Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,892 members, 7,817,625 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:47 PM

Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St (33235 Views)

Keyamo Shares Videos Of PDP Members Complaining After Lagos Rally / This Is Why Edo State Should Be Removed From SS Zone / Edo State Should Be The Capital Of South-South (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Cybertext(m): 1:33pm On Jan 01, 2019
hustla:

Man was just there to loot and destroy tthings
Ogun didnt develop until this present APC governor came
The previous gov just looted and left smh

You are so right... Gbenga Daniel was just a mistake , funny enough he's from my LGA but I can't point out one thing he did in his 8yrs... Amosun really tried especially in his first tenure and it would be hard for PDP to win Ogun again

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by hustla(m): 1:33pm On Jan 01, 2019
forgiveness:

Wow! That's great. Thanks. I will appreciate.

cool

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by HarryDuce(m): 1:33pm On Jan 01, 2019
stevenakp:

I'm from the south-south, Delta State to be precise. Lived in Port Harcourt for six years. Currently living in Lagos State.

Rivers State is overrated.
Lagos state is far ahead of Rivers State. it's like 1990(RV) to 2019(LG).

Yes, Rivers State has the money but as regard development it is still crawling.

Trust me, Ogun State will get ahead of Rivers State soon.
Lol. Rivers state is not living up to expectations, that I agree with. But you see, Rivers is still far ahead of Ogun state even with all the short falls and It will maintain that position for a long time. It's not today we started hearing Ogun state will overtake Rivers in whatever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Jaideyone(m): 1:39pm On Jan 01, 2019
Donmedra:
City that don't have airport,seapiort stadium, smh

That slum state can't compete with any south south states
you are just another ignorant illiterate
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Tundeobama(m): 1:42pm On Jan 01, 2019
forgiveness:

Please, where exactly is the location of the ShopRite?

Do you know the name of the developer? Thanks
New Ife road close to Nigeria breweries and and Airport road.
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Tundeobama(m): 1:51pm On Jan 01, 2019
beamtopola village people ordinary akwa ibom will finish rivers talkless of giant lagos ogun and ibadan.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by FATBAYO(m): 1:52pm On Jan 01, 2019
Future state with higest numbers skyscrappers...........I will own at least 1 skyscrappers.....OMO OOGU ise yahhh.Love my home town.....Lagos HomeZone
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Jaideyone(m): 1:54pm On Jan 01, 2019
forgiveness:

Obasanjo gave Ogun industries? shocked grin

Can you please explain?
the guy you quoted has ignorance embedded in his DNA grin
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by darfay: 1:58pm On Jan 01, 2019
kolaxed98:
I also forgot kicc church estates,there are at least 10 very large Yoruba church estates in ogun statestate.

What do you mean by Yoruba church has the likes of oyedepo,olukoya and Adeboye ever said that rubbish
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by darfay: 2:00pm On Jan 01, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Ogun state sectarian mentality between the Egba and ijebu people remains the main problem of Ogun.

An Egba will often neglect ijebu areas while in power and vice versa

Amosun and Ggenga Daniels are case studies

How about the yewa guys
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by darfay: 2:02pm On Jan 01, 2019
micah04:

It can actually compete with Akwa Ibom state remove the huge oil revenues allocated to the state from the federation account..

Remove the huge revenue ogun state gets from akwa ibom oil

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Iamgrey5(m): 2:03pm On Jan 01, 2019
darfay:

How about the yewa guys
Yewa are often unfairly seen as the extension of Egbas
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Xander85: 2:04pm On Jan 01, 2019
blingxx:

Why must everything be a competition to you undecided... Yorubas are dirty, skull miners, lazy... Yet your brothers are dying to live in Yorubaland... Have you ever thought about this?

Not excusing his statement, but read the OP again and see where a veiled attempt was made to measure dick! smiley
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by darfay: 2:08pm On Jan 01, 2019
Tundeobama:
Ogun and ibadan particular will be a shocker to us in terms of development very soon I pray God give them visionary leaders.
Shoprite is building thier third outlet in ibadan making it the city with second highest mall in Nigeria after lagos.real estate and industry in ogun is the highest currently.
Kano population is over rate lagos oyo, rivers and ogun is more populated.

Port Harcourt already has more than 3 malls
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by darfay: 2:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
Tundeobama:
beamtopola village people ordinary akwa ibom will finish rivers talkless of giant lagos ogun and ibadan.

Rivers state has the second highest igr in the country

Rivers state generates more VAT than the entire south west bar Lagos[b](fact)[/b]

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Tundeobama(m): 2:15pm On Jan 01, 2019
darfay:

Ibadan alone has more than three mall saying Shoprite outlet is two building the third.Note the largest mall in west Africa is in ibadan called ibadan mall at ring road, ,they have cocoa mall and Jericho mall . film house cinema in ibadan is five I know of.

2 Likes

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by darfay: 2:16pm On Jan 01, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Yewa are often unfairly seen as the extension of Egbas

But their former name was egbado. Are their dialects close/more intelligible in comparison to other Yoruba dialects
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Equity311987: 2:18pm On Jan 01, 2019
darfay:

Only Shoprite bro, malls are all over the place in Ibadan

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Tundeobama(m): 2:20pm On Jan 01, 2019
darfay:

Ibadan alone has more than three mall saying Shoprite outlet is two building the third ongoing.Note the largest mall in west Africa is in ibadan called ibadan mall at ring road, ,they have cocoa mall and Jericho mall . film house cinema in ibadan is five I know of.
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Tundeobama(m): 2:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
darfay:

Rivers state has the second highest igr in the country

Rivers state generates more VAT than the entire south west bar Lagos[b](fact)[/b]
We here in south west are intelligent people come with fact and figures.we have six state in south west.
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by marvinsync(m): 2:24pm On Jan 01, 2019
kolaxed98:
Ogun state

3:seaport,fortunately ogun is not landlocked like some people state and will stop d dependence on Lagos for export of manufactured goods.

What's this supposed to mean?
U just made this whole thing sound foolish and tribalistic
This shows you're a small man
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by omonnakoda: 2:26pm On Jan 01, 2019
Equity311987:
Only Shoprite bro, malls are all over the place in Ibadan
Malls do not necessariy mean progress.
That is a funny way of thinking
Malls are an American thing they do not work everywhere because they do not always make money.
American cties are often Large with relatively poor public transport,cheap fuel aand other things that feed into Mall proliferation
In fact the fulure is in online shopping and many modern cities will never have malls.
In the UK many High street retail outlets are closing down nder pressure from online retailers.

I am sorry but I do not subscribe to this Mall= development philosophy

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by marvinsync(m): 2:31pm On Jan 01, 2019
blingxx:

Why must everything be a competition to you undecided... Yorubas are dirty, skull miners, lazy... Yet your brothers are dying to live in Yorubaland... Have you ever thought about this?

There is no such thing as Yorubaland , Igboland and Hausa/fulani land , the constitution does not recognise it and it doesn't (or shouldnt) have any real life implications all these lands only exist in the mind of backward people

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by olas24u(f): 2:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
Donmedra:

it generates its own money not natural resources.if you have heard of the dawn commission then you will know everything has been planned up ondo state,itesikri all yoruba lands
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by ChiefAlex(m): 2:32pm On Jan 01, 2019
darfay:

Overrated Portharcourt?

Ibadan has 7malls now

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by jafol(m): 2:33pm On Jan 01, 2019
beamtopola:

Rivers is better than all yolobas state combine including lagos. Only crude oil money can buy all yoruba people.
Thank you but first make sure the crude oil build ur potopoto land first n later u can open ur God forsaken mouth to talk of south west. I bet u n ur descendants r living in yorubaland
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by AFONJACOW(m): 2:33pm On Jan 01, 2019
what will make them the next big thing? skull miners
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Ritchiee: 2:34pm On Jan 01, 2019
Donmedra:

Which of the South South states?I hope you are not a South Easterner because Ogun state beats all the states there hands akimbo.
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by deomelllo: 2:36pm On Jan 01, 2019
marvinsync:

What's this supposed to mean?
U just made this whole thing sound foolish and tribalistic
This shows you're a small man

The poster no name any of your villages so why the animosity and guilty conscience now?

1 Like

Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jan 01, 2019
Ritchiee:

Which of the South South states?I hope you are not a South Easterner because Ogun state beats all the states there hands akimbo.
name one
Re: Why Ogun State Should Be The Next Big Thing In Nigeria After Lagos And Rivers St by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jan 01, 2019
olas24u:

it generates its own money not natural resources.if you have heard of the dawn commission then you will know everything has been planned up ondo state,itesikri all yoruba lands
itskerri aren't Yoruba

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Caption This Photo Of Akeredolu And Mimiko / 19-Year-Old Suspected Robber Arrested With Dummy Gun In Lagos (Photo) / Presidential Poll: Forensic Analysis Shows Over-voting In 10,000 Pus, Omokri Cla

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.