Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,308 members, 7,808,044 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:35 AM

Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St (33116 Views)

Keyamo Shares Videos Of PDP Members Complaining After Lagos Rally / This Is Why Edo State Should Be Removed From SS Zone / Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by menace001(m): 12:16pm On Jan 01, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Ogun state sectarian mentality between the Egba and ijebu people remains the main problem of Ogun.

An Egba will often neglect ijebu areas while in power and vice versa

Amosun and Ggenga Daniels are case study.
Seriously
And each and everytime they always forget to atleast develop where the bulk of the revenue comes from, thats AGBARA INDUSTRIAL AXIS,. Much is expected from those at helms

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by stevenakp(m): 12:16pm On Jan 01, 2019
Please next time don't mention that overated state called Rivers State.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Cybertext(m): 12:17pm On Jan 01, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Ogun state sectarian mentality between the Egba and ijebu people remains the main problem of Ogun.

An Egba will often neglect ijebu areas while in power and vice versa

Amosun and Ggenga Daniels are case study.

Amosun still tried, he built fly overs and road in some ijebu towns like Ijebu ode, sagamu,.. Gbenga Daniels was just an error

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by oskaaay(m): 12:20pm On Jan 01, 2019
That's true. I just hope upcoming elections will bring in leaders that will get things straight.

You may be interested in this Nairaland Thread too

How To Get A Loan Easily With No Collateral Instantly On Your Phone
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by micah04: 12:22pm On Jan 01, 2019
Donmedra:
City that don't have airport,seapiort stadium, smh

That slum state can't compete with any south south states

It can actually compete with Akwa Ibom state remove the huge oil revenues allocated to the state from the federation account..

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by IDFWU(m): 12:28pm On Jan 01, 2019
The only problem with ogun state is skull mining afon!!! lipsrsealed

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by massive1019(m): 12:29pm On Jan 01, 2019
chaiiiiii.....i know if they are ranking states in Nigeria, Kwara will be 30th in terms of development.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by emmanuelpopson(m): 12:30pm On Jan 01, 2019
visionary leaders can.only do the unimaginable.. but the State had been in lack.of such..I believed the State can do some massive developmental projects like the rail lines to.Lagos and develop the olokola seaport to standard... more areas need to be open for investment like the Ibadan-Abeokuta road axis...
ise ya..ise ya.. Omo Ogun ise ya....
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by dyemida(m): 12:31pm On Jan 01, 2019
The only truth I see here is that Ogun is the religious and academic capital of the country. But sir, I'll point out these errors:

1. Ogun doesn't have a population close to what is obtainable in Kano.
2. Those places you called cities, Mowe, agbara and the rest except for Abeoukuta and probably Ijebu Ode, doesn't fit the criteria to be called a city.
3. The only part of Ogun that has access to an international water body can't exactly be used as a port. Do you know how sites for seaports are earmarked?
4. Ogun state doesn't really need an airport, IF the menace of bad roads can be tackled. It's proximity to Ikeja is enough for it. If we were to be in a developed world, Lagos and Ogun would be one state put together.
5. Ogun state still has a lot on its hands in terms of power and roads.
6. There is only one building that comes close to been called a sky scrapper in Abeokuta and it's in oke Ilewo. Although there are about two others under construction. But hey, they aren't even really sky scrapers in the real sense.

Does Ogun state have the potential? Certainly. They should have been there by now, no thanks to some elements in power.

Note: I'm an Ijebu, currently living in Abeoukuta.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by dyemida(m): 12:33pm On Jan 01, 2019
Donmedra:

Those are not yardsticks to measure development. By the way, Ogun has about 3 stadiums I know personally of.

5 Likes

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by helinues: 12:36pm On Jan 01, 2019
Soon we shall
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by propsvila: 12:39pm On Jan 01, 2019
If not Lagos who know Ogun State

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by chigo5(m): 12:40pm On Jan 01, 2019
micah04:

It can actually compete with Akwa Ibom state remove the huge oil revenues allocated to the state from the federation account..
why should he remove it.

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by forgiveness: 12:41pm On Jan 01, 2019
Cities like Abeokuta, Shagamu, Ijebu ode, Iperu etc should be linked with railway down to Lagos and their cities should be remodelled or replanned and rebuilt.

Once, the government invest in massive housing projects in this cities and railway system, volla, people will begin to live in Ogun state and work in Lagos. And if that is achieved, normal economical activities will begin to take place in those cities.
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by peterphd(m): 12:43pm On Jan 01, 2019
chloride6:
Add Oyo state to the list..

The train is coming

grin grin grin grin grin grin

Your roundabout from pdp to apc is one of the most surprising things of last year grin
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Tundeobama(m): 12:46pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ogun and ibadan particular will be a shocker to us in terms of development very soon I pray God give them visionary leaders.
Shoprite is building thier third outlet in ibadan making it the city with second highest mall in Nigeria after lagos.real estate and industry in ogun is the highest currently.
Kano population is over rate lagos oyo, rivers and ogun is more populated.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by blingxx(m): 12:49pm On Jan 01, 2019
Donmedra:

Why must everything be a competition to you undecided... Yorubas are dirty, skull miners, lazy... Yet your brothers are dying to live in Yorubaland... Have you ever thought about this?

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by forgiveness: 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2019
Tundeobama:
Ogun and ibadan particular will be a shocker to us in terms of development very soon I pray God give them visionary leaders.
[b]Shoprite is building thier third outlet in ibadan making it the city with second highest mall in Nigeria after lagos.[/b]real estate and industry in ogun is the highest currently.
Kano population is over rate lagos oyo, rivers and ogun is more populated.

Please, where exactly is the location of the ShopRite?

Do you know the name of the developer? Thanks
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Nobody: 12:50pm On Jan 01, 2019
stevenakp:
Please next time don't mention that overated state called Rivers State.
Rivers is better than all yolobas state combine including lagos. Only crude oil money can buy all yoruba people.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jan 01, 2019
micah04:

Also add resource control. God gave akwaibom oil and obasanjo gave ogun industries. So tell me why should he remove the God giving living of the state?
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by hustla(m): 12:57pm On Jan 01, 2019
Cybertext:

I think Lagos- Ibadan rail line being constructed has a terminal at Abeokuta

Knowing fully well that an ex president came from that state and served the country for atleast 10yrs; one will think he will at least provide some basic infrastructure like good roads and a working rail system (especially ota-lagos, and ota-abeoukuta)

Man was just there to loot and destroy tthings
Ogun didnt develop until this present APC governor came
The previous gov just looted and left smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by MrRichmond: 12:58pm On Jan 01, 2019
Cybertext:

I think Lagos- Ibadan rail line being constructed has a terminal at Abeokuta

Knowing fully well that an ex president came from that state and served the country for atleast 10yrs; one will think he will at least provide some basic infrastructure like good roads and a working rail system (especially ota-lagos, and ota-abeoukuta)

That Ex-president cannot do everything. He was president of Nigeria, not the president of Ogun state.

The onus should be on the leaders in the state to develop it.

Governors are closer to the people and should have a better understanding of the right infrastructure to put in place in the State.

Governors should be given more power and resources to develop their state. They should have 90% responsibility in state infrastructural development.

This is why anybody with a reasonable IQ, knows that decentralization of powers is a necessity for state development.

This is why we need to restructure!
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by hustla(m): 12:58pm On Jan 01, 2019
forgiveness:

Please, where exactly is the location of the ShopRite?

Do you know the name of the developer? Thanks

Oke Ilewo
Infront of OPIC
I can help u check the name of the developer
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Ayobami7(m): 12:58pm On Jan 01, 2019
都没有
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by MrRichmond: 1:00pm On Jan 01, 2019
hustla:

Man was just there to loot and destroy tthings
Ogun didnt develop until this present APC governor came
The previous gov just looted and left smh

Wow, you must be very smart

So you mean that all the infrastructures mentioned by the op, didn't start until APC came into power?

What a way to start the new year!

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by nograv: 1:10pm On Jan 01, 2019
Doesnt take much to be anything in Nigeria. When even Lagos DOESN'T have :

Constant Electricity
Decent Water Supplies
Decent Sewage Systems
Decent Public transport
Light Rail
Decent Refuse Collection
Green Spaces
Pollution Controls..

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Sheggun1: 1:11pm On Jan 01, 2019
iceboy4752:
I agree especially in terms of academics. Ogun state does not just have many universities. It is ahead of many states in terms of education at all levels, ranging from primary education to the tertiary level. This is evident in an institution like Covenant University which was ranked as the best in Nigeria ahead of other sublime institutions like ABU, UI, UNN and others. According to a JAMB statistic in 2018, about 4 of the top ten highest UTME candidates were Ogun state indigenes.
capital nooooo.... Ogun state secondary education system is very bad...... I served in Ogun state and the ministry of education said the student must not fail........ some ss3 student didn't know the square root of 81.....

3 Likes

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by forgiveness: 1:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
dyemida:
The only truth I see here is that Ogun is the religious and academic capital of the country. But sir, I'll point out these errors:

1. Ogun doesn't have a population close to what is obtainable in Kano.
2. Those places you called cities, Mowe, agbara and the rest except for Abeoukuta and probably Ijebu Ode, doesn't fit the criteria to be called a city.
3. The only part of Ogun that has access to an international water body can't exactly be used as a port. Do you know how sites for seaports are earmarked?
4. Ogun state doesn't really need an airport, IF the menace of bad roads can be tackled. It's proximity to Ikeja is enough for it. If we were to be in a developed world, Lagos and Ogun would be one state put together.
5. Ogun state still has a lot on its hands in terms of power and roads.
6. There is only one building that comes close to been called a sky scrapper in Abeokuta and it's in oke Ilewo. Although there are about two others under construction. But hey, they aren't even really sky scrapers in the real sense.

Does Ogun state have the potential? Certainly. They should have been there by now, no thanks to some elements in power.

Note: I'm an Ijebu, currently living in Abeoukuta.

Ogun state has the potential to develop like Lagos if the government invest in road, rail, urban renewal and cheap massive housing projects. That is the truth.

Once that is done.

1. The over population in Lagos will decrease and Ogun state will increase.

2. Those towns will metaphors to cities.

3. Are you saying Ogun waterside facing the Atlantic ocean after Lekki and Epe can't be used as sea port?

4. Ogun state needs airport urgently. Since, you agreed that Ogun state is the religion and capital of the country. Wealth and jobs can be created from the revenue derived from massive passengers flying to the airport from all over the country to attend religious programs in the state. The site of the proposed airport is just 20 - 30 minutes from these religious centers. Instead of getting cut up in Lagos traffic.
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by forgiveness: 1:15pm On Jan 01, 2019
hustla:

Oke Ilewo
Infront of OPIC
I can help u check the name of the developer

Wow! That's great. Thanks. I will appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by stevenakp(m): 1:15pm On Jan 01, 2019
beamtopola:

Rivers is better than all yolobas state combine including lagos. Only crude oil money can buy all yoruba people.

I'm from the south-south, Delta State to be precise. Lived in Port Harcourt for six years. Currently living in Lagos State.

Rivers State is overrated.
Lagos state is far ahead of Rivers State. it's like 1990(RV) to 2019(LG).

Yes, Rivers State has the money but as regard development it is still crawling.

Trust me, Ogun State will get ahead of Rivers State soon.

12 Likes

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by forgiveness: 1:22pm On Jan 01, 2019
beamtopola:

Also add resource control. God gave akwaibom oil and obasanjo gave ogun industries. So tell me why should he remove the God giving living of the state?

Obasanjo gave Ogun industries? shocked grin

Can you please explain?

4 Likes

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by hustla(m): 1:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
MrRichmond:

Wow, you must be very smart

So you mean that all the infrastructures mentioned by the op, didn't start until APC came into power?

What a way to start the new year!

I no get time to argue bro

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

CSP, Military Officers, Others Killed In Akwa Ibom State / Jimi Agbaje Sharing Kerosene In Ajeromi Ifelodun / Flash Back: When Obanikoro Was Opposed And APC Senators Walked Out (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.