus which he prophesied about the comforter to come in John 14:26 and particularly in John 16:7
I know you might disagree that the comforter is the Holy Ghost, but the Holy Ghost was already there before Jesus was even born. He was with Elizabeth and Mary and it even came like a dove upon Jesus's shoulder during his baptism.

So, your argument on that is flawed.

From the four questions you asked concerning the prophesy of Muhammad in your scripture of accepting a 'corrupt' scripture to support our claim can be answered in two ways:

1.The bible as a whole is not the gospel,but it does not mean we can't find relevant passages that are consistent with the unchanging word of God like I cited earlier in the beginning of this reply .If you read Deuteronomy 18-19 of the OT ;and John 14:27 and John 16:7 NT you will get what I am saying.

2. When we say the previous books(most of gospels in the bible of the OT and NT )were corrupted :it means there were interpolations which are not consistent with the truth(In the Psalms of David, Torah of Moses and the Qur'ān ) that conciliates with what came before.

For instance, like the Trinitarian idea and Jesus becoming God are in total contradiction to what all prophets in the OT called to and believed in which is, the belief in One true God.

The Surah 5:7 is clear and explicit enough to those who can see what the Qur'aan calls to.
You were suppose to judge with the revelation which are in the Torah and gospels that are consistent with what the Qur'aan exhorts to:

Is it not in your Bible that Jesus (peace be upon him) tells you that he came to fulfill the laws of the previous prophets by worshipping God alone like he did in the garden of Gethesamne during the last hour and how he also taught his disciples the Lord's Prayer).

Is it not in your Bible that a comforter (that is Prophet Muhammad ,peace be upon him) will come?

Is it not in your Bible that Jesus prohibited worshipping of others than God?

Is it not in your Bible that Jesus prohibited adultery and fornication?

There are many more of such verses that you are not judging by in your book(though corrupted verses are abound there in)

Surah 10:94 is again, simply talking about prophesies of the Prophet Muhammad in your book not asking you Christians or Jews about guidance or how to worship.

The matter is very clear. if it wasn't so, why would God reveal to him to call you to accept him as a prophet since according to you he was asked to seek guidance from the Christians.
Does it make any sense?

And my final answer would be, the Bible is not one of the revelations we believe and neither is it a book Jesus Christ spoke about. It is a compilation NOT a revelation.
The Qur'ān stands on it own as a revelation from God has it affirms for itself with this verse from Surah Yunus(chapter Jonah) 10:37:

"And it was not [possible] for this Qur’an to be produced by other than Allah, but [it is] a confirmation of what was before it and a detailed explanation of the [former] Scripture, about which there is no doubt, from the Lord of the worlds."

I want you to produce just one single verse from your big bible(s) where the word "bible" can be found claiming to be a revelation from God.
Just one oh.

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Jonra(m): 7:04am On Jan 04, 2019
I understand your unwillingness to probe the pillars of your existence. No answer whatsoever to the Islamic dilemma?

Abbeyrazaq20:

smiles... your comment has shown that you are really confused buddy. all what you have quoted from Quran about bible is enough for you to know that ISLAM is truly a true religion.

About the man seeking advice, May Allah heal you. there's something people do get wrong about ALLAH. And it goes thus :
If you worship ALLAH, it's for your own good and if you don't it is your own palava.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Jonra(m): 7:13am On Jan 04, 2019
Great moniker... Easy on the tongue

You also doubt the divinity of the Bible. Iss ok

Let's begin with the foundation of how 'Jesus is God'. It'll guide every other discourse we'll have.

Alennsar... grin

Alennsar:

and where is the Injil or Injilah? the book that was given to Jesus the son of Mary, servant of the most high God.

and please don't mention the Bible because Wikipedia is your friend.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 8:44am On Jan 04, 2019
mechanics:
If you are neither a Muslim or a Christian, then you are a pagan, you should simply look for someone that will accept who you are, you can't force someone to buy your views when it's not scriptural.
Define pagan?
What about the Jews do they worship multiple gods are they pagans? are you forgetting that other religions existed before these two.Some People who are neither Muslims or Christians could be atheist,deist,pantheist etc.are they pagans ?

The man is not forcing his wife to accept his beliefs didn't you read? he wants her to tolerate the fact that they no longer share the same religious views which his wife is finding hard to live with.

2 Likes

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by mechanics(m): 1:42pm On Jan 04, 2019
Ladyhippolyta88:

Define pagan?
What about the Jews do they worship multiple gods are they pagans? are you forgetting that other religions existed before these two.Some People who are neither Muslims or Christians could be atheist,deist,pantheist etc.are they pagans ?

The man is not forcing his wife to accept his beliefs didn't you read? he wants her to tolerate the fact that they no longer share the same religious views which his wife is finding hard to live with.
That's what am saying na, it will be hard for his wife to accept his belief, because in our country, is either you are a Christian or a Muslim, anything outside that, people will think that person is occultic
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by diadem10: 4:11pm On Jan 05, 2019
Friend01:

1. Jehoiachin was eighteen years old when he began to reign, and he reigned in Jerusalem three months. —2 Kings 24:8

The scrolls were quite old by the time they were put together. Hence, some words could have faded. The number 1 behind 8 could haved faded out when the translator translated it and he did it as he had seen it.

Friend01:

2. Moreover of the children of the strangers that do sojourn among you, of them shall ye buy…and they shall be your possession…they shall be your bondmen forever. —Leviticus 25:45-46

When God asked the children of Israel to go possess the promised land, they were to posses everything, both the land and the humans on it.

That's a lot different from Isaiah's prophecy of heavy burden, oppression being losed at the arrival of the messiah. It was the premonition of things to come.

Friend01:

3. For I am the Lord; I change not. —Malachi 3:6

When God says he never change, he means his true nature which comprises Mercy, Long suffering, grace, truth and goodness (Ex 33:5-6) and also the fact that he's a consuming fire will never change. His nature remain the same no matter what.

Friend01:

4. For I the Lord thy God am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers upon the children unto the third and fourth generation. —Exodus 20:5

Isn't he good to all? The rain and sun shine on both the wicked and the righteous, isn't? More importantly, he already sent his son to remove all curses and yokes. Hence no one can inherit his father's sin if he accept Christ as his Lord.

Friend01:

5.No man hath seen God at any time. —John 1:18

Seen or not seen?

Don't just copy and paste some rubbish w/o digging deep into it.
Jacob made the statement after he wrestled with an angel
who eventually blessed him (Ex 32:1). To Jacob, the angel represent God's ministration. Even Moses that saw God's back and spoke to him wouldn't say he saw God face to face.

Friend01:

6.For every man shall bear his own burden. —Galatians 6:2

Bear ye one another’s burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. —Galatians 6:2 Who bears the burden :everyone or you can share the burden?

Like I stated earlier, dig deep before posting. The 'Gal 6:5' you're referring to went on to say in verse 7: Be not deceived, God isn't mocked. Whatever a man sow, he reap'.

So yes, every man wil bear his burden and reap what he sow on judgement day. Am the I supposed to bear your sin/burden?

Friend01:

7. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. —Romans 3:23

Please, tell us.

Please, just answer.

Is it they or Mary?

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by diadem10: 5:26pm On Jan 05, 2019
Friend01:

7. For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God. —Romans 3:23

All have indeed sinned however there were/are some elect who were already sanctified right from their Mother's womb. Enoch was one. Another was John the Baptist whom the bible told us he was sanctified and filled with holy spirit from his mother's womb. Another was Samson, Elijah, Samuel etc. These people were already chosen from womb, sanctified and filled with the holy Spirit.

Of course, they all inherited Adam's sin but had been already purged from womb. That's why we say they are the elect. For instance Jacob was already chosen even before he was born and eventhough Esau wasn't an Elect, he still sought for redemption and got it in the end, just as God expect mankind to do.

Friend01:

8. Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign. —II Kings 8:26

Please, tell us.

See my answer to your first question. The scrolls were old.

Friend01:

9. Submit yourself to every ordinance of man…to the king, as supreme; Or unto governors. —I Peter 2:13

Please, just answer.

It's quite simple. When a government law isn't conflicting with God's commandment, why disobey it then? Didn't Jesus say people should pay their tax when he said 'Give unto Ceasar what it's his and give God what is he's''

This is different from the King commanding the three Hebrews to bow to the golden calf or be thrown into fire and God says 'thou shall not have any other God except me''. Abeg, some of your questions are just comical.

Friend01:

10.And very early in the morning the first day of the week, they came unto the sepulchre at the rising of the sun.  —Mark 16:2

Is it they or Mary?

Boils down to different narrators. Besides, we know it was only Mary that waited and waited at the sepulchre until she eventually saw Jesus while other already left.

The other narrator (John) could have felt the other disciples that went and left were inconsequential in his narration. Note that same John told us in his last statement of same John scripture that he only summarised the history of Christ. He didn't give us the full gist of Christ's history because he felt it would be too voluminous if he had tried.

Friend01:

11. And it was the third hour, and they crucified him.—Mark 15:25

Tell us.

The 3rd hours include 9a.m and 3pm whereas the 6th hours are 12pm and 6pm..

John didn't say Jesus was crucified at the 6th hour. He said Jesus had his trial at the 6th hour and was then led to the golgoltha. He could have had his trial at the 6th hour and crucified at the 3rd hour.
It all still boils down to two different narrators.

Friend01:

Just answer!?

You truly need Jesus.

When God's talking about death, he means death to one's soul. The ability not to be in the presence of God.

We were told Adam and Eve were always in God's presence but the moment they sinned, they hid from God and even at that, God didn't want to see them and cast them out of the garden. Their souls were dead to God as far as he's concerned.

Today through Jesus, a new garden has been created which is the new heaven where we learnt that God would be the light in that heaven and as such a dead soul without light (Christ) would be cast far away from the light 'cos light and darkness are two things apart.

N:B Christ is the brightness of God's glory- Heb 1:3. As we already know, the earth would vanish away and there would be only one world which is the new Jerusalem and if God is to be the light of such Jerusalem, a dead soul filled with darkness would be cast far away from such light and sunk below into a dark pit and Magma (which is the fire/vocanoe beneath the earth surface already vanished away).

Hence, we can now say God didn't create a hell, hell just happened due to God's nature.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

10 Things You Should Never Do To Your Wife. / Nigerian Dad Politely Rejects His Daughter’s N10k Father’s Day Gift (Video) / 23-year-old Law Student Gets A Mercedes Benz From Her Mother As Birthday Gift

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 304
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.