Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,147 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:20 AM

My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views (50579 Views)

Aisha Yesufu: We Should Learn To Be Comfortable With Divorce / My Wife Is Adulterous: Advice Needed-long Post / My Wife Is A Good Woman But Hates Sex After Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Hermes019: 5:57pm On Jan 01, 2019
AlPeter:
I don't believe in religion either though I believe In God. I have come to realize religion is man's effort to reach God.
I am a Christian not because I go to church but because I pattern my life towards being more like Christ.
The problem many have with Christianity is looking at folks that practice the religion rather than live the life.
I am not a Christian because I go to church but because of my choices.
So Christianity is not a religion ?
I don't know why you guys like putting things the wrong way
Christianity is primarily a religion,of course it can also be considered as a lifestyle,both descriptions mutually exist,stop saying Chriatianity is not a religion just to sound special and score cheap points ?

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by jaggabban: 6:02pm On Jan 01, 2019
Time2Smile:

And what has the bold got to do with anything. Didn't you read where he said they are Muslims.? If he is struggling with accepting God existence despite his Islamic background, is it Christianity with its many contradictions, lack of genuine spirituality and excessive focus on worldly material wealth that will provide him clarity?
U are a billionaire this 2019.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by sulasa07(m): 6:05pm On Jan 01, 2019
mainanalyst:
How Do I Convince My Wife?

Hi everyone, I will try not to make this post a lengthy one.

I was born into a Muslim family and raised as a muslim. My wife met me as a practicing Muslim way back 2005 when we were both undergraduate in one of Nigeria's federal Universities. Recently, i started losing interest in religion, started seeing it as a source of division among humans ( like Muslims attacking Christians and vice versa). The idea of people burning in hell and some people enjoying in paradise makes no sense to me if God is really loving as claimed by theists.

But my wife is not comfortable with my religious views, infact she has started seeing me as hellbound ( don't blame her though, a true Muslim hardly marry from other religions talkless of marrying a freethinker like me ). I can see that the love she has for me is gradually reducing simply because I chose not to hold any religious views. I have no problem with her religious views, sometimes when she is far asleep, I will wake her up in the morning to observe her solat.

How do I make her understand that I can be a good husband to her without having any religious beliefs ?
The only thing she reads about are stuffs pertaining to Islam, she hardly read about science or other non religious topics. She is one of the people who believes that no human can be morally upright without having the fear of God or subscribe to religious ideas.

Just of recent, I thought of leaving Nigeria to any western country so as to be able to live my life peacefully without anyone questioning my religious views or tag me as an infidel. But I can't just leave everything behind just because my woman is not comfortable with my religious views and has been quarrelling with me on it.

How do I make her live with me peacefully without her feeling uncomfortable? Has anyone experienced this before ? How did you manage the situation ?
Well,I don't pray for or advice people coz they will do what they believe is right.
I will only mention the idea of heaven n hell,you say don't understand why some people will burn in hell while some people will enjoy in heaven, well since you wanted to travel out of Nigeria,I will use USA as an example,With all the freedom to engage in all kinds of evil practices in USA,do they still put some people in jail coz of their actions or not?I'm sure you know USA government is seen as the best in the world coz of all the freedom they give to people,please ask them why they still put some people behind bars.Once,they reply you,you will be able to understand why ALLAH is loving to HIS slaves and at the same time be cruel to deterrents
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by OkunrinMeta: 6:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
Soflex:
Hello mainanalyst,

Welcome to the world of freedom and inner peace. I've gone through similar scenerio as yours, though as "christian", so I think I should have a piece of advice for you.

I will encourage you to show her more love and care. I believe if she truly loves you in the first place, she will come around and love you for who you are now. Religion claim love and freedom, so why should you force it on anyone or hate them for not accepting it.

Secondly, try and get out of naija if you have the opportunity to do so, it will be better if you can take her and the kids along. An opportunity came for me to leave for America (alone) couple of years ago but I made sure I did everything I could to go with my family, and it worked.

Now, she knows I'm a better human being now than when I was a Christian and she loves me more for it. And yea, nobody is bothering my life here on why I don't go to church every Sunday. I only go when the kids make request that I should go with them.

Hope things work out well for you too bro.

I am happy to read this.

I have also come to the conclusion that some of us are just not made for the Nigerian system.

If there are 58 or so counties in Africa ALL has put itself in one form of mental bondage or the other (be it religious bigotry, or ethnic descrimination, corruption , nepotism etc.) , then there is a problem with the black man. And so I can't wait to leave this country.

Any Nigerian who can see how messed up this is should just strive and leave the country to the people who own it, the majority.

The majority always win, and because the majority will always triumph, we should each find a place where our thinking is inline with that of the majority. There are close to 300 countries in this world.

Its funny how the countries on the bottom are those most resistant to changing their beliefs.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by diadem10: 6:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
ollah2:

2 Chronicles 15:13
But that whoever would not seek the Lord, the God of Israel, should be put to death young or old, man or woman.

Luke 19:27

But as for these enemies of mine, who did not want me to reign over them, bring them here and slaughter them before me.’”

Deuteronomy 13:6-10 
“If your brother, the son of your mother, or your son or your daughter or the wife you embrace or your friend who is as your own soul entices you secretly, saying, ‘Let us go and serve other gods,’ which neither you nor your fathers have known, some of the gods of the peoples who are around you, whether near you or far off from you, from the one end of the earth to the other, you shall not yield to him or listen to him, nor shall your eye pity him, nor shall you spare him, nor shall you conceal him. But you shall kill him. Your hand shall be first against him to put him to death, and afterward the hand of all the people. You shall stone him to death with stones, because he sought to draw you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of slavery" 

EX 17:13 With the Lord's approval, Joshua mows down Amalek and his people.
EX 21:20-21 With the Lord's approval, a slave may be beaten to death with no punishment for the perpetrator as long as the slave doesn't die too quickly.
EX 32:27 "Put every man his sword by his side,and go in and out from gate to gate throughout the camp, and slay every man his brother, and every man his companion, and every man his neighbor.
EX 32:27-29 With the Lord's approval, the Israelites slay 3000 men.
LE 26:7-8 The Lord promises the Israelites that, if they are obedient, their enemies will "fall before your sword."
LE 26:22 "I will also send wild beasts among you, which shall rob you of your children."
Lmao. The way you twist the scripture, eh? Those scriptures were old testament. The jews aint christian btw.
We all know when God was still in the business of the world, he chose the Israelites as his heritage and promised them a land flowing with honey and milk. Hence, he had to destroy the former inhabitants of these promised land because they were wicked abominable people and the reason he warned the Israelites of same destruction if they tow same path.

Today, God has no business in the world. His heritage are the saints in heaven and the elected redeemed through the blood of Jesus on earth. The promised land is the heaven above which is the new Jerusalem.

Hence any idiot carrying gun or bomb to fight aint fighting for God. Besides, the Israelites weren't fighting for God then but for their promised land but today, our promised land is heaven and if you're to strife for this heaven, you've got to learn of Christ who's actually God's first heritage in that heaven. Ciao.

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Talkingboy: 6:25pm On Jan 01, 2019
mainanalyst:
if a religion is telling me not to make friends with an unbeliever, such religion to me can be seen as a cult .

I thought you first said the Quran contradicts itself , but you were not able to defend that ?

Well,Back to your screenshot , I advice you to read the tafsir for you to understand better .

Islam is a religion of peace .

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Soflex(m): 7:00pm On Jan 01, 2019
@OkunrinMeta,

You are very right bro. Religion is a very big bondage/prison in Africa (and the world at large). What makes it worse in Africa, especially Nigeria, are the wicked jailers that we have in the name of greedy men of gods.

I always had a good time the few occasions I've been to church here in the States despite being a free thinker. At leaset I never heard their pastor saying silly things like dashing him a whole January salary at the expense of one's family, or cursing because I refuse to part with 10% of my salary. Instead, I heard him announcing that people can come for the receipts of their donations and offerings in case they want to claim it as part of their tax return from goverment. They package enough food items every month for the less privileged in their county every month, I've even happily joined them twice to participate in the exercise.

He manages to feed his whole congregation of about 200 every (other) month, just in the name of having family lunch with his Christian family, and most of his members call him by his first name.

Even though they are also in bondage of religion, they are doing it in a loving and caring way. But in my fatherland,..........hmmmmm.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by AlPeter: 7:06pm On Jan 01, 2019
Hermes019:

So Christianity is not a religion ?
I don't know why you guys like putting things the wrong way
Christianity is primarily a religion,of course it can also be considered as a lifestyle,both descriptions mutually exist,stop saying Chriatianity is not a religion just to sound special and score cheap points ?
First pick where i said Christianity is not a religion there in my post. You just jumped to that conclusion yourself. i practise Christianity not as a religion but a lifestyle so what's with the rants. Dude to you it seems like i said it to sound special. I DON'T CARE. Let me ask a question which religion did Jesus practice? Which religion did his disciples practice? Which religion did Cornelius practice?
Get out of the box. read your history.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by AlPeter: 7:12pm On Jan 01, 2019
Lehksyen4life:

Owing slaves was during the earliest day of Islam. Have you heard of somebody owing slaves nowadays?

May Allah guides you right and change your heart before you return back to him because by then, it would have been too late.
Are you living on earth? Google would be of immense help here
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Hermes019: 7:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
AlPeter:
First pick where i said Christianity is not a religion there in my post. You just jumped to that conclusion yourself. i practise Christianity not as a religion but a lifestyle so what's with the rants. Dude to you it seems like i said it to sound special. I DON'T CARE. Let me ask a question which religion did Jesus practice? Which religion did his disciples practice? Which religion did Cornelius practice?
Get out of the box. read your history.
OK u don't understand the angle I'm coming from,whatever u say
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by ebiem(m): 7:56pm On Jan 01, 2019
A man will first of all choose a path for himself before bringing (marriage) his spouse to join him. OP you have failed to do so as a man and my advice is that you let her go and continue to live your life as it pleases you. But never forget that you're a trust-breaker who failed to do the first thing first
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by JAMSEE: 8:14pm On Jan 01, 2019
[quote author=Preator post=74355185]
Light and matter ke?
Where did you learn that?
The world is simply made up of matter and energy. But Einsteinian physics have proved that matter and energy are actually the same so our cosmos may be said to be made up of matter.
Light is emmited by some bodies as a consequence of reactions eg nuclear reactions in stars, electrical excitations in your bulbs or even biological as seen in fireflies. Light is not matter. Your body do not emit light but reflect it. That is why you can not be seen in the dark. You must reflect light from another source before other eyes can perceive you.
THE QUESTION REMAINS...... WHERE DID THE LIGHT COME FROM? DID IT MAKE ITSELF? IS IT LIKE -SOMETHING COMING OUT OF NOTHING? DID SOMEONE MAKE IT? MANY QUESTIONS..! TO ME, THINKING MAKES IT REALLY DIFFICULT TO BELIEVE THAT THERE'S NO GOD. THERE ARE SOMETHINGS ABOUT HIM WE DONT KNOW YET BUT THAT THERE ARE THINGS I DONT KNOW ABOUT A PERSON CANT MEAN THE PERSON DOESNT EXIST.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Friend01(m): 9:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
sexybaby22:

Really, what makes you think I never lived in the north. Would I have done NYSC in the same south west I schooled?

Continue attacking me for telling the truth, instead of attacking the extremist in your religion.

I am not attacking your person, but your claims.
And again, sis, you are not saying any truth. The truth is only what you think it is when it is not.
No one religion has monopoly of violence.
And saying muslims do it more is being economical with the truth.

You don't just generalise that Muslims are this and that without expecting every well meaning Muslim to sit back and accept any names you call us without replies.
We are not that dumb.

All I am saying in a nutshell is be fair in your assessment. And I know as a southern you have close relatives or even neighbours who are Muslims and you know in your hearts of heart that they are not what you are painting here.

please, ma'am be fair.
It isn't too much to ask for.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Friend01(m): 9:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
mainanalyst:
if a religion is telling me not to make friends with an unbeliever, such religion to me can be seen as a cult .

This is where some of you are getting it wrong.
Even in life you get to choose your friends based on your personal ethics.
If you hate smoking and let's say, philandering you don't go choosing someone who smokes and is also a well known philanderer.
It means you have no ethics to speak of.
Similarly, the Qur'ān does not tell you not to be friendly with non Muslims, but to the extent that it endangers your faith then such relationship is cut off. Just like the example I cited above.
Any relationship that is not determined by certain ethics is just a clear deception nothing else.
And we are not begging anybody to become muslim if they think their 'thinking' is so powerful that they can't even tell what will happen tomorrow how do we trust such thinking to know what is what is wrong and what isn't in the first place.
Is this not just a grand undiluted delusion .
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Friend01(m): 9:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
prettyboi1:
I agree with the thoughts of the OP. Religion is just so confusing & it is full of division. All the religions in the world believe their religion is the one true religion & that you shouldn't associate with people from the other religions. Then, I ask : "Where is the love? " Is that what your God (or God of your religion) teaches you?

Let's be clear here, I believe in God, I do believe very much in God but I've started to question so many things about religion as a whole....there are too many contradictions in religion. In fact, I don't believe in religion.

Contradiction in Christianity is well documented, but in Islām? It has being a challenge the Qur'ān has thrown at those who are willing to take up this challenge.
Just show us one contradiction in the Qur'ān to disprove Islām and I will stop being a Muslim.
We have being waiting for over a millennia and over four centuries yet, not even one man has being able to do that.
You can try if you wish.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Nazaretha1(m): 11:06pm On Jan 01, 2019
If God is a just God, then reward and punishment has got to exist but that's not the issue bro.
I am definitely aware that she'd have expectations as would any body. I really wouldn't blame her.
One thing I'd advise you to clarify from her is, is she trying to coerce you in the thinking to come back to your faith because our society and family expectations etc demand it? Is it because of what people might say or because of her unchangeable belief in the Eternal?
I am staunchly against making life difficult for people just because of their religious beliefs though I'm not inferring that she's making life difficult for you. She's your wife, you know her best.
I believe it is the spirit of God that infuses the awareness of the Eternal into the human Neshama, trying to force you will only get you farther away from having a chance to get your faith back.
Few months ago, I was an atheist. I have a brother who is an atheist but I have come to the knowledge of God through history, science, ancient commentary and studying. I cannot discard my brother off just cause he still holds to his beliefs although I won't be equally yoked with unrighteousness. I believe if your wife can take the pain to study, not just in the scriptures of your religion but other sources, she might be able to reason with you. I have found answers to almost all the questions I had about life, dinosaurs, the flood, Cro Magnons, Neanderthals and the other humans and hominids before Adam, the law of relativity, free will, the prophecies, the existence or non existence of the Son of Man, history, etc.
The only way to find the creature is by understanding nature and its compliance with the maker, nevertheless, nobody should make you have a bad life over your religious views.

mainanalyst:
How Do I Convince My Wife?

Hi everyone, I will try not to make this post a lengthy one.

I was born into a Muslim family and raised as a muslim. My wife met me as a practicing Muslim way back 2005 when we were both undergraduate in one of Nigeria's federal Universities. Recently, i started losing interest in religion, started seeing it as a source of division among humans ( like Muslims attacking Christians and vice versa). The idea of people burning in hell and some people enjoying in paradise makes no sense to me if God is really loving as claimed by theists.

But my wife is not comfortable with my religious views, infact she has started seeing me as hellbound ( don't blame her though, a true Muslim hardly marry from other religions talkless of marrying a freethinker like me ). I can see that the love she has for me is gradually reducing simply because I chose not to hold any religious views. I have no problem with her religious views, sometimes when she is far asleep, I will wake her up in the morning to observe her solat.

How do I make her understand that I can be a good husband to her without having any religious beliefs ?
The only thing she reads about are stuffs pertaining to Islam, she hardly read about science or other non religious topics. She is one of the people who believes that no human can be morally upright without having the fear of God or subscribe to religious ideas.

Just of recent, I thought of leaving Nigeria to any western country so as to be able to live my life peacefully without anyone questioning my religious views or tag me as an infidel. But I can't just leave everything behind just because my woman is not comfortable with my religious views and has been quarrelling with me on it.

How do I make her live with me peacefully without her feeling uncomfortable? Has anyone experienced this before ? How did you manage the situation ?
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Nazaretha1(m): 11:26pm On Jan 01, 2019
Photons of light are the ethereal form of energy, matter is the material or physical from of it. A star 1987A or so exploded, 170,000 years ago (earth clock) but it'll always be in an ever ending now because photons move at the speed of light (error of redundancy) creating a simultaneously reality of the past, the present and the future. If you had a massless space ship and you were moving at the speed of light following the widespread dust of the star from the very point of it's explosion, you would have experienced no time, zero time but those on earth experience 170,000 light years.

[quote author=JAMSEE post=74361216][/quote]
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Ezilytina(f): 11:43pm On Jan 01, 2019
Friend01:

[b]Contradiction in Christianity is well documented, but in Islām? It has being a challenge the Qur'ān has thrown at those who are willing to take up this challenge.
Just show us one contradiction in the Qur'ān to disprove Islām and I will stop being a Muslim.
We have being waiting for over a millennia and over four centuries yet, not even one man has being able to do that.
You can try if you wish.

Bro, did you say there are no contradictions in Quran? You are indirectly mocking yourself!
Why do you see the truth and choose to hide it because of your hatred for Christianity?

If there are no contradictions in Muslim,
why do you have a divided religion (those that believe that Muslim is a religion of war and the other believing that it is of peace) ?
Why do we have Boko-haram today?
Are they not Muslims?
Are they not practicing what your Mohammed clearly stated in your Quran and yet some people are still insisting that it is a religion of peace.

Even if I should state hundreds of contradictions in Quran, you will still not leave because going by all your post on this thread I can see that you are the type that can never accept the truth.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by JAMSEE: 11:49pm On Jan 01, 2019
Nazaretha1:
Photons of light are the ethereal form of energy, matter is the material or physical from of it. A star 1987A or so exploded, 170,000 years ago (earth clock) but it'll always be in an ever ending now because photons move at the speed of light (error of redundancy) creating a simultaneously reality of the past, the present and the future. If you had a massless space ship and you were moving at the speed of light following the widespread dust of the star from the very point of it's explosion, you would have experienced no time, zero time but those on earth experience 170,000 light years.

PLEASE, WHERE DID THE STAR COME? WHERE DID THE BEGINING BEGAN?
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Ezilytina(f): 11:55pm On Jan 01, 2019
Time2Smile:

And what has the bold got to do with anything. Didn't you read where he said they are Muslims.? If he is struggling with accepting God existence despite his Islamic background, is it Christianity with its many contradictions, lack of genuine spirituality and excessive focus on worldly material wealth that will provide him clarity?

Hate! Hate!! Hate!!! That is all I can see and read from this post.

Just a sentence with few words brought out the terrorist in you. Smh
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by MightySparrow: 4:15am On Jan 02, 2019
Threathen her with the idea of either remaining a free thinker or becoming an Imam with additional three wives. watch her reactions
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by jetz(m): 8:19am On Jan 02, 2019
Jonra:
Learn to think and seek truth. Every individual has the capacity to seek truth and know it! (Whether absolute or relative)

Don't push your responsibility to God.

it's not about God anymore it's about man, God has done his part, but has man done his?
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by jetz(m): 8:21am On Jan 02, 2019
Jonra:
Learn to think and seek truth. Every individual has the capacity to seek truth and know it! (Whether absolute or relative)

Don't push your responsibility to God.

and truth is all about perspective if you fall on the opposite side you get heavily criticized by the opposite side still considering Nigeria is a society that kills belief faster than malaria
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Lihyunpark(m): 9:06am On Jan 02, 2019
sexybaby22:

If you've ever lived in a place where you are at risk of Islamic bombings, where you queue to enter church cuz everyone has to be searched with the risk of being bombed while on the queue, maybe you'll start thinking like me.

Islamic bombing you say?... Majority of people living in maiduguri are muslims majority of people living in syria, in Iraq, palestine are muslims... Muslim are the majourity of those who are killed in those places I mentioned. Boko haram bomb mosques, they killed people in Jumuat (friday prayer) they killed people in market place and streets. Do not use the act of some groups of terrorists to justify billions of muslims all over the world. Islam doesnt preach terrorism
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Lihyunpark(m): 9:16am On Jan 02, 2019
mainanalyst:

So beautiful that it sees nothing wrong in owing slaves ... smh

exactly this is what im saying... People dont understand Islam... Slaves of Allah is just a metaphorical statement bro.... We are refered to as slaves of Allah because he created us and he demand our worship but even with that, he gave us freewill we can choose to worship him or not has you've decided to distance yourself from him. We are slaves to him in the sence that we worship him, and we give total submission and humble our selfs to him. For example christians called themselve sons of God they failed to understand this is a metaphorical statement. God has no wife so his above begetting sons.. But the bible reffered to certain people as sons of God simply because they are dear to God, God loves them and they do Godly things. Another example is the people of Isreal being refered to as sheeps. All this word are just metaphorical.. So muslims being reffered to as slaves doesnt means God doesnt love you. Allah is ready to accept you back if you are ready to go back to him ask for forgiveness and he's ready to forgive you. He is the most beneficient the most merciful!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Halogenonimisi(m): 9:53am On Jan 02, 2019
mainanalyst:

Yes, there are kids.
Try to know Jesus ? By reading the book of talking snakes ? Truth is , if most of you take your time to read the contradictions in the holy books of Abrahamic religions (Islam, Christian, Judaism) , you will get to realise that they are just fairy tales.
That's why most developed countries have removed religious subjects from their curriculum and change it with subjects on morality.

To my Muslim brothers and sister advising him, I urge you to rather include him in your Dua, because from the response above, it's obvious that shaytan has really done ummeasure harm to his Iman.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Jonra(m): 11:11am On Jan 02, 2019
jetz:
and truth is all about perspective if you fall on the opposite side you get heavily criticized by the opposite side still considering Nigeria is a society that kills belief faster than malaria

50 million people doing the wrong thing won't make it right. Granted, some truths are relative. But we can both agree that all 26 articles of the UN charter is absolute and binding on all nations of the world.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by mostyg(m): 11:27am On Jan 02, 2019
mainanalyst:

Bro, please go and witness where exorcism is done. You would understand there is more to this life.

Better still isolate yourself in a room. Relax, close your eyes and talk to your mind ( inner spirit). Firstly ask for his identity and later engage him in discussion.
This may sound weird, many people has reported getting response although, It doesn't work for all.

Believing in spirituality would increase your believe in the supreme being.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by jetz(m): 12:13pm On Jan 02, 2019
Jonra:

50 million people doing the wrong thing won't make it right. Granted, some truths are relative. But we can both agree that all 26 articles of the UN charter is absolute and binding on all nations of the world.
more like 7.3billion doing wrong to me

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Olril18(m): 12:24pm On Jan 02, 2019
abdullkabar:

I didn't really get you, did you say the advice I gave is religious? Which I doubt is.
The places I mentioned anything concerning religion (Islam) were simply due to the fact that he is/was a Muslim.
Our thoughts are wild, verse, widespread. Its stimulated by so many things.
Imagine a Chinese man who was religiously inclined before but now has enlightenment due to their boom in science and technology, because of this now says he wants to divorce his family (the picture am trying to paint, may not be perfect for the scenario)
As a responsible married man, one got engraved with cheating and so think its better to chase his wife out to create enough chance to cheat)
Do you know for every idea/thought we have, there are different ideas in opposite or closely similar to that.
Do you know free thinkers are not under one umbrella, there are different categories of free thinking.
Not every idea or enlightenment that comes to mind is suppose to be executed.
(I know I have it all mixed up there)
Let me make it clear
Op has a sweet happy home, nice kids, beautiful wife and I guess is rich..he was opportuned to have a free thinkers enlightenment. But this enlightenment is threatening is family (which am sure at a time spent everything he had to create)
As someone stated, the human reasoning is not stable, op might just wake up tomorrow say na Buddhist him want be.
Since we can reason endlessly, we should be very careful of the actions we take.
Op hold your family, if its a sacrifice you have to make, make it
Cuz las las we go die, free thinker or no free thinker
The post by @ugjeks says it all
Enjoy your life, don't let one yeye enlightenment destroy what took you time to build. There are too much uncertainty in the world

I might just be saying rubbish
Na op life, anyhow him like make he do
well,my decision is that you are speaking absolute Nonsense.
religion is nothing but a scam.
and before u say more shitt, I was born in to a staunch and strong Muslim family.
Religion my foot!

1 Like

Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Olril18(m): 12:34pm On Jan 02, 2019
Lihyunpark:

You might be a practicing muslim but still doesnt understand Islam. Nobody who truely understand what Islam truely means and teaches leaves... It's too beautiful.
stupid Nonsense.. it his personal decision.
why do you dumbasss religious folks always feel threatened when someone says enough is enough,im no dey do again?
nonsense.
Re: My Wife Is Not Comfortable With My Religious Views by Friend01(m): 12:55pm On Jan 02, 2019
Ezilytina:

Bro, did you say there are no contradictions in Quran? You are indirectly mocking yourself!
Why do you see the truth and choose to hide it because of your hatred for Christianity?

If there are no contradictions in Muslim,
why do you have a divided religion (those that believe that Muslim is a religion of war and the other believing that it is of peace) ?
Why do we have Boko-haram today?
Are they not Muslims?
Are they not practicing what your Mohammed clearly stated in your Quran and yet some people are still insisting that it is a religion of peace.

Even if I should state hundreds of contradictions in Quran, you will still not leave because going by all your post on this thread I can see that you are the type that can never accept the truth.

Tell me the truth na.?

Show me the contradictions even if it is just one?

If many people are doing what they like it does not mean there is are contradiction in the faith. It simoly means people are deceiving others to believe that the path they have taken is correct.

Here the Qur'ān says challenging those who claim there is contracdition to find them.

"Then do they not reflect upon the Qur'an? If it had been from other than God, they would have found -within it much contradiction.«
-Qur'an 4:84

Then ask it is easy.
We Muslims boldly claim the Qur'ān is from God and does not have mistakes, but we claim the Bible is a book not solely from God because in it you will find words of God, words of prophets ,words of historians ,contradictions and sadly, pornography.

If you want me to show you the contradictions in the so called word of God, I will be more than glad to do that.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Woman Electrocuted In Hotel Room On Her Birthday (pictured) / Help, My Husband Dresses Like An Old Man, I Don't Find Him Sexy. / Boy Fights With His Father In Abia For Not Giving Him Money For Food

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.