Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,789 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St (33245 Views)

Keyamo Shares Videos Of PDP Members Complaining After Lagos Rally / This Is Why Edo State Should Be Removed From SS Zone / Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Basic123: 2:41pm On Jan 01, 2019
Tundeobama:
Ogun and ibadan particular will be a shocker to us in terms of development very soon I pray God give them visionary leaders.
Shoprite is building thier third outlet in ibadan making it the city with second highest mall in Nigeria after lagos.real estate and industry in ogun is the highest currently.
Kano population is over rate lagos oyo, rivers and ogun is more populated.
Are you sure, where is ShopRite building their second outlet?

Ibadan city really change during Ajimobi government,many shopping malls,parks,new roads network and good security.Only that he he doesn't have the gift of the gap and handle LAUTECH and salary issue poorly!
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Nobody: 2:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
marvinsync:

There is no such thing as Yorubaland , Igboland and Hausa/fulani land , the constitution does not recognise it and it doesn't (or shouldnt) have any real life implications all these lands only exist in the mind of backward people
of course there are tons of ethnic group in south west apart from Yoruba
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Nobody: 2:45pm On Jan 01, 2019
jafol:

Thank you but first make sure the crude oil build ur potopoto land first n later u can open ur God forsaken mouth to talk of south west. I bet u n ur descendants r living in yorubaland
I m from bayelsa. Children of hate.
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by marvinsync(m): 2:45pm On Jan 01, 2019
deomelllo:

The poster no name any of your villages so why the animosity and guilty conscience now?

don't try and be coy with me
WE know what he meant and it was foolish and very unnecessary to add that to this supposedly harmless thread
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Basic123: 2:45pm On Jan 01, 2019
stevenakp:

I'm from the south-south, Delta State to be precise. Lived in Port Harcourt for six years. Currently living in Lagos State.

Rivers State is overrated.
Lagos state is far ahead of Rivers State. it's like 1990(RV) to 2019(LG).

Yes, Rivers State has the money but as regard development it is still crawling.

Trust me, Ogun State will get ahead of Rivers State soon.
This why I laugh when some people try to mention PH after Lagos and Abuja where we have Ibadan and Kano.

I have always maintained that PH is overrated because of its English name!

5 Likes

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by marvinsync(m): 2:46pm On Jan 01, 2019
Donmedra:

that's not my point even if Yoruba was the only tribe in the SW, Yorubaland doesn't exist
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Nobody: 2:47pm On Jan 01, 2019
Tundeobama:
beamtopola village people ordinary akwa ibom will finish rivers talkless of giant lagos ogun and ibadan.
Rivers is better than all the yoruba land.
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Ritchiee: 2:48pm On Jan 01, 2019
Donmedra:
name one

From South East?
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by ChidiAlaigbo: 2:48pm On Jan 01, 2019
marvinsync:

There is no such thing as Yorubaland , Igboland and Hausa/fulani land , the constitution does not recognise it and it doesn't (or shouldnt) have any real life implications all these lands only exist in the mind of backward people

Says an Igboman, why?

Because Igbo land is desperately poor and barren. Every other Nigerian is proud and emphasise their ethnic homeland. I am from Yorubaland. Stop quoting the fake military constitution.

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by jafol(m): 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2019
beamtopola:

I m from bayelsa. Children of hate.
God punish u � abeg what did ur tortoise Goodluck jonarthan do for u n ur foolish state?
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by forgiveness: 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2019
Tundeobama:

New Ife road close to Nigeria breweries and and Airport road.

Do you mean towards Alakia?
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Basic123: 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2019
darfay:

Port Harcourt already has more than 3 malls
Ibadan has 5 malls -palms in ring road(largest in West Africa) -jericho mall in Jericho -heritage mall in dugbe -cocoa mall in dugbe -ventura mall in sango
if the one I just read about is true.It makes 6! -
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by forgiveness: 2:50pm On Jan 01, 2019
Jaideyone:
the guy you quoted has ignorance embedded in his DNA grin

Hahahaha! grin
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 01, 2019
Tundeobama:

We here in south west are intelligent people come with fact and figures.we have six state in south west.
The oil alone in river state can buy all the industry and all the land in yoruba
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Ritchiee: 2:51pm On Jan 01, 2019
Donmedra:
name one

From the south east?
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by deomelllo: 2:52pm On Jan 01, 2019
marvinsync:

don't try and be coy with me
WE know what he meant and it was foolish and very unnecessary to add that to this supposedly harmless thread

You are the tribalist because you see tribalism in everything you read because you are predisposed to tribalism.

Guilty conscience is killing you..

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Nobody: 2:52pm On Jan 01, 2019
jafol:

God punish u � abeg what did ur tortoise Goodluck jonarthan do for u n ur foolish state?
We are foolish yet we feed all the yoruba poor rats with our oil money. Lazy dirty people
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by forgiveness: 2:53pm On Jan 01, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Yewa are often unfairly seen as the extension of Egbas

While the Remo's are unfairly seen as the extension of Ijebu.
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Ritchiee: 2:53pm On Jan 01, 2019
beamtopola:

The oil alone in river state can buy all the industry and all the land in yoruba

Why is the oil unable to buy all what you mentioned,dude?
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ritchiee:

Why is the oil unable to buy all what you mentioned,dude?
Yea, the oil alone is the one that is sustaining the companies in lagos. Yoruba were the one mostly affected with the recession when the oil price was down. The story of pot stealing were rampant in yoruba lanf
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Ritchiee: 2:58pm On Jan 01, 2019
Donmedra:

Yorubaland is largely homogeneous...all the tribes are Yoruba except maybe Ogu...Egun people in Lagos.
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by jafol(m): 2:59pm On Jan 01, 2019
beamtopola:

We are foolish yet we feed all the yoruba poor rats with our oil money. Lazy dirty people
U feed yorubas hahaha, i bet u feed hausas too. You roaches need to be crushed and ur lands taken from u, u cant even make use of ur own oil to develop ur land, u talking about feeding YORUBAS. Nobody is stopping u fools from using oil money to create businesses in ur own land, i thought u south south n south east r developers? grin grin
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by marvinsync(m): 2:59pm On Jan 01, 2019
deomelllo:

You are the tribalist because you see tribalism in everything you read because you are predisposed to tribalism.

Guilty conscience is killing you..

rubbish analogy right there

can u honestly tell me that that sentence the OP said has no tribalistic element in it whatsoever?

why are u creating forced arguments?
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 01, 2019
I saw a post saying bonny LGA in Rivers has 24/7 light in Nigeria, lol!!!

Ogun has at least ten places where u will use light till u die.

Omu aran kwara, an ordinary town has at least 23 hours light. Lol
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by LZAA: 3:00pm On Jan 01, 2019
hundredrivas:
Skull minnig.
Cc immhotep velocity25 sarrki grin grin
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Ritchiee: 3:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
beamtopola:

Yea, the oil alone is the one that is sustaining the companies in lagos. Yoruba were the one mostly affected with the recession when the oil price was down. The story of pot stealing were rampant in yoruba lanf

With all your oil,Yorubaland is still better than your South South.
Which of your states have these?

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by forgiveness: 3:07pm On Jan 01, 2019
ChiefAlex:

Overrated Portharcourt?

Ibadan has 7malls now

Can you please list them? [size=8pt][/size]
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by marvinsync(m): 3:08pm On Jan 01, 2019
ChidiAlaigbo:

Says an Igboman, why?

Because Igbo land is desperately poor and barren. Every other Nigerian is proud and emphasise their ethnic homeland. I am from Yorubaland. Stop quoting the fake military constitution.

desperately poor and barren ? I laugh !
says a Yoruba man , whose first reaction to everything is tribalism

I only stated facts ,
Yorubas hate when Igbos mention having a sovereign state (Biafra) , hate ipob , first people to talk about one Nigeria when the concept of Nigeria splitting comes up (I wonder why if u guys are just so awesome ) but then hate when u see us in the SW and shout Yorubaland somehow implying we owe u the air we breathe for staying in our country !

the only way for us to move on peacefully is if we stop all these hindrance , or u could keep shouting Yorubaland and Igbos could keeping shouting Biafra till we tear the country apart

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by forgiveness: 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2019
Donmedra:
itskerri aren't Yoruba

Really? grin
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by marvinsync(m): 3:10pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ritchiee:

Which of the South South states?I hope you are not a South Easterner because Ogun state beats all the states there hands akimbo.

ok I get it ur a Yoruba man , proud of ur people okay no problem

but try and dial down the nonsense u say ok , u sound very not smart
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by marvinsync(m): 3:12pm On Jan 01, 2019
Basic123:

This why I laugh when some people try to mention PH after Lagos and Abuja where we have Ibadan and Kano.

I have always maintained that PH is overrated because of its English name!

Kano?
because of sabongari?
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Nobody: 3:15pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ritchiee:

Yorubaland is largely homogeneous...all the tribes are Yoruba except maybe Ogu...Egun people in Lagos.
ijaw? Awori? Ijebu?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Goodhead: Wike, others responsible for the Murder of DPO Bako / PDP Convention: Can Saraki Pull Another Surprise? / 19-Year-Old Suspected Robber Arrested With Dummy Gun In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.